Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Pennpenn : (17 June 2019 - 05:19 AM)

I would count Wario and Yoshi, but not DK (might be because I wasn't even aware DK was spun off from the Mario franchise until I was in my mid-20s, but whatever)

@  unluckiness : (17 June 2019 - 04:13 AM)

But to be fair, Corrin is the only one I particularly dislike and it's really more boredom due to their blandness as characters

@  unluckiness : (17 June 2019 - 04:09 AM)

It would depend on whether or not you count DK, Wario and Yoshi as part of the Mario franchise or separate. Scratch that, there are more even with just the mushroom symbol people but it's a close call.

@  Pennpenn : (17 June 2019 - 02:55 AM)

You'd figure Fire Emblem would have enough characters in Smash. Kinda feels like there's more FE characters than Mario characters.

@  unluckiness : (16 June 2019 - 01:20 AM)

And for hug's sake, I hope that the new Fire Emblem's PC isn't one of the DLC

@  Sean Whitmore : (15 June 2019 - 04:11 PM)

Smash Bros could never touch a new franchise again, and I'd still have laundry lists of side characters and villains I'd love to see included.

@  unluckiness : (15 June 2019 - 09:36 AM)

DINNER

@  SG Roadbuster : (15 June 2019 - 09:36 AM)

cuz i wanna fight a boat

@  SG Roadbuster : (15 June 2019 - 09:35 AM)

if we must have another zelda character, id want the king of red lion

@  MEDdMI : (14 June 2019 - 10:38 PM)

I would unironically love Tingle in Smash.

@  Paladin : (14 June 2019 - 02:06 PM)

they HAVE to put Travis Touchdown in at some point now, right???

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 June 2019 - 01:24 PM)

Right after Shaq.

@  Locoman : (14 June 2019 - 12:36 PM)

When will we get Bluster Kong in Smash?

@  unluckiness : (14 June 2019 - 08:20 AM)

The last three DLC characters are Tingle, Charles Barkley and L Tetris block with Reverse L Tetris block as an Echo fighter.

@  MEDdMI : (14 June 2019 - 08:09 AM)

Pipe dream Smash entry: The Prince from the Katamari series. :D

@  MEDdMI : (14 June 2019 - 06:35 AM)

The space/time around them gets frozen too! ....or something.

@  unluckiness : (14 June 2019 - 06:01 AM)

I still want to find out how freezing people suspends them in midair

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (14 June 2019 - 02:45 AM)

We really need Subzero or Scorpion in Smash. Violence aside, they are pretty big gaming icons as well.

@  Steevy Maximus : (13 June 2019 - 08:18 PM)

Given Nintendo's relationship with Tecmo, I'm still waiting for Ryu Hyabusa

@  TheMightyMol... : (13 June 2019 - 07:19 PM)

I'm still waiting for Doomguy.

@  Steevy Maximus : (13 June 2019 - 06:47 PM)

I just started watching High School DxD (don't judge me...) and I caught on the Nintendo Treehouse some request Rias for Smash lol

@  ▲ndrusi : (13 June 2019 - 11:25 AM)

I have having to watch a video to find out why someone wanted me to watch the video

@  Nevermore : (11 June 2019 - 04:58 PM)

I remember when the TPB for The Dark Age 2 was delayed for an entire year...

@  Trpodeca : (11 June 2019 - 03:55 AM)

I just wish they'd release the Astro City paperback trades.

@  Nevermore : (10 June 2019 - 05:31 AM)

As an open-minded heterosexual, I wouldn't mind seeing more of that.

@  Nevermore : (10 June 2019 - 05:29 AM)

Currently in the process of re-reading Kurt Busiek's Astro City. Big props for the issue featuring the "Dancing Master" and its portrayal of non-stereotypical gay characters.

@  TM2-Megatron : (10 June 2019 - 05:25 AM)

Don't phone charges often contain special rapid charge circuitry, though? The voltage might be higher too, given the selfie stick probably has a very basic battery.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (09 June 2019 - 11:28 PM)

Glad to be of assistance!

@  Telly : (09 June 2019 - 10:32 PM)

*checks selfie stick and phone charger* huh. perfect fit. thanks!

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (09 June 2019 - 09:58 PM)

I would use the USB-to-AC adapter that came with my iPhone, though I gather you must have a different brand of cell phone.

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 05:42 PM)

In that case a generic adapter is probably your best bet, then. Keep in mind a lot of hotels now have plain USB outlets in rooms too, though; but I guess that's not guaranteed

@  Telly : (09 June 2019 - 05:31 PM)

yeah, i just need something small to plug into the wall. im not sure im taking my laptop on my trip later this year and i want a way to charge my stuff

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 05:04 PM)

They also have wall outlets with built-in USB in addition to the two regular plugs; I installed those around my place so I have USB ports everywhere

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 05:02 PM)

You might be able to get a generic adapter to use with it at Radio Shack if you know the appropriate voltages or whatever

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 05:01 PM)

It came with a USB cable with no AC adapter? A lot of lower priced electronics do that, presumably assuming that USB is pretty ubiquitous

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 05:00 PM)

Yeah, must be, I guess.

