Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (19 August 2018 - 08:40 PM)

I saw him on The Trek BBS some months before he hit the Allspark.

@  Nevermore : (19 August 2018 - 05:47 PM)

He was considered an annoying pest even back then.

@  Nevermore : (19 August 2018 - 05:47 PM)

I finally managed to dig up some of Jason Irelan's earliest posts, at the Alvaro Comicboards Transformers forum. Dating back to 2003.

@  Nevermore : (19 August 2018 - 12:43 PM)

The best thing is that repeatedly buying the same cabinet means an increasing routine in assembling the things.

@  wonko the sane? : (19 August 2018 - 10:39 AM)

Welp, beats me. I got four shelves.

@  Nevermore : (19 August 2018 - 08:38 AM)

Finally I can showcase my collection in an appropriate manner.

@  Nevermore : (19 August 2018 - 08:38 AM)

I bought thirteen display cabinets for my new apartment from Ikea.

@  RichardT1977 : (19 August 2018 - 12:42 AM)

*groan*...

@  PlutoniumBoss : (18 August 2018 - 11:43 PM)

Well don't hang up on us, tel us abaud it!

@  Cybersnark : (18 August 2018 - 04:25 PM)

I'm back with a new modem!

@  wonko the sane? : (18 August 2018 - 03:58 PM)

And I just managed to clean out my bed drawers, so I can move on to the next step when I'm ready.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 August 2018 - 03:45 PM)

I doubt I set any records, but now my cat can't jump on my PC and hit the power button or reset button, so... improvement.

@  RichardT1977 : (18 August 2018 - 02:28 PM)

Back in St. Olaf they used to have IKEA building contests...

@  Paladin : (18 August 2018 - 11:44 AM)

enjoy yur affordable Svedish crap.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 August 2018 - 11:33 AM)

Ikea is dangerous. I bought a new desk and a bed frame...

@  ▲ndrusi : (18 August 2018 - 11:19 AM)

Var.

@  Nevermore : (18 August 2018 - 06:19 AM)

Oh, and there's also a few percent extra wage for every overtime hour on top of that.

@  Nevermore : (18 August 2018 - 06:19 AM)

Some people just work an hour extra every day and then request a day off when they have collected enough hours.

@  Nevermore : (18 August 2018 - 06:18 AM)

Come in on your day off? Work an hour extra on a normal working day? Counts. What you do with your overtime doesn't matter just as long as you worked overtime in the first place.

@  Nevermore : (18 August 2018 - 06:18 AM)

Anything goes - filing a request for financial compensation for your overtime, getting them compensated by spare time either in full "stay at home" days or "go home early" days (always with permission by your superior), it doesn't matter. What matters is that you worked longer than your contract and your official shift plan require you on any given day.

@  Nevermore : (18 August 2018 - 06:16 AM)

Now the important thing here is that overtime is clocked daily, so if you work an hour extra (all overtime prior to the Christmas peak season is voluntary) and then immediately work an hour less on the following day (assuming you got your superior's permission), you may have a net zero on your overtime account but still scored one hour for the premium regardless.

@  Nevermore : (18 August 2018 - 06:14 AM)

In other news, I unlocked an achievement at work: There is an agreement between the works council and the employer which states that anyone who works 55 overtime hours this year between January and the end of September gets a premium in October.

@  Nevermore : (18 August 2018 - 06:12 AM)

Of course, the idiots keep bringing up the fact that DC used it "first", despite us telling them over and over again that who was "first" is completely irrelevant in trademarks.

@  Nevermore : (18 August 2018 - 06:10 AM)

Actually they just settled.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (18 August 2018 - 05:03 AM)

Sounds like Hasbro should win it easily.. They'be been using it constantly for years, so even if DC did have it, they haven't been using and defending their trademark.

@  Nevermore : (18 August 2018 - 04:54 AM)

Well, haven't in a long time, that is.

And there haven't been any toys based on DC's Teen Titans Bumblebee character until recently.

Because Hasbro is selling toys.

The trademark dispute was specifically about toys.

