Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Bass X0 : (16 July 2020 - 09:43 AM)

Circuit-breaker '84, this is Megatron's rubber duck. We've got ourselves a Rodimus Convoy. Do you copy? Over.

@  fourteenwings : (16 July 2020 - 07:06 AM)

I'm not going to sit here and bicker with you. I've made my point very clear and have nothing more to say on the issue.

@  ▲ndrusi : (16 July 2020 - 07:00 AM)

I can't do anything to prevent hurricanes either but it'd be absurd to suggest I therefore shouldn't talk about them.

@  fourteenwings : (16 July 2020 - 06:57 AM)

Basically neither you nor I even like South Park anyways so the best you can do is leave it alone rather than suggest it is corrupting hearts and minds.

@  ▲ndrusi : (16 July 2020 - 06:55 AM)

In that case I'm... not sure what the point is?

@  fourteenwings : (16 July 2020 - 06:53 AM)

Nobody should be taking their morals from South Park. You can't prevent people from doing it. It's an artistic work with fans. I don't think I'm off-track.

@  ▲ndrusi : (16 July 2020 - 06:51 AM)

As far as I can tell you just of course'd the thing you were poopooing...

@  fourteenwings : (16 July 2020 - 06:47 AM)

Also, this is starting to get a bit too serious for the shoutbox (though it already was)

@  fourteenwings : (16 July 2020 - 06:47 AM)

"It's that they're internalizing the overall attitude that the writers display through the show's writing." Of course, that's South Park's "artistic" style. It's what South Park's audience wants, and that's okay.

@  ▲ndrusi : (16 July 2020 - 06:47 AM)

You can probably finish the sentence "I got 50% of my sense of humor from" with the name of some fictional work.

@  fourteenwings : (16 July 2020 - 06:45 AM)

And it still wouldn't be S.W.A.T.'ss or Grey's Anatomy's or South Park's fault.

@  ▲ndrusi : (16 July 2020 - 06:45 AM)

The idea isn't that people are taking South Park's in-universe parody moral lessons seriously (though as Nevermore points out, you can't safely assume that isn't also happening). It's that they're internalizing the overall attitude that the writers display through the show's writing.

@  fourteenwings : (16 July 2020 - 06:45 AM)

"People say" those people are right, and you should listen to them. We can't protect people from themselves, but you can advise them well.

@  Nevermore : (16 July 2020 - 06:27 AM)

So many medical disasters because someone took what they saw on a hospital show at face value.

@  Nevermore : (16 July 2020 - 06:25 AM)

So many people who think police and court procedure works like it does in Hollywood, and act accordingly. Sometimes to their own disadvantage, sometimes just to the frustration of well-meaning authorities.

@  Nevermore : (16 July 2020 - 06:24 AM)

People say "you shouldn't take your morals from a TV show" all the time, but regardless of how these people want things to work doesn't mean other people aren't doing it anyways.

@  fourteenwings : (16 July 2020 - 06:01 AM)

And I mean, if you're looking for a 1950s conservative position on something, it's certainly that a TV show is rotting children's minds.

@  fourteenwings : (16 July 2020 - 06:00 AM)

Conservatives are not hiding under the bed waiting to ruin... uh... Family Guy of all things? And like, nobody should be taking their morals from South Park. Expecting such things is impractical.

@  Maximus Ambus : (16 July 2020 - 01:10 AM)

It was just the cartoon with those foul mouthed kids in the UK until that bubble burst after the movie. Reviewers joked the movies target audience would be unable to see it for the rating.

@  Paladin : (15 July 2020 - 05:14 PM)

see also: "South Park." the show that poisoned a generation by teaching them "it's stupid to feel for other people."

@  Rycochet : (15 July 2020 - 11:04 AM)

'Take that! People who care about things!'

@  Rycochet : (15 July 2020 - 11:02 AM)

With Brian, he stopped being the voice of reason and started to be the right wing notion of a liberal, someone who's lazy, pretentious, doesn't work at anything, is every bit as abusive as the rest of the cast and only wins arguments with strawmen.

