Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  TM2-Megatron : (25 September 2017 - 01:35 AM)

Sad to say, I'll likely be picking up The Last Knight this week. If nothing else, it should look fantastic on 4K Blu-Ray, and my 4K OLED is still new enough I'm willing to watch things I hate if they look stunning

@  TM2-Megatron : (25 September 2017 - 01:34 AM)

Yeah, I picked it up last time when it got the 3-D conversion re-release treatment

@  Pennpenn : (25 September 2017 - 12:57 AM)

To be honest I think I'd rather a copy of The Lion King over a copy of The Last Knight, and I already own a copy of the Lion King on bluray...

@  TM2-Megatron : (25 September 2017 - 12:36 AM)

I spent some time looking for a thread about The Lion King before I figured out the movie you actually meant

@  Noideaforaname : (24 September 2017 - 11:47 PM)

I kinda want to post in that "Win TLK on Blu-Ray" thread, but I don't want to actually win...

@  wonko the sane? : (24 September 2017 - 06:29 PM)

well TS to the toy gods. Website went back up, and I ordered it anyway. Wasn't even for me, it was for my brother...

@  Telly : (24 September 2017 - 05:50 PM)

its the toy gods telling you that you dont need whatever it was you were gonna order

@  wonko the sane? : (24 September 2017 - 02:49 PM)

Arrrg! Just as I was about to make my first purchase from BBTS in years: their website up and dies on me.

@  Msol : (24 September 2017 - 02:35 PM)

Picked up Slugslinger. Awesome figure except for some unfortunate mold degradation. His fists are so loose and held just by friction. Hopefully they don't start falling out randomly.

@  Steevy Maximus : (24 September 2017 - 11:21 AM)

Probably in October/November as retailer flush out everything they can to make Christmas sales

@  Echowarrior : (24 September 2017 - 10:35 AM)

Will Thermidor and PRiD Twinferno ever hit US retail?

@  BlackMax : (23 September 2017 - 01:28 PM)

Found Infernocus at the local TrU today, he's still TFP Legion Abominus for sure, but metal as hug. Pretty cool for $5 more than a Voyager.

@  Shrug : (23 September 2017 - 07:52 AM)

Your PS3s traded souls.

@  2017 : (23 September 2017 - 07:04 AM)

Oh, odd coincidence, this afternoon my PS3 wasn't turning on. I seem to have fixed it tho.

@  Pennpenn : (23 September 2017 - 06:21 AM)

Oh great, my PS3 stopped reading discs. Brilliant.

@  BlackMax : (22 September 2017 - 08:38 PM)

Nope, that is a keen idea though. My team was Sentinel-Hulk-Haggar, Team Huge.

@  Bass X0 : (22 September 2017 - 02:17 PM)

Did anyone have a Prime team in Marvel vs. Capcom 3 consisting of Sentinel, Nova and Nemesis?

@  Robowang : (21 September 2017 - 10:06 PM)

Ok, I can't find the "Savage on a Ravage" pic that soneone pisted. Can anyone link me to it?

@  wonko the sane? : (21 September 2017 - 12:47 PM)

I'm also sure you don't sparkle like a disco ball, otherwise someone woulda run you over by now.

@  Dracula : (21 September 2017 - 12:40 PM)

anyway I don't die in sunlight, I just get tired.

@  Dracula : (21 September 2017 - 12:40 PM)

correct

@  wonko the sane? : (21 September 2017 - 11:46 AM)

I'm pretty sure most vampires would cause a gremlin infestation just for the giggles.

@  Noideaforaname : (21 September 2017 - 11:42 AM)

Hmm, a vampire would have a hell of a hard time getting rid of a Gremlin infestation, wouldn't he?

@  OrionPax44 : (21 September 2017 - 11:13 AM)

Well then there's yellowing but isn't that all of them. I like to leave all my TF's in a hot car all day long to let all their joints turn to jelly.

@  Telly : (21 September 2017 - 11:12 AM)

what about sunlight??

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 September 2017 - 10:50 AM)

KAIJU NOT FOR SALE

@  Dracula : (21 September 2017 - 10:49 AM)

don't get any water on your trypticon, and don't feed him after midnight.

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 September 2017 - 10:42 AM)

I've had mine for two weeks with no problems. Just don't be a hamfist with it.

@  Paladin : (21 September 2017 - 08:36 AM)

assuming they survive transport...

@  Telly : (21 September 2017 - 07:37 AM)

quiet you!

@  Paladin : (21 September 2017 - 06:46 AM)

and the hips should break by Wednesday/.

@  Telly : (20 September 2017 - 09:00 PM)

just ordered tr trypticon. should have it monday :)

@  OrionPax44 : (20 September 2017 - 04:57 PM)

@Robowang I have one somewhere and I can send it to you. Don't worry about it. Just let me find it

@  Bass X0 : (20 September 2017 - 04:43 PM)

Sometime last week, I purchased Hasbro Windblade online then a day or two later, Takara Windblade was announced for only £4.99 more making me instantly regret buying Hasbro's Windblade. Guess I'll be giving Hasbro Windblade to my nephew for Christmas then.

