The Shadow/Amy thing is slightly less canon, but give me a couple hours to dub over Sonic 2006 footage with TeamFourStar dialog and it'll totally seem more legit. ^_^
Yeah, it's not even close to being canon. Just gonna leave that there.
Well.... Depends on what you mean by "close".
1. We know Silver is from the future, so he must be the offspring of characters who exist right now.
2. We know that he is a pure-blooded hedgehog(Even assuming anything else is even possible), so he must be the offspring of both a male and female hedgehog. To date, Amy is the only female hedgehog featured in the games and thus, currently the most likely candidate to be Silver's maternal ancestor.
3. We know that he can use chaos control, an ability demonstrated to the most powerful degree by Shadow. Many of Silver's telekentic shockwave abilities are reminiscient of Shadow's Chaos blast.
4. And oh yeah, in the post-apocalyptic timeline where Silver is from, Sonic died and caused Iblis to be released many years before Silver was born. He cannot be Silver's paternal ancestor, even in the new timeline where Iblis never existed.
5. Inversely, we have direct confirmation that Shadow is still alive in Silver's post-apocalyptic timeline and was sealed many years after Iblis was released. As the only male hedgehog in the game series to date other than Sonic, he is thus currently the most likely candidate to be Silver's paternal ancestor.
Like I said, depends on what you mean by "close". But I don't know what else I'm supposed to see when I connect all those dots.
Edited by ZeroX, 07 February 2014 - 09:55 PM.