Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Donocropolis : (31 March 2020 - 05:45 AM)

Who, I might add, has never been photographed together with Byteman. Just sayin'.

@  Sabrblade : (30 March 2020 - 10:27 PM)

Bruce Wayne's cyberpunk cousin?

@  PlutoniumBoss : (30 March 2020 - 09:27 PM)

Laser Wayne

@  Sabrblade : (30 March 2020 - 09:08 PM)

Luther Unum

@  PlutoniumBoss : (30 March 2020 - 07:09 PM)

Or Lee Derwon.

@  Steevy Maximus : (30 March 2020 - 06:51 PM)

Not to be confused with Leader I

@  Steevy Maximus : (30 March 2020 - 06:50 PM)

He was Leader Uno

@  Steevy Maximus : (30 March 2020 - 06:50 PM)

He was the OTHER Leader 1

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 March 2020 - 06:29 PM)

Or Sideways.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (30 March 2020 - 05:26 PM)

On the other hand, this is Armada we're talking about. It could have actually been Metroplex.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (28 March 2020 - 11:08 PM)

Oh yeah, that was Fort Max. My bad.

@  LBD "Nyt... : (28 March 2020 - 09:12 PM)

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Peritus_Maximus

@  LBD "Nyt... : (28 March 2020 - 09:11 PM)

Christmas Maximus?

@  Maximus Ambus : (28 March 2020 - 01:13 PM)

At least the ozone layer is healing. unless this is a 0.0000000001% thing it's sounds like good news.

@  ▲ndrusi : (28 March 2020 - 09:27 AM)

(But only pretty sure, not 100% sure.)

@  ▲ndrusi : (28 March 2020 - 09:26 AM)

Pretty sure y'all were thinking of Fortress Maximus yesterday.

@  Bass X0 : (28 March 2020 - 12:38 AM)

Dare! Dare to believe you can survive 2020!

@  Steevy Maximus : (27 March 2020 - 08:18 PM)

Baja Blast is back at retail!

@  TheMightyMol... : (27 March 2020 - 03:47 PM)

Shame he wasn't around more. He seemed like such a jolly, happy soul.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (27 March 2020 - 02:16 PM)

No, he was definitely Metroplex. You could tell because he was in Metroplex's distinctive red and green coloration.

@  Paladin : (27 March 2020 - 02:11 PM)

that was Leader-1. or possibly Jolt. maybe Grindor...

@  PlutoniumBoss : (27 March 2020 - 01:57 PM)

Metroplex was in Armada, in a flashback. He was the same size as everybody else. I thought that was the joke.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (27 March 2020 - 12:39 PM)

@Rodimus Supreme: Gah! You are right! How'd I get that mixed up? x.x;

@  TheMightyMol... : (27 March 2020 - 12:14 PM)

There is no Metroplex. Only Zuul.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (27 March 2020 - 11:13 AM)

@Tm_Silverclaw: There is no Armada Metroplex, he was in Cybertron.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (27 March 2020 - 11:12 AM)

And they'd be better off just retooling Metroplex and Fortress Maximus to be somewhat more accurate and changing/adding parts for interaction with later play gimmicks.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (27 March 2020 - 11:11 AM)

I honestly would prefer that for scale purposes.

@  Cyoti : (27 March 2020 - 11:07 AM)

They can redo all the CW combiners as Titan Class figures like Predaking/Devastator.

@  Dekafox : (27 March 2020 - 07:52 AM)

They could just redo Metroplex again too. Especially if it's going to be S3 based. They could also do another Primus to go with the coming Unicron.

@  OverDrive73 : (26 March 2020 - 10:56 PM)

If anyone is bored, or interested... I just added the last chapter to my fanfic comic in Allspark Pictures

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (26 March 2020 - 10:54 PM)

And no.. We could always get Titan Class Superion.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (26 March 2020 - 10:53 PM)

We need Titan Class Transformers Armada Metroplex.

@  Telly : (26 March 2020 - 08:39 PM)

ill be surprised if scorpy isnt the last titan

@  PlutoniumBoss : (26 March 2020 - 05:57 PM)

Too bad a new character titan class figure is pretty much an impossibility.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (26 March 2020 - 05:56 PM)

I want a titan class, really good looking bucket wheel excavator. Like Cybertron Metroplex was supposed to be but didn't quite pull off.

@  wonko the sane? : (26 March 2020 - 03:32 PM)

I just taped up a shower curtain and took my first shower in three weeks. It was heavenly.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (26 March 2020 - 11:48 AM)

I would buy that...

