Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  MEDdMI : (21 September 2019 - 08:41 PM)

speaking of geese, saw some videos for this game on the Switch: https://www.goose.game/

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 September 2019 - 06:41 PM)

Triple changer, turns from ashes to dust.

@  Rycochet : (21 September 2019 - 05:22 PM)

To Ashens we transform! We turn into a human, a brown couch and a heap of tat.

@  Patch : (21 September 2019 - 03:02 PM)

Really? Worst alt-mode ever.

@  Maximus Ambus : (21 September 2019 - 02:09 PM)

To ashes we transform.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 September 2019 - 09:14 AM)

They aren't all cranky... sure, it's hard to find one in a good mood, but still.

@  unluckiness : (21 September 2019 - 09:12 AM)

Cranky geese is a hell of a tautology

@  wonko the sane? : (21 September 2019 - 09:07 AM)

... that's like the third flock of geese this morning. Do those cranky bitches know something I should know?

@  NotVeryKnightly : (21 September 2019 - 06:26 AM)

Isn't there a thread for that?

@  Nevermore : (21 September 2019 - 05:41 AM)

I took a few hours off from work so I could attend. Actually met two coworkers there.

@  Nevermore : (21 September 2019 - 05:41 AM)

Anyone else here who participated in a climate change rally yesterday?

@  Nevermore : (20 September 2019 - 06:46 PM)

In case anyone's wondering.

@  Nevermore : (20 September 2019 - 06:46 PM)

Also, she pronounces her own name "Zuh-see".

@  TM2-Megatron : (20 September 2019 - 03:04 PM)

I think I'd read a while back she was born in Berlin

@  TM2-Megatron : (20 September 2019 - 03:04 PM)

I thought Zazie Beetz was really fantastic in Deadpool 2. Really looking forward to seeing her in Joker.

@  Liege : (20 September 2019 - 12:05 PM)

Any sightings of Ratchet at U.S. Walgreens yet? A couple of stores around me have recently restocked their toy aisles but no Ratchets yet at those ones.

@  Nevermore : (20 September 2019 - 03:54 AM)

You don't even hear a hint of an accent, and she only very rarely chooses some odd wording where she probably wasn't familiar with the more appropriate alternative due to its relative obscurity.

@  Nevermore : (20 September 2019 - 03:41 AM)

Just watched what's possibly the most relaxed interview ever of a German Youtuber interviewing Zazie while walking around Berlin. Turns out she was born in Berlin and spent quite some time in Germany.

@  Nevermore : (20 September 2019 - 03:39 AM)

Actors and actresses I had no idea speak fluent German, part 4.231: Zazie Beetz from Deadpool 2.

@  Benbot : (18 September 2019 - 02:14 PM)

It's too bad it's like this because some of what they're doing with tiny cars is pretty cool, but I'm not willing to sign up for that f-ing hassle.

@  Benbot : (18 September 2019 - 02:13 PM)

At this point I'm trying to decide how much of a markup I'm willing to pay some scalper scum or if I should just say to hell with it.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (18 September 2019 - 02:11 PM)

That is pretty much the constant story with Hot Wheels. Anything you might actually want has most likely been picked clean and marked up.

@  Benbot : (18 September 2019 - 02:02 PM)

I've been watching some Youtube Hot Wheels videos out of boredom and discovered there exists a new car that just came out maybe a month ago that looks just like one I had when I was little, and I've been looking around hoping to get it. Slim picking everywhere, but online there are a slew of sellers asking for 3 and 4x the retail price, plus a hefty shipping markup.

@  Benbot : (18 September 2019 - 01:59 PM)

Oh, that explains the problem I've encountered with finding one little car

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 September 2019 - 01:31 PM)

Oh boy. I work at Target, and literally every single morning, there are two or three guys outside who make a beeline straight to the Hot Wheels.

@  Steevy Maximus : (18 September 2019 - 01:00 PM)

Hot Wheels

@  Benbot : (18 September 2019 - 12:25 PM)

Which collecting community has the worst scalpers?

@  TM2-Megatron : (17 September 2019 - 09:55 PM)

I've never read the source material and don't know much about it, but I enjoyed the first film quite a bit, and found the second alright

@  Sabrblade : (17 September 2019 - 09:49 PM)

The first movie was definitely not for me. I flat out hated it. Didn't even bother with the sequel.

@  Maruten : (17 September 2019 - 05:02 PM)

I liked the first movie a lot and enjoyed the original volume of the book, and the way they were developed in parallel was really interesting. It all got super extra unpleasant as soon as they went back though. I don't remember really whether the initial sequels are "good" or not, but either way both the second movie and the second run of the book quickly demonstrated that the property sure wasn't for me.

@  Paladin : (17 September 2019 - 04:45 PM)

i have a real hard time offering praise of anything connected to an utter shitstain like Mark Millar.

