Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Rycochet : (13 December 2019 - 11:56 AM)

Unlike many of his peers, Morton diesn't seem to have gone out of his way to try and take every drug going so he's aged remarkably well.

@  Donocropolis : (13 December 2019 - 11:39 AM)

Doesn't seem to have been a market for it, which is too bad, because it perfectly does what it sets out to do.

@  Donocropolis : (13 December 2019 - 11:38 AM)

Just opened it and suddenly I'm 9 years old again.

@  Donocropolis : (13 December 2019 - 11:38 AM)

Bought myself Fansproject Glacialord for my birthday during their Black Friday sale.

@  Nevermore : (12 December 2019 - 07:45 PM)

Morten Harket of A-ha might have aged 35 years on the outside, but his voice is still pretty much the same as it was in 1984. That's some great training and exercise for you.

@  wonko the sane? : (12 December 2019 - 06:59 PM)

Depends entirely on how badly you cooked them. What?

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 December 2019 - 05:33 PM)

Can it raise the dead?

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:33 PM)

Cheddar can do just about anything.

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:32 PM)

Cream cheese has to be on a bagel or crackers.

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:31 PM)

(for example: I like Swiss cheese on sandwiches, but find it merely tolerable by itself)

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:30 PM)

I mean are you eating it by itself? With crackers? On a sandwich?

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 December 2019 - 04:48 PM)

I would ask, but I'd rather not know.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (12 December 2019 - 03:38 PM)

With my mouth, usually.

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 08:48 AM)

Depends on how you're eating it.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (12 December 2019 - 01:40 AM)

Havarti, without a doubt.

@  Greebtron : (12 December 2019 - 01:28 AM)

Not Don, thanks. I'd like a writer who actually cares enough to do the job properly

@  Benbot : (11 December 2019 - 09:34 PM)

What's your favorite cheese? I'm not sure, but it's hard to beat muenster.

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 December 2019 - 05:10 PM)

Man I wish IDW could do a season 2.5 with a few writers like Michael Charles Hill or Donald F Glut or Paul Davids involved.

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 December 2019 - 04:33 PM)

They were looking for Skids, but the animators forgot he existed again.

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 December 2019 - 02:58 PM)

He regrouped with Omega Supreme, the Dinobots, Skyfire and the Protectobots.

@  Benbot : (11 December 2019 - 08:20 AM)

Did he get infected with the rest of the Autobots or did he smartly remain off-planet?

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 December 2019 - 05:38 AM)

He really just went to the beach for a couple of days, then called it in. Who's gonna follow up on it?

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 December 2019 - 05:05 AM)

Anyone really believe Cosmos searched far enough for more ingredient for Corrostop?

@  Nevermore : (11 December 2019 - 03:48 AM)

Oh, we are pretty good at "forgetting" about that. Insisting on sending people home on their overtime, THEN suddenly rushing to do the "backlog" stuff when it's really overdue.

@  wonko the sane? : (10 December 2019 - 05:43 PM)

I've yet to find an organization which didn't have a backlog of "stuff" that needs to be done, but isn't important enough to put on the schedule proper.

@  TM2-Megatron : (10 December 2019 - 05:01 PM)

I'm sure most good/bad (depending on your POV) bosses would be able to find something for the worker to do, in most cases, even if it's spending 8 hours pretending to push a broom around

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (10 December 2019 - 04:39 PM)

Still better than American jobs. x.x;

@  NotVeryKnightly : (10 December 2019 - 11:10 AM)

I'm pretty sure you've already mentioned this before. Especially that last one.

@  Nevermore : (10 December 2019 - 11:05 AM)

That can be fun if you're strong-willed enough. "Hey, you want to go home? Overtime reduction, there's nothing to do..." - "Nah, not today. I want to work."

@  Nevermore : (10 December 2019 - 11:04 AM)

This applies to the field of work as well. Meaning, your boss orders you to show up for a full shift, you show up on time and are absolutely willing to work, and then your boss realizes he has no work for you, your boss has to pay you for a full shift even if you don't work at all.

