Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  wonko the sane? : (26 September 2020 - 04:09 PM)

On an unrelated note: I just got the BBTS email about kingdom pre-orders... and even the stuff I don't want I'm perfectly willing to get if it means I can have the rest of it.

@  wonko the sane? : (26 September 2020 - 04:08 PM)

It's digimon. So first one, then the other.

@  TheMightyMol... : (26 September 2020 - 12:53 PM)

50/50 odds, it's either a helicopter with limbs, or a scantily-clad human with heli blades on their back. If female, 90% odds on the second one.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (26 September 2020 - 12:39 PM)

I read that as "Helicoptermon" and wondered what kind of Digimon that was.

@  Bass X0 : (26 September 2020 - 12:35 PM)

Helicopter-mom, transform!

@  Maximus Ambus : (25 September 2020 - 11:58 PM)

Aw I scratched the hood of my 35th anniversary Bluestreak. Fortunately he's in robot mode a lot.

@  Sabrblade : (25 September 2020 - 07:24 PM)

No decoration could improve the wall more than Knockout himself

@  TheMightyMol... : (25 September 2020 - 05:04 PM)

The wall could use some decorating, though. Maybe a nice shelf or a portrait.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 September 2020 - 04:32 PM)

I'm laughing so hard XDDD

@  ▲ndrusi : (25 September 2020 - 02:31 PM)

He doesn't even mind this time. You know what? It's comfortable here.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 September 2020 - 02:23 PM)

AND THEN KNOCKOUT WAS IN THE WALL AGAIN XDDD

@  Bass X0 : (25 September 2020 - 01:11 PM)

is an annoying stage in Super Mario World.

@  wonko the sane? : (24 September 2020 - 02:15 PM)

Gnarly.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (24 September 2020 - 01:05 PM)

Beast Era, a blonde rat called Sunsqueaker.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 September 2020 - 01:00 PM)

And then Knockout was in the wall again.

@  Sabrblade : (24 September 2020 - 12:53 PM)

Knockout: "Ooh, sorry, Lord Megatron. The correct word was... 'Decepticon'."

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 September 2020 - 11:15 AM)

Knockout: *while doing a crossword puzzle* Lord Megatron, whats a ten letter word for disappointment? | Megatron: ...... Starscream.

@  Maximus Ambus : (23 September 2020 - 01:20 PM)

@Bass X0 Shockwave did it.

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 September 2020 - 11:56 AM)

At least it's not Suntwerker.

@  wonko the sane? : (23 September 2020 - 11:19 AM)

I read that name as "suntweaker" the first time, and was terrified for a moment...

@  Bass X0 : (23 September 2020 - 03:41 AM)

Prowl did nothing wrong.

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 September 2020 - 01:50 AM)

Smashy, Stabby, Selfy, and Shieldy.

@  Xero Prime : (22 September 2020 - 08:52 PM)

RunFast, MuckyTrail, TrackBreaker and Sunstreaker

@  TheMightyMol... : (22 September 2020 - 06:16 AM)

Runamuck, Fasttrack, Sunstreaker, and Trailbreaker.

@  Nevermore : (22 September 2020 - 06:13 AM)

Cardboard and plastic.

@  Paladin : (22 September 2020 - 05:52 AM)

what's IN Wave 3, anyway?

@  Telly : (21 September 2020 - 06:35 PM)

i dont think theyre due for release until november. at least thats when target says ill get trailbreaker and sunstreaker. thought the wiki says theyre out in singapore

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 September 2020 - 06:01 PM)

Has wave 3 actually reached anywhere yet?

@  Maximus Ambus : (21 September 2020 - 04:40 PM)

A few more Bearimy's for Earthrise wave 3 to reach the UK

@  Spiritofeigh... : (20 September 2020 - 05:07 PM)

Cheers pal.

@  wonko the sane? : (20 September 2020 - 04:42 PM)

Welcome aboard!

@  Spiritofeigh... : (20 September 2020 - 04:38 PM)

Hey, new to the boards

@  RichardT1977 : (20 September 2020 - 02:29 PM)

I had an idea for a Spiral Zone/Go-Busters crossover fanfic...

@  wonko the sane? : (19 September 2020 - 06:35 PM)

I loved what was there, and think it's pretty ripe for "renegades" style reboot.

@  Rycochet : (19 September 2020 - 03:13 PM)

It's a shame as I loved Spiral Zone, and the design from the Japanese Toyline of the same name are fantastic, I adore the monowheel motorbike.

