Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  WorkbenchManiac : (20 October 2017 - 07:26 PM)

If you are looking to recoup some of the costs, I mean

@  WorkbenchManiac : (20 October 2017 - 07:26 PM)

If it works, I might be willing to take it off your hands. I've been meaning to get one for customs and such.

@  Nevermore : (20 October 2017 - 12:34 PM)

If that thing works, I can use it for potential future cases like this as well.

@  Nevermore : (20 October 2017 - 12:33 PM)

Ordered a watchmaker pin remover from Amazon.

@  Nevermore : (20 October 2017 - 12:33 PM)

No, bought the set at a convention.

@  Robowang : (20 October 2017 - 08:14 AM)

That's never good. Buy it from a place that will replace it?

@  Nevermore : (20 October 2017 - 04:57 AM)

Gaaaah, Hasbro. My Transformers Tribute Optimus Prime (from the two-pack with Orion Pack) has a misassembled part that has another part connected to it via a metal pin...

@  Robowang : (19 October 2017 - 05:22 PM)

I just know they have the same ID number in the computer as deluxes, so the search feature on the website is useless.

@  Robowang : (19 October 2017 - 05:21 PM)

No idea on price.

@  Shrug : (19 October 2017 - 05:14 PM)

Oh thanks. I just assumed it was a special item. Does that mean it'll be the $18ish the normal Deluxes are or can Walgreens price them separately?

@  Robowang : (19 October 2017 - 05:11 PM)

Before you go hunting at Walgreens, know that the Clone two-pack number is identical to the regular deluxe number. An in-stock listing for the clones likely just means they have deluxes in stock.

@  Vexwing : (19 October 2017 - 04:49 PM)

I had met him at BotCon 2014, he was a vendor there. He was part of the group I hung out with at the day at Universal. Really fun guy, it's sad he's gone.

@  Vexwing : (19 October 2017 - 04:46 PM)

I'm not sure if anyone here knew James Conan Gouig, but he passed away. Suicide, sadly.

@  Locoman : (19 October 2017 - 03:49 PM)

TR Triggerhappy's shoulders are terrifying.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (19 October 2017 - 03:18 PM)

Don't you hate when you join a Facebook group only to find that the moderator is a fool?

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 October 2017 - 03:04 PM)

CRAAAAAAAWLING IIIIIN MY BRAAAAAAAAINS

@  Paladin : (19 October 2017 - 08:34 AM)

must've been out of Kandrona.

@  Shrug : (19 October 2017 - 07:09 AM)

Least it wasn't a weird scratchy noise IN YOUR BRAIN.  Or was it.  Maybe you found it after it crawled out?

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (19 October 2017 - 02:47 AM)

Mine starved

@  Waspinator : (19 October 2017 - 02:16 AM)

Watch out for brain slugs

@  Pennpenn : (19 October 2017 - 01:34 AM)

Got replacements, so yeah. Main thing is, if you hear a weird scratchy noise in your headphones it might not be static..

@  PlutoniumBoss : (19 October 2017 - 01:28 AM)

Nuke the headphones from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.

@  Pennpenn : (18 October 2017 - 09:04 PM)

It's interesting how life gives you a good thing and then a bad thing. Like, just got my tax return and it was quite robust, and then I found an INCH LONG EARWIG IN MY HEADPHONES. AHHHHH-

@  BlackMax : (18 October 2017 - 05:50 PM)

I'm not completely sure what I missed but I think I love it.

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 October 2017 - 04:20 PM)

The S is for Sucks!

@  Waspinator : (18 October 2017 - 03:49 PM)

And the thatch-roofed cottagggggggggggges!

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 October 2017 - 03:30 PM)

BURN! BURN TO THE GRBURN! BURN TO THBURN! BURN TO THE GROUND!

@  Waspinator : (18 October 2017 - 03:06 PM)

Infinity Big Bang Storm! Burn in the everlasting hellfire of creation! Be utterly annihilated, down to the very last scrap of D N A!

