Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (21 January 2018 - 07:37 AM)

Bet a lot of military people won't want to work this monday. ;(

@  Pennpenn : (21 January 2018 - 07:27 AM)

It seems sort of intuitive for a lot of people because it's the first day in the week that you're working.

@  Nevermore : (21 January 2018 - 04:54 AM)

Germany considers Monday the first day of the week.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (21 January 2018 - 01:34 AM)

The judge obviously had a more material motive than the one he claimed, there need to be some serious investigation of that case.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (20 January 2018 - 05:04 PM)

The reason is even worse. :(

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (20 January 2018 - 04:34 PM)

That moron is a shame to his profession.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (20 January 2018 - 09:34 AM)

I just think a Judge going on and Jury Tampering, trying to make the Jury think a sex taffiker is innocent is sickening. *won't say why he did that as that goes in P&R*

@  Sabrblade : (20 January 2018 - 09:21 AM)

Heh, the schedules for my work weeks begin with Saturday

@  wonko the sane? : (20 January 2018 - 07:01 AM)

Thing about the US is... you can say that any time you want as much as you want. You're still going to get shot, but it might not be because you said that though.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (20 January 2018 - 02:20 AM)

You just did.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (20 January 2018 - 02:18 AM)

Can I just say that right now... I hate the USA?

@  NotVeryKnightly : (20 January 2018 - 01:34 AM)

There are languages where the days are named for numbers and Sunday is "one". Like Arabic.

@  Pennpenn : (20 January 2018 - 01:31 AM)

Isn't it sort of a religious thing for Sunday to be the start of the week but most people just go with the first day they go to work for the week?

@  unitremover : (20 January 2018 - 01:02 AM)

I feel like I've known plenty of Americans who'd say Monday is the first day of the week.

@  Pennpenn : (20 January 2018 - 12:57 AM)

Personally Monday will always be the first day of the week for me. The notion that Sunday is somehow the first day of the week seems completely nonsensical to me.

@  Pennpenn : (20 January 2018 - 12:57 AM)

I'm fairly sure it is in Australia, but that tends to get blurred because of US influence.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (20 January 2018 - 12:19 AM)

(It's Sunday here in the U.S.)

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (20 January 2018 - 12:18 AM)

Anyone here live in a country where Monday is considered the first day of the week?

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (19 January 2018 - 08:40 PM)

Maybe?

@  Patchouli Kn... : (19 January 2018 - 08:38 PM)

But do they search barf?

@  BlackMax : (19 January 2018 - 08:38 PM)

Under water, the fish don't stink.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (19 January 2018 - 07:42 PM)

I read that at first as "Everyone is a fish...."

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 January 2018 - 06:08 PM)

Everyone has a fetish, I guess.

@  BlackMax : (19 January 2018 - 05:56 PM)

I parsed it as "search barf" at first.

@  Nevermore : (19 January 2018 - 05:05 PM)

Robowang nude hiden cam photos

@  Robowang : (19 January 2018 - 02:54 PM)

Oh, hey, that's not the search bar! Whoops.

@  Robowang : (19 January 2018 - 12:48 PM)

reflector camera mode

@  MEDdMI : (19 January 2018 - 12:14 PM)

But did you get a Snowbombcyclopsragnarokdoomstorm like the US NE got last week?

@  Nevermore : (19 January 2018 - 11:40 AM)

Netherlands? We got one hell of a storm here in Germany the other day too.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (19 January 2018 - 01:59 AM)

When that happens in Cocoa Beach there's always someone getting out their surfboard.

@  CORVUS : (19 January 2018 - 12:04 AM)

Damn!

@  Telly : (18 January 2018 - 10:29 PM)

holy hug

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (18 January 2018 - 06:27 PM)

Goddamn look what happened to the Dutch this week.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (18 January 2018 - 06:27 PM)

https://twitter.com/dwnews/status/954066379610628097

@  Locoman : (18 January 2018 - 03:43 PM)

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand brick and mortar.

@  siccoyote : (18 January 2018 - 04:31 AM)

Who sings the first part of the GIJoe The Movie theme song? (Cobra) Sounds so familiar.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (17 January 2018 - 10:46 PM)

Also true.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (17 January 2018 - 10:40 PM)

I hate brick and mortar stores around here.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (17 January 2018 - 10:38 PM)

But I like the feel of the brick and mortar search a bit more. And I can see inside packages at brick and mortar. True, Amazon has a good return policy, but I like buying once and settling.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (17 January 2018 - 10:37 PM)

I suppose I could save more if I bought more often from Amazon.