@  Pennpenn : (18 August 2018 - 04:50 AM)

Thought to be fair I didn't even know Hasbro and DC were having a trademark dispute. I thought that was something that would have been settled years ago (and DC wouldn't be doing much with their Bumblebee at the moment given Marvel's using Wasp at the moment)

@  Pennpenn : (18 August 2018 - 04:37 AM)

It sounds like the kind of person isn't going to be deflected by petty concerns like "reason" or "facts".

@  Nevermore : (18 August 2018 - 04:18 AM)

I told him repeatedly that the insects are completely irrelevant because THEY ARE NOT IN THE BUSINESS OF SELLING TOYS (or ANY business at all, for that matter).

@  Pennpenn : (18 August 2018 - 04:08 AM)

Even if he meant that the word "bumblebee" has been used to describe a particular type of insect (which is a much more coherent statement) it's still wrong.

@  Nevermore : (18 August 2018 - 03:40 AM)

Claiming that Hasbro's trademark has always been for "Autobot Bumblebee" (a quick look at any toy packaging in the past 12 years proves this wrong), Apple the computer company has never held a trademark for "Apple", only for "Apple Computers" (the USPTO database proves this wrong), you cannot trademark common words (the USPTO database proves this wrong), the insects have been using the name "Bumblebee" for thousands of years (insects don't speak English), and ARGHHHH.

@  Nevermore : (18 August 2018 - 03:38 AM)

Jesus, there's this moron at TFW2005 who has a history of exceptionally outrageous bulls*** claims who is making all sorts of provably false statements in the thread about the Hasbro/DC "Bumblebee" trademark dispute.

@  TM2-Megatron : (18 August 2018 - 12:06 AM)

If you stop for gas/directions shortly before getting there and the attendant is unusually creepy and/or inbred, turn back

@  Noideaforaname : (17 August 2018 - 09:49 PM)

Booked a cheap cabin in the stormy mountains filled with alcohol. This is either a great find or the start of a horror film.

@  RichardT1977 : (17 August 2018 - 06:55 PM)

I loved those commercials...

@  Patch : (17 August 2018 - 06:14 PM)

Paladin drank Bud Ice once in the 90s, and the penguins have been after him ever since.

@  TheMightyMol... : (17 August 2018 - 01:44 PM)

You weren't using it anyway.

@  Paladin : (17 August 2018 - 12:11 PM)

one by one the penguins steal my sanity...

@  Donocropolis : (17 August 2018 - 06:30 AM)

New band name: The Sabre Worf Hypothesis

@  wonko the sane? : (16 August 2018 - 06:36 AM)

That never goes away. I still have little panic attacks when I see water where it's not supposed to be. I've lived through enough leaking roofs, broken pipes and floods to know it could be a very bad sign.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (15 August 2018 - 09:20 PM)

Despite my parents explaining that to me when I was a kid, I still half-panic every time I see condensation dripping.

@  Shrug : (15 August 2018 - 08:23 PM)

Yup. If the water happens to be on the left or right of the vehicle, make sure to remember that. That way it's real easy to tell if it's something else dripping.

@  Nevermore : (15 August 2018 - 05:15 PM)

So I checked online and it appears... it's totally normal, that's apparently condensed water from the air conditioning.

@  Nevermore : (15 August 2018 - 05:14 PM)

Phew!" For a moment I thought I was in real trouble because when I arrived at home and drove my car into the garage, there was a trail of large wet spots.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 August 2018 - 08:01 AM)

The showerhead exploded off the pipe this morning. So yeah... think it's going to be a "great" day.

@  Donocropolis : (13 August 2018 - 09:44 PM)

Luckily, it was "Wheel Horse Lawnmower"

@  Donocropolis : (13 August 2018 - 09:44 PM)

I knew that my father was getting old when he finally posted a facebook status that was clearly a search term.

Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

BotCon 2014: Registration is over! Finished!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3318 replies to this topic

#3301 Vexwing

Vexwing

You are being deceived

• Staff
  • 3343 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 03:56 PM

Let's riot.

Edited by Shatterblast, 16 June 2014 - 03:57 PM.

35806863916_c3f0822359_o.jpg
I'm on twitter for some reason! Hell if I know why.
@vexwing

www.flickr.com/vexwing

#3302 ChessPieceFace

ChessPieceFace

I have approximate knowledge of many things

• Administrator
  • 22762 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 03:57 PM

Panic, I guess?

