Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  PlutoniumBoss : (14 December 2019 - 03:27 AM)

Wouldn't that just add packaging authenticity? :D

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (14 December 2019 - 01:44 AM)

I read a anecdote of someone recently receiving a Glacialord with mold because apparently online stores' warehouses have been sitting on Fansproject products like that for years.

@  Rycochet : (13 December 2019 - 11:56 AM)

Unlike many of his peers, Morton diesn't seem to have gone out of his way to try and take every drug going so he's aged remarkably well.

@  Donocropolis : (13 December 2019 - 11:39 AM)

Doesn't seem to have been a market for it, which is too bad, because it perfectly does what it sets out to do.

@  Donocropolis : (13 December 2019 - 11:38 AM)

Just opened it and suddenly I'm 9 years old again.

@  Donocropolis : (13 December 2019 - 11:38 AM)

Bought myself Fansproject Glacialord for my birthday during their Black Friday sale.

@  Nevermore : (12 December 2019 - 07:45 PM)

Morten Harket of A-ha might have aged 35 years on the outside, but his voice is still pretty much the same as it was in 1984. That's some great training and exercise for you.

@  wonko the sane? : (12 December 2019 - 06:59 PM)

Depends entirely on how badly you cooked them. What?

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 December 2019 - 05:33 PM)

Can it raise the dead?

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:33 PM)

Cheddar can do just about anything.

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:32 PM)

Cream cheese has to be on a bagel or crackers.

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:31 PM)

(for example: I like Swiss cheese on sandwiches, but find it merely tolerable by itself)

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:30 PM)

I mean are you eating it by itself? With crackers? On a sandwich?

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 December 2019 - 04:48 PM)

I would ask, but I'd rather not know.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (12 December 2019 - 03:38 PM)

With my mouth, usually.

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 08:48 AM)

Depends on how you're eating it.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (12 December 2019 - 01:40 AM)

Havarti, without a doubt.

@  Greebtron : (12 December 2019 - 01:28 AM)

Not Don, thanks. I'd like a writer who actually cares enough to do the job properly

@  Benbot : (11 December 2019 - 09:34 PM)

What's your favorite cheese? I'm not sure, but it's hard to beat muenster.

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 December 2019 - 05:10 PM)

Man I wish IDW could do a season 2.5 with a few writers like Michael Charles Hill or Donald F Glut or Paul Davids involved.

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 December 2019 - 04:33 PM)

They were looking for Skids, but the animators forgot he existed again.

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 December 2019 - 02:58 PM)

He regrouped with Omega Supreme, the Dinobots, Skyfire and the Protectobots.

@  Benbot : (11 December 2019 - 08:20 AM)

Did he get infected with the rest of the Autobots or did he smartly remain off-planet?

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 December 2019 - 05:38 AM)

He really just went to the beach for a couple of days, then called it in. Who's gonna follow up on it?

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 December 2019 - 05:05 AM)

Anyone really believe Cosmos searched far enough for more ingredient for Corrostop?

@  Nevermore : (11 December 2019 - 03:48 AM)

Oh, we are pretty good at "forgetting" about that. Insisting on sending people home on their overtime, THEN suddenly rushing to do the "backlog" stuff when it's really overdue.

@  wonko the sane? : (10 December 2019 - 05:43 PM)

I've yet to find an organization which didn't have a backlog of "stuff" that needs to be done, but isn't important enough to put on the schedule proper.

@  TM2-Megatron : (10 December 2019 - 05:01 PM)

I'm sure most good/bad (depending on your POV) bosses would be able to find something for the worker to do, in most cases, even if it's spending 8 hours pretending to push a broom around

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (10 December 2019 - 04:39 PM)

Still better than American jobs. x.x;

@  NotVeryKnightly : (10 December 2019 - 11:10 AM)

I'm pretty sure you've already mentioned this before. Especially that last one.