@  Telly : (09 June 2019 - 04:59 PM)

maybe having bluetooth has something to do with it?

@  Telly : (09 June 2019 - 04:58 PM)

the one i got has an on/off button, and came with a usb to attach to my laptop to charge it. its this one https://www.walmart....ility/432985497

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 04:51 PM)

Selfie sticks have power? I thought they were to just hold the phone away from you

@  Telly : (09 June 2019 - 04:44 PM)

need some technical help.how do i charge my selfie stick without using my laptop? is there some kind of portable charger? i know it sounds like a dumb question, but i dont know very much about this stuff

@  MEDdMI : (08 June 2019 - 06:58 PM)

Different songs or overdosing don't work for me. My brain can play multiple songs at once. Best to do something else to distract me.

@  Xellos : (08 June 2019 - 05:36 PM)

Still, the worst is having the last song I hear before going into work being stuck in my head all day.

@  TheMightyMol... : (08 June 2019 - 05:00 PM)

Get a different song stuck in your head too. Let them battle for supremacy. Only the strong survive.

@  Nevermore : (08 June 2019 - 03:53 PM)

Keep listening to it over and over until you got the lyrics memorized. By that point, it will start to fade out of your system.

@  Nevermore : (08 June 2019 - 02:48 PM)

I've discovered the easiest cure for having a song stuck in your head is overdosing to the point of fatigue.

@  Steevy Maximus : (08 June 2019 - 12:27 PM)

Jedi Fallen Order sure does look a LOT like a Souls style game with Star Wars flavoring

@  Kalidor : (07 June 2019 - 06:18 PM)

I have a hard time believing that you speaking at length and with great detail is something you wouldn't be good at. Glad you had fun.

@  Nevermore : (07 June 2019 - 02:51 PM)

Funny thing is I wasn't nervous at all. Might have helped that I was able to speak freely due to having assembled my speech from a lot of smaller segments I had previously told to my colleagues on the shopfloor, with a few punchlines added.

@  Nevermore : (07 June 2019 - 02:49 PM)

Allegedly I did well. Lots of applause, and was told I was leagues beyond the guy who spoke before me (though that wasn't difficult, that guy was dry as a river on Mars).

@  Nevermore : (07 June 2019 - 02:48 PM)

So I volunteered to hold a small speech at our strike assembly today (lots of Amazon employees, plus some people from IKEA, Smyths toys and some other local retailers).

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Allspark Fitness Project 2014!

workoutrun TRX exercise healthy skinny lifting get big weight loss cardio

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1048 replies to this topic

#21 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7396 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 02:15 PM

Haha, I totally understand. Just keep up the work! Also, this works for me when I think about quitting using any workout equipment that I have bought..remember how much you spent on it and the time and effort it took to set it all up.

#22 NICK NEMESIS

NICK NEMESIS

Www.scatterville.com

• Supporter
  • 16848 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 02:30 PM

Or just look around. As long as you have arms and a floor, you can always do push ups.
Http://www.scatterville.com

#23 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7396 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 02:36 PM

And sit ups/crunches + squats for a good fullbody home workout. There are a ton of self body weight exercises that you can do at home that require zero equipment and money to be spent. If anything, 15 bucks on an exercise mat to put on the floor. For another 50ish, especially this time of year, you could buy a dumbbell or kettleball, jump rope and an exercise ball and your home workouts just got taken to another level.

#24 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 41518 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:38 PM

I've spent 100 on the bike (5000 klicks on it.) 60 on the stair stepper, 20 on the elliptical (It's a piece of shit, but it did its duty and now it's going away.) and 30 on the 25 pound weight. I've used them all to varying degrees. I got more from the bike and the weight than the elliptical so far. But I truly do HATE running.

I've done push ups, sit ups, squats, toe touches, and that wall press thing where you sit against the wall and square your legs. But I wound up hitting both a weight wall and a physical wall. I wasn't losing any weight after a certain point (but to be fair, I had lost 80 pounds at that point.) and I was making myself sick on top. When you can sit still without being dizzy... yeah, you stop for a while.

I don't regret a thing: it was all worth it in its own way. I never thought I would be able accomplish what I did, and If I need to do it again, then so be it.

#25 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7396 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:46 PM

Good job on the weight loss. How much water do you drink? And im talking water, not soda, beer, milk, tea, etc....but water? A gallon a day is recommended. I try, somedays im closer than others. But it helps keep the body hydrated, starves off hunger and will keep you from getting light headed. I felt light headed yesterday after hiking. Drank a few glasses of water and felt better.

Pushing yourself to the puking point, thats not good. its good you are pushing yourself, but should never go that hard. What kind of phone do you have? If its a droid, check out a program called "circuit training assistant" I use it at the gym and love it.

