Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  wonko the sane? : (19 June 2018 - 12:06 PM)

Or... megatron just goes to war against skynet cause he can't stand the competition.

@  Otaku : (19 June 2018 - 10:53 AM)

As for Megatron vs Skynet... Shockwave decides to partner with Skynet and oust Megatron after first contact is made. We get Terminator/Vehicon hybrids. At first the humans are expedient pawns (why waste loyal Decepticons), then enough humans augmented with Cybertronian tech impress Megs that, after victory, humanity is absorbed into the Decepticon empire. Even if only as second or third class citizens, it still beats being seen as vermin by Skynet.

@  Otaku : (19 June 2018 - 10:51 AM)

Like I said, it is a nitpick; it makes sense, I'd just like to see a "regular" Earth setting where the 'cons take a stealthier approach to things - maybe because the Autobots are a better check against them and so they play the heroes. I mean, they could use various means to take being a sort of M.A.S.K. meets Power Rangers style team. ;)

@  Otaku : (19 June 2018 - 10:45 AM)

@Nevermore Works well enough for me. If I had to nitpick, I think there are actually two different stories being forced together. A "Thunderbolts" style story with the Decepticons doesn't need Skynet... and Megatron liberating the humans from Skynet doesn't need the subterfuge, at least for long.

@  unluckiness : (19 June 2018 - 08:33 AM)

I can dig it

@  unluckiness : (19 June 2018 - 08:21 AM)

So Thunderbolts with giant robots?

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2018 - 06:22 PM)

Thundercracker, in particular.

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2018 - 06:21 PM)

Some of the Decepticons start to really enjoy being the good guys. Well, they enjoy the act, at least. They find fulfillment in their assumed personas.

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2018 - 06:20 PM)

Except SHockwave eventually betrays his teammates and teams up with Skynet.

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2018 - 06:20 PM)

Starscream becomes the young, eager Nightscream, and so on.

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2018 - 06:19 PM)

Megatron becomes the noble Megabolt, taking cues from Beast Wars Silverbolt.

A Thunderbolts-esque masquerade.

In order to do so, the Decepticons pretend to be the good guys and take on different personas.

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2018 - 06:18 PM)

So Megatron decides that hey, the Autobots are stillback on Cybertron, so why not team up with the humans, defeat Skynet, then double-cross the humans?

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2018 - 06:17 PM)

Unfortunately, the Skynet/humans war is already going on, and Skynet is evolving rapidly.

The Decepticons discover Earth and want to plunder its resources.

It would have a really crazy twist:

I've had this crazy idea for a Transformers/Terminator crossover for years.

@  TM2-Megatron : (18 June 2018 - 05:20 PM)

Specifically I'd like to see Skynet's army rise up against him (he did refer to them as an "army of slaves" in Genisys), or even perhaps a peace-minded iteration of Skynet that's existed in a humanoid form long enough to gain some compassion for the human point of view

@  TM2-Megatron : (18 June 2018 - 05:19 PM)

A peaceful resolution would be satisfying for me (it's the only resolution possible in The Matrix series, too), but I think the majority of Terminator fans would walk out think WTF?

@  TM2-Megatron : (18 June 2018 - 05:15 PM)

I liked Clarke as Sarah as well, although I read a lot of complaints online that she looked too young, but I thought she was pretty badass.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (18 June 2018 - 05:11 PM)

I think across these movies, there's a very compelling story about a progressive temporal arms race driven by mutual fear in which Judgement Day keeps getting pushed back, which only gives both sides more time for technological development, and the only true resolution to it is cooperation. But cooperation will never come about because each side fears being wiped out by the other.

@  Paladin : (18 June 2018 - 05:05 PM)

Genisys basically made Sara Connors' entire motivation in stopping judgement day stem from not wanting to sleep with Jai Courtney. and really, can you blame her?