@  Nevermore : (10 December 2019 - 11:05 AM)

That can be fun if you're strong-willed enough. "Hey, you want to go home? Overtime reduction, there's nothing to do..." - "Nah, not today. I want to work."

@  Nevermore : (10 December 2019 - 11:04 AM)

This applies to the field of work as well. Meaning, your boss orders you to show up for a full shift, you show up on time and are absolutely willing to work, and then your boss realizes he has no work for you, your boss has to pay you for a full shift even if you don't work at all.

@  Nevermore : (10 December 2019 - 11:03 AM)

Fun fact: German law has a concept named "default in acceptance", which postulates that if there is a "service for payment" contract, the party that should provide the service correctly offers their due service, and the party that should pay fails to accept the service within due time, the second party still has to pay the first party even if there was no service delivered.

@  wonko the sane? : (08 December 2019 - 10:54 PM)

If it's seasonal affective disorder, check with your doc about vitamin D supplements.

@  Maximus Ambus : (08 December 2019 - 12:46 PM)

That's what I was thinking too, It's the christmas rush and if that's not stressful enough the cold weather can also impact mental health.

@  wonko the sane? : (08 December 2019 - 12:41 PM)

Might be a stupid question given the comment, BUT: have you done anything outside the ordinary lately? Might just be a stress reaction.

@  Maximus Ambus : (08 December 2019 - 12:29 PM)

I've experienced sleep paralysis with ghostly images and similar things in the past and can snap out of it through moving my fingers. I've definitely hallucinated before and members of both sides of the family have had similar experience, some suffered forms of mental instability in two cases schizophrenia.

@  wonko the sane? : (08 December 2019 - 10:47 AM)

So... either a hallucination or night terrors. Are you prone to this kind of thing?

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 December 2019 - 11:55 PM)

It kept repeating until I sat up.

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 December 2019 - 11:54 PM)

I've been up since three and when sheepish I was hallucinating something knocking twice against my bedroom door.

@  TheMightyMol... : (07 December 2019 - 06:58 PM)

Then repaint Apeface and Snapdragon as Transmetal Optimus Primal and Megatron. It's crazy enough to work.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (07 December 2019 - 05:32 PM)

Moral imperative.

@  Nevermore : (07 December 2019 - 05:13 PM)

Wishful thinking, rumor or leak?

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 December 2019 - 04:48 PM)

Snapdragon for Earthrise.

@  TM2-Megatron : (04 December 2019 - 10:22 PM)

Still not the weirdest thing a Nic Cage character has done in a film

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 December 2019 - 04:00 PM)

Couldn't be worse than him pissing fire as Ghost Rider.

@  Rycochet : (04 December 2019 - 03:38 PM)

The Tim Burton Superman Movie is the DC movie we deserve. It would have Nic Cage in a technosuit punching polarbears.

@  Paladin : (04 December 2019 - 02:59 PM)

Wonder Woman was great. Shazam was amazing. Aquaman... exists.

@  RichardT1977 : (04 December 2019 - 01:54 PM)

TBF, Aquaman and Shazam! were pretty good.

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 December 2019 - 01:00 PM)

Not a difficult feat.

Photo

Sonic the Hedgehog thread- Sonic Boom and other Sonic matters you can shake a PINGAS at!

1861 replies to this topic

#1821 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36511 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 12 November 2019 - 10:43 AM

The movie still looks lousy, but that redesign is definitely more like how Sonic should have looked in the first place. 

Jim Carrey, meanwhile, continues to seem like the only decent part of this, being actually funny in this trailer.

Though, we now know that this movie is going for the same "Sonic is an alien from another planet" angle that Sonic X went with, which I am okay with, but I would rather that his method of arriving on Earth was a little more like it was in that show (as in, via a Chaos Control accident), rather than what this trailer seems to suggest is "Sonic runs so fast that he opens a portal from his world to ours," which doesn't I'm not a fan of if true.

