Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 August 2020 - 02:47 AM)

Fake news, no shinobi.

@  Sabrblade : (13 August 2020 - 10:31 PM)

Turns out the President set the whole thing up as a publicity stunt. Very rude.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (13 August 2020 - 08:11 PM)

The ninjas will go away, it will be fine.

@  Paladin : (13 August 2020 - 08:02 PM)

listen; i'm sure there were very fine ninjas on both sides.

@  TheMightyMol... : (13 August 2020 - 07:50 PM)

My thoughts and prayers go out to the ninjas.

@  Cybersnark : (13 August 2020 - 06:36 PM)

Can we just let them have him?

@  Bass X0 : (13 August 2020 - 06:18 PM)

The president has been kidnapped by ninjas. Are you a bad enough dude to rescue the president?

@  Otaku : (13 August 2020 - 03:08 PM)

At first, I obviously thought I was correct.  Then I thought perhaps the spelling had changed for some reason.  Copyright/trademark law is weird, ya know?  Now I just accept I goofed. XD

@  Otaku : (13 August 2020 - 03:07 PM)

See, that one directly applies to me.  Apparently, I'd been misreading and mispronouncing it wrong for over 30 years... and I still slip and do it the wrong way much of the time.

@  Paladin : (13 August 2020 - 07:37 AM)

for the Internet age its the "Berenstain" Effect.

@  Bass X0 : (12 August 2020 - 01:49 PM)

Can you root for what The Rock is cooking!?

@  -LittleAutob... : (12 August 2020 - 10:35 AM)

sOmEoNe NoTiCeD-

@  wonko the sane? : (12 August 2020 - 07:37 AM)

I am the only one rooting for the rock these days?

@  Maximus Ambus : (12 August 2020 - 12:37 AM)

Sour grapes for the next decade until Apophis hits.

@  Hg Dragon : (11 August 2020 - 11:26 PM)

Thank yoo for vatching hydroolic pthress chan-nel.

@  Hg Dragon : (11 August 2020 - 11:19 PM)

Hey, do you have any grapes?

@  Otaku : (11 August 2020 - 05:18 PM)

I dunno... it sounds kind of quackers to me.

@  -LittleAutob... : (11 August 2020 - 05:17 PM)

That would be nice....

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 August 2020 - 04:36 PM)

I wish I could just sit by a pond and watch ducks for a while.

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 August 2020 - 03:52 AM)

Others say Joe sat down at this pond next to these ducks but really there's just no place in this world for an old man and his ducks.

@  Nevermore : (10 August 2020 - 06:48 PM)

Even worse when I can produce those verifiable facts at a later point, and then the other person simply claims the argument was the other way round (as in, I was actually arguing their position and vice versa).

@  Nevermore : (10 August 2020 - 06:47 PM)

I can argue with people about my versus their memory of events when verifiable facts are not readily available, though, and I get really annoyed when I'm capable of presenting a precise, step-by-step summary with multiple key points that can be used for future verification, and the other person just goes "nope, wrong" without going into detail.

@  Nevermore : (10 August 2020 - 06:45 PM)

I forget things, and I misremember things. But when presented with verifiable facts, my reaction is more like "Huh, could have sworn it was like that", not "this reality is not my own".

@  Nevermore : (10 August 2020 - 06:43 PM)

I have an extremely good memory (which I have proven time and again), and even I can be mistaken.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (10 August 2020 - 06:40 PM)

Might be worth pointing out that it only became "Mandela Effect" and not just "I remembered this wrong" when a conspiracy theorist insisted it was proof of alternate timelines.

@  Otaku : (10 August 2020 - 06:29 PM)

Incorrectly remembering Nelson Mandela's fate may be uniquely American... but is it really that strange to get South African political history wrong when you're no where near South Africa?

@  Otaku : (10 August 2020 - 06:29 PM)

I always assumed the Mandela Effect was a "human thing", not an American thing.

