Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  wonko the sane? : (22 September 2018 - 01:53 PM)

So apparently some models of air-conditioner are on trays inside the case, so they can be removed for easy access to the internals. I did not know that two hours ago: and have since cleaned three. It's been a learning kind of day.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (22 September 2018 - 09:15 AM)

There's probably been a Pokedex-themed 3DS cover.

@  Noideaforaname : (21 September 2018 - 04:34 PM)

I still got that Pikachu Edition Gameboy Color from back in the day. Yellow and Blue and with Pikachu, Jigglypuff and Togepi on the screen.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 September 2018 - 04:30 PM)

Quote of the day: I either need bourbon or aspirin, and I'm pretty sure the liquor cabinet is closer than the medicine chest.

@  TM2-Megatron : (21 September 2018 - 02:38 PM)

I don't recall any Pokedex themed DS or Game Boy, but plenty of Pokemon-themed ones. My favourite, and the one I've got myself, was the Pokemon Red/Blue themed 3DS with the swappable faceplates that came out around the time the original games were made available via digital download

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (21 September 2018 - 02:30 PM)

I'm fairly certain Nintendo has done Pokéball red and white, but I don't know about specific Pokédex colors.

@  Paladin : (21 September 2018 - 11:10 AM)

random thought: has Nintendo ever made a 3DS that looks like a Pokedex? because that seems like a GOLDMINE waiting to happen...

@  Nevermore : (21 September 2018 - 03:23 AM)

Wiigii! Titans Return Grotusque for only 60 Euros (actually 70 but I somehow had an eBay gift card for reasons that escape me) with free shipping from within my own country!

@  Whirl Maximus : (21 September 2018 - 03:02 AM)

That was the plan for Predators too with the Super Predators.

@  Waspinator : (21 September 2018 - 01:46 AM)

So, apparently in the new Predator movie, the Predators don't hunt us for honor or the challenge or anything like that, but because they're stealing human DNA to modify themselves. Congrats Hollywood, on making a monster far less cool and scary.

@  Pennpenn : (20 September 2018 - 08:46 AM)

I only started playing it recently so I don't know what it was like before. Actually surprised they haven't finished the story yet. Then again, unless they introduce another world it's pretty much just Maleficent and whatever the Foretellers are playing at left.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (20 September 2018 - 08:30 AM)

Geeze.. I reloaded up Kingdom Hearts X for the first time in a long time. That game has massivily inflated from when I played it when it first launced in the US.

@  Pennpenn : (19 September 2018 - 09:07 AM)

It's an annoying thing to have happen in any game. I'm hoping they actually finish releasing all the story mode parts before 3 comes out.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (19 September 2018 - 06:24 AM)

Ahh. Hadn't played that in a long time.. Since before the PVP I think.

@  Pennpenn : (19 September 2018 - 04:33 AM)

Kingdom Hearts Union Cross. Specifically the PVP fights.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (19 September 2018 - 04:31 AM)

What game PennPenn

@  Pennpenn : (19 September 2018 - 03:13 AM)

Man, I love it when you've got limited attempts at something in a game, said game crashes at the end of the thing, so you lose the attempt but don't get any credit.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 September 2018 - 08:44 PM)

I know. I'm back to the classic purple for the first time since the comic theme was introduced.

@  Fenix Twilight : (18 September 2018 - 08:32 PM)

Alright thanks, gonna be weird without the speech bubble boxes but I'll manage.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 September 2018 - 07:59 PM)

Nope, ongoing problem for a bunch of us. The mods know, so... just hunker down and wait. In the mean time: changing themes will sort it out for a bit. Only the comic theme is affected.

@  Fenix Twilight : (18 September 2018 - 05:36 PM)

Is something going on? I'm missing the buttons to go to the newest post and there's no banner for the forum list, it just says "logo" in the corner.

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 September 2018 - 06:03 AM)

Leader-1!

@  Whirl Maximus : (18 September 2018 - 02:25 AM)

"huh?" 'chuckle' in every reaction shot. That's all I remember of Armada.

@  Paladin : (16 September 2018 - 07:36 PM)

if youre looking for sympathy its in the dictionary between shit & syphilis.

@  TheMightyMol... : (15 September 2018 - 03:10 PM)

Uuuhhhhhh.......

@  Rycochet : (15 September 2018 - 11:56 AM)

Due to it's concentrated lousiness, even small doses of Energon will age you, yes.