Has Sonic ever even done something like that in any of the games? As in, running so fast that his speed generated a portal to open up in front of him and which he could jump through to get to a new location, instead of him simply running to get to said new location?

No, if you look closely he's using Rings as portals. Giant rings warping you to other places? Yeah, thats very much part of Sonic lore/gameplay.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#1822 Daith

Daith

My Nyah brings all the girls to the yard

• Supporter
  • 9197 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 12 November 2019 - 10:48 AM

Robotnik was used instead of Eggman! Further good will has been earned.

Switch code: SW-6538-7795-1972

#1823 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 29139 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 11:07 AM

No, if you look closely he's using Rings as portals. Giant rings warping you to other places? Yeah, thats very much part of Sonic lore/gameplay.

Good eye. But, while giant rings have been used to bring him to other zones and levels, have they ever been used to bring him to entirely different planets?

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#1824 Rhinox

Rhinox

Yeah, I'm kind of pissy.

• Supporter
  • 14178 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 11:39 AM

Sonic looks better.  Jim Carrey continues to look like he's having fun at the expense of others.  Yeah, I'll see this eventually.

"Why does history repeat itself? Because God doesn't have TiVo."

Wounds of honor are always self inflicted.

#1825 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

I like coffee!

• Staff
  • 39328 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 11:52 AM

A corporation listened.

B5ofTKU.jpg

#1826 Confuzor

Confuzor

They put em in Smash Bros!!!!

• Supporter
  • 8042 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 12:13 PM

Good eye. But, while giant rings have been used to bring him to other zones and levels, have they ever been used to bring him to entirely different planets?

The Special Zones in Sonic 1 and 2 are probably what they are referencing there.

Also Sonic has run so hard he broke through Time.

I agree that this is massive steps in the right direction, but the movie will still be an overall embarrassing mess. This trailer hits a better tone than the previous one did. Who ever thought Gangsta's Paradise was a good fit???

#1827 Blot

Blot

Grumble grumble complain grouse.

• Citizen
  • 8275 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 12 November 2019 - 12:21 PM

#1828 Chromedome113

Chromedome113
  • Citizen
  • 227 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 12 November 2019 - 02:15 PM

https://twitter.com/...331183351357440

Fan speculation was right, Tyson Hesse of Nipples the Enchilada, Mania adventures and Mega Drive had a part in the new redesign.

Edited by Chromedome113, 12 November 2019 - 02:17 PM.

#1829 ultra magnus13

ultra magnus13

Razzaroo

• Citizen
  • 6740 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 02:25 PM

I don't think I can realistically imagine a live action sonic movie that I would be excited about. This looks about as decent as I could hope for.
I finally got rid of that big white box.

#1830 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

I like coffee!

• Staff
  • 39328 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 02:38 PM

This was a bad idea heading for obvious disaster but they are trying so hard to save it that I'm rooting for it now.

B5ofTKU.jpg

#1831 The Doctor Who

The Doctor Who

Mummy...?

• Supporter
  • 18266 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 03:54 PM

That's about where I'm at with it.

They're clearly running some serious damage control and trying to drag something approaching enjoyable out of the raging dumpster fire.

Action looks good, Sonic's characterization seems spot on, and the tone is much better.

It remains to be seen how much of the action the trailer actually represents, but I'm slightly more optimistic about this now.

nzo8WYb.png

#1832 Superomegaprime

Superomegaprime
  • Citizen
  • 3611 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 04:05 PM

Not that I'm aware of but then many of the zones in Sonic games tend to look like they are on different planets or whatever, thou through the use of tech Sonic in the old UK comics was able to travel to a micro universe on the hunt for Robotnik after some major event but then in the comic Sonic and Super Sonic get seperated and Super Sonic was more like Brolly from Dragonball with no real control over his power or the Hulk, in other words extremely dangerous with power capable of destorying the planet. The only question remaining is, how does Sonic get fifty rings to create the big ring portal?

