Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  MEDdMI : (21 September 2019 - 08:41 PM)

speaking of geese, saw some videos for this game on the Switch: https://www.goose.game/

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 September 2019 - 06:41 PM)

Triple changer, turns from ashes to dust.

@  Rycochet : (21 September 2019 - 05:22 PM)

To Ashens we transform! We turn into a human, a brown couch and a heap of tat.

@  Patch : (21 September 2019 - 03:02 PM)

Really? Worst alt-mode ever.

@  Maximus Ambus : (21 September 2019 - 02:09 PM)

To ashes we transform.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 September 2019 - 09:14 AM)

They aren't all cranky... sure, it's hard to find one in a good mood, but still.

@  unluckiness : (21 September 2019 - 09:12 AM)

Cranky geese is a hell of a tautology

@  wonko the sane? : (21 September 2019 - 09:07 AM)

... that's like the third flock of geese this morning. Do those cranky bitches know something I should know?

@  NotVeryKnightly : (21 September 2019 - 06:26 AM)

Isn't there a thread for that?

@  Nevermore : (21 September 2019 - 05:41 AM)

I took a few hours off from work so I could attend. Actually met two coworkers there.

@  Nevermore : (21 September 2019 - 05:41 AM)

Anyone else here who participated in a climate change rally yesterday?

@  Nevermore : (20 September 2019 - 06:46 PM)

In case anyone's wondering.

@  Nevermore : (20 September 2019 - 06:46 PM)

Also, she pronounces her own name "Zuh-see".

@  TM2-Megatron : (20 September 2019 - 03:04 PM)

I think I'd read a while back she was born in Berlin

@  TM2-Megatron : (20 September 2019 - 03:04 PM)

I thought Zazie Beetz was really fantastic in Deadpool 2. Really looking forward to seeing her in Joker.

@  Liege : (20 September 2019 - 12:05 PM)

Any sightings of Ratchet at U.S. Walgreens yet? A couple of stores around me have recently restocked their toy aisles but no Ratchets yet at those ones.

@  Nevermore : (20 September 2019 - 03:54 AM)

You don't even hear a hint of an accent, and she only very rarely chooses some odd wording where she probably wasn't familiar with the more appropriate alternative due to its relative obscurity.

@  Nevermore : (20 September 2019 - 03:41 AM)

Just watched what's possibly the most relaxed interview ever of a German Youtuber interviewing Zazie while walking around Berlin. Turns out she was born in Berlin and spent quite some time in Germany.

@  Nevermore : (20 September 2019 - 03:39 AM)

Actors and actresses I had no idea speak fluent German, part 4.231: Zazie Beetz from Deadpool 2.

@  Benbot : (18 September 2019 - 02:14 PM)

It's too bad it's like this because some of what they're doing with tiny cars is pretty cool, but I'm not willing to sign up for that f-ing hassle.

@  Benbot : (18 September 2019 - 02:13 PM)

At this point I'm trying to decide how much of a markup I'm willing to pay some scalper scum or if I should just say to hell with it.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (18 September 2019 - 02:11 PM)

That is pretty much the constant story with Hot Wheels. Anything you might actually want has most likely been picked clean and marked up.

@  Benbot : (18 September 2019 - 02:02 PM)

I've been watching some Youtube Hot Wheels videos out of boredom and discovered there exists a new car that just came out maybe a month ago that looks just like one I had when I was little, and I've been looking around hoping to get it. Slim picking everywhere, but online there are a slew of sellers asking for 3 and 4x the retail price, plus a hefty shipping markup.

@  Benbot : (18 September 2019 - 01:59 PM)

Oh, that explains the problem I've encountered with finding one little car

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 September 2019 - 01:31 PM)

Oh boy. I work at Target, and literally every single morning, there are two or three guys outside who make a beeline straight to the Hot Wheels.

@  Steevy Maximus : (18 September 2019 - 01:00 PM)

Hot Wheels

@  Benbot : (18 September 2019 - 12:25 PM)

Which collecting community has the worst scalpers?

@  TM2-Megatron : (17 September 2019 - 09:55 PM)

I've never read the source material and don't know much about it, but I enjoyed the first film quite a bit, and found the second alright

@  Sabrblade : (17 September 2019 - 09:49 PM)

The first movie was definitely not for me. I flat out hated it. Didn't even bother with the sequel.

@  Maruten : (17 September 2019 - 05:02 PM)

I liked the first movie a lot and enjoyed the original volume of the book, and the way they were developed in parallel was really interesting. It all got super extra unpleasant as soon as they went back though. I don't remember really whether the initial sequels are "good" or not, but either way both the second movie and the second run of the book quickly demonstrated that the property sure wasn't for me.