@  Lazy Garou : (15 September 2018 - 10:32 AM)

unicron trilogy video was great, but made me feel a hundred years old.

@  wonko the sane? : (12 September 2018 - 07:32 AM)

Awesome. Good job man.

@  Lazy Garou : (11 September 2018 - 09:30 PM)

cleaning up, mostly.but the little plastic piece where the power cable hooked up was broken. That I managed to put back together.

@  Patch : (11 September 2018 - 04:48 PM)

So he also has White Castle-like qualities?

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 September 2018 - 02:23 PM)

Just keep him away from the plumbing, he's really hard on the pipes.

@  RichardT1977 : (11 September 2018 - 01:22 PM)

Overlord has some castle-like qualities to him

@  wonko the sane? : (11 September 2018 - 12:15 PM)

Fix it, like, found a working power adaptor, or fix it like: there was saudering involved.

@  Lazy Garou : (11 September 2018 - 11:58 AM)

that feeling when you fix something and works like a dream. we now have a working snes in my house and I have tested 10 games on it and they all work.

@  Arazyr : (11 September 2018 - 10:44 AM)

...Now I want a Transformer that turns into a castle.

@  wonko the sane? : (11 September 2018 - 09:37 AM)

You should be careful man, lots of allsparkers life in castle law states. It's a good way to get shot you know.

@  ▲ndrusi : (11 September 2018 - 09:35 AM)

Which house? Mine? Dammit I thought I locked my door!

@  GrungeWerX : (11 September 2018 - 01:20 AM)

GrungeWerX in tha HOUSE!!! WOOT!!

@  TM2-Megatron : (10 September 2018 - 11:54 PM)

There's been consistently good sc-fi flicks; most just fly under the radar as lower-budget or indie pictures

@  Steevy Maximus : (10 September 2018 - 09:28 PM)

If you can forget about that garbage Ghost in the Shell feature...

@  Steevy Maximus : (10 September 2018 - 09:27 PM)

Upgrade is a GREAT dark sci fi throwback film. Kind of feels like the genre has been nailing some good stuff after a LONG time of drek

@  Sabrblade : (10 September 2018 - 06:34 PM)

Hey, Steve is a Vehicon!

@  abates : (10 September 2018 - 04:44 PM)

I thought it was spelled "Stege".

@  Arazyr : (10 September 2018 - 02:10 PM)

So, "I before E, except after Siege"? :D

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (10 September 2018 - 01:59 PM)

Memorandum to all: the word "siege" is spelled with the "i" before the "e".

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (08 September 2018 - 12:55 PM)

Happy birthday to Star Trek and Star Trek: The Animated Series!

@  MEDdMI : (08 September 2018 - 07:55 AM)

*smacks TMM upside the head*

@  TheMightyMol... : (08 September 2018 - 02:51 AM)

& Knuckles.

@  Pennpenn : (07 September 2018 - 11:01 PM)

Re: Coded?

@  Waspinator : (07 September 2018 - 09:14 PM)

Final Fantasy: The Movie: The Game: Pocket Edition HD Boogaloo

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

[OOC] Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP

play by post rpg STOMP

19771 replies to this topic

#1 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 16923 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 17 April 2014 - 10:08 PM

So...what in the world is this?

Planning to start another forum RPG campaign and gauging interest. This will be a different setting and setup than the last. As opposed to an escalating mystery about an illness and a plotting enemy, this will be more akin to a team of Daring Do. The team involved will be explorers sent out to recover artifacts to protect them from evil. Allows a bit of adventure and worldbuilding, still has breathing room for character interaction, and has a clear cut end goal for each mission so story arcs are easier to plan and define. The catch to it is that the narration frames this as an old school radio serial, hence the name.

"In universe" promo:
Spoiler

We will be using the Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony system with some things pulled from Wanderlust. While this is the same system as the previous forum RPG, there's a fair number of changes that have happened since last year. Furthermore, I'll be using a few house rules to help better smooth out a few of the issues. I'll also be helping people with their builds. While I prefer sticking to equine characters, I am lenient with build styles representing earlier generations. There will be plenty of time to get things sorted out since May is the soonest I'd be starting the campaign.

