Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Rycochet : (14 October 2019 - 11:02 AM)

He described the peoples he encountered as some of the most friendly and giving in the world, so naturally, he ate all their food, enslaved them and put them to work looking for gold that did not exist, until they as a people did not exist.

@  Paladin : (14 October 2019 - 09:57 AM)

he landed by coincidence in front of long-term residents.

@  Sabrblade : (14 October 2019 - 09:55 AM)

He said the world was round-o! (He said the world was round-o!) He said it could be found-o! (He said it could be found-o!) That hypothetical, calculated, son-of-a-gun, Columbo! (That hypothetical, calculated, son-of-a-gun, Columbo!)

@  Benbot : (14 October 2019 - 09:22 AM)

In the year 1492, Columbus gave us the day off skoo

@  Noideaforaname : (14 October 2019 - 08:59 AM)

How often do people actually celebrate Columbus or the Pilgrims? Usually it just feels like celebrating the first break in the school year and a nice dinner with the family.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 October 2019 - 08:29 AM)

You've got like two more weeks until the american thanksgiving. Canadian thanksgiving is literally a harvest festival.

@  CVReynolds : (14 October 2019 - 08:09 AM)

Hey, everyone. Come together to enjoy this national holiday made to celebrate a mass-murderer who never set foot in the USA. What fun!

@  Benbot : (14 October 2019 - 07:25 AM)

that's perfect!

@  PlutoniumBoss : (14 October 2019 - 02:22 AM)

A school-bus combiner called Valedictorion.

@  TriBlurr : (13 October 2019 - 12:16 AM)

Honor-Roll

@  Arazyr : (11 October 2019 - 08:18 AM)

I like that one.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (09 October 2019 - 10:39 PM)

Oh, how about Dropout?

@  Pinkcolliebot : (09 October 2019 - 07:47 PM)

Hey Everyone I'm beginning to put together The TF Roll Out Short Hot Rod's Presentation!

@  PlutoniumBoss : (09 October 2019 - 02:35 PM)

Truant.

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 October 2019 - 12:26 PM)

Haslab Unicron may change the direction of Cyberverse or the netflix series.

@  wonko the sane? : (09 October 2019 - 11:31 AM)

Bluecheesewagon

@  Benbot : (09 October 2019 - 07:09 AM)

Those are too friendly--what if he was a Decepticon?

@  PlutoniumBoss : (08 October 2019 - 07:23 PM)

Cheesewagon

@  Dekafox : (08 October 2019 - 12:02 PM)

Bus-Top has a very GoBot vibe

@  Bass X0 : (08 October 2019 - 10:51 AM)

I actually never heard of the name Megalodon until recently.

@  Noideaforaname : (08 October 2019 - 09:44 AM)

Bus-Top, Omnibus, Cerebus, Busicus, Busicon

@  unluckiness : (08 October 2019 - 09:32 AM)

Otto

@  unluckiness : (08 October 2019 - 09:32 AM)

Frizzle

@  Dekafox : (08 October 2019 - 09:10 AM)

Crankshaft?

@  Benbot : (08 October 2019 - 08:55 AM)

What's a good name for a school bus Transformer?

@  lastmaximal : (08 October 2019 - 12:57 AM)

Huh. There's a neat name for Beast Hunters Sharkticon Megs.

@  TheMightyMol... : (07 October 2019 - 11:44 AM)

It's a submarine, we swear!

@  Otaku : (07 October 2019 - 11:26 AM)

@Bass X0 Letting myself comment to say "That's a good one!" and ask "Would a megalodon be a good fit for Megatron?"

@  Benbot : (07 October 2019 - 07:59 AM)

Ohhh good one

@  Bass X0 : (07 October 2019 - 07:39 AM)

I now want a Decepticon shark called Megalotron.

@  TriBlurr : (06 October 2019 - 05:47 PM)

Gives them time to screw up the color of his hands. :p

@  TheMightyMol... : (06 October 2019 - 12:33 PM)

His bulk is too great to teleport across such distances.

@  Sabrblade : (06 October 2019 - 11:09 AM)

Cuz it'll take that long to mass produce.

@  Darth Gonzo : (06 October 2019 - 10:47 AM)

Why is Unicron coming in 2021 and not 2020?

