Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  wonko the sane? : (09 April 2020 - 09:03 PM)

Meh. Since we felled the big one (managed to drop the bulk of the trunk less than two feet from the pool. on purpose!) it's almost exclusively been used to speed up work that could have easily been done by hand.

@  Darkstream : (09 April 2020 - 04:24 PM)

My wife had that same concern..and yet trees keep falling

@  wonko the sane? : (08 April 2020 - 08:42 AM)

It is. Thankfully, we don't use the thing too often. It was purchased to help take down one tree and spends about 362 days a year sitting in the shop.

@  Darkstream : (08 April 2020 - 08:23 AM)

Sounds tedious

@  wonko the sane? : (07 April 2020 - 06:25 PM)

grinding wheel on a dremel and a lot of patience.

@  Darkstream : (07 April 2020 - 06:11 PM)

What do you use to sharpen it? I was debating buying one of those kits on Amazon

@  wonko the sane? : (07 April 2020 - 11:49 AM)

Wasn't the first time. I probably did it one of the times the chain jumped the blade, or when I was cleaning it or sharpening it.

@  Darkstream : (07 April 2020 - 11:38 AM)

Sounds like something I'd do. I always install things backwards first.

@  wonko the sane? : (07 April 2020 - 07:32 AM)

Not while I'm outside working with the chainsaw. If it's working fine: then I don't need it. If it's NOT working; I use hand tools cause there is a job that brought me out there. No time to read.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (07 April 2020 - 03:07 AM)

You can Google manuals these days.

@  wonko the sane? : (06 April 2020 - 06:06 PM)

I can't. One: we don't know where dad hide the damn manual. Not that he read it either. And 2.) I'm congenitally incapable of reading it, being as I'm male.

@  TheMightyMol... : (06 April 2020 - 01:52 PM)

Lesson learned: RTFM.

@  wonko the sane? : (06 April 2020 - 11:45 AM)

It's time for todays lesson! Did you know there's a wrong way to install a chainsaw blade? I didn't. I thought the damn thing was just blunted, but nope. Backwards.

@  CORVUS : (05 April 2020 - 06:41 PM)

CONTAGION is on my current watchlist. I'm kicking it off with OUTBREAK, and I have a whole lineup of pandemic-based films. I treat this stuff as a fear-innoculant.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (05 April 2020 - 03:52 PM)

My point is that of late, Taiwan's government executed lockdown procedures to great success. Vietnam has done similarly.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (05 April 2020 - 03:34 PM)

Didn't SARS just suddenly stop before it got very far?

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (05 April 2020 - 03:24 PM)

*raises eyebrows due to familial knowledge of SARS*

@  Steevy Maximus : (05 April 2020 - 01:43 PM)

It was uncomfortably real in 2011, it's downright scary in relation to the current pandemic.

@  Steevy Maximus : (05 April 2020 - 01:42 PM)

It is, almost to an uncomfortable point.The virus portrayed in that film was FAR more aggressive and fatal than Coronavirus, but the sourcing and spread and impact hit REALLY close to home compared to what we're dealing with now

@  Maximus Ambus : (05 April 2020 - 04:50 AM)

Actually on the subject, I've hard a lot of people refer to a 2011 film called Contagion that they think is relevant.

@  Maximus Ambus : (05 April 2020 - 01:11 AM)

Ah well, I'll stick to the classic British sitcoms: One Foot in the Grave, Til Death Do Us Part and They Think It's All Over.

@  TM2-Megatron : (05 April 2020 - 12:53 AM)

There's always the original, cheesy as it is

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (05 April 2020 - 12:10 AM)

Dunno... Tonight one of the major networks showed a movie with plagues.. including that listening to their leader causes the first born to die. ;P So nah.. I think the Stand could work. :D

@  TM2-Megatron : (04 April 2020 - 09:18 PM)

That's probably the last thing anyone needs to see, at the moment. Maybe when we get to the end of June/beginning of July and we can venture back out, it might be possible to find some enjoyment in The Stand.

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 April 2020 - 02:08 PM)

I suppose the CBS adaptation of Stephen Kings The Stand will be delayed.

@  Rycochet : (04 April 2020 - 11:26 AM)

We'll always be together. Together in electric dreams.

@  Rycochet : (04 April 2020 - 11:25 AM)

Please remember that in these times of social distancing, we'll always be together however far it seems.

