Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  unluckiness : (26 March 2019 - 12:29 AM)

ALso him messing around with the wait staff is adorable.

@  unluckiness : (26 March 2019 - 12:29 AM)

That's why I prefer wasting my time on the Kitchen Nightmares channel to the Hell's Kitchen one. He actually talks about the food there rather than increasingly colorful insults.

@  fourteenwings : (26 March 2019 - 12:17 AM)

They know their audience; people looking for videos of Gordon Ramsay being censor-bleeped every five seconds.

@  unluckiness : (26 March 2019 - 12:13 AM)

Gordon Ramsay likes the food compilation - 6 minutes. Gordon Ramsay hates on the food video - 1 hour. I love whoever manages his Youtube channel.

@  Ashley : (25 March 2019 - 06:35 PM)

Yeah, motorized flywheels have changed things a lot

@  Benbot : (25 March 2019 - 06:31 PM)

I'm big into Nerf. The blasters they make today are 1000 times more advanced than anything we had when growing up. There's a thriving modding community too.

@  wonko the sane? : (25 March 2019 - 01:29 PM)

Eh... they're okay. But unless you routinely end up with people who also own/use them (like in college, or an office where the boss buggers off for hours at a time.) they usually just end up sitting around gathering dust because without someone to shoot and shoot back: they quickly get old.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (25 March 2019 - 01:27 PM)

Hmm. I don't think I have ever owned a Nerf gun in my life despite knowing of them for my entire life and liking the TV adverts.

@  Ashley : (24 March 2019 - 11:08 PM)

a stupid discovery while looking at some nerf guns: they make toilet paper blasters. it's basically an automatic spitball launcher, with a little water tank and a reel for you to put the toilet paper on.

@  MEDdMI : (24 March 2019 - 09:10 PM)

Everyone is a little stupid in their own snowflake way

@  ▲ndrusi : (24 March 2019 - 07:57 PM)

Personally I have a much higher tolerance for anecdotes about Stupid Americans when they come from other Americans.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 March 2019 - 06:46 PM)

Australia is British Florida.

@  Patch : (24 March 2019 - 06:11 PM)

What other country has its own Florida?

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 March 2019 - 12:23 PM)

Many of us are in fact aware that our country is ridiculous.

@  Arazyr : (24 March 2019 - 08:25 AM)

As an American, I have no problem with the amusing anecdotes he's been sharing. In fact, I've been enjoying them, and got no indication of smugness from any of them. Please continue. 8^)

@  The Doctor Who : (24 March 2019 - 06:00 AM)

Minnesota, but I think it's only mentioned in, like, a side comic or something.

@  Maximus Ambus : (24 March 2019 - 05:57 AM)

Ever wonder what state Carly was in after 'The Rebirth'.

@  fourteenwings : (24 March 2019 - 02:15 AM)

I don't think it's right to feel indignation at people telling you that Americans might also have feelings and you should consider them before squawking yet more things in the same vein.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (24 March 2019 - 01:28 AM)

Intervening? It's not like much of anything that happens in this box is prompted.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (24 March 2019 - 01:13 AM)

I suppose I would normally feel indignation right about now, but with you I am merely unsurprised that you are intervening in a conversation to express your typical brand of disapproval.

@  Cabooceratops : (24 March 2019 - 01:06 AM)

Nitefort x ]

@  NotVeryKnightly : (24 March 2019 - 12:50 AM)

I'm not super fond of Nevermore's habit of using the Shoutbox to complain about TFW users, but those usually seem to be things he's personally witnessed and not anecdotes that he only has confirmation bias to backup, so I can believe he isn't just being smug.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (24 March 2019 - 12:47 AM)

Amusing? Don't try to pretend you aren't being selective by picking things that support a narrative you're building.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (24 March 2019 - 12:46 AM)

Shield Agent: this and the previous anecdote didn't sound like you have any reason to believe them beyond confirmation bias, so bringing up these things compulsively achieves nothing beyond making you look smug.

@  fourteenwings : (24 March 2019 - 12:23 AM)

Well I guess Fortnite sounds cool? Maybe it made more sense before the gameplay started to focus on the Battle Royale bit?

@  fourteenwings : (24 March 2019 - 12:22 AM)

To be fair this is only a few days after your very comprehensive thing about St. Patrick's Day. Oh also I guess that thing about the Estonian currency exchange so that's like three entire "Americans!" squawks this week.

@  Maruten : (24 March 2019 - 12:22 AM)

Not that Nitefort is any more sensible obviously.

