Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 August 2020 - 02:47 AM)

Fake news, no shinobi.

@  Sabrblade : (13 August 2020 - 10:31 PM)

Turns out the President set the whole thing up as a publicity stunt. Very rude.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (13 August 2020 - 08:11 PM)

The ninjas will go away, it will be fine.

@  Paladin : (13 August 2020 - 08:02 PM)

listen; i'm sure there were very fine ninjas on both sides.

@  TheMightyMol... : (13 August 2020 - 07:50 PM)

My thoughts and prayers go out to the ninjas.

@  Cybersnark : (13 August 2020 - 06:36 PM)

Can we just let them have him?

@  Bass X0 : (13 August 2020 - 06:18 PM)

The president has been kidnapped by ninjas. Are you a bad enough dude to rescue the president?

@  Otaku : (13 August 2020 - 03:08 PM)

At first, I obviously thought I was correct.  Then I thought perhaps the spelling had changed for some reason.  Copyright/trademark law is weird, ya know?  Now I just accept I goofed. XD

@  Otaku : (13 August 2020 - 03:07 PM)

See, that one directly applies to me.  Apparently, I'd been misreading and mispronouncing it wrong for over 30 years... and I still slip and do it the wrong way much of the time.

@  Paladin : (13 August 2020 - 07:37 AM)

for the Internet age its the "Berenstain" Effect.

@  Bass X0 : (12 August 2020 - 01:49 PM)

Can you root for what The Rock is cooking!?

@  -LittleAutob... : (12 August 2020 - 10:35 AM)

sOmEoNe NoTiCeD-

@  wonko the sane? : (12 August 2020 - 07:37 AM)

I am the only one rooting for the rock these days?

@  Maximus Ambus : (12 August 2020 - 12:37 AM)

Sour grapes for the next decade until Apophis hits.

@  Hg Dragon : (11 August 2020 - 11:26 PM)

Thank yoo for vatching hydroolic pthress chan-nel.

@  Hg Dragon : (11 August 2020 - 11:19 PM)

Hey, do you have any grapes?

@  Otaku : (11 August 2020 - 05:18 PM)

I dunno... it sounds kind of quackers to me.

@  -LittleAutob... : (11 August 2020 - 05:17 PM)

That would be nice....

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 August 2020 - 04:36 PM)

I wish I could just sit by a pond and watch ducks for a while.

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 August 2020 - 03:52 AM)

Others say Joe sat down at this pond next to these ducks but really there's just no place in this world for an old man and his ducks.

@  Nevermore : (10 August 2020 - 06:48 PM)

Even worse when I can produce those verifiable facts at a later point, and then the other person simply claims the argument was the other way round (as in, I was actually arguing their position and vice versa).

@  Nevermore : (10 August 2020 - 06:47 PM)

I can argue with people about my versus their memory of events when verifiable facts are not readily available, though, and I get really annoyed when I'm capable of presenting a precise, step-by-step summary with multiple key points that can be used for future verification, and the other person just goes "nope, wrong" without going into detail.

@  Nevermore : (10 August 2020 - 06:45 PM)

I forget things, and I misremember things. But when presented with verifiable facts, my reaction is more like "Huh, could have sworn it was like that", not "this reality is not my own".

@  Nevermore : (10 August 2020 - 06:43 PM)

I have an extremely good memory (which I have proven time and again), and even I can be mistaken.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (10 August 2020 - 06:40 PM)

Might be worth pointing out that it only became "Mandela Effect" and not just "I remembered this wrong" when a conspiracy theorist insisted it was proof of alternate timelines.

@  Otaku : (10 August 2020 - 06:29 PM)

Incorrectly remembering Nelson Mandela's fate may be uniquely American... but is it really that strange to get South African political history wrong when you're no where near South Africa?

@  Otaku : (10 August 2020 - 06:29 PM)

I always assumed the Mandela Effect was a "human thing", not an American thing.