@  wonko the sane? : (03 April 2020 - 12:41 PM)

It arrived! Yay!

@  wonko the sane? : (03 April 2020 - 11:25 AM)

Given how the virus lasts about 3-4 days on metals and plastics, it's about the only way to go about getting stuff right now. I ordered a monitor mount for my desk and the delivery has been pushed back twice already.

@  Maximus Ambus : (03 April 2020 - 11:04 AM)

He ordered it online, says it was to keep those delivery boys in business. I did the same a week ago with some Transformers Studio Series figures off Kapow. Don't know if it's wise or not considering.

@  wonko the sane? : (03 April 2020 - 09:12 AM)

You'd be the first. Everyone else has either been frustrated cause the one they wanted was sold out (like during boxing week.) or rushing to replace something broken.

@  RYNO : (03 April 2020 - 08:53 AM)

I actually walked into a store the other day and just randomly decided to buy at 32inch TV. It was just a Vizio, and grabbed a Mounting Bracket for it. No duress. Just a spur of the moment wanted a TV for my master bedroom.

@  wonko the sane? : (03 April 2020 - 07:31 AM)

Conversely: I've never met a person who wasn't buying a TV under duress... so... yeah.

@  wonko the sane? : (03 April 2020 - 07:20 AM)

I think I've met maybe two people other than myself who count cables before buying a TV.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (03 April 2020 - 05:33 AM)

Seriously.. HDMI splitters and switches are so bloody finicky, but most tvs don't have enough inputs.

@  Maximus Ambus : (03 April 2020 - 05:09 AM)

Just spent a hour trying to get my brothers new Samsung TV to read his Playstation and Blu Ray player only to find he was using a HDMI splitter.

@  Steevy Maximus : (02 April 2020 - 11:07 AM)

I could never master oral bullshittery. But in my day I was quite adept with the written word.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (01 April 2020 - 11:32 PM)

You have mastered the art of Bulljive. You must use this power only for good, or entertainment.

@  Sabrblade : (01 April 2020 - 08:58 PM)

This morning, for one of my online classes, I had to give a positive oral presentation about a play that I hated having to watch. I went into it completely unprepared and just winged it. My professor LOVED my presentation and thought it was excellent. She believed every word I said and honestly thought that I enjoyed that miserable play. Best April Fools ever!

@  ▲ndrusi : (01 April 2020 - 10:06 AM)

Happy Everyone Thinks They're A Comedian Now Day!

@  Donocropolis : (31 March 2020 - 05:45 AM)

Who, I might add, has never been photographed together with Byteman. Just sayin'.

@  Sabrblade : (30 March 2020 - 10:27 PM)

Bruce Wayne's cyberpunk cousin?

@  PlutoniumBoss : (30 March 2020 - 09:27 PM)

Laser Wayne

@  Sabrblade : (30 March 2020 - 09:08 PM)

Luther Unum

@  PlutoniumBoss : (30 March 2020 - 07:09 PM)

Or Lee Derwon.

@  Steevy Maximus : (30 March 2020 - 06:51 PM)

Not to be confused with Leader I

@  Steevy Maximus : (30 March 2020 - 06:50 PM)

He was Leader Uno

@  Steevy Maximus : (30 March 2020 - 06:50 PM)

He was the OTHER Leader 1

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 March 2020 - 06:29 PM)

Or Sideways.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (30 March 2020 - 05:26 PM)

On the other hand, this is Armada we're talking about. It could have actually been Metroplex.

Photo

Sonic the Hedgehog Thread: Movie now in cinemas...PINGAS!

1981 replies to this topic

#41 Liege

Liege

Deathsaurus Rising

• Supporter
  • 4877 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 06 February 2014 - 08:05 PM

I like these and the fact they're making the more obnoxious parts of the Sonic fandom b'awww is a nice bonus also.

QUOTE(NightViper @ Aug 3 2013, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Escargon @ Aug 1 2013, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And Liege, you're words really have had an effect on me. It made me relise I've shouldn't care about what others think of me, I should only care about what I think of myself.

Liege is a small dude with a lot of wisdom.

Well one of those descriptive words is accurate I suppose!

3ds friend code: kyle 4141 2965 5460 pm me yours to add.