@  wonko the sane? : (10 August 2020 - 02:03 PM)

Then there are people who outright manufacture memories for whatever reason.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (10 August 2020 - 01:13 PM)

The human brain is so flaky that it is extremely unlikely that a given person does NOT have any false memories.

@  OverDrive73 : (10 August 2020 - 01:05 PM)

Perhaps it's simple word association the movie Sinbad and then our minds apply the same memories to a man named Sinbad.

@  OverDrive73 : (10 August 2020 - 01:04 PM)

The Mandela Effect is the same as people remembering Sinbad in a movie where he played a genie... Of which he never did.

@  MidnightFox : (10 August 2020 - 09:36 AM)

People that believe Mandela Effect things would rather come up with any number of reasons as to why their version doesn't have any actual evidence(like alternate timelines collapsing into our own) than just admit they remembered something wrong

@  MidnightFox : (10 August 2020 - 09:35 AM)

Sort of. It's more that when presented with a verifiable fact, they double down because it's what they believe instead of changing their minds

@  ▲ndrusi : (10 August 2020 - 09:25 AM)

"I could have sworn that ______."

@  ▲ndrusi : (10 August 2020 - 09:25 AM)

I'm not arguing with either of those two statements, but they're not really connected. Mandela Effect is, to oversimplify, people being widely mistaken about what they think *is* a verifiable fact. Nothing to do with opinions.

@  MidnightFox : (10 August 2020 - 08:52 AM)

Pretty sure the Mandela Effect in general is an American thing. Opinion > Verifiable Facts is sadly a pretty American thing

@  Nevermore : (10 August 2020 - 04:27 AM)

Ask these people how Apartheid ended according to their recollection, and I'm sure they'll draw a blank.

@  Nevermore : (10 August 2020 - 04:25 AM)

You got two black anti-Apartheid activists who were imprisoned by the oppressive regime. One died, the other was Nelson Mandela. It's not a far stretch that Americans who don't know many details about the history of other countries would mix up the two.

@  Nevermore : (10 August 2020 - 04:24 AM)

My own theory is that these people are simply mixing up Nelson Mandela and Steve Biko, another South African anti-Apartheid activist, who did indeed die in police custody in 1977. There was an Oscar-nominated movie about his life starring Denzel Washington that came out in 1987, the same time frame these people claim remembering Mandela dying.

@  Nevermore : (10 August 2020 - 04:17 AM)

I met a few people from South Africa, and they either never heard of the phenomenon at all, or only know of it from the internet. Apparently, it's completely unknown in South Africa, and it might even be entirely limited to the United States.

@  Nevermore : (10 August 2020 - 04:16 AM)

So does anyone remember the "Mandela Effect"? I'm talking specifically about the original case where many people vividly remember Nelson Mandela dying in prison in the 1980s.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (10 August 2020 - 03:16 AM)

Crisis of Corona.

@  TheMightyMol... : (09 August 2020 - 06:16 PM)

Which crisis crossover are we on now? I lost track.

@  Rycochet : (09 August 2020 - 05:18 PM)

Much of the past decade has been the part of the comic series where less than stellar authors have driven the series into the ground and the editors are getting ready to either do a big multi issue crossover, leading to a reboot.

@  Bass X0 : (09 August 2020 - 02:28 PM)

At this point I've just decided to consider 2020 "not canon."

@  TheMightyMol... : (09 August 2020 - 02:18 PM)

'member Pepperidge Farm?

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 August 2020 - 02:10 PM)

Before the 'member berries there was Pepperidge farm. Pepperidge farm remembers.

@  OverDrive73 : (09 August 2020 - 12:21 PM)

>>>Shameless Plug<<< FYI. posted the last part of Quest for Tires in Allspark Pictures

@  SG Roadbuster : (08 August 2020 - 01:53 PM)

@Nevermore yes.

@  Nevermore : (08 August 2020 - 09:11 AM)

Is $30 a good deal for Subscription Service Breakdown?

