Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 January 2020 - 04:44 AM)

Mine only has the 35th Anniversary Voyagers. A whole lot of them.

@  Telly : (19 January 2020 - 11:35 PM)

just be happy your walmart even stocks voyagers. mine doesnt

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 January 2020 - 08:53 PM)

Figures that Walmart finally restocks Studio Voyagers...with Wave ONE

@  ThunderWear : (19 January 2020 - 09:27 AM)

I snagged Rainmakers for half off.  They make me want jolly ranchers.

@  Trpodeca : (18 January 2020 - 04:21 PM)

I was using my account on another comptuer, and oddly it seemed to default to $US rather than converting it.

@  TM2-Megatron : (18 January 2020 - 02:02 PM)

You should be able to set eBay to display in your local currency, although personally I like to know the actual currency the item is listed in so I know if I need to account for forex fees or not

@  Trpodeca : (18 January 2020 - 06:34 AM)

I'd also like to take the opportunity to say I despise Ebay for showing the list prices in US money.

@  Trpodeca : (18 January 2020 - 06:23 AM)

Well there is an overpriced limited edition, but I don't want to pay that much money for it.

@  Trpodeca : (18 January 2020 - 06:21 AM)

Well great. The one Usagi Yojimbo volume I don't have and it's out of stock.

@  Rycochet : (17 January 2020 - 06:15 PM)

I both love and hate that the Alien franchise seems to have had more luck finding a niche as a line of children's toys than it has at producing worthwhile films.

@  Donocropolis : (17 January 2020 - 06:35 AM)

I've seen them on the shelves at Walmart. They're pretty great looking retro Aliens toys. https://www.walmart....-Vary/934039489

@  fourteenwings : (17 January 2020 - 01:11 AM)

IIRC somebody on here mentioned an unbranded Alien toy a couple of weeks ago? It seems like it was actually part of a collection for the Alien movie series by Lanard. Mattel's making some stuff too.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (16 January 2020 - 03:12 PM)

Is it really a worse name than say, HMS Spanker?

@  Maximus Ambus : (16 January 2020 - 02:36 PM)

'Boaty McBoatface' was a actual thing?! Wow.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (14 January 2020 - 02:00 PM)

Might be worth bringing back this thread.

@  ThunderWear : (14 January 2020 - 01:53 PM)

Of course I had the idea to download all the pdfs like a week too late. Anyone got an archive?

@  Steevy Maximus : (14 January 2020 - 12:48 PM)

The Collector Club is dead. Seems like it all came down shortly after New Year

@  ThunderWear : (13 January 2020 - 11:06 PM)

I can't get to the collector club website. anyone else? I was literally going to download all the fiction to finish reading.

@  Maximus Ambus : (13 January 2020 - 04:50 AM)

News today is all 'there's a CHANCE it would snow in July' and 'dogs COULD bite back'.

@  Benbot : (12 January 2020 - 10:05 PM)

Holy crap, do many people get hurt by them?

@  wonko the sane? : (12 January 2020 - 02:11 PM)

Even in fallout, they never carpet bombed with nukes.

@  Maximus Ambus : (12 January 2020 - 12:43 PM)

I hope the stockpiled nuclear weapons of the US and Russia are accounted for then.

@  Nevermore : (12 January 2020 - 12:22 PM)

Geez. 1760 (!) bombs from World War II that had not detonated and were still armed have been found. That's only the numbers for the federal state of Germany I live in, and only for the first three quarters of 2019. For all of 2018, the total number was 2811 (!!) bombs.

@  CVReynolds : (11 January 2020 - 11:05 PM)

I've been wanting a Tarantulas that turns into a more realistic tarantula for a long time. Maybe Takara will someday do a Masterpiece, which would be neat. But I really want to see a modernized look like in the IDW comics.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (11 January 2020 - 09:43 PM)

We need more Waspinators.. and rattraps.

@  Ashley : (11 January 2020 - 07:09 PM)

I'm on board with that

@  Dekafox : (11 January 2020 - 06:17 PM)

What I'm hearing is we need Cyberverse Waspinator

@  NotVeryKnightly : (10 January 2020 - 01:27 AM)

He's appeared across more branding changes than Waspinator, so maybe it's more the other way around.

@  Ashley : (10 January 2020 - 12:01 AM)

is C3PO the Waspinator of Star Wars? he'll live forever, because it's funny for him to suffer

@  Sabrblade : (09 January 2020 - 11:52 PM)

He's still waiting for them to be funny.

@  ▲ndrusi : (09 January 2020 - 10:35 PM)

Why?

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 January 2020 - 04:02 PM)

I've been watching South Park, Family Guy and The Simpsons with a straight face for a decade now.

