Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Bass X0 : (16 July 2020 - 09:43 AM)

Circuit-breaker '84, this is Megatron's rubber duck. We've got ourselves a Rodimus Convoy. Do you copy? Over.

@  fourteenwings : (16 July 2020 - 07:06 AM)

I'm not going to sit here and bicker with you. I've made my point very clear and have nothing more to say on the issue.

@  ▲ndrusi : (16 July 2020 - 07:00 AM)

I can't do anything to prevent hurricanes either but it'd be absurd to suggest I therefore shouldn't talk about them.

@  fourteenwings : (16 July 2020 - 06:57 AM)

Basically neither you nor I even like South Park anyways so the best you can do is leave it alone rather than suggest it is corrupting hearts and minds.

@  ▲ndrusi : (16 July 2020 - 06:55 AM)

In that case I'm... not sure what the point is?

@  fourteenwings : (16 July 2020 - 06:53 AM)

Nobody should be taking their morals from South Park. You can't prevent people from doing it. It's an artistic work with fans. I don't think I'm off-track.

@  ▲ndrusi : (16 July 2020 - 06:51 AM)

As far as I can tell you just of course'd the thing you were poopooing...

@  fourteenwings : (16 July 2020 - 06:47 AM)

Also, this is starting to get a bit too serious for the shoutbox (though it already was)

@  fourteenwings : (16 July 2020 - 06:47 AM)

"It's that they're internalizing the overall attitude that the writers display through the show's writing." Of course, that's South Park's "artistic" style. It's what South Park's audience wants, and that's okay.

@  ▲ndrusi : (16 July 2020 - 06:47 AM)

You can probably finish the sentence "I got 50% of my sense of humor from" with the name of some fictional work.

@  fourteenwings : (16 July 2020 - 06:45 AM)

And it still wouldn't be S.W.A.T.'ss or Grey's Anatomy's or South Park's fault.

@  ▲ndrusi : (16 July 2020 - 06:45 AM)

The idea isn't that people are taking South Park's in-universe parody moral lessons seriously (though as Nevermore points out, you can't safely assume that isn't also happening). It's that they're internalizing the overall attitude that the writers display through the show's writing.

@  fourteenwings : (16 July 2020 - 06:45 AM)

"People say" those people are right, and you should listen to them. We can't protect people from themselves, but you can advise them well.

@  Nevermore : (16 July 2020 - 06:27 AM)

So many medical disasters because someone took what they saw on a hospital show at face value.

@  Nevermore : (16 July 2020 - 06:25 AM)

So many people who think police and court procedure works like it does in Hollywood, and act accordingly. Sometimes to their own disadvantage, sometimes just to the frustration of well-meaning authorities.

@  Nevermore : (16 July 2020 - 06:24 AM)

People say "you shouldn't take your morals from a TV show" all the time, but regardless of how these people want things to work doesn't mean other people aren't doing it anyways.

@  fourteenwings : (16 July 2020 - 06:01 AM)

And I mean, if you're looking for a 1950s conservative position on something, it's certainly that a TV show is rotting children's minds.

@  fourteenwings : (16 July 2020 - 06:00 AM)

Conservatives are not hiding under the bed waiting to ruin... uh... Family Guy of all things? And like, nobody should be taking their morals from South Park. Expecting such things is impractical.

@  Maximus Ambus : (16 July 2020 - 01:10 AM)

It was just the cartoon with those foul mouthed kids in the UK until that bubble burst after the movie. Reviewers joked the movies target audience would be unable to see it for the rating.

@  Paladin : (15 July 2020 - 05:14 PM)

see also: "South Park." the show that poisoned a generation by teaching them "it's stupid to feel for other people."

@  Rycochet : (15 July 2020 - 11:04 AM)

'Take that! People who care about things!'

@  Rycochet : (15 July 2020 - 11:02 AM)

With Brian, he stopped being the voice of reason and started to be the right wing notion of a liberal, someone who's lazy, pretentious, doesn't work at anything, is every bit as abusive as the rest of the cast and only wins arguments with strawmen.

