Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Nevermore : (12 December 2019 - 07:45 PM)

Morten Harket of A-ha might have aged 35 years on the outside, but his voice is still pretty much the same as it was in 1984. That's some great training and exercise for you.

@  wonko the sane? : (12 December 2019 - 06:59 PM)

Depends entirely on how badly you cooked them. What?

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 December 2019 - 05:33 PM)

Can it raise the dead?

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:33 PM)

Cheddar can do just about anything.

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:32 PM)

Cream cheese has to be on a bagel or crackers.

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:31 PM)

(for example: I like Swiss cheese on sandwiches, but find it merely tolerable by itself)

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:30 PM)

I mean are you eating it by itself? With crackers? On a sandwich?

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 December 2019 - 04:48 PM)

I would ask, but I'd rather not know.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (12 December 2019 - 03:38 PM)

With my mouth, usually.

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 08:48 AM)

Depends on how you're eating it.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (12 December 2019 - 01:40 AM)

Havarti, without a doubt.

@  Greebtron : (12 December 2019 - 01:28 AM)

Not Don, thanks. I'd like a writer who actually cares enough to do the job properly

@  Benbot : (11 December 2019 - 09:34 PM)

What's your favorite cheese? I'm not sure, but it's hard to beat muenster.

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 December 2019 - 05:10 PM)

Man I wish IDW could do a season 2.5 with a few writers like Michael Charles Hill or Donald F Glut or Paul Davids involved.

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 December 2019 - 04:33 PM)

They were looking for Skids, but the animators forgot he existed again.

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 December 2019 - 02:58 PM)

He regrouped with Omega Supreme, the Dinobots, Skyfire and the Protectobots.

@  Benbot : (11 December 2019 - 08:20 AM)

Did he get infected with the rest of the Autobots or did he smartly remain off-planet?

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 December 2019 - 05:38 AM)

He really just went to the beach for a couple of days, then called it in. Who's gonna follow up on it?

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 December 2019 - 05:05 AM)

Anyone really believe Cosmos searched far enough for more ingredient for Corrostop?

@  Nevermore : (11 December 2019 - 03:48 AM)

Oh, we are pretty good at "forgetting" about that. Insisting on sending people home on their overtime, THEN suddenly rushing to do the "backlog" stuff when it's really overdue.

@  wonko the sane? : (10 December 2019 - 05:43 PM)

I've yet to find an organization which didn't have a backlog of "stuff" that needs to be done, but isn't important enough to put on the schedule proper.

@  TM2-Megatron : (10 December 2019 - 05:01 PM)

I'm sure most good/bad (depending on your POV) bosses would be able to find something for the worker to do, in most cases, even if it's spending 8 hours pretending to push a broom around

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (10 December 2019 - 04:39 PM)

Still better than American jobs. x.x;

@  NotVeryKnightly : (10 December 2019 - 11:10 AM)

I'm pretty sure you've already mentioned this before. Especially that last one.

@  Nevermore : (10 December 2019 - 11:05 AM)

That can be fun if you're strong-willed enough. "Hey, you want to go home? Overtime reduction, there's nothing to do..." - "Nah, not today. I want to work."

@  Nevermore : (10 December 2019 - 11:04 AM)

This applies to the field of work as well. Meaning, your boss orders you to show up for a full shift, you show up on time and are absolutely willing to work, and then your boss realizes he has no work for you, your boss has to pay you for a full shift even if you don't work at all.

@  Nevermore : (10 December 2019 - 11:03 AM)

Fun fact: German law has a concept named "default in acceptance", which postulates that if there is a "service for payment" contract, the party that should provide the service correctly offers their due service, and the party that should pay fails to accept the service within due time, the second party still has to pay the first party even if there was no service delivered.

@  wonko the sane? : (08 December 2019 - 10:54 PM)

If it's seasonal affective disorder, check with your doc about vitamin D supplements.

@  Maximus Ambus : (08 December 2019 - 12:46 PM)

That's what I was thinking too, It's the christmas rush and if that's not stressful enough the cold weather can also impact mental health.

@  wonko the sane? : (08 December 2019 - 12:41 PM)

Might be a stupid question given the comment, BUT: have you done anything outside the ordinary lately? Might just be a stress reaction.