@  wonko the sane? : (06 October 2019 - 06:47 AM)

Shut up rattrap.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (05 October 2019 - 11:58 PM)

We're all gonna die!

@  Rodimus Supreme : (05 October 2019 - 09:29 PM)

UNICRON GOT MADE, BOIS!!!

@  Trpodeca : (05 October 2019 - 07:19 AM)

They seem to be treating all the games with the same reverence.Even ReCoded, which was just an excuse to redo the first game again.

@  Trpodeca : (05 October 2019 - 07:18 AM)

For the first time in about eight years,I've played a Kingdom Hearts game.

@  Maximus Ambus : (05 October 2019 - 03:20 AM)

Redjac Redjac Redjac

@  TM2-Megatron : (04 October 2019 - 10:48 PM)

dual 4ks are the way to go

@  wonko the sane? : (04 October 2019 - 06:29 PM)

And checking: those monitors are REALLY expensive.

@  wonko the sane? : (04 October 2019 - 09:30 AM)

Eh, I'm happy with multiple 1080's personally.

@  Benbot : (03 October 2019 - 07:21 PM)

Everyone needs a 1440 monitor. Just set up my new battle station and I never knew how much I was missing!

@  TheMightyMol... : (03 October 2019 - 06:59 PM)

Each part of a combiner is a complete toy in itself, so no, not really.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (03 October 2019 - 06:47 PM)

Aren't combiners technically BAFs?

@  Rycochet : (03 October 2019 - 02:16 PM)

The Anniversary Beast Wars figures had BAF parts over a decade ago, the minicons of RiD2 had BAF stuff too, heck, the Takara PVC line had Build A Figures back in the early 2000s.

@  Paladin : (03 October 2019 - 01:35 PM)

can't believe Build A Figures finally came to Transformers...

@  RichardT1977 : (03 October 2019 - 11:26 AM)

Originally Galoob made Micro Machines, but Hasbro bought Galoob.

@  Steevy Maximus : (03 October 2019 - 09:49 AM)

Hasbro owns the IP, but licensed it out to WCT. Hasbro owns Tonka, but hasn't actually made a legit Tonka product in years. Basic Fun (IIRC) is taking that over next year from the existing licensee

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Allspark Fitness Project 2014!

workoutrun TRX exercise healthy skinny lifting get big weight loss cardio

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1048 replies to this topic

#1 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7429 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:15 PM

Hey all!  So I decided to just kind of take the reins on this and start the new topic.  Zodberg, I love what you did with the 2013 post and I hope we can keep this kind of success on this page.  

With that being said, for those of you unfamiliar, here it is:  Use each other to motivate each other to either 1) Continue working out and working towards your goals weather they be 1lb, workout once a week, drop 100lbs or whatever, sky is the limit here! or 2) Get away from the computer, off the couch, and working out a bit to better your health.  This is the place to come if you are a first timer, we promise to be easy on you, or if you are a workout guru to come pass on your knowledge to others.  Here is Zodberg's original message to the Allspark community:

http://bmj2k.files.w...manoutofmac.jpg

It's recently become evident that a considerable number of Allsparkers are overweight, out of shape, and generally having difficulty looking good in a swimsuit. So with the new year coming it was agreed in the other thread that we ought to work together in trying to attain the goal of getting a few steps closer to better health and appearance. I volunteered for the task of managing this whole thing because I think weight loss is pretty neat.

We'll share personal behaviour, report binges, get rid of secret food stashes, getting into the habit of jogging and other soft and hard exercise. I might have some friends I know who have advice to contribute to film some fun videos about tips in fitness, like I could get some exercise tips from this guy who works in a dojo and whatever.

So while we're all going to start getting fit in 2013, I think everybody interested in being involved can start by listing everything. So this is charting the starting point so in twelve months we can look back and see how radically some of us have changed.
-Current eating/exercise habits.
-Current weight.
-Personal history, relevant background details, adorable child pictures.
-Changes you're planning, research you've done. Work-out routine?
-Goals (Post a picture of the celebrity who looks like a better version of you).

If you're not comfortable posting a picture of yourself, don't worry about it!
We might pester Kalidor to give us a not-so-public forum like P&R if this idea is popular enough. Maybe even a modest prize for whoever has changed the most (for the better). And I'm open to other ideas.

