Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  PlutoniumBoss : (28 March 2020 - 11:08 PM)

Oh yeah, that was Fort Max. My bad.

@  LBD "Nyt... : (28 March 2020 - 09:12 PM)

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Peritus_Maximus

@  LBD "Nyt... : (28 March 2020 - 09:11 PM)

Christmas Maximus?

@  Maximus Ambus : (28 March 2020 - 01:13 PM)

At least the ozone layer is healing. unless this is a 0.0000000001% thing it's sounds like good news.

@  ▲ndrusi : (28 March 2020 - 09:27 AM)

(But only pretty sure, not 100% sure.)

@  ▲ndrusi : (28 March 2020 - 09:26 AM)

Pretty sure y'all were thinking of Fortress Maximus yesterday.

@  Bass X0 : (28 March 2020 - 12:38 AM)

Dare! Dare to believe you can survive 2020!

@  Steevy Maximus : (27 March 2020 - 08:18 PM)

Baja Blast is back at retail!

@  TheMightyMol... : (27 March 2020 - 03:47 PM)

Shame he wasn't around more. He seemed like such a jolly, happy soul.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (27 March 2020 - 02:16 PM)

No, he was definitely Metroplex. You could tell because he was in Metroplex's distinctive red and green coloration.

@  Paladin : (27 March 2020 - 02:11 PM)

that was Leader-1. or possibly Jolt. maybe Grindor...

@  PlutoniumBoss : (27 March 2020 - 01:57 PM)

Metroplex was in Armada, in a flashback. He was the same size as everybody else. I thought that was the joke.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (27 March 2020 - 12:39 PM)

@Rodimus Supreme: Gah! You are right! How'd I get that mixed up? x.x;

@  TheMightyMol... : (27 March 2020 - 12:14 PM)

There is no Metroplex. Only Zuul.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (27 March 2020 - 11:13 AM)

@Tm_Silverclaw: There is no Armada Metroplex, he was in Cybertron.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (27 March 2020 - 11:12 AM)

And they'd be better off just retooling Metroplex and Fortress Maximus to be somewhat more accurate and changing/adding parts for interaction with later play gimmicks.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (27 March 2020 - 11:11 AM)

I honestly would prefer that for scale purposes.

@  Cyoti : (27 March 2020 - 11:07 AM)

They can redo all the CW combiners as Titan Class figures like Predaking/Devastator.

@  Dekafox : (27 March 2020 - 07:52 AM)

They could just redo Metroplex again too. Especially if it's going to be S3 based. They could also do another Primus to go with the coming Unicron.

@  OverDrive73 : (26 March 2020 - 10:56 PM)

If anyone is bored, or interested... I just added the last chapter to my fanfic comic in Allspark Pictures

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (26 March 2020 - 10:54 PM)

And no.. We could always get Titan Class Superion.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (26 March 2020 - 10:53 PM)

We need Titan Class Transformers Armada Metroplex.

@  Telly : (26 March 2020 - 08:39 PM)

ill be surprised if scorpy isnt the last titan

@  PlutoniumBoss : (26 March 2020 - 05:57 PM)

Too bad a new character titan class figure is pretty much an impossibility.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (26 March 2020 - 05:56 PM)

I want a titan class, really good looking bucket wheel excavator. Like Cybertron Metroplex was supposed to be but didn't quite pull off.

@  wonko the sane? : (26 March 2020 - 03:32 PM)

I just taped up a shower curtain and took my first shower in three weeks. It was heavenly.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (26 March 2020 - 11:48 AM)

I would buy that...

@  Maximus Ambus : (24 March 2020 - 02:03 PM)

Studio Series 100 Titan Class Driller.

@  Sabrblade : (23 March 2020 - 09:05 PM)

I'll give ya 25 cents, a pack of gum, and some peanuts.

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 March 2020 - 07:35 PM)

I can give ya twenty bucks for it.

@  Paladin : (23 March 2020 - 04:28 PM)

hoarder? I hardly know 'er?

@  Dekafox : (23 March 2020 - 01:52 PM)

FOR THE HORDE!

@  repowers : (23 March 2020 - 01:48 PM)

* hordes shrubberies *

@  Telly : (23 March 2020 - 01:46 PM)

YET...

@  PlutoniumBoss : (23 March 2020 - 01:22 PM)

At least we haven't resorted to shouting "NI" at old ladies.

@  CORVUS : (23 March 2020 - 11:04 AM)

Keep it out, and I won't reply to it.

@  RichardT1977 : (23 March 2020 - 08:50 AM)

It's a sad world where we can't discuss our health and safety without it descending into political arguments...

@  fourteenwings : (22 March 2020 - 11:46 PM)

woah I have no idea what's going on here but it's certainly breaking the "keep P&R out of the shoutbox" rules (which really should be enforced like... at all)

@  CORVUS : (22 March 2020 - 11:13 PM)

Ugh, Chinese. Typo-city.