@  Nevermore : (10 December 2019 - 11:03 AM)

Fun fact: German law has a concept named "default in acceptance", which postulates that if there is a "service for payment" contract, the party that should provide the service correctly offers their due service, and the party that should pay fails to accept the service within due time, the second party still has to pay the first party even if there was no service delivered.

@  wonko the sane? : (08 December 2019 - 10:54 PM)

If it's seasonal affective disorder, check with your doc about vitamin D supplements.

@  Maximus Ambus : (08 December 2019 - 12:46 PM)

That's what I was thinking too, It's the christmas rush and if that's not stressful enough the cold weather can also impact mental health.

@  wonko the sane? : (08 December 2019 - 12:41 PM)

Might be a stupid question given the comment, BUT: have you done anything outside the ordinary lately? Might just be a stress reaction.

@  Maximus Ambus : (08 December 2019 - 12:29 PM)

I've experienced sleep paralysis with ghostly images and similar things in the past and can snap out of it through moving my fingers. I've definitely hallucinated before and members of both sides of the family have had similar experience, some suffered forms of mental instability in two cases schizophrenia.

@  wonko the sane? : (08 December 2019 - 10:47 AM)

So... either a hallucination or night terrors. Are you prone to this kind of thing?

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 December 2019 - 11:55 PM)

It kept repeating until I sat up.

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 December 2019 - 11:54 PM)

I've been up since three and when sheepish I was hallucinating something knocking twice against my bedroom door.

@  TheMightyMol... : (07 December 2019 - 06:58 PM)

Then repaint Apeface and Snapdragon as Transmetal Optimus Primal and Megatron. It's crazy enough to work.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (07 December 2019 - 05:32 PM)

Moral imperative.

@  Nevermore : (07 December 2019 - 05:13 PM)

Wishful thinking, rumor or leak?

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 December 2019 - 04:48 PM)

Snapdragon for Earthrise.

@  TM2-Megatron : (04 December 2019 - 10:22 PM)

Still not the weirdest thing a Nic Cage character has done in a film

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 December 2019 - 04:00 PM)

Couldn't be worse than him pissing fire as Ghost Rider.

@  Rycochet : (04 December 2019 - 03:38 PM)

The Tim Burton Superman Movie is the DC movie we deserve. It would have Nic Cage in a technosuit punching polarbears.

@  Paladin : (04 December 2019 - 02:59 PM)

Wonder Woman was great. Shazam was amazing. Aquaman... exists.

@  RichardT1977 : (04 December 2019 - 01:54 PM)

TBF, Aquaman and Shazam! were pretty good.

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 December 2019 - 01:00 PM)

Not a difficult feat.

@  Benbot : (04 December 2019 - 11:50 AM)

You just put more effort into telling a compelling story than all of WB's execs.

@  Cybersnark : (04 December 2019 - 11:41 AM)

Cue the flashback to Jonathan, reassuring a terrified child: "What you are is never as important as who you are." Cue Superman's response to Brainiac: "I already know who I am."*John Williams fanfare plays*

Photo

The Flash - CW TV series discussion

comics cw arrow live action

2305 replies to this topic

#41 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 8752 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:42 PM

Golden Glider's a Rogue? And kinda alive? Interesting. Considering she only slices people up with her skates as her gimmick before, that's a step up. And they used the kid as the Trickster instead of Jesse James, hmm. Maybe I will look this up, thanks icon-hotrod.gif

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

#42 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36509 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:24 PM

Yeah, Glider's gotten a major overhaul; is somewhat alive (in a coma but aware of the world) and no more skates. icon-fire.gif She is Cold's driving force in the series making sure she stays alive until she's completely recovers. She's been kinda the heart of the Rogues and is a relationship with Mirror Master due to their common bond of not really able to be part of the world.

