Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  ▲ndrusi : (29 September 2020 - 04:20 PM)

I want Dr. Smoov to RUN

@  Bass X0 : (29 September 2020 - 03:15 PM)

I want Dr. Smoov or the Jaboody Show guys to dub over WFC with voices and personalities more in line with the 80s cartoon. That means no more jerk Bumblebee.

@  Maximus Ambus : (29 September 2020 - 01:35 AM)

Ever notice Kath SOucie's Janine in the later episodes of Real Ghostbusters sounds like Tara Strong's Sari Sumdac?

@  Maximus Ambus : (28 September 2020 - 02:10 PM)

I wish they were more universal like Beast Wars, Animated or Prime and as professionally done,

@  Maximus Ambus : (28 September 2020 - 02:06 PM)

The Netflix shows are done for adults, the Generation toyline is for adults who grew up with G1.

@  Sabrblade : (28 September 2020 - 12:53 PM)

Who said it ever was?

@  -LittleAutob... : (28 September 2020 - 12:43 PM)

Whatever happened to WFC Earthrise being a kids show X'D

@  wonko the sane? : (28 September 2020 - 11:43 AM)

Cool, my last tablet couldn't run it, and I stopped caring by the time I got the new one. So thanks!

@  Otaku : (28 September 2020 - 11:27 AM)

There are crossover characters, but the amount and distribution... Marvel Vs Capcom this ain't.  If @wonko the sane? my bad!

@  Otaku : (28 September 2020 - 11:21 AM)

I've been playing for *checks account* 1002 days, 23 hours.  So, by 2021, it will have been three years.  I think it takes place in its own continuity, largely inspired by G1 but borrowing from other places.

@  Otaku : (28 September 2020 - 11:19 AM)

@wonko the sane? Can only speak for Earth Wars, but so few they're easy to forget.

@  wonko the sane? : (28 September 2020 - 07:39 AM)

Didn't they already do the across universes thing in that tablet game?

@  Demovere Xeno : (28 September 2020 - 05:30 AM)

Also, make the setting an amalgamation of different Transformers series, rather than based on a specific one. Bring in things like 'Sentinel Major' as the primo Autobot jerk, and sleek car mode Vehicons as the Decepticons' basic grunt.

@  Demovere Xeno : (28 September 2020 - 05:27 AM)

KT just needs to incorporate the vehicle modes into the combat system, like Platinum did for Devastation, so they're for more than just wheeling it across the battlefield. =P

@  Demovere Xeno : (28 September 2020 - 05:25 AM)

Transformers: Warriors of Cybertron! =D

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (28 September 2020 - 05:15 AM)

I want a Power Rangers Mosu. I would also take a Transformers Mosu. :D

@  TheMightyMol... : (28 September 2020 - 04:50 AM)

It even ended on a sequel hook.

@  Demovere Xeno : (28 September 2020 - 04:40 AM)

Man, I just want another Devastation game... =(

@  NotVeryKnightly : (28 September 2020 - 01:53 AM)

Aren't TFs way more varied than Joes, as far as they'd work in gameplay? Like, Omega Supreme is vastly different from Bumblebee.

@  unluckiness : (27 September 2020 - 10:16 PM)

Hell, ripoff Super Robot Wars withTFs

@  unluckiness : (27 September 2020 - 10:16 PM)

IDK they could make something like FF tactics or Fire Emblem ripoff with Robots and i'd buy it

@  Steevy Maximus : (27 September 2020 - 09:43 PM)

See, I feel GI Joe (with it's varied cast) is a better fit for a strategy game, where as Transformers feels more suited for a shooter.

@  Maruten : (27 September 2020 - 08:28 PM)

I might give them points for making a strategy game if it's actually a good strategy game.

@  wonko the sane? : (27 September 2020 - 07:48 PM)

I mean, points for making a strategy game instead of third person shooter, but: urrrrgggg. Cyberverse.

@  wonko the sane? : (27 September 2020 - 07:47 PM)

A transformers game for the switch? *checks* Urrrggg... cyberverse...

@  Steevy Maximus : (27 September 2020 - 06:28 PM)

October will be a big month for Hasbro fans: Zoids, GI Joe AND Transformers all have brand new console games. All on the Switch at that!

@  wonko the sane? : (27 September 2020 - 09:04 AM)

At least in animated he was more driven than just "loyal bootlick".