@  PlutoniumBoss : (18 June 2018 - 03:52 PM)

I'll give Genisys another thing, Emilia Clarke made a damn good Linda Hamilton. (As for Jai Courtney looking nothing like Michael Biehn, that just supports my theory that it's not always the same "Kyle Reese" sent back which would explain why John Connor looks different in almost every movie.)

@  Rycochet : (18 June 2018 - 02:54 PM)

I'm not, I'm lost in music.

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 June 2018 - 12:59 PM)

What, again?

@  2018 : (18 June 2018 - 06:33 AM)

It's a time warp. We're trapped in the past.

@  Pennpenn : (18 June 2018 - 05:44 AM)

A rick roll? Really?

@  Waspinator : (17 June 2018 - 11:03 PM)

On the subject of a Mega Man movie

@  Msol : (17 June 2018 - 04:47 PM)

Man I really wish Slash was blue instead of red. Swoop looks off as the only blue one. What a missed opportunity!

@  Otaku : (17 June 2018 - 04:23 PM)

@Bass X0 So, getting back to Mega Man as a movie and smart-aleck answers, wouldn't Astroboy (2009) count? ;) Otherwise, I'm torn; part of me is glad they haven't tried given Hollywood's track record.

@  Paladin : (17 June 2018 - 01:52 PM)

and some TV show...

@  TheMightyMol... : (17 June 2018 - 01:35 PM)

John Connor?! John Connor! JOHN CONNORRRRR!!!!

@  TM2-Megatron : (17 June 2018 - 12:26 PM)

Pretty sure that's what happened to John Connor in that last one

@  MEDdMI : (17 June 2018 - 12:17 PM)

you eat them.... THEY EAY YOU

@  TheMightyMol... : (17 June 2018 - 11:57 AM)

Nanomachines, son!

@  MEDdMI : (17 June 2018 - 11:49 AM)

@Nevermore Rice of fhe Macheens: taking over the world with evil robots the size of rice grains.

@  TM2-Megatron : (17 June 2018 - 11:36 AM)

It eventually goes off the rails, but the bones of an interesting story are there. I enjoyed it more than Rise of the Machines or Salvation

@  Nevermore : (17 June 2018 - 11:26 AM)

There was Genysis, Jujjmend Dae, Salvayshon and Rice of the Macheens, or something.

@  TM2-Megatron : (17 June 2018 - 11:25 AM)

I actually re-watched Genisys the other day, and I'll give it one thing. The beginning of the movie with the pre-Terminator 1 future scenes all looked really fantastic.

@  Xellos : (17 June 2018 - 11:08 AM)

Five, actually, with a sixth in development. Varying degrees of cannonicity between them, though.

@  Pennpenn : (17 June 2018 - 07:59 AM)

There was only two movies, right?

@  Paladin : (17 June 2018 - 07:08 AM)

overall, lousy. there's one great one, one pretty good one and everything else under that brand sucks.

@  wonko the sane? : (17 June 2018 - 06:52 AM)

uuuhhh, what do you think the terminator movies are?

@  Bass X0 : (17 June 2018 - 06:35 AM)

Why has Mega Man never been given a Hollywood movie?

@  Nevermore : (17 June 2018 - 04:32 AM)

Considering at least half our workforce is not of "German" descent, racism should really have no place at our workplace.

@  Nevermore : (17 June 2018 - 04:23 AM)

The one thing that really fascinated me was how he was so adamant that his kids have to learn German that he insisted on only speaking German at home. I'm not saying that this is the one true way to do it, but I did respect him for that.

@  Nevermore : (17 June 2018 - 04:22 AM)

Always cheerful, always friendly. Leaves behind a wife and three kids.

@  Nevermore : (17 June 2018 - 04:21 AM)

I'd have done this either way, but in this case it particularly pissed me off because the deceased coworker was literally the nicest person you could possibly hope to meet.

@  Pennpenn : (17 June 2018 - 04:18 AM)

He deserved it to be suspended. What an imbecile.

