Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 August 2017 - 03:10 PM)

Make it a link instead of just pasting the URL.

@  Evac : (18 August 2017 - 02:56 PM)

If I could post youtube links without them becoming videos in the box, I'd link to the "parrot singing 'Let The Bodies Hit The Floor'" video.

@  Bass X0 : (18 August 2017 - 02:51 PM)

it was....... SPOILERS..... Detective Conan.

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 August 2017 - 02:38 PM)

let the bodies hit the floor, let the bodies hit the floor let the bodies hit the.....FLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR

@  NotVeryKnightly : (18 August 2017 - 02:34 PM)

Only almost?

@  Bass X0 : (18 August 2017 - 02:17 PM)

someone dies almost every episode.

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 August 2017 - 01:59 PM)

Don't be in an anime?

@  Bass X0 : (18 August 2017 - 01:11 PM)

An episode of an anime I watched was about a woman who killed her husband because he spent most of his money on toys instead of on her. Let this be a lesson to us all.

@  TheMightyMol... : (17 August 2017 - 02:24 PM)

You'd be a banker.

@  RichardT1977 : (17 August 2017 - 12:20 PM)

What if you paid your job but they don't love you?

@  BlackMax : (16 August 2017 - 08:01 PM)

...crap, never mind, enough searching and I turned it up. I am convinced this would not have happened without asking.

@  BlackMax : (16 August 2017 - 07:43 PM)

Forgive me for being the last one aboard the bus that came and went after the previous bus... but can anyone direct me to the comic based on UW Megatronia?

@  Bass X0 : (16 August 2017 - 04:36 PM)

I'll refer to Simon Furman's work on Dreamwave.

@  OrionPax44 : (16 August 2017 - 04:28 PM)

How bout if you love your job but they don't pay you?

@  Bass X0 : (16 August 2017 - 02:31 PM)

It doesn't feel like work when you love your job!

@  2017 : (16 August 2017 - 08:24 AM)

Why do you want to remove it? Just in the way or something?

@  Pennpenn : (16 August 2017 - 03:42 AM)

I wonder if there's any way to remove Destiny 2 from the Battlenet launcher entirely?

@  OrionPax44 : (15 August 2017 - 01:55 PM)

Cause they wanna slice your head off but irritation is all they can pull off.

@  Benbot : (15 August 2017 - 10:59 AM)

why do electric razors do such a poor job with the neck?

@  RichardT1977 : (13 August 2017 - 08:17 PM)

"We Are Number One" but with the cancer in remission.

@  Evac : (13 August 2017 - 04:49 PM)

Actually, today, we are ALL number one

@  Evac : (13 August 2017 - 04:49 PM)

HE REALLY IS NUMBER ONE

@  Evac : (13 August 2017 - 04:48 PM)

YES

@  Foffy : (13 August 2017 - 03:53 PM)

Thanks, Patchy~

@  Patchouli Kn... : (13 August 2017 - 03:29 PM)

In these dark, depressing times, let us have a spot of good news: http://heavy.com/ent...nsson-not-dead/

@  Diecast : (13 August 2017 - 03:11 PM)

My wife has that ability to bring up a bill or something the second story starts. Couldn't have been during the silent loading screen either.

@  Noideaforaname : (13 August 2017 - 11:59 AM)

God yes. Nothing like spending three hours collecting items, then the instant you get back to the story LET'S ALL SHOUT ABOUT OUR NEW SOCKS! THEY'RE BLUE!!

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (13 August 2017 - 09:12 AM)

I still say ALL games should have a Subtitled option.. Since when I play in the family room it seems people want to talk EVERY SINGLE cut scene.

@  RichardT1977 : (13 August 2017 - 09:08 AM)

You can usually adjust that in the Settings Menu.

@  Cybersnark : (13 August 2017 - 07:58 AM)

It used to (on the TV I had in my room growing up, for one).

@  Bass X0 : (13 August 2017 - 02:42 AM)

When you mute your tv, it should automatically display closed captioning.

@  Steevy Maximus : (12 August 2017 - 07:18 PM)

Hmmm...Right Stuf was asked about the Brave series at Otakon 2017 a little bit ago..."They'll look into it" Dare to hope?

@  wonko the sane? : (12 August 2017 - 06:51 PM)

It's one button, how hard could it be? :D

@  Steevy Maximus : (12 August 2017 - 05:12 PM)

Oh god...iMovie is SO much more complicated than I thought...

@  RichardT1977 : (12 August 2017 - 04:54 PM)

Even TV Tropes admits that.

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 August 2017 - 04:48 PM)

Because TV Tropes Will Ruin Your Life.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (12 August 2017 - 04:29 PM)

TVTropes is a useful resource. Why is it that people on other sites make fun of using TVTropes terminology?