@  unluckiness : (27 September 2020 - 08:29 AM)

Oof, That's a huge downgrade

@  Maximus Ambus : (27 September 2020 - 02:35 AM)

After rewatching Animated Sound and Fury, in my head canon Titans Return Soundwave is that Soundwave.

@  wonko the sane? : (26 September 2020 - 04:09 PM)

On an unrelated note: I just got the BBTS email about kingdom pre-orders... and even the stuff I don't want I'm perfectly willing to get if it means I can have the rest of it.

@  wonko the sane? : (26 September 2020 - 04:08 PM)

It's digimon. So first one, then the other.

@  TheMightyMol... : (26 September 2020 - 12:53 PM)

50/50 odds, it's either a helicopter with limbs, or a scantily-clad human with heli blades on their back. If female, 90% odds on the second one.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (26 September 2020 - 12:39 PM)

I read that as "Helicoptermon" and wondered what kind of Digimon that was.

@  Bass X0 : (26 September 2020 - 12:35 PM)

Helicopter-mom, transform!

@  Maximus Ambus : (25 September 2020 - 11:58 PM)

Aw I scratched the hood of my 35th anniversary Bluestreak. Fortunately he's in robot mode a lot.

@  Sabrblade : (25 September 2020 - 07:24 PM)

No decoration could improve the wall more than Knockout himself

@  TheMightyMol... : (25 September 2020 - 05:04 PM)

The wall could use some decorating, though. Maybe a nice shelf or a portrait.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 September 2020 - 04:32 PM)

I'm laughing so hard XDDD

@  ▲ndrusi : (25 September 2020 - 02:31 PM)

He doesn't even mind this time. You know what? It's comfortable here.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 September 2020 - 02:23 PM)

AND THEN KNOCKOUT WAS IN THE WALL AGAIN XDDD

@  Bass X0 : (25 September 2020 - 01:11 PM)

is an annoying stage in Super Mario World.

@  wonko the sane? : (24 September 2020 - 02:15 PM)

Gnarly.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (24 September 2020 - 01:05 PM)

Beast Era, a blonde rat called Sunsqueaker.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 September 2020 - 01:00 PM)

And then Knockout was in the wall again.

@  Sabrblade : (24 September 2020 - 12:53 PM)

Knockout: "Ooh, sorry, Lord Megatron. The correct word was... 'Decepticon'."

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 September 2020 - 11:15 AM)

Knockout: *while doing a crossword puzzle* Lord Megatron, whats a ten letter word for disappointment? | Megatron: ...... Starscream.

@  Maximus Ambus : (23 September 2020 - 01:20 PM)

@Bass X0 Shockwave did it.

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 September 2020 - 11:56 AM)

At least it's not Suntwerker.

@  wonko the sane? : (23 September 2020 - 11:19 AM)

I read that name as "suntweaker" the first time, and was terrified for a moment...

@  Bass X0 : (23 September 2020 - 03:41 AM)

Prowl did nothing wrong.

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Equestria Girls

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
430 replies to this topic

#1 MrBlud

MrBlud

Goes down smooth...

• Retired Staff
  • 52681 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:10 PM

This is the thread to talk about Equestria Girls in depth, reviews, etc

SPOILER TAGGING IS NOT NECESSARY HERE

Read at your own risk.

Now I'll be bowing out as I haven't seen it yet icon-fire.gif

card-strongarm.jpg

#2 (Deactivated) Sobana

(Deactivated) Sobana
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:27 PM

Really? This whole thread for little old me? So much room here. *rolls around empty thread* I'm sure this place will be bustling once the DVD comes out... Until then, I can just stretch out and relax~

Let me start off with the spoils then! =D

The biggest problem I have is that no one really question where she comes from, not even the principal. Maybe alternate Twilight was planning on transferring there at some point but Twilight showed up so everyone just assumed she got there a week early?

Also, we never really see anything beyond the school. I guess there is no real point to that, seeing how everything will probably be like the real world. Wait, I take that back, there was a scene of them at the caf? and clothes shop. I guess that counts...

#3 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

Sorry I'm late. Had to get my powersuit.

• Citizen
  • 11838 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:25 PM

Apparently we're the only ones who've seen it. The theatre I was at was packed, though.

