Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Maximus Ambus : (26 February 2020 - 02:13 AM)

Optimus Maximus, the mysterious titan of the Arisen, also Iaconus from Cyberverse.

@  TriBlurr : (25 February 2020 - 12:41 AM)

I think the only other Titan class character that would interest me after Scoponok would be Tidal Wave

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 February 2020 - 07:34 PM)

A Titan would have more room for other toys to hang out, assuming one has the table space for it.

@  Darth Gonzo : (24 February 2020 - 03:32 PM)

Play wise which would be better a Commander Class Aircraft Carrier Mode Broadside or a Titan Class Aircraft Carrier Mode Broadside?

@  PlutoniumBoss : (24 February 2020 - 01:53 PM)

I'd be interested in a deluxe or voyager Fort Max in Armada flashback red-and-green.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 February 2020 - 10:49 AM)

I'd honestly be more interested in Commander-class Scorponok and Fort Max. I don't have the space for Titans.

@  Maximus Ambus : (24 February 2020 - 10:44 AM)

Make Commander class city bots to annoy collectors too

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 February 2020 - 10:43 AM)

Make two Broadsides. One Voyager-sized that only turns into a jet, and one Titan-sized that only turns into an aircraft carrier. Piss off everyone on both sides of the scale.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (24 February 2020 - 10:41 AM)

Since they seem to also go by the oh-so holy cartoon scale thing, he'd probably be a Commander Class figure.

@  wonko the sane? : (24 February 2020 - 10:34 AM)

Broadside is an aircraft carrier. He should probably be metroplex sized.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (24 February 2020 - 10:21 AM)

Broadside's more of a Commander Class.

@  Darth Gonzo : (24 February 2020 - 04:47 AM)

I think Broadside should be the next Titan Class figure.

@  wonko the sane? : (23 February 2020 - 09:38 PM)

I tan nicely! But also have a family history of cancer... so... yeah, pasty for me it is.

@  Otaku : (23 February 2020 - 04:22 PM)

I really do begin to get sunburned after about 5 minutes of direct exposure, nowadays.  Side effect of already being pasty then going on a particular medication.  Yay?

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 February 2020 - 01:36 PM)

It makes me burn. Accursed daystar.

@  Maximus Ambus : (23 February 2020 - 01:33 PM)

Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy....

@  Vexwing : (22 February 2020 - 03:26 AM)

I watched L.I.L.Y.Cat on there a while back, it was surprisingly good.

@  Steevy Maximus : (21 February 2020 - 08:47 PM)

@Dekafox, no DTP, but they DO have LILY Cat ;)

@  CORVUS : (21 February 2020 - 08:46 PM)

For me, it's "chocolate therapy".

@  wonko the sane? : (21 February 2020 - 08:32 PM)

Tonight dough owns my soul.

@  CORVUS : (21 February 2020 - 07:28 PM)

Stupid, delicious Ben & Jerry's.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (21 February 2020 - 06:42 PM)

Ahh. I remember watching Bubblegum Crisis 2020 or whatever.

@  Dekafox : (21 February 2020 - 06:25 PM)

Next you'll say they have Dominion Tank Police and L.I.L.Y.Cat

@  NotVeryKnightly : (21 February 2020 - 06:06 PM)

Bubblegum Crisis, going by several shouts down.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (21 February 2020 - 05:38 PM)

BGC?

@  Bass X0 : (21 February 2020 - 02:33 PM)

Enjoy the fudgy icing of this Hostess Cup Cake!

@  Telly : (21 February 2020 - 02:31 PM)

harlock is on tubi as well. not dubbed though :(

@  Rhinox42 : (21 February 2020 - 01:19 PM)

Blugh, the english dub of BGC is atrocious.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 February 2020 - 07:02 AM)

I might need to update my software, or they face regional limitations, cause I found no evidence of either.

@  Steevy Maximus : (20 February 2020 - 10:31 PM)

DUDE! Starcom and COPS are on Tubi too!

@  Steevy Maximus : (20 February 2020 - 09:29 PM)

Spiffy! The english dub of Bubblegum Crisis on Tubi. It's gotten so hard to find these oldies on modern streaming services.

@  Nevermore : (20 February 2020 - 08:44 PM)

And now I know and now I know and now I know that you can hear me, know that you can hear me, know that you can hear me.

@  Nevermore : (20 February 2020 - 08:31 PM)

Oh, oh, people can you hear me? People can you hear me? People can you hear me?

@  Echowarrior : (20 February 2020 - 06:39 PM)

Let me go-o-o-o!

