Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  wonko the sane? : (04 August 2020 - 11:37 AM)

It's almost like all drama is just manufactured pissing contests to keep us all entertained and distracted. :p

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (04 August 2020 - 10:16 AM)

Or they could go White Ranger vs Scorpion route and have both win. ;P

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:35 AM)

Besides, we all know the answer is nearly always "they fight to a standstill and then team up against a common enemy."

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:29 AM)

The best way to prove this is to give an example where the match is really lopsided in favor of one character but in popularity they're either evenly matched or the weaker one is more popular.

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:27 AM)

The "who would win in a fight" discussions are really just people trying to make "which one's better" into something you can theoretically measure objectively, usually in a very specific way they think they've predetermined their favorite will win.

@  Otaku : (04 August 2020 - 02:01 AM)

@Nevermore So... you're saying you didn't like DC Versus Marvel/Marvel Versus DC?

@  Steevy Maximus : (03 August 2020 - 06:59 PM)

So, what happened to Hasbro's Zoids relaunch? An English dub, some stuff in southeast Asia, and now a game coming in October? That it?

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 10:46 AM)

Tidal wave, cause shooting water gets you nowhere.

@  Darth Gonzo : (03 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Who would win Tidal Wave or Broadside?

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:17 AM)

Btw Happy birthday to those people in the box to the right \o/

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:16 AM)

The bottom line is obvious. It makes no literal sense to fight someone on your faction. :/

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 06:14 AM)

That's because you're doing it wrong. You're supposed to just stack skills and ability against each other. It's not the palace of doom, it's an episode of american gladiators.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:32 AM)

The only obvious winners of such a fight would be the bad guys.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

And what does it even matter? They should work together, not stupidly fight each other for the mindless entertainment of idiot onlookers.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

Why would two good guys fight each other? What are they fighting over?

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:28 AM)

I never understood these "who would win in a fight between two good guys" discussions. They make no sense to me.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 04:17 PM)

If G1 had continued we'd have had Starscream back in spirit - through Krunk, Snapdragons partner and possibly Skullcruncher unless he was mute.

@  Bass X0 : (02 August 2020 - 12:28 PM)

There are some decent impersonators in fandubs though.

@  -LittleAutob... : (02 August 2020 - 10:45 AM)

The only true Starscream voices are Steve Blum and Chris Latta, hands down.

@  Sabrblade : (02 August 2020 - 10:14 AM)

Why they didn't have Scott McNeil voicing that Starscream, when he was the one who had imitated Chris Latta when he voiced Cobra Commander in the DiC G.I. Joe cartoon, is beyond me.

@  wonko the sane? : (02 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Say what you will, that was an awesome scene.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 08:36 AM)

Beast Wars Starsream "I am AIR COMMANDER Starscream of the DECEPTICON BATTLEFLEET!"

@  Nevermore : (02 August 2020 - 07:02 AM)

I liked TF: Prime Starscream.

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:36 PM)

Hearing Starscream's screechy voice in Cyberverse has to be the most annoying thing ever in Transformers. Even his G1 voice wasn't as bad. :doh

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:35 PM)

KUP!

@  Sabrblade : (01 August 2020 - 04:58 PM)

Urkel!

@  TheMightyMol... : (01 August 2020 - 03:16 PM)

Steeeeeeeeve.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (01 August 2020 - 02:57 AM)

LEEEROOOOOOOOY! jhenkenz...

@  Hg Dragon : (01 August 2020 - 01:21 AM)

Candleja-

@  Sabrblade : (31 July 2020 - 11:02 PM)

Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice!

@  Echowarrior : (31 July 2020 - 10:18 PM)

Spongebob!

@  TheMightyMol... : (31 July 2020 - 05:13 PM)

KHAAAAAAAN

@  PlutoniumBoss : (31 July 2020 - 03:04 PM)

Bueller? Bueller?

@  Jet : (31 July 2020 - 11:31 AM)

DONKEY!

@  Maximus Ambus : (31 July 2020 - 06:55 AM)

Spanner

@  Xaaron : (31 July 2020 - 06:49 AM)

Jetstorm

@  Nevermore : (31 July 2020 - 05:33 AM)

Tankor

@  SG Roadbuster : (31 July 2020 - 04:44 AM)

Overrun

@  lastmaximal : (31 July 2020 - 01:33 AM)

Buckethead

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 July 2020 - 07:15 PM)

Now I wonder how many Transformers we can name with the fewest possible different names.

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:38 PM)

Ransack. That's like another 20 or so.