Photo

Gotham

851 replies to this topic

#41 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 37312 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 11:03 AM

Plus, giving the Joker a definitive origin kind of undoes a lot of what makes the Joker so remarkable these days, since he has no real set origin story.

Well, the current "Zero Year" arc in the New 52 might not sit too well with you, then...

I checked out before New52 ever began, so it's a non-issue to me, as I imagine it would be to most viewers since a big number for comic sales now is, what 300,000?  Put that against the actual millions of people watching TV and I am very much not alone.

Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#42 Random Items

Random Items

Just this once, everybody lives!

• Retired Staff
  • 10452 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:12 AM

Camren Bicondova is Selina Kyle.

camren-bicondova-selina-kyle-catwoman-go

#43 skankerzero

skankerzero

Back in DFW!

• Citizen
  • 7459 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 21 March 2014 - 12:57 PM

also Harvey Dent:

GOTHAM-Harvey-Bullock.jpg?1395335431

-----------
jesse sosa
owner / creative director
Dinosaur Games

#44 Random Items

Random Items

Just this once, everybody lives!

• Retired Staff
  • 10452 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 01:01 PM

also Harvey Dent:

...looks more like he'd be Bullock than Dent.

#45 skankerzero

skankerzero

Back in DFW!

• Citizen
  • 7459 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 01:05 PM

Actually here

Lots of on set shots:

http://www.dailymail...set-Gotham.html

I don't like huge 'for the sake of coincidence' coincidences in my fiction, so I'm not thrilled that it seems like Bruce and Selena know each other. I hope they just cross paths and leave it at that.

With the actress that plays Catwoman it seems like they're going for a 'young Michelle Pfeiffer' look for her since she has a similar facial structure and her eyes are spaced far apart.

also Harvey Dent:

Yeah, I had to go back and make sure I didn't make a typo, but that's what Newsarama reported him as.

I agree with you though.

-----------
jesse sosa
Dinosaur Games

#46 MrBlud

MrBlud

Goes down smooth...

• Retired Staff
  • 51132 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 21 March 2014 - 01:05 PM

I BELIEVE...in all you can eat buffets.

Plus Newsarama fixed the name.

Edited by MrBlud, 21 March 2014 - 01:07 PM.

card-strongarm.jpg

#47 skankerzero

skankerzero

Back in DFW!

• Citizen
  • 7459 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 01:15 PM

Yeah, just saw that.

Wow, they must have just done that because I went and checked when you posted as I was posting.

-----------
jesse sosa
Dinosaur Games

#48 skankerzero

skankerzero

Back in DFW!

• Citizen
  • 7459 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 01:19 PM

Their biggest mistake is casting kids for Bruce and any other reoccurring character (assuming they're reoccurring) because kids grow up fast.

Hopefully this is all just in the pilot to really kick it off with Bruce's parents being killed.

-----------
jesse sosa
Dinosaur Games

#49 Scavgraphics

Scavgraphics

Sometimes bad ponies make the best good ponies!

• Supporter
  • 6390 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 21 March 2014 - 06:48 PM

There is nothing pointing to Bruce and Selena knowing each other (that I'm aware of) other than a picture of the two actors standing together.

They are planned as reoccurring characters as one elements of the series is Jim Gordon's concern over the orphan left over from his first big case in Gotham, the death of the Waynes. Selena is a troubled street kid apparently.

#50 ZeroX

ZeroX
  • 2226 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 08:30 PM

I hope they're making this Bullock the DCAU/Arkham series version of the character instead of the comic books version. Still no Harlene Quinzel or Jack Napier, but I can't imagine they'd possibly leave the childhood incarnations of these characters out.

Part of me kinda hopes this doesn't mess up the continuity of Smallville so that they can leave open the possibility to do a crossover episode with Tom Welling someday.

#51 Scavgraphics

Scavgraphics

• Supporter
  • 6390 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 09:33 PM

Eventual origin of the Joker has been mentioned.

Bullock has been described as a break the rules to enforce the law rough type.