Starring cast:
Spoiler

Personal GM Quirks and House Rules
Important notes and items (can be edited by players)
NPC cast

Keep map:
Spoiler

Story chapters:

OOC Chapters:

Edited by Zamuel, 22 July 2018 - 03:24 AM.

Spoiler

#2 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

I like coffee!

• Staff
  • 35611 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:06 PM

You know, I did want to try Dungeons and Dragons back in its heyday. If this is anything like that, I don't see why I wouldn't give it a shot.

B5ofTKU.jpg

#3 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 16923 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:12 PM

Any particular character concepts in mind? I'll need to link to the player guide but I didn't want to drop the full thing on people at once. Plus, I tend to ask a lot of character personality questions gearing up than only stats.
Spoiler

#4 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

I like coffee!

• Staff
  • 35611 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:22 PM

Night Cap.

B5ofTKU.jpg

#5 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 16923 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 01:58 AM

Night Cap

Made a quick sheet for him. We can get the details worked out over time. I will note that the ability Fracture the Fourth Wall is banned.
Spoiler

#6 Sailor Unicron

Sailor Unicron
  • Citizen
  • 3551 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:39 AM

I'd be interested.

You are more than flesh and bone / Can't you see, you're something beautiful...you gotta believe that you are / Someone worth dying for

God's not dead!

In 1996: "TRUKK NOT MUNKEY!"; In 2013: "PONEE NOT HUGHMAN!"; in 2014: "TREE NOT CASSUL"; Regardless of the fandom, it all boils down to one thing: "RUINED FOREVA!"

DA account

I got my counter at Jellyneo.net! NaNoWriMo is GO!

#7 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

I like coffee!

• Staff
  • 35611 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:36 AM

Working out those details should be fun.

B5ofTKU.jpg

#8 Shadewing

Shadewing

Evil faces a Black Night

• Supporter
  • 35638 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:39 AM

I'm kinda interested, but I feel the previous RP would have been a better fit for Shadewing.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#9 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Up a tree

• Administrator
  • 47122 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:57 AM

I am intrigued, and I have been messing with an OC. How active does a player need to be to keep up with the gameplay in one of these? Despite my recent constant presence at Allspark, there really are days I might not be able to log in more than once or twice.
Shouldn't gravity be doing something?

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#10 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 16923 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 04:06 PM

Those like Sailor Unicron who have gamed with me before, or really anyone, start tossing ideas my way. This campaign will be semi-canon to G4 but most of the show characters will be kept out of the campaign. Minor characters just might show up where appropriate. If Celestia and Luna show up, things have probably gotten pretty bad.

Working out those details should be fun.

Any particular broad strokes on what he'd be capable of? I will note that there is a possibility some stuff may not be possible. BTW, is Night Cap an earth pony by virtue of "kinda a druid", having a bit of super strength, or "the one that can't fly or magic"?

I'm kinda interested, but I feel the previous RP would have been a better fit for Shadewing.

You may want to try a brand new character. Some people bend the same character or stable of characters across multiple campaigns while some create new characters for each campaign.

I am intrigued, and I have been messing with an OC. How active does a player need to be to keep up with the gameplay in one of these? Despite my recent constant presence at Allspark, there really are days I might not be able to log in more than once or twice.

General preference for forum campaigns is posting roughly once a day and giving a heads up if you think you'll be away for an extended time.
Spoiler

#11 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

I like coffee!

• Staff
  • 35611 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 05:39 PM

Any particular broad strokes on what he'd be capable of? I will note that there is a possibility some stuff may not be possible. BTW, is Night Cap an earth pony by virtue of "kinda a druid", having a bit of super strength, or "the one that can't fly or magic"?

I'll save the powers for my comics. For the purpose of an rpg, he'd be solidly in "the one that can't fly or magic" territory.

B5ofTKU.jpg

#12 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 16923 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 06:42 PM

Well, I figured that most of his powers were by virtue of being in a dream realm. That said, what is he good at? Who is he? There's a lot to be gained from personality. Plus, he may need to be slightly super boosted by virtue of needing to being able to work with an exploring team.
Spoiler

#13 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Up a tree

• Administrator
  • 47122 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:50 PM

General preference for forum campaigns is posting roughly once a day and giving a heads up if you think you'll be away for an extended time.

Cool, that won't be a problem, then. I guess I should start getting used to the system. *Goes to read the handbook.*

Shouldn't gravity be doing something?

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#14 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 16923 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:19 PM

I'd be interested.

