Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Rycochet : (22 March 2019 - 01:01 PM)

If they don't take it down or back off, then unfollow. At least then they'll know why people are distancing themselves.

@  Rycochet : (22 March 2019 - 12:54 PM)

Call them out because if nobody challenges them on nonsense, they'll only sink deeper into their rabbithole of stupidity.

@  Benbot : (22 March 2019 - 11:26 AM)

When someone makes a deliberately hateful and dishonest post on Facebook, do you angrily call them out on it, or just ignore or defriend them?

@  Xellos : (22 March 2019 - 11:11 AM)

Dunno, I did watch Combiner Wars...

@  TM2-Megatron : (22 March 2019 - 04:37 AM)

Also, nobody try watching last year's Stargate Origins: Catherine "webisode". My god, I've never seen anything so atrocious

@  TM2-Megatron : (22 March 2019 - 04:36 AM)

Having watched the full decade's' worth of episodes during the last 4 or so weeks, the cult leader Goa'uld was Setesh/"Seth"

@  Pennpenn : (22 March 2019 - 04:00 AM)

I missed a whole bunch of stuff in the Squawkbox. Huh. It's been a long week.

@  Pennpenn : (22 March 2019 - 03:52 AM)

That or Old Testament God with his whole nuking cities, random plagues, brutal pogroms, absurd set ups to test followers faiths, etc etc as a very not rogue Goa'uld.

@  Pennpenn : (22 March 2019 - 03:48 AM)

1) Spite. 2) I'm fairly sure at least one episode did actually have a Goa'uld who'd be hiding out on Earth since the rebellion and had been host swapping and running cults, 3) mostly yeah spiteful contrivance to see Christain groups lose their collective shit.

@  TM2-Megatron : (22 March 2019 - 02:49 AM)

If you don't take paypal, and the item isn't a local pickup (in which case Cash is acceptable), I'm pretty sure you need to have some alternative credit card processor you're able to take payment through

@  TM2-Megatron : (22 March 2019 - 02:48 AM)

Technically eBay doesn't own Paypal anymore, but even so I haven't seen an auction in years that didn't take Paypal as a form of payment.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (21 March 2019 - 11:01 PM)

I was gonna ask "aren't eBay and Paypal basically the same people" but turns out that hasn't been true for a while.

@  Trpodeca : (21 March 2019 - 07:41 PM)

I think the issue is that we paid with Paypal, but they don't accept Paypal.

@  Trpodeca : (21 March 2019 - 07:40 PM)

I don't think so.

@  TM2-Megatron : (21 March 2019 - 07:30 PM)

Can you pay via paypal?

@  Trpodeca : (21 March 2019 - 07:25 PM)

I think we can't transfer the money into Euros. So that's unfortunate.

@  Trpodeca : (21 March 2019 - 07:21 PM)

Well we bought it, but the payment doesn't seem to have gone through.

@  Nevermore : (21 March 2019 - 06:56 PM)

What problem?

@  Trpodeca : (21 March 2019 - 03:44 PM)

Well that's unfortunate, the German comic we're missing is on ebay, and we bought it but seem to have run into a problem.

@  MidnightFox : (21 March 2019 - 11:18 AM)

If anything in context to the show, Jesus would most likely have been a human nearing ascension. We have various examples of near ascension humans exhibiting the same abilities as miracles attributed to Jesus.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 March 2019 - 09:42 AM)

Yeah, but neither the russians or the US military shared any information about the goa'uld to the public. And there was more than likely enough devout in both regimes that they wouldn't have accepted that as a possible answer anyway.

@  Steevy Maximus : (21 March 2019 - 09:25 AM)

Jesus would not have been a Goa'uld, he would have been an ancient ascendant :p

@  MidnightFox : (21 March 2019 - 09:20 AM)

Well, d'uh. But it also made sense within context of the series even with actual ancient alien theorists connecting everything in every religion to aliens.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 March 2019 - 09:18 AM)

More to the point: you don't piss off the bulk of the potential demographic by outright stating that even the supposedly one good god was really just a snake in your head.

@  MidnightFox : (21 March 2019 - 08:15 AM)

Why would they? The show was very clear about the Goa'uld not knowing what happened on Earth after the rebellion, which happened way before the advent of Christianity.

@  Pennpenn : (21 March 2019 - 02:16 AM)

To be honest they did ignore big chunks of the stuff from the movie. Also never had the balls to portray Jesus as a rogue Goa'uld (yeah yeah I know shut up).

@  Echowarrior : (20 March 2019 - 08:57 PM)

The original Stargate movie was okay for what it was. SG1 was a decent show that probably lasted too long. Atlantis was a decent show that could've lasted a little longer. Universe...gah. There were exactly two characters on that show that I liked, and neither was enough to help it in my mind.

@  Xellos : (20 March 2019 - 04:05 PM)

I got into SG1 right as season 8 ended. The Stargates were the last shows that I would make sure to watch every week. Since Universe ended, I really have not been addicted to any live action series.

@  wonko the sane? : (20 March 2019 - 03:12 PM)

The concept of the film had enormous potential, and the rest was literally writers one upping each other when they didn't know if they were going to get renewed.