Check out Rogues #1 (Flash 23.3) if you want to get an idea of what the Nu52 Rogues are like; Trickster doesn't show up much there due to being in prison for most of it, but the rest are for the whole issue. It goes over the basics of their origins and introduces each to certain extent though Cold and Glider get the most focus. I feel it really does a good job of showing how they're pretty much a family and that they aren't really villains despite being career criminals. (I really love how they demonstrate that in the issue) If you enjoy them in this issue, I definitely say catch up on the Flash series to see each one much more in-depth as each one gets at least one issue to really shine. They're a large part of why I continue to read the Flash series.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#43 Cheetimus Primal

Cheetimus Primal
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:26 AM

I figured this deserved it's own topic since they won't be keeping him in Arrow anymore. I wanted to post this latest news and saw no thread so... yeah.

Anywho, check this out:

http://www.comicbook...e/news/?a=91015

Character Descriptions For 'Iris' & 'Detective West' In THE FLASH TV Show

Casting Director David Rapaport confirmed that Barry Allen will have support in the upcoming Flash tv show from Iris West, and Detective West. Well now we have some leaked descriptions, and they've made a few changes to the comic book incarnations of these characters.

Our own Alex Lynch (by way of his site Bludhaven Banter) has come across a couple of character descriptions for the upcoming CW take on The Flash. We saw Barry Allen make his debut on last night's episode of Arrow, but we know that when he gets the spotlight in his own series he'll be joined buy a couple of names familiar to comic readers: Iris and Detective West. What's immediately apparent from the below descriptions is that these versions of the characters will be African American.

IRIS - 22-28 - African-American - As smart as she is beautiful, Iris is in grad school studying psychology. She's also Barry's mile a minute, fast-talking, quick-witted best friend. Her father, Detective West, took in Barry when his mother was murdered, and his father was wrongly accused and imprisoned for her murder. In a tough childhood for Barry, she was the one "not tough" thing. She's unaware of Barry's strong feelings for her.

DETECTIVE WEST - Late 40s to Early 50s - African American -Detective West is an honest, blue-collar cop who's seen it all. A soulful, funny caring father to Iris, and a surrogate father to Barry, West came up through the foster system himself. He took in Barry after his mother's murder and his father's imprisonment. He believes in Barry and supports Barry's efforts to prove his father's innocence.

So a race change -- not uncommon these days, and surely not a big deal. Of course Iris West is Wally West's (another character to take up the Flash mantle) Aunt, so can we assume we'll also see him zip onto out screens at some point?

So would this mean a possible black Wally down the line?
24674394486_13a96b16e0_o.jpg

#44 G.B.Blackrock

G.B.Blackrock

Autobot Ally

• Supporter
  • 12680 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:48 AM

Possible, but I wouldn't assume Wally will make an appearance at all....

#45 Cheetimus Primal

Cheetimus Primal

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:53 AM

With a whole series to fill on the CW? Yeah, I'm betting he will.

#46 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 29134 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 02:44 PM

I know very little of the Flash's lore outside of what I've seen of him in the DCAU cartoons, the Young Justice cartoon, and the odd appearance he'd make in whatever mainstream media. So I'll be going into this show with a mostly clean slate.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#47 Detour

Detour

Too lazy to change the avatar but Graham Linehan is a sack of sh

• Supporter
  • 20674 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:59 PM

Don Glover for Wally West.

You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

I'm reading that with Roy's voice. Heck, I read everything you post in a laconic Irish accent.

#48 Cheetimus Primal

Cheetimus Primal

Posted 05 December 2013 - 04:00 PM

YES!

#49 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36509 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 05 December 2013 - 04:16 PM

I hope this is good, as The Flash has a lot of potential as a TV show with Barry being a cop; that's something 'new' to casual viewers, a hero that actually works inside of and with the law rather being a strict vigilante. Try and blend a bit of Cop drama into regular superheroics, as Flash doesn't have a lot of actual powered villains (unless they go Nu52's route, which could be a later season twist). Have him start with regular criminals, maybe some pre-rogues, who later on get weapons and tech to try and be on even footing with the flash, with a season finale being a gathering of them forming the Rogues and being a more serious threat to Flash. Save guys like Zoom/Reverse-Flash and Grodd for much later seasons. Later seasons could also have the Rogues realizing the as long as they are tech-based they can be neutralized from just being separated from their tech and go the new 52 route of using a gene-splicer to give them super powers based on their gadgets.