@  Rycochet : (19 September 2020 - 03:12 PM)

Hasbro doesn't seem to have any interest in doing anything with the TV show, haven't greenlit any attempt to rerelease it, and there have been approaches, so I think it may be aother one of Tonka's legal carcrashes where everyone involved owns a piece and it's not really worth anyone sticking their neck out to claim ownership.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 01:47 PM)

I feel that homages and references would be a fun way to expand the GI Joe brand, and give a little love to lines that are unlikely to be acknowledged beyond such capacity.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 01:47 PM)

I was under the impression that Bandai was more the character design aspects, not story or characters.

@  Rycochet : (19 September 2020 - 12:55 PM)

Also isn't it in rights limbo, given how it's loosely based on concepts from a BanDai series much like GoBots?

@  Rycochet : (19 September 2020 - 12:52 PM)

We don't need a Spiral Zone reboot, in a decade or so we'll be living it.

@  wonko the sane? : (19 September 2020 - 12:49 PM)

Yeah, but it would fundamentally change the base premise of both gijoe and spiral zone. It's either not the world spanning threat it was, or the zone riders are backed up by a competent force. Either way, you compromise the context of both.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 12:19 PM)

Akin to what was done with Matt Tracker in 2008.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 12:18 PM)

Again, not a PURE transplant, but an integration of ideas and concepts into the world of GI Joe.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 12:18 PM)

@Wonko The Cobra Overlord, with help from Dr. Mindbender and Cesspool, develops machines capable of generating a mind-controlling fog. GI Joe stalwarts Flint, Airtight, Lifeline, and Psyche-Out are joined by Colonal Courage to infiltrate these zones and disable the machines. Figures would sport hostile environment suits (Eco warriors cross with Spiral Zone) and make new versions of the mono-wheel vehicles.

@  Maximus Ambus : (19 September 2020 - 09:39 AM)

Hasbroverse.2 with bought properties: Bravestarr, Ulysses 31, Galaxy Rangers, Shadow Raiders, Manta Force, Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors, Mighty Orbots, Jem and Bigfoot and the Muscle Machines. Seamless.

@  wonko the sane? : (19 September 2020 - 08:32 AM)

While acknoledging spiral zone would be pretty boss, I doubt they could actively integrate it into anything else: given the scale of the villains deeds.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 08:03 AM)

COPS, Spiral Zone, Shadow Strikers, Action Man, Centurions, MegaForce. They wouldn’t replicate the old lines, but simply acknowledging their existence would be nifty.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 September 2020 - 08:01 AM)

I would love to see GI Joe become something of a “celebration of action figures”. Hasbro has SO MANY old action figure properties, and many could slot into the GI Joe umbrella with relative ease.

@  Otaku : (19 September 2020 - 12:04 AM)

G.I. Joe, CyberCOPS, and M.A.S.K. all seem like something that would work from Animated or Prime, though CyberCOPS might have been a bit trickier from Prime.

@  Sabrblade : (18 September 2020 - 11:02 PM)

Rik Alvarez originally wanted the last episode of Prime to spinoff into a new MASK reboot.

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Equestria Girls

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
430 replies to this topic

#21 (Deactivated) Sobana

(Deactivated) Sobana
  • Guests

Posted 22 June 2013 - 05:34 PM

QUOTE(Fnu Aw @ Jun 22 2013, 05:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How did Twilight's confession go? How did she manage to do it without getting herself hauled away in a straitjacket? Did everyone just shrug and say "Frankly, it's been obvious"?

Well, Pinkie had a hunch and guessed it pretty accurately but the rest where skeptical until Spike confirmed it by talking, there was a brief movement of shock and disbelief, then they were willing to help. The odd thing was Twilight was in a dressing room speaking at normal volume to Spike about how she was going to reveal the truth to her friends about being a magical pony princess when her friends were no more then a few feet away with nothing separating them other then one of those curtains covering the doorway of the dressing room. I was just thinking to myself the whole time "how can they not hear her saying that?"

#22 Agent X

Agent X

These Ponies are holding on my heart like a handgrenade.

• Citizen
  • 2529 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:10 PM

Perhaps I missed it but when they mention "the other girl who went against Sunset Shimmer" I was expecting ......don't know what I was expecting. But it sounded like a set-up for a reveal which never came unless, again, i missed it. Maybe Rarity?
"Some people collect other characters like Jazz or Hot Shot and its encouraged, but I stockpile Cybertron Crosswises and that makes ME the strange one."

#23 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

*Vader breathing*

• Administrator
  • 41083 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:17 PM

QUOTE(Sobana @ Jun 22 2013, 06:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How did Twilight's confession go? How did she manage to do it without getting herself hauled away in a straitjacket? Did everyone just shrug and say "Frankly, it's been obvious"?