@  Maximus Ambus : (24 March 2020 - 02:03 PM)

Studio Series 100 Titan Class Driller.

@  Sabrblade : (23 March 2020 - 09:05 PM)

I'll give ya 25 cents, a pack of gum, and some peanuts.

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 March 2020 - 07:35 PM)

I can give ya twenty bucks for it.

@  Paladin : (23 March 2020 - 04:28 PM)

hoarder? I hardly know 'er?

@  Dekafox : (23 March 2020 - 01:52 PM)

FOR THE HORDE!

@  repowers : (23 March 2020 - 01:48 PM)

* hordes shrubberies *

@  Telly : (23 March 2020 - 01:46 PM)

YET...

@  PlutoniumBoss : (23 March 2020 - 01:22 PM)

At least we haven't resorted to shouting "NI" at old ladies.

@  CORVUS : (23 March 2020 - 11:04 AM)

Keep it out, and I won't reply to it.

@  RichardT1977 : (23 March 2020 - 08:50 AM)

It's a sad world where we can't discuss our health and safety without it descending into political arguments...

@  fourteenwings : (22 March 2020 - 11:46 PM)

woah I have no idea what's going on here but it's certainly breaking the "keep P&R out of the shoutbox" rules (which really should be enforced like... at all)

@  CORVUS : (22 March 2020 - 11:13 PM)

Ugh, Chinese. Typo-city.

@  CORVUS : (22 March 2020 - 11:11 PM)

Rodimus, you're just flat-out wrong. Trump eliminated the Pandemic Response Team. Trump was advised in January that this could be serious, and he didn't listen. Trump spent weeks downplaying COVID-19 by implying it was a hoax, and then that it was just a type of flu. He was late to close down travel from China, and by the time he closed down air-travel to the EU, that was also too late. He has refused to take responsibility for removing the pandemic response team, even though he basically bragged about it some months before. He's also prematurely talked up treatments using chlorquinine that have not been properly vetted as yet, and he keeps calling COVID-19 the "Chinense virus" because he can't help but be a jerk. Face facts: Trump is an incompetent bungler. Period. Full-stop.

Photo

Sonic the Hedgehog Thread: Movie now in cinemas...PINGAS!

1978 replies to this topic

#81 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 39394 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:14 PM

(Mike Pollock, on the other hand, is just aces as Robotnik and I actually like him more than Long John Baldry, who was my favorite for the longest time)

I just remember seeing the first two episodes of Sonic X in one go and thinking, "Good lord, this guy is terrible."  And then like 10 episodes later I checked again and he'd gotten amazingly better while the rest still sucked pretty hard.

Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#82 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 39394 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:23 PM

(Mike Pollock, on the other hand, is just aces as Robotnik and I actually like him more than Long John Baldry, who was my favorite for the longest time)

I just remember seeing the first two episodes of Sonic X in one go and thinking, "Good lord, this guy is terrible."  And then like 10 episodes later I checked again and he'd gotten amazingly better while the rest still sucked pretty hard.

I get the feeling you just explained why when the entire 4Kids cast got the boot, Pollock was the only one invited to stay.

I stopped playing the games after Heroes (because my god), but I tried to keep up by watching all the cut scenes uploaded to youtube as "movies".  In pretty much every one of those I watched, it was a desperate struggle not to just fast forward directly to the Robotnik scenes and skip everything else.  Because his moments were the only bits that were even remotely palatable (especially in Deadly Six, where he's actually quite funny, in large part due to performance and not so much material).

I'd recommend Generations on all points, but otherwise you wouldn't be missing anything.  But Dr. Robotnik verbally sparring with himself was immensely entertaining to me.

Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#83 spikeriley

spikeriley

Time To Go Turbo!

• Citizen
  • 3650 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:25 PM

Strange, I loved the Donkey Kong Country TV show as a separate continuity.

Banana Slamma!

#84 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

I like coffee!

• Staff
  • 39961 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 05:48 PM

Those designs are more 90s than the actual designs from the 90s. I'm okay with this.

Judging from that trailer, egad I don't like Sonic's voice. I like the writing though. This has potential.

B5ofTKU.jpg

#85 skankerzero

skankerzero

Back in DFW!

• Citizen
  • 7459 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:38 PM

So I'm not familiar with the French studio making this show.  Honestly, most French cartoons that make it here to the US are uniformly terrible (Martin Mystery, Totally Spies, Monster Buster Club, etc) or just bland, mediocre afterschool timeslot fillers.  I hear Wakfu is... good?  Maybe?  Or it might just be neckbeards distracted by all the hips and boobies, I dunno.