Of course, I'd also go with the occasional 'flash-lite' story and focus on one of, or the entire, Rogues showing how they aren't simple black-and-white villains, and have strict morals about not killing and minimize collateral damage and can be somewhat heroic if they want. Which could really make a Grodd themed 'Gorilla Warfare' type arc really interesting as Flash finds himself allied with them to stop Grodd and his gorillas.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#50 Random Items

Random Items

Just this once, everybody lives!

• Retired Staff
  • 10452 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 04:49 PM

I figured this deserved it's own topic since they won't be keeping him in Arrow anymore. I wanted to post this latest news and saw no thread so... yeah.

Well there was this one at the top of page 2, but...
http://www.allspark....in-development/

#51 Cheetimus Primal

Cheetimus Primal

Posted 05 December 2013 - 05:05 PM

Um... oops! Sorry.

#52 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 29134 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 06:00 PM

Maybe a merge could be in order?

I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#53 Cheetimus Primal

Cheetimus Primal

Posted 05 December 2013 - 06:05 PM

Sorry, I was distracted.

#54 Big Show

Big Show

Had about enough of your crap, Mario.

• Supporter
  • 7862 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 05 December 2013 - 07:19 PM

For anyone who didn't see it, barry made his debut in Arrow last night. He was charming and a bit goofy. Constantly late, which I found very funny.

QUOTE(David Willis)
There's a distinct difference between buying something and SUPERbuying.
And SUPERbuying is not quite as extreme as buying the HUG outta something.
There's a hierarchy.

#55 Cheetimus Primal

Cheetimus Primal

Posted 05 December 2013 - 07:23 PM

Did he have powers?

Also that sounds like Wally. Ugh, I hate DC

#56 Big Show

Big Show

Had about enough of your crap, Mario.

• Supporter
  • 7862 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 05 December 2013 - 07:36 PM

Nope. No powers. But they have been teasing a Star Labs...I think it was a Hadron Collider....all season. I'm assuming there will be some terrible accident sometime later in the season.

QUOTE(David Willis)
There's a distinct difference between buying something and SUPERbuying.
And SUPERbuying is not quite as extreme as buying the HUG outta something.
There's a hierarchy.

#57 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 29134 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 08:29 PM

Yeah, Barry was a special guest star who seems to be continuing into next week's episode due to this episode now being a multi-parter, and instead of a speedster superhero he was a forensics investigator who had a bad habit of not being very punctual (arriving at crime scenes a few minutes after everyone else, missing his train, showing up here and there at the last minute, etc.). He also proved quite adept at his job, being more than useful to Oliver's latest hero escapades and outclassing Felicity's usefulness at times. This was probably one of the more likable a versions of Barry Allen out there.

#58 skankerzero

skankerzero

Back in DFW!

• Citizen
  • 7459 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 05 December 2013 - 08:41 PM

Barry was a great addition here. 

Barry Allen: Action Forensics Investigator!

-----------
jesse sosa
owner / creative director
Dinosaur Games

#59 Cheetimus Primal

Cheetimus Primal

Posted 05 December 2013 - 08:44 PM

I'm pretty sure he won't get powers on this show. The way they spoke about it they planned for him to do so but decided to split all that off into his own show.

We'll see I guess.

#60 skankerzero

skankerzero

Back in DFW!

• Citizen
  • 7459 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 05 December 2013 - 08:48 PM

If anything, the season will end with the accident and his series will pick up where it left off.

-----------
jesse sosa
owner / creative director
Dinosaur Games

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: comics, cw, arrow, live action

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users