@  wonko the sane? : (10 August 2020 - 02:03 PM)

Then there are people who outright manufacture memories for whatever reason.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (10 August 2020 - 01:13 PM)

The human brain is so flaky that it is extremely unlikely that a given person does NOT have any false memories.

@  OverDrive73 : (10 August 2020 - 01:05 PM)

Perhaps it's simple word association the movie Sinbad and then our minds apply the same memories to a man named Sinbad.

@  OverDrive73 : (10 August 2020 - 01:04 PM)

The Mandela Effect is the same as people remembering Sinbad in a movie where he played a genie... Of which he never did.

@  MidnightFox : (10 August 2020 - 09:36 AM)

People that believe Mandela Effect things would rather come up with any number of reasons as to why their version doesn't have any actual evidence(like alternate timelines collapsing into our own) than just admit they remembered something wrong

@  MidnightFox : (10 August 2020 - 09:35 AM)

Sort of. It's more that when presented with a verifiable fact, they double down because it's what they believe instead of changing their minds

@  ▲ndrusi : (10 August 2020 - 09:25 AM)

"I could have sworn that ______."

@  ▲ndrusi : (10 August 2020 - 09:25 AM)

I'm not arguing with either of those two statements, but they're not really connected. Mandela Effect is, to oversimplify, people being widely mistaken about what they think *is* a verifiable fact. Nothing to do with opinions.

@  MidnightFox : (10 August 2020 - 08:52 AM)

Pretty sure the Mandela Effect in general is an American thing. Opinion > Verifiable Facts is sadly a pretty American thing

@  Nevermore : (10 August 2020 - 04:27 AM)

Ask these people how Apartheid ended according to their recollection, and I'm sure they'll draw a blank.

@  Nevermore : (10 August 2020 - 04:25 AM)

You got two black anti-Apartheid activists who were imprisoned by the oppressive regime. One died, the other was Nelson Mandela. It's not a far stretch that Americans who don't know many details about the history of other countries would mix up the two.

@  Nevermore : (10 August 2020 - 04:24 AM)

My own theory is that these people are simply mixing up Nelson Mandela and Steve Biko, another South African anti-Apartheid activist, who did indeed die in police custody in 1977. There was an Oscar-nominated movie about his life starring Denzel Washington that came out in 1987, the same time frame these people claim remembering Mandela dying.

@  Nevermore : (10 August 2020 - 04:17 AM)

I met a few people from South Africa, and they either never heard of the phenomenon at all, or only know of it from the internet. Apparently, it's completely unknown in South Africa, and it might even be entirely limited to the United States.

@  Nevermore : (10 August 2020 - 04:16 AM)

So does anyone remember the "Mandela Effect"? I'm talking specifically about the original case where many people vividly remember Nelson Mandela dying in prison in the 1980s.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (10 August 2020 - 03:16 AM)

Crisis of Corona.

@  TheMightyMol... : (09 August 2020 - 06:16 PM)

Which crisis crossover are we on now? I lost track.

@  Rycochet : (09 August 2020 - 05:18 PM)

Much of the past decade has been the part of the comic series where less than stellar authors have driven the series into the ground and the editors are getting ready to either do a big multi issue crossover, leading to a reboot.

@  Bass X0 : (09 August 2020 - 02:28 PM)

At this point I've just decided to consider 2020 "not canon."

@  TheMightyMol... : (09 August 2020 - 02:18 PM)

'member Pepperidge Farm?

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 August 2020 - 02:10 PM)

Before the 'member berries there was Pepperidge farm. Pepperidge farm remembers.

@  OverDrive73 : (09 August 2020 - 12:21 PM)

>>>Shameless Plug<<< FYI. posted the last part of Quest for Tires in Allspark Pictures

@  SG Roadbuster : (08 August 2020 - 01:53 PM)

@Nevermore yes.

@  Nevermore : (08 August 2020 - 09:11 AM)

Is $30 a good deal for Subscription Service Breakdown?