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 July 2020 - 06:18 PM)

"Prowl". There, that's at least fifteen.

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:15 PM)

Or do you want people to spam the Squawkbox with lists of 100 characters?

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:15 PM)

Oky, just one question: If I were to say "Yes, I could", how could you be sure I'm not lying?

@  Bass X0 : (30 July 2020 - 06:08 PM)

i don't go into people's threads that have no relevance to my interests just to be an ass by telling them that their comments and opinions are of no value just because they have no personal interest to me.

@  Bass X0 : (30 July 2020 - 06:06 PM)

i think one of us is misunderstanding what the squawkbox is actually for.

@  Bass X0 : (30 July 2020 - 06:06 PM)

and what is wrong with that? you respond to me to lessen your own boredom.

@  Bass X0 : (30 July 2020 - 06:05 PM)

I'm asking people if they think they could.

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:05 PM)

Or did you just think of another random question to lessen your boredom?

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:04 PM)

Is this a survey?

Photo

Sonic the Hedgehog Thread: Movie now in cinemas...PINGAS!

2046 replies to this topic

#2021 spikeriley

spikeriley

Time To Go Turbo!

• Citizen
  • 3675 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 28 June 2020 - 10:44 PM

So, it's been announced that Tangle and Whisper are going to appear in Sonic Forces Speed Battle as unlockable characters for an event.

Edited by spikeriley, 28 June 2020 - 10:45 PM.

#2022 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7694 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 29 June 2020 - 01:32 AM

Wow, that's awesome. 

WsuGTl1.jpg

#2023 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 9208 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 29 June 2020 - 04:32 AM

Whoa. I thought those two were Flynn original characters. They were made by Sega?

Edit - that made me think of the official characters that Flynn characterized.

What issue of Sonic Universe was it that the gag comic strip at the end had Marine meeting Bean for the first time and when they touched each other, the world exploded? I want to read it again, haha

Edited by Fero McPigletron, 29 June 2020 - 08:11 AM.

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

#2024 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7694 posts

Posted 29 June 2020 - 05:37 AM

No, they debuted in the current book. But of course it's all owned by Sega, so they can do whatever they want with any characters who originate in IDW.

WsuGTl1.jpg

#2025 ZakuConvoy

ZakuConvoy
  • Citizen
  • 671 posts

Posted 29 June 2020 - 02:20 PM

What issue of Sonic Universe was it that the gag comic strip at the end had Marine meeting Bean for the first time and when they touched each other, the world exploded? I want to read it again, haha

Sonic Universe #57

https://sonic.fandom...iverse_Issue_57

#2026 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 9208 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 03:48 AM

Whoa, the wiki has the Off Panel strip on it, nice! Thanks for finding it!

I miss Sonic Universe. Having Yardley doing art for almost every month was a treat. He missed some issues, I'm sure but I can't recall when. Also, he wrote!

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

#2027 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7694 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 07:46 PM

We might get a Universe-style book again if TF Galaxies does well. No idea how any of the current books have been selling, but Galaxies is an indication that IDW can stomach the idea of an ongoing title of that nature.

WsuGTl1.jpg

#2028 LBD "Nytetrayn"

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Quyzbuk

• Supporter
  • 18875 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 06:06 AM

I'd think they'd base it more on Sonic's performance than Transformers'.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gif0g9jaoG.gifuWt4fLV.gif

#2029 Confuzor

Confuzor

They put em in Smash Bros!!!!

• Supporter
  • 8249 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 11:52 AM

So, it's been announced that Tangle and Whisper are going to appear in Sonic Forces Speed Battle as unlockable characters for an event.

Thats super cool!

But I gotta say, my inner 13 year old kinda hurts after the years he would sit and pine for Princess Sally et al to get made more "official" with inclusion in a game. (No. Spinball cameo doesn't count)

#2030 ZakuConvoy

ZakuConvoy
  • Citizen
  • 671 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 06:18 PM

We might get a Universe-style book again if TF Galaxies does well. No idea how any of the current books have been selling, but Galaxies is an indication that IDW can stomach the idea of an ongoing title of that nature.

I think IDW wants the mini-series to be the "Universe" of their Sonic book.  Like the upcoming mini where we see what Starline's getting up to after the Metal Virus:

https://www.previews...talog/JUL200524

...Even if we do only seem to get one of these mini-series a year.  I'm guessing IDW is still testing the market a little.

Thats super cool!

