Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  ▲ndrusi : (29 September 2020 - 04:20 PM)

I want Dr. Smoov to RUN

@  Bass X0 : (29 September 2020 - 03:15 PM)

I want Dr. Smoov or the Jaboody Show guys to dub over WFC with voices and personalities more in line with the 80s cartoon. That means no more jerk Bumblebee.

@  Maximus Ambus : (29 September 2020 - 01:35 AM)

Ever notice Kath SOucie's Janine in the later episodes of Real Ghostbusters sounds like Tara Strong's Sari Sumdac?

@  Maximus Ambus : (28 September 2020 - 02:10 PM)

I wish they were more universal like Beast Wars, Animated or Prime and as professionally done,

@  Maximus Ambus : (28 September 2020 - 02:06 PM)

The Netflix shows are done for adults, the Generation toyline is for adults who grew up with G1.

@  Sabrblade : (28 September 2020 - 12:53 PM)

Who said it ever was?

@  -LittleAutob... : (28 September 2020 - 12:43 PM)

Whatever happened to WFC Earthrise being a kids show X'D

@  wonko the sane? : (28 September 2020 - 11:43 AM)

Cool, my last tablet couldn't run it, and I stopped caring by the time I got the new one. So thanks!

@  Otaku : (28 September 2020 - 11:27 AM)

There are crossover characters, but the amount and distribution... Marvel Vs Capcom this ain't.  If @wonko the sane? my bad!

@  Otaku : (28 September 2020 - 11:21 AM)

I've been playing for *checks account* 1002 days, 23 hours.  So, by 2021, it will have been three years.  I think it takes place in its own continuity, largely inspired by G1 but borrowing from other places.

@  Otaku : (28 September 2020 - 11:19 AM)

@wonko the sane? Can only speak for Earth Wars, but so few they're easy to forget.

@  wonko the sane? : (28 September 2020 - 07:39 AM)

Didn't they already do the across universes thing in that tablet game?

@  Demovere Xeno : (28 September 2020 - 05:30 AM)

Also, make the setting an amalgamation of different Transformers series, rather than based on a specific one. Bring in things like 'Sentinel Major' as the primo Autobot jerk, and sleek car mode Vehicons as the Decepticons' basic grunt.

@  Demovere Xeno : (28 September 2020 - 05:27 AM)

KT just needs to incorporate the vehicle modes into the combat system, like Platinum did for Devastation, so they're for more than just wheeling it across the battlefield. =P

@  Demovere Xeno : (28 September 2020 - 05:25 AM)

Transformers: Warriors of Cybertron! =D

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (28 September 2020 - 05:15 AM)

I want a Power Rangers Mosu. I would also take a Transformers Mosu. :D

@  TheMightyMol... : (28 September 2020 - 04:50 AM)

It even ended on a sequel hook.

@  Demovere Xeno : (28 September 2020 - 04:40 AM)

Man, I just want another Devastation game... =(

@  NotVeryKnightly : (28 September 2020 - 01:53 AM)

Aren't TFs way more varied than Joes, as far as they'd work in gameplay? Like, Omega Supreme is vastly different from Bumblebee.

@  unluckiness : (27 September 2020 - 10:16 PM)

Hell, ripoff Super Robot Wars withTFs

@  unluckiness : (27 September 2020 - 10:16 PM)

IDK they could make something like FF tactics or Fire Emblem ripoff with Robots and i'd buy it

@  Steevy Maximus : (27 September 2020 - 09:43 PM)

See, I feel GI Joe (with it's varied cast) is a better fit for a strategy game, where as Transformers feels more suited for a shooter.

@  Maruten : (27 September 2020 - 08:28 PM)

I might give them points for making a strategy game if it's actually a good strategy game.

@  wonko the sane? : (27 September 2020 - 07:48 PM)

I mean, points for making a strategy game instead of third person shooter, but: urrrrgggg. Cyberverse.