Out of curiosity, will you be playing a converted version of Daisy Belle or a brand new character?
Spoiler

#15 Sailor Unicron

Sailor Unicron
  • Citizen
  • 3551 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:25 PM

Hmm, I'd have to think about that.  I'm not entirely sure, to be honest.

You are more than flesh and bone / Can't you see, you're something beautiful...you gotta believe that you are / Someone worth dying for

God's not dead!

In 1996: "TRUKK NOT MUNKEY!"; In 2013: "PONEE NOT HUGHMAN!"; in 2014: "TREE NOT CASSUL"; Regardless of the fandom, it all boils down to one thing: "RUINED FOREVA!"

DA account

I got my counter at Jellyneo.net! NaNoWriMo is GO!

#16 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

I like coffee!

• Staff
  • 35611 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:26 PM

That said, what is he good at?

He's partly based on me, so it's hard to give an answer other than "Ha ha ha ha ha ha".

I guess he's good at working while tired.

Who is he? There's a lot to be gained from personality.

He's a deceptively happy guy. Despite outwardly appearing to be a screwup with no skills or accomplishments, he's got high self esteem. Even though people have no idea what he does, and in fact he can't even prove to himself that what he does matters, he believes it does matter. If anything, the fact that people don't know what he does just gives him a bit of a superiority complex. They just don't know.

Plus, he may need to be slightly super boosted by virtue of needing to being able to work with an exploring team.

The lack of abilities might make for an interesting dynamic with the team. You've seen a glimpse of what his dreams are like. You have an idea what he deals with. And he's a pro at it. When he's awake he has to remember what he can't do. He might forget sometimes.

B5ofTKU.jpg

#17 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 16923 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 11:06 PM

In some ways, Night Cap is shaping up to be the normaliest Normal who ever normed but he's got quirks. Mostly finished the non-combat half of things but it can still be fleshed out a fair bit.

What role would he try to fulfill in battle? Any number of concepts are possible, ranging from direct damage, to beserker, tanking, healing, crowd control, or any number of things.

To reclarify something from earlier, the princesses may make friendly visits to the "perfectly normal" museum staff. It's if they show up with the unhappy face that you should be utterly terrified somewhat concerned.
Spoiler

#18 Cabooceratops

Cabooceratops

Girl Whomst Love Girls

• Staff
  • 21888 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 19 April 2014 - 03:27 AM

This is certainly interesting, but I'd probably have to make a new character for it, and it sounds like a step away from last RPG, which was more character/story focused than game focused, so I dunno.

Then again, game focused might be a good bit easier than the last RPG.

(Maybe I am just too attached to the last RPG for my own good. I still have Bone Brush's character sheet up on my bookmarks bar. =T)

Edited by Cabooceratops, 19 April 2014 - 03:28 AM.

Like my art? I do commissions!! -> https://www.allspark...

#19 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 16923 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 06:54 AM

I was actually contemplating requesting permission to use Bone Brush as an NPC.

While this would have a fair bit more overt "stuff blows up" factor by design, character interaction would still be valued and promoted.
Spoiler

#20 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

I like coffee!

• Staff
  • 35611 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 10:49 PM

In some ways, Night Cap is shaping up to be the normaliest Normal who ever normed but he's got quirks. Mostly finished the non-combat half of things but it can still be fleshed out a fair bit.

What role would he try to fulfill in battle? Any number of concepts are possible, ranging from direct damage, to beserker, tanking, healing, crowd control, or any number of things.

That's kinda the direction I decided to go. The funny thing is that the character he's based on from my unfinished novel is in absolutely no way a normal, but I've stripped away stuff that doesn't fit the setting or makes him overpowered, which turned out to be most of what's interesting. But I like that. It's forcing me to keep things subtle.

Tricky. In the dreamlands with all his abilities and equipment at his disposal, his default plan is "There is no plan", in a heroic kind of way. He's a Leeroy Jenkins that makes it work. Outside the dreamlands where he's a total normal... he'd probably forget that he can't do that, and I'm not sure how well that would work out. Not knowing what can't be done works best when one can actually do things. I guess he can be the guy that runs in, chaotically blunders his way to victory, and says "I meant to do that" while trying not to look surprised.

Edited by Fnu Aw, 19 April 2014 - 10:49 PM.

B5ofTKU.jpg

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users