Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  ▲ndrusi : (09 July 2020 - 09:56 PM)

King Nine, however, will not return.

@  Bass X0 : (09 July 2020 - 05:05 PM)

Bass_X0 will return after these messages ^^^

@  TheMightyMol... : (09 July 2020 - 03:37 PM)

WHATAMIFIGHTINGFOOOOOOOOARRGH

@  -LittleAutob... : (09 July 2020 - 02:06 PM)

Okay?

@  Otaku : (09 July 2020 - 07:47 AM)

@TheMightyMollusk Ah, but the series itself has pronounced "Bass" both ways. ;)  Oh, 90s English Capcom video game voice acting...

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 July 2020 - 03:14 AM)

Looking at my Titan Returns collection I can see they realised they didn't have to paint the Titan Masters after wave one, lazy bums.

@  Maruten : (08 July 2020 - 09:13 PM)

No, I'm going with "fish".

@  TheMightyMol... : (08 July 2020 - 04:19 PM)

He stated that it's in reference to the Mega Man character, so it follows the series' tradition of music names.

@  Cybersnark : (08 July 2020 - 03:59 PM)

The real question is if it's "bass" as in music or "bass" as in the fish.

@  Otaku : (08 July 2020 - 01:27 PM)

Well, at least now I know how to pronounce @Bass X0 's screen name. ^^'  Rather, I think I'd just forgotten.  In my defense, it really does look like an emoticon or maybe just "decoration", which is what a lot of folks add to their screen names online.  Usually because someone has the name they really want. XD

@  ▲ndrusi : (08 July 2020 - 01:27 PM)

Extremely unimpressed with your idea that someone making a negative observation you don't like means they "got triggered."

@  NotVeryKnightly : (08 July 2020 - 11:16 AM)

You know somebody asked "And this would be in relation to... what exactly?"

@  Bass X0 : (08 July 2020 - 11:15 AM)

Its because someone got triggered over my random musings instead of just ignoring them. If I read one of your comments that is of no relevance or interest to me, I don't feel the need to say so.

@  -LittleAutob... : (08 July 2020 - 10:56 AM)

All this over someone's username lol

@  ▲ndrusi : (08 July 2020 - 08:34 AM)

Bazro.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (08 July 2020 - 06:34 AM)

It could be Bass 10-0

@  Nevermore : (08 July 2020 - 06:11 AM)

How do you pronounce yourself? "Bass Ex-O" or "Bass Ex-Zero"?

@  Bass X0 : (08 July 2020 - 03:23 AM)

I did almost go with Vile Bass X0, because Vile is cool too.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (07 July 2020 - 08:34 PM)

Bossk Saw

@  ▲ndrusi : (07 July 2020 - 04:16 PM)

Bass XD

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 03:43 PM)

And its not Bass XO, its Bass X0, as in Bass, X and Zero from the Mega Man series.

@  -LittleAutob... : (07 July 2020 - 02:33 PM)

@Trpodeca :( :(

@  -LittleAutob... : (07 July 2020 - 02:32 PM)

Thats what a gray rock is? Then I'm not one.

@  Trpodeca : (07 July 2020 - 02:12 PM)

Man I just learnt about what seemed like a really cool show, only to realize it was a dream and it dosen't really exist.

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 01:02 PM)

Just something I read that I wanted to share. I heard "gray rock" mentioned in a video, so I looked it up and that was the definition.

@  TheMightyMol... : (07 July 2020 - 12:20 PM)

It's a fancy way of saying "Ignore annoying people".

@  NotVeryKnightly : (07 July 2020 - 12:15 PM)

Bass XO has a habit of pasting random drivel here as if doing so were profound.

@  wonko the sane? : (07 July 2020 - 11:30 AM)

And this would be in relation to... what exactly?

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 11:25 AM)

"One strategy for dealing with a narcissist or sociopath is to act like a "gray rock," meaning that you become uninteresting and unresponsive. You don't feed their needs for drama or attention. You don't show emotion, say anything interesting, or disclose any personal information"

@  Nevermore : (06 July 2020 - 07:23 PM)

Oh wow. Studio Series Offroad Bumblebee is awesome. His articulation is amazing.

@  -LittleAutob... : (06 July 2020 - 11:18 AM)

Oof-

@  Maximus Ambus : (05 July 2020 - 01:10 AM)

I got Studio Series 39 Cogman yesterday and woke up to find he'd decapitated my titans returns figures.

@  wonko the sane? : (04 July 2020 - 10:19 PM)

If I had a sarcasm powered mouth.. ooohh waaaiiittt...

@  -LittleAutob... : (04 July 2020 - 05:01 PM)

Heh

@  Bass X0 : (04 July 2020 - 02:56 PM)

"If I had sarcasm-powered legs, I'd do a happy dance...!"

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 July 2020 - 02:39 PM)

The real clones were the friends we made along the way.

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 July 2020 - 01:47 PM)

So the Emperor in episodes 1 through 6 was a clone?

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 July 2020 - 10:47 AM)

(And the 0th anniversary of the last time I couldn't do math.)

