Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Maximus Ambus : (28 November 2020 - 09:50 AM)

In all this time I never considered Krok being jealous of Skullcruncher was a gag about their beast forms.

@  unluckiness : (28 November 2020 - 04:33 AM)

And Devastator because I'm a sucker for combiners

@  unluckiness : (28 November 2020 - 04:32 AM)

Decided to stick with the main cast from 2007 and a few assorted ones here and there.

@  TheMightyMol... : (27 November 2020 - 02:02 PM)

I said I wouldn't buy a lot, now I have seven. And at least three might be on the culling pile.

@  Maximus Ambus : (27 November 2020 - 11:44 AM)

"I'll just get one" I said now I have almost twenty Studio Series figures.

@  wonko the sane? : (27 November 2020 - 11:19 AM)

The geese are fleeing... death comes soon...

@  unluckiness : (25 November 2020 - 07:20 PM)

Not even head, just a faceeven

@  TheMightyMol... : (25 November 2020 - 12:58 PM)

Just stick a Megatron head on Optimal Optimus.

@  Sabrblade : (25 November 2020 - 12:46 PM)

There was also an evil-looking black and gray redeco of the RobotMasters toy

@  Arazyr : (25 November 2020 - 11:54 AM)

That's KIND-OF what I consider the Throne of the Primes Primal to be...

@  wonko the sane? : (25 November 2020 - 11:16 AM)

I would buy the hell out a nemesis primal...

@  Bass X0 : (25 November 2020 - 11:15 AM)

I'm surprised there's not been a Nemesis Primal given all the Nemesis Primes.

@  unluckiness : (23 November 2020 - 03:17 AM)

The real Drifts were the Windblades we made along the way

@  PlutoniumBoss : (23 November 2020 - 02:25 AM)

Drift-kun 2 Electric Boobylube

@  ▲ndrusi : (22 November 2020 - 11:36 PM)

I'm pretty sure Drift 2 was Empire of Stone.

@  Sabrblade : (22 November 2020 - 10:06 PM)

I thought people said Prime Wheeljack was Drift 2.

@  Maximus Ambus : (22 November 2020 - 03:51 PM)

Windblade was Drift.2.

@  TheMightyMol... : (22 November 2020 - 02:44 PM)

Drift with boobs.

@  Rycochet : (22 November 2020 - 11:50 AM)

I can't imagine a live action movie version of Windblade being all that different from Drift. Not my thing, but not the worst thing I've ever seen.

@  Bass X0 : (22 November 2020 - 09:54 AM)

The thought of Movie aesthetic Windblade makes me feel sick.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (22 November 2020 - 08:47 AM)

Though, the fact that Japanese people would pay for Windblade toys in the $30-40 range doesn't mean they'd pay however much MPs are going for now.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (22 November 2020 - 08:44 AM)

Back when I made a habit of checking Mandarake for pre-owned TFs, Windblade's toys went for surprisingly high prices. By which I mean not lower than the original price.

@  Maximus Ambus : (22 November 2020 - 08:15 AM)

If she's in the next movie you might get her.

@  unluckiness : (22 November 2020 - 07:58 AM)

Japan didn't get most of the IDW comics and are the target market for MP. They basically know windblade from a few crappy pack-in comics and a show that wasn't particularly popular there. Unless they start cranking out Cyberverse MPs, it's not very likely.

@  TheMightyMol... : (22 November 2020 - 04:24 AM)

Again, depends if she's popular enough in Japan to warrant it. Our view of which characters are popular is not the same as Takara's.

@  Bass X0 : (22 November 2020 - 01:53 AM)

So characters like Windblade then.

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 November 2020 - 07:19 PM)

They're complicated and expensive to design. By necessity, they're gonna be restricted to well-known characters who are more likely to sell.

@  Bass X0 : (21 November 2020 - 07:05 PM)

I don’t think Masterpiece toys should be restricted to only show characters.

@  Rycochet : (21 November 2020 - 03:09 PM)

If she wasn't in the Sunbow cartoon, Live Action movie or Beast Wars and can't be repainted from someone else, she's not getting an MP.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 November 2020 - 12:44 PM)

They'll make their money back if they include the metal thong...