@  Otaku : (15 July 2020 - 10:56 AM)

Of course, I stopped enjoying Family Guy around that time, so my bias is clear. XP

@  Otaku : (15 July 2020 - 10:54 AM)

Is it because they changed or we changed?  Stuff that was charming, or at least, funny at first can get really annoying the longer you know a person... and I find that can go for fictional characters as well.

@  ▲ndrusi : (15 July 2020 - 08:03 AM)

familyguyjar.png

@  Maximus Ambus : (15 July 2020 - 03:45 AM)

One example is Family Guy where around season 8 Brian is suddenly reviled by everyone and has acted way out of character since.

@  Maximus Ambus : (15 July 2020 - 03:44 AM)

My least favorite thing in fiction is when it changes hands so you get a author, writer or showrunner who hates a character or messes with a arc/layout.

@  Sabrblade : (14 July 2020 - 06:02 PM)

You'll shoot yer eye out, kid.

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 July 2020 - 04:36 PM)

I shot the sheriff.

@  ▲ndrusi : (14 July 2020 - 04:24 PM)

han wasn't even in the movie until later

@  ▲ndrusi : (14 July 2020 - 04:23 PM)

the stormtroopers shot first

@  Sabrblade : (14 July 2020 - 03:33 PM)

Maclunkey

@  Paladin : (14 July 2020 - 06:18 AM)

the correct answwer to "who shot first" will always be "Harrison Ford if he ever hears that hugging question again."

@  Maximus Ambus : (14 July 2020 - 12:25 AM)

Han shot first. Plain and simple.

@  -LittleAutob... : (13 July 2020 - 06:21 PM)

\(-_-)

@  Bass X0 : (13 July 2020 - 05:26 PM)

"Here's a little---whatever. A little thing. A disclosure. An insight. Revisionism---I've always been fascinated by it. By the idea of a writer going back and altering things. Make no mistake: an edit is a profoundly aggressive act. As Froid once said, we grieve for the murdered word. If you want to get the measure of an author, don't look at what they've left on the page.... look at what they've taken away." -- Rung (MTMTE #28)

@  Verno : (11 July 2020 - 11:20 PM)

2021: :idea :rolleyes :p :D

@  -LittleAutob... : (11 July 2020 - 06:20 PM)

Perfection. :thumbsup

@  Patch : (11 July 2020 - 06:17 PM)

My plans:  :hmm  2020:  :)

@  -LittleAutob... : (11 July 2020 - 06:02 PM)

Our plans for 2020 were as amazing as Optimus Prime. But then 2020 came like Hot Rod.

@  -LittleAutob... : (11 July 2020 - 05:50 PM)

Indeed....

@  Bass X0 : (11 July 2020 - 05:40 PM)

"He who dies with the most toys wins."

@  Rycochet : (11 July 2020 - 01:11 PM)

Hey you, get moving, it's not too far, you're looking good so come as you are. Hey you, you never know what you'll see, when it's through that door with the 73.

@  Rycochet : (11 July 2020 - 01:10 PM)

Hey you, get ready, get on your feet. Get into gear and hit the street.

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 July 2020 - 12:46 PM)

I recall number 73 (old british show) discussing the Transformers movie and had the presenters trying to transform a few figures, one argued his deflated beach ball was a Transformer too.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (11 July 2020 - 08:03 AM)

And he's a big ball, but he's not the biggest ball of them all. (That'll be Pulse Unicron.)

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 July 2020 - 07:37 AM)

Trypticon so scared my Primus figure he turned into a ball.

@  ▲ndrusi : (09 July 2020 - 09:56 PM)

King Nine, however, will not return.

@  Bass X0 : (09 July 2020 - 05:05 PM)

Bass_X0 will return after these messages ^^^

@  TheMightyMol... : (09 July 2020 - 03:37 PM)

WHATAMIFIGHTINGFOOOOOOOOARRGH

Photo
* * * * - 11 votes

Transformers Swimsuit Edition: Long Time No Seacon! King Poseidon Bares All!

