Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Rycochet : (17 January 2020 - 06:15 PM)

I both love and hate that the Alien franchise seems to have had more luck finding a niche as a line of children's toys than it has at producing worthwhile films.

@  Donocropolis : (17 January 2020 - 06:35 AM)

I've seen them on the shelves at Walmart. They're pretty great looking retro Aliens toys. https://www.walmart....-Vary/934039489

@  fourteenwings : (17 January 2020 - 01:11 AM)

IIRC somebody on here mentioned an unbranded Alien toy a couple of weeks ago? It seems like it was actually part of a collection for the Alien movie series by Lanard. Mattel's making some stuff too.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (16 January 2020 - 03:12 PM)

Is it really a worse name than say, HMS Spanker?

@  Maximus Ambus : (16 January 2020 - 02:36 PM)

'Boaty McBoatface' was a actual thing?! Wow.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (14 January 2020 - 02:00 PM)

Might be worth bringing back this thread.

@  ThunderWear : (14 January 2020 - 01:53 PM)

Of course I had the idea to download all the pdfs like a week too late. Anyone got an archive?

@  Steevy Maximus : (14 January 2020 - 12:48 PM)

The Collector Club is dead. Seems like it all came down shortly after New Year

@  ThunderWear : (13 January 2020 - 11:06 PM)

I can't get to the collector club website. anyone else? I was literally going to download all the fiction to finish reading.

@  Maximus Ambus : (13 January 2020 - 04:50 AM)

News today is all 'there's a CHANCE it would snow in July' and 'dogs COULD bite back'.

@  Benbot : (12 January 2020 - 10:05 PM)

Holy crap, do many people get hurt by them?

@  wonko the sane? : (12 January 2020 - 02:11 PM)

Even in fallout, they never carpet bombed with nukes.

@  Maximus Ambus : (12 January 2020 - 12:43 PM)

I hope the stockpiled nuclear weapons of the US and Russia are accounted for then.

@  Nevermore : (12 January 2020 - 12:22 PM)

Geez. 1760 (!) bombs from World War II that had not detonated and were still armed have been found. That's only the numbers for the federal state of Germany I live in, and only for the first three quarters of 2019. For all of 2018, the total number was 2811 (!!) bombs.

@  CVReynolds : (11 January 2020 - 11:05 PM)

I've been wanting a Tarantulas that turns into a more realistic tarantula for a long time. Maybe Takara will someday do a Masterpiece, which would be neat. But I really want to see a modernized look like in the IDW comics.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (11 January 2020 - 09:43 PM)

We need more Waspinators.. and rattraps.

@  Ashley : (11 January 2020 - 07:09 PM)

I'm on board with that

@  Dekafox : (11 January 2020 - 06:17 PM)

What I'm hearing is we need Cyberverse Waspinator

@  NotVeryKnightly : (10 January 2020 - 01:27 AM)

He's appeared across more branding changes than Waspinator, so maybe it's more the other way around.

@  Ashley : (10 January 2020 - 12:01 AM)

is C3PO the Waspinator of Star Wars? he'll live forever, because it's funny for him to suffer

@  Sabrblade : (09 January 2020 - 11:52 PM)

He's still waiting for them to be funny.

@  ▲ndrusi : (09 January 2020 - 10:35 PM)

Why?

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 January 2020 - 04:02 PM)

I've been watching South Park, Family Guy and The Simpsons with a straight face for a decade now.

@  wonko the sane? : (09 January 2020 - 03:18 PM)

If that's what it takes to get you to take the medication, sure.

@  Bass X0 : (09 January 2020 - 01:52 PM)

If I go crazy, will you still call me Superman?

@  fourteenwings : (09 January 2020 - 11:37 AM)

I mean, it is easier to protect HDDs, and you can retransfer the data over and over forever?

@  NotVeryKnightly : (09 January 2020 - 10:45 AM)

Not in this comparison. He's making his own files, so they're (presumably) not restricted by DRM, so he can copy them as many times as he wants. It's potentially more reliable in the long term than hoping the specific copies you originally bought never accrue any damage for the rest of your life.

@  Echowarrior : (09 January 2020 - 10:44 AM)

I prefer physical copies too. Easier to protect something physical and tangible.

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 January 2020 - 09:55 AM)

I prefer having physical copies.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (09 January 2020 - 08:56 AM)

I have plenty of physical media I turn into digital media for my plex server. Just finished ripping Ultra Seven

@  fourteenwings : (09 January 2020 - 08:50 AM)

Isn't the general consensus that we're supposed to be over physical media anyways?

