Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  PlutoniumBoss : (04 August 2020 - 09:03 PM)

Unless you count the Mask vs Lobo special, but that's less a duel and more a duet.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (04 August 2020 - 08:52 PM)

My favorite crossover fight was Thor vs Shazam/Captain Marvel. Early in the fight, Thor discovers that Billy Batson needs lightning to transform, and being a god of lightning he simply denies him that.

@  Sabrblade : (04 August 2020 - 08:46 PM)

Let's see a fight between Death Battle and Super Power Beat Down

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 August 2020 - 06:15 PM)

Which Lobo later claimed was because he was paid to take a dive. Yes, really.

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 August 2020 - 06:15 PM)

And then there's the times it's been decided by a fan vote, which is how we get things like Lobo (who can go toe-to-toe with Superman at full strength) losing to Wolverine.

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:49 PM)

And then there are the "but my favorite characater will totes win because I say so" people.

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:49 PM)

I mean, there are some people who really approach this from a somewhat reasonable standpoint, coming up with a plausible scenario and a setting that creates a fair environment that doesn't favor one character.

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:46 PM)

My favorite stupid "why would they even fight each other" question recently was about three versions of Optimus Prime (G1, Bayverse and Aligned).

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:45 PM)

Batman obviously can beat everyone. Even Galactus. He's Batman. He's so smart, he'll just throw a Batarang and hit the weak spot at Galactus's forehead, knocking him out instantaneously.

@  wonko the sane? : (04 August 2020 - 11:37 AM)

It's almost like all drama is just manufactured pissing contests to keep us all entertained and distracted. :p

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (04 August 2020 - 10:16 AM)

Or they could go White Ranger vs Scorpion route and have both win. ;P

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:35 AM)

Besides, we all know the answer is nearly always "they fight to a standstill and then team up against a common enemy."

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:29 AM)

The best way to prove this is to give an example where the match is really lopsided in favor of one character but in popularity they're either evenly matched or the weaker one is more popular.

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:27 AM)

The "who would win in a fight" discussions are really just people trying to make "which one's better" into something you can theoretically measure objectively, usually in a very specific way they think they've predetermined their favorite will win.

@  Otaku : (04 August 2020 - 02:01 AM)

@Nevermore So... you're saying you didn't like DC Versus Marvel/Marvel Versus DC?

@  Steevy Maximus : (03 August 2020 - 06:59 PM)

So, what happened to Hasbro's Zoids relaunch? An English dub, some stuff in southeast Asia, and now a game coming in October? That it?

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 10:46 AM)

Tidal wave, cause shooting water gets you nowhere.

@  Darth Gonzo : (03 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Who would win Tidal Wave or Broadside?

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:17 AM)

Btw Happy birthday to those people in the box to the right \o/

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:16 AM)

The bottom line is obvious. It makes no literal sense to fight someone on your faction. :/

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 06:14 AM)

That's because you're doing it wrong. You're supposed to just stack skills and ability against each other. It's not the palace of doom, it's an episode of american gladiators.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:32 AM)

The only obvious winners of such a fight would be the bad guys.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

And what does it even matter? They should work together, not stupidly fight each other for the mindless entertainment of idiot onlookers.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

Why would two good guys fight each other? What are they fighting over?

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:28 AM)

I never understood these "who would win in a fight between two good guys" discussions. They make no sense to me.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 04:17 PM)

If G1 had continued we'd have had Starscream back in spirit - through Krunk, Snapdragons partner and possibly Skullcruncher unless he was mute.

@  Bass X0 : (02 August 2020 - 12:28 PM)

There are some decent impersonators in fandubs though.

@  -LittleAutob... : (02 August 2020 - 10:45 AM)

The only true Starscream voices are Steve Blum and Chris Latta, hands down.

@  Sabrblade : (02 August 2020 - 10:14 AM)

Why they didn't have Scott McNeil voicing that Starscream, when he was the one who had imitated Chris Latta when he voiced Cobra Commander in the DiC G.I. Joe cartoon, is beyond me.