@  Paladin : (17 September 2019 - 04:45 PM)

i have a real hard time offering praise of anything connected to an utter shitstain like Mark Millar.

@  Rycochet : (17 September 2019 - 01:23 PM)

Kick Ass 2 was okay for what it was, a sequel to a film that was okay, just okay. It had a good performance from Nic Cage while the sequel had Jim Carrey who decided he didn't want to promote it after one of america's regularly scheduled massacres.

@  Benbot : (17 September 2019 - 12:20 PM)

Was Kick Ass 2 really that bad? I never got around to seeing it, but after watching the first movie again the other day, I'm thinking about it.

@  wonko the sane? : (13 September 2019 - 01:54 PM)

Why do you feel a need to label yourself for doing something harmless?

@  Telly : (13 September 2019 - 11:10 AM)

thats more than i look at on reddit

@  Benbot : (13 September 2019 - 10:49 AM)

am I a basic bitch for only browsing the front page of Reddit?

@  Shrug : (12 September 2019 - 12:26 PM)

I managed to find about 2/3s of my goal Sega Genesis collection before the last price bump

@  Anonymous X : (12 September 2019 - 11:11 AM)

So relieved that I picked up most of my NTSC GameCube collection in 2010/11 before prices on the secondary market went bezerk...

@  unluckiness : (12 September 2019 - 12:54 AM)

I have fond memories of it since it was the last console Mario Kart that didn't have the ridiculous pre-race cart assembly

@  TM2-Megatron : (11 September 2019 - 10:26 PM)

Like many Gamecube games, underrated

@  unluckiness : (11 September 2019 - 09:24 AM)

Double Dash is great. Just watch out for blue shells

@  Bass X0 : (11 September 2019 - 07:43 AM)

I used a double dash on my mobile. The chat didn’t like it.

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 September 2019 - 04:17 AM)

The mobile version of the site chokes on certain characters, I think.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (11 September 2019 - 04:10 AM)

what's with that punctuation anyway

@  Nevermore : (11 September 2019 - 03:20 AM)

Now where did that come from, Bass X0?

@  Bass X0 : (11 September 2019 - 01:52 AM)

Politics and Religion — tools of foul play!

@  TM2-Megatron : (10 September 2019 - 11:10 PM)

If you owe, you're expected to actually pay it at the time you file, before they even process your return

@  TM2-Megatron : (10 September 2019 - 11:10 PM)

If you file electronically, I find you usually get your refund within a couple weeks

@  Nevermore : (10 September 2019 - 06:22 PM)

Well, lucky it took less than two months for me. For a little over 200 Euros.

@  wonko the sane? : (10 September 2019 - 06:11 PM)

Pretty much, yeah. Canada revenue will be all up your ass if you earn less than 200K and owe tax, but your refund is basically "duke nukem forever".

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Allspark Fitness Project 2014!

workoutrun TRX exercise healthy skinny lifting get big weight loss cardio

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1048 replies to this topic

#41 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7428 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:58 PM

And you want 197? Dont you think that might be to small? Im same height, when going through basic in 04 I was down to 205 and felt weak. Im 230 now and comfortable, but if I could get around 215 id be happy. Mostly its just losing the belly for me though. Anything over a 39" waist and I fail my pt test automatically.

#42 MrBlud

MrBlud

Goes down smooth...

• Retired Staff
  • 51945 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:04 PM

Weight right now is about 230.

My immediate goal is to get back down to 199. Lowest I've ever been was 193 but getting below 200 would make me feel a lot better,

I was sick going into the new year but finally got over that and have made it through today without snacking or eating any fast food so here's to doing that every day for the next 3 months :)

card-strongarm.jpg

#43 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7428 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:28 PM

Good job! Ive tried to eat pretty healthy today but its after dinner snacking thats getting me now, but this popcorn is amazing. Going to do the walk a min, run a min for 60 min tomorrow then some weights. Taking Muscle Pharms Shreded Matrix along with Rasberry Keytones. Just need to keep after it. Im pretty sure I am close to my gallon of water today. I need to get a jug and just fill it up every morning.

#44 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Staff
  • 38979 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:58 PM

Well, I would still be over my BMI, but I would be more comfortable at that weight. Realistically though, anywhere between 200 and 220lbs would be great, but I would just like to get under 200 once.