@  Rycochet : (17 September 2019 - 01:23 PM)

Kick Ass 2 was okay for what it was, a sequel to a film that was okay, just okay. It had a good performance from Nic Cage while the sequel had Jim Carrey who decided he didn't want to promote it after one of america's regularly scheduled massacres.

@  Benbot : (17 September 2019 - 12:20 PM)

Was Kick Ass 2 really that bad? I never got around to seeing it, but after watching the first movie again the other day, I'm thinking about it.

@  wonko the sane? : (13 September 2019 - 01:54 PM)

Why do you feel a need to label yourself for doing something harmless?

@  Telly : (13 September 2019 - 11:10 AM)

thats more than i look at on reddit

@  Benbot : (13 September 2019 - 10:49 AM)

am I a basic bitch for only browsing the front page of Reddit?

@  Shrug : (12 September 2019 - 12:26 PM)

I managed to find about 2/3s of my goal Sega Genesis collection before the last price bump

@  Anonymous X : (12 September 2019 - 11:11 AM)

So relieved that I picked up most of my NTSC GameCube collection in 2010/11 before prices on the secondary market went bezerk...

@  unluckiness : (12 September 2019 - 12:54 AM)

I have fond memories of it since it was the last console Mario Kart that didn't have the ridiculous pre-race cart assembly

@  TM2-Megatron : (11 September 2019 - 10:26 PM)

Like many Gamecube games, underrated

@  unluckiness : (11 September 2019 - 09:24 AM)

Double Dash is great. Just watch out for blue shells

@  Bass X0 : (11 September 2019 - 07:43 AM)

I used a double dash on my mobile. The chat didn’t like it.

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 September 2019 - 04:17 AM)

The mobile version of the site chokes on certain characters, I think.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (11 September 2019 - 04:10 AM)

what's with that punctuation anyway

@  Nevermore : (11 September 2019 - 03:20 AM)

Now where did that come from, Bass X0?

@  Bass X0 : (11 September 2019 - 01:52 AM)

Politics and Religion — tools of foul play!

@  TM2-Megatron : (10 September 2019 - 11:10 PM)

If you owe, you're expected to actually pay it at the time you file, before they even process your return

@  TM2-Megatron : (10 September 2019 - 11:10 PM)

If you file electronically, I find you usually get your refund within a couple weeks

@  Nevermore : (10 September 2019 - 06:22 PM)

Well, lucky it took less than two months for me. For a little over 200 Euros.

@  wonko the sane? : (10 September 2019 - 06:11 PM)

Pretty much, yeah. Canada revenue will be all up your ass if you earn less than 200K and owe tax, but your refund is basically "duke nukem forever".

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Allspark Fitness Project 2014!

workoutrun TRX exercise healthy skinny lifting get big weight loss cardio

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1048 replies to this topic

#21 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7428 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 02:15 PM

Haha, I totally understand. Just keep up the work! Also, this works for me when I think about quitting using any workout equipment that I have bought..remember how much you spent on it and the time and effort it took to set it all up.

#22 NICK NEMESIS

NICK NEMESIS

Www.scatterville.com

• Supporter
  • 17030 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 02:30 PM

Or just look around. As long as you have arms and a floor, you can always do push ups.
Http://www.scatterville.com

#23 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7428 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 02:36 PM

And sit ups/crunches + squats for a good fullbody home workout. There are a ton of self body weight exercises that you can do at home that require zero equipment and money to be spent. If anything, 15 bucks on an exercise mat to put on the floor. For another 50ish, especially this time of year, you could buy a dumbbell or kettleball, jump rope and an exercise ball and your home workouts just got taken to another level.

#24 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 42044 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:38 PM

I've spent 100 on the bike (5000 klicks on it.) 60 on the stair stepper, 20 on the elliptical (It's a piece of shit, but it did its duty and now it's going away.) and 30 on the 25 pound weight. I've used them all to varying degrees. I got more from the bike and the weight than the elliptical so far. But I truly do HATE running.

I've done push ups, sit ups, squats, toe touches, and that wall press thing where you sit against the wall and square your legs. But I wound up hitting both a weight wall and a physical wall. I wasn't losing any weight after a certain point (but to be fair, I had lost 80 pounds at that point.) and I was making myself sick on top. When you can sit still without being dizzy... yeah, you stop for a while.

I don't regret a thing: it was all worth it in its own way. I never thought I would be able accomplish what I did, and If I need to do it again, then so be it.

Per Nick Nemesis's Suggestion: I hate everything.

#25 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7428 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:46 PM

Good job on the weight loss. How much water do you drink? And im talking water, not soda, beer, milk, tea, etc....but water? A gallon a day is recommended. I try, somedays im closer than others. But it helps keep the body hydrated, starves off hunger and will keep you from getting light headed. I felt light headed yesterday after hiking. Drank a few glasses of water and felt better.

Pushing yourself to the puking point, thats not good. its good you are pushing yourself, but should never go that hard. What kind of phone do you have? If its a droid, check out a program called "circuit training assistant" I use it at the gym and love it.