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 November 2020 - 12:29 PM)

Is she popular enough in Japan that Takara would even try?

@  Paladin : (21 November 2020 - 11:23 AM)

depends. will that one also have a giant metal thong?

@  Bass X0 : (21 November 2020 - 11:10 AM)

Should there be a Masterpiece Windblade?

@  -LittleAutob... : (20 November 2020 - 12:46 PM)

EIGHT WORDS! THATS A RECORD! XD

@  wonko the sane? : (20 November 2020 - 09:08 AM)

So you were hired by a middle easterner! AHA!

@  ▲ndrusi : (19 November 2020 - 11:45 PM)

that's eight words

@  Bass X0 : (19 November 2020 - 03:56 PM)

"I only want to hear one word from you... The name of the guy who hired ya!"

@  Maximus Ambus : (19 November 2020 - 12:41 PM)

It's great how they reference G1 concepts like this one features the harmony from the episode Carnage in C Minor and and Slugslingers featured anti electrons from Grimlocks New Brain.

@  Steevy Maximus : (18 November 2020 - 10:01 PM)

Or at least those little story blurbs like Beast Hunters had. Especially for stuff like Selects which tend to exist in their own little side world

@  Maximus Ambus : (17 November 2020 - 04:03 PM)

I got me Legends Soundwave, Be cool if the next Generations toyline had a mini comic with the instructions.

@  Maximus Ambus : (16 November 2020 - 03:42 AM)

Aw no unusual activity on my Paypal Ebay, Amazon and Netflix account in one day! All I have to do it verify on those E-Mails and I'm all set..... wait a mo, I'm not on Netflix!

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (14 November 2020 - 11:56 PM)

I swear though.. The idea of "Catch up" is stupid.

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 November 2020 - 11:25 PM)

That's irritating, but it sounds par for the course with new hardware release. Within a year, there'll probably be some good stuff out there that does it all.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (14 November 2020 - 11:23 PM)

4K/HDR switches are.. iffy.. Because most of them can't do 4K and HDR at the same time.. Or can't do 120hz... and all sorts of things the new TVs have built in, and the new consoles use...

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 November 2020 - 11:18 PM)

Maybe now that the PS5's made the whole 4K thing a little more mainstream, the hardware will start becoming more common. I know that's one of the hopes the physical media community has for the 100GB discs the PS5 is going to be using. Prior to this, they were very expensive tor replicate compared to a regular blu-ray and not used very often

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 November 2020 - 11:17 PM)

Up to now, there really haven't been a whole lot of 4K disc players to choose from... Samsung stopped making them altogether when they couldn't compete with the others, so your main choices are a few models of Panasonic or Sony

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 November 2020 - 11:14 PM)

Is there no such thing as a 4K/HDR switch yet?

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (14 November 2020 - 10:10 PM)

Which is fine.. But that still doesn't explain why they arn't putting out up to date HDMI switch boxes to get.. more money.

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 November 2020 - 09:59 PM)

My only TV with a respectable number of ports is my OLED 4K/3D, which has 4 HDMI, 2 USB 2.0s, 1 USB 3.0 and some weird proprietary thing that acts as both component and composite, depending on what you need. But it retailed for $10k when it first came out (I bought it 14 months later for less than half that). THey're going to get as many corners on less expensive sets as they can, which usually means only providing 2 HDMIs.

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 November 2020 - 09:55 PM)

I mean, there are some decent ones for under a grand. But yeah, I imagine that's what they're thinking. Most people I know, unless they're film or A/V aficionados, all they've got hooked up to their TV is a digital cable receiver and perhaps a game console and dated DVD player

Photo

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - 2016 film discussion

2293 replies to this topic

#61 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 48678 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 21 July 2013 - 03:24 PM

QUOTE(Lizard King @ Jul 21 2013, 01:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wonder Woman is certainly the most logical candidate for her own film though.