Well, Pinkie had a hunch and guessed it pretty accurately but the rest where skeptical until Spike confirmed it by talking, there was a brief movement of shock and disbelief, then they were willing to help. The odd thing was Twilight was in a dressing room speaking at normal volume to Spike about how she was going to reveal the truth to her friends about being a magical pony princess when her friends were no more then a few feet away with nothing separating them other then one of those curtains covering the doorway of the dressing room. I was just thinking to myself the whole time "how can they not hear her saying that?"

It figures that Pinkie would be the one to figure it out.

If revealing the truth wasn't out of the question and Spike was able to confirm it, why didn't Twilight just immediately do that as soon as she knew where the crown was? She might have only had to tell one person.

B5ofTKU.jpg

#24 (Deactivated) Sobana

(Deactivated) Sobana
  • Guests

Posted 22 June 2013 - 10:05 PM

QUOTE(Fnu Aw @ Jun 22 2013, 08:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If revealing the truth wasn't out of the question and Spike was able to confirm it, why didn't Twilight just immediately do that as soon as she knew where the crown was? She might have only had to tell one person.

Something about upsetting the balance and the whole "who would believe" thing and not wanting humans to cross over in curiosity.

QUOTE(Nayuki @ Jun 22 2013, 10:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Agent X @ Jun 22 2013, 04:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Perhaps I missed it but when they mention "the other girl who went against Sunset Shimmer" I was expecting ......don't know what I was expecting. But it sounded like a set-up for a reveal which never came unless, again, i missed it. Maybe Rarity?

It was Rarity. Some of the stuff related to that was trimmed out early on, but there are still a couple lines in the movie that imply it.

I assumed it was Rarity was well.

#25 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

*Vader breathing*

• Administrator
  • 41083 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:14 PM

QUOTE(Sobana @ Jun 22 2013, 11:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Fnu Aw @ Jun 22 2013, 08:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Something about upsetting the balance and the whole "who would believe" thing and not wanting humans to cross over in curiosity.

I totally get why they wouldn't want open interaction between the two worlds. It would plunge the human world into complete chaos. But if Twilight could just tell one person, someone who had access to the crown and could get it without a fuss, one person who could be convinced of the need to stay quiet, wouldn't that be less risky than the alternative? Twilight had no in-universe guarantee of winning the crown, and the risk of failure was huge. On top of that, she had a villain actively trying to thwart her.

B5ofTKU.jpg

#26 (Deactivated) Raritydenmark

(Deactivated) Raritydenmark
  • Guests

Posted 23 June 2013 - 04:50 PM

The movie had been all wait worth.

#27 crazyjw18

crazyjw18

HE TELL ME DRILL WILL PIERCE MUFFINS!

• Citizen
  • 12236 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 04:59 PM

It was a good fun movie. A good amount of known alternates from Equestria while still having a lot of new looking people, a fun storyline, and good lines throughout. I'm glad Spike went along as it gave Twilight a confidant and someone to make quips.

Trixie was fun, and I like how they got a little CMC time in there. I was smiling most of the movie.

#28 (Deactivated) Sobana

(Deactivated) Sobana
  • Guests

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:08 PM

It looks like this movie is bringing back members from the dead! =D Two of my best friends have returned! This movie is awesome! >.<

#29 TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot

Wha?

• Citizen
  • 4675 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:11 PM

Well, that certainly was a thing.

I'm not sure what I thought. Parts of it were great and I loved it. The references to hands always got a chuckle, and the transformer sound almost made me fall out of the chair. The interaction, characters and pacing were good.

It did bring in some baggage that I hated from the series. Mostly Candace, the crystal empire, the EoH. Seriously, the Mane 6 ARE the EoH. The jewelry is just the focus point. If anything, this was proven in the new world where the Mane 6, without their necklaces, still harnessed the magic of friendship. The EoH are beings, not objects. So to have them 'not be able to use the elements'... Some of it just didn't sit right with me.

The whole superhero/Sailor Moon transformation sequence, and ESPECIALLY the redemption of Sunset, I just said "wat." It was annoying. Oh, and apparently int he new world super powers turn you into Gargoyles. Good to know. Sunset Shimmer was a good, believable villain with a descent plan. Her redemption was terrible though. I do wonder if some more Trixie stuff was cut? It looked like that was going somewhere.

