Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  wonko the sane? : (22 September 2018 - 01:53 PM)

So apparently some models of air-conditioner are on trays inside the case, so they can be removed for easy access to the internals. I did not know that two hours ago: and have since cleaned three. It's been a learning kind of day.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (22 September 2018 - 09:15 AM)

There's probably been a Pokedex-themed 3DS cover.

@  Noideaforaname : (21 September 2018 - 04:34 PM)

I still got that Pikachu Edition Gameboy Color from back in the day. Yellow and Blue and with Pikachu, Jigglypuff and Togepi on the screen.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 September 2018 - 04:30 PM)

Quote of the day: I either need bourbon or aspirin, and I'm pretty sure the liquor cabinet is closer than the medicine chest.

@  TM2-Megatron : (21 September 2018 - 02:38 PM)

I don't recall any Pokedex themed DS or Game Boy, but plenty of Pokemon-themed ones. My favourite, and the one I've got myself, was the Pokemon Red/Blue themed 3DS with the swappable faceplates that came out around the time the original games were made available via digital download

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (21 September 2018 - 02:30 PM)

I'm fairly certain Nintendo has done Pokéball red and white, but I don't know about specific Pokédex colors.

@  Paladin : (21 September 2018 - 11:10 AM)

random thought: has Nintendo ever made a 3DS that looks like a Pokedex? because that seems like a GOLDMINE waiting to happen...

@  Nevermore : (21 September 2018 - 03:23 AM)

Wiigii! Titans Return Grotusque for only 60 Euros (actually 70 but I somehow had an eBay gift card for reasons that escape me) with free shipping from within my own country!

@  Whirl Maximus : (21 September 2018 - 03:02 AM)

That was the plan for Predators too with the Super Predators.

@  Waspinator : (21 September 2018 - 01:46 AM)

So, apparently in the new Predator movie, the Predators don't hunt us for honor or the challenge or anything like that, but because they're stealing human DNA to modify themselves. Congrats Hollywood, on making a monster far less cool and scary.

@  Pennpenn : (20 September 2018 - 08:46 AM)

I only started playing it recently so I don't know what it was like before. Actually surprised they haven't finished the story yet. Then again, unless they introduce another world it's pretty much just Maleficent and whatever the Foretellers are playing at left.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (20 September 2018 - 08:30 AM)

Geeze.. I reloaded up Kingdom Hearts X for the first time in a long time. That game has massivily inflated from when I played it when it first launced in the US.

@  Pennpenn : (19 September 2018 - 09:07 AM)

It's an annoying thing to have happen in any game. I'm hoping they actually finish releasing all the story mode parts before 3 comes out.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (19 September 2018 - 06:24 AM)

Ahh. Hadn't played that in a long time.. Since before the PVP I think.

@  Pennpenn : (19 September 2018 - 04:33 AM)

Kingdom Hearts Union Cross. Specifically the PVP fights.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (19 September 2018 - 04:31 AM)

What game PennPenn

@  Pennpenn : (19 September 2018 - 03:13 AM)

Man, I love it when you've got limited attempts at something in a game, said game crashes at the end of the thing, so you lose the attempt but don't get any credit.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 September 2018 - 08:44 PM)

I know. I'm back to the classic purple for the first time since the comic theme was introduced.

@  Fenix Twilight : (18 September 2018 - 08:32 PM)

Alright thanks, gonna be weird without the speech bubble boxes but I'll manage.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 September 2018 - 07:59 PM)

Nope, ongoing problem for a bunch of us. The mods know, so... just hunker down and wait. In the mean time: changing themes will sort it out for a bit. Only the comic theme is affected.

@  Fenix Twilight : (18 September 2018 - 05:36 PM)

Is something going on? I'm missing the buttons to go to the newest post and there's no banner for the forum list, it just says "logo" in the corner.

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 September 2018 - 06:03 AM)

Leader-1!