@  Telly : (20 February 2020 - 05:41 PM)

Galileo Galileo!

@  PlutoniumBoss : (20 February 2020 - 05:36 PM)

Very very fright-ning me!

@  Sabrblade : (20 February 2020 - 04:02 PM)

*thunder and lightning*

@  ▲ndrusi : (20 February 2020 - 03:46 PM)

Ah, ah, ah!

@  PlutoniumBoss : (20 February 2020 - 03:33 PM)

Already did. It didn't take long.

@  Dekafox : (19 February 2020 - 06:14 PM)

Count Zero?

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 February 2020 - 03:53 PM)

Oh boy, here we go.

@  ▲ndrusi : (19 February 2020 - 02:34 PM)

Or do Japan's cultural values vary depending on exactly who you're trying to shut down?

@  ▲ndrusi : (19 February 2020 - 02:33 PM)

Could it be that, perhaps, these different cultural values might lead to a different approach seeming appropriate?

@  ▲ndrusi : (19 February 2020 - 02:32 PM)

Hm. Back when we were arguing about the Legends comic, I seem to recall being repeatedly told that Japan had different cultural values than the US (and therefore anyone who had a problem with anything at all was wrong to voice that opinion ever).

@  fourteenwings : (19 February 2020 - 07:23 AM)

Plus, as much as I hate to admit it, every single anime character is built to suit the audience's tastes so they buy more merch/do other things that allow $$$ to flow in the production committees direction, so the authenticity is certainly not for representation's sake.

@  fourteenwings : (19 February 2020 - 07:18 AM)

Both those anime air at midnight and are aimed at a very specific audience in a whole other media landscape. Major projects have press releases about almost everything, and there are groups just waiting to pat anybody on the back for doing what they want (GLAAD, HRC, etc)

@  B-Fox : (19 February 2020 - 03:16 AM)

It's funny that a friggin' anime about zombie idols and an anime about a school of anthropomorphic animals can have really positive trans characters WITHOUT a press release about their inclusion in the series prior to the episodes airing or having the creators announcing it on social media and patting themselves on the back for doing a thing.

@  TriBlurr : (18 February 2020 - 10:26 PM)

Vegan meat needs bacon

@  Paladin : (18 February 2020 - 08:43 PM)

vegan meat must taste delicious. they're grass-fed and regularly exercised....

@  wonko the sane? : (18 February 2020 - 06:57 PM)

Vegans are better than kids if you don't talk to them. They'll keep the lawn trimmed anyway.

Photo

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - 2016 film discussion

2293 replies to this topic

#1 Cheetimus Primal

Cheetimus Primal
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 20 July 2013 - 03:36 PM

http://www.slashfilm...knight-returns/

OK, here?s the official word about the future of the DC Universe on screen via Warner Bros. Or the official suggestion. Zack Snyder took the stage at the end of the DC panel, gesturing that moderator Chris Hardwick should move aside. Snyder said, ?I?m gonna take the lectern from you, because some jive?s going to happen up here.?

Snyder continued:

It?s official that we are going to make another Superman movie. And you say, Zack, what is the movie about? But you don?t want me to tell you that. You want to go and see the movie. But I can say that maybe there?s a single element that will be in the film that I could? help you out with. I was thinking about how to do that. I pored through the DC Universe to look for a way to tell this thing. We?re writing the thing now, but I came across a thing I found that?ll help you understand it.

And then Harry Lennix read this, from Frank Miller?s The Dark Knight Returns: ?I want you to remember, Clark, in all the years to come, in all your most private moments, I want you to remember your hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you.?

Snyder said ?we?re not adapting this thing, but it is the thing that will help us tell that story.? So while the logo he showed on screen, pictured above, uses the bat logo design from Miller?s work, this won?t quite be a direct adaptation.

No title was announced, and no actors were mentioned. Snyder did say that this is effectively the sequel to Man of Steel, and a press release confirms Henry Cavill as Superman as well as the returns of Laurence Fishburne, Amy Adams, and Diane Lane. No actor for Batman was suggested in any way.

Here?s the press release from WB:

NEXT DC SUPER HERO MOVIE IN PRE-PRODUCTION
Director Zack Snyder Unites Superman and Batman in One Explosive New Film

BURBANK, CA, July 20, 2013 ? On the heels of the worldwide success of ?Man of Steel,? director Zack Snyderis bringing together the two greatest Super Heroes of all time?Batman and Superman?for the first time on the big screen. The announcement was made today by Greg Silverman, President, Creative Development and Worldwide Production, and Sue Kroll, President, Worldwide Marketing and International Distribution,Warner Bros. Pictures.

