Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  wonko the sane? : (03 April 2020 - 12:41 PM)

It arrived! Yay!

@  wonko the sane? : (03 April 2020 - 11:25 AM)

Given how the virus lasts about 3-4 days on metals and plastics, it's about the only way to go about getting stuff right now. I ordered a monitor mount for my desk and the delivery has been pushed back twice already.

@  Maximus Ambus : (03 April 2020 - 11:04 AM)

He ordered it online, says it was to keep those delivery boys in business. I did the same a week ago with some Transformers Studio Series figures off Kapow. Don't know if it's wise or not considering.

@  wonko the sane? : (03 April 2020 - 09:12 AM)

You'd be the first. Everyone else has either been frustrated cause the one they wanted was sold out (like during boxing week.) or rushing to replace something broken.

@  RYNO : (03 April 2020 - 08:53 AM)

I actually walked into a store the other day and just randomly decided to buy at 32inch TV. It was just a Vizio, and grabbed a Mounting Bracket for it. No duress. Just a spur of the moment wanted a TV for my master bedroom.

@  wonko the sane? : (03 April 2020 - 07:31 AM)

Conversely: I've never met a person who wasn't buying a TV under duress... so... yeah.

@  wonko the sane? : (03 April 2020 - 07:20 AM)

I think I've met maybe two people other than myself who count cables before buying a TV.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (03 April 2020 - 05:33 AM)

Seriously.. HDMI splitters and switches are so bloody finicky, but most tvs don't have enough inputs.

@  Maximus Ambus : (03 April 2020 - 05:09 AM)

Just spent a hour trying to get my brothers new Samsung TV to read his Playstation and Blu Ray player only to find he was using a HDMI splitter.

@  Steevy Maximus : (02 April 2020 - 11:07 AM)

I could never master oral bullshittery. But in my day I was quite adept with the written word.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (01 April 2020 - 11:32 PM)

You have mastered the art of Bulljive. You must use this power only for good, or entertainment.

@  Sabrblade : (01 April 2020 - 08:58 PM)

This morning, for one of my online classes, I had to give a positive oral presentation about a play that I hated having to watch. I went into it completely unprepared and just winged it. My professor LOVED my presentation and thought it was excellent. She believed every word I said and honestly thought that I enjoyed that miserable play. Best April Fools ever!

@  ▲ndrusi : (01 April 2020 - 10:06 AM)

Happy Everyone Thinks They're A Comedian Now Day!

@  Donocropolis : (31 March 2020 - 05:45 AM)

Who, I might add, has never been photographed together with Byteman. Just sayin'.

@  Sabrblade : (30 March 2020 - 10:27 PM)

Bruce Wayne's cyberpunk cousin?

@  PlutoniumBoss : (30 March 2020 - 09:27 PM)

Laser Wayne

@  Sabrblade : (30 March 2020 - 09:08 PM)

Luther Unum

@  PlutoniumBoss : (30 March 2020 - 07:09 PM)

Or Lee Derwon.

@  Steevy Maximus : (30 March 2020 - 06:51 PM)

Not to be confused with Leader I

@  Steevy Maximus : (30 March 2020 - 06:50 PM)

He was Leader Uno

@  Steevy Maximus : (30 March 2020 - 06:50 PM)

He was the OTHER Leader 1

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 March 2020 - 06:29 PM)

Or Sideways.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (30 March 2020 - 05:26 PM)

On the other hand, this is Armada we're talking about. It could have actually been Metroplex.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (28 March 2020 - 11:08 PM)

Oh yeah, that was Fort Max. My bad.

@  LBD "Nyt... : (28 March 2020 - 09:12 PM)

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Peritus_Maximus

@  LBD "Nyt... : (28 March 2020 - 09:11 PM)

Christmas Maximus?

@  Maximus Ambus : (28 March 2020 - 01:13 PM)

At least the ozone layer is healing. unless this is a 0.0000000001% thing it's sounds like good news.

@  ▲ndrusi : (28 March 2020 - 09:27 AM)

(But only pretty sure, not 100% sure.)

@  ▲ndrusi : (28 March 2020 - 09:26 AM)

Pretty sure y'all were thinking of Fortress Maximus yesterday.

@  Bass X0 : (28 March 2020 - 12:38 AM)

Dare! Dare to believe you can survive 2020!

@  Steevy Maximus : (27 March 2020 - 08:18 PM)

Baja Blast is back at retail!

@  TheMightyMol... : (27 March 2020 - 03:47 PM)

Shame he wasn't around more. He seemed like such a jolly, happy soul.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (27 March 2020 - 02:16 PM)

No, he was definitely Metroplex. You could tell because he was in Metroplex's distinctive red and green coloration.