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Allspark Fitness Project 2014!

workoutrun TRX exercise healthy skinny lifting get big weight loss cardio

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1048 replies to this topic

#61 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7818 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:10 AM

I usually listen to music or do things like 3 hour workouts. I get to tired to dwell on whats got me down.

#62 NICK NEMESIS

NICK NEMESIS
  • Supporter
  • 17908 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:15 AM

Chocolate can make you feel good but when it wears off you can feel worse than before you ate it.

Its tricky
Http://www.scatterville.com

#63 NICK NEMESIS

NICK NEMESIS
  • Supporter
  • 17908 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:17 AM

And if you're upset, or pissed or just bummed up, running is a great way to take out that aggression and anger. Makes you feel better and you're actually helping your body too.

#64 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 43611 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:56 PM

Alright, so I've managed to do at least 6 minutes on the stepper every day since sunday. I intend to do at least one session (of a minimum of 6 minutes.) every day through this month (then I might switch to weekends off.) but I did 6.5 today, and it feels good.

Actually, I didn't expect to feel quite so GOOD after not even a week, but a few of my problems went away almost immediately after putting serious effort into it. I don't get legs cramps at night any more, no more heartburn before bed, I don't actually feel half as munchy during the day, I'm sleeping better and I don't quite as depressed. I know some of my problems won't magically go away with a work out, but I do feel better.

Except right now, I just finished and right now I am tired as hug.

Per Nick Nemesis's Suggestion: I hate everything.

#65 NICK NEMESIS

NICK NEMESIS
  • Supporter
  • 17908 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 03:17 PM

Giving your body time to heal is just as important. If you feel exhausted, let yourself recover. I'm not saying you won't, but I used to try and muscle through everything and I'd burn out real quick and not do anything for months. Epic fail

#66 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Administrator
  • 40333 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 05:01 PM

http://www.wimp.com/womangym/

This is kind of a neat idea.

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#67 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7818 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 05:06 PM

I will check the link when I get home, on my phone at work. Just wanted to throw this out there for rest and recovery:

RICE

Rest
Ice
Compression
Elevation

#68 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 9224 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 01:11 AM

Rice is carbs!

I thought the link would be an all women's gym thing, haha. That was a nice video though. I hope she carried on and gets the shape she wants. She was able to do a lot.

I went back to the gym after my chocolate bit and, yeah, I felt much better after doing chest and arms. I'll try to go back today so I can get out of my funk instead of vice versa (ala waiting to cheer up so I could work out. It's the work out that makes me feel better, after all).

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

#69 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7818 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 07:37 PM

You saw the rest of the post though right?  RICE is the acronym.  

Had a full body workout for PT this morning.  Feeling a bit better today, drank 2 L of OJ last night and got about 9 hours of sleep.  Will get another good nights rest tonight and prob do some Cardio tomorrow at the gym.  

#70 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 9224 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 11:56 PM

I did, just didn't put a :) then, urgh. Reading Is Certainly Essential.

Need to eat more for energy.

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

#71 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7818 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 12:32 AM

What is your current diet like?

#72 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 9224 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:39 AM

Tried eating just fruit (good) and cereal (not so good) for two days but kinda left me with no energy to work out but I dunno if it's that or cuz I was feeling down or lazy. Either way, I still need protein to rebuild muscle anyhow so gotta eat.

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

Episodes here

#73 NICK NEMESIS

NICK NEMESIS
  • Supporter
  • 17908 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 11:53 AM

Or just buy some powdered whey protein and mix yourself up something tastey.

#74 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 43611 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 02:23 PM

7 minutes and only 1 break! Getting better.