...Tom Welling will be in his early to mid 40s by the time the kid is old enough to even be a first year Batman. Besides which, Smallville was a CW licensed show. Gotham is a Fox licensed show.

#52 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 25004 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:59 PM

Not to mention that Bruce/Batman has already made frequent appearances in the Smallville Season 11 comics, which appear to be canon to the show.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#53 ZeroX

ZeroX
  • 2226 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 03:00 AM

...Could still be a prequel. >_>

#54 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 25004 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 06:52 AM

...Could still be a prequel. >_>

Only if it's set back in the 90s. :p

I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#55 Shadewing

Shadewing

Evil faces a Black Night

• Supporter
  • 35235 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 24 March 2014 - 09:08 PM

I will say that if Bullock is a major player, and played well, I will probably just watch this for him. Bullock's has become one of my favorite supporting characters in the franchise.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#56 Scavgraphics

Scavgraphics

• Supporter
  • 6390 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 12:28 AM

Donal Logue is often good.

Something I posted on another board...wondering of thoughts here:

That's an interesting point you hint around. This isn't a show on the CW. Fox is a big boy network and a show has to get decent ratings to survive. (And this isn't the fanboy "fox hates sci-fi shows" conspiracy crap...like they invest millions of dollars so the show can fail).

The show has to thread the needle of being a good cop show, inventive enough so people will watch it, but not SO different from the safe stuff they like because they're mainstream TV audiences. Bring in the comic book stuff, but not so much that it turns off or scares or confuses the mainstream folks. Make sure people know this isn't Batman the series...but at the same time make people want to turn in because it's totally Batman the series.

It doesn't have the lax atmosphere of CW to operate in, or the integrated corporate support SHIELD has. FOX is surely paying a pretty penny for the rights to do this show, so from a tv business side, there's some interesting hurdles to jump over.

Edited by Scavgraphics, 25 March 2014 - 12:46 AM.

#57 (Deactivated) BB Shockwave

(Deactivated) BB Shockwave
  • Guests

Posted 25 March 2014 - 08:47 AM

Actually here

Lots of on set shots:

http://www.dailymail...set-Gotham.html

I don't like huge 'for the sake of coincidence' coincidences in my fiction, so I'm not thrilled that it seems like Bruce and Selena know each other. I hope they just cross paths and leave it at that.

With the actress that plays Catwoman it seems like they're going for a 'young Michelle Pfeiffer' look for her since she has a similar facial structure and her eyes are spaced far apart.

also Harvey Dent:

Yeah, I had to go back and make sure I didn't make a typo, but that's what Newsarama reported him as.

I agree with you though.

Has to be Bullock - not only looks like him but well, he has a police badge - I don't think DA's have those. :)

I hate Smallville, but I like Arrow - so hoping this will not mess too much with established characters, it could be good. I just hope they leave Bruce and Alfred on the sidelines and don't make Gordon into someone who shapes Bruce into Batman, as that'd be silly. Bruce has to grow up, and leave to travel the world anyway, eventually.

Hope the Penguin will look the part. I don't want a Burton-esque guy, but he should be short and with a long nose, being NOT handsome is kind of a defining factor as to why he became bitter at the world.

#58 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 25004 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:16 AM

Hope the Penguin will look the part. I don't want a Burton-esque guy, but he should be short and with a long nose, being NOT handsome is kind of a defining factor as to why he became bitter at the world.

He'll be played by Steve Martin.

roxanne_bar.jpg

#59 Scavgraphics

Scavgraphics

• Supporter
  • 6390 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 03:02 AM

#60 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 19632 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 07 May 2014 - 05:27 AM

Has to be Bullock - not only looks like him but well, he has a police badge - I don't think DA's have those. :)

The news site already made the correction that it's Bullock. Did you miss the post right underneath the one you quoted?

I BELIEVE...in all you can eat buffets.

Plus Newsarama fixed the name.

Edited by Naas, 07 May 2014 - 05:27 AM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users