@  Shrug : (20 September 2017 - 02:24 PM)

That whole flat-rate shipping thing makes the math easy.

@  Shrug : (20 September 2017 - 02:23 PM)

4 bucks

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (20 September 2017 - 02:15 PM)

Hmm. How much is shipping from BBTS?

@  NightViper : (20 September 2017 - 02:09 PM)

Set of the four is still $22 at BBTS

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (20 September 2017 - 02:00 PM)

Ramhorn is currently available from a third party seller via Amazon for $27.

@  Robowang : (20 September 2017 - 11:47 AM)

Anybody have the TR PM OP trading card they don't want? I lost mine! Will pay you for it.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (20 September 2017 - 11:35 AM)

If you don't need her I'll take her off ya.

@  BlackMax : (20 September 2017 - 10:04 AM)

When I get that power-batteryOptimus I swear I will carry it everywhere. It'll be like having a useful tool AND being six years old again all at once.

@  Robowang : (20 September 2017 - 09:58 AM)

I guess he's gone now. Oh well.

@  Robowang : (20 September 2017 - 09:56 AM)

I saw Ramhorn all over ebay for $16 a week ago or so.

@  Shrug : (20 September 2017 - 09:02 AM)

Just ordered Arcee.  I don't need her.  But she's pink.  And a robot.  A combination I love.

@  Darknova4life : (20 September 2017 - 08:57 AM)

@ Robowang, Where is TR Ramhorn available for $16?

@  Shrug : (20 September 2017 - 07:31 AM)

Besides spotty, this is the first time I've consistently seen reships of older waves months after the next 2/3 waves show up.

@  wonko the sane? : (20 September 2017 - 07:29 AM)

No kidding spotty. Haven't seen of the recent waves, and I desperately want a seaspray for my brother.

@  Robowang : (20 September 2017 - 07:05 AM)

Distribution is so spotty these days that I've given in and just started ordering everything. I'm probably going to wind up with a $16 Ramhorn, too.

@  MidnightFox : (19 September 2017 - 08:51 PM)

So they've been out at regular retail hit and miss for awhile.

Photo

Has DC Comics Done Something Stupid Today?

1717 replies to this topic

#1701 Internet Jesus

Internet Jesus

Run.

• Citizen
  • 21312 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 19 December 2016 - 09:10 PM

So of course they have a GoFundMe now. Those people are scum.

NEW SHIT HAS COME TO LIGHT. Apparently they've been stiffing people who have commissioned them for years, and a lot of their backers from previous Kickstarters haven't gotten their books yet.

http://www.bleedingc...d-renae-de-liz/

Oh boy. This'll probably get worse before it gets better.

Practically, yeah, they're pretty scummy.

#1702 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 4465 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 19 December 2016 - 10:09 PM

Ray Dillon seems to have been a very vocal opponent of every Wonder Woman project except their own, so I'm not at all surprised that DC decided the book could go. 

#1703 Cat

Cat
  • Retired Staff
  • 11612 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 03:49 AM

They were only asking for $2,000. If it was some inane amount like $50,000 or something I might agree.

Losing your job around the Holidays is an awful thing and if you can find enough people to give you enough money to last you through the Holidays then more power to you.

The problem is that these 2 have been finding enough people to give them enough money to last them through the holidays for the last decade's worth of holidays! And oh yeah, not doing what they're supposed to be doing to EARN that money in the first place.These 2, particularly Dillon, are NOTORIOUS amongst the original art community, as scammers on the long-term scale. We're talking a DECADE plus of scams. Sure, it's only $40 here, $400 there, but add it all up, and they've been coasting on free money for years and years now. It has to stop. Instead, it's being fueled. AGAIN.

EDIT: Internet Jesus' link covered it all quite well. It's an open secret, and has been for many years, so that's why their cries for sympathy were met by many deaf ears. Ears that wanted to be paid or given art they're owed. Only thing IJ got wrong is calling it 'new shit'. Ain't nothing new about it. Nothing new at all.

Edited by Cat, 21 December 2016 - 04:10 AM.

#1704 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 4465 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 04:43 AM

Yeah, gosh, these dudes have been ripping people off for years. Maybe they don't mean to be horrible scam artists, but they seem to be slack about Not Being That. So. Many unhappy supporters who have been waiting years and years for books they paid for, and which are already available on multiple platforms elsewhere, so why have these people not had their junk fulfilled?

With the information we have now, it's turned into The Stupid Thing DC Did Was Hiring Them In The First Place.

#1705 MrBlud

MrBlud

Goes down smooth...

• Staff
  • 50738 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 21 December 2016 - 01:58 PM

They were only asking for $2,000. If it was some inane amount like $50,000 or something I might agree.

Losing your job around the Holidays is an awful thing and if you can find enough people to give you enough money to last you through the Holidays then more power to you.

The problem is that these 2 have been finding enough people to give them enough money to last them through the holidays for the last decade's worth of holidays! And oh yeah, not doing what they're supposed to be doing to EARN that money in the first place.These 2, particularly Dillon, are NOTORIOUS amongst the original art community, as scammers on the long-term scale. We're talking a DECADE plus of scams. Sure, it's only $40 here, $400 there, but add it all up, and they've been coasting on free money for years and years now. It has to stop. Instead, it's being fueled. AGAIN.