@  Paladin : (27 March 2020 - 02:11 PM)

that was Leader-1. or possibly Jolt. maybe Grindor...

@  PlutoniumBoss : (27 March 2020 - 01:57 PM)

Metroplex was in Armada, in a flashback. He was the same size as everybody else. I thought that was the joke.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (27 March 2020 - 12:39 PM)

@Rodimus Supreme: Gah! You are right! How'd I get that mixed up? x.x;

@  TheMightyMol... : (27 March 2020 - 12:14 PM)

There is no Metroplex. Only Zuul.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (27 March 2020 - 11:13 AM)

@Tm_Silverclaw: There is no Armada Metroplex, he was in Cybertron.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (27 March 2020 - 11:12 AM)

And they'd be better off just retooling Metroplex and Fortress Maximus to be somewhat more accurate and changing/adding parts for interaction with later play gimmicks.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (27 March 2020 - 11:11 AM)

I honestly would prefer that for scale purposes.

@  Cyoti : (27 March 2020 - 11:07 AM)

They can redo all the CW combiners as Titan Class figures like Predaking/Devastator.

@  Dekafox : (27 March 2020 - 07:52 AM)

They could just redo Metroplex again too. Especially if it's going to be S3 based. They could also do another Primus to go with the coming Unicron.

@  OverDrive73 : (26 March 2020 - 10:56 PM)

If anyone is bored, or interested... I just added the last chapter to my fanfic comic in Allspark Pictures

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (26 March 2020 - 10:54 PM)

And no.. We could always get Titan Class Superion.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (26 March 2020 - 10:53 PM)

We need Titan Class Transformers Armada Metroplex.

@  Telly : (26 March 2020 - 08:39 PM)

ill be surprised if scorpy isnt the last titan

@  PlutoniumBoss : (26 March 2020 - 05:57 PM)

Too bad a new character titan class figure is pretty much an impossibility.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (26 March 2020 - 05:56 PM)

I want a titan class, really good looking bucket wheel excavator. Like Cybertron Metroplex was supposed to be but didn't quite pull off.

@  wonko the sane? : (26 March 2020 - 03:32 PM)

I just taped up a shower curtain and took my first shower in three weeks. It was heavenly.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (26 March 2020 - 11:48 AM)

I would buy that...

Photo
- - - - -

The Unicron Trilogy Positivity Thread - What did you like about it?

unicron trilogy transformers armada transformers energon transformers cybertron

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
151 replies to this topic

#41 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

I like coffee!

• Staff
  • 39980 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:49 PM

Energon Shockblast with proper elbows and a gun hose is still what I want an ultimate Shockwave toy to look like.

B5ofTKU.jpg

#42 Octavius Prime

Octavius Prime

Do it, FP

• Citizen
  • 10605 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:53 PM

I think I've made it well known that I'm a big UT fan, and that's largely due to the fact that Armada is what got me into collecting as an adult (BW Waspinator was my last TF toy as a kid, when I was about 12 or so). Even so, the toys still hold up pretty well today, even some of the brickier ones (my son LOVES Energon Wing Saber, especially with Energon Optimus, and Overload/Magnus is still a great toy). Cybertron was definitely the pinnacle, and, at least as a toyline, I don't think we've seen a better TF line since. The toys had solid design (still a few quirks here and there, like Overhaul's arms, Hot Shot's weird articulation angles, and Leobreaker), you had a great, theme-based variety of altmode types, adn they did a great job of building up the releases to when Primus was released - by the time he was on shelves, you could have gotten all 4 gold keys to use with his Omega Lock, with Metroplex being the most recent. 

Also, and this is more across-the-board UT, not just cyberton, but I think the series did a great job of giving us new takes (in toy form, at least) on older characters from a different continuity while still having them feel like their own characters. Rodimus, each version of Optimus, each version of Mega/Galvatron, Blurr, Wing Saber, Wheeljack, etc....I mean, I've never been one to shoehorn UT molds into G1/Classics territory, but most of these guys feel so much like their own "person" that I never really felt the need to.

Yes, the minicons were great and I really like them, but I don't know that I like them as much as some other people do. Of all the minicons, the targetmaster triplechangers were my favorite.

#43 Jet

Jet

god shits in my dinner once again

• Citizen
  • 24812 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:20 PM

Armada Starscream, Hot Shot, Mini-Cons, the PS2 game, and everything about Cybertron. The toys were great and the show was actually GOOD.