#26 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 41518 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:01 PM

You know... I am unsure how much actual water I take in. I have this rotund beer stein that I use for water, and drink 3-4 of them a day... plus two 10ish ounces (once in the morning with the vitamins. and one at night when I brush my teeth.) and thats not counting tea, soda, juice and milk during the day.

I REALLY like drinking... I have no functional idea as to why.

But my problem was more than just lacking liquid. When it got bad enough that I HAD to stop exercising as hard, I started loading on vitamins and gatoraid. That helped, but it took weeks to feel "better" and I don't think I ever got back to "normal".

Edit: to satisfy my own curiosity, I measured out my usual amount in my favored glass. Just a hair over 16 ounces. Ha!

Edited by wonko the sane?, 05 January 2014 - 08:28 PM.

#27 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7396 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:07 PM

I think its 128oz of water = 1 gallon. Try having a V8 too. They may taste gross but loaded with a lot of natural vitamines that the body needs. I just had one this morning and I normally feel better after doing so.

#28 NICK NEMESIS

NICK NEMESIS

Www.scatterville.com

• Supporter
  • 16848 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:29 PM

V8 was crucial to my very restrictive vegatable diet. Its not fun by any means, but I can't argue with the results.

Http://www.scatterville.com

#29 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 41518 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:47 PM

Yeah, I was on a can of v8 every day for a while. Stuff gave me side stitches and cramps for some damn reason.

I ain't overly unhealthy but damn is my body hugged up.

#30 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 8269 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:05 PM

Are you getting enough sleep? Maybe you're not recovering enough.

Ive got to drink my 'glass of water before meals' again. Heh, I kinda think that the 8 glasses of water help in weight loss cuz of the exercise you get when you have to get up and use the bathroom more often than usual, haha.

Haven't started doing my back exercises yet, argh.

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

#31 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7396 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:31 PM

Dont know why the v8 would do that, id maybe call a dr or do some research online.

Sleep 8s very important when it comes to recovery. If you have trouble, try Melatonin. Its totally harmless as your body already produces it naturally. The pill just gives you an extra shot of it. Helps trick the body. If not that, then Zzquil works pretty good too.

Had the day off from working out as I said earlier. Still took a fat burner pill, didnt over eat and only had 4 drinks. Home now having water and then an Emercen C Boost before bed, started to get a cold today.

#32 Blacknife

Blacknife

Never heard of it; never will

• Citizen
  • 5746 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:57 PM

So Ive totally blown weight loss and gained everything right back. The partially good news is that because I do keep up strength training that I seem to be losing at a quicker rate. Pretty much got on a fast food and pop binge that shot it right back up, now cutting off again...

#33 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7396 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:05 PM

What kind of workout routine do you have? Welcome to the convo!

#34 Blacknife

Blacknife

Never heard of it; never will

• Citizen
  • 5746 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:42 PM

Usually strictly strength training at the gym..three days a week depending on my back. If my back goes more painful than normal, I stop until it gets back down to regular "soft" pain. My workouts never have caused immediate back issues and if they did Id know it was too much. Ive been putting off adding cardio to the mix, but definitely need to do so. I mainly work my core, back, and arms. Add legs during not so nice walking weather...

#35 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 8269 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 12:10 AM

You got back problems? Me too. I'm removing the crunches, toe touches and back extensions from my routine and changing it to supermans, planks and bird dogs from the advice on the link I have in the previous page.

Someone did P90X last year in the thread, I recall. Any good? Maybe I should try it.

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

#36 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7396 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:50 AM

You should be doing legs anyway, dont want a big upper body and small lower body. The leg muscle groups are also bigger, so when working them you burn more calories.

For back, add in planks. its amazing what those can do for your body.

I never messed around with p90x. Did a few Insanity workouts. I have the new focus 25 workouts but havent done any of them. Anybody else tried them? A cousin is doing them and enjoys them, she is on week 4

#37 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Staff
  • 38813 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:12 AM

P90X isn't for beginners. If you can stick with it, and do as much as you can, then it will work for you, but most likely, it will break your will to work out.

I haven't weighed in in a while, and I have gain 6lbs since my last weigh in. :( So this year, I am starting it off at 248lbs. My goal is to average a pound a week for the year. putting me at 197 at the end of the year. I am going to try to manage this by my three work outs a week plan and changing my diet to include more chicken and fish.

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#38 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 41518 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:51 AM

Alright, I took a different tact this morning. Instead of shooting for time, I shot for steps. 301 in this case. I made it. It took three shots (100 steps then a break.) and burned 43 calories over roughly 6 minutes. My lungs are burning and I'm sweating, which means its working.

I'll keep doing this until I can cover more than 100 without taking a break, then I'll add another 100 to the count.

#39 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7396 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:18 PM

Predaking how tall are you?

Good job on the steps, I th7nk thats a very good goal and a good way of measuring your gains on the machine. Keep it up!

#40 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Staff
  • 38813 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:53 PM

6'2" Unless I have shrunk. :)

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2