@  wonko the sane? : (27 September 2020 - 07:47 PM)

A transformers game for the switch? *checks* Urrrggg... cyberverse...

@  Steevy Maximus : (27 September 2020 - 06:28 PM)

October will be a big month for Hasbro fans: Zoids, GI Joe AND Transformers all have brand new console games. All on the Switch at that!

@  wonko the sane? : (27 September 2020 - 09:04 AM)

At least in animated he was more driven than just "loyal bootlick".

@  unluckiness : (27 September 2020 - 08:29 AM)

Oof, That's a huge downgrade

@  Maximus Ambus : (27 September 2020 - 02:35 AM)

After rewatching Animated Sound and Fury, in my head canon Titans Return Soundwave is that Soundwave.

@  wonko the sane? : (26 September 2020 - 04:09 PM)

On an unrelated note: I just got the BBTS email about kingdom pre-orders... and even the stuff I don't want I'm perfectly willing to get if it means I can have the rest of it.

@  wonko the sane? : (26 September 2020 - 04:08 PM)

It's digimon. So first one, then the other.

@  TheMightyMol... : (26 September 2020 - 12:53 PM)

50/50 odds, it's either a helicopter with limbs, or a scantily-clad human with heli blades on their back. If female, 90% odds on the second one.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (26 September 2020 - 12:39 PM)

I read that as "Helicoptermon" and wondered what kind of Digimon that was.

@  Bass X0 : (26 September 2020 - 12:35 PM)

Helicopter-mom, transform!

@  Maximus Ambus : (25 September 2020 - 11:58 PM)

Aw I scratched the hood of my 35th anniversary Bluestreak. Fortunately he's in robot mode a lot.

@  Sabrblade : (25 September 2020 - 07:24 PM)

No decoration could improve the wall more than Knockout himself

@  TheMightyMol... : (25 September 2020 - 05:04 PM)

The wall could use some decorating, though. Maybe a nice shelf or a portrait.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 September 2020 - 04:32 PM)

I'm laughing so hard XDDD

@  ▲ndrusi : (25 September 2020 - 02:31 PM)

He doesn't even mind this time. You know what? It's comfortable here.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 September 2020 - 02:23 PM)

AND THEN KNOCKOUT WAS IN THE WALL AGAIN XDDD

@  Bass X0 : (25 September 2020 - 01:11 PM)

is an annoying stage in Super Mario World.

@  wonko the sane? : (24 September 2020 - 02:15 PM)

Gnarly.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (24 September 2020 - 01:05 PM)

Beast Era, a blonde rat called Sunsqueaker.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 September 2020 - 01:00 PM)

And then Knockout was in the wall again.

@  Sabrblade : (24 September 2020 - 12:53 PM)

Knockout: "Ooh, sorry, Lord Megatron. The correct word was... 'Decepticon'."

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 September 2020 - 11:15 AM)

Knockout: *while doing a crossword puzzle* Lord Megatron, whats a ten letter word for disappointment? | Megatron: ...... Starscream.

@  Maximus Ambus : (23 September 2020 - 01:20 PM)

@Bass X0 Shockwave did it.

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 September 2020 - 11:56 AM)

At least it's not Suntwerker.

@  wonko the sane? : (23 September 2020 - 11:19 AM)

I read that name as "suntweaker" the first time, and was terrified for a moment...

@  Bass X0 : (23 September 2020 - 03:41 AM)

Prowl did nothing wrong.

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Equestria Girls

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
430 replies to this topic

#61 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

*Vader breathing*

• Administrator
  • 41117 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:52 PM

QUOTE(Cybersnark @ Jun 26 2013, 03:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And I'm guessing that the next time the portal opens, Twilight might just pop over to check on things (hell, now that she knows it's safe, she might even bring a scientific mission to do some real exploring. I'm sure her friends would love to meet their doubles).

That sounds like a dangerous idea. What if the whole world ends up finding out about this mission? Then what?

