Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  MEDdMI : (24 May 2019 - 07:40 AM)

They fight you with sparkles.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 May 2019 - 03:40 AM)

Phyrexians are the bishie-est.

@  unluckiness : (24 May 2019 - 12:29 AM)

That's why they always wear long sleeved shirts and long pants

@  fourteenwings : (23 May 2019 - 11:36 PM)

Everybody knows the most bishie thing about any bishie is his exposed sinew.

@  MEDdMI : (23 May 2019 - 10:04 PM)

*looks up the humanoid slivers* ...really? People were calling those bishies?

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 May 2019 - 12:45 PM)

Have they made a sliver planeswalker yet?

@  RichardT1977 : (23 May 2019 - 10:29 AM)

"DECOMPOSE!"

@  Paladin : (23 May 2019 - 06:29 AM)

will they next evolve into Inhumanoids?

@  Ashley : (23 May 2019 - 02:42 AM)

the original slivers were spikey monsters. then the evolved into humanoids. now they're back to spikey bug monsters.

@  MEDdMI : (22 May 2019 - 10:42 PM)

Wait. Slivers were bishies???

@  unluckiness : (22 May 2019 - 10:40 PM)

They haven't necessarily looped yet. It's possible they're stuck in "yaoi anatomy"

@  Ashley : (22 May 2019 - 10:35 PM)

I think Slivers in MTG have crossed the bishonen line and looped back around to monstrous

@  wonko the sane? : (22 May 2019 - 09:48 PM)

Maxi, provigo, loblaws.

@  RichardT1977 : (22 May 2019 - 09:42 PM)

Which store brand is it?

@  wonko the sane? : (22 May 2019 - 05:52 PM)

I need to buy more "no name" foods. This pizza is freaking awesome.

@  Bass X0 : (20 May 2019 - 11:16 AM)

SEND THE BOOKS!!

@  Cybersnark : (20 May 2019 - 08:52 AM)

So, now that Game of Thrones is over, when can we get back to The Dragon Prince?

@  unluckiness : (20 May 2019 - 12:19 AM)

Like, half of them nowadays are montages of tweet screencaps from the writer's inbox

@  unluckiness : (20 May 2019 - 12:18 AM)

lol you expected integrity from internet news

@  fourteenwings : (19 May 2019 - 11:33 PM)

I'm mostly confused how news sites went from "Analysing all the amazingness of Game of Thrones" to "Fans sure don't like this season!", like... way to prioritize clicks over a solid editorial opinion

@  fourteenwings : (19 May 2019 - 11:30 PM)

[and there's a recurring setting of a "derelict industrial site"] is this like the Toei Quarry?

@  MEDdMI : (19 May 2019 - 11:17 PM)

@Foffy and then that giant lasagna just tipped over and killed everyone, to be later known as the infamous Bad Monday event.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (19 May 2019 - 10:59 PM)

Ahahaha!!! Go read the reactions for yourself. To say anything more here risks spoiling the finale for subscribing Allsparkers, the quality of this season notwithstanding.

@  Foffy : (19 May 2019 - 10:59 PM)

pretty wild how heathcliff was in the game of thrones finale, i was not expecting that crossover

@  TM2-Megatron : (19 May 2019 - 10:48 PM)

were they still super pissed?

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (19 May 2019 - 10:48 PM)

Well, as someone who is not into Game of Thrones, it sure was entertaining to open up social media this evening to unexpectedly see headlines about fan reactions to the finale. Lmao.

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:12 PM)

But it's also a SUPER-well known location in my region, so these extensive exterior shots without any post production alterations completely ruin the illusion for me.

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:11 PM)

I mean, I get why they did it: It's an existing location that fits the purpose, it's open for the public, and they had to shoot some scenes in my home state anyway to due a subsidizing deal.

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:09 PM)

Needless to say, it's not in Berlin, and even what's seen onscreen is waaaaay too modern for something that's supposed to exist in 1929 (even moreso as a derelict site in 1929). The structures seen haven't even been built until the 1960s!

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:07 PM)

I'm currently in the process of watching season 2 of Babylon Berlin, and there's a recurring setting of a "derelict industrial site" or whatever it's supposed to be on the show, and I easily recognize it as a place only a few minutes from where I live (it's actually a former ironworks site that's been turned into a public park).

@  Xellos : (19 May 2019 - 05:52 PM)

Ever since I went to Japan last year, I have friend who dread watching anime with me due to that...

@  Xellos : (19 May 2019 - 05:51 PM)

Not hugely, but I am the type to notice places once I have been there and say "Hey, I've been there!"

@  wonko the sane? : (19 May 2019 - 05:50 PM)

Half of new york city (on tape.) is actually montreal.

