Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Rycochet : (26 June 2017 - 06:50 PM)

Because people want some approximation of the look and feel of the vintage console and playing experience? It's not like the Mini-Snes is being produced instead of these games being released on the switch VC, that'll happen eventually anyway

@  RichardT1977 : (26 June 2017 - 06:39 PM)

Sega did it with some of their Genesis titles for the PS3 and XBox 360, and Midway did the same. Several times.

@  RichardT1977 : (26 June 2017 - 06:39 PM)

Instead of making classic consoles with classic games built in, why not release those games in classic sets for the Switch?

@  Rycochet : (26 June 2017 - 06:25 PM)

The fate of 2002 MOTU still makes me sad, I loved that line.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (26 June 2017 - 05:59 PM)

Bah. There are many many toys rarer than Movieverse toys. Any character that wasn't He-Man or Skeletor for instance! :)

@  Paladin : (26 June 2017 - 05:16 PM)

Nintendo consoles are the only things rarer than new waves of Movieverse toys.

@  Telly : (26 June 2017 - 04:12 PM)

*nevermind*

@  TM2-Megatron : (26 June 2017 - 03:48 PM)

Nintendo claims they'll be producing "significantly more" units of the SNES, so maybe there's a chance. It'd be better this time if they just took pre-orders, and based their production on that

@  Dracula : (26 June 2017 - 03:46 PM)

Nobody is getting that.

@  Bass X0 : (26 June 2017 - 03:10 PM)

Anyone getting the SNES Classic with StarFox 2?

@  RichardT1977 : (26 June 2017 - 01:56 PM)

Office: Submarine!

@  Robowang : (26 June 2017 - 01:52 PM)

SUBMARINE ACTION

@  Robowang : (26 June 2017 - 01:51 PM)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/172749564060?ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

@  Arazyr : (26 June 2017 - 11:03 AM)

Preorders just got posted at BBTS...

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (26 June 2017 - 09:52 AM)

I have yet to see any TR wave 5 items at retail in my area, only in Internet reports from overseas.

@  unluckiness : (26 June 2017 - 09:28 AM)

They're clogging shelves here, which is odd. I expected the Generations toys to be somewhat cut down in favor of movie stuff.

@  Pennpenn : (26 June 2017 - 08:11 AM)

I dunno, I got a bunch of "Blitzwing and Octone cosplaying as Megatron and Optimus Prime" in my local TRU, does that help?

@  Paladin : (26 June 2017 - 07:52 AM)

so will TitanReturns Blitzwing & Octone ever actually come out or have they just vanished into neverland?

@  Dekafox : (26 June 2017 - 07:10 AM)

With explosions instead of pouches and pockets.

@  Nevermore : (26 June 2017 - 02:45 AM)

Michael Bay is the Rob Liefeld of the movie industry.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (26 June 2017 - 02:25 AM)

I took a mega-deuce once. It was quite the epic battle.

@  TheMightyMol... : (26 June 2017 - 02:01 AM)

Now if we could explode Justin Bieber, I might pay to watch it.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (25 June 2017 - 11:47 PM)

Bieber isn't nearly as over-the-top as explosions director.

@  Bass X0 : (25 June 2017 - 11:35 PM)

Michael Bay is Justin Bieber of the movie industry- everyone makes fun out of his over- the- top -style but he keeps pulling in huge amounts of money

@  Noideaforaname : (25 June 2017 - 11:03 PM)

<--- stifled laughter

@  Sean Whitmore : (25 June 2017 - 10:56 PM)

Ah crap, I typed that into the chat thing and not the search field. Disregard.

@  Sean Whitmore : (25 June 2017 - 10:55 PM)

Twin peak

@  Noideaforaname : (25 June 2017 - 07:29 PM)

Nitro Ze-us, Nitro Ze-us! Nitro Ze-us, Nitro Ze-us, ooooh Nitro Ze-us!

@  Patchouli Kn... : (25 June 2017 - 07:26 PM)

Exactly what I was going for!