I'm hoping, though, that with this not being written by the Japanese, Amy might actually be something of a character and not a screeching anime fetish incarnate (what is that crap?  Yandere?  Tsundere?  I don't even).  The Japanese weren't about to give her any dignity, so maybe the French will step up.

Wakfu is awesome.

I actually think that French anime is great when it's a wholly French product. Most of the stuff you listed is developed elsewhere. (Totally Spies and MBC are Canadian, Martian Mystery is mostly Japanese)

As far as this series goes, the writing will have to be suuuuuper good in order to avoid all the internet hate and cliches that come a long with Sonic.

Wasn't Code Lyoko French?  If you could make it past the terrible character designs and the awful, awful music, that show wasn't that bad.  It's just jumping the first two hurdles that was hard.

From what I could read up on it, yes it was. I never watched it when it came out, but I've heard the same thing from others.

-----------
jesse sosa
owner / creative director
Dinosaur Games

#86 2019

• Citizen
  • 42884 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:44 PM

Amy's clothes and facial expression kind of set off warning bells in my head, but we'll see how it goes.

I'm still recovering from bangarang really)

if you can see this, i apologize for the above tweet, i was young and stupid and had nothing of value to say. please support lgbtq rights and listen to women's voices. that's all that really matters now. the right is evil, and should be opposed. thanks.

#87 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 35138 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:34 PM

I get the feeling you just explained why when the entire 4Kids cast got the boot, Pollock was the only one invited to stay.

I stopped playing the games after Heroes (because my god), but I tried to keep up by watching all the cut scenes uploaded to youtube as "movies".  In pretty much every one of those I watched, it was a desperate struggle not to just fast forward directly to the Robotnik scenes and skip everything else.  Because his moments were the only bits that were even remotely palatable (especially in Deadly Six, where he's actually quite funny, in large part due to performance and not so much material).

Pollock was "invited to stay" because he was the only one who was capable of physically moving to where production was now being done.

"Disabled people donít have special needs. We have very reasonable human needs. Our needs include freedom from abuse, violence, and mistreatment, the right to autonomy and self-direction, the right to represent ourselves, equal opportunity for education and employment, the right to accommodation, and societal inclusion and acceptance.

The need for accommodation isnít a ďspecial needĒ. Itís a basic human right. Itís a leveling of the playing field that allows us the same opportunities and chances as non-disabled people."

- Amethyst Schaber, http://neurowonderful.tumblr.com/

#88 ZeroX

ZeroX
  • 2226 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:15 PM

Can you blame him? His grandad publicly got outed as a traitor that tried to crash a space colony into the planet

There is nothing but shame on the Robotnik name! SHAAAAME!

...Until his grandad got publicly outed as a hero with a brilliant plan to save the world until an accident involving his attempt to clone Chaos resulted in trigger-happy government agents storming his research facility and killing his granddaughter. Its no wonder the guy went crazy; even the current President of the Adventure era realized how badly they had screwed up and decided to posthumously declare him a national hero.

...Which is basically like learning Hitler orchestrated a plan which saved the world from aliens.

As painful as Amy's obsession was with Sonic, it became downright tedious after Sonic 2006 all but spelled out that Silver was the future offspring of both Shadow and Amy.

#89 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 35138 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:20 PM

That's not canon at all.

"Disabled people donít have special needs. We have very reasonable human needs. Our needs include freedom from abuse, violence, and mistreatment, the right to autonomy and self-direction, the right to represent ourselves, equal opportunity for education and employment, the right to accommodation, and societal inclusion and acceptance.

The need for accommodation isnít a ďspecial needĒ. Itís a basic human right. Itís a leveling of the playing field that allows us the same opportunities and chances as non-disabled people."

#90 ZeroX

ZeroX
  • 2226 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:27 PM

Which part? The Robotnik stuff is completely canon.

The Shadow/Amy thing is slightly less canon, but give me a couple hours to dub over Sonic 2006 footage with TeamFourStar dialog and it'll totally seem more legit. ^_^

#91 2019

• Citizen
  • 42884 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:51 PM

Sonic canon is stupid.

I just like to run around the cool levels.

if you can see this, i apologize for the above tweet, i was young and stupid and had nothing of value to say. please support lgbtq rights and listen to women's voices. that's all that really matters now. the right is evil, and should be opposed. thanks.