@  Otaku : (15 July 2020 - 10:56 AM)

Of course, I stopped enjoying Family Guy around that time, so my bias is clear. XP

@  Otaku : (15 July 2020 - 10:54 AM)

Is it because they changed or we changed?  Stuff that was charming, or at least, funny at first can get really annoying the longer you know a person... and I find that can go for fictional characters as well.

@  ▲ndrusi : (15 July 2020 - 08:03 AM)

familyguyjar.png

@  Maximus Ambus : (15 July 2020 - 03:45 AM)

One example is Family Guy where around season 8 Brian is suddenly reviled by everyone and has acted way out of character since.

@  Maximus Ambus : (15 July 2020 - 03:44 AM)

My least favorite thing in fiction is when it changes hands so you get a author, writer or showrunner who hates a character or messes with a arc/layout.

@  Sabrblade : (14 July 2020 - 06:02 PM)

You'll shoot yer eye out, kid.

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 July 2020 - 04:36 PM)

I shot the sheriff.

@  ▲ndrusi : (14 July 2020 - 04:24 PM)

han wasn't even in the movie until later

@  ▲ndrusi : (14 July 2020 - 04:23 PM)

the stormtroopers shot first

@  Sabrblade : (14 July 2020 - 03:33 PM)

Maclunkey

@  Paladin : (14 July 2020 - 06:18 AM)

the correct answwer to "who shot first" will always be "Harrison Ford if he ever hears that hugging question again."

@  Maximus Ambus : (14 July 2020 - 12:25 AM)

Han shot first. Plain and simple.

@  -LittleAutob... : (13 July 2020 - 06:21 PM)

\(-_-)

@  Bass X0 : (13 July 2020 - 05:26 PM)

"Here's a little---whatever. A little thing. A disclosure. An insight. Revisionism---I've always been fascinated by it. By the idea of a writer going back and altering things. Make no mistake: an edit is a profoundly aggressive act. As Froid once said, we grieve for the murdered word. If you want to get the measure of an author, don't look at what they've left on the page.... look at what they've taken away." -- Rung (MTMTE #28)

@  Verno : (11 July 2020 - 11:20 PM)

2021: :idea :rolleyes :p :D

@  -LittleAutob... : (11 July 2020 - 06:20 PM)

Perfection. :thumbsup

@  Patch : (11 July 2020 - 06:17 PM)

My plans:  :hmm  2020:  :)

@  -LittleAutob... : (11 July 2020 - 06:02 PM)

Our plans for 2020 were as amazing as Optimus Prime. But then 2020 came like Hot Rod.

@  -LittleAutob... : (11 July 2020 - 05:50 PM)

Indeed....

@  Bass X0 : (11 July 2020 - 05:40 PM)

"He who dies with the most toys wins."

@  Rycochet : (11 July 2020 - 01:11 PM)

Hey you, get moving, it's not too far, you're looking good so come as you are. Hey you, you never know what you'll see, when it's through that door with the 73.

@  Rycochet : (11 July 2020 - 01:10 PM)

Hey you, get ready, get on your feet. Get into gear and hit the street.

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 July 2020 - 12:46 PM)

I recall number 73 (old british show) discussing the Transformers movie and had the presenters trying to transform a few figures, one argued his deflated beach ball was a Transformer too.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (11 July 2020 - 08:03 AM)

And he's a big ball, but he's not the biggest ball of them all. (That'll be Pulse Unicron.)

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 July 2020 - 07:37 AM)

Trypticon so scared my Primus figure he turned into a ball.

@  ▲ndrusi : (09 July 2020 - 09:56 PM)

King Nine, however, will not return.