@  Whirl Maximus : (18 September 2018 - 02:25 AM)

"huh?" 'chuckle' in every reaction shot. That's all I remember of Armada.

@  Paladin : (16 September 2018 - 07:36 PM)

if youre looking for sympathy its in the dictionary between shit & syphilis.

@  TheMightyMol... : (15 September 2018 - 03:10 PM)

Uuuhhhhhh.......

@  Rycochet : (15 September 2018 - 11:56 AM)

Due to it's concentrated lousiness, even small doses of Energon will age you, yes.

@  Lazy Garou : (15 September 2018 - 10:32 AM)

unicron trilogy video was great, but made me feel a hundred years old.

@  wonko the sane? : (12 September 2018 - 07:32 AM)

Awesome. Good job man.

@  Lazy Garou : (11 September 2018 - 09:30 PM)

cleaning up, mostly.but the little plastic piece where the power cable hooked up was broken. That I managed to put back together.

@  Patch : (11 September 2018 - 04:48 PM)

So he also has White Castle-like qualities?

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 September 2018 - 02:23 PM)

Just keep him away from the plumbing, he's really hard on the pipes.

@  RichardT1977 : (11 September 2018 - 01:22 PM)

Overlord has some castle-like qualities to him

@  wonko the sane? : (11 September 2018 - 12:15 PM)

Fix it, like, found a working power adaptor, or fix it like: there was saudering involved.

@  Lazy Garou : (11 September 2018 - 11:58 AM)

that feeling when you fix something and works like a dream. we now have a working snes in my house and I have tested 10 games on it and they all work.

@  Arazyr : (11 September 2018 - 10:44 AM)

...Now I want a Transformer that turns into a castle.

@  wonko the sane? : (11 September 2018 - 09:37 AM)

You should be careful man, lots of allsparkers life in castle law states. It's a good way to get shot you know.

@  ▲ndrusi : (11 September 2018 - 09:35 AM)

Which house? Mine? Dammit I thought I locked my door!

@  GrungeWerX : (11 September 2018 - 01:20 AM)

GrungeWerX in tha HOUSE!!! WOOT!!

@  TM2-Megatron : (10 September 2018 - 11:54 PM)

There's been consistently good sc-fi flicks; most just fly under the radar as lower-budget or indie pictures

@  Steevy Maximus : (10 September 2018 - 09:28 PM)

If you can forget about that garbage Ghost in the Shell feature...

@  Steevy Maximus : (10 September 2018 - 09:27 PM)

Upgrade is a GREAT dark sci fi throwback film. Kind of feels like the genre has been nailing some good stuff after a LONG time of drek

@  Sabrblade : (10 September 2018 - 06:34 PM)

Hey, Steve is a Vehicon!

@  abates : (10 September 2018 - 04:44 PM)

I thought it was spelled "Stege".

@  Arazyr : (10 September 2018 - 02:10 PM)

So, "I before E, except after Siege"? :D

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (10 September 2018 - 01:59 PM)

Memorandum to all: the word "siege" is spelled with the "i" before the "e".

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (08 September 2018 - 12:55 PM)

Happy birthday to Star Trek and Star Trek: The Animated Series!

@  MEDdMI : (08 September 2018 - 07:55 AM)

*smacks TMM upside the head*

@  TheMightyMol... : (08 September 2018 - 02:51 AM)

& Knuckles.

@  Pennpenn : (07 September 2018 - 11:01 PM)

Re: Coded?

@  Waspinator : (07 September 2018 - 09:14 PM)

Final Fantasy: The Movie: The Game: Pocket Edition HD Boogaloo

Photo

Hearthstone - Heroes of Warcraft

anyone playing this?

713 replies to this topic

#1 bigbot69

bigbot69

Back and slightly less angry...kinda

• Citizen
  • 1307 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 24 April 2014 - 09:01 AM

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/

My firend hooked me up to this the other day so i downloaded it for ipad. It's a simple enough card game, easy to get into but a long time to try and master. Mechanics are fun and the games are short enough. Best part is ipad/PC/mac users can all challenge each other regardless what they're on, which gives it a larger userbase. Fairly trollfree too, I don't get many people logging out when they're losing.