@  TM2-Megatron : (19 May 2019 - 05:50 PM)

I watched Death Wish 5 last night and clearly recognized Toronto streets; didn't pull me out of Bronson's 1-man war on drugs or fashion or whatever it was that pissed him off that time

@  TM2-Megatron : (19 May 2019 - 05:49 PM)

it's nice to finally be thought of as exotic by somebody! lol

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 05:48 PM)

In an "I cannot possibly make my brain ignore the location I'm familiar with and pretend it's whatever the story claims it is" way?

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 05:42 PM)

Question for those of you living in exotic locations such as the US or the UK: If you watch a movie or a TV show that features a real-life location as a stand-in for someplace else, and you recognize the real-life location due to having been there in person, does that pull you out of the story?

@  Xellos : (19 May 2019 - 05:15 PM)

Maybe you should have installed macOS in your house instead.

@  Noideaforaname : (19 May 2019 - 04:40 PM)

Nothing like coming home after a long day to find a bird in the house. And then once you sit down for a well-earned rest after leading the bird back outside, you find it had a friend. A friend who *really* doesn't understand how windows work...

@  PlutoniumBoss : (19 May 2019 - 01:26 PM)

Bingo. The big polls don't tell people what's actually happening because that doesn't sell.

@  fourteenwings : (19 May 2019 - 10:59 AM)

IIRC there are good polls but data is easily manipulated so they give people what they want to hear

@  wonko the sane? : (19 May 2019 - 10:58 AM)

The only way to get people interested in politics is to make into reality TV. So they lie to do it.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (19 May 2019 - 01:38 AM)

Yeah, polling these days is garbage.

@  Sean Whitmore : (18 May 2019 - 11:53 PM)

Well, he was an honest man. He wasn’t gonna lie to a 5-year-old.

@  Paladin : (18 May 2019 - 08:34 PM)

Grandfather once said to me, "I'm going upstairs and hug your grandma."

@  Sabrblade : (18 May 2019 - 07:08 PM)

Mama always said that you can tell a lot 'bout a person from 'is shoes...

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 May 2019 - 03:54 PM)

Life is like a box of chocolates. Stay out of the sun or melt into a pile of gross slop.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 May 2019 - 10:26 AM)

Greasy, disappointing and still managing to be over priced?

@  Lancer : (18 May 2019 - 10:22 AM)

... Yes, it is!

@  Noideaforaname : (18 May 2019 - 09:48 AM)

Life's a fillet of fish!

Photo

Random video game image thread!

2500 replies to this topic

#2481 tec

tec

Put a little spring in your step

• Supporter
  • 30296 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 13 April 2019 - 05:27 PM

Peach Fashion Show Pt1

D314rb_U0AAgsbb.jpg large.jpg D314rbeUEAABvrd.jpg large.jpg D314rbrUYAA1OyP.jpg large.jpg D314rbZUEAEIE7h.jpg large.jpg

Visit my store! Vintage toys (SW/ST/TFs Collectables)

www.vintagenerdvana.com

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

#2482 TheMightyMollusk

TheMightyMollusk

Let there be night, and damn the sun

• Supporter
  • 44035 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 15 April 2019 - 03:44 PM

0b0d73110bc1fa30f2d1253fc0e6d600.jpg

#2483 Rust

Rust

all that was real is left behind

• Supporter
  • 45486 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 15 April 2019 - 05:49 PM

...WHY AM I JUST NOW REALIZING THIS?!

Don't fight it, it's coming for you, running at ya / It's only this moment, don't care what comes after
Your fever dream, can't you see it getting closer / Just surrender 'cause you feel the feeling taking over
It's fire, it's freedom, it's flooding open / It's a preacher in the pulpit and you'll find devotion
There's something breaking at the brick of every wall, it's holding All that you know
So tell me do you wanna go?

#2484 tec

tec

• Supporter
  • 30296 posts

Posted 20 April 2019 - 12:11 AM

2B is fantastic

D4kgRb3XsAI-9_Y.jpg large.jpg

www.vintagenerdvana.com

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

#2485 tec

tec

• Supporter
  • 30296 posts

Posted 22 April 2019 - 08:22 PM

Character Creation 3 and 4 where the best for CC in Soul Calibur 

D4zLkZpWwAASb7j.jpg large.jpg D4zLm6mXsAI9XU-.jpg large.jpg

www.vintagenerdvana.com

#2486 Rust

Rust

• Supporter
  • 45486 posts

Posted 23 April 2019 - 07:43 PM

IJLCw1J.jpg

Don't fight it, it's coming for you, running at ya / It's only this moment, don't care what comes after
Your fever dream, can't you see it getting closer / Just surrender 'cause you feel the feeling taking over
It's fire, it's freedom, it's flooding open / It's a preacher in the pulpit and you'll find devotion
There's something breaking at the brick of every wall, it's holding All that you know

#2487 Rust

Rust

• Supporter
  • 45486 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 06:39 AM

Here's a bad joke for you all:

YGg9Xmh.png

Hotly anticipated, brand new grand strategy game from beloved publisher of grand strategy games...decides to put the majority of the game's soundtrack BEHIND A PAYWALL.