@  Shrug : (18 October 2017 - 02:57 PM)

YES, MY QUEEN!

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (18 October 2017 - 02:37 PM)

BUUUUURN! FOR THE ROYALTY!

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 October 2017 - 02:25 PM)

BUUUUUUUUUUUURN, BABY BURN! DISCO INFERNO!

@  Agamus : (18 October 2017 - 01:55 PM)

LETS BERNNNN RRRRUBBER!!!!

@  Arazyr : (18 October 2017 - 01:12 PM)

No, thanks. I'll leave that to his wife. :p

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (18 October 2017 - 01:08 PM)

FEEL THE BERNNNNNN!!!!!

@  Nevermore : (18 October 2017 - 11:52 AM)

BERNIEEEEEEEE...

@  Shrug : (18 October 2017 - 10:47 AM)

I'm not saying they're the same. They're clearly not. But members of both parties do receive large sums of money from telecom companies. When it comes to net neutrality, the issue isn't solely bipartisan so much as it's Old Politicians that don't understand technology.  Republicans do seem intent on making it worse intentionally though.

@  Paladin : (18 October 2017 - 10:40 AM)

anyone who still says "they're both the same!" after the past 10 months is WILLFULLY ignorant.

@  unluckiness : (18 October 2017 - 10:22 AM)

I'm not American. Should I do something about it or just ignore it.

@  Shrug : (18 October 2017 - 08:48 AM)

I doubt we'd have a chance with Hillary either. Didn't she get like 100k from Comcast? Both parties are pretty dang corrupt. If only Bernie...

@  2017 : (17 October 2017 - 05:56 PM)

It scared me!

@  Kalidor : (17 October 2017 - 05:42 PM)

Yes - here is more information - https://www.battleforthenet.com/

@  Darth Gonzo : (17 October 2017 - 05:36 PM)

Hello?

@  Evac : (17 October 2017 - 04:39 PM)

Yeah, it's the Allspark.

@  wonko the sane? : (17 October 2017 - 04:35 PM)

Okay, so it is the allspark doing it, and not some piece of malware I need to run a system scan over, that's basically all I wanted to know.

@  Evac : (17 October 2017 - 04:34 PM)

If, say, Hillary or Bernie was president, we'd have a chance, but with the current administration... We're pretty much hugged.

@  Evac : (17 October 2017 - 04:32 PM)

I don't know why we're even bothering; there's no way in hell a GOP-controlled congress would listen to common proles like us.

@  Evac : (17 October 2017 - 04:32 PM)

Yeah, so did I.

@  wonko the sane? : (17 October 2017 - 04:19 PM)

Okay, so I just got a pop up telling me I need to call congress about the FCC killing net neutrality. Anyone else get that?

@  Dracula : (17 October 2017 - 09:45 AM)

I'd probably use a primer coat on either of them.

@  unluckiness : (17 October 2017 - 07:21 AM)

Wonder if Overboard or Crashbash would be easier to paint over. Generally dark colors are harder but then again, screaming fuschia seems like it'd be difficult to cover too.

Photo

Has DC Comics Done Something Stupid Today?

1717 replies to this topic

#41 Shadewing

Shadewing

Evil faces a Black Night

• Supporter
  • 33692 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:05 PM

QUOTE(Total Biscuit @ May 29 2013, 11:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well apparently Catwoman got her brains blown out in JLA, so some dude can get Batmans attention.

Since her ongoing doesn't seem to be cancelled, she'll presumable get over it though.

"I had my brains blown out!" "You look alright to me." "Well... I got better!"

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#42 Scavgraphics

Scavgraphics

Sometimes bad ponies make the best good ponies!

• Supporter
  • 6382 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 29 May 2013 - 02:55 PM

http://hasdcdonesome...tupidtoday.com/

It's worth mentioning that "done something stupid" is as decided by a blog who DC won't allow interviews with due to negative coverage so there's a certain level of bias there. (of course as item 1 of DC doing something stupid was letting people know they were blacklisting the blog due to negative coverage..."