If anyone wants a game let me know and I'll put my sign in for it here.

It's a Newcomic (apparently)

#2 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 43951 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:08 PM

I play fairly regularly, though having been in the game since prior to Open Beta in December, the game is starting to stale a bit. The current Meta game is very boring. It's either Control or what I like to call "To The Face" (Murlocs or general aggression aka "Zoo"). The saddest part about it is even without looking at any guides, you'll eventually learn the entire deck list and can make judgements on what deck is what based on the opening turn.

There are a few bright spots though. Control Warrior when played properly is always fun to watch even when you're on the receiving end, Miracle Rogue Decks are Glass Cannons in the extreme (I always respect those running them), Mages have some Spellpower Secret Decks running around, and Hunters have finally answered the calls of stopping abusing Unleash the Hounds with some very potent mid-range Beast decks that are a bit of a nightmare if you can't deal with it.

But those are bright patches in an otherwise stale meta game. Curse of Naxxramas can't be released soon enough - I'm hoping it'll help break the log jam of the Aggressive Meta and start seriously punishing those that just brainlessly hit the face.

I tend to run Gimmick decks. I have a Knight themed Paladin Deck "Army of the Light". A Elemental themed Shaman deck "Fury of the Elements". A Treant/Ancient themed Druid Deck "Nature's Wrath". A Enrage Warrior Deck "No Pain No Gain". And my personal favorite - "Your Deck Is My Deck" Priest Deck.

That deck tends to lead to insanity like this:

Hearthstone_Screenshot_3152014124741_zps

My Battle Tag is Rust #1734

Edited by Rust, 24 April 2014 - 03:10 PM.

Numbers 24:17

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. Plato

#3 bigbot69

bigbot69

Back and slightly less angry...kinda

• Citizen
  • 1307 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:46 PM

Cool. I've only been playing a week (got released on ipad) but I'm running a defensive mage deck that's taunt heavy with a lot of combo hitters and I've just built a druid deck that's based around getting mana buffs and using it to combo out a ton of hitters, though I need to run more charge minions in there as they're getting summoned then slapped in the face a lot.

I'll give you a game sometime tag is: Bigbot70 #2874

It's a Newcomic (apparently)

#4 Daith

Daith

You must Unlearn what you have Learned

• Supporter
  • 8539 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 24 April 2014 - 09:03 PM

I might take you up on this. I just downloaded it, so I'm still leaning the ropes of the game.

Tag is Darthirian #1161

#5 Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo

HUZZAH!

• Retired Staff
  • 20407 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 02 May 2014 - 01:25 AM

I've been playing for about a month now, and I'm really enjoying it.  I don't play heavily or with a high tier deck so I haven't really hit stagnation.  My gamer tag is MasterFwiffo#1606 and I'm usually on in late evenings.

ty3jHaa.jpg

#6 JFZero

JFZero

The quiet one

• Validating
  • 156 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 09:55 PM

Been playing for about a week and I really like this one.  Add me if you want My tag is: JFZero #1340

3DS Friend code 3368-2082-0827 if I have posted yours and I haven't added you pm me

#7 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 43951 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 06:03 PM

Had a weird Arena match that's been bugging me.

Me (Shaman) vs a Paladin

The set up:

He has a Stormwind Champion protected by a Divine Shield and boosted by a Kings to a 10/10 and a 2/2 Recruit. Plus a Light's Justice with one charge. He has 17 Health.

I have a Fire Elemental and a Spellpower Totem. In my hand are: Bloodlust, Earth Elemental, Lightning Bolt, Youthful Brewmaster, Earthen Ring Farseer, and Amani Beserker. I had 19 Health.

My plan was to use the Earth Elemental and Earthen Ring Farseer to heal myself up. Basically buy myself a turn with the Fire Elemental, Totem, and the Farseer then hit him with a Bloodlust.