#26 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 42044 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:01 PM

You know... I am unsure how much actual water I take in. I have this rotund beer stein that I use for water, and drink 3-4 of them a day... plus two 10ish ounces (once in the morning with the vitamins. and one at night when I brush my teeth.) and thats not counting tea, soda, juice and milk during the day.

I REALLY like drinking... I have no functional idea as to why.

But my problem was more than just lacking liquid. When it got bad enough that I HAD to stop exercising as hard, I started loading on vitamins and gatoraid. That helped, but it took weeks to feel "better" and I don't think I ever got back to "normal".

Edit: to satisfy my own curiosity, I measured out my usual amount in my favored glass. Just a hair over 16 ounces. Ha!

Edited by wonko the sane?, 05 January 2014 - 08:28 PM.

#27 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7428 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:07 PM

I think its 128oz of water = 1 gallon. Try having a V8 too. They may taste gross but loaded with a lot of natural vitamines that the body needs. I just had one this morning and I normally feel better after doing so.

#28 NICK NEMESIS

NICK NEMESIS

Www.scatterville.com

• Supporter
  • 17030 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:29 PM

V8 was crucial to my very restrictive vegatable diet. Its not fun by any means, but I can't argue with the results.

Http://www.scatterville.com

#29 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 42044 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:47 PM

Yeah, I was on a can of v8 every day for a while. Stuff gave me side stitches and cramps for some damn reason.

I ain't overly unhealthy but damn is my body hugged up.

#30 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 8548 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:05 PM

Are you getting enough sleep? Maybe you're not recovering enough.

Ive got to drink my 'glass of water before meals' again. Heh, I kinda think that the 8 glasses of water help in weight loss cuz of the exercise you get when you have to get up and use the bathroom more often than usual, haha.

Haven't started doing my back exercises yet, argh.

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

#31 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7428 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:31 PM

Dont know why the v8 would do that, id maybe call a dr or do some research online.

Sleep 8s very important when it comes to recovery. If you have trouble, try Melatonin. Its totally harmless as your body already produces it naturally. The pill just gives you an extra shot of it. Helps trick the body. If not that, then Zzquil works pretty good too.

Had the day off from working out as I said earlier. Still took a fat burner pill, didnt over eat and only had 4 drinks. Home now having water and then an Emercen C Boost before bed, started to get a cold today.

#32 Blacknife

Blacknife

Never heard of it; never will

• Citizen
  • 5767 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:57 PM

So Ive totally blown weight loss and gained everything right back. The partially good news is that because I do keep up strength training that I seem to be losing at a quicker rate. Pretty much got on a fast food and pop binge that shot it right back up, now cutting off again...

#33 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7428 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:05 PM

What kind of workout routine do you have? Welcome to the convo!

#34 Blacknife

Blacknife

Never heard of it; never will

• Citizen
  • 5767 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:42 PM

Usually strictly strength training at the gym..three days a week depending on my back. If my back goes more painful than normal, I stop until it gets back down to regular "soft" pain. My workouts never have caused immediate back issues and if they did Id know it was too much. Ive been putting off adding cardio to the mix, but definitely need to do so. I mainly work my core, back, and arms. Add legs during not so nice walking weather...

#35 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 8548 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 12:10 AM

You got back problems? Me too. I'm removing the crunches, toe touches and back extensions from my routine and changing it to supermans, planks and bird dogs from the advice on the link I have in the previous page.

Someone did P90X last year in the thread, I recall. Any good? Maybe I should try it.

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

#36 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7428 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:50 AM

You should be doing legs anyway, dont want a big upper body and small lower body. The leg muscle groups are also bigger, so when working them you burn more calories.

For back, add in planks. its amazing what those can do for your body.

I never messed around with p90x. Did a few Insanity workouts. I have the new focus 25 workouts but havent done any of them. Anybody else tried them? A cousin is doing them and enjoys them, she is on week 4

#37 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Staff
  • 38979 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:12 AM

P90X isn't for beginners. If you can stick with it, and do as much as you can, then it will work for you, but most likely, it will break your will to work out.

I haven't weighed in in a while, and I have gain 6lbs since my last weigh in. :( So this year, I am starting it off at 248lbs. My goal is to average a pound a week for the year. putting me at 197 at the end of the year. I am going to try to manage this by my three work outs a week plan and changing my diet to include more chicken and fish.

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#38 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 42044 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:51 AM

Alright, I took a different tact this morning. Instead of shooting for time, I shot for steps. 301 in this case. I made it. It took three shots (100 steps then a break.) and burned 43 calories over roughly 6 minutes. My lungs are burning and I'm sweating, which means its working.

I'll keep doing this until I can cover more than 100 without taking a break, then I'll add another 100 to the count.

#39 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7428 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:18 PM

Predaking how tall are you?

Good job on the steps, I th7nk thats a very good goal and a good way of measuring your gains on the machine. Keep it up!

#40 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Staff
  • 38979 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:53 PM

6'2" Unless I have shrunk. :)

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2