@  NotVeryKnightly : (12 August 2017 - 04:21 PM)

The TVTropes page even specifically mentions that it's a wrestling term.

@  JasperGunner... : (12 August 2017 - 04:09 PM)

I thought it was a wrestling term

@  RichardT1977 : (12 August 2017 - 04:09 PM)

"Heel-face-turn"? Did you just use a TVTropes term?

@  Nevermore : (12 August 2017 - 03:52 PM)

So each of them thinks the other one is still evil, resulting in a fight.

@  Nevermore : (12 August 2017 - 03:51 PM)

A and B know each other from their times as villains, but neither is aware of the other's heel-face-turn.

@  Nevermore : (12 August 2017 - 03:51 PM)

Eventually, a new threat leads both villains A and B into the enemy lair.

@  Nevermore : (12 August 2017 - 03:50 PM)

Elswehere, former villain B has also given up his plans for world domination and decided to become a part-time ally of the good guys.

@  Nevermore : (12 August 2017 - 03:49 PM)

Former villain A has abandoned his evil ways and decided to become an anti-hero of sorts.

@  Nevermore : (12 August 2017 - 03:49 PM)

Where has this plot been done before:

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 August 2017 - 01:52 PM)

Until you get the taxes for it.

@  Evac : (12 August 2017 - 01:02 PM)

But $69,999 cars are fine

@  Bass X0 : (12 August 2017 - 05:39 AM)

Quote of the day: "When you wreck a $70,000 car you don't wanna drive $70,000 cars anymore"

@  Arazyr : (10 August 2017 - 09:31 PM)

Thanks! Glad people seem to like them!

Photo

Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist and Luke Cage each getting a netflix series, culminating in a "Defenders" mini-series!

Holy Crap

1031 replies to this topic

#921 Gridlock

Gridlock
  • Citizen
  • 293 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 07 February 2017 - 10:49 AM

Full Iron Fist trailer:

#922 Big Show

Big Show

Had about enough of your crap, Mario.

• Supporter
  • 7740 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 07 February 2017 - 11:30 AM

Bring. It. On.

QUOTE(David Willis)
There's a distinct difference between buying something and SUPERbuying.
And SUPERbuying is not quite as extreme as buying the HUG outta something.
There's a hierarchy.

#923 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 22338 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 07 February 2017 - 01:51 PM

This is giving me vibes of both Batman Begins and Iron Man 1 in all the right ways.

Though, his glowing fist (as correct as that is) is also reminding me of the Extremis from Iron Man 3 and early season 1 of Agents of SHIELD, and that ain't good.

Still looking forward to this.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#924 Kil

Kil
  • Supporter
  • 8605 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 03:13 PM

So, Arrow, except he does karate and his first glows and also Claire Temple is there.

#925 Ironbite

Ironbite

YOU WILL LOVE ME!

• Supporter
  • 23536 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 07 February 2017 - 03:40 PM

This is giving me vibes of both Batman Begins and Iron Man 1 in all the right ways.

Though, his glowing fist (as correct as that is) is also reminding me of the Extremis from Iron Man 3 and early season 1 of Agents of SHIELD, and that ain't good.

Still looking forward to this.

Honestly would the Iron Fist look any different now that we've seen Extremis?

Ironbite-effects work is only so good.

xC9l3eY.gif

#926 Rust

Rust

EXTRA THICK

• Supporter
  • 41481 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 08 February 2017 - 07:16 AM

So, Arrow, except he does karate and his first glows and also Claire Temple is there.

"YOU'VE FAILED THIS CITY!"

Numbers 24:17

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. Plato

#927 Echowarrior

Echowarrior

I write stuff...just not as much as I used to.

• Citizen
  • 8723 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 08:35 PM

Well, I finally sat down and watched "Jessica Jones" over the weekend, and now I've started on Season Two for "Daredevil"...dang I waited too long on these.

Don't get me wrong, I could do without the blood and gore, and I wasn't crazy about a lot of what happened during Jessica's show, but I'm enjoying myself.

William Rendfeld
That Echowarrior guy...
Author of "Transformers: Armada (Revisited)"- Allspark Fic of the Month for December 2005. Archive here.
"In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Credited to Thomas Jefferson.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Credited to Winston Churchill.

#928 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 22338 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 09:08 PM

Don't get me wrong, I could do without the blood and gore, and I wasn't crazy about a lot of what happened during Jessica's show, but I'm enjoying myself.

I'm the same way. The material these shows that grants them their TV-MA rating really isn't for me, but everything else these shows deliver (like the story and characters) is top notch.

I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#929 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 17419 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 10:47 PM

I think part of why I liked Luke Cage the best of all of them is it has a bit less of the gratuitous S & V. 