@  wonko the sane? : (17 January 2018 - 10:36 PM)

Closest I got to "free" was 30% off warpath, which just about lined him up to the canadian price had he ever shown up around me. The pile of loot saved me a pile, but it was still pricy.

@  Shrug : (17 January 2018 - 09:34 PM)

Yeah, I purposefully waited on them because I knew they'd be perfect "add onto orders to get free shipping" fodder. Already gotten two that way. Technically "free" and I barely had to wait.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (17 January 2018 - 09:21 PM)

That's how I feel about Prime Masters. Getting back into collecting last year taught me to be patient, which grants rewards most of the time.

@  Shrug : (17 January 2018 - 09:18 PM)

I want Starscream so hard after seeing him in person, but since he's the one being left behind by every other collector in my area, I feel like I can wait for a sale.

@  wonko the sane? : (17 January 2018 - 09:09 PM)

I mean: I maybe woulda jumped on starscream if I found a sale or something, but it wasn't a priority.

@  wonko the sane? : (17 January 2018 - 09:08 PM)

I only wanted the dinobots (cause... volcanicus.) but got saddled with three I didn't want due to the bundling. I'd still be waiting to order if I had waited on individual figures.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (17 January 2018 - 08:27 PM)

Ahh.. I just ordered the whole case cause I wanted too. :)

@  wonko the sane? : (17 January 2018 - 06:49 PM)

Mostly PotP dinobots. Plus some stuff I couldn't opt out of to get those dinobots. And CW warpath... cause he was on sale.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (17 January 2018 - 04:54 PM)

What ya getting?

@  wonko the sane? : (17 January 2018 - 04:38 PM)

Yay! My package from BBTS is in canada! I might even get it this week!

Photo

Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist and Luke Cage each getting a netflix series, culminating in a "Defenders" mini-series!

Holy Crap

1120 replies to this topic

#921 Gridlock

Gridlock
  • Citizen
  • 308 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 07 February 2017 - 10:49 AM

Full Iron Fist trailer:

#922 Big Show

Big Show

Had about enough of your crap, Mario.

• Supporter
  • 7825 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 07 February 2017 - 11:30 AM

Bring. It. On.

QUOTE(David Willis)
There's a distinct difference between buying something and SUPERbuying.
And SUPERbuying is not quite as extreme as buying the HUG outta something.
There's a hierarchy.

#923 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 23719 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 07 February 2017 - 01:51 PM

This is giving me vibes of both Batman Begins and Iron Man 1 in all the right ways.

Though, his glowing fist (as correct as that is) is also reminding me of the Extremis from Iron Man 3 and early season 1 of Agents of SHIELD, and that ain't good.

Still looking forward to this.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#924 Kil

Kil
  • Supporter
  • 8828 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 03:13 PM

So, Arrow, except he does karate and his first glows and also Claire Temple is there.

#925 Ironbite

Ironbite

I've got the winning formula

• Supporter
  • 24520 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 07 February 2017 - 03:40 PM

This is giving me vibes of both Batman Begins and Iron Man 1 in all the right ways.

Though, his glowing fist (as correct as that is) is also reminding me of the Extremis from Iron Man 3 and early season 1 of Agents of SHIELD, and that ain't good.

Still looking forward to this.

Honestly would the Iron Fist look any different now that we've seen Extremis?

Ironbite-effects work is only so good.

xC9l3eY.gif

#926 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 42737 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 08 February 2017 - 07:16 AM

So, Arrow, except he does karate and his first glows and also Claire Temple is there.

"YOU'VE FAILED THIS CITY!"

Numbers 24:17

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. Plato

#927 Echowarrior

Echowarrior

I write stuff...just not as much as I used to.

• Citizen
  • 9248 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 08:35 PM

Well, I finally sat down and watched "Jessica Jones" over the weekend, and now I've started on Season Two for "Daredevil"...dang I waited too long on these.

Don't get me wrong, I could do without the blood and gore, and I wasn't crazy about a lot of what happened during Jessica's show, but I'm enjoying myself.

William Rendfeld
That Echowarrior guy...
Author of "Transformers: Armada (Revisited)"- Allspark Fic of the Month for December 2005. Archive here.
"In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Credited to Thomas Jefferson.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Credited to Winston Churchill.

#928 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 23719 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 09:08 PM

Don't get me wrong, I could do without the blood and gore, and I wasn't crazy about a lot of what happened during Jessica's show, but I'm enjoying myself.

I'm the same way. The material these shows that grants them their TV-MA rating really isn't for me, but everything else these shows deliver (like the story and characters) is top notch.

I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#929 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 17870 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 10:47 PM

I think part of why I liked Luke Cage the best of all of them is it has a bit less of the gratuitous S & V. 