@  Bass X0 : (09 July 2020 - 05:05 PM)

Bass_X0 will return after these messages ^^^

@  TheMightyMol... : (09 July 2020 - 03:37 PM)

WHATAMIFIGHTINGFOOOOOOOOARRGH

Photo

Fantastic Four movie reboot

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
789 replies to this topic

#101 Cat

Cat
  • Retired Staff
  • 11612 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:37 AM

The Wolverine bit was in the movie in its Extended Cut DVD release.

Hang on.

A) There's an Extended Cut?

B) You WATCHED said Extended Cut?

How badly do you hate life?

#102 Cheetimus Primal

Cheetimus Primal

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:19 AM

In a desperate attempt to get you guys to talk about anything the hug else...

http://www.slashfilm...fantastic-four/

Josh Trank‘s Fantastic Four reboot has got to be the most mysterious of all the big 2015 releases. Even with a film as secret as Star Wars Episode VII we hear rumblings. Trank’s film, however, which is likely a major part of Fox’s Marvel plans, has a release date and little announced beyond that. Rumors have flown about actors such as Miles Teller, Michael B. Jordan and Allison Williams being up for Mr. Fantastic, Johnny and Sue Storm respectively, but none are confirmed. Now the biggest member of the team can join the rumor mill, too.

Movies.com reports Josh Gad is the number-one choice for the role of Ben Grimm, aka The Thing.

According to Movies.com, this rumor “comes from within casting circles close to the film.” Nothing is official, but they point out that Gad is age-appropriate in relation to the other actors who have been mentioned for the rest of the team.

Here’s what we do know about Josh Trank’s film. It’s scheduled for release June 19, 2015 and has Simon Kinberg and Matthew Vaughn on board as producers. The former also did a pass on Jeremy Slater’s script, as did a few others. Actors are testing in the near future with filming to take place in Louisiana. Kinberg also plans to tie it in with Fox’s X-Men universe in some way, but that’s unconfirmed.

Coming off the huge success of Frozen, Gad will next appear in Wish I Was Here, will be playing Sam Kinison and is writing a Gilligan’s Island movie among other things. With a schedule that busy, who knows if the actor could even fit a film this huge into his schedule. I’d imagine not. That doesn’t mean he wasn’t asked or mentioned though. He’s probably a first choice that can’t make it work. We’ll have to wait and see.

With a June 2015 release date planned, production on the film will be starting very soon, which means official casting announcements could happen any day now. I think Gad is a fantastic choice to play Grimm, if it works out. What do you think?

#103 PiratedTVPro

PiratedTVPro

Quoth Akitsu, "NEVERMORE!"

• Retired Staff
  • 14629 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:24 AM

I follow the writer on Twitter...

No idea if it's true or not, but I kinda like the Josh Gad casting rumor!

— Slater (@jerslater) January 28, 2014

Anyway. Ben's my favorite character I've ever written. Gad is awesome and would kill it. Hope it's true.

And *any* actor you cast is going to have his voice digitally lowered and modulated to match the character. So why not go for pure talent?

My argument has always been that Ben is the closest thing Marvel has to a Pixar character. You need an expressive, lovable voice.

Edited by PiratedTVPro, 28 January 2014 - 11:25 AM.

Yep.

#104 Cheetimus Primal

Cheetimus Primal

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:03 AM

Well... We received a cease and desist from Fox regarding that synopsis, guys. Seems like it was pretty legit after all.

#105 unluckiness

unluckiness

Kazuma desu

• Citizen
  • 20297 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:07 AM

The one that was bad and that everybody hated, or did I miss a good one? Please tell me I missed a good one...

Edited by unluckiness, 05 February 2014 - 11:07 AM.

XgxCpmP.png

#106 Cheetimus Primal

Cheetimus Primal

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:11 AM

Nope. The on no one liked.

#107 Scavgraphics

Scavgraphics

Sometimes bad ponies make the best good ponies!

• Supporter
  • 6393 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:19 PM

Well... We received a cease and desist from Fox regarding that synopsis, guys. Seems like it was pretty legit after all.