@  wonko the sane? : (09 January 2020 - 03:18 PM)

If that's what it takes to get you to take the medication, sure.

@  Bass X0 : (09 January 2020 - 01:52 PM)

If I go crazy, will you still call me Superman?

@  fourteenwings : (09 January 2020 - 11:37 AM)

I mean, it is easier to protect HDDs, and you can retransfer the data over and over forever?

@  NotVeryKnightly : (09 January 2020 - 10:45 AM)

Not in this comparison. He's making his own files, so they're (presumably) not restricted by DRM, so he can copy them as many times as he wants. It's potentially more reliable in the long term than hoping the specific copies you originally bought never accrue any damage for the rest of your life.

@  Echowarrior : (09 January 2020 - 10:44 AM)

I prefer physical copies too. Easier to protect something physical and tangible.

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 January 2020 - 09:55 AM)

I prefer having physical copies.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (09 January 2020 - 08:56 AM)

I have plenty of physical media I turn into digital media for my plex server. Just finished ripping Ultra Seven

@  fourteenwings : (09 January 2020 - 08:50 AM)

Isn't the general consensus that we're supposed to be over physical media anyways?

@  Paladin : (09 January 2020 - 08:17 AM)

i still don't own a Blu-Ray player.

@  TheMightyMol... : (09 January 2020 - 07:35 AM)

My current TV works just fine. I don't see a need to upgrade. And by the time I do, the Next Big Thing will probably be out anyway.

@  Benbot : (09 January 2020 - 03:58 AM)

Me neither. I'm no rebel, though. I'm just poor.

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 January 2020 - 03:38 AM)

I haven't gone 4K yet, I'm a rebel.

@  Ashley : (07 January 2020 - 11:50 PM)

the comic theme is amazing

@  Bass X0 : (07 January 2020 - 03:18 PM)

Sounds like Victor Caroli but I’m not sure.

@  Bass X0 : (07 January 2020 - 02:35 PM)

Should I recognise the narrator of the Mutant Hunt trailer?

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 January 2020 - 04:30 AM)

I got me Titans Return Blaster, now watch them unveil Earthrise Blaster and Generations Perceptor, a retool of Titans Blaster.

@  ThunderWear : (06 January 2020 - 10:22 PM)

I recently switched to to the comic theme here at the Allspark and I'm so happy I just want to look at it.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (06 January 2020 - 08:12 AM)

Can you not take so many lines to say anything?

Photo

Big Hero 6 in 2014

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
98 replies to this topic

#81 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 66364 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 04:47 PM

Finally saw it today. Loved it. Great fun. When's the sequel?

Randy

ACItEK8.png

#82 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 29286 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 04:49 PM

Finally saw it today. Loved it. Great fun. When's the sequel?

Randy

When Arendelle freezes over.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#83 Quantumhawk

Quantumhawk

Fight the Future

• Retired Staff
  • 18489 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 09:13 AM

I saw it with my family yesterday and I was delighted.  One of my favorite movies in recent memory.

#84 PiratedTVPro

PiratedTVPro

Quoth Akitsu, "NEVERMORE!"

• Retired Staff
  • 14617 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 09:49 AM

If there ever is a sequel, we've got an evil Baymax - no emotion chip - floating around in the ether... Just saying.

Edited by PiratedTVPro, 08 December 2014 - 09:50 AM.

Yep.

#85 mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon

Hello, world

• Supporter
  • 19338 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 11:52 AM

If there ever is a sequel, we've got an evil Baymax - no emotion chip - floating around in the ether... Just saying.

With no armor, and quite possibly with a dead battery, so not particularly threatening...

#86 Confuzor

Confuzor

They put em in Smash Bros!!!!

• Supporter
  • 8089 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 01:00 PM

I expect we'd more likely see a TV show rather than a sequel. Kind of like Dragons or KungFu Panda.

Edited by Confuzor, 08 December 2014 - 01:00 PM.

#87 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 66364 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 02:39 PM

I expect we'd more likely see a TV show rather than a sequel. Kind of like Dragons or KungFu Panda.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....  :D

ACItEK8.png

#88 Scavgraphics

Scavgraphics

Sometimes bad ponies make the best good ponies!

• Supporter
  • 6393 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 05:01 PM

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....  :D

I like both Dragons and Panda, so Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!
Oh, and as a Disney stockholder. 2xYaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

#89 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 66364 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 09:00 PM

I like the shows too, but it takes away some of the specialness of the films.

ACItEK8.png

#90 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7347 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 06:33 PM

Doesn't open here til Boxing Day, but we got to an advance screening yesterday. It was a really, really great movie; I walked in thinking "I'm almost certain I'm going to have to buy all the action figures for my daughter" and walked out thinking "bugger, guess I need to buy two sets". 