B5ofTKU.jpg

#62 Shoggoth

Shoggoth
  • Citizen
  • 346 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:18 PM

Twilight and company aren't exactly the types to go along with the Masquerade. If anything, they are the types to cause it to burst into flames, explode, then have the explosion drive off a cliff into the sea of derailment.

That, and Masquerades suck from a storytelling standpoint. They exist as a security blanket to keep writers from being forced to think about the implications of their setting.

#63 ZeroX

ZeroX
  • 2226 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:27 PM

QUOTE(Fnu Aw @ Jun 26 2013, 04:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And I'm guessing that the next time the portal opens, Twilight might just pop over to check on things (hell, now that she knows it's safe, she might even bring a scientific mission to do some real exploring. I'm sure her friends would love to meet their doubles).

That sounds like a dangerous idea. What if the whole world ends up finding out about this mission? Then what?

Principal Celestia's reaction to one of her students being from a parallel universe and trying to enslave the entire school with demonic powers was to have her help repair the damage to the front door.

I don't think this world would care very much.

#64 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

*Vader breathing*

• Administrator
  • 41117 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:40 PM

... Seriously?

B5ofTKU.jpg

#65 ZeroX

ZeroX
  • 2226 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:10 PM

Yes, why wouldn't I be?

#66 MyLittleEmpath

MyLittleEmpath

Don't worry. Ponies will make it all better.

• Supporter
  • 1428 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:12 PM

I just remembered the one thing about the movie that annoyed me.

Did any of you notice Lyra? Anywhere? No?

Nayuki, you got some 'splainin' to do!
FREE CUSTOM PONIES!!
Just PM me whatever specifications you want.

#67 Shoggoth

Shoggoth
  • Citizen
  • 346 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:21 PM

QUOTE(Fnu Aw @ Jun 26 2013, 08:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
... Seriously?

Well, it is in character for the series.

After all, as I have mentioned before, things that would get you arrested(or shot at) in real life are considered rather mundane things in Equestria. And it makes sense for it to carry over to their ambiguously human counterparts.

(Seriously, how often do even the supporting characters do something that would kill or cripple a human and get away with it simply because it's normal for them? Kick a bowling ball hard enough to deflect? Fall off a cliff? Parachute failure? Get punted through a wall? Mind Control? 3 minute 20 mile cross desert sprint? All survivable with little more than a ruffled mane for Equestrians.)

#68 (Deactivated) Sobana

(Deactivated) Sobana
  • Guests

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:21 PM

QUOTE(ZeroX @ Jun 26 2013, 09:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Fnu Aw @ Jun 26 2013, 04:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Principal Celestia's reaction to one of her students being from a parallel universe and trying to enslave the entire school with demonic powers was to have her help repair the damage to the front door.

I don't think this world would care very much.

I guess that kind of thing is common there? Maybe it is more of an announce then a threat. I have to watch the new series to find out.

#69 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

*Vader breathing*

• Administrator
  • 41117 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:44 PM

QUOTE(ZeroX @ Jun 26 2013, 10:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, why wouldn't I be?

Because that sounds like really... odd writing.

B5ofTKU.jpg

#70 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 35142 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:45 PM

... so, is DJ Pon-3 not considered a "background" pony, given we saw her in there?

"Disabled people donít have special needs. We have very reasonable human needs. Our needs include freedom from abuse, violence, and mistreatment, the right to autonomy and self-direction, the right to represent ourselves, equal opportunity for education and employment, the right to accommodation, and societal inclusion and acceptance.

The need for accommodation isnít a ďspecial needĒ. Itís a basic human right. Itís a leveling of the playing field that allows us the same opportunities and chances as non-disabled people."

- Amethyst Schaber, http://neurowonderful.tumblr.com/

#71 Shoggoth

Shoggoth
  • Citizen
  • 346 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:03 AM

*MortalKombat* Promotion! *MortalKombat*

Now, in all seriousness, what do you think your past self would say if you from right now went back in time to 2010 and dumped the 2013 "Secondary characters" folder onto his computer?