The current hit, ?Man of Steel,? has taken in more than $630 million at the worldwide box office to date, and climbing. Along with its star, Henry Cavill, the upcomingfilm brings back Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane. The new Batman has yet to be cast.

Snyder is co-writing the story with David S. Goyer, who will then pen the screenplay. Production is expected to begin in 2014, with an anticipated release date inSummer 2015.

Silverman stated, ?Zack Snyder is an incredibly talented filmmaker, but beyond that, he?s a fan first and he utterly gets this genre. We could not think of anyone better suited to the task of bringing these iconic Super Heroes to the screen in his own way.? Kroll added, ?We are thrilled to be back in business with Zack and his team on this next movie. The success of ?Man of Steel? is a wonderful testament to the love and support that both fans and new audiences, worldwide, have for these characters. We are very excited to see what Zack has in store for all of us.?

YES!

#2 Paladin

Paladin

Have Zord, Will Travel

• Citizen
  • 12868 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 20 July 2013 - 03:40 PM

How many times has WB failed to follow through on a Justice League promise so far?

And how many times have they dropped the ball on DC properties?

Not excited.
Stuff for sale; every little bit helps. :) https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/143212-for-sale-3p-mp-potp-super-sentai-stuff TWITTER: Paladin4221

#3 Lio Kaiser

Lio Kaiser

Gattai! Lio Kaiser!

• Retired Staff
  • 4096 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 03:58 PM

If they get a good Batman/Bruce Wayne (someone who can do justice to both and not one or the other), and the dynamic between him and Superman is great, then I bet this will be an amazing film!

Actually, the way the DCU is, this is probably a good way to introduce new heroes in the DCCU, using Superman as an anchor to draw in other heroes around him. Call this film "World's Finest" and use it as the prequel to the Justice League film! Give us Wonder Woman or Flash before JLA, and we'll be setting up for a great DCCU over the next few years.

-Lio Kaiser.

#4 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 46990 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:10 PM

No.

God...No.

Not Miller. Use anyone but Miller. Not the inane Batman/Superman Rivalry that turns Superman into a naive boyscout working for the wrong side because he won't come down to the level of the common man.

I can't suffer a big screen adaptation of "Batman is the best at everything, Superman is a loser".

#5 Cheetimus Primal

Cheetimus Primal

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:39 PM

QUOTE(Rust @ Jul 20 2013, 05:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No.

God...No.

Not Miller. Use anyone but Miller. Not the inane Batman/Superman Rivalry that turns Superman into a naive boyscout working for the wrong side because he won't come down to the level of the common man.

I can't suffer a big screen adaptation of "Batman is the best at everything, Superman is a loser".

It's not going to be an adaptation. They kinda went out of their way to say that.

#6 Quantumhawk

Quantumhawk

Fight the Future

• Retired Staff
  • 18489 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 20 July 2013 - 05:40 PM

Queue I Am Legend references.

#7 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36585 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 20 July 2013 - 05:45 PM

QUOTE(Cheetimus Primal @ Jul 20 2013, 03:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Rust @ Jul 20 2013, 05:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No.

God...No.

It's not going to be an adaptation. They kinda went out of their way to say that.

Yeah, they state two or three times in that artical its not an adaption, its just a few ideas and lines they like. If this is supposed to be the Batman we've seen, even recasted, he's someone with more experence then Clark, despite having no powers. It kinda fits to some degree that in that frame Batman could beat Superman.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#8 Don_East

Don_East

Stop, Collaborate, and...

• Citizen
  • 341 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 20 July 2013 - 05:54 PM

I believe the plan DCCU is to have Supes be the first superhero much like Nu52 and since Batman was a known figure in the Nolan films, it's doubtful to it'll be that version of the Bat.

Also, since kryptonite doesn't exist yet, Bats can't use it unless he makes some huge jumps to conclusion like Luthor in the first Reeves movie.

Personally, I'm all for doing World's Finest before JL but I wish they fleshed out Superman more with a direct sequel.

Edited by Don_East, 20 July 2013 - 05:55 PM.

#9 Sean Whitmore

Sean Whitmore
  • Citizen
  • 8093 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 06:47 PM

QUOTE(Don_East @ Jul 20 2013, 03:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also, since kryptonite doesn't exist yet, Bats can't use it unless he makes some huge jumps to conclusion like Luthor in the first Reeves movie.

It wouldn't be such a jump. The military now has information that the Kryptonian atmosphere makes Superman weak; information I fully expected to make its way to Luthor in a sequel, but now might make its way to Batman instead.