@  CORVUS : (22 March 2020 - 11:11 PM)

Rodimus, you're just flat-out wrong. Trump eliminated the Pandemic Response Team. Trump was advised in January that this could be serious, and he didn't listen. Trump spent weeks downplaying COVID-19 by implying it was a hoax, and then that it was just a type of flu. He was late to close down travel from China, and by the time he closed down air-travel to the EU, that was also too late. He has refused to take responsibility for removing the pandemic response team, even though he basically bragged about it some months before. He's also prematurely talked up treatments using chlorquinine that have not been properly vetted as yet, and he keeps calling COVID-19 the "Chinense virus" because he can't help but be a jerk. Face facts: Trump is an incompetent bungler. Period. Full-stop.

@  repowers : (22 March 2020 - 03:49 PM)

That's totally super biased!

@  Nevermore : (22 March 2020 - 03:00 PM)

I'm not. I'm listening to his own contradictory statements.

@  TheMightyMol... : (22 March 2020 - 02:06 PM)

Most people don't, but it's still making enough ratings to continue, apparently.

@  Bass X0 : (22 March 2020 - 11:45 AM)

I’m not finding modern episodes of The Simpson’s at all funny.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (22 March 2020 - 11:44 AM)

Trump HAS been working on this, stop listening to those idiot "news" outlets that just spin everything against him out of bias.

@  TheMightyMol... : (22 March 2020 - 08:52 AM)

At the least, they could keep it off of Twitter.

@  wonko the sane? : (22 March 2020 - 08:10 AM)

I'm pretty sure the capuchin from "outbreak" would have done a better job than trump.

@  Nevermore : (22 March 2020 - 05:13 AM)

Isn't it sad that President Schwarzenegger would have been the better alternative in retrospect?

@  NotVeryKnightly : (22 March 2020 - 03:38 AM)

It was President Schwarzenegger, not Wolfcastle.

@  Maximus Ambus : (22 March 2020 - 02:51 AM)

He put that in a speech in Springfields 'Do as we say' festival in 2005 too.

Photo

Fantastic Four movie reboot

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
789 replies to this topic

#81 Zillatron

Zillatron

Lord of the Energon Harvest

• Citizen
  • 6352 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 04:59 PM

For those who don't know about or have forgotten it (likely for self-preservation reasons).

Well, Art is Art, isn't it? Still, on the other hand, water is water. And east is east and west is west and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does. Now you tell me what you know.

Groucho Marx

#82 Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely

That was then, this is now.

• Citizen
  • 9289 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 05:19 PM

Thank your deity of choice. Thank him good and hard.

Edited by Chris McFeely, 24 January 2014 - 05:19 PM.

#83 Jenny

Jenny
  • Citizen
  • 23044 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 07:06 PM

I'm sad it's extremly unlikely we'll ever get a good Fantastic Four movie.

#84 Paladin

Paladin

Have Zord, Will Travel

• Citizen
  • 13088 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:23 PM

that synopsis is definitely not the synopsis or anything close to the synopsis. i don't know who put that out. byyee.

— Josh Trank (@josh_trank) January 24, 2014

Time once again for the public relations guessing game: Does the studio mean this or are they just trying to cool down the flaming negative reactions? 

Stuff for sale; every little bit helps. :) https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/143212-for-sale-3p-mp-potp-super-sentai-stuff TWITTER: Paladin4221

#85 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36627 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:43 PM

I'm sad it's extremly unlikely we'll ever get a good Fantastic Four movie.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#86 Echowarrior

Echowarrior

I write stuff...just not as much as I used to.

• Citizen
  • 10675 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:16 PM

I'm quietly convinced that Fox will spend so much time trying to get this movie ready that the rights will lapse to Marvel anyway.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be fine with them rebooting the films to be in continuity with the X-Men films, but if they're gonna do it, then they should, ya know, do it. Hire someone to write a script, get a director onboard, get competent actors in who reasonably resemble the characters (save the Thing, depending on story demands), have a character cameo in one of those two upcoming X-Men films, all that stuff.

William Rendfeld
That Echowarrior guy...
Author of "Transformers: Armada (Revisited)"- Allspark Fic of the Month for December 2005. Archive here.
"In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Credited to Thomas Jefferson.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Credited to Winston Churchill.

#87 Jenny

Jenny
  • Citizen
  • 23044 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:22 PM

Didn't Franklin Richards name appear in a database in X2 or something?

#88 Cat

Cat
  • Retired Staff
  • 11612 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 01:50 AM

Didn't Franklin Richards name appear in a database in X2 or something?

Yep.

And there was a Wolverine cameo of sorts cut from one of the FF movies. It involved Reed stretching his facial details and turning himself into Hugh Jackman as Wolvie. Just as a quick joke with Sue.

I think that everyone involved in this film in important roles, whether in front of or behind the camera, should be asked to read Jonathon Hickman's recent run on Fantastic Four, particularly during the writing process.

