Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Rycochet : (13 December 2019 - 11:56 AM)

Unlike many of his peers, Morton diesn't seem to have gone out of his way to try and take every drug going so he's aged remarkably well.

@  Donocropolis : (13 December 2019 - 11:39 AM)

Doesn't seem to have been a market for it, which is too bad, because it perfectly does what it sets out to do.

@  Donocropolis : (13 December 2019 - 11:38 AM)

Just opened it and suddenly I'm 9 years old again.

@  Donocropolis : (13 December 2019 - 11:38 AM)

Bought myself Fansproject Glacialord for my birthday during their Black Friday sale.

@  Nevermore : (12 December 2019 - 07:45 PM)

Morten Harket of A-ha might have aged 35 years on the outside, but his voice is still pretty much the same as it was in 1984. That's some great training and exercise for you.

@  wonko the sane? : (12 December 2019 - 06:59 PM)

Depends entirely on how badly you cooked them. What?

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 December 2019 - 05:33 PM)

Can it raise the dead?

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:33 PM)

Cheddar can do just about anything.

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:32 PM)

Cream cheese has to be on a bagel or crackers.

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:31 PM)

(for example: I like Swiss cheese on sandwiches, but find it merely tolerable by itself)

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:30 PM)

I mean are you eating it by itself? With crackers? On a sandwich?

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 December 2019 - 04:48 PM)

I would ask, but I'd rather not know.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (12 December 2019 - 03:38 PM)

With my mouth, usually.

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 08:48 AM)

Depends on how you're eating it.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (12 December 2019 - 01:40 AM)

Havarti, without a doubt.

@  Greebtron : (12 December 2019 - 01:28 AM)

Not Don, thanks. I'd like a writer who actually cares enough to do the job properly

@  Benbot : (11 December 2019 - 09:34 PM)

What's your favorite cheese? I'm not sure, but it's hard to beat muenster.

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 December 2019 - 05:10 PM)

Man I wish IDW could do a season 2.5 with a few writers like Michael Charles Hill or Donald F Glut or Paul Davids involved.

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 December 2019 - 04:33 PM)

They were looking for Skids, but the animators forgot he existed again.

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 December 2019 - 02:58 PM)

He regrouped with Omega Supreme, the Dinobots, Skyfire and the Protectobots.

@  Benbot : (11 December 2019 - 08:20 AM)

Did he get infected with the rest of the Autobots or did he smartly remain off-planet?

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 December 2019 - 05:38 AM)

He really just went to the beach for a couple of days, then called it in. Who's gonna follow up on it?

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 December 2019 - 05:05 AM)

Anyone really believe Cosmos searched far enough for more ingredient for Corrostop?

@  Nevermore : (11 December 2019 - 03:48 AM)

Oh, we are pretty good at "forgetting" about that. Insisting on sending people home on their overtime, THEN suddenly rushing to do the "backlog" stuff when it's really overdue.

@  wonko the sane? : (10 December 2019 - 05:43 PM)

I've yet to find an organization which didn't have a backlog of "stuff" that needs to be done, but isn't important enough to put on the schedule proper.

@  TM2-Megatron : (10 December 2019 - 05:01 PM)

I'm sure most good/bad (depending on your POV) bosses would be able to find something for the worker to do, in most cases, even if it's spending 8 hours pretending to push a broom around

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (10 December 2019 - 04:39 PM)

Still better than American jobs. x.x;

@  NotVeryKnightly : (10 December 2019 - 11:10 AM)

I'm pretty sure you've already mentioned this before. Especially that last one.

@  Nevermore : (10 December 2019 - 11:05 AM)

That can be fun if you're strong-willed enough. "Hey, you want to go home? Overtime reduction, there's nothing to do..." - "Nah, not today. I want to work."

@  Nevermore : (10 December 2019 - 11:04 AM)

This applies to the field of work as well. Meaning, your boss orders you to show up for a full shift, you show up on time and are absolutely willing to work, and then your boss realizes he has no work for you, your boss has to pay you for a full shift even if you don't work at all.

@  Nevermore : (10 December 2019 - 11:03 AM)

Fun fact: German law has a concept named "default in acceptance", which postulates that if there is a "service for payment" contract, the party that should provide the service correctly offers their due service, and the party that should pay fails to accept the service within due time, the second party still has to pay the first party even if there was no service delivered.

@  wonko the sane? : (08 December 2019 - 10:54 PM)

If it's seasonal affective disorder, check with your doc about vitamin D supplements.

@  Maximus Ambus : (08 December 2019 - 12:46 PM)

That's what I was thinking too, It's the christmas rush and if that's not stressful enough the cold weather can also impact mental health.