QUOTE(Sobana @ Jun 19 2013, 01:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The biggest problem I have is that no one really question where she comes from, not even the principal. Maybe alternate Twilight was planning on transferring there at some point but Twilight showed up so everyone just assumed she got there a week early?

Maybe, though I know what school bureaucracy can be like (my mom was a teacher), so it's entirely possible for a principal to not hear anything about a new transfer before she shows up on their doorstep. There would've been paperwork ("get you parents to sign this" type of stuff), but I can easily see it taking more than three days to get things processed, especially if there's a big dance coming up and everyone's distracted (and most of that would be the vice principal's job anyway).

Of course, it's also possible that Principal Celestia knew more about what was happening than she let on. Sunset Shimmer has clearly been going back and forth for a while (she's well-established around the school, and she had to have been in Equestria prior to this to know that the Elements had reappeared and a new Princess been crowned), and the portal statue isn't exactly in a well-hidden place.

Also, we never really see anything beyond the school. I guess there is no real point to that, seeing how everything will probably be like the real world. Wait, I take that back, there was a scene of them at the caf? and clothes shop. I guess that counts...

Twilight may not have been doing this deliberately, but it was a smart move to stay out of sight --imagine the trouble she would've had running into other-Twilight.

Though, given that other-Twilight will turn up in the ongoing series, it's probable we'll see more of the city then (this also lends credence to your theory about Twilight's transfer already being in-progress).

#4 (Deactivated) Sobana

(Deactivated) Sobana
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:08 PM

My thread of solitude was been disrupted!

I thought I seen Derpy in the movie but another brony told me she was only in the credits. Nayuki, just now seen spoiler tag, confirms my observation was right all along! Also, what was the other Transformer reference?

You would think Celestia would tell Twilight Sparkle the whole bring an Element to another world would cause it to turn people into demons and what not. How did Sunset Shimmer know that and not Celestia? Was that part of the training she found out on her own after she left Celestia?

QUOTE(Cybersnark @ Jun 19 2013, 05:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Apparently we're the only ones who've seen it. The theatre I was at was packed, though.

We are the only true bronies on this site who would go out of our ways to go see it >.> ... It's funny because most of the other site probably won't even see this comment until like August. This will be like a little time capsule comment, save it for the future.

Was it packed with bronies or little kids?

Though, given that other-Twilight will turn up in the ongoing series, it's probable we'll see more of the city then (this also lends credence to your theory about Twilight's transfer already being in-progress).

This is the only thing that would make sense to me.

#5 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

• Citizen
  • 11838 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:34 PM

The other one was that Flash's car is going to be a Bumblebee repaint. Once the DVD comes out, I'm sure someone will start pestering Cheets.

QUOTE(Sobana @ Jun 19 2013, 07:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You would think Celestia would tell Twilight Sparkle the whole bring an Element to another world would cause it to turn people into demons and what not. How did Sunset Shimmer know that and not Celestia? Was that part of the training she found out on her own after she left Celestia?

I don't think the transformation was part of the plan, actually; Sunset Shimmer seemed surprised (say that five times fast). More likely she just wanted the Power boost and the army of brainwashed followers --the transformation was just a side-effect that she took advantage of.

Little of both, from what I saw.

#6 (Deactivated) Sobana

(Deactivated) Sobana
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:31 PM

QUOTE(Nayuki @ Jun 19 2013, 07:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Sobana @ Jun 19 2013, 04:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also, what was the other Transformer reference?

It's part of the nervous-cited joke at the start of the movie. When Pinkie uncurls from being a ball you can hear the transforming sound effect from Transformers.

edit: oops. didn't read the 'other' part. That's what I get for skimming through posts. Anyway, that's the only Transformers reference that I know of, there could have been more that I didn't get either though.

Yay, a third! =D You clearly saw the movie before any of us did. So, what parts did you work on. Did I mention I saw your name in the credits? Congratulations! =D *brohoof* /)

QUOTE(Cybersnark @ Jun 19 2013, 08:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The other one was that Flash's car is going to be a Bumblebee repaint. Once the DVD comes out, I'm sure someone will start pestering Cheets.

I would have not gotten that. Thanks! =D

QUOTE(Sobana @ Jun 19 2013, 07:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think the transformation was part of the plan, actually; Sunset Shimmer seemed surprised (say that five times fast). More likely she just wanted the Power boost and the army of brainwashed followers --the transformation was just a side-effect that she took advantage of.