@  TM2-Megatron : (20 March 2019 - 02:40 PM)

Haven't got as far as Universe yet, but I finished SG-1 on Prime last week and I'm part of the way through Atlantis, now. Amazing how long it went on, just based off a single film

@  Maximus Ambus : (20 March 2019 - 02:36 PM)

Teal'c PI never happened but Teengate did.

@  Cybersnark : (20 March 2019 - 02:33 PM)

Indeed.

@  wonko the sane? : (20 March 2019 - 01:56 PM)

Yeah, SG1 is fairly and uniformely good throught out it's entire run. Atlantis isn't quite as good, but has quite a few good episodes, and universe wasn't a bad take on the more dramatic and outlandish aspects of the universe.

@  TM2-Megatron : (20 March 2019 - 01:31 PM)

Man, I should've watched the Stargate TV shows years ago; they're a lot better than I ever expected

@  TM2-Megatron : (19 March 2019 - 06:09 PM)

Well, if the merchant benefited from it there's no harm, I guess. Some people just aren't comfortable dealing with foreign currencies; although admittedly those usually aren't the types who'll go to a place like Estonia.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (19 March 2019 - 05:51 PM)

I gather this was an ad hoc sale with no machine around. Or the U.S.-Americans in this story were so entitled they didn't bother getting any euros for their trip. One hears about the latter phenomenon often enough.

@  TM2-Megatron : (19 March 2019 - 05:46 PM)

Easier to just use a credit card with no foreign currency conversion fee. There are plenty to choose from in the US

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (19 March 2019 - 05:40 PM)

Joke's on them because the USD-EUR exchange rate gave him a lot more.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (19 March 2019 - 05:39 PM)

Just read an anecdote on Facebook from an Estonian guy who once accepted U.S. dollars on par from some 'Mericans who didn't change their currency when traveling to another country.

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 March 2019 - 11:14 AM)

Try their TF/GIJoe comic. I dare you. (I'm sorry in advance.)

@  Fnu Aw : (19 March 2019 - 10:41 AM)

My first reaction reading Dreamwave was "What am I stupid or something?" It can be hard to follow what's happening at times.

@  Paladin : (19 March 2019 - 07:52 AM)

but enough about *INSERT LEAST FAVORITE WEBCOMIC HERE*

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 March 2019 - 06:15 AM)

He draws about as well as he runs a business.

@  Nevermore : (19 March 2019 - 06:01 AM)

But... but... it has artwork by Superstar Extraordinaire Paticus Funana Lee!

@  Trpodeca : (19 March 2019 - 03:36 AM)

The second one,has a lot more interesting idea (A unified post war Cybertron, people viewing Optimus differently now the wars over), but in practice it's a disjointed mess.

@  Trpodeca : (19 March 2019 - 03:34 AM)

I'd say the first volume is the most Meh Transformers comic I've ever read. Reading it I felt like I was skipping a bunch of pages.

@  Trpodeca : (19 March 2019 - 03:32 AM)

You know I've been reading Dreamwave's comics and its not very good.

@  lastmaximal : (18 March 2019 - 11:36 PM)

Basics we can afford to take for granted. So let's cool it.

@  Nevermore : (18 March 2019 - 06:07 PM)

Learning what exactly?

@  Kayla Kaon : (18 March 2019 - 03:42 PM)

Don't be mean. The kid is learning.

Photo
* * * * - 10 votes

What's this? A toyline woefully underpopulated by Optimus? A LARGE INFLUX OF OPTIMUS OUGHT TO PUT A STOP TO THAT!

Cheap babby toys for babbys wrong opinions horrible taste Overpriced repaints Bludgeon was here #TeamTrypticon Bayhem Red Swoop

50573 replies to this topic

#50301 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

Sailor Salarymen

• Supporter
  • 60899 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 22 February 2019 - 10:00 PM

lol is that shadow, or hollow forearms? 

#50302 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Thighs should be seductive.

• Administrator
  • 48806 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 22 February 2019 - 10:22 PM

On the one hand, I checked, and only Megatron's elbows are hollow on that side, so it has to be shadow.

On the other hand ... I checked XD

Shouldn't gravity be doing something?

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#50303 Sharkshadow

Sharkshadow
  • Citizen
  • 12622 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 22 February 2019 - 11:58 PM

Boo shared more. This comic is not real.

D0-Cw-D0-NU0-AA5s-Sx.png

finnaly the truth revealed. the galactic civil war started because megatron is a sore loser over a game of patty cake. 

#50304 unluckiness

unluckiness

OH MY COD

• Citizen
  • 18344 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 23 February 2019 - 12:33 AM

Hightower is a Deluxe. That explains a lot, though I'm concerned that the nature of its altmode and transformation would make it tiny, even with Studio Series' more flexible budget. 

xOyvpt9.png

#50305 Logicron

Logicron

Yes, I really do look like this.