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 July 2020 - 10:46 AM)

Today is the 24th anniversary of the day we fought off an alien invasion with the help of Will Smith.

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 July 2020 - 10:41 AM)

Oh the end of the Ottoman Empire of course.

@  -LittleAutob... : (04 July 2020 - 10:14 AM)

*ahem* 4th of July....

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 July 2020 - 08:14 AM)

Nothing of importance has happened before, and nothing of importance will happen again.

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 July 2020 - 08:12 AM)

Nothing of importance happened today.

@  Telly : (03 July 2020 - 09:54 PM)

i want a "i survived 'rona and all i got was this lousy t-shirt"

@  TheMightyMol... : (03 July 2020 - 03:42 PM)

Slogan for 2021: "I Lived, Bitch."

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 July 2020 - 03:23 PM)

They should make the next book in the Survivors series 'I SURVIVED CORONA VIRUS 2020'

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 July 2020 - 03:23 PM)

YEEEE I'M A SURVIVOR-

@  Nevermore : (03 July 2020 - 06:59 AM)

Probably gonna assemble Devastator after work.

@  Nevermore : (03 July 2020 - 06:58 AM)

Ooooh. Overload arrived. He's surprisingly fun.

@  Bass X0 : (02 July 2020 - 04:00 PM)

He's sweeter than the average bear.

Photo

Gotham

883 replies to this topic

#101 Scavgraphics

Scavgraphics

Sometimes bad ponies make the best good ponies!

• Supporter
  • 6393 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 11 May 2014 - 10:31 PM

i dont understand this:

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: My assumption has been that the reason this TV show can be done — rights-wise — is because Batman himself is not in it. That way, it doesn’t overlap with any films. Is that correct?

and im not being snarky lol i really dont get why batman cant be on tv

Could be referring to one of two things...

1) Could be assuming this is a Fox licensed show, similar to how Fox has a license to use X-Men, which would mean there are two "owners" of live action rights for Bat characters, WB (the movies) and Fox (the TV show). However, from what i've seen so far, this is a WB made show, that Fox is buying for the network (like how Netflix is buying a Daredevil series from Marvel, rather than making a Daredevil series themselves).  So it's WB owning the show and the movies, so no licensing issues.

or

2) In the past, WB movie division people have been very much against having the bat characters show up elsewhere.  This is why you pretty much didn't see any non-Batman bat characters in JL/JLU for example.

It most likely has to do with that ongoing legal battle for the 1966 Batman show that seems to be finally coming to some kind of compromise. 

No.  Batman 66 would have no bearing over this show.  The legal issues of that had nothing to do with the rights to Batman, just to the actual episodes of the show. (It's possible that Fox used their rights as a bargaining chip to get Gotham...which would be a good sign for it being given time to find it's audience.)

#102 skankerzero

skankerzero

Back in DFW!

• Citizen
  • 7459 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 12 May 2014 - 12:59 PM

**edit** realized I posted this in the wrong Batman thread.

Edited by skankerzero, 13 May 2014 - 07:07 AM.

-----------
jesse sosa
owner / creative director
Dinosaur Games

#103 (Deactivated) BB Shockwave

(Deactivated) BB Shockwave
  • Guests

Posted 22 May 2014 - 08:25 AM

I am personally hoping Bruce remains a side-character. Certainly, as a kid he did NOT travel the world and prepare himself to become a crimefighter, that came when he was a young adult.

Thing is, you don't really have to like Superheroes for this show to work. There shouldn't be ANY in this show. Related to Batman or not, at its core this is a Crime Drama about a city that is slowly going to hell in hand-basket to the point where it seems like nothing can save it.

Yeah. Take Batman and Joker and replace them with any National Security Agent and Terrorist Madman and the plot of The Dark Knight doesn't suffer any. I can't see why something like that wouldn't work on the small screen. For a "big" as the movie was, the focus was extremely small.

You just summed up Skyfall's story there. :)

#104 Random Items

Random Items

Just this once, everybody lives!

• Retired Staff
  • 10452 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 11:50 AM

#105 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 4916 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 19 June 2014 - 12:36 PM

Considering Fox's trends, I'm not going to get into any sort of fuss when the show probably won't last more than 2-3 seasons at best.  And that's probably more due to the strength of the brand than anything.

#106 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 47890 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 03:49 PM

I dig it. Though Cobblepot being branded a "low level thug" disappoints me a bit. Still, I maintain hopes for this series. At the very least, it'll make for a fun season of television like Birds of Prey.

#107 ZeroX

ZeroX
  • 2226 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 06:55 PM

No idea who the woman in red is supposed to be.

#108 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 47890 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 08:11 PM

I think her name is Fish?

She's the present underworld boss ruling Gotham at the time of the Waynes' murder. She's the primary antagonist for not just Gordon and Bullock, but Cobblepot too.

#109 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36717 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 19 June 2014 - 08:25 PM

Yeah, seems like Cobblepot's personal arc will involve him overthrowing her before the Series is done.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#110 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

Sorry I'm late. Had to get my powersuit.