Photo
* * * * - 11 votes

Transformers Swimsuit Edition: Long Time No Seacon! King Poseidon Bares All!

Cheap babby toys for babbys wrong opinions horrible taste Overpriced repaints Bludgeon was here #TeamTrypticon Bayhem Red Swoop

58695 replies to this topic

#58201 Princess Viola

Princess Viola
  • Supporter
  • 30013 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 12 July 2020 - 04:06 PM

'improved'

dznwjievmaanw90kooil.png

#58202 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

*Vader breathing*

• Administrator
  • 40861 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 12 July 2020 - 04:38 PM

Ankle tilts and a waist joint. It's not nothing.

B5ofTKU.jpg

#58203 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Thighs should be seductive.

• Supporter
  • 51685 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 12 July 2020 - 04:57 PM

The T30 has a surprisingly deep elbow and knee crunch without the knee having to unnaturally explode. In a robot Barbie, those are pretty significant articulation features. 

Shouldn't gravity be doing something?

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#58204 Princess Viola

Princess Viola
  • Supporter
  • 30013 posts

Posted 12 July 2020 - 06:14 PM

sky-lynx: i am the most magnificent transformer ever created!!

also sky-lynx:

Ecwvh22XYAIKGnw.png

dznwjievmaanw90kooil.png

#58205 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7718 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 12 July 2020 - 06:23 PM

In terms of the robot mode, I think Eric ERRC looks better than T30 in just about every way, though obviously the backpack is pretty hilarious. 

In terms of the var mode... ehhh, I don't care. 

The ultimate takeaway of course remains Well, if you want an official G1-flavoured Arcee toy you have options now. A relatively short time ago that would have been a crazy thing to say. 

For me the other takeaway is stop making Arcees and give me a good Generations Strongarm. 

WsuGTl1.jpg

#58206 unluckiness

unluckiness

Kazuma desu

• Citizen
  • 20325 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 12 July 2020 - 06:48 PM

As long as they leave out the oven mitts every toy of her seemed to have. Itd be nice to have a version of that general design that wasnt you know, a RID toy

Edited by unluckiness, 12 July 2020 - 06:51 PM.

XgxCpmP.png

#58207 Logicron

Logicron

Officially Licensed Kaizo Hack

• Citizen
  • 35261 posts

Posted 12 July 2020 - 08:30 PM

sky-lynx: i am the most magnificent transformer ever created!!

also sky-lynx:

To be fair, there's plenty of real life people who are so narcissistic, they're completely unaware of how awful they look.

#58208 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

• Supporter
  • 51685 posts

Posted 12 July 2020 - 08:54 PM

In terms of the robot mode, I think Eric ERRC looks better than T30 in just about every way, though obviously the backpack is pretty hilarious. 

I guess I'm unfairly comparing the ER to the Legends deco of the T30. The Gens version manages to look pretty unfinished and messy. I still just can't get over how simplistic the ER looks next to that.

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#58209 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

*Vader breathing*

• Administrator
  • 40861 posts

Posted 12 July 2020 - 11:14 PM

I guess I'm unfairly comparing the ER to the Legends deco of the T30.

I'm bored so here's my attempt at a premium painted ER Arcee, with the backpack's backpack attached for maximum fairness here.

YiwnaqM.jpg

B5ofTKU.jpg

#58210 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

• Supporter
  • 51685 posts

Posted 12 July 2020 - 11:22 PM

Huh. Yeah, okay, that works. I'm unduly bothered by the debris of the cut joint in the thighs, but the proportions and detailing really do look better on balance, setting the backpacks aside.

Edited by Copper Bezel, 12 July 2020 - 11:23 PM.

#58211 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7718 posts

Posted 13 July 2020 - 12:44 AM

Those thigh joints are definitely a valid concern (though personally I'm not fond of the alternative's thigh boots either). Even then I definitely prefer Earthrise - or I think I do from the photos, I may be proven wrong. For my money the T30 mold has some weird stuff going on particularly around the neck/upper chest/shoulders that seems tidier on ER. I like the ER head sculpt a lot more, and that alone would easily break a tie for me. 