#44 Jenny

Jenny
  • Citizen
  • 23044 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:22 PM

Yeah, for me, Cybertron was the best out of the 3. Everybody actually sounded like they weren't phoning it in, and the animation, while not Beast Wars/Beast Machines-level, was better than Energon. Plus, the storyline was pretty good.

#45 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

I like coffee!

• Staff
  • 39980 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 06:14 PM

I think I would have really liked Cybertron if it hadn't followed Energon. It might have been great but by that point I was ready for the whole era to just be done.

B5ofTKU.jpg

#46 Boomhauer

Boomhauer

Creator of all things Transformers

• Citizen
  • 5502 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 07:01 PM

I don't particularly like the overall key-inserting stuff but Cybertron has a lot of toys I really liked. Menasor and Quickmix in special are two guys I love tooooo have standing around. Love the noise of spinning ratchet joints.

#47 Buster Darkwings

Buster Darkwings
  • Citizen
  • 3447 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 08:44 PM

I never watched all of Armada or Energon (and have never seen a single episode of Cybertron), but I'm somewhat fond of the original Japanese versions, especially Legends of the Microns with its redone animation and the DVD covers/pack-in-comics by Hirofumi Ichikawa (kinda wish I'd kept the pack-in Microns instead of selling them, but $500 was more important to me at the time).  The OP/ED themes are also pretty catchy. 

Demolishor and Cyclonus will always be special to me since they were the first new-mold Decepticons to be released since what, Machine Wars?  I also like a lot of the Armada Decepticon molds despite their simplicity and limited posability, and their Japanese color schemes are pretty nice.

The individual limbs in the Energon combiners aren't too bad, but I like to think of them as new characters that unfortunately didn't get many fiction appearances, rather than half-assed G1 upgrades.

#48 Echowarrior

Echowarrior

I write stuff...just not as much as I used to.

• Citizen
  • 10683 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:17 PM

It got me back into the hobby properly, and got me to buy both sides, not just good guys. Right now, my UT guys are the core of my primary collection, intermingled with guys from Classics, both Universe lines, both Generations lines, all three Movie lines, a bunch of BotCon figures, HftD, RtS, and PCC.

So yeah, liked the toys. Liked the comics. Love thinking about what could've been with the shows. Seriously, I've said it before, but had the dub not been rushed with Armada and Energon, I suspect we'd remember all of them more fondly.

William Rendfeld
That Echowarrior guy...
Author of "Transformers: Armada (Revisited)"- Allspark Fic of the Month for December 2005. Archive here.
"In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Credited to Thomas Jefferson.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Credited to Winston Churchill.

#49 Jenny

Jenny
  • Citizen
  • 23044 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:20 PM

I think the only good piece of fiction we got besides Cybertron out of the Unicron Trilogy was M Sipher's and Trent Troop's Force of Habit.

#50 McFly

McFly
  • Citizen
  • 887 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:41 PM

Mini-Cons, the overall concept, and the plot (but not the writing) of Armada.

1) Unicron playing the long game.

2) Warring over a clearly finite resource (Mini-Cons)

3) Starscream taking a more noble role, opting to side with the Autobots *at least* long enough to deal with the threat of Unicron.

4) Unicron's hiding place.  Damn.

#51 (Deactivated) C16

(Deactivated) C16
  • Guests

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:57 PM

Energon Shockblast with proper elbows and a gun hose is still what I want an ultimate Shockwave toy to look like.

Something like this?

DSCN1771_zpsc217b215.jpg

Cybertron. The show was actually GOOD.

mfw+analytical+chemistry+was+abbreviated

#52 Kil

Kil
  • Supporter
  • 9741 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 11:52 PM

Has anyone mentioned Bud Hansen yet?

He was great. 

#53 Jet

Jet

god shits in my dinner once again

• Citizen
  • 24812 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:56 AM

Well, for one thing, the dubbers actually had fun with their dub, and they put effort into making sure it was coherent. Sure, the first parts with Velocitron dragged on a bit, but it actually knew what it was doing with the plot (unlike, say, ENERGON), but was probably the first decent TV show we had since Beast Wars ended. Still not Beast Wars or TFA level, or even TFP's level, but it's still better than most of the TF shows out there. They definitely put more effort into it than G1, which tended to be either the boring kind of bad or the hilarious kind of bad. Just ask Donald Glut  :p

Edited by Stungun, 24 December 2013 - 01:56 AM.