#92 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 35138 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:01 PM

The Shadow/Amy thing is slightly less canon, but give me a couple hours to dub over Sonic 2006 footage with TeamFourStar dialog and it'll totally seem more legit. ^_^

Yeah, it's not even close to being canon. Just gonna leave that there.

#93 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

I like coffee!

• Staff
  • 39961 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:21 PM

That's not canon at all.

Whenever I see those words in a Sonic thread I instinctively duck and cover.

B5ofTKU.jpg

#94 ZeroX

ZeroX
  • 2226 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:49 PM

Well.... Depends on what you mean by "close".

1. We know Silver is from the future, so he must be the offspring of characters who exist right now.

2. We know that he is a pure-blooded hedgehog(Even assuming anything else is even possible), so he must be the offspring of both a male and female hedgehog. To date, Amy is the only female hedgehog featured in the games and thus, currently the most likely candidate to be Silver's maternal ancestor.

3. We know that he can use chaos control, an ability demonstrated to the most powerful degree by Shadow. Many of Silver's telekentic shockwave abilities are reminiscient of Shadow's Chaos blast.

4. And oh yeah, in the post-apocalyptic timeline where Silver is from, Sonic died and caused Iblis to be released many years before Silver was born. He cannot be Silver's paternal ancestor, even in the new timeline where Iblis never existed.

5. Inversely, we have direct confirmation that Shadow is still alive in Silver's post-apocalyptic timeline and was sealed many years after Iblis was released. As the only male hedgehog in the game series to date other than Sonic, he is thus currently the most likely candidate to be Silver's paternal ancestor.

Like I said, depends on what you mean by "close". But I don't know what else I'm supposed to see when I connect all those dots.

Edited by ZeroX, 07 February 2014 - 09:55 PM.

#95 Sailor Unicron

Sailor Unicron
  • Citizen
  • 3551 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:53 PM

Oh, come on.  Just think about it:

Shadow is blatantly a playful reference to Vegeta.  Both are broody and have a vitriolic best bud relationship with the hero of their respective franchises.  Amy is the first female protagonist that shows up in the Sonic franchise, just as Bulma was the first female protagonist to show up in Dragonball.  Silver is a mysterious guy from the future, just as Trunks was a mysterious guy from the future.

Now, in Dragonball Vegeta + Bulma = Trunks.  Ergo, it's safe to assume that Shadow + Amy = Silver.  It's makes perfect sense!

After all, it's not the first parallel the Sonic franchise has made to the Dragonball franchise.  What is Super Sonic, if not a playful reference to a Super Saiyan?  Blonde hair?  Check.  Spiky hair that gets spikier?  Check.  Natural talent made even stronger (strength for Goku, speed for Sonic)?  Check.

You are more than flesh and bone / Can't you see, you're something beautiful...you gotta believe that you are / Someone worth dying for

God's not dead!

In 1996: "TRUKK NOT MUNKEY!"; In 2013: "PONEE NOT HUGHMAN!"; in 2014: "TREE NOT CASSUL"; Regardless of the fandom, it all boils down to one thing: "RUINED FOREVA!"

DA account

I got my counter at Jellyneo.net! NaNoWriMo is GO!

#96 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 35138 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:53 PM

Not having this conversation. It's there if you want to get all fanficcy about it, but that's still not anywhere close to being canon. Sonic is not even CLOSE to being subtle. If it were canon, it would be stated flat out

anyway.

I'm wondering if that's a statue of an echidna we see at one point in the game trailer.

Edited by Razorsaw, 07 February 2014 - 09:54 PM.

#97 Sailor Unicron

Sailor Unicron
  • Citizen
  • 3551 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:54 PM

You really thought I was being serious?

You are more than flesh and bone / Can't you see, you're something beautiful...you gotta believe that you are / Someone worth dying for

God's not dead!

In 1996: "TRUKK NOT MUNKEY!"; In 2013: "PONEE NOT HUGHMAN!"; in 2014: "TREE NOT CASSUL"; Regardless of the fandom, it all boils down to one thing: "RUINED FOREVA!"

DA account

I got my counter at Jellyneo.net! NaNoWriMo is GO!

#98 2019

• Citizen
  • 42884 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:54 PM

...People actually played Sonic 2006?!

#99 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36630 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:57 PM

On the Internet, its never easy to tell :p

But I've heard almost sense the Sonic '06 that people thought Amy was his ancestor, since in certain continuity she was shown to have some really basic psychic abilities.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#100 ZeroX

ZeroX
  • 2226 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:58 PM

I was. I gave clear reasons why in my last post even. O_o

Seriously, connect the dots people! The totally non-fanficcy dots!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users