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#930 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 58866 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 14 February 2017 - 08:19 AM

I guess I'm desensitized, as I don't think Jessica Jones or Daredevil featured gratuitous sex.  And while violent, no where near to the level of things we see on A&E.

#931 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 17419 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 09:40 AM

I think for me it was a relative thing. Obviously there are far more violent or sexy shows out there, but even allowing for the "darker" Netflix Marvel Universe, I don't think I expected it in these shows. I'm not completely convinced it served the story line as much. When Cage came out, it still didn't pull any punches (and maybe it's just because the violence was different?), but it seemed to reinforce what could be done.

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#932 Echowarrior

Echowarrior

• Citizen
  • 8723 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 09:10 PM

Well, I haven't seen everything yet, but the sex in "Daredevil" that I've seen so far - I'm about halfway through Season Two now - doesn't bother me too much. The sex in "Jessica Jones", however, got a bit gratuitous at times. Can't really comment on "Luke Cage" yet, as I haven't seen it.

It probably says a lot about me that I'm more bothered by the sex than I am (most) of the violence.

That said, I am looking forward to being all caught up in plenty of time for "Iron Fist", and I'm really looking forward to "The Defenders" proper.

William Rendfeld
That Echowarrior guy...
Author of "Transformers: Armada (Revisited)"- Allspark Fic of the Month for December 2005. Archive here.
"In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Credited to Thomas Jefferson.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Credited to Winston Churchill.

#933 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 17419 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 12:02 AM

No, they each have their own: Daredevil is buckets o blood, Jessica Jones is sexy times, Luke Cage is kick ass and good music.

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#934 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 22338 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 10:39 AM

I wouldn't quite call Daredevil "buckets of blood". Sure, there was blood in it, but the fights more dealt with Daredevil as a brawler who fights his opponents till their knocked out.

Wilson Fisk slamming a guy's head with a car door again and again was much more of a "buckets of blood" kind of thing, but he did that more often. Fisk was the bloody killing one.

#935 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 17419 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 02:07 PM

I meant more the show in general vs specific characters.

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#936 Echowarrior

Echowarrior

• Citizen
  • 8723 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 09:13 PM

That's one thing I do support - the bad guys are the ones dealing out the really nasty deaths. Even the Punisher, who's probably the most hardcore of the more benevolent characters, is more surgical in his kills than guys like Fisk or Kilgrave.

William Rendfeld
That Echowarrior guy...

#937 Paladin

Paladin

Have Zord, Will Travel

• Citizen
  • 8475 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 08 March 2017 - 12:12 PM

Early reviews for Iron Fist are not very good.

http://www.independe...d-a7618121.html

however, a significant number of reviews are also apparently still butthurt over Danny Rand being a white guy so keep that in mind while reading...

SUPERHERO TIME!!!! Ruining Jokes For Everyone! TWITTER: Paladin4221

#938 GodSentinelOmega

GodSentinelOmega

Digital Knight-Mite! Crusading in a Cape!

• Citizen
  • 8975 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 13 March 2017 - 09:36 AM

But he's supposed to be. Isn't he?

fslookup.jpg

#939 Rust

Rust

EXTRA THICK

• Supporter
  • 41481 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 13 March 2017 - 01:59 PM

Leave it to the Internet to be butthurt.

My biggest problem with Iron Fist is the trailers, outside the glowing fist, are indistinguishable from Arrow Season 1, as far as I can tell. That said, I'm the guy who only just finished Daredevil Season 1 yesterday and got about 20 minutes into Jessica Jones before I decided to just start binge watching "Nazi Mega Weapons".

Honestly, I think at this point I'll just wait for the Defenders mini proper and then go back and watch their solo outings. Something about these Marvel outings I'm having a difficult time getting into. Daredevil was a dang good show, don't get me wrong, but it took me forever to work my way through it. Jessica Jones just couldn't hold my interest (Though I did get a kick out of her serving the one guy notice and threatening him with her "laser eyes").

Numbers 24:17

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. Plato

#940 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 15399 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 13 March 2017 - 02:12 PM

But he's supposed to be. Isn't he?

He is in the original comics. He's also a very blatant version of the unfortunate "white savior" trope where a white guy goes into an non-white civilization and learns their "stuff" better than any of them and becomes their "chosen one" and saves them. Very common in older comics and usually pretty racist.

The objection here mainly comes about because there's not anything important about that in Danny's story where you couldn't change his race and still have the same, or frankly a better, version of the character, but Marvel chose to keep the unfortunate trope.

ZacWilliam, none of which has really anything to do with the show itself getting mostly bad reviews as those complaints are about its plot, acting and characterisation being bad.

Edited by ZacWilliam1, 13 March 2017 - 02:13 PM.

Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Holy Crap

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)