Take all the candy from Christmas you haven't eaten, and give it to your friends. Don't eat it. Don't. Put that chocolate Santa down! Just go for the candy cane instead. And some Eggnog, yeah."

Again, I think this is great and I think it is something we need to keep moving and pushing each other. 

When I came to the forum I posted a longer page to help describe myself, my styles, weight and suggestions.  Here that info is:

I am 6'2", 230lbs. Im comfortable at that weight, just want to slim down the mid section. At a school now where we have been doing a lot of ruck marches and HERO Crossfit workouts. Those are all designed around military members who have been killed in the line of duty and were big supporters of Crossfit. Today we did the Lt. Murphy workout. 1 mile run, 100 pull ups, 200 push ups, 300 squats and another 1 mile run. Easiest way was to run your mile and then do sets of 5 pulls, 10 push, 15 squats for 20 rounds. Now I cant do pull ups for jive. 1) I suck at upper body with those. Pull ups engage every muscle pretty much in your upper body. 2) I broke my arm/dislocated my wrist a little over a year ago and still have a metal plate in my arm with 6 screws. So the weight of pulling up takes its toll after awhile. For those listed, here is the link to the workouts. Obviously you can motify them anyway you see fit to meet your physical limitations.

Doing these workouts I have noticed a huge amount of strength in my body since starting this school a couple of weeks ago. I have used the TRX systems before and really enjoyed this. Between these workouts and my own personal goals I decided to order a TRX system today for when I get home. I can set up my own home gym with TRX, Kettle bells, medicine ball and an exercise ball in my garage.

I already have a road bike that I like to go out on but I also have a CycleOps trainer that I can hook my bike up to. If you have a mountain bike and not a road bike, do not fret. You can simple change out your back tire to a road tire and still use it. Can be a bit time consuming but its better than dropping money on an entire new bike. That will also be part of my above mentioned home gym.

For motivation, for me, nothing beats music. If you need something else, I suggest you look up a man named Eric Thomas on YouTube or go to his webpage, ETEnterprises. He puts out a free video on Sunday nights/Monday mornings called Thank God Its Monday. They are usually about 10 min long and tosses out free advice on how to motivate yourself to reach your goals and dreams. There are some other videos on youtube of him talking. My fav one is this: How Bad Do You Want It?

Normally for me at the gym I do Arms/Shoulders, Back/Chest, Legs. Normally 3-5 sets of 10-15 reps per set. I try to run at least 1.5 miles every time I go since that is what I have to do for my PT Test. On Cardio days I will extend it out to 3-4 miles. One Workout that is good, 30 min treadmill, 30 min Elliptical and 30 min Exercise Bike. Its kind of like running a mini Tri. Now dont let that work scare you, its not as bad as it seems and you will burn around 1000 calories. A book I read years ago that I still really like and I think has a good workout and diet system is Body For Life.

The main part is diet. There are all kinds of calorie counters out there. My Fitness Pal is a pretty legit option. Its what Weight Watchers uses for their program so you can track daily what it is you are eating. Most of us have smart phones, download the nutritional guides that are on there so when you go out to eat you know exactly what it is you are eating.

For running and biking I like to use my Garmin Forerunner 205. It tracks where you go just like Map My Run or one of those programs, but using the GPS satellites to a bit better degree IMO. Plus, you can import your runs into Google Earth and see just where exactly it was that you went. For running shoes, find a local running store, go get on their machines. They will watch you run and see how your foot moves and will suggest pairs of shoes for you. Best of all, ITS FREE for them to do that. Now of course they want you to buy their shoes, but that is your choice.

This is just some ideas of what I like, have done and have had positive results on. If you have any questions please feel free to ask me. Ive set up personal workout programs for others before and would be more than happy to do it for anybody on here, just tell me what it is you want to do and where you are currently at. The last bit of advice I can give for those of you wanting to lose weight and/or just get in better shape: Get off your ass and do it. And if you feel like quitting, you are already in pain, you are already hurting, why not push through and get your reward?"

Its a new year, it can be a new you!  All you have to do is want it.  I will leave with 1 final video from Eric Thomas that is now a year old, "What do you want"  This is the video that helped me with getting a promotion, hopefully it will help you with your goals.  My goal, lost 15lbs by June. 

