Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  -LittleAutob... : (29 May 2020 - 09:19 AM)

Yes, and its ongoing.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (29 May 2020 - 01:05 AM)

Cyberverse is already officially uploaded to YouTube.

@  fourteenwings : (29 May 2020 - 12:36 AM)

Spin Master is abridging current episodes of Bakugan Armored Alliance and posting the result on YouTube. Maybe Hasbro does that someday too.

@  -LittleAutob... : (28 May 2020 - 10:59 PM)

I see... :/

@  wonko the sane? : (28 May 2020 - 08:14 PM)

Within the US anyway. Those channels aren't easy or cheap to access in other countries, and their website often region lock content. Tubi is the only good thing on that list: largely identical (but not perfectly so. Damnit. I wanna watch COPS.) country to country and free.

@  Steevy Maximus : (28 May 2020 - 07:24 PM)

So yeah, Hasbro is using plenty of venues to spread exposure of their brands

@  Steevy Maximus : (28 May 2020 - 07:23 PM)

Starz currently licenses Transformers G1 and the GI Joe movie (as well as MLP specials). Netflix has more current series available.

@  Nevermore : (28 May 2020 - 07:21 PM)

Study shows: Holders of the title "world's oldest person" have a severely increased risk of dying.

@  Steevy Maximus : (28 May 2020 - 07:18 PM)

Tubi TV and Youtube both host various Hasbro cartoons. Both are freely accessed and ad supported. Any basic TV package (barring straight antenna) includes channels like USA Network, SyFy and FX, all of which regularly air the films from Transformers and GI Joe.

@  wonko the sane? : (28 May 2020 - 06:18 PM)

I dunno what to tell you, media might be changing slowly, but at least it's still accessible. Even the folks that DON'T get one of the streaming services can watch it on the company website. It's a vehicle for the toy line after all, they need to make an effort to make it as consumable as possible.

@  -LittleAutob... : (28 May 2020 - 05:41 PM)

Well. Thats said, then.... I guess... :doh

@  wonko the sane? : (28 May 2020 - 04:13 PM)

As long as the the cartoons are profitable, then they'll make more. The media it's shown on is completely irrelevant. I say that as a guy whose earliest surviving memory is a big red truck turning into a big red robot.

@  ZakuConvoy : (28 May 2020 - 03:06 PM)

Might be the end of an era. With the rise of streaming, who knows if Transformers will ever be on broadcast TV again.

@  -LittleAutob... : (28 May 2020 - 11:46 AM)

3 seasons on a show is usually enough... but yeah ;-;

@  Roddie Luver : (27 May 2020 - 09:37 PM)

I’m also sad Cyberverse has no season four.

@  Paladin : (26 May 2020 - 08:10 PM)

it's too hugging hot today.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 May 2020 - 03:39 PM)

I'll agree with you on that.

*Figured -_-

I fugured

@  Steevy Maximus : (25 May 2020 - 01:37 PM)

I'm actually sad Cyberverse won't get another season. 2 and 3 (of what I've seen) have REALLY nailed it in being fun little actions shows, like the Sunbow series.

@  Rycochet : (25 May 2020 - 01:00 PM)

Yes.

@  Maximus Ambus : (25 May 2020 - 12:52 PM)

I'm waiting for Animated season 4. Am I insane?

@  wonko the sane? : (25 May 2020 - 11:22 AM)

I'm waiting for the next season to show up on netflix.

@  Sabrblade : (25 May 2020 - 10:59 AM)

Many of us have already watched the rest of the Cyberverse episodes since the whole third season aired in the UK last September.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 May 2020 - 10:18 AM)

*9th

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 May 2020 - 10:17 AM)

I just saw the 8th episode... omg

@  Bass X0 : (25 May 2020 - 01:28 AM)

Already seen it online.

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 09:42 PM)

Who's excited for tomorrow? The only thing that makes Monday worth it is the Cyberverse episodes .-.

@  wonko the sane? : (24 May 2020 - 12:30 PM)

Welcome. I just came into that trick myself recently, so happy to share.

@  Nevermore : (24 May 2020 - 12:05 PM)

Thanks, wonko the sane? for the tip with the cloning. That helped a lot!

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 12:02 PM)

Heheh.... yes... I don't think a sniper would be very good at making a vaccine... 0.0

@  Nevermore : (24 May 2020 - 11:48 AM)

All right! Cloning my old HHD to an SSD and then swapping out the drive was successful, it would appear. Finally.

@  Bass X0 : (24 May 2020 - 11:30 AM)

Scientist Perceptor is. Sniper Perceptor less so.

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 10:51 AM)

Perceptor would be more responsible.

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 10:48 AM)

Oof x~x

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 May 2020 - 10:45 AM)

He'd cure the virus, but he'd probably commit at least two crimes against nature and weaponize a third in the process.

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 09:39 AM)

'Horrible consequences' would most likely happen with Brainstorm...

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 08:16 AM)

Totally. And Percy's not even human. XD

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 May 2020 - 06:50 AM)

Can't do much worse than our current government, I say go for it.