Been a fan of the team since their debut, but I wasn't silly enough that I failed to prepare for something that didn't even remotely resemble the source material. I thought I'd be saying "they threw out everything except the names", but then they didn't even keep most of Hiro's name, so... 

Foolishly, I initially assumed that Stan's cameo was limited to the portrait. Should have known he'd manage more screentime than that. 

This is really a great example of a situation where there was no need to bastardise an existing property, they could have created something original here without losing anything. But it is what it is, and what it is is a bloody good movie. 

Now I better go boot up DI 2.0 again, haven't tried out Hiro or Baymax yet...

WsuGTl1.jpg

#91 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 8817 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 08:57 PM

Hmm, that's a thought. About the end product being great but different than the source material. It's like How to Train your Dragon. The books are waaaay different than the movie.

But was the comic Big Hero 6 that good? From what I looked up, they're bad stereotypes of Japanese culture. A yakuza, a magical girl, a kid genius, a kaiju, a samurai, a huge robot. It's like American writers just picking what he thinks Japanese heroes would be like. I'm surprised there wasn't an animator or total fanservice character.

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

#92 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7347 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 10:07 PM

It was never going to be winning Eisners -- it was a fun but ultimately disposable X-Men spinoff. It obviously sold well enough for Marvel to greenlight the second series though. 

WsuGTl1.jpg

#93 mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon

Hello, world

• Supporter
  • 19338 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 11:39 PM

I'm surprised there wasn't a ... total fanservice character.

Have you see Honey Lemon's comic design?

#94 Scavgraphics

Scavgraphics

Sometimes bad ponies make the best good ponies!

• Supporter
  • 6393 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 05:07 AM

Maybe it started life as a more straight forward adaption. shurg

The "creators" of BH6 are parts of Man of Action, which is doing a bunch of Disney/Marvel Toon work these days, and they get a big credits nod...strangely almost nothing in the credits with the word "Marvel" in it...

One commerical during one episode of SHIELD mentioned from Disney and Marvel...but then I never saw that one again...I've wondered if it's almost contractual, what with Bandai having the toylline rather than Hasbro.

Humorously, there's a big promotion for Disney's Infinity game, about how now you can have Marvel and Disney characters together, and the BH6 characters are representatives for the Disney side.  I'd REALLY want the marvel side to add the comic versions, just to mess with everything :)

#95 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 8817 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 08:27 AM

While I figured she got her name from clothes being ripped up Cutey Honey and Lemon being sex related stuff (read the term but dunno what exact definition), I figured they made her more character depiction as more Sailor Moon to keep it cleaner so I figured she's not totally fan service. But I've never read the actual comic so I dunno how comic Honey Lemon behaves.

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

#96 AgentOrange

AgentOrange
  • Citizen
  • 1260 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 10:21 AM

One commerical during one episode of SHIELD mentioned from Disney and Marvel...but then I never saw that one again...I've wondered if it's almost contractual, what with Bandai having the toylline rather than Hasbro.

Humorously, there's a big promotion for Disney's Infinity game, about how now you can have Marvel and Disney characters together, and the BH6 characters are representatives for the Disney side.  I'd REALLY want the marvel side to add the comic versions, just to mess with everything :)

There was a lot internal politics drama with BigHero6.  Disney wanted to make the movie they made.  Marvel wanted an older audience.  Since Disney didn't want to do that, Marvel refused to support the movie by doing things you'd expect like reprinting the old comics in trade form.  So Disney said they'd publish their own comics themselves, and Marvel was not happy to put it lightly.  It basically ended with Marvel having nothing to do with BigHero6 and Disney agreeing not to publish BigHero6 comics in the US.  

You can read more about it here: 

http://www.bleedingc...-hero-6-comics/

LOOKDOWN.png

#97 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Banned
  • 20567 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 12:52 PM

While I figured she got her name from clothes being ripped up Cutey Honey and Lemon being sex related stuff (read the term but dunno what exact definition), I figured they made her more character depiction as more Sailor Moon to keep it cleaner so I figured she's not totally fan service. But I've never read the actual comic so I dunno how comic Honey Lemon behaves.

"Lemon" is used to describe fanfic that contain sexual content, with the content usually being explicit in nature. I've heard that some authors use the term "lime" to describe fic that are on the edge of being lemons.

#98 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7347 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 04:37 PM

It's just insane that they're not reprinting the books. Different or not, they'd make their money back because while it's no Frozen, this movie will do well, and it will drive people to seek those back issues.

WsuGTl1.jpg

#99 Zodberg

Zodberg

The doctor is in.

• Citizen
  • 15466 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 06:48 AM

They should have an ongoing series based on the movie.

Woooo!