I replied to the email from June 6 asking what I should do. I wish I'd known sooner that it was a problem that I hadn't received an email... I didn't even plan to think about this until Wednesday.

#3303 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 62775 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 04:01 PM

Then what do those of us who don't know what time we're supposed to show up for package pick-up do?

If you're on a tour or the custom class, show up at 9:30 on Wednesday.  If not, show up at 6 on Thursday.

Ballroom B in the Convention Center for both days.

Edited by Powered Convoy, 16 June 2014 - 04:01 PM.

#3304 ChessPieceFace

ChessPieceFace

• Administrator
  • 22762 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 01:31 PM

No response to my email (as expected), but TransfrmGod's post in the other BotCon thread is relevant:

Has anyone received the purported "Package Pick-up instructions (email) and event operational notes. That email will be quite long but...".  I admit, I'm getting a little uneasy here.  I know, I know "it's FunPub", "they don't understand technology", "the fax is in the mail", ha ha ha.

I always try to give them the benefit of the doubt, but this is cutting it close, even for my liking.

A couple weeks ago, for the package pickup. Try sending an email their way.

Well, I feel silly.

For anyone else in my situation, be aware that at the bottom of the message I quoted earlier is the line "Also, the schedule has been posted online for the weekend. If you lose your copy of the email or want to reprint your invoice, go to the registration link to log in and click My Account."

Sure enough, I can see and print out the email, which was allegedly sent on the 6th, the same day the message went on their page.  I still don't think it was sent to me, but at least it's accessible, and I don't have to hope that SOMEONE at their end sees my email before leaving for Pasadena.

I went to the Registration link on BotCon.com ( https://www.eventman...ogin.cfm?eid=34 ), logged in, clicked My Account, and there was a link to the email they never sent me. Turns out I'm in the 6PM group, so I guess it's good that I know now to show up early.

Edited by ChessPieceFace, 17 June 2014 - 01:51 PM.

#3305 Mouse_Pad

Mouse_Pad

It's a nice day for a...

• Citizen
  • 8851 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 01:46 PM

I went to the Registration link on BotCon.com ( https://www.eventman.com/login.cfm ), logged in, clicked My Account, and there was a link to the email they never sent me. Turns out I'm in the 6PM group, so I guess it's good that I know now to show up early.

I'm getting nothing but a Cold Fusion error.

Cold Fusion is a thing that's still used by people, apparently.

#3306 ChessPieceFace

ChessPieceFace

• Administrator
  • 22762 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 01:51 PM

Try this link instead: https://www.eventman...ogin.cfm?eid=34

#3307 Vexwing

Vexwing

You are being deceived

• Staff
  • 3343 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 02:25 PM

Woo! Thanks, man!

If several people on this board alone didn't get the pickup info email it's likely to be a pretty widespread problem. Sure can't wait for all the chaos of people forgetting to bring obvious things like their ID or invoice.  :p

35806863916_c3f0822359_o.jpg
I'm on twitter for some reason! Hell if I know why.
@vexwing

www.flickr.com/vexwing

#3308 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 25597 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 02:32 PM

Wahoo! Thank you very much.

Printing out the info now. Looks like I'm in the 7pm group.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#3309 Exillion

Exillion
  • Citizen
  • 1309 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 10:48 PM

I am with the 6pm group.  How early should I get there?  Last time, I was a couple hours.  It was fun standing in line and I got the at-show exclusives no problem, but I don't want to get their too early if it will make no difference.

Knowledge combined with experience are the building blocks to enlightenment.

#3310 G.B.Blackrock

G.B.Blackrock

Autobot Ally

• Supporter
  • 11904 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 11:20 PM

I'm sorry that I didn't think of this sooner, but people looking to shop in the Pasadena area should be aware that a local ordinance here means that you won't get free plastic bags to carry your purchases in. Shoppers are encouraged to bring their own reusable bags (some stores even give you a small discount for doing so) or you can buy a paper bag (usually 10 cents each).

This kind of thing is becoming common in quite a few cities, but it will no doubt come as a surprise if you're not used to it.