Read that, then Waid's, and some of the Lee/Kirby stuff (obviously the best from arcs from all 3), and we're bound to get something great.

Edited by Cat, 25 January 2014 - 01:58 AM.

#89 Scavgraphics

Scavgraphics

Sometimes bad ponies make the best good ponies!

• Supporter
  • 6393 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:36 AM

I thought the least faithful Fantastic Four media project would always be 'The Thing' cartoon from the 70's, the one where the kid has a magic ring that turns him into the Thing when he says 'Thing ring, do your thing'.

It was a transformed into a teenager Ben Grimm. I can't recall the details, but one episode has him regain his adult form.

And then he met Fred and Barney.

And there was a Wolverine cameo of sorts cut from one of the FF movies. It involved Reed stretching his facial details and turning himself into Hugh Jackman as Wolvie. Just as a quick joke with Sue.

It was more a special effects gag reel thing..it's on the DVD of the first film.

that synopsis is definitely not the synopsis or anything close to the synopsis. i don't know who put that out. byyee.

— Josh Trank (@josh_trank) January 24, 2014

Time once again for the public relations guessing game: Does the studio mean this or are they just trying to cool down the flaming negative reactions? 

Well, OP didn't quote the disclaimer in the Bleeding Cool article, and I'm not sure many of you went and read it there...

These things aren’t always 100% correct (granted, for the purposes of soliciting auditions from actors, they really don’t have to be),

#90 Cat

Cat
  • Retired Staff
  • 11612 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 08:51 AM

I thought the least faithful Fantastic Four media project would always be 'The Thing' cartoon from the 70's, the one where the kid has a magic ring that turns him into the Thing when he says 'Thing ring, do your thing'.

It was a transformed into a teenager Ben Grimm. I can't recall the details, but one episode has him regain his adult form.

It was more a special effects gag reel thing..it's on the DVD of the first film.

I don't know how to separate quotes with the new board set-up, so please excuse that.

I don't see how that's different to what I said? It's still the Thing, looks and sounds like him. You just went into a bit more detail, but I don't see how what I said was wrong?

And no, it was actually intended for the film. It's a part of a scripted scene. The effect was never properly finished because it was cut fairly early on, for whatever reason (it's an 11 second scene). Maybe it meant they'd have had to pay Hugh Jackman for the likeness? Or maybe they realised it was pointless. Who knows.

You can see it here, all 11 seconds of it.

#91 Scavgraphics

Scavgraphics

• Supporter
  • 6393 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 01:57 PM

I don't know how to separate quotes with the new board set-up, so please excuse that.

I don't see how that's different to what I said? It's still the Thing, looks and sounds like him. You just went into a bit more detail, but I don't see how what I said was wrong?

You weren't wrong...I expounded on what you said with additional info, that it wasn't a random kid.

And I'll bow to your memory of the purpose of the Wolverine bit.

#92 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nut

• Citizen
  • 29675 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 05:15 PM

The Wolverine bit was in the movie in its Extended Cut DVD release.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#93 Scavgraphics

Scavgraphics

• Supporter
  • 6393 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:37 AM

Well, the scene is there with him filling out his jaw and such, or do you mean the Wolverine image itself?

#94 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nut

• Citizen
  • 29675 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:23 PM

Well, the scene is there with him filling out his jaw and such, or do you mean the Wolverine image itself?

I mean the scene where he shapeshifts his face into Wolverine's is in the extended cut DVD version, whereas the theatrical version instead had him doing something else with his face that didn't have him turning it into Wolverine's.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#95 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

I like coffee!

• Staff
  • 39946 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 06:19 PM

That synopsis is hilarious. It is a joke, right?

B5ofTKU.jpg

#96 Daith

Daith

My Nyah brings all the girls to the yard

• Supporter
  • 9363 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 02:24 PM

For the curious, the previously said Wolverine morph.

Edited by Daith, 27 January 2014 - 02:26 PM.

Switch code: SW-6538-7795-1972

#97 Cat

Cat
  • Retired Staff
  • 11612 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:36 PM

For the curious, the previously said Wolverine morph.

Apparently there's been a new casting for this movie: my post earlier on this page will be playing the role of The Invisible Woman.

:p

#98 CORVUS

CORVUS

Alltogether OOKY.

• Supporter
  • 33168 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:44 PM

Daith can only see youtube vids HE embeds himself ;)

“I love a man with integrity - I wish I knew one.” - Gomez Addams

#99 unluckiness

unluckiness

4 U

• Citizen
  • 19995 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:56 PM

Still beats Jessica Alba.

xOyvpt9.png

#100 Daith

Daith

My Nyah brings all the girls to the yard

• Supporter
  • 9363 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:36 AM

Daith can only see youtube vids HE embeds himself ;)

I guess so if you cant see it. It's been a bit of a pain to get it to work right.since the switch to the new boards......

and just saw where Cat beat me to it :doh

Switch code: SW-6538-7795-1972