She'd be the counterpoint to Marvel's Thor, definitely. The big question though is can they do her justice? The canned TV Pilot doesn't exactly inspire confidence. Yes, it was canned. But it should never have left the scripting phase, given how untrue to the character it was.

I honestly don't feel like Flash can carry his own film.

They could do some really fun things with Flash on the big screen, especially given his occupation of working in the Police Force. Alexander Petrov or Mirror Master (In the vein of what we saw in the Justice League: DOOM movie) would be good foils. Basically make it CSI with Superheroics.

#62 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36929 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:48 PM

QUOTE(Rust @ Jul 21 2013, 02:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I honestly don't feel like Flash can carry his own film.

They could do some really fun things with Flash on the big screen, especially given his occupation of working in the Police Force. Alexander Petrov or Mirror Master (In the vein of what we saw in the Justice League: DOOM movie) would be good foils. Basically make it CSI with Superheroics.

Okay, so we get Marvel to do Law and Order: Superhero Division with DareDevil and maybe She-Hulk, and DC/Warner to do CSI: Keystone City with Flash? icon-waspy.gif

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#63 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 48678 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:58 PM

#64 skankerzero

skankerzero

Back in DFW!

• Citizen
  • 7459 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 05:36 PM

QUOTE(BlitzwingHaz @ Jul 21 2013, 03:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do we think he's gonna have Superman vs Batman though?
I'm sort of hoping they do a story where a threat is too big for Batman, and he reluctanly has to accept Superman's help and by the end they agree to collaborate which leads to Justice League.

Honestly I think the best setup you can have is to have Batman come and investigate Supes. He did destroy one of his satellites after all. They meet and butt heads then have to team up to fight someone that can out-think Superman but is too powerful for Batman.

Also:
Superman at the end of Man of Steel clearly isn't going to blindly follow the government. He flat out tells them that they can't control him. So I'm not sure why people get all whiny about the Miller reference. The character they are building is not that version of Superman.
-----------
jesse sosa
owner / creative director
Dinosaur Games

#65 -VP-

-VP-

Every time it takes my knees out

• Retired Staff
  • 8209 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 21 July 2013 - 05:37 PM

QUOTE(Rust @ Jul 21 2013, 05:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That us so much win.

#66 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 48678 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 05:43 PM

QUOTE(skankerzero @ Jul 21 2013, 05:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So I'm not sure why people get all whiny about the Miller reference.

Some of us aren't interested in seeing Batman and Superman beat the crap out of each other Batman beat the crap out of Superman.

Edited by Rust, 21 July 2013 - 05:44 PM.

#67 Cheetimus Primal

Cheetimus Primal

Posted 21 July 2013 - 05:54 PM

QUOTE(Rust @ Jul 21 2013, 06:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Some of us aren't interested in seeing Batman and Superman beat the crap out of each other Batman beat the crap out of Superman.

While the rest of us don't assume they know exactly what they are going to use from Millar's work even though it's more likely a tone for Batman and not specific actions.
But you hate that too so whatever...

#68 D Immortalis

D Immortalis

I've gotta make the world know my name...

• Citizen
  • 3919 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 05:57 PM

QUOTE(BlitzwingHaz @ Jul 21 2013, 04:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do we think he's gonna have Superman vs Batman though?
I'm sort of hoping they do a story where a threat is too big for Batman, and he reluctanly has to accept Superman's help and by the end they agree to collaborate which leads to Justice League.

Sooooo Lego Batman 2? =]

Also...i...i just want to see the movie...good, bad, awesome, crappy...i just want it to exist, for me to watch it, and for me to then have feelings on it...but im the guy who usually likes everything...so..ya know..not the greatest judge. =]

_+-=-+DAEMON IMMORTALIS+-=-+_

I see behind a thousand lies that you try to hide

I bleed inside: you left your knife but I'm still alive
I...love the way you kill me
I love the way you watch me die

Life or death a bullet to the chest
I'd do it again...
Just when I think I've cut you out
You come with open arms to drag me down

#69 ZeroX

ZeroX
  • 2226 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:03 PM

Oh, we're rebooting Batman yet again for this movie? 'Kay. I'm sure those three movies of character development would only have gotten in the way.