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#930 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 60681 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 14 February 2017 - 08:19 AM

I guess I'm desensitized, as I don't think Jessica Jones or Daredevil featured gratuitous sex.  And while violent, no where near to the level of things we see on A&E.

#931 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 17870 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 09:40 AM

I think for me it was a relative thing. Obviously there are far more violent or sexy shows out there, but even allowing for the "darker" Netflix Marvel Universe, I don't think I expected it in these shows. I'm not completely convinced it served the story line as much. When Cage came out, it still didn't pull any punches (and maybe it's just because the violence was different?), but it seemed to reinforce what could be done.

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#932 Echowarrior

Echowarrior

• Citizen
  • 9248 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 09:10 PM

Well, I haven't seen everything yet, but the sex in "Daredevil" that I've seen so far - I'm about halfway through Season Two now - doesn't bother me too much. The sex in "Jessica Jones", however, got a bit gratuitous at times. Can't really comment on "Luke Cage" yet, as I haven't seen it.

It probably says a lot about me that I'm more bothered by the sex than I am (most) of the violence.

That said, I am looking forward to being all caught up in plenty of time for "Iron Fist", and I'm really looking forward to "The Defenders" proper.

William Rendfeld
That Echowarrior guy...
Author of "Transformers: Armada (Revisited)"- Allspark Fic of the Month for December 2005. Archive here.
"In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Credited to Thomas Jefferson.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Credited to Winston Churchill.

#933 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 17870 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 12:02 AM

No, they each have their own: Daredevil is buckets o blood, Jessica Jones is sexy times, Luke Cage is kick ass and good music.

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#934 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 23719 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 10:39 AM

I wouldn't quite call Daredevil "buckets of blood". Sure, there was blood in it, but the fights more dealt with Daredevil as a brawler who fights his opponents till their knocked out.

Wilson Fisk slamming a guy's head with a car door again and again was much more of a "buckets of blood" kind of thing, but he did that more often. Fisk was the bloody killing one.

#935 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 17870 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 02:07 PM

I meant more the show in general vs specific characters.

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#936 Echowarrior

Echowarrior

• Citizen
  • 9248 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 09:13 PM

That's one thing I do support - the bad guys are the ones dealing out the really nasty deaths. Even the Punisher, who's probably the most hardcore of the more benevolent characters, is more surgical in his kills than guys like Fisk or Kilgrave.

William Rendfeld
That Echowarrior guy...

#937 Paladin

Paladin

Have Zord, Will Travel

• Citizen
  • 9122 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 08 March 2017 - 12:12 PM

Early reviews for Iron Fist are not very good.

http://www.independe...d-a7618121.html

however, a significant number of reviews are also apparently still butthurt over Danny Rand being a white guy so keep that in mind while reading...

SUPERHERO TIME!!!! Ruining Jokes For Everyone! TWITTER: Paladin4221

#938 GodSentinelOmega

GodSentinelOmega

Mey Hem Knight-Mite! Mayhem Style!

• Citizen
  • 10044 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 13 March 2017 - 09:36 AM

But he's supposed to be. Isn't he?

fslookup.jpg

#939 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 42737 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 13 March 2017 - 01:59 PM

Leave it to the Internet to be butthurt.

My biggest problem with Iron Fist is the trailers, outside the glowing fist, are indistinguishable from Arrow Season 1, as far as I can tell. That said, I'm the guy who only just finished Daredevil Season 1 yesterday and got about 20 minutes into Jessica Jones before I decided to just start binge watching "Nazi Mega Weapons".

Honestly, I think at this point I'll just wait for the Defenders mini proper and then go back and watch their solo outings. Something about these Marvel outings I'm having a difficult time getting into. Daredevil was a dang good show, don't get me wrong, but it took me forever to work my way through it. Jessica Jones just couldn't hold my interest (Though I did get a kick out of her serving the one guy notice and threatening him with her "laser eyes").

Numbers 24:17

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. Plato

#940 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 15855 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 13 March 2017 - 02:12 PM

But he's supposed to be. Isn't he?

He is in the original comics. He's also a very blatant version of the unfortunate "white savior" trope where a white guy goes into an non-white civilization and learns their "stuff" better than any of them and becomes their "chosen one" and saves them. Very common in older comics and usually pretty racist.

The objection here mainly comes about because there's not anything important about that in Danny's story where you couldn't change his race and still have the same, or frankly a better, version of the character, but Marvel chose to keep the unfortunate trope.

ZacWilliam, none of which has really anything to do with the show itself getting mostly bad reviews as those complaints are about its plot, acting and characterisation being bad.

Edited by ZacWilliam1, 13 March 2017 - 02:13 PM.

Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Holy Crap

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users