#75 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7818 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 04:11 PM

Yes, you need to eat better than that. Ideally you should be having 6 healthy meals a day

Breakfast: bowl of cereal, piece of fruit, 8-10oz glass of milk
Snack: piece of fruit or bowl of cottage cheese, 8-120z water
Lunch: sandwhich, piece of fruit, 8-12oz water
Snack: piece of fruit or bowl of cottage cheese, 8-12oz water
Dinner: 8oz protien(beef, chicken or fish), 1 serving veggies, 1 serving carbs, 8-10oz glass milk
Snack: piece of fruit or bowl of cottage cheese, 8-12oz water

This is just kind of a generic meal plan. Everything you eat should be 1 serving size. 1 serving size = the palm of your hand or the size of a clenched fist. This may seem like a lot of eating but it really isn't. What this will do is coupled with a healthy exercise plan boost your metabolism.

Another way to jump start your metabolism everyday is first thing when you wake up, drink an 8-10oz glass of ice cold water. I put it in an earlier post, but the reason is the body will use energy to warm the water up to its natural temp before being able to use it. It may not be a huge calorie burn, but it can increase your daily burn by 10% drinking cold water vs room temp water.  

Obviously there are more snack size foods you can have instead of cottage cheese or a piece of fruit.  Just make sure that it is a healthy snack.  If you wanted to throw a protein bar in there, by all means go ahead. Just make sure that it is only 1.  If you start doing 2 protein bars a day, plus a protein shake after workouts and you are having big proteins at breakfast, lunch and dinner you might find yourself farting more, having bubble guts or pooping more and it not being very solid.  Cut back on your amounts of protein.  This is a side affect from in taking to much.  

Things to remember with protein.  I like to use the BSN Syntha 6 line of proteins.  Their Isolate is an instant release into your body, good for after a workout to feed your body.  Their regular line is a slower, time released system that feeds your body for up to 8hrs.  This is also the difference between Whey and Casein proteins.  I plan on switching to Muscle Pharms Combat powder just to try something new on my payday so I will let everybody know my thoughts on it.   

If you decide you want to start buying protein, Avoid GNC if you can.  I find that everytime I go in there all they ever try to sell me is their GNC brand.  I think its because they get more a commision off of it when it gets rang up at the counter.  It really pisses me off.   

Good job on the gains Wonko! Keep it up!

Edited by Darth_Prime, 11 January 2014 - 04:32 PM.

#76 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7818 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:34 AM

Here are 2 articles I just found on protein consumption:

Optimal Protein Intake:

http://www.muscleand...e-muscle-growth

Protein Consumption @ Quality Impact Body Comp:

http://www.muscleand...ody-composition

Hope everybody's weekends is treating them well!  I pretty much just laid on the couch yesterday.  Tried a few times to get up and go run and just couldn't find the energy.  Hate having this cold!  Today, I'm going to the gym, I don't care how I feel after.  I plan on at least 40 min of cardio plus 1 exercise per body part.  

*edit* Just wanted to add this on here for anybody who may be new to our page.  Don't think that this page is just about losing weight and getting skinny.  For those of you who like to bulk up and add on big muscles, this is for you as well.

Edited by Darth_Prime, 12 January 2014 - 12:03 PM.

#77 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 43611 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:59 AM

I'mma still watch what I eat today and try to take a walk, but I'm skipping the stepper today, me legs are sore and tired.

#78 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7818 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:06 PM

That's good though dude, we all need those rest days built in.  Do you take any kind of recovery supplements?  

#79 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 43611 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:36 PM

Not really. I take a daily multivitamin, and a vitamin C supplement (only because its winter.). When I was biking daily I would take a glucosamine supplement once every other day, but not seriously.

#80 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7818 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:46 PM

Should consider taking a protein drink and/or looking into a BCAA mix. BSN makes Ammino X and Muscle Pharm has Ammino 1. Both are good, but a lot of that stuff with flavors I find sticking to fruit punch or watermelon is the best course of action. Sour apple reminded me of tne apple tobacco dip at work guys would use. The taste was alright but the scent was horrible. But, just eating a banana or something high in potassium should suffice if you chose not to, and I can understand why if you dont.