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#45 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7428 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:03 AM

hug BMI. Thats the dumbest thing there is IMO. EVERYBODY is overweight or underweight on that scale it seems. And im sorry if it seemed I was discouraging you in my earlier reply, that certainly was not my intent if it seemed that way. 195 and I might actually see my abs! Lol

#46 The Predaking

The Predaking

• Staff
  • 38979 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:51 AM

Yeah, I normally don't care about the BMI issue, but work has been stressing getting employees more healthy, and that is the scale that they are using. :( And no, you weren't discouraging, because I know that for me, that weight isn't realistic in the sense that even if I could get to 199, I probably couldn't maintain it without starving myself. Still, I would like to see my abs once, just to make sure they are there. ;)

#47 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 42044 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:15 AM

I'm shooting for 220 myself. My brother is between 180 and 200 (depends on the time of year.) and at his smallest he is literally skin and bones. We're not that tall, but we're very broad across the shoulders. Even at 200 he looks too skinny.

Per Nick Nemesis's Suggestion: I hate everything.

#48 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7428 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:00 PM

Where do you work at? Its cool that a company takes the time to care about their employees health. Being active duty military its kind of a way of life unless I want kicked out.

#49 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 42044 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 02:43 PM

I think I broke that piece of shit stair stepper. It stops counting after three or four steps now.

#50 The Predaking

The Predaking

• Staff
  • 38979 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:38 PM

Where do you work at? Its cool that a company takes the time to care about their employees health. Being active duty military its kind of a way of life unless I want kicked out.

I work for the State of Alabama. They are mainly doing it to keep their insurance costs down. They have been going crazy about that stuff for the past few years.

#51 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7428 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:47 PM

Wonko, it might just be time to head to the gym. Plus, the scenery is great. God bless the inventor of yoga pants!

Do they offer any discounts to gyms or supplement stores like gnc? Any extra cash or days off? Or do they just tell you to get healthy?

#52 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 42044 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:54 PM

I lost 80 pounds on my own last time. I can lose 15 on my own now. Only the counter is broken: I'll use a pedometer on my music box, or simply run on time and leg pain.

But yeah, I've done the gym thing before while I was in cegep, and it wasn't a bad experience. I simply cannot afford it though.

#53 The Predaking

The Predaking

• Staff
  • 38979 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:01 PM

We get a "Discount" on our insurance. When Istarted it was part of our compensation since we wer paid a lot less at the state than the private sector. Then it started costing $50 a month, but you can get a "discount" if you don't smoke, and another if you pass the health screenings. They don't give us any gym deals or discounts though.

#54 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7428 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:13 PM

Leg pain from injury or leg pain from working out?

What gym are you going to? Is it a chain or a local place? I go to Las Vegas Athletic Club, 22 bucks a month and has everything that the largest 24 Hour Fitness has. I LOVED the 24 Hr in Denver, had everything, but it was 50 bucks a month.

Skipping the gym tonight. Had a last minute meeting at work and left about an hour and 15 min late. By the time I got home it would have been the same time as if I had made it out on time. Dog can only be locked up for so long. Have PT tomorrow so im planning on going in early and making up for today. Still took my pills and drank what felt like a gallon but im sure im still shy 8f the mark. Not sure whats for dinner yet, have some hamburger dethawing in the fridge, might make some burgers. Warm up rice with it.

#55 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 42044 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:36 AM

Oh, sorry. Leg pain as in muscle use. You know, exertion burning.

#56 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7428 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:42 AM

Just making sure it wasnt from an injury. Ive tried to push through before and just made things worse.

#57 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 42044 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:25 AM

No, I learned in cegep not to do that. Thankfully, the yoga part of that class was still doable, so I not only got some benefit, but didn't lose my credits.

#58 Kup

Kup
  • Supporter
  • 3082 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:41 PM

Down 4 in the first week. Though I suspect that's mostly water Wrigjt, it's a start!
"Someone once told me that Time is a predator that stalked us all our lives, but I'd rather believe that Time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment -- because they'll never come again."

#59 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7428 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:01 PM

Gotta start somewhere Kup, good job!

I feel like complete shit today. Headache, cough, sneezing, runny nose. Still got a workout in this morning. Prob double dose of nyquil tonight and no gym tomorrow. Need rest.

#60 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 8548 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:57 PM

Water weight or not, that's motivation :)

On being sick, yeah, better rest. Not just for you but other folks in the gym.

Ugh, was feeling down and ate two chocolate bars yesterday but it didn't really make me feel good (chocolate has what chemical that makes you happy?). Ate one today too. Should take a walk to get feelings up (walking releases endorphins? Is that the feel good chemical? Same as sunlight?). Still not working out.

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here