@  wonko the sane? : (02 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Say what you will, that was an awesome scene.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 08:36 AM)

Beast Wars Starsream "I am AIR COMMANDER Starscream of the DECEPTICON BATTLEFLEET!"

@  Nevermore : (02 August 2020 - 07:02 AM)

I liked TF: Prime Starscream.

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:36 PM)

Hearing Starscream's screechy voice in Cyberverse has to be the most annoying thing ever in Transformers. Even his G1 voice wasn't as bad. :doh

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:35 PM)

KUP!

@  Sabrblade : (01 August 2020 - 04:58 PM)

Urkel!

@  TheMightyMol... : (01 August 2020 - 03:16 PM)

Steeeeeeeeve.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (01 August 2020 - 02:57 AM)

LEEEROOOOOOOOY! jhenkenz...

@  Hg Dragon : (01 August 2020 - 01:21 AM)

Candleja-

@  Sabrblade : (31 July 2020 - 11:02 PM)

Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice!

@  Echowarrior : (31 July 2020 - 10:18 PM)

Spongebob!

@  TheMightyMol... : (31 July 2020 - 05:13 PM)

KHAAAAAAAN

@  PlutoniumBoss : (31 July 2020 - 03:04 PM)

Bueller? Bueller?

@  Jet : (31 July 2020 - 11:31 AM)

DONKEY!

@  Maximus Ambus : (31 July 2020 - 06:55 AM)

Spanner

@  Xaaron : (31 July 2020 - 06:49 AM)

Jetstorm

@  Nevermore : (31 July 2020 - 05:33 AM)

Tankor

@  SG Roadbuster : (31 July 2020 - 04:44 AM)

Overrun

@  lastmaximal : (31 July 2020 - 01:33 AM)

Buckethead

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 July 2020 - 07:15 PM)

Now I wonder how many Transformers we can name with the fewest possible different names.

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:38 PM)

Ransack. That's like another 20 or so.

Photo
- - - - -

So, who is it to you? Re-purposing toys as other characters

771 replies to this topic

#41 Walky

Walky

King Kong Aventure Fudge

• Citizen
  • 40686 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:37 AM

There are fleetingly few catformers who are not also SG Ravage at this point.

#42 MrBlud

MrBlud

Goes down smooth...

• Retired Staff
  • 52588 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:48 AM

Prime Kup is now IDW Dipstick.

I might have to steal that :D

card-strongarm.jpg

#43 Gizmoboy

Gizmoboy

I live to serve

• Administrator
  • 10308 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:34 AM

I repurpose guys all the time when I mix my lines together.  I try my best to have a cohesive fiction to try to work them all together.  It gets tough when you have 6 different Megatrons and 4 different Soundwaves though.

#44 Shenanigans

Shenanigans

Cynic-in-residence

• Supporter
  • 6492 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:45 AM

I've started displaying RiD/CR Megatron with my Prime Predacons. He especially looks nice with the Go! versions.

XnIZN7T.jpg 

Shenanigans

Nonsense; mischief; often, a treacherous or deceitful trick.

#45 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

Sorry I'm late. Had to get my powersuit.

• Citizen
  • 11755 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:26 PM

My repurposings start out as renamings (i.e., I take the actual character from the show/movie/books and just change their name), but then they keep getting upgrades, making them even more incomprehensible.

RotF Knockout was renamed to Breakout, who then upgraded into a new body when I realized that I was never going to get my hands on an RotF Knockout toy.

Animated Optimus is actually Road Ranger, a young GoBot who hero-worships Optimus Prime. After his "Wingblade" upgrade in that series, he was further upgraded and sent to Earth (by Elita-1, to protect Optimus from the Wreckers who'd been dispatched [by Magnus] to haul him back in chains), where they all ended up fighting the Predacons.

The Prime Vehicon car is Full-Tilt, since my Decepticons don't use drones and Full-Tilt deserves a good toy.

DotM Soundwave is Rumble/Frenzy (they have matching alt-modes, one in silver-blue, one in silver-red).

Stealth Megatron is Galvatron's current body (though I'm in the market for a new head to give him, if anyone has ideas).