@  Sabrblade : (23 May 2020 - 10:13 PM)

Little do we realize that the Perceptor in question is the Mini-Con combiner. :p

@  -LittleAutob... : (23 May 2020 - 10:11 PM)

He would!!!

@  -LittleAutob... : (23 May 2020 - 10:11 PM)

Horrible consequences? I... Doubt that would happen.

@  wonko the sane? : (23 May 2020 - 09:55 PM)

Even if he would come up with the answer by tomorrow.

@  wonko the sane? : (23 May 2020 - 09:54 PM)

I'd rather not deal with the horrible but unintended consequences of that.

@  -LittleAutob... : (23 May 2020 - 09:52 PM)

Lets let Perceptor make a vaccine for COVID-19. Who agrees with me :)

@  -LittleAutob... : (23 May 2020 - 08:43 PM)

I'll take your word for it. =D

@  TM2-Megatron : (23 May 2020 - 08:42 PM)

Although the TV edits of Robocop do contain some hilarity

@  TM2-Megatron : (23 May 2020 - 08:41 PM)

I can't think of any instance where sanitizing a film is a good thing.

@  -LittleAutob... : (23 May 2020 - 06:42 PM)

.... and thats a good thing? :doh

@  Steevy Maximus : (23 May 2020 - 06:39 PM)

I'm watching Predator on Starz! That means it has all the language and gore uncensored!

Photo

Fantastic Four movie reboot

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
789 replies to this topic

#61 Cheetimus Primal

Cheetimus Primal

Posted 23 January 2014 - 11:15 PM

SURPRISE! Fox is making a quick and dirty Super hero movie, releasing it two weeks before Avengers 2 to ride the wave of enthusiasm and probably selling it back to Marvel after that since they have NO IDEA what to do with this thing.

#62 MrBlud

MrBlud

Goes down smooth...

• Retired Staff
  • 52468 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 11:18 PM

Getting The Fantastic Four (and more importantly Doom and Galactus) back to Marvel would be about the only thing that would make that wretched synopsis palatable.

card-strongarm.jpg

#63 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36706 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 11:38 PM

I don't know why they wanted to keep the license. Neither of their Previous FF movies did really well. Fantastic Four is really one of the worst properties to try and adapt, because they're not like the X-Men or Avengers, they tend to be less super-heroes and more 'explorers of the fantastic' that sometimes get side tracked by super-villains. FF tends to have a lot more "down time" due to that and being a family of heroes, then other properties and that's not easy to get across in a movie. Yes, 'The Incredibles' did it and they really are just a re-imagined fantastic four, but I don't think the same could fly for a live action movie just because people seem to have different expectations with them. I'm sure Marvel Studios could make them work, because they've yet to really fail at it. It'd work better as a TV series really, where you have much more time and room to really explore their dynamics and build up to their more epic moments, spacing things out with Reed's explorations and such.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#64 Undead Scottsman

Undead Scottsman

THANOSCOPTER

• Citizen
  • 10513 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:21 AM

I don't know why they wanted to keep the license. Neither of their Previous FF movies did really well. Fantastic Four is really one of the worst properties to try and adapt, because they're not like the X-Men or Avengers, they tend to be less super-heroes and more 'explorers of the fantastic' that sometimes get side tracked by super-villains. FF tends to have a lot more "down time" due to that and being a family of heroes, then other properties and that's not easy to get across in a movie. Yes, 'The Incredibles' did it and they really are just a re-imagined fantastic four, but I don't think the same could fly for a live action movie just because people seem to have different expectations with them. I'm sure Marvel Studios could make them work, because they've yet to really fail at it. It'd work better as a TV series really, where you have much more time and room to really explore their dynamics and build up to their more epic moments, spacing things out with Reed's explorations and such.

Three reasons, really.

1. The original FF movies didn't actually do that bad.

Fantastic Four

Budget: $100 million

Domestic: $154.7 million

Foreign: $175.9 million

Fantastic Four: Rise of the SIlver Surfer

Budget: $130 million

Domestic: $131.9 million

Foreign: $157.1 million

This was in a pre-Dark Knight, pre-Iron Man era too.  They weren't runaway successes, but they weren't amazing flops either.  They're sitting happily at mediocre.

2. Times have changed.  This is a post-Avengers world. 

-Super-hero movies are more popular than ever. (Even a divisive movie like Man of Steel made out pretty well for itself.)

-Team movies are potential money

-Shared Universes are potential money (FF + X-men)

3. Fantastic Four is worth more to Marvel (due to potential enrichment of the MCU) than it is to Fox, so letting the rights just expire and go back to Marvel for free is leaving money on the table.  More profitable to crap out an average movie every 7 years and rake in the mediocre profit on that while waiting for Marvel (or rather, Disney) to finally fork over the ridiculous amount of money Fox would sell it back to them for.  Disney, being a very "frugal" company, to put it politely, probably isn't going to pay anytime soon because even with just their Marvel Studio, they have a super full plate. (I think Kevin Fiege said they have 6-7 movies they want to do in Phase 3, and only room for 4-5.)