I loved Twilight. She was just great. I loved the fact that Spike went with her. Those two had the best scenes. We need more of just the two of them in the show. That's a relationship that has always worked but is woefully under explored. I was glad to see it take center stage here. I ADORED the animation! It was absolutely top notch as good as it gets.

This may give us a better age about the CMC. Highschool normally runs 9th-12 grade, and stretches ages 14-19. So the CMC could easily be 5 years younger. And pony years may muddle that a bit. Just a thought.

I didn't like Celestia, and especially Luna. I got the feeling Celestia may have actually been Celestia at the end. But she was just way to stoic. Lesson Zero is my favorite Celestia. And Luna was just mean. Again. And her animation model was really think. it was odd.

Like I said, I laughed at every single hand joke. it was great.

#30 Don_East

Don_East

Stop, Collaborate, and...

• Citizen
  • 341 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:37 PM

I'm sorry, but I did not like this. It's every bit mediocre that I expected it to be. First TCE now this, one more strike Meghan and you're out.

I mean, it's every bit the cliche high school setting plus a rehash of the first two episodes right down to the defeated villain crying for forgiveness. It doesn't help that Sunset Shimmer is on par for King Sombra for bottom tier villain with her generic "I'm a bitch with no real motivations or personality" shtick. Yeah, we're told she has motives but you remove that and nothing would change about her.

The designs are not terrible, except for Fluttershy's, Fluttershy should not wear eyeshadow, ever. But it seems the animators are better doing ponies than humans since the movie has shots like this. The Doug-esque multicolored people setting is really distracting from this being "the real world". I'm even tempted on recoloring the entire film, I already have ideas on what to color Dash, Pinkie, & Fluttershy.

And then there were the songs, which were all the same cheap pop wanna be schlock . I admit the musical number in the lunchroom was good, but everything else felt halfhearted and Daniel clearly phoned it all in.

The "Twilight doing pony thing" jokes got old & the constant nods to the memes were annoying and only serve to validate the pandering complaint.

Shame, for two years I wanted a FiM movie and when one comes out it has 5/7 of the main cast sidelined so flanderized doppelgangers can take their place for a majority of the film.

#31 TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot

Wha?

• Citizen
  • 4675 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:20 PM

Well, to be fair this is clearly for little girls. Does that mean they should pander? No. Especially with a series that was built on not pandering. But its also forgivable, mainly because it's forgettable. There were some good moments, but over all it continued the downward spiral into season 4. Will I buy it? Maybe. I'm more likely to buy it than I would be to drive 2 hours and pay $12 to see it. :/

Edited by TM2 Dinobot, 24 June 2013 - 02:20 PM.

#32 Shoggoth

Shoggoth
  • Citizen
  • 346 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:39 PM

Hasbro has ruined things before, Hasbro will ruin things again. Because it's Hasbro, and they have a long history of ruining things.

They should send the show to the folks in charge of the Wakfu show. That was a group that could do a tie in series well.

#33 Shoggoth

Shoggoth
  • Citizen
  • 346 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:02 PM

A number of people whose opinions I trust say they enjoyed the show greatly. Of course, a couple also said they didn't really like it.

Two people can be given the same information and form entirely different conclusions on what they see. They can both be correct as well.

I, however, after spending so much time on other forums being the Thirsty Optimist, have found a fair deal of entertainment in being the grouchy pessimist.

:V

#34 TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot

Wha?

• Citizen
  • 4675 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:01 PM

I really did enjoy most of this. I think that the animation was completely superb, the music was good, and most of the time I didn't see the writing as a way to sell toys. That extra 20% where the writing wore thin is where my problems arise, and like I said, I will most likely get it on DVD (if I get the seasons). I'd give it a very strong 3 1/2 horseshoes out of five.

#35 (Deactivated) Sobana

(Deactivated) Sobana
  • Guests

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:22 PM

QUOTE(Don_East @ Jun 24 2013, 02:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's every bit mediocre that I expected it to be.

That was what I was worried about. I always look at things more cheerful then most, so I liked it more then most. If it didn't have the same animation, characters, setting up and just ran with the story, it would feel generic, but it would still feel good for a TV movie. Have you seen most made for TV movies? This one has way higher quality.

I think they might of been a limited movie release to get a feel on how it would do on a wider scale. Like if they should bring it up to the level of their other movies.

Also, was it mediocre because you went in expecting it to be so? =p

QUOTE(Nayuki @ Jun 24 2013, 05:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Shoggoth @ Jun 24 2013, 02:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hasbro has ruined things before, Hasbro will ruin things again. Because it's Hasbro, and they have a long history of ruining things.

They should send the show to the folks in charge of the Wakfu show. That was a group that could do a tie in series well.