@  Maruten : (24 March 2019 - 12:21 AM)

I tend to forget that it's called Fortnite because my 3yo calls it "Nitefort" so that's how my whole family refers to it.

@  Maruten : (24 March 2019 - 12:21 AM)

I assume the name is derived from the fact that one can build forts? But the nite part is a stretch.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (24 March 2019 - 12:17 AM)

Hence I thought it would be an amusing anecdote to share as I am not a gamer, but other pop culture-invested people here probably would be, and thus perhaps they would have different relevant experience to share.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (24 March 2019 - 12:16 AM)

In fact before now I did not feel "superior" for knowing the word "fortnight" because I was raised to believe it was a rare but standard term.

@  Copper Bezel : (23 March 2019 - 10:33 PM)

Eh, it's not a common word in the US, so ... like I sincerely hope no one's feeling superior about it but I wouldn't assume.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (23 March 2019 - 09:59 PM)

Shield Agent: What is up with your compulsion to bring up every anecdote that supports your superiority complex towards Americans?

@  wonko the sane? : (23 March 2019 - 09:22 PM)

What I don't get is: what is a game titled "two weeks" even about?

@  Trpodeca : (23 March 2019 - 09:16 PM)

What strange people

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (23 March 2019 - 09:11 PM)

Interesting. I have just been informed by several Britons and Australians that since the debut of Fortnite, they have encountered Yanks who do not believe that "fortnight" is a real word.

@  Kayla Kaon : (22 March 2019 - 09:22 PM)

https://discord.gg/jMPfJWk

@  Kayla Kaon : (22 March 2019 - 08:05 PM)

What is up sexy people! Everyone having fun tonight?

@  Rycochet : (22 March 2019 - 01:01 PM)

If they don't take it down or back off, then unfollow. At least then they'll know why people are distancing themselves.

@  Rycochet : (22 March 2019 - 12:54 PM)

Call them out because if nobody challenges them on nonsense, they'll only sink deeper into their rabbithole of stupidity.

@  Benbot : (22 March 2019 - 11:26 AM)

When someone makes a deliberately hateful and dishonest post on Facebook, do you angrily call them out on it, or just ignore or defriend them?

@  Xellos : (22 March 2019 - 11:11 AM)

Dunno, I did watch Combiner Wars...

@  TM2-Megatron : (22 March 2019 - 04:37 AM)

Also, nobody try watching last year's Stargate Origins: Catherine "webisode". My god, I've never seen anything so atrocious

@  TM2-Megatron : (22 March 2019 - 04:36 AM)

Having watched the full decade's' worth of episodes during the last 4 or so weeks, the cult leader Goa'uld was Setesh/"Seth"

@  Pennpenn : (22 March 2019 - 04:00 AM)

I missed a whole bunch of stuff in the Squawkbox. Huh. It's been a long week.

@  Pennpenn : (22 March 2019 - 03:52 AM)

That or Old Testament God with his whole nuking cities, random plagues, brutal pogroms, absurd set ups to test followers faiths, etc etc as a very not rogue Goa'uld.

@  Pennpenn : (22 March 2019 - 03:48 AM)

1) Spite. 2) I'm fairly sure at least one episode did actually have a Goa'uld who'd be hiding out on Earth since the rebellion and had been host swapping and running cults, 3) mostly yeah spiteful contrivance to see Christain groups lose their collective shit.

@  TM2-Megatron : (22 March 2019 - 02:49 AM)

If you don't take paypal, and the item isn't a local pickup (in which case Cash is acceptable), I'm pretty sure you need to have some alternative credit card processor you're able to take payment through

@  TM2-Megatron : (22 March 2019 - 02:48 AM)

Technically eBay doesn't own Paypal anymore, but even so I haven't seen an auction in years that didn't take Paypal as a form of payment.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (21 March 2019 - 11:01 PM)

I was gonna ask "aren't eBay and Paypal basically the same people" but turns out that hasn't been true for a while.

Photo
- - - - -

General Catch-All Thread For Loyal Subjects Transformers Vinyls. 12/3/14 - New 8 Inch Shockwave, New Sticker Set, New Ultra Magnus!

The Loyal Subjects Designer Vinyl Exclusive

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
50 replies to this topic

#1 Cat

Cat
  • Retired Staff
  • 11612 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 04:08 AM

EDIT 07/03/2014: Made this into a general thread for The Loyal Subjects vinyls, rather than a clutter of tiny threads all over the place. So there's important info throughout, but originally this thread was just for the Ultra Magnus repaint, which is below. There's still other info throughout the thread, updated when appropriate, by whoever.

