Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 December 2019 - 04:04 PM)

Well, did you get water?

@  wonko the sane? : (14 December 2019 - 01:56 PM)

Went to the bathroom, shaved, baked a cake... wait, I only got up to get some water...

@  unluckiness : (14 December 2019 - 09:01 AM)

That's a common misconception. You see compared to the first run, it's a new mold.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (14 December 2019 - 03:27 AM)

Wouldn't that just add packaging authenticity? :D

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (14 December 2019 - 01:44 AM)

I read a anecdote of someone recently receiving a Glacialord with mold because apparently online stores' warehouses have been sitting on Fansproject products like that for years.

@  Rycochet : (13 December 2019 - 11:56 AM)

Unlike many of his peers, Morton diesn't seem to have gone out of his way to try and take every drug going so he's aged remarkably well.

@  Donocropolis : (13 December 2019 - 11:39 AM)

Doesn't seem to have been a market for it, which is too bad, because it perfectly does what it sets out to do.

@  Donocropolis : (13 December 2019 - 11:38 AM)

Just opened it and suddenly I'm 9 years old again.

@  Donocropolis : (13 December 2019 - 11:38 AM)

Bought myself Fansproject Glacialord for my birthday during their Black Friday sale.

@  Nevermore : (12 December 2019 - 07:45 PM)

Morten Harket of A-ha might have aged 35 years on the outside, but his voice is still pretty much the same as it was in 1984. That's some great training and exercise for you.

@  wonko the sane? : (12 December 2019 - 06:59 PM)

Depends entirely on how badly you cooked them. What?

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 December 2019 - 05:33 PM)

Can it raise the dead?

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:33 PM)

Cheddar can do just about anything.

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:32 PM)

Cream cheese has to be on a bagel or crackers.

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:31 PM)

(for example: I like Swiss cheese on sandwiches, but find it merely tolerable by itself)

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:30 PM)

I mean are you eating it by itself? With crackers? On a sandwich?

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 December 2019 - 04:48 PM)

I would ask, but I'd rather not know.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (12 December 2019 - 03:38 PM)

With my mouth, usually.

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 08:48 AM)

Depends on how you're eating it.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (12 December 2019 - 01:40 AM)

Havarti, without a doubt.

@  Greebtron : (12 December 2019 - 01:28 AM)

Not Don, thanks. I'd like a writer who actually cares enough to do the job properly

@  Benbot : (11 December 2019 - 09:34 PM)

What's your favorite cheese? I'm not sure, but it's hard to beat muenster.

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 December 2019 - 05:10 PM)

Man I wish IDW could do a season 2.5 with a few writers like Michael Charles Hill or Donald F Glut or Paul Davids involved.

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 December 2019 - 04:33 PM)

They were looking for Skids, but the animators forgot he existed again.

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 December 2019 - 02:58 PM)

He regrouped with Omega Supreme, the Dinobots, Skyfire and the Protectobots.

@  Benbot : (11 December 2019 - 08:20 AM)

Did he get infected with the rest of the Autobots or did he smartly remain off-planet?

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 December 2019 - 05:38 AM)

He really just went to the beach for a couple of days, then called it in. Who's gonna follow up on it?

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 December 2019 - 05:05 AM)

Anyone really believe Cosmos searched far enough for more ingredient for Corrostop?

@  Nevermore : (11 December 2019 - 03:48 AM)

Oh, we are pretty good at "forgetting" about that. Insisting on sending people home on their overtime, THEN suddenly rushing to do the "backlog" stuff when it's really overdue.

@  wonko the sane? : (10 December 2019 - 05:43 PM)

I've yet to find an organization which didn't have a backlog of "stuff" that needs to be done, but isn't important enough to put on the schedule proper.

@  TM2-Megatron : (10 December 2019 - 05:01 PM)

I'm sure most good/bad (depending on your POV) bosses would be able to find something for the worker to do, in most cases, even if it's spending 8 hours pretending to push a broom around

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (10 December 2019 - 04:39 PM)

Still better than American jobs. x.x;

@  NotVeryKnightly : (10 December 2019 - 11:10 AM)

I'm pretty sure you've already mentioned this before. Especially that last one.

@  Nevermore : (10 December 2019 - 11:05 AM)

That can be fun if you're strong-willed enough. "Hey, you want to go home? Overtime reduction, there's nothing to do..." - "Nah, not today. I want to work."

@  Nevermore : (10 December 2019 - 11:04 AM)

This applies to the field of work as well. Meaning, your boss orders you to show up for a full shift, you show up on time and are absolutely willing to work, and then your boss realizes he has no work for you, your boss has to pay you for a full shift even if you don't work at all.