• Citizen
  • 30474 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 23 February 2019 - 06:26 AM

I guess it makes sense for Hightower to be a deluxe if Scrapmetal forms the other half of the arm mode.

i1NDBRh.jpg

#50306 TheMightyMollusk

TheMightyMollusk

The devil waits with fear in his eyes

• Supporter
  • 43600 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 23 February 2019 - 06:49 AM

Boo shared more. This comic is not real.

https://i.postimg.cc...NU0-AA5s-Sx.png

finnaly the truth revealed. the galactic civil war started because megatron is a sore loser over a game of patty cake.

Last time it was a curly straw. A step up?

#50307 Logicron

Logicron

• Citizen
  • 30474 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 10:58 AM

I want to like BB Prime but it bugs me how the vehicle mode stores half the mass of the legs on the back of the cab in an attempt to make the rear hitch more realistic, resulting in fiddly legs that almost look too small for the upper body.

And it's not like a realistic hitch is mandatory for SS Primes.

Edited by Logicron, 24 February 2019 - 10:59 AM.

i1NDBRh.jpg

#50308 TheMightyMollusk

TheMightyMollusk

• Supporter
  • 43600 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 12:06 PM

My Stege Megatron's sword bits are warped just enough that they can't clip properly into blade mode. So I unscrewed it, tossed it in the spare parts bin, and now he has two guns.

#50309 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

• Administrator
  • 48806 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 01:16 PM

For me that meant that the little flaps at the front of the they wouldn't stay up, but you can take apart the arms and add a bit of lacquer or nail polish on the axles pretty easily it that's a problem. Solved mine at least. (My sword wasn't defective but I didn't like it.)

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#50310 TheMightyMollusk

TheMightyMollusk

• Supporter
  • 43600 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 01:22 PM

Honestly, I just push the little shoulder flaps down so they cover the gap. It's a totally fictional vehicle anyway, so it's not like it's being inaccurate to a source.

Bonus, now the cannon can elevate, although it looks bad if raised up too far.

#50311 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

• Administrator
  • 48806 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 01:29 PM

Yeah, I liked that too, and it's part of why I initially took the blades off, because I really wanted to be able to raise the cannon. I ended up rejiggering things anyway to interpret the whole turret as an artillery mount and just rotate it on the cradle though.

DSC-3245.jpg

#50312 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

I like coffee!

• Staff
  • 37190 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 02:11 PM

Is it me or do Steve Megatron's treads kinda look like they were intended to clip together at some point for a more solid tank mode? Like a transformation step got budgeted out?

B5ofTKU.jpg

#50313 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

• Administrator
  • 48806 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 03:04 PM

Thing is, if the tank mode isn't solid, you're literally doing it wrong. It's possible not to shove the front section far enough back, so that it fails to lock in place. If you're doing this step right, you have two solid blocks of tank that can only wiggle a little at the waist. The only nod the tread blocks make at one another is that the rear treads have a little hollow tab stretching out toward an area that could, if it were molded completely differently, have matching tabs to fit into the slots, and prevent the waist rotation.

#50314 Logicron

Logicron

• Citizen
  • 30474 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 06:24 PM

https://www.amiami.c...e=FIGURE-040552

MP BW Megatron looks pretty much perfect in both modes, though all his kibble is removable for some reason. I don't mean it's designed to pop off if excessive force is applied, there's a pic in this official gallery that literally advertises it as a feature.

i1NDBRh.jpg

#50315 Princess Viola

Princess Viola
  • Supporter
  • 25963 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 06:31 PM

There's an episode of Beast Wars where Megatron appears sans kibble throughout most of it, it's a reference to that.

dznwjievmaanw90kooil.png

#50316 Logicron

Logicron

• Citizen
  • 30474 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 06:58 PM

There's an episode of Beast Wars where Megatron appears sans kibble throughout most of it, it's a reference to that.

Wow, Takara really has to cram every reference into their MPs, don't they.

i1NDBRh.jpg

#50317 Princess Viola

Princess Viola
  • Supporter
  • 25963 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 07:05 PM

We're talking about the company who included a chest piece for MP Inferno that featured clear plastic supports so people could literally recreate this specific image from the cartoon:

AutoBerserk_Inferno_RedAlert_friendship.

Edited by Princess Viola, 24 February 2019 - 07:05 PM.

dznwjievmaanw90kooil.png

#50318 Logicron

Logicron

• Citizen
  • 30474 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 07:15 PM

We're talking about the company who included a chest piece for MP Inferno that featured clear plastic supports so people could literally recreate this specific image from the cartoon:

Maybe some one at Takara just really liked shipping those two because of that scene.

Though removable kibble is a bit more than just an extra accessory.

Edited by Logicron, 24 February 2019 - 07:16 PM.

i1NDBRh.jpg

#50319 TheMightyMollusk

TheMightyMollusk

• Supporter
  • 43600 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 07:35 PM

There was also that opening scene in the first episode where everyone is in "protoform", aka "remove obvious beast kibble and keep 'em in deep shadows so nobody notices".

Which used up their allotment of shadows for 90% of the series.

#50320 Foffy

Foffy
  • Citizen
  • 8605 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 08:00 PM

AutoBerserk_Inferno_RedAlert_friendship.

Okay but that image rules

12 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users