This actually looks really nice for a deco that I think in general, most of us are sick of.

It's limited to 500, and is presumably exclusive to their online store.

They've still got stock of the Rainmakers 3pack, and the new Cybertron 2-pack (Grimlock and Soundwave repaints), plus the usual mix of various 8 inch Primes.

https://www.theloyal...re/ultra-magnus

ULTRA-MAGNUS-PACKAGING_zps31d15cdc.jpg

Edited by Cat, 11 March 2014 - 11:53 AM.

#2 lastmaximal

lastmaximal

Cyber Key Power...linx!

• Staff
  • 13997 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 05:42 AM

Personally, not sick of this color scheme and actually somewhat fond of it. (Although I can see it still being a sticking point for others.) Helps that it's been several years since it got really overused.

Edited by lastmaximal, 27 February 2014 - 05:42 AM.

SO OKAY IT'S AVERAGE
Virtually every custom as good as the title suggests!
SoOkayItsAverage.2.gif

#3 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 64193 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 06:32 AM

I'm a big fan of this scheme whenever it's used and not fused with too much.  The eyes would be better as red, but yellow is preferable to blue.

Randy

ACItEK8.png

#4 lastmaximal

lastmaximal

Cyber Key Power...linx!

• Staff
  • 13997 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 07:24 AM

I do kind of want that crest color on the faceplate too.

SO OKAY IT'S AVERAGE
Virtually every custom as good as the title suggests!
SoOkayItsAverage.2.gif

#5 Cat

Cat
  • Retired Staff
  • 11612 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:04 AM

I must say they've done a great job on this one. The deco really pops, and I look forward to adding him to my collection.

These guys do great work, and their product just oozes personality and fun.

Can't wait for series 2 (and to receive my Rainmakers set).

#6 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 64193 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:10 AM

Now that Skywarp is being made I'm going to have to get the Seekers.

As far as Ultra Magnus, MP-2 is the epitome (for me) on how white Cab Magnus figures should be colored.

Randy

ACItEK8.png

#7 Eneon

Eneon
  • Citizen
  • 6166 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:22 AM

As far as Ultra Magnus, MP-2 is the epitome (for me) on how white Cab Magnus figures should be colored.

Randy

Yeah, this guy just looks kind of weird to me.

#8 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 64193 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:23 AM

I don't think it's bad, but I prefer a teal face plate (I didn't like the colors on Classics Magnus for example).

I do really like the teal hands here though.

ACItEK8.png

#9 Cat

Cat
  • Retired Staff
  • 11612 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:31 AM

Randy

Oh I missed that. How is Skywarp getting released?

I love what I'm seeing for series 2 so far. Prowl and Mirage are just wonderful, and Jetfire should be interesting.

I just hope they've fixed the wing attachments.

http://toysrevil.blo...rmers-mini.html

Edited by Cat, 27 February 2014 - 08:32 AM.

#10 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 64193 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:36 AM

Looks like he and Dirge are the Chase figures for Wave 2 (Skywarp is 1 out of every 24 figures and Dirge 1 out of every 96 :doh).

http://www.seibertro...-gallery/29465/

Seibertron also incorrectly identifies blue Bluestreak as a purple version of Prowl.

Randy

ACItEK8.png

#11 Cat

Cat
  • Retired Staff
  • 11612 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:40 AM

Ah thanks, I'd completely missed that. While I love that the Coneheads have the arm-cannons as separate pieces, I'm glad Skywarp doesn't, so he's consistent with the others.

Ugh. I'm not looking forward to completing these then. At least with series 1, it was just unique decos, not unique characters. That's frustrating. The prices on the series 1 chases were quite reasonable as they were unique decos that didn't really correspond with known looks. I'm dreading the cost of the series 2 chases. Look how ridiculously expensive the MyClone chases were and still are. Although admittedly, I don't know how popular these figures are overall, but they're obviously doing okay considering the amount of unique pieces we see.

I'm also now seeing Ultra Magnus' darker blue glass reflections as chest hair. Cannot. Unsee.

Edited by Cat, 28 February 2014 - 02:08 AM.

#12 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 64193 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:55 AM

More PIcs of Wave 2.

Supposedly there have been improvements.

http://www.seibertro...s-wave-2/29576/

ACItEK8.png

#13 Cat

Cat
  • Retired Staff
  • 11612 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:04 AM

There were really two main complaints about series 1: that it was too difficult to get the weapons in their hands, and often resulted in paint rub or a broken weapon, and the second, which I think I've already mentioned a million times: the damn wing-pegs. Too small, too brittle, too breaky.