#54 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36639 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 02:15 AM

Well, for one thing, the dubbers actually had fun with their dub, and they put effort into making sure it was coherent. Sure, the first parts with Velocitron dragged on a bit, but it actually knew what it was doing with the plot (unlike, say, ENERGON), but was probably the first decent TV show we had since Beast Wars ended. Still not Beast Wars or TFA level, or even TFP's level, but it's still better than most of the TF shows out there. They definitely put more effort into it than G1, which tended to be either the boring kind of bad or the hilarious kind of bad. Just ask Donald Glut  :p

Its C16 you're talking to, their no reasoning with him, though oddly he is more reasonable then some.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#55 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 35140 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 07:08 AM

Guys come on, just let it go. That's not what this thread is about.

"Disabled people donít have special needs. We have very reasonable human needs. Our needs include freedom from abuse, violence, and mistreatment, the right to autonomy and self-direction, the right to represent ourselves, equal opportunity for education and employment, the right to accommodation, and societal inclusion and acceptance.

The need for accommodation isnít a ďspecial needĒ. Itís a basic human right. Itís a leveling of the playing field that allows us the same opportunities and chances as non-disabled people."

- Amethyst Schaber, http://neurowonderful.tumblr.com/

#56 Zodberg

Zodberg

The doctor is in.

• Citizen
  • 15499 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 08:12 AM

Oh wow more image replies they are actually not endearing at all please stop using them.

Cybertron was not a bad show, nor was it a good show, it was a completely typical ordinary average show which blended into Toonami's line-up of stuff like Gundam and Zoids and if it didn't have Transformers branding on it, we would be talking about it as much as we talk about Dinozaurs or whatever. But it was still a good deal better than Energon (as most shows are). And the cut-scene CGI was radiant and glorious. But you know what was more fun to watch than any of the shows? The Toonami ads for the shows.

Armada had a few good figures although it had a rough start considering the expectations RiD left us with. I love me some scavenger now, but when he came out it was kind of a system shock. By Wheeljack I was fully engaged and following every new release and was rewarded with Battle Ravage, and then after maybe 20 years of waiting, we FINALLY got an Arcee. Then Cybertron came and it was amazing. To all the people who thought Mini-cons detracted from the attached figure; Perhaps you were right. That said, I still love my Minicons.

and man Remy had those sweet galleries at Tfkenkon or whatever. So good.

Also Dorkus Maximus and Defunct and PapaPrime were all over the place back then, good times. Oh and I think I was still Neroman back then.

Yes the comics were often bad, but I didn't know any better and I still have fond recollections of early Don, Guido... uh... and I remembering being fond of a lot of the other art at the time.

And we knew on the distant horizon a movie would be coming with only the vaguest notions of how that might ultimately play out.

I'm not one to make a big fuss over spoilers, as I believe they rarely ever actually ruin the experience of watching something when I'm pretty sure I know this MLP episode has a happy ending. But man, it would have been INSANE to watch Armada and see Unicron show up without knowing he was coming.

Woooo!

#57 Lazy Garou

Lazy Garou

Raider of fridges, eater of food.

• Citizen
  • 4171 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:07 PM

to be honest, I did enjoy cybertron a bit. the cgi quality was much better than energon , and even if tfs themselves did'nt had many expressions the designs were awesome and really transmitted that sense of power the robots were  meant to have. Toy wise I enjoyed the whole trilogy.  and it in some toys you feel the ambition of the designers, that they wanted to add more but could n´t.  and yet they managed to make many succesful and memorable toys. 

A persistent predator is always alert!awake! focused! and Zzzz.....

#58 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36639 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:34 PM

Toy wise I enjoyed the whole trilogy.  and it in some toys you feel the ambition of the designers, that they wanted to add more but could n´t.  and yet they managed to make many succesful and memorable toys. 

UT still has some of the best designs, even if more then a hand full of them I'd like to see get a Scoop-Like Update.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#59 Wing

Wing

Puns will continue until morale improves.

• Supporter
  • 18052 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 02:00 PM

Delicious, delicious stock footage and Bravetacular Optimus combinations. I miss them both.

UnHImyv.png

#60 Eva Sigma

Eva Sigma

Back to my old demonic ways

• Citizen
  • 29961 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 02:08 PM

I miss super modes.

Tired of these Optimus Primes that are just a truck cab. I look up over my shoulder at RID and Cybertron Prime, both in Super Mode as they always should be, and it makes me wish for more...

QUOTE(Contrary Mary @ Jul 10 2010, 09:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
boobs count as accessories.

QUOTE(Dvandom @ Oct 26 2010, 05:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Unless you are kaiju-sized, a shinkansen is not a sex toy.

---Dave
3DS Friend Code: 4613 9837 2957 (It's new! Re-add me! Give me your Friend Codes!)