#42 Cabooceratops

Cabooceratops

Girl Whomst Love Girls

• Citizen
  • 22858 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 06 February 2014 - 08:07 PM

The base designs look great, but the models used for the game and show look weird and stretched out. Kinda sucks they ended up like that.

In example, in the concept art Knuckle's head is just a bit wider than the game model which makes it work and not feel "stuck on" like the game model does.

The concept art was what I based that on

Well, I disagree with that notion.

Like my art? I do commissions!! -> https://www.allspark...

#43 Shadowmask

Shadowmask

Homini lupus

• Citizen
  • 7463 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 08:11 PM

This enhanced focus on Sonic's friends is great, especially for video games! If there's one thing that makes Sonic games great, it's their necessary and not-at-all-annoying supporting cast!
"Ideas are the jive of creative brains."
- Nobel laureate chemist Linus Pauling

#44 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 35140 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 08:15 PM

I thought it was the post-SA crew that everyone disliked. This is Tails, Knuckles, and Amy.

Two of which are playable in Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

"Disabled people donít have special needs. We have very reasonable human needs. Our needs include freedom from abuse, violence, and mistreatment, the right to autonomy and self-direction, the right to represent ourselves, equal opportunity for education and employment, the right to accommodation, and societal inclusion and acceptance.

The need for accommodation isnít a ďspecial needĒ. Itís a basic human right. Itís a leveling of the playing field that allows us the same opportunities and chances as non-disabled people."

- Amethyst Schaber, http://neurowonderful.tumblr.com/

#45 MrBlud

MrBlud

Goes down smooth...

• Retired Staff
  • 52371 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 06 February 2014 - 08:19 PM

Well, the link would work if this new forum format wasn't so broken to the point where I can post links without HTML code.

And like Database said, it will be a branch off series like the comics and the Sonic cartoons before this.

Just click the little chain icon, paste your URL in, and *poof* workable link.

http://www.sonicstad...he-old-universe

As for that I get the feeling it's more like Star Trek's "We're not replacing the old Universe"  merely making everything canon going forward in that style leaving the old Universe to wither and rot with non-canon novels/comics BUT IT'S STILL THERE YOU GUYS!

If this turns out to be popular.

If not, than they'll likely cycle back to the designs. Personally I'm fine with the new designs but I've never been a Sonic fan so eh.

Edited by MrBlud, 06 February 2014 - 08:25 PM.

card-strongarm.jpg

#46 ZeroX

ZeroX
  • 2226 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 08:40 PM

Tails has never looked so badass. Let's hope he gets to do more than pilot mechs and planes this time around.

Really hope Eggman has Orbot and Cubot to play off of in this.

Needs more Shadow >_>

#47 TriBlurr

TriBlurr

The Purple Monkey

• Citizen
  • 6587 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 06 February 2014 - 08:40 PM

Found this, thought it was neat:

I'd play a Mario game with these designs.

#48 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36655 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 06 February 2014 - 08:41 PM

Tails has never looked so badass. Let's hope he gets to do more than pilot mechs and planes this time around.

Really hope Eggman has Orbot and Cubot to play off of in this.

Needs more Shadow >_>

I figure if this does well, We'll see Team Dark show up later.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#49 spikeriley

spikeriley

Time To Go Turbo!

• Citizen
  • 3654 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:34 PM

If Shadow does show up, please don't make him wear a Hawaiian shirt and shades.

#50 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36655 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:36 PM

If Shadow does show up, please don't make him wear a Hawaiian shirt and shades.

No, that's Big.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#51 Eva Sigma

Eva Sigma

Back to my old demonic ways

• Citizen
  • 29961 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:45 PM

Worse. Shadow will have an impractically long high-collared cloak like he's trying to be Spawn.

QUOTE(Contrary Mary @ Jul 10 2010, 09:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
boobs count as accessories.

QUOTE(Dvandom @ Oct 26 2010, 05:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Unless you are kaiju-sized, a shinkansen is not a sex toy.

---Dave
3DS Friend Code: 4613 9837 2957 (It's new! Re-add me! Give me your Friend Codes!)

#52 Eneon

Eneon
  • Citizen
  • 6166 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:09 PM

Found this, thought it was neat:

I think Luigi is the odd man out in that one. I don't think having different jumping/running physics to Mario or being able to run in the air translates to having a lot of upper body strength.

I think that would only work if he was changed so he used the classic hammer/mallet as a signature weapon. 