I was not expecting that transformation at all. Seemed a bit to demonic, I thought they weren't allowed to go that scary.

Little of both, from what I saw.

Did you talk to any of them? The bronies I mean, lol. =p

#7 (Deactivated) Sobana

(Deactivated) Sobana
  • Guests

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:26 PM

QUOTE(Nayuki @ Jun 20 2013, 12:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Sobana @ Jun 19 2013, 08:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yay, a third! =D You clearly saw the movie before any of us did.

Saw it in theaters on Sunday, will be seeing it again on Saturday.

Did you hear the thundering applause? The roar of the crowds? Did you feel the passion? The thrill of excitement? The magic? How did it feel knowing you were there in person to share in this adventure you provided them?

Did you stand up and take a bow? Or did you sit back silently...

QUOTE(Nayuki @ Jun 20 2013, 12:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, what parts did you work on. Did I mention I saw your name in the credits? Congratulations! =D *brohoof* /)

I was not expecting that transformation at all. Seemed a bit to demonic, I thought they weren't allowed to go that scary.

I worked on a lot of parts throughout the movie. The demon transformation was one of the main sequences I worked on. I would have loved to get the magical girl stuff too, but that was someone else.

It's a shame you didn't get that part. I bet you would of made it shine. What other notable scenes did you work on?

#8 (Deactivated) BB Shockwave

(Deactivated) BB Shockwave
  • Guests

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:04 AM

wait, what...? How is it out already? I saw no release dates anywhere... And will it be available world-wide, or is this just an US release?

Can anyone provide a story breakdown? I don't mind spoilers. Is it close in writing quality to the show? Is it ever explained why there are rainbow-colored humans in said alternate world? Is a human-Celestia the ruler of the world there?

Edited by BB Shockwave, 21 June 2013 - 04:06 AM.

#9 Dvandom

Dvandom

Purveyor of Ponies. And Physics.

• Supporter
  • 17404 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:47 AM

It's out in limited release. For instance, the closest theater to me with it is in Omaha, almost 300km away. DVD/BR release sometimes in the fall is expected.

---Dave

Edited by Dvandom, 21 June 2013 - 10:47 AM.

DAVE'S WEBPAGES
-- www.eyrie.org/~dvandom/BW --
NEWS, REVIEWS and SIGHTINGS
-- www.dvandom.com --
ARTWORK and IMAGES

Pssst...if you
can't see my images,
try my deviantArt!

#10 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

• Citizen
  • 11838 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:53 PM

QUOTE(BB Shockwave @ Jun 21 2013, 05:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is it close in writing quality to the show? Is it ever explained why there are rainbow-colored humans in said alternate world? Is a human-Celestia the ruler of the world there?

Writing is show-quality, easily. Better; this is the likeable Pinkie Pie.

The multicoloured humans (and their weird names) aren't really explained, though there is room to speculate that this isn't the human world so much as a pocket-universe that Sunset Shimmer created/influenced. It would explain a whole host of odd coincidences (like why almost everyone Twilight knows is in the same high school).

Principal Celestia "rules" a high school; we don't really see much outside of that.

#11 (Deactivated) Sobana

(Deactivated) Sobana
  • Guests

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:09 PM

QUOTE(BB Shockwave @ Jun 21 2013, 05:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can anyone provide a story breakdown? I don't mind spoilers.

You want me to explain the entire story and you don't mind me ruining it for you? Alright! I've been wanting to spew it out anyway. =D