Edited by ZeroX, 21 July 2013 - 06:03 PM.

#70 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 48678 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:07 PM

QUOTE(Cheetimus Primal @ Jul 21 2013, 05:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
While the rest of us don't assume they know exactly what they are going to use from Millar's work even though it's more likely a tone for Batman and not specific actions.

I'm sorry. I wasn't aware there was some injunction against having reservations against a project - especially by the likes of Warner Bros and DC who tend to get more wrong then they get right.

This is just an announcement - yes. He chose a line of dialogue most comic fans will instantly recognize and in no way established precedent for the final product - yes. Does this have the possibility to be awesome? YES.

But it also has the possibility of being Green Lantern/Wonder Woman Pilot astonishingly terrible or The Dark Knight Rises/Superman Returns incredibly boring.

Edited by Rust, 21 July 2013 - 06:10 PM.

#71 Onyx

Onyx

Quintesson Hunter

• Supporter
  • 4579 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:08 PM

My worry is this. With the quote from the book they used, it may well be Batman, besting Superman. Normally I wouldn't mind that, because if anyone could it's Batman. As long as it's Bruce under the mask. However, IF this movie follows after Dark Knight Rises, it might not be Bruce as Batman. There in is the problem I have with this. Someone other then Bruce as Batman, besting Superman and using that quote?

No, just no!

#72 Cheetimus Primal

Cheetimus Primal

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:13 PM

QUOTE(Rust @ Jul 21 2013, 07:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm sorry. I wasn't aware there was some injunction against having reservations against a project - especially by the likes of Warner Bros and DC who tend to get more wrong then they get right.

I never said you couldn't have an opinion. Just as you are free to yours I am free to express mine... about yours.
My opinion is that people are losing their jive FAR too early about these things now. Geek culture is so spoiled and jaded that when these dream projects come up they are met with bitterness and sometimes outright rage. It gets tiresome when I just want to be excited for an announcement and I just run into so many people whining and being bitter about a project they have yet to see a single still from or have heard a single spoiler. There haven't been any plot summaries or even new casting announcements. It's just TONS of negative energy revolving around a subject I'd like to enjoy in some respect.

"The don't read it!"

Well certainly sucks when I see this place as my online home and if I'm going to discuss it somewhere you better believe I'd rather it be here.

I'm just tired of the instant negativity. I've done it myself in the past and I regret it because it sucks the FUN out of a hobby.

#73 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 48678 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:30 PM

QUOTE(Airachnid @ Jul 21 2013, 06:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My worry is this. With the quote from the book they used, it may well be Batman, besting Superman. Normally I wouldn't mind that, because if anyone could it's Batman. As long as it's Bruce under the mask. However, IF this movie follows after Dark Knight Rises, it might not be Bruce as Batman. There in is the problem I have with this. Someone other then Bruce as Batman, besting Superman and using that quote?

No, just no!

The quote is simply used as an announcement. While I'll agree there's issues with using Miller in any capacity, don't take a single announcement quote to have any bearing on the final product.

Look at it this way - since The Dark Knight Returns got a animated treatment, the likelihood of it being made into a live action adaptation is pretty slim.

QUOTE(Cheetimus Primal @ Jul 21 2013, 06:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My opinion is that people are losing their jive FAR too early about these things now....I just want to be excited for an announcement and I just run into so many people whining and being bitter about a project they have yet to see a single still from or have heard a single spoiler... It's just TONS of negative energy revolving around a subject I'd like to enjoy in some respect.

I'm just tired of the instant negativity.

I get that, I really do. Nothing kills the joy like having something you're legitimately excited about dragged through the mud and muck. And for my own part in it, I apologize.

I'm not going to stop having legitimate concerns about a project of this magnitude coming out of a studio and creative team that is...inconsistent...in terms of output, but I do totally get having something you love jived upon before you can ever really even enjoy it.