@  Paladin : (09 January 2020 - 08:17 AM)

i still don't own a Blu-Ray player.

@  TheMightyMol... : (09 January 2020 - 07:35 AM)

My current TV works just fine. I don't see a need to upgrade. And by the time I do, the Next Big Thing will probably be out anyway.

@  Benbot : (09 January 2020 - 03:58 AM)

Me neither. I'm no rebel, though. I'm just poor.

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 January 2020 - 03:38 AM)

I haven't gone 4K yet, I'm a rebel.

@  Ashley : (07 January 2020 - 11:50 PM)

the comic theme is amazing

@  Bass X0 : (07 January 2020 - 03:18 PM)

Sounds like Victor Caroli but I’m not sure.

@  Bass X0 : (07 January 2020 - 02:35 PM)

Should I recognise the narrator of the Mutant Hunt trailer?

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 January 2020 - 04:30 AM)

I got me Titans Return Blaster, now watch them unveil Earthrise Blaster and Generations Perceptor, a retool of Titans Blaster.

@  ThunderWear : (06 January 2020 - 10:22 PM)

I recently switched to to the comic theme here at the Allspark and I'm so happy I just want to look at it.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (06 January 2020 - 08:12 AM)

Can you not take so many lines to say anything?

@  fourteenwings : (06 January 2020 - 07:47 AM)

Iunno, maybe people having unique pronunciations of things re:how they understand language makes the world a more colourful place, rather than one where we correct every seemingly grievous error?

@  Nevermore : (06 January 2020 - 06:12 AM)

Others insist on "Michael Yackson".

@  Nevermore : (06 January 2020 - 06:01 AM)

Because the very combination of those sounds is unknown to them, and thus they avoid it as if it were contagious.

@  Nevermore : (06 January 2020 - 06:00 AM)

For example, the English "J" sound consists of sounds that exist in German: Basically, it's just a "d" sound followed by a very soft "sh". Yet there are many Germans who insist on calling the late King of Pop "Michael Checkson".

@  Nevermore : (06 January 2020 - 05:58 AM)

I'm talking about names that should pe easily pronouncable if you just bothered to pay attention to how it's done correctly instead of insisting on "I speak X language and this is how I prounounce it!"

@  Nevermore : (06 January 2020 - 05:57 AM)

I'm not even talking about foreign names that have sounds that don't exist in the speaker's language.

@  Nevermore : (06 January 2020 - 05:56 AM)

Something that really irks me is when people are persistently ignorant about the correct pronunciation of foreign names, especially when it's people they either admire or frequently interact with on a daily basis.

@  Agamus : (05 January 2020 - 09:22 PM)

wait this isn't the search bar

@  Agamus : (05 January 2020 - 09:22 PM)

hard-to-find-media

Photo

Sonic the Hedgehog thread- Sonic Boom and other Sonic matters you can shake a PINGAS at!

1865 replies to this topic

#1801 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7347 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 29 May 2019 - 05:10 AM

This isn't perfect but I'd take it.

WsuGTl1.jpg

#1802 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 29278 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 29 May 2019 - 07:33 AM

In that design, it's mostly just his eyes being cross-eyed the whole time.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#1803 The Doctor Who

The Doctor Who

Mummy...?

• Supporter
  • 18278 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 19 June 2019 - 12:20 AM

So YouTuber that I follow, Raocow, has been doing a complete playthrough of all the Sonic games in chronological order.  He's just now getting to Sonic 2 on the Genesis and I suddenly realized something.

With Toot Toot Sonic Warrior showing up in the Master System Sonic 2 (which actually came out before Sonic 2 on the Genesis), Sega must have had three completely separate versions of Sonic 2 in progress at the same time.  Sonic CD (which I believe was originally going to be Sonic 2 CD), Sonic 2 on the Master System/Game Gear and Sonic 2 on the Genesis.

This... kinda boggles the mind and makes it clear that Sega was always a mess.

Edited by The Doctor Who, 19 June 2019 - 12:20 AM.

nzo8WYb.png

#1804 LBD "Nytetrayn"

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Quyzbuk

• Supporter
  • 18721 posts

Posted 23 June 2019 - 09:00 PM

That doesn't really seem fair or like a mess to me, honestly. We got at least two really good games out of it.

Also: Happy Birthday, Sonic!

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

Edited by LBD "Nytetrayn", 23 June 2019 - 09:01 PM.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gif0g9jaoG.gifuWt4fLV.gif

#1805 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 39220 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 01:56 PM

So YouTuber that I follow, Raocow, has been doing a complete playthrough of all the Sonic games in chronological order.  He's just now getting to Sonic 2 on the Genesis and I suddenly realized something.