I accidentally played Bloodlust instead of Earth Elemental. So, suddenly bequeathed with Rage Overwhelming I slammed into his face with my Totem, Fire Elemental, and a Lightning Bolt for 16 damage taking him down to 1. With the rest of my mana I popped out a totem - the 1/1.

His turn...he uses the Champion to knock over my Fire Elemental and then the recruit to knock out the 1/1 (O_o). He then plays Venture Co. Mercenary.

At this point, I figure the game's lost because I just straight up goofed. I notice he almost lets his turn run out before Ending Turn, likely believing that I had some kind of finisher waiting.

On my turn, I play Earth Elemental and Farseer, and hope for the best. I still have Brewmaster and Amani in hand, plus I drew into a Faerie Dragon, so I still had options - it's just he had the ammunition to knock over everything damage dealing on my board, but at 22 Health, I just had to draw into some kind of damage.

Cursing myself for the fool, his turn sees him...do absolutely nothing. He didn't AFK. He was looking around the board. He simply chose to do nothing. Letting the timer end his turn. I then hit him with the Farseer and won the game.

It just...I can see being dazed by suddenly having 16 damage ripped out of you - but he had the options on the field to eliminate my damage potential while still keeping his 10 and 8 attack minions alive to threaten me the very next turn.

In a ladder game, I could totally see that, but this was Arena. You spend coin to run it, so why wouldn't you play out till the bitter end? In the same vein that I had to draw into damage, all he had to do was draw into healing.

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. Plato

#8 Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo

HUZZAH!

• Retired Staff
  • 20407 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 22 May 2014 - 09:48 PM

He disconnected accidentally most likely. Had some similar things happen to me recently .

ty3jHaa.jpg

#9 MeGustaf

MeGustaf
  • Protoform
  • 3 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 28 May 2014 - 09:20 PM

I play fairly regularly, though having been in the game since prior to Open Beta in December, the game is starting to stale a bit. The current Meta game is very boring. It's either Control or what I like to call "To The Face" (Murlocs or general aggression aka "Zoo"). The saddest part about it is even without looking at any guides, you'll eventually learn the entire deck list and can make judgements on what deck is what based on the opening turn.

There are a few bright spots though. Control Warrior when played properly is always fun to watch even when you're on the receiving end, Miracle Rogue Decks are Glass Cannons in the extreme (I always respect those running them), Mages have some Spellpower Secret Decks running around, and Hunters have finally answered the calls of stopping abusing Unleash the Hounds with some very potent mid-range Beast decks that are a bit of a nightmare if you can't deal with it.

But those are bright patches in an otherwise stale meta game. Curse of Naxxramas can't be released soon enough - I'm hoping it'll help break the log jam of the Aggressive Meta and start seriously punishing those that just brainlessly hit the face.

I tend to run Gimmick decks. I have a Knight themed Paladin Deck "Army of the Light". A Elemental themed Shaman deck "Fury of the Elements". A Treant/Ancient themed Druid Deck "Nature's Wrath". A Enrage Warrior Deck "No Pain No Gain". And my personal favorite - "Your Deck Is My Deck" Priest Deck.

That deck tends to lead to insanity like this:

Hearthstone_Screenshot_3152014124741_zps

My Battle Tag is Rust #1734

Hahaha the good old Ysera, Faceless, Faceless combo :D

The silly things you do when you are winning anyways^^

#10 Ms Virion

Ms Virion

Not stupid. Advanced.

• Retired Staff
  • 18328 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 11 July 2014 - 05:32 PM

I recently got into this, I don't know my tag at the moment (I'll get it when i get home from work) but had the most hilarious exchange earlier in casual. I'm not especially good, and ran into another Priest running a deck I'm familiar with (it was a version of what I first started playing Priest with) And he was holding control well, we were countering each other fantastically, but he had a solid upper hand.