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=P5Qn-iK4rOM

These are my new years pics. Both are from the day after Christmas on a family hike in Red Rock Canyon.  Everybody post there pics.  Use your pictures as your motivation and comparison from now until the end of the year.  Maybe even in June post a new pic of where you were at.  I dare you. 

Attached Thumbnails

• Me.jpg
  • TRX Red Rock.jpg

Edited by Darth_Prime, 12 January 2014 - 12:02 PM.

#2 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7429 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:22 PM

Just found this video.  Let him motivate you.  Let him inspire you. 

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=mkf2Sy-hcG8

#3 Zodberg

Zodberg

The doctor is in.

• Citizen
  • 15443 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:37 AM

I will destroy you!

Woooo!

#4 Gryllid

Gryllid

Not a Real Fan

• Supporter
  • 1816 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:35 AM

Starting metrics for this year: 225 lbs, 44 inch waist.

Last year I used MyFitnessPal to track calories and exercise for a while.  I'm going to try to get into that again.  I have it set for losing 1.5 lbs/week now, though I'd be happy with 1/week too.

The holidays and vacation and stuff messed with my exercise routine, but I want to get back to doing cardio 5-6 mornings a week -- exercise bike while it's cold out, running once it warms up a bit.  I also did some strength workouts last year using You Are Your Own Gym (first the DVDs, then the iPad app) so I should probably start that back up again.

#5 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 8609 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:28 AM

Woo, here we go again...

I checked my January 2013 post and I was 138lbs. My weight now at January 2014 is 142lbs. Sigh. My goal last 2013 was to pull off an Aquaman costume (hook handed version) properly, haha. I didn't get a costume done so it's STILL my goal for this year. Preferably by the summer comic related conventions (if Transformers 4 doesn't mess up the schedule).

Yeah, I gained weight instead of losing it last year. I was doing pretty well in the first half, building some muscle, but got complacent and lost it as the year wound down due to snacking. Plus I got lower back pain, ugh.

Exercise routine I'm following is six pack shortcuts but without the meal plans. Now that I know better about lower back pain, I'm taking out the crunches and stuff and substituting them with supermans, planks and bird dogs. Got info here.
http://fitnessblackb...g-fit-part-iii/

My gym membership ends this year by December so I've got to get serious about building muscle and lifting heavy.

Yeah, I know diet is the biggest part of losing weight, more so than exercise. But I've got to keep it in my head that I have to eat more to gain muscle as well. Still figuring it out. In the meantime, a fruit a day, milk after workouts, eggs when I can.

Except tomorrow that is. My friend is treating me to a buffet and I will totally demolish the dessert table and gorge on yogurt and chocolate and cookies. THEN I'll start my diet.

Body suits aren't very forgiving so I've really got to work at it hard if I want to do a good Aquaman. Here's me floating around as Red Tornado mid December. Just held my tummy in when I could remember too.

photo_zps5074b8ef.jpg

Here's to 2014!

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

#6 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Staff
  • 39011 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:51 AM

I set some unrealistic goals this past year, so this year, I am going to work on my weight in more realistic ways. My goal is basically to lose 1-2 pounds a week. To accomplish that, I will be going to the gym three days a week, Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday, and I will get into better shape. I will do my weigh-in and measurements soon and post those as well as my goals.

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#7 Kup

Kup
  • Supporter
  • 3098 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:13 PM

I set a goal to lose 50 pounds this year and to run back to back PR's on my spring and fall half marathons. 

"Someone once told me that Time is a predator that stalked us all our lives, but I'd rather believe that Time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment -- because they'll never come again."

#8 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7429 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:12 PM

Good job with sharing everybody!  When I got on the scale yesterday I was 231.6lbs.  Went on a 5 hour hike yesterday in Red Rock Canyon with some family that lives here in Vegas.  Burned somewhere around 630 calories on the 3 mile hike.  I still haven't fully decided what I am going to do at the gym today, either full body or just legs...prob full body.  I am a HUGE fan of those kind of workouts.

For those of you like Fero that want to bulk up, this is what I have talked about with MusclePharm on Facebook and the workouts they post online. You dont have to buy their products, but you can sure as hell take their free advice much like we all do here. 