But I gotta say, my inner 13 year old kinda hurts after the years he would sit and pine for Princess Sally et al to get made more "official" with inclusion in a game. (No. Spinball cameo doesn't count)

Well...it might not be official, but there is a series of romhacks that puts Sally in Sonic 1-3

And also, Bunnie in Sonic 1-2:

That might be of some interest.

Edited by ZakuConvoy, 01 July 2020 - 07:18 PM.

#2031 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7694 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 06:36 PM

I'd think they'd base it more on Sonic's performance than Transformers'.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

Oh, sure, but Galaxies at least shows that they're open to the idea of doing that kind of sibling book, which was a surprise to me after the Spotlights broke their heart all those years ago. 

I was not aware they had announced another Sonic mini though. At first glance I would assume that actual separate minseries are, sales-wise, a smarter move than an ongoing book with unpredictable contents. But I think you can also reach a point where people have spinoff fatigue and seeing yet another mini solicited starts to make them sick. SHRUG

WsuGTl1.jpg

#2032 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 9208 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 06:43 PM

Oh I see. Starline gets a mini too so it is like Sonic Universe. Pretty cool since Starline is my fave new character from the new series

(Flynn must feel sad about losing the Eggman's Dozen set. Those were a great bunch of characters for bad guys.)

That Bunnies hack is impressive! She doesn't have an upward attack (I think) and I'm not sure if she can stomp on badniks but she has an extending fist, a downward punch and a hover like Tails. Very awesome.

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

Episodes here

#2033 Agent X

Agent X

These Ponies are holding on my heart like a handgrenade.

• Citizen
  • 2501 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 03 July 2020 - 04:58 AM

As much crap I've given the story for going way too long, and being very depressing, for a book that has only been 2+ years old...

I'll not be pleased if the conclusion is 'Sending Silver back in time via the Chaos Emeralds to stop it before it starts'. 

"Some people collect other characters like Jazz or Hot Shot and its encouraged, but I stockpile Cybertron Crosswises and that makes ME the strange one."

#2034 ZakuConvoy

ZakuConvoy
  • Citizen
  • 671 posts

Posted 03 July 2020 - 11:47 AM

I think they're just going to...

Spoiler

We'll have to see what happens, though.  And, I'll agree, time travel right now would feel kind of cheap.

#2035 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 9208 posts

Posted 04 July 2020 - 05:33 AM

Ian's last story?!? He's leaving?!?

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

Episodes here

#2036 ZakuConvoy

ZakuConvoy
  • Citizen
  • 671 posts

Posted 04 July 2020 - 12:09 PM

Well, sorta.

http://majorspoilers...idw-publishing/

Evan Stanley's taking over the main book with #33, and Ian's writing that Bad Guy mini-series.  They're promoting this like it's a major thing, so...it might be permanent?  

However, it looks like Ian said he'll be back on the Sonic book in 2021 for "a bit" and that there are "other plans", so...yeah, they're doing something.

https://twitter.com/...133369524027393

More likely, and this is just me speculating, Evan will likely write a 12-issue arc or something, then Ian will come back for some big event that they can promote as Ian's big return to the comic.  Maybe a crossover with Classic Sonic?  That whole "Warp Topaz can destabilize reality" subplot has to go somewhere, after all.  

Ian's let others write the main book for an arc or two before in the Archie days, but they've never promoted it like it was a major change-up before.  So...I don't know, it might be a major change or it might just be a stunt.  It's hard to say right now.  Maybe we're just getting a Classic Sonic book in 2021? *shrugs* I don't know.

Edited by ZakuConvoy, 04 July 2020 - 02:02 PM.

#2037 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 9208 posts

Posted 04 July 2020 - 02:32 PM

I don't think anybody else wrote the main Sonic title when Ian was there. There were the back ups though. But I could be wrong.

It was in Sonic Universe that Yardley wrote issues. He should write stuff again, hehe

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

Episodes here

#2038 ZakuConvoy

ZakuConvoy
  • Citizen
  • 671 posts

Posted 05 July 2020 - 11:22 AM

I think you're right, actually.  I think I'm thinking of others filling in on Sonic Universe.

#2039 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

Praise be to Stakeout.

• Supporter
  • 27359 posts

Posted 08 July 2020 - 09:08 AM

The 2020 annual is out.  It's a great read if you enjoy being sad.

#2040 Daith

Daith

My Nyah brings all the girls to the yard

• Supporter
  • 9541 posts

Posted 08 July 2020 - 06:31 PM

I kinda want my money back after this one. It was just bleak as heck considering what we know happened to the majority of these characters. About the only good one was Starline finding Eggman in his secret hideaway.

Switch code: SW-6538-7795-1972

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users