@  Nevermore : (10 December 2019 - 11:03 AM)

Fun fact: German law has a concept named "default in acceptance", which postulates that if there is a "service for payment" contract, the party that should provide the service correctly offers their due service, and the party that should pay fails to accept the service within due time, the second party still has to pay the first party even if there was no service delivered.

@  wonko the sane? : (08 December 2019 - 10:54 PM)

If it's seasonal affective disorder, check with your doc about vitamin D supplements.

@  Maximus Ambus : (08 December 2019 - 12:46 PM)

That's what I was thinking too, It's the christmas rush and if that's not stressful enough the cold weather can also impact mental health.

@  wonko the sane? : (08 December 2019 - 12:41 PM)

Might be a stupid question given the comment, BUT: have you done anything outside the ordinary lately? Might just be a stress reaction.

@  Maximus Ambus : (08 December 2019 - 12:29 PM)

I've experienced sleep paralysis with ghostly images and similar things in the past and can snap out of it through moving my fingers. I've definitely hallucinated before and members of both sides of the family have had similar experience, some suffered forms of mental instability in two cases schizophrenia.

@  wonko the sane? : (08 December 2019 - 10:47 AM)

So... either a hallucination or night terrors. Are you prone to this kind of thing?

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 December 2019 - 11:55 PM)

It kept repeating until I sat up.

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 December 2019 - 11:54 PM)

I've been up since three and when sheepish I was hallucinating something knocking twice against my bedroom door.

@  TheMightyMol... : (07 December 2019 - 06:58 PM)

Then repaint Apeface and Snapdragon as Transmetal Optimus Primal and Megatron. It's crazy enough to work.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (07 December 2019 - 05:32 PM)

Moral imperative.

@  Nevermore : (07 December 2019 - 05:13 PM)

Wishful thinking, rumor or leak?

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 December 2019 - 04:48 PM)

Snapdragon for Earthrise.

@  TM2-Megatron : (04 December 2019 - 10:22 PM)

Still not the weirdest thing a Nic Cage character has done in a film

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 December 2019 - 04:00 PM)

Couldn't be worse than him pissing fire as Ghost Rider.

@  Rycochet : (04 December 2019 - 03:38 PM)

The Tim Burton Superman Movie is the DC movie we deserve. It would have Nic Cage in a technosuit punching polarbears.

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Allspark Fitness Project 2014!

workoutrun TRX exercise healthy skinny lifting get big weight loss cardio

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1048 replies to this topic

#21 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7431 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 02:15 PM

Haha, I totally understand. Just keep up the work! Also, this works for me when I think about quitting using any workout equipment that I have bought..remember how much you spent on it and the time and effort it took to set it all up.

#22 NICK NEMESIS

NICK NEMESIS

Www.scatterville.com

• Supporter
  • 17087 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 02:30 PM

Or just look around. As long as you have arms and a floor, you can always do push ups.
Http://www.scatterville.com

#23 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7431 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 02:36 PM

And sit ups/crunches + squats for a good fullbody home workout. There are a ton of self body weight exercises that you can do at home that require zero equipment and money to be spent. If anything, 15 bucks on an exercise mat to put on the floor. For another 50ish, especially this time of year, you could buy a dumbbell or kettleball, jump rope and an exercise ball and your home workouts just got taken to another level.

#24 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 42477 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:38 PM

I've spent 100 on the bike (5000 klicks on it.) 60 on the stair stepper, 20 on the elliptical (It's a piece of shit, but it did its duty and now it's going away.) and 30 on the 25 pound weight. I've used them all to varying degrees. I got more from the bike and the weight than the elliptical so far. But I truly do HATE running.

I've done push ups, sit ups, squats, toe touches, and that wall press thing where you sit against the wall and square your legs. But I wound up hitting both a weight wall and a physical wall. I wasn't losing any weight after a certain point (but to be fair, I had lost 80 pounds at that point.) and I was making myself sick on top. When you can sit still without being dizzy... yeah, you stop for a while.

I don't regret a thing: it was all worth it in its own way. I never thought I would be able accomplish what I did, and If I need to do it again, then so be it.

Per Nick Nemesis's Suggestion: I hate everything.

#25 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7431 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:46 PM

Good job on the weight loss. How much water do you drink? And im talking water, not soda, beer, milk, tea, etc....but water? A gallon a day is recommended. I try, somedays im closer than others. But it helps keep the body hydrated, starves off hunger and will keep you from getting light headed. I felt light headed yesterday after hiking. Drank a few glasses of water and felt better.

Pushing yourself to the puking point, thats not good. its good you are pushing yourself, but should never go that hard. What kind of phone do you have? If its a droid, check out a program called "circuit training assistant" I use it at the gym and love it.

#26 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 42477 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:01 PM

You know... I am unsure how much actual water I take in. I have this rotund beer stein that I use for water, and drink 3-4 of them a day... plus two 10ish ounces (once in the morning with the vitamins. and one at night when I brush my teeth.) and thats not counting tea, soda, juice and milk during the day.