Edited by Shoggoth, 27 June 2013 - 12:04 AM.

#72 TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot

Wha?

• Citizen
  • 4676 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:06 AM

QUOTE(ZeroX @ Jun 26 2013, 07:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To further add fuel to the completely unnecessary fire, is it just me, or did Principal Celestia also seem like she was running a Batman gambit and know what was going on the entire time as well?

Thought: Princess Celestia said that Twilight would "Soon know even more about this place than [she] did." So Her Royal Majesty Princess Celestia obviously knows something is up. What if HRMPC went to the human world, met Principle Celestia, explained things, then left. Because yeah, PC seemed to know what was going on. Not that she was in on it, but she wasn't surprised.

#73 Shoggoth

Shoggoth
  • Citizen
  • 346 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:14 AM

Hmm, I just had a thought.

In FIM, the main 6 seem roughly 18-22 for age, and in EQG Twilight and the counterparts seem to be closer to 16-18 or so. Thing is, back in Equestria, Twilight has been Celestias student since she was about what, 8?

How long ago was Shimmer Celestias student that Twilight wouldn't know about her when they seem to be very close in age?(Or, even moreso, Shimmer younger than Twilight since she had been through the portal for longer?)

Or is it just playing up the implications from the main show that Ponies live a few hundred years these days, and age more like elves?

#74 Tindalos

Tindalos
  • Citizen
  • 1895 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:20 AM

I doubt there's any different time streams between the two worlds. After all, Twilight had 3 days on both sides of the portal to get back. It also suggests that the whole 30 moons between openings would be the same on each side. (It's also likely how she knew about the Element. Popping back to Equestria sometime during season 1, discovering Twilight had it, realising what it meant, and then making a plan for the next time she'd be able to get back. I doubt she expected the crown to be right by the gate, but would have thought it an unexpected bonus)

QUOTE(Fnu Aw @ Jun 27 2013, 04:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(ZeroX @ Jun 26 2013, 10:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, why wouldn't I be?

Because that sounds like really... odd writing.

Someone had to.

Plus, it's the whole rainbow of friendship thing. Same as with Luna.

The transformation makes some sense, if you consider Sunset wanted Power. She wanted to control others, and didn't care how she did it, or if others got hurt. The Element reflected that desire and gave her the power she wanted. The form was just... letting her emotions affect her form.

But yeah, I liked the movie. A very catchy song, good animation, nice story. And it's causing people to ask questions and think. Which is always fun.

#75 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

Sorry I'm late. Had to get my powersuit.

• Citizen
  • 11838 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:17 AM

Yeah, we've seen before that magic can effect transformations. Sunset's appearance just reflected her inner nature (while AJ, Dash, Pinkie, Rarity, Fluttershy, and Twilight's transformations reflected their inner natures).

And, as for Principal Celestia's reaction, it's possible (given how the girls reacted to Twilight and Spike) that such phenomena are not completely unknown in this world. Or maybe there have been prior disturbances (related to Sunset) that tipped Celestia off that something wasn't right.

(For that matter, if the Principal is as much of a chessmaster as the Princess, it's possible she's keeping Sunset close at hand for her own purposes. . .)

#76 TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot

Wha?

• Citizen
  • 4676 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:33 AM

QUOTE(Tindalos @ Jun 27 2013, 02:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I doubt there's any different time streams between the two worlds. After all, Twilight had 3 days on both sides of the portal to get back. It also suggests that the whole 30 moons between openings would be the same on each side. (It's also likely how she knew about the Element. Popping back to Equestria sometime during season 1, discovering Twilight had it, realizing what it meant, and then making a plan for the next time she'd be able to get back. I doubt she expected the crown to be right by the gate, but would have thought it an unexpected bonus)

Better check your math again, pardner. Luna said she had 3 moons in THAT world. The moon she even shows is Earth's moon. (Hey, maybe Luna has been there?) The rest of the troop were standing around waiting for her to pop out for hours, not days. This place is like Narnia. Time doesn't flow the same. Why should it?