PSN: SeanWhitmore

Switch: SW-7452-6932-0513

3DS: 0490-6399-8582

I did a new video thing:
https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/159447-whos-the-right-arm/

#10 Undead Scottsman

Undead Scottsman

THANOSCOPTER

• Citizen
  • 10463 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 06:49 PM

Ugh, Goyer and Snyder?

I'll pass.

MSzBav1.jpg

#11 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17542 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 20 July 2013 - 07:06 PM

Still havn't seen Man of Steel but everything I've heard fans say about it suggests it misses A LOT of what I think is best about Superman.

Somehow I feel like throwing him and Batman together in a film by these folks would only make that worse. When they have the right connection/chemistry they're a great pair and the "World's Finest Team" but I feel doubtful that is what were gonna get.

-ZacWilliam, would be happy to be wrong but, yeah, this news doesn't make me particularly happy.
Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#12 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 46990 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 07:50 PM

QUOTE(Cheetimus Primal @ Jul 20 2013, 04:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm aware of that. This is the part of the announcement that invoked that reaction:

And then Harry Lennix read this, from Frank Miller’s The Dark Knight Returns: “I want you to remember, Clark, in all the years to come, in all your most private moments, I want you to remember your hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you.”

Snyder said “we’re not adapting this thing, but it is the thing that will help us tell that story.

Even using Miller's work as a guideline throws up all sorts of red flags with me. I'm a Batman fan and even I find Miller's insentient Mary Sueing of Batman in relation to Superman tiresome.

Even using it as reference material taints the whole production. Now maybe I'm overreacting and maybe they just used it as a round about means to announce the project as Miller's work is the most famous of the two's "team ups" (Though I use that term loosely). I hope that is the case, because I've zero interest to watch the kind of movie they're implying to making.

Edited by Rust, 20 July 2013 - 07:56 PM.

#13 Detour

Detour

Too lazy to change the avatar but Graham Linehan is a sack of sh

• Supporter
  • 20693 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:37 PM

QUOTE(Undead Scottsman @ Jul 20 2013, 07:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ugh, Goyer and Snyder?

I'll pass.

QUOTE(Rust @ Jul 20 2013, 08:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Even using Miller's work as a guideline throws up all sorts of red flags with me. I'm a Batman fan and even I find Miller's insentient Mary Sueing of Batman in relation to Superman tiresome.

Even using it as reference material taints the whole production. Now maybe I'm overreacting and maybe they just used it as a round about means to announce the project as Miller's work is the most famous of the two's "team ups" (Though I use that term loosely). I hope that is the case, because I've zero interest to watch the kind of movie they're implying to making.

This is the only thing I ever felt Miller got right about Superman. And my money's on Snyder and Goyer ignoring it entirely.

You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

I'm reading that with Roy's voice. Heck, I read everything you post in a laconic Irish accent.

#14 skankerzero

skankerzero

Back in DFW!

• Citizen
  • 7459 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:40 PM

I'll do the crazy thing and wait to pass judgement until I see / hear more. icon-ball.gif
-----------
jesse sosa
owner / creative director
Dinosaur Games

#15 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 46990 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:46 PM

QUOTE(skankerzero @ Jul 20 2013, 08:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'll do the crazy thing and wait to pass judgement until I see / hear more. icon-ball.gif

What madness is this? Rational thought? 'E'S A WITCH!

#16 Detour

Detour

• Supporter
  • 20693 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:56 PM

QUOTE(Rust @ Jul 20 2013, 09:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(skankerzero @ Jul 20 2013, 08:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What madness is this? Rational thought? 'E'S A WITCH!

Man, can you imagine if when Orson Scott Card got hired to write for Superman people said they'd wait to pass judgement?

I'm reading that with Roy's voice. Heck, I read everything you post in a laconic Irish accent.

#17 MrBlud

MrBlud

Goes down smooth...

• Retired Staff
  • 52254 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:15 PM

Not writing a good Superman /= Being a leading proponent of discriminating against homosexuals.

card-strongarm.jpg

#18 Detour

Detour

• Supporter
  • 20693 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:18 PM

QUOTE(MrBlud @ Jul 20 2013, 10:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not writing a good Superman /= Being a leading proponent of discriminating against homosexuals.

What about discriminating against women? Because that's Frank in a nutshell.

#19 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 46990 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:19 PM

Hey! HEY!

We don't use that word in regards to Miller's work!

The proper term is "Whores".

#20 Cheetimus Primal

Cheetimus Primal

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:19 PM

Frank's not gonna make money from this movie.

Good lord, this thing is being judged before a single shot is filmed. Calm down, people.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users