• Citizen
  • 11707 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:10 AM

Probably Cobblepot turns informant to get Fish out of the way, thereby establishing his "perfectly legit" reputation even as he takes over her business (after liquidating everyone still loyal to her).

#111 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 47890 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 10:07 PM

Nah. Doesn't fit the atmosphere of the story they seem to be setting up. My guess is Cobblepot and Fish are the counterparts to Gordon and Bullock. Showing two sides of the coin - Law and Disorder.

Having not seen the series but going on what we've seen thus far in the trailers, I'd say just as Gordon spends the season learning the ropes from Bullock in the GCPD, Cobblepot is the spoiled little rich kid that dreams of being a gangster and gets "lessons" from Fish - who doesn't kill Cobblepot simply because it would bring a lot of unwanted heat down on their heads. Season finale has Cobblepot gets the leverage he needs to off Fish - possible via a toxin developed by Ivy. Nygma and Bullock learn about Cobblepot moving in on Fish and choose to let things "play out", possibly even with a pay off from Cobblepot with Selena finding out about it (Fish may be a mentor figure to her?) and bringing that information to Gordon, who ends the season learning that his mentor figure is no better then the crooks they routinely go after.

#112 ZeroX

ZeroX
  • 2226 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:46 PM

Nah. Doesn't fit the atmosphere of the story they seem to be setting up. My guess is Cobblepot and Fish are the counterparts to Gordon and Bullock. Showing two sides of the coin - Law and Disorder.

Having not seen the series but going on what we've seen thus far in the trailers, I'd say just as Gordon spends the season learning the ropes from Bullock in the GCPD, Cobblepot is the spoiled little rich kid that dreams of being a gangster and gets "lessons" from Fish - who doesn't kill Cobblepot simply because it would bring a lot of unwanted heat down on their heads. Season finale has Cobblepot gets the leverage he needs to off Fish - possible via a toxin developed by Ivy. Nygma and Bullock learn about Cobblepot moving in on Fish and choose to let things "play out", possibly even with a pay off from Cobblepot with Selena finding out about it (Fish may be a mentor figure to her?) and bringing that information to Gordon, who ends the season learning that his mentor figure is no better then the crooks they routinely go after.

Pamela is about 10-14 right now. Don't think she's quite to the point of "pre-meditated murder by genetically engineered toxin" yet.

Edited by ZeroX, 20 June 2014 - 11:47 PM.

#113 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 47890 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 05:04 PM

Nothing says it has to be per-meditated. Also, the trailers make her look older - like College age. Enough that she's already becoming an ecological advocate and start tinkering with plant genetics. Cobblepot offers her funding for her experiments (As no respectable institution would), but he gets dibs on anything created, no matter how "flawed".

Again, this is all suspicion and not actual fact. But I don't think they'd name drop Ivy in the Trailers if she didn't factor in some how into the seasonal narrative.

#114 Scavgraphics

Scavgraphics

Sometimes bad ponies make the best good ponies!

• Supporter
  • 6393 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 03:12 AM

Well, she's one of the name villians...but I think the actress is like 13-14...age not listed on IMDB, but she played a 7 year old in 2012 movie, so I'm thinking she's in the same age as Bruce and Selina.

#115 Telly

Telly

Kelp of discontent

• Retired Staff
  • 8670 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 08:46 PM

theres supposedly going to be someone who could end up as the joker in every episode of season 1

http://www.comicbook...=zergnet_218677

When I die I will surely go to Heaven for i spent my life in Hell

#116 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

Sorry I'm late. Had to get my powersuit.

• Citizen
  • 11707 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:13 AM

New trailer.

(Before everyone loses their minds; I'm guessing this is not from an episode, but is just staged/edited to get all the proto-rogues in one place.)

#117 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 47890 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:51 AM

New trailer.

Hm. No Ivy - that's good. I was worried she'd be more then a one-off cameo. Really dug the music, and the set up was really good too. I maintain my excitement to see this series, even though it being on FOX means I'm only likely to get one season out of it.

theres supposedly going to be someone who could end up as the joker in every episode of season 1

http://www.comicbook...=zergnet_218677

I'd prefer they not even hint at the Joker this early in the history of the setting (And again, it makes all of Batman's enemies older then he is), but if they're going to do it...do it that way. I like that. Maintain the mystery - though if/when they do have the Joker emerge, cast someone entirely different. Keep his origin cloudy.

#118 Telly

Telly

Kelp of discontent

• Retired Staff
  • 8670 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 02:49 PM

this airs tomorrow night. its going up against big bang theory. i dont hold much hope now

When I die I will surely go to Heaven for i spent my life in Hell

#119 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30374 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 21 September 2014 - 03:39 PM

this airs tomorrow night. its going up against big bang theory. i dont hold much hope now

And I might not get home in time to watch either one, and DVRing them is out of the question. :(

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#120 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 47890 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 06:57 PM

They put it up against Big Bang?

*sighs*

I'd hoped after the bidding war FOX had to get rights to the show, they'd at least pretend they care whether or not it succeeds.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users