I REALLY like drinking... I have no functional idea as to why.

But my problem was more than just lacking liquid. When it got bad enough that I HAD to stop exercising as hard, I started loading on vitamins and gatoraid. That helped, but it took weeks to feel "better" and I don't think I ever got back to "normal".

Edit: to satisfy my own curiosity, I measured out my usual amount in my favored glass. Just a hair over 16 ounces. Ha!

Edited by wonko the sane?, 05 January 2014 - 08:28 PM.

#27 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7431 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:07 PM

I think its 128oz of water = 1 gallon. Try having a V8 too. They may taste gross but loaded with a lot of natural vitamines that the body needs. I just had one this morning and I normally feel better after doing so.

#28 NICK NEMESIS

NICK NEMESIS

Www.scatterville.com

• Supporter
  • 17087 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:29 PM

V8 was crucial to my very restrictive vegatable diet. Its not fun by any means, but I can't argue with the results.

Http://www.scatterville.com

#29 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 42477 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:47 PM

Yeah, I was on a can of v8 every day for a while. Stuff gave me side stitches and cramps for some damn reason.

I ain't overly unhealthy but damn is my body hugged up.

#30 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 8752 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:05 PM

Are you getting enough sleep? Maybe you're not recovering enough.

Ive got to drink my 'glass of water before meals' again. Heh, I kinda think that the 8 glasses of water help in weight loss cuz of the exercise you get when you have to get up and use the bathroom more often than usual, haha.

Haven't started doing my back exercises yet, argh.

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

#31 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7431 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:31 PM

Dont know why the v8 would do that, id maybe call a dr or do some research online.

Sleep 8s very important when it comes to recovery. If you have trouble, try Melatonin. Its totally harmless as your body already produces it naturally. The pill just gives you an extra shot of it. Helps trick the body. If not that, then Zzquil works pretty good too.

Had the day off from working out as I said earlier. Still took a fat burner pill, didnt over eat and only had 4 drinks. Home now having water and then an Emercen C Boost before bed, started to get a cold today.

#32 Blacknife

Blacknife

Never heard of it; never will

• Citizen
  • 5809 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:57 PM

So Ive totally blown weight loss and gained everything right back. The partially good news is that because I do keep up strength training that I seem to be losing at a quicker rate. Pretty much got on a fast food and pop binge that shot it right back up, now cutting off again...

#33 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7431 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:05 PM

What kind of workout routine do you have? Welcome to the convo!

#34 Blacknife

Blacknife

Never heard of it; never will

• Citizen
  • 5809 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:42 PM

Usually strictly strength training at the gym..three days a week depending on my back. If my back goes more painful than normal, I stop until it gets back down to regular "soft" pain. My workouts never have caused immediate back issues and if they did Id know it was too much. Ive been putting off adding cardio to the mix, but definitely need to do so. I mainly work my core, back, and arms. Add legs during not so nice walking weather...

#35 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 8752 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 12:10 AM

You got back problems? Me too. I'm removing the crunches, toe touches and back extensions from my routine and changing it to supermans, planks and bird dogs from the advice on the link I have in the previous page.

Someone did P90X last year in the thread, I recall. Any good? Maybe I should try it.

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

#36 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7431 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:50 AM

You should be doing legs anyway, dont want a big upper body and small lower body. The leg muscle groups are also bigger, so when working them you burn more calories.

For back, add in planks. its amazing what those can do for your body.

I never messed around with p90x. Did a few Insanity workouts. I have the new focus 25 workouts but havent done any of them. Anybody else tried them? A cousin is doing them and enjoys them, she is on week 4

#37 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Staff
  • 39119 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:12 AM

P90X isn't for beginners. If you can stick with it, and do as much as you can, then it will work for you, but most likely, it will break your will to work out.

I haven't weighed in in a while, and I have gain 6lbs since my last weigh in. :( So this year, I am starting it off at 248lbs. My goal is to average a pound a week for the year. putting me at 197 at the end of the year. I am going to try to manage this by my three work outs a week plan and changing my diet to include more chicken and fish.

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#38 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 42477 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:51 AM

Alright, I took a different tact this morning. Instead of shooting for time, I shot for steps. 301 in this case. I made it. It took three shots (100 steps then a break.) and burned 43 calories over roughly 6 minutes. My lungs are burning and I'm sweating, which means its working.

I'll keep doing this until I can cover more than 100 without taking a break, then I'll add another 100 to the count.

#39 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7431 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:18 PM

Predaking how tall are you?

Good job on the steps, I th7nk thats a very good goal and a good way of measuring your gains on the machine. Keep it up!

#40 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Staff
  • 39119 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:53 PM

6'2" Unless I have shrunk. :)

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2