It all starts with the main six going to Canterlot for a ceremony for Twilight becoming a princess. That night at the castle while Twilight is sleeping, Sunset sneaks in and tries to replace her crown for a fake. She is discovered, she is chased, she is tackled. The crown goes flying through the mirror portal and Sunset goes after it. Celestia then tells Twilight that Sunset was her student before her but she went to the dark side and that she has to get the crown back but she only has three days to do so or the portal will close for 30 moons. It is also explained that the other five can't go with her because it will disrupt the balance or something. So she goes through but Spike runs after her. In the other world, Fluttershy finds the crown and mistakes it for the dance crown and gives it to principal Celestia for safe keeping. Twilight under the guise of a transfer student asks how she can get the crown back and she is told by Celestia to pretty much win a popularity contest in three days. Twilight then runs across her alternate friends who are fighting because they got fake text messages from Sunset making them hate each other but none of them are willing to talk it out. Twilight quickly solves the problem, hugs are exchanged and all is forgiven. Twilight then goes to the liberty to study on how to become popular and Sunset sends Snips & Snails to take embarrassing pictures of her while she studies because she takes like she would a pony and holds books with her mouth and pounds on the keyboard with her fists like they were hooves and what not. This gets on YouTube and everyone in the school finds out about it but Twilight recovers by making a "we are different but the same" musical number and the school loves her again. Then Sunset tells Snips & Snails to trash the dance room and photoshops Twilight doing it then gives it to vice principle Luna but no one is ever tricked by photoshop so she is let go. But the dance room was destroyed and Celestia postpones the dance one day which would be to late for Twilight to go back. So Twilight confesses to her friends that she is really a magical pony princess from another world and they accept it rather easily. they then get to work cleaning the gym and soon the entire school is helping out. It gets done in time, the dance is on schedule and Twilight wins the popularity contest and gets the crown...

But Sunset kidnaps Spike and ransoms him for the crown. There is a scuffle and Sunset ends up getting the crown. She puts it on and goes full demon mode. Horns, wings and worst of all... hair extensions. She then uses her new found powers to blow up the scenery. The kids come out of the school to see what all the commotion is and Sunset mind controls them all. She then turns and tries to blast Twilight but her friends huddle around her to try to protect her and it triggers the Elements of Harmony and Twilight is all like "You want to control the Elements?! I AM the elements!!!" then she totally goes 'taste the rainbow' on her punk *** and blasts her back to normal. Then she goes into a speech about how she needs to make friends and Sunset is all QQ and like 'I've been evil so long I don't know how to make friends' and Twilight is all like no problem I'm going to leave you with these guys, they will take care of you as I abandoned you in this parallel dimension. Then Twilight returns to Equestria and is all like "let's never speak of this again". Then come to find out the boy she had a crush on in the other world is in this world as a new guard and all her friends were totally like OooOOoo~ Twilight is in love~ Credits roll, Derpy is in them and the deafening cheers of the audience.

Spoiled enough? =p

#12 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

• Citizen
  • 11838 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:16 PM

It's funnier if you imagine all that being explained in a Pinkie-esque run-on sentence.

Though it leaves out a lot of the funny: the CMCs reading Youtube comments about their videos, Cheerilee's desperate need for a drink, Fluttershy's backpack full of critters, Applejack being stronger than two jocks, Rainbow Dash's matter-of-fact ego ("Of course you lost. I'm awesome.").

And I love how ruthless Twilight is. Rather than bringing Shimmer home, she just leaves her there. Broken, weeping, and surrounded by people who know exactly what sort of person she is, and will never fall for her lies again.

#13 Dvandom

Dvandom

• Supporter
  • 17404 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:33 PM

That would make an obvious setup for an EG series: the redemption of Sunset Shimmer, helped by the Mane 5. Perhaps they find the local version of Twi as well, and recruit a very confused bookworm into things.

---Dave
DAVE'S WEBPAGES
-- www.dvandom.com --
ARTWORK and IMAGES

Pssst...if you
can't see my images,
try my deviantArt!

#14 (Deactivated) Sobana

(Deactivated) Sobana
  • Guests

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:45 PM

QUOTE(Cybersnark @ Jun 21 2013, 10:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's funnier if you imagine all that being explained in a Pinkie-esque run-on sentence.

Though it leaves out a lot of the funny: the CMCs reading Youtube comments about their videos, Cheerilee's desperate need for a drink, Fluttershy's backpack full of critters, Applejack being stronger than two jocks, Rainbow Dash's matter-of-fact ego ("Of course you lost. I'm awesome.").

And I love how ruthless Twilight is. Rather than bringing Shimmer home, she just leaves her there. Broken, weeping, and surrounded by people who know exactly what sort of person she is, and will never fall for her lies again.

Yeah, like I had time to list every thing that made it awesome. I liked how when Twilight first got there she thought the School was a castle and thought all the sport trophies were more things Sunset stole from Equestria. I also like how Twilight had to adjust to being a human. Is was awesome when Trixie showed up and how Granny Smith was the cafeteria lady. One thing never addressed is why is the CMC were in high school.