MSzBav1.jpg

#65 Zillatron

Zillatron

Lord of the Energon Harvest

• Citizen
  • 6366 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 07:08 AM

While Reed "becoming" a scientific genius may be stretching things a bit (no pun intended), it's not without precedent in the comics. It's been stated several times that Reed's super-intelligence is, in part, an effect of his stretching powers in that he can "stretch" his brain.

Well, Art is Art, isn't it? Still, on the other hand, water is water. And east is east and west is west and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does. Now you tell me what you know.

Groucho Marx

#66 Paladin

Paladin

Have Zord, Will Travel

• Citizen
  • 13229 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:10 AM

would FOX really let Fantastic Four go? All they've got left aside from that is X-Men (i think) and that's not holding up too well either...

Stuff for sale; every little bit helps. :) https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/143212-for-sale-3p-mp-potp-super-sentai-stuff TWITTER: Paladin4221

#67 Cat

Cat
  • Retired Staff
  • 11612 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:37 AM

Why are they so intent on taking Roger Corman's title of 'Worst Fantastic Four Movie Ever'?

#68 Eneon

Eneon
  • Citizen
  • 6166 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:58 AM

I really hope Marvel gets the rights back at some point.

A shared Marvel Universe where the FF and X-men, and their supporting casts, don't exist seems weird to me.

And I think I'm fine with race swaps in most cases(Thor would be odd) as long as they're not just made to fit Hollywood stereotypes.

#69 Cat

Cat
  • Retired Staff
  • 11612 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 11:03 AM

Times have changed.  This is a post-Avengers world. 

I love how you can just read this bit on its own, and it sounds like the Avengers really exist.

#70 PiratedTVPro

PiratedTVPro

Quoth Akitsu, "NEVERMORE!"

• Retired Staff
  • 14626 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 11:15 AM

I honestly just want them to translate the first two arcs of Ultimate Fantastic Four.

Yep.

#71 Cheetimus Primal

Cheetimus Primal

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:38 PM

I'd be more than ok with not having an origin story.

#72 Detour

Detour

Too lazy to change the avatar but Graham Linehan is a sack of sh

• Supporter
  • 20703 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:43 PM

They should do the origin story in "news bytes" format and just kick off the story after that.

You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

I'm reading that with Roy's voice. Heck, I read everything you post in a laconic Irish accent.

#73 Cheetimus Primal

Cheetimus Primal

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:49 PM

No, that's half assed story telling.

#74 Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely

That was then, this is now.

• Citizen
  • 9298 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:58 PM

Everything about that synopsis makes me want to cry. It sounds like the most outright unfaithful, unrelated, ground-up-rebuild, complete-discarding-of-everything-that-works take on ANY superhero movie in the last decade and a half. I am filled with genuine dread.

#75 Undead Scottsman

Undead Scottsman

THANOSCOPTER

• Citizen
  • 10513 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:34 PM

Really? I thought it was done exceptionally well in The Incredible Hulk. I'd honestly want to see that a lot more than "retold origin story #77."

MSzBav1.jpg

#76 Cheetimus Primal

Cheetimus Primal

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:51 PM

We see it all the time. It's a hack move. Use clever dialogue and nifty flashbacks. News bytes are no better than an opening scroll in the beginning. No, Star Wars isn't sacrosanct :p

#77 Cat

Cat
  • Retired Staff
  • 11612 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:07 PM

I thought the least faithful Fantastic Four media project would always be 'The Thing' cartoon from the 70's, the one where the kid has a magic ring that turns him into the Thing when he says 'Thing ring, do your thing'.

Kudos to Fox for taking over that top spot.

Edited by Cat, 24 January 2014 - 03:09 PM.

#78 Detour

Detour

Too lazy to change the avatar but Graham Linehan is a sack of sh

• Supporter
  • 20703 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:28 PM

Not if you use it to the film's advantage.

One of the things that set the Fantastic Four apart back in the day was that they didn't have secret identities. They were very public figures. Celebrities, even.

Using a "news bytes recap" format not only helps you catch up with the story, it also helps establish their media presence.

You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

I'm reading that with Roy's voice. Heck, I read everything you post in a laconic Irish accent.

#79 PiratedTVPro

PiratedTVPro

Quoth Akitsu, "NEVERMORE!"

• Retired Staff
  • 14626 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:29 PM

that synopsis is definitely not the synopsis or anything close to the synopsis. i don't know who put that out. byyee.

— Josh Trank (@josh_trank) January 24, 2014

Yep.

#80 Eneon

Eneon
  • Citizen
  • 6166 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:41 PM

I thought the least faithful Fantastic Four media project would always be 'The Thing' cartoon from the 70's, the one where the kid has a magic ring that turns him into the Thing when he says 'Thing ring, do your thing'.

Kudos to Fox for taking over that top spot.

Oh wow, I almost forgot about that.

That actually was the definitive version of The Thing for me for a number of years.

Don't even really remember watching that show, but I must have seen re-runs of it on Cartoon Network or something.

Edited by Silent_Magnus, 24 January 2014 - 03:41 PM.