#3311 Sean Whitmore

Sean Whitmore
  • Citizen
  • 7656 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 11:26 PM

I'm sorry that I didn't think of this sooner, but people looking to shop in the Pasadena area should be aware that a local ordinance here means that you won't get free plastic bags to carry your purchases in. Shoppers are encouraged to bring their own reusable bags (some stores even give you a small discount for doing so) or you can buy a paper bag (usually 10 cents each).

This kind of thing is becoming common in quite a few cities, but it will no doubt come as a surprise if you're not used to it.

And for anyone who forgets, I'll be standing outside Target selling paper bags for 5 cents a pop for my Souvenir Fund.

PSN: SeanWhitmore

Switch: SW-7452-6932-0513

3DS: 0490-6399-8582

#3312 gargunkle

gargunkle

super-duper spikey-pokey

• Citizen
  • 5925 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:23 AM

BotCon starts today, right?  At least the customs class?  When would we realistically expect to see news starting, Friday I guess?

QUOTE(kyde)
Not my finest work, but when life gives you lemons, they're yellow so just paint black stripes on them and call them Bumblebee. Kids will buy them.

#3313 G.B.Blackrock

G.B.Blackrock

Autobot Ally

• Supporter
  • 11904 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:36 AM

BotCon starts today, right?  At least the customs class?  When would we realistically expect to see news starting, Friday I guess?

We should realistically see the announcement of the custom class figure in two and a half hours (as soon as the class sees it, it will be tweeted, both officially and unofficially, if precedent is any clue).

We'll probably learn about the attendee-only exclusive tonight, when the custom class and "field trip" folks get through registration.

We will learn of the at-con souvenirs tomorrow night just before the club store opens.

Other stuff? Friday's a good bet.

Edited by G.B.Blackrock, 18 June 2014 - 06:09 PM.

#3314 (Deactivated) TF Silverbolt

(Deactivated) TF Silverbolt
  • Guests

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:42 AM

Well it really depends on when Hasbro starts setting up the floor cases, as there usually are a few early things like store exclusives in there. Though I get the idea if you just went up and started taking pictures before you were supposed to Brian Savage would *bampf* right in front of you mid-snap and physically destroy your camera.

#3315 Mouse_Pad

Mouse_Pad

It's a nice day for a...

• Citizen
  • 8851 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:45 AM

Try this link instead: https://www.eventman...ogin.cfm?eid=34

After some futzing around, I was able to determine that the password I use for the club store was too long and/or complex for the Botcon registration site.  I had to reset my password (temporarily) to something short and stupid in order to log in.  So hooray, once again, for Fun Pub web security.

(I'm in the 6:00 group.)

#3316 Exillion

Exillion
  • Citizen
  • 1309 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:47 AM

For custom class attendees, I recall that you get your box set today, but do you get a separate time to get the other exclusives?

Knowledge combined with experience are the building blocks to enlightenment.

#3317 Walky

Walky

A bigger physique than a gorilla captain

• Citizen
  • 38709 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:50 AM

Custom class folks get in line for souvenirs Thursday night at the same time everyone else picks up their regular stuff.

#3318 Sean Whitmore

Sean Whitmore
  • Citizen
  • 7656 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 01:10 PM

We should realistically see the announcement of the custom class figure in two and a half hours (as soon as the class sees it, it will be tweeted, both officially and unofficially, if precedent is any clue).

We will learn of the at-con souvenirs tomorrow night just before the club store opens.

Other stuff? Friday's a good bet.

We'll likely hear from someone tonight what the at-con freebie is as well.

Edited by Sean Whitmore, 18 June 2014 - 01:10 PM.

PSN: SeanWhitmore

Switch: SW-7452-6932-0513

3DS: 0490-6399-8582

#3319 Loki Corvinus

Loki Corvinus

Phantom of The Allspark

• Citizen
  • 838 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 01:49 PM

Maybe they've only sent them out for people taking the custom class.

Someone a few days ago said that if you log into your order page and click on "My Account", there is a copy of your pickup email and instructions there even if you never officially received it in an email.

edit (I should learn to finish reading an entire thread before replying. Well, hopefully this info helps anyone else with the same problem.)

Edited by Loki Corvinus, 18 June 2014 - 01:52 PM.

“Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.” ~ Albert Einstein