Prime Starscream is Castoff --who is himself a clone of Mayday, who was the Starscream-analogue in Animated (Castoff represents Mayday's survival instinct, which is why he got the hell out of there before the slag hit the fan).

Animated Megatron (Megatron III) is. . . complicated. G1 Cyclonus -> Arm Cyclonus (pretending to be a fool) -> Cyb Scourge (pretending to be G1 Scourge) -> Animated Megatron (pretending to be the "resurrected" Megatron).

Movie-1 Megatron was an insane prototype (the basis of Animated Megatron; thus their resemblance), who believed itself to be Megatron after a brush with the Underbase cube. A one-off villain with delusions of grandeur.

RotF Megatron was that prototype's corpse reanimated by BW Rampage's immortal spark (which had been trapped in the Laurentian Abyss for the past few million years).

DotM Megatron is RiD Scourge, who used to be G1 Scourge before being unwittingly reformatted into Optimus' "son."

Prime Smokescreen is Accellion, a.k.a. Cybertron Hot Shot.

Arm/En Hot Shot was actually Tigertrack.

Meanwhile, upcoming movie Bumblebee (the black one with the yellow trim) will be Hot Shot, the former Spychanger.

Of course, I still have Bumblebee, Hubcap (from the movies & Prime), and Bumper (from Animated) sharing a shelf.

#46 OrionPax44

OrionPax44

Old an falling apart

• Supporter
  • 8166 posts
  • Location:Enjoying a fever dream, wondering where it's gonna lead
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:41 PM

I've started displaying RiD/CR Megatron with my Prime Predacons. He especially looks nice with the Go! versions.

Had'nt thought of that but now I am and yeah he would go pretty well with them.

5473617b-d2fa-4bcd-8a25-8a0dd778f111_zps

I reject your reality and substitute my own

#47 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Thighs should be seductive.

• Supporter
  • 51643 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:07 AM

Y'know, I'm looking at IDW Megatron now, and not only can I see the Predacon Megatron, l can't unsee it. It makes me also not hate him for not being either the Takara or the Cheets colors. I guess I have a repurposing. = )

Edited by Copper Bezel, 08 November 2013 - 01:08 AM.

Shouldn't gravity be doing something?

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#48 gargunkle

gargunkle

super-duper spikey-pokey

• Citizen
  • 5931 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:46 AM

Predacon Megatron as in Beast Wars?  I dunno.

QUOTE(kyde)
Not my finest work, but when life gives you lemons, they're yellow so just paint black stripes on them and call them Bumblebee. Kids will buy them.

#49 Octavius Prime

Octavius Prime

Do it, FP

• Citizen
  • 10759 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:29 PM

Speaking of ROTF Knock Out, I've always used his as a movie-verse Wasp (as in the Animated pre-waspinator). He's not as much of a dick as the Animated version, and actually has some BB hero-worship going on. I've always wanted one of the movie BB car molds to be repainted into Waspinator to give him (Knock Out/Wasp) a faction-switching evolution akin to the Animated character. Preferable the DOTM mold since it's so good, or maybe the HFTD mold since it has the insectile battle-mask and also has an arm cannon like knock-out.

I also have been using Trenchmouth as a movie version of BW Inferno, despite Reverb being the intended Inferno homage for this mold. However, nowadays I almost wish I did get Reverb to use as Inferno because Trenchmouth's colors resemble TFP Knock Out (at least te PRiD toy) somewhat.

#50 gargunkle

gargunkle

super-duper spikey-pokey

• Citizen
  • 5931 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:41 PM

Hmm, RotF Knock Out as Wasp isn't bad, I like that.

QUOTE(kyde)
Not my finest work, but when life gives you lemons, they're yellow so just paint black stripes on them and call them Bumblebee. Kids will buy them.

#51 Octavius Prime

Octavius Prime

Do it, FP

• Citizen
  • 10759 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:30 PM

Damn scraight

#52 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Thighs should be seductive.

• Supporter
  • 51643 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:35 PM

Predacon Megatron as in Beast Wars?  I dunno.