#43 Wheelimus

Wheelimus

RUN THE JEWELS

• Administrator
  • 33359 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:07 PM

My primary complaint is that there isn't an archive of stupid things done beyond the current choice and the previous one. It would be nice to be able to read through all of the dumbassness at once.

#44 Detour

Detour

People.... What a bunch of bastards!

• Supporter
  • 19991 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:09 PM

QUOTE(Wheelimus @ May 29 2013, 04:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My primary complaint is that there isn't an archive of stupid things done beyond the current choice and the previous one. It would be nice to be able to read through all of the dumbassness at once.

Agreed.

You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

I'm reading that with Roy's voice. Heck, I read everything you post in a laconic Irish accent.

#45 G.B.Blackrock

G.B.Blackrock

Autobot Ally

• Supporter
  • 11196 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:11 PM

QUOTE(Wheelimus @ May 29 2013, 01:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Exactly!

#46 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 41964 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:46 PM

So "Let's make Bruce Wayne's Life a Parody of Peter Parker's" is a DC editorial mandate now? Because dang.

Numbers 24:17

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. Plato

#47 Scavgraphics

Scavgraphics

Sometimes bad ponies make the best good ponies!

• Supporter
  • 6382 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:47 AM

Reset twice yetsturday.

http://www.theouthou...-for-jla-4.html

http://www.theouthou...del-myopic.html

edit: looks like the obscenity filter mangles the first url. just replace "jive" with you know.

Edited by Scavgraphics, 30 May 2013 - 09:48 AM.

#48 Detour

Detour

• Supporter
  • 19991 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:52 PM

Wow.

That second one. Wow.

I'm reading that with Roy's voice. Heck, I read everything you post in a laconic Irish accent.

#49 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 3645 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:03 PM

QUOTE(Detour @ May 30 2013, 08:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow.
That second one. Wow.

That baffles me the most as it basically goes AGAINST so many "things":
comic sales are generally down, so you go against a segment which offer CONSISTENT sales. Probably in favor of annual relaunches and "big events" which give you a couple months of a sales spike before the insulting mediocre content drives away any new readers you might have gotten (and were largely responsible for driving many away from said comics to begin with).

So, WHY is Dan DiDio still in charge at DC?

Edited by Steevy Maximus, 30 May 2013 - 09:09 PM.

#50 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 41964 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:23 PM

This...this is nonsense.

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. Plato

#51 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

Twins!

• Staff
  • 31918 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 10:19 PM

I'm glad I don't really care about DC, because from an outsider's perspective all this is hilarious. 7 days is really the longest they can go? What is going on there?

#52 Detour

Detour

• Supporter
  • 19991 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 10:22 PM

QUOTE(Fnu Aw @ May 30 2013, 11:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm glad I don't really care about DC, because from an outsider's perspective all this is hilarious. 7 days is really the longest they can go? What is going on there?

Basically, much-hyped reboot, raise in sales due to media attention, sales decline because, let's face it, it was just a marketing gimmick, desperation to keep sales up and Warner execs happy.
Plus, general incompetence because Dan DiDio and Jim Lee are running the show.

#53 Undead Scottsman

Undead Scottsman

THANOSCOPTER

• Citizen
  • 10096 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:34 AM

I love how DC went all drastic reboot, dropping years of continuity for a bump in readership that didn't last very long.

Meanwhile, Marvel just did a rebranding while keeping prior continuity and they also got a huge bump, and seem to be maintaining it.

MSzBav1.jpg

#54 Shadewing

Shadewing

Evil faces a Black Night

• Supporter
  • 33692 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:46 AM

QUOTE(Undead Scottsman @ May 31 2013, 07:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I love how DC went all drastic reboot, dropping years of continuity for a bump in readership that didn't last very long.

Meanwhile, Marvel just did a rebranding while keeping prior continuity and they also got a huge bump, and seem to be maintaining it.

Well part of that is that Marvel actually planned their marketing bump, while DC had things decided at the last minutes cuasing many sudden changes without planning things out.