With Toot Toot Sonic Warrior showing up in the Master System Sonic 2 (which actually came out before Sonic 2 on the Genesis), Sega must have had three completely separate versions of Sonic 2 in progress at the same time.  Sonic CD (which I believe was originally going to be Sonic 2 CD), Sonic 2 on the Master System/Game Gear and Sonic 2 on the Genesis.

This... kinda boggles the mind and makes it clear that Sega was always a mess.

That wasn't actually particularly odd for the time.  Sonic CD and Sonic 2 probably would have stayed pretty similar if Yuji Naka had stayed in Japan for Sonic 2 development instead of California.  The GG and MS games were always subcontracted out, like Sims handling GG Gunstar Heroes for Treasure.  Sonic CD's the only real outlier, but everything dealing with the Sega CD has always been... weird.

Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#1806 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 28838 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 02:52 PM

#1807 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 28838 posts

Posted 19 July 2019 - 01:58 PM

#1808 Confuzor

Confuzor

They put em in Smash Bros!!!!

• Supporter
  • 8088 posts

Posted 19 July 2019 - 05:19 PM

Ok Ko's homages are such a lovely hodgepodge of references!

#1809 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 8811 posts

Posted 19 July 2019 - 05:37 PM

Did NOT expect that crossover at all, haha

Edited by Fero McPigletron, 19 July 2019 - 05:40 PM.

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

#1810 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36540 posts

Posted 19 July 2019 - 06:43 PM

I adore that they put in the Adventures'  theme.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#1811 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 29278 posts

Posted 21 July 2019 - 08:38 AM

Which is really just a piece of that one classical music tune you hear in so many places. :p

I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#1812 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 8811 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 02:02 AM

Way better than I thought! Even just the chase scene. I didn't get all the Adventures of Sonic references but some stuff I got.

Was that a Megaman X Light capsule though?

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

#1813 LBD "Nytetrayn"

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Quyzbuk

• Supporter
  • 18721 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 08:14 PM

Sure looked like it.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

#1814 spikeriley

spikeriley

Time To Go Turbo!

• Citizen
  • 3627 posts

Posted 01 September 2019 - 11:54 PM

So, now Hasbro announces a Sonic edition of Monopoly Gamer.

Nice, but where are the booster characters?

#1815 Paladin

Paladin

Have Zord, Will Travel

• Citizen
  • 12687 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 07:40 AM

i mean, this still looks like shit but I guess Sonic is now a more familiar flavor of shit. so... progress???

Stuff for sale; every little bit helps. :) https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/143212-for-sale-3p-mp-potp-super-sentai-stuff TWITTER: Paladin4221

#1816 LBD "Nytetrayn"

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Quyzbuk

• Supporter
  • 18721 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 07:45 AM

Thaaaaaaaaaat's more like it.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

#1817 Superomegaprime

Superomegaprime
  • Citizen
  • 3676 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 07:49 AM

I might go and see this movie now, they got Sonic's desgin sorted just right thou I just don't understand how it could of gone so horrorbly wrong in the first place. The people behind this movie have certainly earned some respect by delaying the movie and fixing Sonic's desgin instead of doubling down and carrying on like it didn't matter, so this film is likely to turn a desent profit.

36428543702_ff3b1fc457_m.jpg

#1818 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Staff
  • 39193 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 12 November 2019 - 09:28 AM

Honestly, I didn't mind the first design, and I don't mind this one either. I will still get the movie when it comes out on home media.

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#1819 Benbot

Benbot

What a nerd

• Supporter
  • 5522 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 10:24 AM

He only runs...

#1820 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 29278 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 10:36 AM

The movie still looks lousy, but that redesign is definitely more like how Sonic should have looked in the first place. 

Jim Carrey, meanwhile, continues to seem like the only decent part of this, being actually funny in this trailer.

Though, we now know that this movie is going for the same "Sonic is an alien from another planet" angle that Sonic X went with, which I am okay with, but I would rather that his method of arriving on Earth was a little more like it was in that show (as in, via a Chaos Control accident), rather than what this trailer seems to suggest is "Sonic runs so fast that he opens a portal from his world to ours," which doesn't I'm not a fan of if true.

Has Sonic ever even done something like that in any of the games? As in, running so fast that his speed generated a portal to open up in front of him and which he could jump through to get to a new location, instead of him simply running to get to said new location?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users