For clarification - that's not $7 for a stand alone soundtrack to listen at your leisure. That's $7 to unlock music in the game itself.

Edited by Rust, 27 April 2019 - 06:41 AM.

#2488 Pennpenn

Pennpenn
  • Citizen
  • 12026 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 07:59 PM

God damn it Paradox... I mean, I had zero interest in that game but even from a neutral point of view that's complete bullshit.

#2489 Rust

Rust

• Supporter
  • 45486 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 08:51 PM

I mean, it at least covers the cost of all future music produced for the game as well so no more CK2 music pack nonsense.

On the flip side, that means all Imperator DLC will effectively be silent on the sound front for anyone who didn't shell out $8. It's a minor thing overall (I play most of my games with videos playing over the official soundtrack anyway), but I can't help but feel it wouldn't be allowed to stand if you had to buy the video and audio components of a movie separately.

#2490 The Doctor Who

The Doctor Who

Now With Sheffield Steel!

• Supporter
  • 17861 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 28 April 2019 - 08:27 PM

Pretty much par for the course in the games industry.

Hell, at least it's a straight up obvious price for a defined segment of content.  They could be making you buy funbucks for the pleasure of unlocking new tracks from loot boxes.

nzo8WYb.png

#2491 Rust

Rust

• Supporter
  • 45486 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 08:58 PM

Yeah, except the thing with Paradox is massive quantities of DLC produced for their titles is kind of a defined feature of said titles.

And I do mean MASSIVE quantities of DLC.

gkrlQkC.png

That's their current stable of in-house developed titles currently on the market/being supported. From top to bottom: Crusader Kings II (30 pieces of DLC since 2012), Europa Universalias IV (32 pieces of DLC since 2013), Hearts of Iron 4 (8 pieces of DLC since 2016), and Stellaris (12 pieces of DLC since 2016).

So those purchasing Imperator can expect a long development cycle of the game, with in all likelihood hundreds of dollars worth of DLC purchases on top of the initial purchase price. Except unlike their other games DLC models, those DLC will now not come with new music unless the player has already handed over $8.

I mean, it's not like people don't support the games already given their DLC strategy. It's baffling why they'd insist on a $8 cover charge simply for music. And it's not even $8 cover for DLC music either, like a season pass for your ears. They've locked out by reports 75% of Imperator's vanilla soundtrack.

Edited by Rust, 28 April 2019 - 09:01 PM.

#2492 tec

tec

• Supporter
  • 30296 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 09:41 PM

Hmm who did I make in SC6??

D5XgVy9XoAEQt6f.jpg large.jpg D5XgXJLWsAA8vio.jpg large.jpg

www.vintagenerdvana.com

#2493 Rust

Rust

• Supporter
  • 45486 posts

Posted 01 May 2019 - 08:00 PM

efCAoTd.jpg

#2494 Nutjob R/T

Nutjob R/T

I love this thread.

• Citizen
  • 25105 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 08:13 AM

By Hugo Award Nominated Author Chuck Tingle
Earth is Kill because Santa.

#2495 Creature SH

Creature SH

Condimented

• Supporter
  • 6046 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 10 May 2019 - 04:28 PM

gSD6pQJ.png

j1GI7Gi.gif

#2496 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 21943 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 12 May 2019 - 05:16 AM

OpaHk9W.jpg

#2497 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Retired Staff
  • 9339 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 06:45 PM

8info0p907y21.png

https://www.reddit.c...k_u_smol_frend/

遊び終わ。- ブレラ・スターン少佐西暦2059年

Visit the Transformers Wiki and the IDW Hasbro Wiki!

#2498 Pennpenn

Pennpenn
  • Citizen
  • 12026 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 07:45 PM

I know it's a watermark done in the vain hope people won't steal it, but it does look like the Paras is shunning you.

#2499 Rust

Rust

• Supporter
  • 45486 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:02 AM

When you are playing the latest historic Total War release and leading a popular uprising in ancient China and take a left turn straight into Eternia...

dF7UbC8.jpg

That title.

Creative Assembly knows what it did.

Edited by Rust, Yesterday, 08:02 AM.

#2500 Blot

Blot

Grumble grumble complain grouse.

• Citizen
  • 7758 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted Yesterday, 03:40 PM

He Man is a real Three Kingdoms character.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users