Cheap babby toys for babbys wrong opinions horrible taste Overpriced repaints Bludgeon was here #TeamTrypticon Bayhem Red Swoop

58278 replies to this topic

#54561 TheMightyMollusk

TheMightyMollusk

Our defiance drives us straight to the edge

• Supporter
  • 47445 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 16 November 2019 - 01:35 PM

I just call it Vehicle Voltron.
  • tec likes this

#54562 Logicron

Logicron

I WAS SUPPOSE TO HAVE COSMIC POWER

• Citizen
  • 34953 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 16 November 2019 - 01:43 PM

Better than calling it Voltron 1.

But Voltron I is literally the official name

No I don't get why they called the Voltron from the second season Voltron I and Lion Voltron Voltron III.

Well whoever made that decision is dumb and bad and now we're stuck calling it vehicle Voltron because the official name sucks.

#54563 Princess Viola

Princess Viola
  • Supporter
  • 29668 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 16 November 2019 - 02:01 PM

Better than calling it Voltron 1.

But Voltron I is literally the official name

No I don't get why they called the Voltron from the second season Voltron I and Lion Voltron Voltron III.

Well whoever made that decision is dumb and bad and now we're stuck calling it vehicle Voltron because the official name sucks.

I actually did a five minute google search and apparently Vehicle Voltron was 'the Voltron of the Near Universe' hence why the toys were marketed as 'Voltron I' and the Lion Voltron was 'the Voltron of the Far Universe' so it was Voltron III.

And then Voltron II was Albegas, which they never actually adapted since the lion one was so popular, but the toys were still released, so that probably would've been from the Middle Universe.

dznwjievmaanw90kooil.png

#54564 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Thighs should be seductive.

• Supporter
  • 51531 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 16 November 2019 - 03:30 PM

Same. It's the forgotten child. I tried watching a bit of it once, but barely got past giggling at all the forced references to the "robot" troops being killed and acknowledge that, oh, that's why Galaxy Garrison is a thing.

Shouldn't gravity be doing something?

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#54565 Princess Viola

Princess Viola
  • Supporter
  • 29668 posts

Posted 16 November 2019 - 03:54 PM

I kind of love the fact that to promote the SOC Dairugger XV, the entire anime is being uploaded to the Bandai Spirits YouTube channel.

With English subtitles

dznwjievmaanw90kooil.png

#54566 tec

tec

Did you see a ghost?

• Supporter
  • 32642 posts

Posted 16 November 2019 - 06:50 PM

So glad I got my pristine Vehicle Voltron complete its epic

Visit my store! Vintage toys (SW/ST/TFs Collectables)

www.vintagenerdvana.com

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

#54567 TheMightyMollusk

TheMightyMollusk

• Supporter
  • 47445 posts

Posted 16 November 2019 - 06:59 PM

Same. It's the forgotten child. I tried watching a bit of it once, but barely got past giggling at all the forced references to the "robot" troops being killed and acknowledge that, oh, that's why Galaxy Garrison is a thing.

I dunno, I feel like Albegas is the real forgotten one of the three. At least some people remember that Vehicle Voltron existed.

#54568 Logicron

Logicron

• Citizen
  • 34953 posts

Posted 16 November 2019 - 07:15 PM

The thing that always amused me about Dairugger is how it's pretty much just a robot that splits into 15 parts but for some reason, it has a pair of giant SUVs for feet and one of them almost looks like a real vehicle. It's like the designer was running out of time and had to rush the yellow one and then just used a photo of a real vehicle for the black one.

#54569 Princess Viola

Princess Viola
  • Supporter
  • 29668 posts

Posted 16 November 2019 - 07:37 PM

the fact that there was an unlicensed voltron toy that later was OFFICIALLY licensed still weirds me out

like imagine if hasbro did that or something with transformers

dznwjievmaanw90kooil.png

#54570 Logicron

Logicron

• Citizen
  • 34953 posts

Posted 16 November 2019 - 07:46 PM

like imagine if hasbro did that or something with transformers

"On second thought, this 3rd party Unicron is much better than the one we made"

#54571 unluckiness

unluckiness

Kazuma desu

• Citizen
  • 20297 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 16 November 2019 - 09:16 PM

9uOJ0U5.jpg

Looks like this thing's almost out. Not biting until I see the torso but it looks neat.