The All Spark did?

For quoting Bleeding Cool?

#108 Cheetimus Primal

Cheetimus Primal

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:56 PM

Fox is using bots to scour the Web for info leaks. We got hit for that and the synopsis for the opening of DoFP as well.

Edited by Cheetimus Primal, 05 February 2014 - 12:56 PM.

#109 Random Items

Random Items

Just this once, everybody lives!

• Retired Staff
  • 10452 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:05 PM

Man, I can't wait for the impotent nerd rage.

http://iwatchstuff.c...-tested-lad.php

'Fantastic Four' Casting: Actors Tested, Lady-Doom Being Considered

It's also being reported that Dr. Doom will be the main villain, and that, perhaps in the hope of finding someone who truly understands the particulars of their body, the studio is considering switching to a female Doctor. No specific actresses are yet being named, but apparently they want a "big name" for their antagonist and "isn't ruling out switching genders for the role." Fox truly is the colorblind pansexual of superhero rebooters.

There's some other casting talk at the linked article.

But yeah, Lady Doom.

#110 Cat

Cat
  • Retired Staff
  • 11612 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 09:13 AM

So I imagine the armour will now have a boob-window, and those stupid things that seem to happen when female characters get their own version of a male armour that for them is fully covered?

Name's dead easy. Victoria. Or just go with Valeria, as I doubt she'll ever be appearing anyway.

#111 unluckiness

unluckiness

Kazuma desu

• Citizen
  • 20297 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 09:16 AM

Seems easy enough. I mean, Doom's pretty much always wearing a skirt anyway.

XgxCpmP.png

#112 Confuzor

Confuzor

They put em in Smash Bros!!!!

• Supporter
  • 8238 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:45 AM

Didn't Mangaverse do female Doom already?

#113 Cheetimus Primal

Cheetimus Primal

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:51 AM

Didn't Mangaverse do female Doom already?

And can't be done again?

#114 Confuzor

Confuzor

They put em in Smash Bros!!!!

• Supporter
  • 8238 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:34 AM

I'm not sayin that. Just that it's not an alltogether new concept.

#115 Cheetimus Primal

Cheetimus Primal

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:38 AM

Well it's not so much a concept as much as it's loosening the casting of the film.

*shudder*

Now I'm leery of the rivalry being more of a lover's spat.

#116 Detour

Detour

Too lazy to change the avatar but Graham Linehan is a sack of sh

• Supporter
  • 20725 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:42 AM

Weren't there a bunch of Cease and Desist notices for a bunch of "leaked Transformers scripts" that turned out very much not to be the final product?

You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

I'm reading that with Roy's voice. Heck, I read everything you post in a laconic Irish accent.

#117 Cheetimus Primal

Cheetimus Primal

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:06 AM

Weren't there a bunch of Cease and Desist notices for a bunch of "leaked Transformers scripts" that turned out very much not to be the final product?

If there were we didn't get any here.

#118 Undead Scottsman

Undead Scottsman

THANOSCOPTER

• Citizen
  • 10568 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 04:08 AM

Cease and desist could also be "this fake script is giving the movie a bad name, quit talking about it, it ain't real"

No way of knowing until more info about the movie comes out, of course.

Also, I forget if it was mentioned here, but Trank denied the female Doom rumor.

MSzBav1.jpg

#119 Kalidor

Kalidor

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Owner
  • 60169 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:08 AM

The content of that C&D was absurd anyway.. they were claiming copyright over 'purported plot summary'. The original plot summary originated on a casting call page submitted by Fox -- which, that said it probably is fake or intentionally misleading.

But who am I to oppose the angry Fox Anti Piracy Robots!?

#120 Random Items

Random Items

Just this once, everybody lives!

• Retired Staff
  • 10452 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:37 AM

But who am I to oppose the angry Fox Anti Piracy Robots!?

Dang them bots. They got one of my t-shirt designs pulled from RedBubble a while back.