@  wonko the sane? : (08 December 2019 - 12:41 PM)

Might be a stupid question given the comment, BUT: have you done anything outside the ordinary lately? Might just be a stress reaction.

@  Maximus Ambus : (08 December 2019 - 12:29 PM)

I've experienced sleep paralysis with ghostly images and similar things in the past and can snap out of it through moving my fingers. I've definitely hallucinated before and members of both sides of the family have had similar experience, some suffered forms of mental instability in two cases schizophrenia.

@  wonko the sane? : (08 December 2019 - 10:47 AM)

So... either a hallucination or night terrors. Are you prone to this kind of thing?

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 December 2019 - 11:55 PM)

It kept repeating until I sat up.

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 December 2019 - 11:54 PM)

I've been up since three and when sheepish I was hallucinating something knocking twice against my bedroom door.

@  TheMightyMol... : (07 December 2019 - 06:58 PM)

Then repaint Apeface and Snapdragon as Transmetal Optimus Primal and Megatron. It's crazy enough to work.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (07 December 2019 - 05:32 PM)

Moral imperative.

@  Nevermore : (07 December 2019 - 05:13 PM)

Wishful thinking, rumor or leak?

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 December 2019 - 04:48 PM)

Snapdragon for Earthrise.

@  TM2-Megatron : (04 December 2019 - 10:22 PM)

Still not the weirdest thing a Nic Cage character has done in a film

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 December 2019 - 04:00 PM)

Couldn't be worse than him pissing fire as Ghost Rider.

@  Rycochet : (04 December 2019 - 03:38 PM)

The Tim Burton Superman Movie is the DC movie we deserve. It would have Nic Cage in a technosuit punching polarbears.

@  Paladin : (04 December 2019 - 02:59 PM)

Wonder Woman was great. Shazam was amazing. Aquaman... exists.

@  RichardT1977 : (04 December 2019 - 01:54 PM)

TBF, Aquaman and Shazam! were pretty good.

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 December 2019 - 01:00 PM)

Not a difficult feat.

@  Benbot : (04 December 2019 - 11:50 AM)

You just put more effort into telling a compelling story than all of WB's execs.

@  Cybersnark : (04 December 2019 - 11:41 AM)

Cue the flashback to Jonathan, reassuring a terrified child: "What you are is never as important as who you are." Cue Superman's response to Brainiac: "I already know who I am."*John Williams fanfare plays*

Photo

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - 2016 film discussion

2293 replies to this topic

#1 Cheetimus Primal

Cheetimus Primal
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 20 July 2013 - 03:36 PM

http://www.slashfilm...knight-returns/

OK, here?s the official word about the future of the DC Universe on screen via Warner Bros. Or the official suggestion. Zack Snyder took the stage at the end of the DC panel, gesturing that moderator Chris Hardwick should move aside. Snyder said, ?I?m gonna take the lectern from you, because some jive?s going to happen up here.?

Snyder continued:

It?s official that we are going to make another Superman movie. And you say, Zack, what is the movie about? But you don?t want me to tell you that. You want to go and see the movie. But I can say that maybe there?s a single element that will be in the film that I could? help you out with. I was thinking about how to do that. I pored through the DC Universe to look for a way to tell this thing. We?re writing the thing now, but I came across a thing I found that?ll help you understand it.

And then Harry Lennix read this, from Frank Miller?s The Dark Knight Returns: ?I want you to remember, Clark, in all the years to come, in all your most private moments, I want you to remember your hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you.?

Snyder said ?we?re not adapting this thing, but it is the thing that will help us tell that story.? So while the logo he showed on screen, pictured above, uses the bat logo design from Miller?s work, this won?t quite be a direct adaptation.

No title was announced, and no actors were mentioned. Snyder did say that this is effectively the sequel to Man of Steel, and a press release confirms Henry Cavill as Superman as well as the returns of Laurence Fishburne, Amy Adams, and Diane Lane. No actor for Batman was suggested in any way.

Here?s the press release from WB:

NEXT DC SUPER HERO MOVIE IN PRE-PRODUCTION
Director Zack Snyder Unites Superman and Batman in One Explosive New Film

BURBANK, CA, July 20, 2013 ? On the heels of the worldwide success of ?Man of Steel,? director Zack Snyderis bringing together the two greatest Super Heroes of all time?Batman and Superman?for the first time on the big screen. The announcement was made today by Greg Silverman, President, Creative Development and Worldwide Production, and Sue Kroll, President, Worldwide Marketing and International Distribution,Warner Bros. Pictures.