#77 Shoggoth

Shoggoth
  • Citizen
  • 346 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:14 PM

Personally, I just want to know why they went with something as obtuse and regressive as "Moons" for a timeframe.

They never used such a silly term in the main show. They say "Days" or "Nights". Like "See you tomorrow/ Next week" or "You need to turn in this assignment by next Thursday" or something.

What if someone interpreted it as phases of the moon? "Oh, turns out that the portal will be open for three months."

#78 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

*Vader breathing*

• Administrator
  • 41117 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:22 PM

QUOTE(Nayuki @ Jun 26 2013, 11:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The students were not based off of background pony designs. Which is great news for fanartists. Now they can draw pony versions of the students and EQG versions of background ponies.

Fan art explosion in 3... 2...

B5ofTKU.jpg

#79 (Deactivated) Sobana

(Deactivated) Sobana
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:31 PM

QUOTE(Shoggoth @ Jun 27 2013, 01:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They never used such a silly term in the main show. They say "Days" or "Nights". Like "See you tomorrow/ Next week" or "You need to turn in this assignment by next Thursday" or something.

Correction, they do use the term "moon" to describe time in the show. In the episode "Apple Family Reunion", Granny Smith says "Why we haven't have a family reunion like this in over 80 moons."

It is probably an old phrase, which is also in canon when Luna said it, when she came back she was speaking regal, that was probably a common term in her day.

QUOTE(TM2 Dinobot @ Jun 27 2013, 11:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Tindalos @ Jun 27 2013, 02:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I doubt there's any different time streams between the two worlds. After all, Twilight had 3 days on both sides of the portal to get back. It also suggests that the whole 30 moons between openings would be the same on each side. (It's also likely how she knew about the Element. Popping back to Equestria sometime during season 1, discovering Twilight had it, realizing what it meant, and then making a plan for the next time she'd be able to get back. I doubt she expected the crown to be right by the gate, but would have thought it an unexpected bonus)

Better check your math again, pardner. Luna said she had 3 moons in THAT world. The moon she even shows is Earth's moon. (Hey, maybe Luna has been there?) The rest of the troop were standing around waiting for her to pop out for hours, not days. This place is like Narnia. Time doesn't flow the same. Why should it?

Correction, Luna said she had 3 days or the portal would close for 30 moons.

An interesting thing to think about, Luna controls the moon cycle, she can make 30 moon spins in a single night if she wanted too.

Seeing how magic doesn't work in the other world, it is highly likely that the portal is connected to Equestria's moon cycles rather then the other world's. I highly doubt both worlds are in the same time sync. It would seem more likely that the mirror only response to the real world and that it randomly connects to a surface equal to or larger then the surface area of the mirror. It seems highly unlikely that the statue in the alter world was magical and somehow connected to the mirror. I think the mirror acts like a random portal every time it opens. That or after it opens, it sticks to that spot until it becomes unsuitable. Because it sounds like the mirror was around for much longer then the statue.

QUOTE(Cybersnark @ Jun 27 2013, 10:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And, as for Principal Celestia's reaction, it's possible (given how the girls reacted to Twilight and Spike) that such phenomena are not completely unknown in this world. Or maybe there have been prior disturbances (related to Sunset) that tipped Celestia off that something wasn't right.

I like to think that Celestia has one of those battle-harden expert general kind of persona that regardless of what happens, she always stays calm and collected. Even during demon attacks. I mean, c'mon, even if your twin from another world told you magical demons would eventually attack your school, you would still be shocked and scared by it, who wouldn't?

#80 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

*Vader breathing*

• Administrator
  • 41117 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:46 PM

Maybe this is one of those schools where a normal year would be considered weird.

B5ofTKU.jpg