#53 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 35140 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:10 PM

Mario makes sense as the burly one, but that screws up the cast parallels.

"Disabled people donít have special needs. We have very reasonable human needs. Our needs include freedom from abuse, violence, and mistreatment, the right to autonomy and self-direction, the right to represent ourselves, equal opportunity for education and employment, the right to accommodation, and societal inclusion and acceptance.

The need for accommodation isnít a ďspecial needĒ. Itís a basic human right. Itís a leveling of the playing field that allows us the same opportunities and chances as non-disabled people."

#54 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7467 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:48 PM

http://www.polygon.c...ave-him-a-scarf

If the Big Red Button team is led by an "Uncharted and Jak & Daxter veteran", I'm pretty keen.

But, uh:

"We were exploring different outfits and we went through a lot of iterations and the scarf was something I've used in the past and it works for me and it works for the character. Really, the history of that comes from the old western days, with John Wayne, and as a kid watching a lot of those westerns, that really stuck with me. And you see the use of the afghan in a lot of action movies because of the soldiers and what's happened with more association with the Middle East. So that DNA made its way into what makes a character action hero nowadays."

Ooookay.

But seriously, I actually love the weird bandaged post-apocalyptic vibe. So.

WsuGTl1.jpg

#55 Detour

Detour

Too lazy to change the avatar but Graham Linehan is a sack of sh

• Supporter
  • 20699 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:08 AM

I thought this topic was going to be about Guile's main attack being revamped. I am dissapoint.

You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

I'm reading that with Roy's voice. Heck, I read everything you post in a laconic Irish accent.

#56 Confuzor

Confuzor

They put em in Smash Bros!!!!

• Supporter
  • 8161 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:38 AM

Not fond of the blue arms on Sonic now. Especially because Amy's are still peach.

Longer limbs on everyone is kinda off putting, but I guess we went through a similar thing in the jump from Genesis to Adventure era games.

Tails and Amy look great, Knuckles only less so (His head doesn't really fit with that body) I'm trying to figure out the scarf on Sonic tho. Robotnik looks alright, but I really dug his Adventure look more, kinda not digging the asymmetricalness of the new outfit.

Animation in the show looks slick tho, very expressive and good keyframing. Unfortunately, the music in the TV show trailer sounds like the worst of 4Kids re-scoring on their bad dubs.

#57 spikeriley

spikeriley

Time To Go Turbo!

• Citizen
  • 3654 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:33 AM

Since that is a trailer, my bet is the music is just a placeholder and will be replaced when the episode gets finalized.

#58 LBD "Nytetrayn"

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Quyzbuk

• Supporter
  • 18753 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 07 February 2014 - 05:35 AM

I can't believe not a single person here has heard of athletic tape...

M3Hgdmq.jpg

Anyway, I'm liking the look of this, for the most part. Knuckles is the most off-putting, but he's growing on me, though I'll be disappointed if he can't glide any more.

My original impression was that maybe this was like game Sonic a few years later-- late teens, early 20s, somewhere thereabouts. Apparently not, but oh well.

The episode descriptions sound hilarious, and I can't wait to see that stuff.

It reminds me of getting a new Mega Man, except there it's usually a whole other entity, rather than the same character with a new look/setting.

Animation doesn't look bad to me, but at the same time, I still remember this crime against humanity.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

Edited by LBD "Nytetrayn", 07 February 2014 - 05:41 AM.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gif0g9jaoG.gifuWt4fLV.gif

#59 Mecheon

Mecheon

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI

• Citizen
  • 1757 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 05:47 AM

This enhanced focus on Sonic's friends is great, especially for video games! If there's one thing that makes Sonic games great, it's their necessary and not-at-all-annoying supporting cast!

While I know you're just faticious everywhere, let's be honest, the supporting cast isn't the reason for the terrible games. Its the fact Sonicteam don't understand what makes the games popular

#60 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 35140 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 05:55 AM

Where are there episode description?

Anyway, on the tape, it's not that I don't get the logic behind it. I'm just not sure it works for me... At least on Sonic. When I think of Sonic, I think of a character who's essentially a living race car. Sharp, curved lines, sleek, solid colors, and stripes and such. That's why the scruffiness and the tape makes him look... Well, threadbare. On his shoes at least, it also looks really random because... What's the point of putting it over your shoes?

To be honest, Tails, Amy, and Eggman are the strongest, design-wise.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users