@  NotVeryKnightly : (25 June 2017 - 07:25 PM)

Dr. Zaius Dr. Zaius

@  Patchouli Kn... : (25 June 2017 - 07:10 PM)

Ah.

@  Dracula : (25 June 2017 - 07:07 PM)

It's pronounced like Megadeus

@  Patchouli Kn... : (25 June 2017 - 06:59 PM)

Is the "Zeus" pronounced like "Zoose" or "Zayus?"

@  Dracula : (25 June 2017 - 05:47 PM)

sorry I saw the name and just got excited

@  Dracula : (25 June 2017 - 05:47 PM)

NITRO ZEUS

@  Paladin : (25 June 2017 - 06:57 AM)

nobody here has moved past Wave 1. maybe if they hadn't crammed it with repaints....

@  Noideaforaname : (25 June 2017 - 06:46 AM)

Nitro's gonna be a pain in the butt to find, isn't he?

@  Pennpenn : (25 June 2017 - 03:51 AM)

Actually, on the subject of TLK toys, the voyager Nitro Zues or whatver looks pretty good. If I see it cheap I might give it to the Thunderwing head.

@  Pennpenn : (24 June 2017 - 09:58 PM)

Been playing a bit of Saints Row 4 and honestly the Blast Blast is hilariously overpowered.

@  Rycochet : (24 June 2017 - 05:28 PM)

And a better headsculpt.

@  unluckiness : (24 June 2017 - 05:23 PM)

It actually has half decent gimmicks too.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 June 2017 - 04:03 PM)

It's still crap but at least it takes up less space.

@  Rycochet : (24 June 2017 - 10:31 AM)

I'd rather have Armada Sideswipe than Alternator Sideswipe.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (24 June 2017 - 09:50 AM)

What he's really doing is buying all the sideswipe, so that after the apocolypse.. He'll have an army to take ove the world!

@  unluckiness : (24 June 2017 - 09:00 AM)

We could be taking this the wrong way. What if this person means to sacrifice their own money to prevent Armada Sideswipes from falling into the hands of those who don't know better?

@  Rycochet : (24 June 2017 - 06:26 AM)

People say silly things online all the time, usually followed by a smilie or a wink. Take away the context and they go from being a joke to absurd hyperbole.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 June 2017 - 06:07 AM)

But that would miss the entire point of hyperbole.

@  Pennpenn : (24 June 2017 - 06:03 AM)

Well that's a stupid attitude from someone who would waste a lot of money. I mean, they should just... not buy movie toys?

@  Bass X0 : (24 June 2017 - 04:52 AM)

Most insane thing I read of the day: "I would rather buy 100 Armada Sideswipes and PRiD Airachnids than buy any Bayformers crap"

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2017 - 06:10 PM)

His dialogue is full of allusions to his infamous lookalike, though sometimes as subversions. Oh, and sometimes he sings Karaoke. Check his rendition of "My Way", it's on Youtube.

Photo

Flash series discussion

comics cw arrow live action

2160 replies to this topic

#2001 Confuzor

Confuzor

They put em in Smash Bros!!!!

• Supporter
  • 6689 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 07:48 PM

Why would the news ticker be displaying anything more than a day old?

"OK team, we've got 4 months to wait until we have to deal with this wall full of problems that MIGHT save Iris' life."

#2002 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 15140 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 29 January 2017 - 05:06 AM

I think they were phrased to be the aftermath of things. "Gorillas still loose" and "Music Master"gets a book deal (because of something that happened a little while ago) that sort of thing.

-ZacWilliam, without remembering the actual wordings...
Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#2003 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 21739 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 01 February 2017 - 01:05 AM

Hoo boy, after the stunt Iris and Wally pulled in this episode, keeping Joe in the dark about Iris's future death is really gonna come back to bite everyone in the butt worse than ever.

Also, brief visit to Supergirl Earth in this one!

Edited by Sabrblade, 01 February 2017 - 01:06 AM.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#2004 Aberration

Aberration
  • Citizen
  • 2483 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 07:15 PM

That Earth-hopping fight was unexpected and the kind of stuff I love this show for. Also, I had qualms about Julian joining the team, but he was on fire this episode.