As Broadcast started us off with, yeah. The face and helmet work for either, as does the weapon, the colors all evoke accent colors from his original and TM forms, the build is slightly closer to BW Megatron than to anything G1 Megatron is associated with, and the chest really screams TM Megatron to me now that I'm looking for it.
Shouldn't gravity be doing something?

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#53 Daith

Daith

My Nyah brings all the girls to the yard

• Supporter
  • 9546 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 05:42 PM

Thread necromancy! Totally buying Voyager AoE Hound to be my CHUG Bulkhead.

Switch code: SW-6538-7795-1972

#54 Moroboshi

Moroboshi

Longtime member, sometimes lurker

• Citizen
  • 942 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:13 PM

I use TRU Movie Inferno (the Armada Red Alert redeco) as a non-Animated Flashpoint (the character from the Botcon Animated comics who had Animated Red Alert's body in TRU Inferno's colors). The Animated version was based on that toy (cleverly, since Ani Red Alert was a UT ref anyhow) and netted us a new fembot in the Animated universe... might as well make that thing flow both ways!

Until a Rung toy comes along, my TFs need a therapist (who has an advanced degree in psychiatry and can shoot a life preserver from her torso).

I like to think that she used to be named Inferno but changed her name because people kept expecting her to run into burning buildings, not do book signings.

Edited by Moroboshi, 13 May 2014 - 08:18 PM.

#55 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

Sorry I'm late. Had to get my powersuit.

• Citizen
  • 11755 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 09:35 PM

Thread necromancy! Totally buying Voyager AoE Hound to be my CHUG Bulkhead.

That was my plan too, but the more I look at it, the less it looks like Bulkhead. Ironically for a Bayformer, it's too humanoid --one of Bulkhead's defining features in both Prime and Animated is that he's round, with massive arms and really short legs. AoE Hound is big, but he looks like a big human.

Maybe I'll call him Firetrap. What little we know about Firetrap's "personality" fits better with all the weapons he's carrying.

#56 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

*Vader breathing*

• Administrator
  • 40805 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 10:05 PM

Once I get Kabaya Star Convoy, Animated Activators Megatron is going to be Super Megatron.

B5ofTKU.jpg

#57 Servitor 2152

Servitor 2152

Dancing helper-bot

• Citizen
  • 1859 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 13 May 2014 - 11:08 PM

Some form of AoE Grimlock is going to become my Tyrannitron.

Interested in getting TFSS 3.0 Carzap, Nacelle, or G2 Starscream for $50 plus shipping?  PM me if so.

#58 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30604 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 11:29 PM

Some form of AoE Grimlock is going to become my Tyrannitron.

Use the Walmart redeco of Energon Cruellock.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#59 Zodberg

Zodberg

The doctor is in.

• Citizen
  • 15557 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 11:56 PM

all the Power Core Combiners are the Knights of Cybertron. Although the Mini-cons actually hold higher rank.

Woooo!

#60 Internet Jesus

Internet Jesus

And this is the way the world ends.

• Citizen
  • 22355 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:28 AM

Let's see here.

FoC Soundblaster as Logos Prime

RotF The Fallen as Liege Maximo

Corona Sparkplug as Micronus Prime

Animated Shockwave/Longarm Prime as Amalgamous Prime (might change this to a Movie transformer)

DotM Sentinel Prime as Alchemist Prime

Movie Protoform Optimus Prime as Prima, with the gold Star Saber from the Predaking reissue

Cryofire Predaking as Cryotek

Sharkticon Megatron as Krok

Webdiver Galleon as Kali/Kali's Lament

I'm sure I have some more but I can't recall off-hand.

But in the current, digitized world, trivial information is accumulating every second, preserved in all its triteness. Never fading, always accessible. Rumors about petty issues, misinterpretations, slander... All this junk data preserved in an unfiltered state, growing at an alarming rate. It will only slow down social progress, reduce the rate of evolution. You seem to think that our plan is one of censorship. What we propose to do is not to control content, but to create context.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users