The current hit, ?Man of Steel,? has taken in more than $630 million at the worldwide box office to date, and climbing. Along with its star, Henry Cavill, the upcomingfilm brings back Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane. The new Batman has yet to be cast.

Snyder is co-writing the story with David S. Goyer, who will then pen the screenplay. Production is expected to begin in 2014, with an anticipated release date inSummer 2015.

Silverman stated, ?Zack Snyder is an incredibly talented filmmaker, but beyond that, he?s a fan first and he utterly gets this genre. We could not think of anyone better suited to the task of bringing these iconic Super Heroes to the screen in his own way.? Kroll added, ?We are thrilled to be back in business with Zack and his team on this next movie. The success of ?Man of Steel? is a wonderful testament to the love and support that both fans and new audiences, worldwide, have for these characters. We are very excited to see what Zack has in store for all of us.?

YES!
24674394486_13a96b16e0_o.jpg

#2 Paladin

Paladin

Have Zord, Will Travel

• Citizen
  • 12562 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 20 July 2013 - 03:40 PM

How many times has WB failed to follow through on a Justice League promise so far?

And how many times have they dropped the ball on DC properties?

Not excited.
Stuff for sale; every little bit helps. :) https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/143212-for-sale-3p-mp-potp-super-sentai-stuff TWITTER: Paladin4221

#3 Lio Kaiser

Lio Kaiser

Gattai! Lio Kaiser!

• Retired Staff
  • 4096 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 03:58 PM

If they get a good Batman/Bruce Wayne (someone who can do justice to both and not one or the other), and the dynamic between him and Superman is great, then I bet this will be an amazing film!

Actually, the way the DCU is, this is probably a good way to introduce new heroes in the DCCU, using Superman as an anchor to draw in other heroes around him. Call this film "World's Finest" and use it as the prequel to the Justice League film! Give us Wonder Woman or Flash before JLA, and we'll be setting up for a great DCCU over the next few years.

-Lio Kaiser.

#4 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 46595 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:10 PM

No.

God...No.

Not Miller. Use anyone but Miller. Not the inane Batman/Superman Rivalry that turns Superman into a naive boyscout working for the wrong side because he won't come down to the level of the common man.

I can't suffer a big screen adaptation of "Batman is the best at everything, Superman is a loser".

#5 Cheetimus Primal

Cheetimus Primal

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:39 PM

QUOTE(Rust @ Jul 20 2013, 05:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No.

God...No.

Not Miller. Use anyone but Miller. Not the inane Batman/Superman Rivalry that turns Superman into a naive boyscout working for the wrong side because he won't come down to the level of the common man.

I can't suffer a big screen adaptation of "Batman is the best at everything, Superman is a loser".

It's not going to be an adaptation. They kinda went out of their way to say that.

#6 Quantumhawk

Quantumhawk

Fight the Future

• Retired Staff
  • 18489 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 20 July 2013 - 05:40 PM

Queue I Am Legend references.

#7 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36511 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 20 July 2013 - 05:45 PM

QUOTE(Cheetimus Primal @ Jul 20 2013, 03:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Rust @ Jul 20 2013, 05:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No.

God...No.

It's not going to be an adaptation. They kinda went out of their way to say that.

Yeah, they state two or three times in that artical its not an adaption, its just a few ideas and lines they like. If this is supposed to be the Batman we've seen, even recasted, he's someone with more experence then Clark, despite having no powers. It kinda fits to some degree that in that frame Batman could beat Superman.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#8 Don_East

Don_East

Stop, Collaborate, and...

• Citizen
  • 341 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 20 July 2013 - 05:54 PM

I believe the plan DCCU is to have Supes be the first superhero much like Nu52 and since Batman was a known figure in the Nolan films, it's doubtful to it'll be that version of the Bat.

Also, since kryptonite doesn't exist yet, Bats can't use it unless he makes some huge jumps to conclusion like Luthor in the first Reeves movie.

Personally, I'm all for doing World's Finest before JL but I wish they fleshed out Superman more with a direct sequel.

Edited by Don_East, 20 July 2013 - 05:55 PM.

#9 Sean Whitmore

Sean Whitmore
  • Citizen
  • 8044 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 06:47 PM

QUOTE(Don_East @ Jul 20 2013, 03:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also, since kryptonite doesn't exist yet, Bats can't use it unless he makes some huge jumps to conclusion like Luthor in the first Reeves movie.

It wouldn't be such a jump. The military now has information that the Kryptonian atmosphere makes Superman weak; information I fully expected to make its way to Luthor in a sequel, but now might make its way to Batman instead.