Now that I think about it, did the story seem a tad weak and the characters is what made it great? I can't imagine someone not in the show or familiar with the characters to really get into the movie. Maybe I'm wrong, but if this was the first introduction a pre-teen had with the franchise, would they like it?

QUOTE(Dvandom @ Jun 21 2013, 10:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That would make an obvious setup for an EG series: the redemption of Sunset Shimmer, helped by the Mane 5. Perhaps they find the local version of Twi as well, and recruit a very confused bookworm into things.

---Dave

I can't imagine that going over well with alter Twilight "Hey, guess what, your a magical talking princess pony in another dimension!" I imagine alter Twilight is probably super deep into science and would not for a second believe in magic.

#15 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

• Citizen
  • 11838 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 11:29 AM

QUOTE(Sobana @ Jun 21 2013, 10:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One thing never addressed is why is the CMC were in high school.

Not unreasonable. High school usually lasts four/five years (five in some places, with grade 13)

Sunset Shimmer is in her fourth year at least (she's won three previous Fall Formal crowns). Big Mac is there too (seen hanging out in the caf; he wasn't just delivering drinks that first day). The CMCs could easily be first-years. We also know that, in Pony years, Sunset Shimmer is older than Twilight (she was apprentice before Twilight).

So, going by established age ranges:

Fourth Year (seniors): Sunset Shimmer, Big Mac, possibly Flash Sentinel (if he was Sunset's ex, it stands to reason they're in the same grade).

Third Year (juniors): The Manes (possibly, going by Twilight being younger than Shimmer, and the others being closer to her age).

Second Year (sophomores): ?

First Year (freshmen): the CMCs.

There's room for some variability, if human Fluttershy and Dash have the same age difference as their Ponyville versions. Fluttershy could be a very shy fourth-year, or Rainbow Dash could be a very extroverted second-year. I'd put third-year as the average just because there seems to be a bigger gap between them and the CMCs than between them and Big Mac.

#16 Dvandom

Dvandom

• Supporter
  • 17404 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 11:51 AM

I checked the showings page, and while two theaters near my parents' place will be showing it, they'll only be showing it July 6-7, and I'll be visiting my parents June 27-July 1. Sigh. Guess I'll have to wait for DVD release. At least with the toy line coming I can be reasonably sure the DVD will hit Walmart, so I won't have to Amazon it.

---Dave
DAVE'S WEBPAGES
-- www.dvandom.com --
ARTWORK and IMAGES

Pssst...if you
can't see my images,
try my deviantArt!

#17 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

*Vader breathing*

• Administrator
  • 41117 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 01:52 PM

I don't get it. Why does Sunset Shimmer want the crown so badly? What does she have to gain, or to loose? And the mechanizations of this portal completely elude me.

B5ofTKU.jpg

#18 ZeroX

ZeroX
  • 2226 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:03 PM

QUOTE(Fnu Aw @ Jun 22 2013, 02:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't get it. Why does Sunset Shimmer want the crown so badly? What does she have to gain, or to loose?

Well, the same power capable of overcoming demi-gods of chaos, for one thing.

#19 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

• Citizen
  • 11838 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:21 PM

As noted by Celestia, it also leaves Equestria without its primary superweapon defense.

Her main plan seemed to be to use it to amplify her magic (or to have magic at all in the human world), mind-control an army of slaves, then lead them through the portal to conquer/destroy Equestria. Presumably, the human slaves would've turned into pony clones the moment they crossed the portal (meaning there'd be two of everyone; one "real" and one under Shimmer's control). Mainly, she was out for the power that should've[/] been hers, if Celestia hadn't expelled her.

She's basically everything people [I]expected
Trixie to be, which is fine, since it lets Trixie be Trixie and still gives us an anti-Twilight.

Edited by Cybersnark, 22 June 2013 - 03:22 PM.

#20 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

*Vader breathing*

• Administrator
  • 41117 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:00 PM

I wonder if she was actually planned to be Trixie at some point. It's interesting that she also uses Snips and Snails as her minions.

How did Twilight's confession go? How did she manage to do it without getting herself hauled away in a straitjacket? Did everyone just shrug and say "Frankly, it's been obvious"?

B5ofTKU.jpg