*EDIT*  Figured out todays workout.  MusclePharms Fat Burner #43

Walk 10 min Treadmill, 12% incline

Run 10 min Treadmill, 0% incline (Ill be on track)

Walk 10 min Treadmill, 12% Incline

100 Reps Each:

Push Ups

Bench Dips

Weighted Crunches

Pull-Ups (Pull-downs if needed)

Full Lateral Raises

I'm also attaching the workout schedule that I have created.  If you notice, there are not any planned days off.  That's because enough BS comes up that I usually miss a day here or there. Last Sat I didn't make it because I was cleaning the house since I was having people over for UFC fights that night.  But if you want, use this as a template for your own workout schedule.  Write things down in a book or use the fancy computers we all have to track your workouts.  Helps with being able to go back and see where you are missing days.  If you like something, write it over on the side like I did or make a note of something for that day.  

Here is a link to bodybuilding.com with all kinds of links to different kinds of workouts: http://www.bodybuild...bbmaintrain.htm

Attached Thumbnails

• MP Workout 1.jpg
  • 20140102_123810.jpeg

Edited by Darth_Prime, 02 January 2014 - 03:49 PM.

#9 Dissever

Dissever

WHOO WHOO Spring!

• Validating
  • 4843 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:45 PM

My parameters are all screwed up and will be for the whole 2014 year. I suppose I could regularly report in with specialty exercises and dieting, but it may not be directly helpful to most other thread participants. At least I'll be losing a LOT in early March, haha. ;)  Count me as someone interested in a protected forum entry (alternately, I suppose we could leave this thread out in General, and create a sister thread with more personal, gnarly details in a protected subforum).

Here's a brief update:  I have gained ~24 pounds in the last half of 2013, which is expected for pregnancies in women of my age (34) and height (5'9").   I am still engaging in walking ~20-30 minutes daily, which has been shown to shorten delivery time and post-partum recovery.  I was dinged on my last set of bloodwork as being a tad anemic, so I have started including 3 meals a week of red meat, and snacks with apricots, cashews, bananas to supplement for magnesium and iron.

Edited by Dissever, 02 January 2014 - 04:09 PM.

********************************* ->?<- *********************************
I DO ART (SOMETIMES!!) Transformers and dragons, oh my! http://heatherbeast.deviantart.com

#10 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7429 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:51 PM

I think you are perfectly fine with the weight gains since you are a prego...you have an excuse!   Good job on the walks, keep them up!  Looks like you are doing everything you possibly can to keep the weight off yet take care of your baby and your body in the mean time.  Plus....shucks, you are forced to eat red meat a few times a week.  So sorry for your troubles ;)

#11 Dissever

Dissever

WHOO WHOO Spring!

• Validating
  • 4843 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:05 PM

I know, such a delicious predicament. ;)  I'd be interested in hearing what others' routines are like too.  What about hydration?  Vegetable/fruit/etc. eating habits? Do any of you do cheat days, and what do those consist of?  Is anyone doing any special dieting due to health issues, such as gluten-free for celiac disease? Does anyone keep a food journal?  Have any of you had success with goal-oriented fitness related websites such as fitocracy?  Just tossing a lot of questions out there for folks to jump on if they'd like to answer. :)

Edited by Dissever, 02 January 2014 - 04:09 PM.

I DO ART (SOMETIMES!!) Transformers and dragons, oh my! http://heatherbeast.deviantart.com

#12 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7429 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:13 PM

Hydration:  water water water!  Although the occasional Gatorade G2 is wonderful too, especially if you are dehydrated.  Smart Water is another great choice.  Water but it has electrolytes added to it.   The thing to remember when drinking water for hydration purposes: It needs to warm to the body's core temp before the body can use it.  so if its a cold winter day, you know you are a dehydrated, don't worry about making it an ice cold glass.  That's good on hot summer days to also help cool your body's core temp, but on a winter day it wont matter.  Just drink a room temp glass and you will get the benefits from it faster.  

Veggies:  I TRY to eat them with at least dinner.  Im horrible about having them during lunch.  I do however keep baby carrots in my fridge as a snack food.  I also have V8 in a can in my fridge too for when I realize I have missed veggies for a few days. 

Fruits:  I LOVE dried mango slices.  Dont get the candied orange ones, get them from the bulk bins or find a farmers market and get them there. I get mine at Smiths grocery store.  