He's at 8, I'm at 11, I don't have taunters, and he has nearly a full field of smaller minions to ping me with. I'm dead, I know I'm dead. I don't have any plays. He has cleric on the field though, and heals a minion to draw, he's down to one, Turn ends, I'm at I think 5? He's at 8 and I've got like 4 worth of minions on the field.

I heal one of my minions, his cleric goes off, draws his last card. I heal another, again, -1 life. He's at 7. I shore up defense wise and end. He draws, -2, he's at 5.

He has me, he has to know he has me, but I've got just enough on the field, apparently, to worry him and I proceed to watch the greatest misplay I've ever seen. With cleric on the field, and I think 5 or 6 damaged minions, and no remaining deck, he plays Holy Nova. 

And I watch as he draws card after card for damage, until he ends up at -60 life. And then he quit and I was disconnected. Yeah.

Edited by Matthias Phage, 11 July 2014 - 05:32 PM.

#11 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 43951 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 06:29 PM

Yeah, in Priest vs Priest matchups, you do not want a Cleric on the field late game.

#12 Ms Virion

Ms Virion

Not stupid. Advanced.

• Retired Staff
  • 18328 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 03:20 AM

My tag is MPhage#1963

Edited by Matthias Phage, 12 July 2014 - 09:30 AM.

#13 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 43951 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:40 PM

So I created a joke deck based off a deck I myself had gone up against and found really unique.

Oh. Em. Gee.

sicdeck_zps01def529.jpg

This deck is...insanity. I was initially just playing casual with it, but I'm sorely tempted to start laddering with this thing.

For reference, a Windfury Harpy with a Blessing of Kings equates SIXTEEN damage a turn.

Edited by Rust, 16 July 2014 - 02:42 PM.

#14 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 43951 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 02:03 PM

Blizzard has revealed all 30 cards of the Curse of Naxxramas Adventure Pack - being released tomorrow and a weekly release of a wing each wing for four weeks afterward.

Even though many of these cards are a "Hurry Up and Wait" type of deal...the game is going to dramatically change.

#15 Apostrophe

Apostrophe
  • Citizen
  • 2545 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:05 PM

I tried this out the other day and needless to say I'm terrible at it. In one game I had 6 health left and accidentally targeted myself with a fireball...

Damn you touch screens.

#16 Ms Virion

Ms Virion

Not stupid. Advanced.

• Retired Staff
  • 18328 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:40 PM

So I've done everything in the first wing except beat Heroic mode, which frankly I don't care enough about card backs to do. Rust, you play Priest, thoughts of using Maexxna for control decks?

#17 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 43951 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:57 AM

So I've done everything in the first wing except beat Heroic mode, which frankly I don't care enough about card backs to do. Rust, you play Priest, thoughts of using Maexxna for control decks?

Let me change your mind.

But seriously, Maexxna I don't see really working Control side, because she's a gigantic target and much like Emperor Cobra just too slow to really be effective. That said, if an opponent drops her...steal her with a Cabal Shadow Priest.

As for Heroic Mode, I enjoy the challenge...well, except for Heroic Maexxna, who is giving me conniptions. The issue I'm having is keeping my head above water, health wise, and about the time I get a grip on her wave of small creatures, then the big boys start dropping.

#18 Ms Virion

Ms Virion

Not stupid. Advanced.

• Retired Staff
  • 18328 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 02:33 PM

Made a Murloc deck. They're neat.

Edited by Matthias Phage, 25 July 2014 - 02:33 PM.

#19 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 43951 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 02:38 PM

Murlocs are a lot of fun.

And nigh impossible to stop if you've flooded the board early and drop the one that boosts the health of all Murlocs by +3 on Turn 3. It's basically a "I Win" card, because there's no way to stop them at that point.

Also once you obtain a copy of every Murloc card, you unlock their Legendary Ol' Murk Eye.

#20 Ms Virion

Ms Virion

Not stupid. Advanced.

• Retired Staff
  • 18328 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 02:48 PM

Yep, already got him,  thats why I built it.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users