EDIT: Internet Jesus' link covered it all quite well. It's an open secret, and has been for many years, so that's why their cries for sympathy were met by many deaf ears. Ears that wanted to be paid or given art they're owed. Only thing IJ got wrong is calling it 'new shit'. Ain't nothing new about it. Nothing new at all.

I was ignorant of those facts but now that I'm aware of them I agree with your original assessment.

card-strongarm.jpg

#1706 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Citizen
  • 19861 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 03:47 AM

http://www.theouthou...dropped-it.html

They're declaring a reset after DC's announcement that they'll be making a "diversity" push similar to what Marvel tried and failed at. 

Lexicon: still up and running!

"At my last intern briefing, Craig was clearly tired. His message had changed to, "Stay out of trouble, period." It seemed that, as director of security, Livingstone was growing old fast. If he didn't watch out, he'd become one of us - a 'Mormon' or a 'straight,' which is what Clinton staffers called FBI agents, the Secret Service, and former Bush employees."

Aldrich, Gary. Unlimited Access Washington D.C.: Regency, 1996. Pg 38

Please visit my Half.com store

Deviant Art page

#1707 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 15599 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 22 April 2017 - 05:30 AM

That's a bad reset.

-ZacWilliam, comics need to grow a more diverse audience to survive. Marvel learning the wrong lesson recently doesn't change that.
Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#1708 Broadside

Broadside

Aw yeah!

• Citizen
  • 8094 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 22 April 2017 - 05:39 AM

I think the point is that they seem to be doing the same thing Marvel did, i.e. a bad-faith "diversity as sales gimmick" with the same set of white male creators.

card-rewind.jpg

#1709 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 15599 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 22 April 2017 - 06:48 AM

That I agree with. Any push for inclusion should 100% include creative teams as diverse as said characters.

-ZacWilliam, it being a sales gimmick is not in itself a bad thing. Everything comics does is a sales gimmick, it's a business, and that's fine. But yeah, be authentic in your message/actions/authorial voices.
Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#1710 Dvandom

Dvandom

Purveyor of Ponies. And Physics.

• Supporter
  • 15569 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 10:19 AM

Still, kinda lost in the noise of "Has Marvel Done Something Stupid Today?"

---Dave

DAVE'S WEBPAGES
-- www.eyrie.org/~dvandom/BW --
NEWS, REVIEWS and SIGHTINGS
-- www.dvandom.com --
ARTWORK and IMAGES

Pssst...if you
can't see my images,
try my deviantArt!

#1711 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Citizen
  • 19861 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 07:23 PM

That I agree with. Any push for inclusion should 100% include creative teams as diverse as said characters.

-ZacWilliam, it being a sales gimmick is not in itself a bad thing. Everything comics does is a sales gimmick, it's a business, and that's fine. But yeah, be authentic in your message/actions/authorial voices.

Thing is, that would require them to finally can Eddie Berganza so that there can be female creators at all levels of the company. 

"At my last intern briefing, Craig was clearly tired. His message had changed to, "Stay out of trouble, period." It seemed that, as director of security, Livingstone was growing old fast. If he didn't watch out, he'd become one of us - a 'Mormon' or a 'straight,' which is what Clinton staffers called FBI agents, the Secret Service, and former Bush employees."

Deviant Art page

#1712 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Citizen
  • 19861 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 12:58 AM

http://www.theouthou...ks-tasty-2.html

Well, they've done a reset.

DC's coming out with a new story arc that's basically their version of the first Marvel Civil War.

The premise? Nightwing is hired by the government to lead a task force meant to round up all supers, good and bad.

Deviant Art page

#1713 unluckiness

unluckiness

Get Krunk

• Citizen
  • 15231 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 10 May 2017 - 02:14 AM

It's an alternate universe story so eh, those kinda thrive on apocalyptic and stupid settings

CNF5KJw.png

#1714 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 16291 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 10 May 2017 - 02:45 AM

They sure are using their DC counter as an excuse to bash Marvel.

Edited by NotVeryKnightly, 10 May 2017 - 02:46 AM.

#1715 Broadside

Broadside

Aw yeah!

• Citizen
  • 8094 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 10 May 2017 - 03:44 AM

Well, until they set up a Marvel counter they have to use what they've got.

card-rewind.jpg

#1716 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 16291 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 04:09 AM

I'm surprised they haven't considering all the stuff going on.

#1717 Paladin

Paladin

Have Zord, Will Travel

• Citizen
  • 8607 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 06:34 AM

unless Nightwing is also a Nazi now, I think DC's still coming out ahead of Marvel in terms of content.

SUPERHERO TIME!!!! Ruining Jokes For Everyone! TWITTER: Paladin4221

#1718 Nutjob R/T

Nutjob R/T

I love this thread.

• Citizen
  • 24080 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 07:41 PM

They're going full Oprah. 'YOU get to be a Nazi! And YOU get to be a Nazi! EVERYBODY GETS TO BE A NAZI!'
Earth is Kill because Santa.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users