Cheat Days:  Eh, I try not to have them.  I try to just eat pretty healthy.  But my UFC night was a cheat night last Sat.  New Years Eve I ate all of my left over wings and enjoyed some c hips and salsa....but that was also knowing that I was going hiking the next day.  Ill stop by the occasional fat burger driver through and get something.  Usually I go to Chipotle or a place called Roberto's Burritos.  Both are amazing.  At Chipotle though, Ill get the burrito bowl.  This way I am able to cut out a lot of carbs by not getting the tortilla wrap.  And I get brown rice, it burns better in the body.  So even my cheat day at there I still eat half way healthy.  

#13 NICK NEMESIS

NICK NEMESIS

Www.scatterville.com

• Supporter
  • 17043 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:14 PM

At my worst I was 195, right now I'm 159. 5 more to go.
Eat vegetables, drink water, move around. You'll lose weight pretty much guaranteed.
p.s. and fruit.
Http://www.scatterville.com

#14 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7429 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:15 PM

Good work dude on the weight loss!

I finished todays workout, only did 70 of the full lateral raises instead of 100.  Been dealing with shoulder issues, but I finished the rest.  Feeling wiped out right now.  Tomorrow is another full body workout.  

dinner tonight:  Mango Curry chicken, homemade fresh cut french fries and some veggies cooked in the skillet.  

Supplements:  C4 about 20 min before work, MusclePharm Ammino 1 during the workout and Syntha-6 Strawberry Protien Shake after the workout.  

#15 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 8609 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:15 AM

photo_zps26f770e8.jpg

This was just a portion of my dessert. Had two plates of meat and stuff. Didn't even get to try the ice cream.

Yeah, for me, 2014 and my resolutions starts tomorrow, haha :)

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

#16 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7429 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:11 AM

That all looks amazing!  Im pretty jealous of you.  Im headed to a place this morning called Baby Stacks to meet up with some people from work.  Then I have a full body workout day. My legs were feeling pretty drained last night from everything Ive been doing.  Might take it a little bit easy on them today and do the bike for cardio instead of running.  Its good to switch it up once and awhile.  

#17 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7429 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 07:21 PM

Hiking again today, about 4 total hours. Had a great time!

Attached Thumbnails

• 1488270_10152066101934927_1155808081_n.jpg
  • 1460944_10152066246979927_724000293_n.jpg

Edited by Darth_Prime, 04 January 2014 - 10:30 PM.

#18 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 42183 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 01:52 PM

I bought a stair simulator and intend to start using it daily. But its one of those machines where you NEED to build up to it. I just did... 2 minutes and it wrecked my legs. Got the heart going though, so its a positive wrecking.

I know I need to cut down on my carbs, but my diet hasn't overly changed since 26 when I cut my consumption in half (okay, its rounded out at the sides a bit, and I know it.) and I currently clock in at size 38 pants (canada!) and 255-257 pounds.

I have no real weight goal, but I would like to be able to properly fit into my size 38's again. Two out of three pair I need to refrain from doing up the button.

Edited by wonko the sane?, 05 January 2014 - 03:26 PM.

Per Nick Nemesis's Suggestion: I hate everything.

#19 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7429 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 02:00 PM

Just keep doing the stairmaster, 2 min today, shoot for 3 min tomorrow, 10 min in a week from now. Its only once you push yourself do you find what your limits really are. And once you find them, set new ones.

Is running an option? Guessing you are Canadian, so it might be a bit chilly to run outside this time of year.

Diet is 80% of most weight loss plans. Exercise burns the calories, but if you are inputting more than you are putting out it wont matter how much you do. Im not working out today, im smoked from climbing 3 days this week plus my other workouts. Breakfast is 2 large eggs and a pear fruit cup. going down the street to my cousins house for football today, ner bf is making carne asada for tacos. Will try not to over indulge.

#20 NICK NEMESIS

NICK NEMESIS

Www.scatterville.com

• Supporter
  • 17043 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 02:01 PM

Tangible goals are the best goals. I need to lose a few more inches to feel truly at home in them, but my size 30 jeans can actually button. That's kinda a thing.

Edited by NICKSAUR, 05 January 2014 - 02:01 PM.

Http://www.scatterville.com