They obviously know about the latter, seeing they even mention it as a warning for the Rainmakers set, so it seems promising that it's been fixed for this wave. Better late than never.

As usual, they all look great. It's a bit odd seeing some Autobots now getting yellow eyes instead of all being blue, but both look good anyway.

I'm still dreading getting the chases, as I'm expecting to be forking out bigtime for them, now that they're different characters.

Skywarp looks a bit odd without the grey face like his compatriots. I wonder why they went in that direction with him?

#14 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 64193 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:17 AM

Maybe to make them the same? 

Who knows, it might change by May when they're released.

Also as a Skywarp completionist, I'm going to need two of him, which is going to get expensive.

Mirage with yellow eyes makes sense considering he looks like the toy.  Sideswipe not as much.

Randy

ACItEK8.png

#15 Cat

Cat
  • Retired Staff
  • 11612 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:55 PM

But that's the thing. Despite them now having actual arm cannons, whereas the series 1 seekers just have a tampo there representing them, they're doing Skywarp with the painted ones still, thus making him match all the other Seekers made using the 'traditional' Seeker sculpt.

But at the same time, Skywarp will stand out from the other 6 Seekers we've got from said sculpt because while the other 6 have a grey face, Skywarp doesn't. It just seems odd to me. I'll still buy one (thanks in advance to people like Randy driving up the price on the chases :p ) as, like everyone else, I want a complete set. It just seems odd, and IMO doesn't look quite right. It'll be interesting to see the final production version.

Edited by Cat, 04 March 2014 - 12:56 PM.

#16 Cat

Cat
  • Retired Staff
  • 11612 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:53 AM

BBTS has wave 2 up for pre-order.

So far it's just full cases of 16 figures ($208), or random singles for $13.

Note that wave 1 cases are currently listed as $157, and while list price is noted as being $208, I don't remember them ever actually costing that.

It also means you're still paying the full $13 per figure, and not saving anything by buying a case at the moment. I'd advise people to wait, or look elsewhere for now, as surely there'll be better deals out there than this.

And with the larger number of figures, a case no longer offers two full sets in some cases. And a case still doesn't guarantee you ANY of the chase figures, so it's still a heck of a gamble.

#17 Cat

Cat
  • Retired Staff
  • 11612 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:23 AM

So, this is a bit disappointing, and....strange.

Before that, though, let's cover the other stuff. It seems the bodies have had more of a redesign than we thought. It seems that some of the cut joints, like at least the shoulders, are now ball-joints. I don't really think that was necessary, but it's not really a big deal anyway.

They're also now listed as having 8 points of articulation, not 7. It seems the heads now have greater movement, which I think might be the extra joint?

As we know already, the wave 2 Optimus has a sound chip inside him. Okay, cool. Nice way to separate him from the wave 1 version, and any of the repaints. BUT the battery is NOT accessible. So it can't be changed, or even taken out for long-term storage. The battery life is 2 hours, which equates to roughly 400 uses.

I enjoy the little stories they come up with. Here's the general blurb for series 2: ''The War rages on.  Cybertron is plagued by Civil War and the complete dilution of resources consumed by its inhabitants.  With plans to invade Earth, the Autobots must stop Megatron and his insurgence from taking Earth's resources for their own.  With help from the Dinobots, Optimus pushes back Shockwave and his forces, including Ramjet and the Insecticon known as Shrapnel.  While the Dinobots are continuously annoyed with Optimus Prime, their greater disdain for the Decepticons keeps them of somewhat neutral threat to Optimus and his cadre, including Prowl, Mirage and Sideswipe.''

Release date is late May/June. Pre-orders are up at a few places already, though BBTS is only listing full cases and random singles at the moment. The Loyal Subjects store itself is offering bundles that actually work out cheaper.

#18 Cat

Cat
  • Retired Staff
  • 11612 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:49 AM

Aaaaaaand there's another new product at their online store!

It's pretty neat, actually, and cheap, at only $5 per set.

it's a set of 6 stickers. It contains some characters we haven't seen yet as figures, so could this be a hint for wave 3?

Either way, it's pretty neat, and how can you go wrong for 5 bucks?

STICKER-PACK-sheet-TF_zpsbf1f6c46.jpg

#19 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 64193 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:57 AM

Those are pretty cool.

ACItEK8.png

#20 Cat

Cat
  • Retired Staff
  • 11612 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:13 AM

Ha. Just realised the name they're using for Trailwhatever.

Surprised they weren't asked to change it to Trailcutter. For 'brand consistency'.

Edited by Cat, 06 March 2014 - 11:14 AM.