Waiting for one last shoe to drop regarding H.R., as they seemed to be implying he did something much worse than multiversal travel at some point.

Is there any particular reason why they can't keep vibing forward to Iris's death to see if their efforts are having an effect on anything?

#2005 D Buster Prime

D Buster Prime

WTCHOP?!!!

• Staff
  • 23665 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 03 February 2017 - 06:10 PM

Anybody else think Gypsy's outfit was over the top with the huge separately sculpted...ermm...chest pouches...in the jacket?  Do jackets like that even exist in real life?.

Edited by D Buster Prime, 03 February 2017 - 06:12 PM.

VOTE FOR SNAPDRAGON: GETTING KRUNK SINCE 1987!

card-snapdragon.jpg

#2006 Confuzor

Confuzor

They put em in Smash Bros!!!!

• Supporter
  • 6689 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 10:02 PM

They do on Earth19!!!

#2007 StarSaber

StarSaber
  • Citizen
  • 2743 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 05 February 2017 - 06:43 PM

Yeah. I don't expect the fashions to stay the same from Earth to Earth. It's a nice visual cue that she's not from around here.

-SS (and it wasn't that distracting.)

#2008 Superomegaprime

Superomegaprime
  • Citizen
  • 976 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 08 February 2017 - 01:19 PM

Just caught up with the latest ep, pretty good, thou the scene with Isis breaking into the Arms dealer hide out kind of got me thinking, padlocks, are they always undo when someone strikes them with a piece of metal in the fictional worlds?

HR, I seriously doult he has stopped broadcasting his novel into the multiverse.

The vive brawl was ok I guess, it was a little amusing to see them crashland on the coffee table in Supergirl world.

Omega4.jpg

#2009 Ironbite

Ironbite

3 AM? Let me play you the song of my people.

• Supporter
  • 23111 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 08 February 2017 - 03:38 PM

.......What?

darkmatchsmall.jpg

#2010 Dvandom

Dvandom

Purveyor of Ponies. And Physics.

• Supporter
  • 15394 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 10:10 PM

Nah, HR is reckless, but not entirely suicidal.  And proof reaches Earth-19 that he isn't dead, and they send the Cadre after him or something.

---Dave

DAVE'S WEBPAGES
-- www.eyrie.org/~dvandom/BW --
NEWS, REVIEWS and SIGHTINGS
-- www.dvandom.com --
ARTWORK and IMAGES

Pssst...if you
can't see my images,
try my deviantArt!

#2011 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 21739 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 01:10 AM

First Ronnie, then Fake Jay, now Julian. Is Caitlin just gonna go from one love interest to the next for every season now?

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#2012 BlitzwingHaz

BlitzwingHaz

"Wooo! I'm freaking out!"

• Citizen
  • 16209 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 03:03 AM

Me and my nephew have started playng a game where once a character goes off screen to be upset/sulk and another chracter runs after them we punch each other. Happens several times an ep. :D

And yeh I hope they aren't pairing Caitlin off again, give her a different arc for once.

#2013 Star-A-Star

Star-A-Star

To me, Meowlnir!

• Citizen
  • 6146 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 04:41 AM

Some serious stupid this ep. How about, instead of trying to teach Wally phasing by having him run full speed into a wall, maybe you could teach him the hand phase first?

Well, Art is Art, isn't it? Still, on the other hand, water is water. And east is east and west is west and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does. Now you tell me what you know.

Groucho Marx

#2014 Superomegaprime

Superomegaprime
  • Citizen
  • 976 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 05:31 PM

First Ronnie, then Fake Jay, now Julian. Is Caitlin just gonna go from one love interest to the next for every season now?

Who knows, maybe they'll kill off Earth 1 Caitlin completely and have her return next season as a Caitlin from say the Earth Supergirl is from, they did that with Dr Wells, granted that was also the Reverse Flash attempting to get his powers back, thou I didn't really like how they killed him off in season 1 finally, or at least the aftermath because what happened should of really shook up the status quo, Zoom's demise was much better, thou I think the door is open for him to return one day in some form or another. The current central villian, I'm not majorly keen on currently because its all CGI and that is rather boring for a major villian to be unless they have some real talent and thought in their creation, thou that merely my view.