Generally at the moment, the people behind this movie are making the right noises and pretty much earning people's respect, the film might not be a total disaster, it might be just a fun movie to watch and get a chuckle out of then it might approch the bar of video game characters in live action movies but then the bar is set pretty low, much like adaptions of animes or manga properties in the west. The people behind this movie can at least say they tried to do justice to Sonic and his legacy, then again the original desgin could of simply been a massive PR stunt to get whoever green lighted the original desgin to change and let them actually produce a desent movie, but then again I doult we'll ever know the full truth unless its on the home media release.

36428543702_ff3b1fc457_m.jpg

#1833 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7302 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 12 November 2019 - 06:21 PM

Good on them.

Assuming this was actually in response to the backlash and not the secret original version designed to please fans after the release of the evil "fake Sonic to make people angry so we can win them over by fixing it in an unrealistic timeframe" thing that some conspiracy theorists would like to imagine. 

WsuGTl1.jpg

#1834 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

I like coffee!

• Staff
  • 39328 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 06:43 PM

#1 on trending with 7 million views. So far this seems to be a successful marketing relaunch.

The design does still bother me. Live action Sonic is just not a good idea. But they did good. This might be in "crazy enough to work" territory now.

B5ofTKU.jpg

#1835 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 29139 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 11:49 PM

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#1836 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

I like coffee!

• Staff
  • 39328 posts

Posted 13 November 2019 - 12:12 AM

Still #1 on trending with 10 million views, and the new #2 on trending is a video comparing the designs. Sonic won today. It feels weird.

I'm not buying the conspiracy theory that this was a bizarre marketing stunt that worked. You can see the old design reflected in Robotnik's goggles. It was definitely meant to be in the movie and has been hurriedly but not completely replaced.

B5ofTKU.jpg

#1837 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 28752 posts

Posted 13 November 2019 - 12:55 AM

I'm really happy they changed the design, new one is much better.

BUT

This is a damage control trailer. This is still the same crappy movie from the first trailer and leaks and it baffles me fans are now acting like its the perfect Sonic movie. They just went cap in hand to Sega, asked whar fans would want to see and made that the trailer. The fact the movie was shunted to February where movies go to die doesn't help. At best they're hoping for sales from families who want to see a movie the weekend everything else will be romcoms.

#1838 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

I like coffee!

• Staff
  • 39328 posts

Posted 13 November 2019 - 01:44 AM

Sure, this is a damage control trailer assembled from things they thought fans would want to see. Those things are apparently in the movie. I'm not even mad.

The thing is that a lot of the things that would normally make this sort of movie a crappy movie are familiar Sonic tropes. It may still be a crappy movie and a bad idea but it doesn't feel wrong. That first design was deeply wrong. That wrongness has been vanquished and now the rest of it can now be judged on its merits without that stink hovering over it.

It kinda looks okay.

B5ofTKU.jpg

#1839 Tm_Silverclaw

Tm_Silverclaw
  • Citizen
  • 11077 posts

Posted 13 November 2019 - 01:18 PM

The thing is... Why bother?

I'm sorry.. but this is a case of why bother. The movie is a financial disaster now. It will not, cannot make it's money back. After all, all the old merchandising had to be thrown out, all the toys and such. Even if it becomes a blockbuster, it's still going to be a financial flop and that alone would almost guarantee no studio would green light a sequel.

Honestly the best bet would probably to release it as it was, let it flop, then release a new movie with the new design and draw people in there.

#1840 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

I like coffee!

• Staff
  • 39328 posts

Posted 13 November 2019 - 09:01 PM

I doubt they spent as much as you think. The whole reason this stupid movie formula refuses to go away is that it's cheap to film a bunch of scenes of nothing happening and then add a little CGI creature later. The budget at this point might still be under control.

There would have been no second chance if they released this as it was. It was too embarrassing. Now they might have overspent it into being unprofitable but at least they kept their dignity.

B5ofTKU.jpg

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users