Lol at the mouth-foaming rage this pic has started with the geewunners though. The booklet states that there's only leg mode. This means that Blot might not be an arm and that's not kosher or something because geewun blahblah TFWiki image sucks blah blah. Like, just look at the thing. being slavish is clearly not part of the program. Not to mention that Sinnertwin's supposed to be a leg anyway. It doesn't say anything about what the other members form so they're mad at the mere possibility of something not being slavish.

Edited by unluckiness, 16 November 2019 - 09:18 PM.

XgxCpmP.png

#54572 tec

tec

Did you see a ghost?

• Supporter
  • 32642 posts

Posted 16 November 2019 - 10:15 PM

Meh Power of the Primes did it better

Visit my store! Vintage toys (SW/ST/TFs Collectables)

www.vintagenerdvana.com

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

#54573 unluckiness

unluckiness

Kazuma desu

• Citizen
  • 20297 posts

Posted 16 November 2019 - 11:15 PM

How the beast mode has practically zero expressive articulation was an inspired design choice.

Like, why would people want the beast mode with two heads and necks as a defining feature to be able to move them? Also not being a backwards stegosaurus lol

XgxCpmP.png

#54574 TheMightyMollusk

TheMightyMollusk

• Supporter
  • 47445 posts

Posted 17 November 2019 - 03:10 AM

Hasbro did it on a budget. 3Ps make you budget around them.

#54575 unluckiness

unluckiness

Kazuma desu

• Citizen
  • 20297 posts

Posted 17 November 2019 - 04:37 AM

I can respect that mindset. Its perfectly logical and true. Thats not what tec said though

Edited by unluckiness, 17 November 2019 - 04:47 AM.

XgxCpmP.png

#54576 Cabooceratops

Cabooceratops

Former Staff~

• Citizen
  • 22999 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 17 November 2019 - 04:45 AM

As nice as this is, I wanna see Sinnertwin take from the Beast Hunters transformation.
  • tec likes this

Like my art? I do commissions!! -> https://www.allspark...

#54577 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

Aligned Continuity Beauty

• Supporter
  • 63225 posts

Posted 17 November 2019 - 07:05 AM

I'll always miss the disproportionate stubby g1 arms ... but I don't want them on a new toy so I'm fine with either modern take 

#54578 unluckiness

unluckiness

Kazuma desu

• Citizen
  • 20297 posts

Posted 17 November 2019 - 07:29 AM

As nice as this is, I wanna see Sinnertwin take from the Beast Hunters transformation.

I'm not expecting any big changes aside from surface detailing on the robot modes, but the twin tails transforming into the knee spikes is a nice touch, as is how neither pair of robot limbs are beast limbs.

And even if the robot modes themselves hew closer to g1, the beast modes look to be reimagined enough to be cool in and of themselves. Demonic goblin shark Rippersnapper looked great in that early render

XgxCpmP.png

#54579 Logicron

Logicron

• Citizen
  • 34953 posts

Posted 17 November 2019 - 07:38 AM

I can respect that mindset. Its perfectly logical and true. Thats not what tec said though

It's probably not what Tec meant but to me, 3P five man combiners don't feel like proper updates unless the limbs can become both arms and legs. Otherwise it's just a big expensive display piece.

#54580 GodSentinelOmega

GodSentinelOmega

Holy Electric Boogaloo Batman! I think

• Staff
  • 14467 posts

Posted 17 November 2019 - 09:54 AM

Is it POTP Rippersnapper or Sinnertwin who has the really thin, potentially breakable combiner peghole. Because thats whats held me back from getting POTP Abominus.

This 3p looks good amd, honestly, the abilty, or lack of, scramble city arms/leg mode options doesn't bother me. If they can, cool. If not, they're five good figures (sometimes) that form one bigger dude.

fslookup.jpg

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users