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

#55 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 41964 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:03 AM

DC's constant reboots make it difficult for me to care about its universe any more. Especially when they keep hitting the reset button every couple of years it seems like.

I ask in all seriousness: What makes Modern DC and its slew of revamps and reboots any different from the Silver Age when authors and creators didn't even bother to adhere to any sort of continuity or backstory?

#56 unluckiness

unluckiness

Get Krunk

• Citizen
  • 15429 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:16 AM

Their costumes have panel lining all over them and they've ditched the visible underwear. They also have 90's levels of EXTREEEEEEME!!!!!

Edited by unluckiness, 31 May 2013 - 10:16 AM.

CNF5KJw.png

#57 Stilton Disco

Stilton Disco
  • Citizen
  • 3714 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:22 AM

QUOTE(Rust @ May 31 2013, 10:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
DC's constant reboots make it difficult for me to care about its universe any more. Especially when they keep hitting the reset button every couple of years it seems like.

I ask in all seriousness: What makes Modern DC and its slew of revamps and reboots any different from the Silver Age when authors and creators didn't even bother to adhere to any sort of continuity or backstory?

As far as I can see, the main difference is that modern DC mostly takes itself painfully seriously, whereas at least the silverage was aware of just how ludicrous it was.

I got tired of it all just after Blackest Night/Brightest Day, and I'm so glad I dropped it then rather than having to go through everything I used to care about ceasing to exist.

Honestly, I've been looking through it the last few days, and only about 1 in 8 of the the characters I gave a toss about even exist anymore, and most of the ones that still do barely resemble the characters I was reading about just a few years ago.

I always prefered DC to Marvel, because its universe was a bit more lighthearted and self aware, and it generally featured, to my mind, a more believable world, filled with a better extend cast of obscure characters that had all the growth and depth the 'big 3' could never hope for.

These days, with DC off its bloody nut, and Marvel shifting slowly to being a bit more like the MCU in its sensibilities, I really just hope DC folds and Marvel can buy out some of its better, less well known characters.
No, I'm not 'that' TotalBiscuit.

#58 Detour

Detour

• Supporter
  • 19991 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:26 AM

DC will never fold, it's too protected within the Warner hierarchy.

#59 Shadewing

Shadewing

Evil faces a Black Night

• Supporter
  • 33692 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:38 AM

QUOTE(Total Biscuit @ May 31 2013, 09:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Rust @ May 31 2013, 10:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As far as I can see, the main difference is that modern DC mostly takes itself painfully seriously, whereas at least the silverage was aware of just how ludicrous it was.

I got tired of it all just after Blackest Night/Brightest Day, and I'm so glad I dropped it then rather than having to go through everything I used to care about ceasing to exist.

Honestly, I've been looking through it the last few days, and only about 1 in 8 of the the characters I gave a toss about even exist anymore, and most of the ones that still do barely resemble the characters I was reading about just a few years ago.

I always prefered DC to Marvel, because its universe was a bit more lighthearted and self aware, and it generally featured, to my mind, a more believable world, filled with a better extend cast of obscure characters that had all the growth and depth the 'big 3' could never hope for.

These days, with DC off its bloody nut, and Marvel shifting slowly to being a bit more like the MCU in its sensibilities, I really just hope DC folds and Marvel can buy out some of its better, less well known characters.

Basically in more recent years, DC and Marvel have traded roles. DC used to be generally more lighthearted and happier, while Marvel tended to be darker and more serious. Now DC is pretty much all dark and serious while Marvel has become much more lighthearted and self aware.

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

#60 Stilton Disco

Stilton Disco
  • Citizen
  • 3714 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:38 AM

QUOTE(Detour @ May 31 2013, 10:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
DC will never fold, it's too protected within the Warner hierarchy.

I'd heard kind of the opposite, and that this whole Nu52 bollocks was WB mandated to try and boost sales, with the threat of them canning the comics publishing arm if it didnt get its jive together and start making Marvel numbers.
No, I'm not 'that' TotalBiscuit.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users