Thanks for the vote of confidence.... icon-waspy.gif

Shhh~ That is why the fans invented the button for.

#36 Shoggoth

Shoggoth
  • Citizen
  • 346 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:09 AM

QUOTE(Nayuki @ Jun 24 2013, 04:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for the vote of confidence.... icon-waspy.gif

I should clarify what I mean. It's not that I don't have confidence in the animators and writers to make a good show, as you all have long since proven that everyone works to the best of their abilities.

It's that over the past several years, I have seen IP owner after IP owner go out of their way to ruin their works no matter what the people actually want, all in pursuit of the bottom line, because very few of them have CEO's and whatnot that actually look at what they make as more than merely a means to make money.

Hasbro just happens to be a notable offender, being a toy company first and foremost.

#37 (Deactivated) BB Shockwave

(Deactivated) BB Shockwave
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:23 AM

Sobana - thanks for the spoiler review. Hmm, I will give it a watch. But yeah, it seems most of the humour factor rests on the audience knowing the characters - as ponies - already. Who else would even spot references like human versions of Trixie or Granny Smith? Again, I am reminded of that episode of TF Animated - seeing the main Autobot cast as humans was fun for an episode, but it'd have worn thin if this stayed for longer.

Leaving Sunset there just... "raises too many questions". Seriously, Celestia and the whole Royal Guard are on the other side... just drag her to the portal and problem solved.

What is the name of Twilight's "boyfriend"? - I wonder if he will appear in Season 4...

QUOTE(Cybersnark @ Jun 21 2013, 06:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(BB Shockwave @ Jun 21 2013, 05:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is it close in
writing quality to the show? Is it ever explained why there are rainbow-colored humans in said alternate world? Is a human-Celestia the ruler of the world there?

Writing is show-quality, easily. Better; this is the likeable Pinkie Pie.

The multicoloured humans (and their weird names) aren't really explained, though there is room to speculate that this isn't the human world so much as a pocket-universe that Sunset Shimmer created/influenced. It would explain a whole host of odd coincidences (like why almost everyone Twilight knows is in the same high school).

Principal Celestia "rules" a high school; we don't really see much outside of that.

From a whole country to a high school? Wow, she has been demoted...
Makes me wonder who the president of that country is. And who is her/his equivalent in Equestria...

So, this world is not even real, just created by Magic? Maybe it's because of the Element of Harmony that is actually Magic... and it has been linked to Twilight, so it created people whom Twilight knows? Does not explain the human-shape though.

QUOTE(Don_East @ Jun 24 2013, 06:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm sorry, but I did not like this. It's every bit mediocre that I expected it to be. First TCE now this, one more strike Meghan and you're out.

TCE? What's that?

And I agree with you, the multicolored humans is just... an odd thing. It disturbs me even more than the Monster High-like terrible proportions (seriously in real life such a being would have her neck and spine broken under the weight of her GIANT SKULL). It reminds me of Doug (brrrr... I have been trying hard to forget it) and it especially jarring because apart from this, the human world is well, just like OUR human world. I feel the colors were left for two reasons - similarity to Monster High where characters are quite similar in design, just having different skin colors, and also as a way to make the references to the original pony characters obvious to the audience.

I am glad that the ears/tails/wings/horns on the promo designs were left out, though.

Edited by BB Shockwave, 25 June 2013 - 09:07 AM.

#38 Shoggoth

Shoggoth
  • Citizen
  • 346 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:15 AM

You forget that it has also been said that part of the reason they left them multicolored is to avoid the inevitable whining that would show up if they had to give them human racial skin colors.

Because the dumber people would do so.

Besides, I've watched Star Trek and Futurama. I can take some multi colored people.

#39 (Deactivated) BB Shockwave

(Deactivated) BB Shockwave
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:20 AM

Umm, in the USA of all place? Y'know, the melting pot of races and cultures, where every TV show has a default of at least one of every major/minor ethnicity?

I would see no problem with that. And if you remember all the "MLP as humans" drawing, a lot of people have already drawn say, Twilight as Asian or Rainbow Dash as African(-American).

In fact, in my above-cited TF Animated episode, when the Autobots wake up as humans, Bumblebee for example was African-American. And despite frequenting two TF message boards back at the time, I saw no-one have any problems with that, despite BB being one of the most iconic TF characters.

Edited by BB Shockwave, 25 June 2013 - 09:21 AM.

#40 Shoggoth

Shoggoth
  • Citizen
  • 346 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:36 AM

Precisely, because it's the US.

People here are rather stupid about things like that.