#74 Cheetimus Primal

Cheetimus Primal

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:34 PM

I'm gonna continue to resist agreeing with you guys but I do get that you didn't like previous choices and therefore expect not to like this... it just isn't fun to deal with and I'm rather grateful that you understand that. Thanks. You continue to be a pretty cool dude.

#75 Wheelimus

Wheelimus

And we're back to meh

• Administrator
  • 35176 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:53 PM

And since I'm both a fan of Millers work (though I completely recognize his weaknesses) AND loved the Nolan Batman trilogy and have complete faith that a franchise he's a producer of some sort on is going to be just fine I'll quickly shut the hell up before the dogpile begins. icon-blitz.gif

And a quick mention that I'm looking forward to Kiss Ass 2, Sin City 2, AND Machete Kills and then I run for my life. icon-fire.gif

#76 Sean Whitmore

Sean Whitmore
  • Citizen
  • 8372 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:10 PM

My thoughts on the Monkey Paw nature of a Superman/Batman movie aside...I would've much preferred a straight Superman sequel first.

The first movie (controversial ending notwithstanding) did all the "Batman Begins" work to get him to a place where he can start being the Superman we know, and I was excited to see where things went next. I liked the idea of Superman having a solo franchise to rival Batman's for once. With a team-up, this movie...even floating it all the goodwill in the world...will be an entirely different animal. Batman is so large a presence that it'd be impossible to get the kind of focus on Superman's world that I was hoping for.

That said, if the movie ends with Clark and Bruce switching costumes to fool the bad guys, that'd forgive a multitude of sins.

PSN: SeanWhitmore

Switch: SW-7452-6932-0513

3DS: 0490-6399-8582

I did a new video thing:
https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/159447-whos-the-right-arm/
And a fic thing:
https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/169332-do-no-harm-first-aid/

#77 skankerzero

skankerzero

Back in DFW!

• Citizen
  • 7459 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:37 PM

QUOTE(Rust @ Jul 21 2013, 05:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah, but don't take that part of my post out of context.

I said with how Superman behaves at the end of MoS, it's clear they're not going down the path of that book.

**edit**

oh... you haven't seen the movie...

In the end, Superman tells the military that they can't control him and to basically leave him alone and trust his judgement. All this after he took out a drone that was monitoring him.

Edited by skankerzero, 21 July 2013 - 10:40 PM.

-----------
jesse sosa
owner / creative director
Dinosaur Games

#78 Undead Scottsman

Undead Scottsman

THANOSCOPTER

• Citizen
  • 10806 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:03 AM

QUOTE(Cheetimus Primal @ Jul 21 2013, 03:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Rust @ Jul 21 2013, 07:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I never said you couldn't have an opinion. Just as you are free to yours I am free to express mine... about yours.
My opinion is that people are losing their jive FAR too early about these things now. Geek culture is so spoiled and jaded that when these dream projects come up they are met with bitterness and sometimes outright rage. It gets tiresome when I just want to be excited for an announcement and I just run into so many people whining and being bitter about a project they have yet to see a single still from or have heard a single spoiler. There haven't been any plot summaries or even new casting announcements. It's just TONS of negative energy revolving around a subject I'd like to enjoy in some respect.

"The don't read it!"

Well certainly sucks when I see this place as my online home and if I'm going to discuss it somewhere you better believe I'd rather it be here.

I'm just tired of the instant negativity. I've done it myself in the past and I regret it because it sucks the FUN out of a hobby.

You having a sour opinion about sour opinions it making it hard for me to enjoy my sour opinion!

..sour onions!

Edited by Undead Scottsman, 22 July 2013 - 03:03 AM.

MSzBav1.jpg

#79 CORVUS

CORVUS

Holy crap!

• Supporter
  • 33891 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:38 AM

Hey, we need a cleanup in here! Someone has spilled white vinegar AND lemon-juice all over the damn thread! icon-fire.gif
"Whoa, it's been upgraded to stank. Just last week it was only stink. Stonk can't be far away." - Strong Bad

#80 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Administrator
  • 40834 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:02 PM

I just saw this awesome news! I am quite excited to see how this turns out!

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users