I wasn't even planning to buy ER Arcee because I just didn't think I needed another one when she and T30 are so similar*. But studying pictures for this discussion has convinced me I do need to buy the new one. Rats!

*Mind you, there's about an 85% chance I'd have bought her anyway the second I saw her in a store. NEW TRANSFORMERS WOOOOOOOOO always seems to win, even over "do I actually need that ugly, pointless toy of a character I hate?"

WsuGTl1.jpg

#58212 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

*Vader breathing*

• Administrator
  • 40861 posts

Posted 13 July 2020 - 01:07 AM

This is why ER Arcee is pushing my good bad toy buttons. I appreciate what T30/Legends accomplished, but everywhere you look the proportions are subtly (and sometimes not so subtly) off one way or another.  ER Arcee had some real effort and good intentions put into getting the proportions right, at the expense of an interesting transformation. And in even more fairness, that lazy transformation does attempt the original car mode, while T30/Legends goes for something easier and still uses a pretty big backpack to do it. ER Arcee is more ambitious than it initially appears.

If they painted it like this it would have utterly killed the Masterpiece.

B5ofTKU.jpg

#58213 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

• Supporter
  • 51685 posts

Posted 13 July 2020 - 01:22 AM

Ehhhh, the T30 alt mode seems to have closer proportions to the original. ER copies the surface detailing onto a soap bar. And no matter how many times you say it, I'm not going to pretend that copying things exactly is ambition - T30 was all about the minor updates, making things a little sleeker and adding a layer here and there, trying to get something out of the old designs instead of just projectile vomiting them.

#58214 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

Aligned Continuity Beauty

• Supporter
  • 63290 posts

Posted 13 July 2020 - 03:00 AM

there are aspects of the earthrise one I like better and worse when compared to the precombiner wars mold, sadly for me -since I'm not one of these guys who can only rationalize having one version of a character at a time -type of collector, I'm bound to likely pick her up on first contact.

same with the cyberverse version. 

Distribution is the only linchpin that has any sway over this... Combiner wars Skylinx not coming out up here for example -has saved me from double dipping there... but believe me I'd been watching amazon and ebay up until the new version was announced XD.

but anywho... ERarcee not being perfect isn't going to stop me from picking her up... addiction is weird like that XD   

#58215 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7718 posts

Posted 13 July 2020 - 06:01 AM

Hopefully we can at least all agree that the MP is the worst possible Arcee.

WsuGTl1.jpg

#58216 TheMightyMollusk

TheMightyMollusk

Our defiance drives us straight to the edge

• Supporter
  • 47750 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 13 July 2020 - 06:03 AM

Depending on how this one destroys itself. MPs don't have a great track record lately.

#58217 Corgis Pal

Corgis Pal

I don't need a rationale to sing The Internationale

• Supporter
  • 6216 posts

Posted 13 July 2020 - 01:18 PM

QUICK WE NEED TO DECIDE WHO MAVERICKS BOYFRIEND IS SO THEY CAN PLAY VOLLEYBALL TOGETHER.

#58218 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

Aligned Continuity Beauty

• Supporter
  • 63290 posts

Posted 13 July 2020 - 02:43 PM

clearly it's movie Nitro Zeus 

#58219 TheMightyMollusk

TheMightyMollusk

Our defiance drives us straight to the edge

• Supporter
  • 47750 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 13 July 2020 - 03:36 PM

https://hasbropulse....-maverick-robot

Wow that looks bland.

#58220 GodSentinelOmega

GodSentinelOmega

Holy Electric Boogaloo Batman! I think

• Staff
  • 14583 posts

Posted 13 July 2020 - 03:39 PM

I love a good F-14. Gonna have to get this.

fslookup.jpg

20 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 19 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)