PSN: SeanWhitmore

Switch: SW-7452-6932-0513

3DS: 0490-6399-8582

I did a new video thing:
https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/159447-whos-the-right-arm/

#10 Undead Scottsman

Undead Scottsman

THANOSCOPTER

• Citizen
  • 10399 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 06:49 PM

Ugh, Goyer and Snyder?

I'll pass.

MSzBav1.jpg

#11 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17382 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 20 July 2013 - 07:06 PM

Still havn't seen Man of Steel but everything I've heard fans say about it suggests it misses A LOT of what I think is best about Superman.

Somehow I feel like throwing him and Batman together in a film by these folks would only make that worse. When they have the right connection/chemistry they're a great pair and the "World's Finest Team" but I feel doubtful that is what were gonna get.

-ZacWilliam, would be happy to be wrong but, yeah, this news doesn't make me particularly happy.
Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#12 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 46595 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 07:50 PM

QUOTE(Cheetimus Primal @ Jul 20 2013, 04:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm aware of that. This is the part of the announcement that invoked that reaction:

And then Harry Lennix read this, from Frank Miller’s The Dark Knight Returns: “I want you to remember, Clark, in all the years to come, in all your most private moments, I want you to remember your hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you.”

Snyder said “we’re not adapting this thing, but it is the thing that will help us tell that story.

Even using Miller's work as a guideline throws up all sorts of red flags with me. I'm a Batman fan and even I find Miller's insentient Mary Sueing of Batman in relation to Superman tiresome.

Even using it as reference material taints the whole production. Now maybe I'm overreacting and maybe they just used it as a round about means to announce the project as Miller's work is the most famous of the two's "team ups" (Though I use that term loosely). I hope that is the case, because I've zero interest to watch the kind of movie they're implying to making.

Edited by Rust, 20 July 2013 - 07:56 PM.

#13 Detour

Detour

Too lazy to change the avatar but Graham Linehan is a sack of sh

• Supporter
  • 20674 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:37 PM

QUOTE(Undead Scottsman @ Jul 20 2013, 07:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ugh, Goyer and Snyder?

I'll pass.

QUOTE(Rust @ Jul 20 2013, 08:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Even using Miller's work as a guideline throws up all sorts of red flags with me. I'm a Batman fan and even I find Miller's insentient Mary Sueing of Batman in relation to Superman tiresome.

Even using it as reference material taints the whole production. Now maybe I'm overreacting and maybe they just used it as a round about means to announce the project as Miller's work is the most famous of the two's "team ups" (Though I use that term loosely). I hope that is the case, because I've zero interest to watch the kind of movie they're implying to making.

This is the only thing I ever felt Miller got right about Superman. And my money's on Snyder and Goyer ignoring it entirely.

You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

I'm reading that with Roy's voice. Heck, I read everything you post in a laconic Irish accent.

#14 skankerzero

skankerzero

Back in DFW!

• Citizen
  • 7459 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:40 PM

I'll do the crazy thing and wait to pass judgement until I see / hear more. icon-ball.gif
-----------
jesse sosa
owner / creative director
Dinosaur Games

#15 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 46595 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:46 PM

QUOTE(skankerzero @ Jul 20 2013, 08:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'll do the crazy thing and wait to pass judgement until I see / hear more. icon-ball.gif

What madness is this? Rational thought? 'E'S A WITCH!

#16 Detour

Detour

• Supporter
  • 20674 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:56 PM

QUOTE(Rust @ Jul 20 2013, 09:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(skankerzero @ Jul 20 2013, 08:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What madness is this? Rational thought? 'E'S A WITCH!

Man, can you imagine if when Orson Scott Card got hired to write for Superman people said they'd wait to pass judgement?

I'm reading that with Roy's voice. Heck, I read everything you post in a laconic Irish accent.

#17 MrBlud

MrBlud

Goes down smooth...

• Retired Staff
  • 52067 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:15 PM

Not writing a good Superman /= Being a leading proponent of discriminating against homosexuals.

card-strongarm.jpg

#18 Detour

Detour

• Supporter
  • 20674 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:18 PM

QUOTE(MrBlud @ Jul 20 2013, 10:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not writing a good Superman /= Being a leading proponent of discriminating against homosexuals.

What about discriminating against women? Because that's Frank in a nutshell.

#19 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 46595 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:19 PM

Hey! HEY!

We don't use that word in regards to Miller's work!

The proper term is "Whores".

#20 Cheetimus Primal

Cheetimus Primal

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:19 PM

Frank's not gonna make money from this movie.

Good lord, this thing is being judged before a single shot is filmed. Calm down, people.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users