Omega4.jpg

#2015 G.B.Blackrock

G.B.Blackrock

Autobot Ally

• Supporter
  • 10936 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 09 February 2017 - 05:59 PM

I was thinking that kind of thing, too. Certainly she's entitled to move on, but in the context of a fictional show like this, it seems like they're turning her into "brainy potential love interest (with Killer superpowers)." Just doesn't sit well somehow.

#2016 fourteenwings

fourteenwings
  • Citizen
  • 630 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 02:03 AM

I don't feel like Caitlin is the potential love interest, it's more that they've never really known what to do with her and so she's the one getting lots of romance plots so the writers can claim they are actually doing stuff with her character.

Some serious stupid this ep. How about, instead of trying to teach Wally phasing by having him run full speed into a wall, maybe you could teach him the hand phase first?

I was thinking since they have the whole course upstairs for him to run through why not set up some thin paper walls or something if they really wanted to go for the full-on treatment? Not everything has to hurt, Barry.

I feel like they were trying to take that plot with Joe's girlfriend's daughter somewhere (not her obsession with Kid Flash, but her rubbing the West clan the wrong way in general) but then they forgot.

wordswordswords☆☆STARS☆☆wordswordswords

#2017 D Buster Prime

D Buster Prime

WTCHOP?!!!

• Staff
  • 23665 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 10 February 2017 - 01:13 PM

I thought the idea was that the failure of each relationship (not just romance, because it starts with her mother) breaks her heart more and more, driving her closer to becoming Killer Frost.

Edited by D Buster Prime, 10 February 2017 - 09:03 PM.

VOTE FOR SNAPDRAGON: GETTING KRUNK SINCE 1987!

card-snapdragon.jpg

#2018 lastmaximal

lastmaximal

Cyber Key Power...linx!

• Citizen
  • 12155 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 13 February 2017 - 11:27 PM

That's not a half-bad idea actually, but I don't get that vibe from how they've played it. Speaking specificallty about the romantic relationsghips, each time it seems like a clean reset with only a few token mentions of the previous relationship. It was particularly notable with Jay, where after pining over Robbie for a bit [her main character feature for what felt like quite a while] it was soon like nothing had happened.

I'm in the "doesn't sit well with me" camp, because it seems like such a waste of a good character and performer. I mean, CISCO moved on from being the one-note Nerd Reference Villain Renamer Guy (and while his recent angles have leaned on angst it's pretty justificable angst!), which I'm pleasantly surprised by. He seemed like the easier one to fall into a rut writing.

SO OKAY IT'S AVERAGE
Virtually every custom as good as the title suggests!
SoOkayItsAverage.2.gif

#2019 skankerzero

skankerzero

Back in Austin!!

• Citizen
  • 7427 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 12:49 PM

I was thinking that kind of thing, too. Certainly she's entitled to move on, but in the context of a fictional show like this, it seems like they're turning her into "brainy potential love interest (with Killer superpowers)." Just doesn't sit well somehow.

It's kind of her thing though isn't it?

In the comics she's always been a scorned lover and that's why she's evil.

-----------
jesse sosa
owner / creative director
Dinosaur Games
studio art director
Samsung

#2020 Dvandom

Dvandom

Purveyor of Ponies. And Physics.

• Supporter
  • 15394 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 01:26 PM

In the comics, she's the inspiration for the new Justice League Dark team, so they seem to have decided that they need to give Killer Frost a shot at redemption in the comics so as to make her fate less preordained in the show.

---Dave

DAVE'S WEBPAGES
-- www.eyrie.org/~dvandom/BW --
NEWS, REVIEWS and SIGHTINGS
-- www.dvandom.com --
ARTWORK and IMAGES

Pssst...if you
can't see my images,
try my deviantArt!

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: comics, cw, arrow, live action

0 user(s) are reading this topic