@  Maximus Ambus : (08 December 2019 - 12:29 PM)

I've experienced sleep paralysis with ghostly images and similar things in the past and can snap out of it through moving my fingers. I've definitely hallucinated before and members of both sides of the family have had similar experience, some suffered forms of mental instability in two cases schizophrenia.

@  wonko the sane? : (08 December 2019 - 10:47 AM)

So... either a hallucination or night terrors. Are you prone to this kind of thing?

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 December 2019 - 11:55 PM)

It kept repeating until I sat up.

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 December 2019 - 11:54 PM)

I've been up since three and when sheepish I was hallucinating something knocking twice against my bedroom door.

@  TheMightyMol... : (07 December 2019 - 06:58 PM)

Then repaint Apeface and Snapdragon as Transmetal Optimus Primal and Megatron. It's crazy enough to work.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (07 December 2019 - 05:32 PM)

Moral imperative.

@  Nevermore : (07 December 2019 - 05:13 PM)

Wishful thinking, rumor or leak?

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 December 2019 - 04:48 PM)

Snapdragon for Earthrise.

@  TM2-Megatron : (04 December 2019 - 10:22 PM)

Still not the weirdest thing a Nic Cage character has done in a film

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 December 2019 - 04:00 PM)

Couldn't be worse than him pissing fire as Ghost Rider.

@  Rycochet : (04 December 2019 - 03:38 PM)

The Tim Burton Superman Movie is the DC movie we deserve. It would have Nic Cage in a technosuit punching polarbears.

@  Paladin : (04 December 2019 - 02:59 PM)

Wonder Woman was great. Shazam was amazing. Aquaman... exists.

@  RichardT1977 : (04 December 2019 - 01:54 PM)

TBF, Aquaman and Shazam! were pretty good.

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 December 2019 - 01:00 PM)

Not a difficult feat.

@  Benbot : (04 December 2019 - 11:50 AM)

You just put more effort into telling a compelling story than all of WB's execs.

@  Cybersnark : (04 December 2019 - 11:41 AM)

Cue the flashback to Jonathan, reassuring a terrified child: "What you are is never as important as who you are." Cue Superman's response to Brainiac: "I already know who I am."*John Williams fanfare plays*

@  Cybersnark : (04 December 2019 - 11:38 AM)

I don't think we even really need to see Krypton. I'd start with Clark growing up in Kansas, thinking he's normal, and follow him through the development of his powers. There've been enough alternate takes on Krypton that it could actually work as a mystery; is this the pre-Crisis utopia, the sterile science world, or the relic of a fallen empire? Brainiac was there, and he tempts Clark with the knowledge of what he really is.

@  Otaku : (04 December 2019 - 11:12 AM)

First, a Krypton film, ending with baby Kal-El being found on Earth.  Then Supe's early career film, establishing his values... and if Jonothan Kent needs to die, it happens because of something like a heart attack while Clark is savnig folks on the other side of the world.  After we know Clark minimizes property damage and never kills, have Zod & Company show up and force him to make tough choices.

@  Otaku : (04 December 2019 - 11:07 AM)

Man of Steel seems like someone came up with a Superman trilogy and then the execs said "We've got to catch up to Marvel, make it one film!".  I don't mean that based on the film's actual pacing, but because various story beats make more sense to me if they weren't all squished together.

@  Cybersnark : (03 December 2019 - 07:44 PM)

I've been wanting to write a Superman movie trilogy for years; "Man of Steel" (featuring a Terminator-like Brainiac) was going to be first, with "Last Son of Krypton" (featuring the Eradicator) as the sequel and "Man of Tomorrow" (in which Luthor makes his face-heel turn) as the conclusion. Thanks to Snyder I have to re-arrange my titles.

Photo

Fantastic Four movie reboot

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
789 replies to this topic

#41 Automan2000

Automan2000

Liberati tutumet ex infernis

• Supporter
  • 4474 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:40 AM

The problem with the first two FF movies is that the writers couldn't seem to figured out how to create action scenes where they use their powers as a team. That and just not coming up with a decent story.

The first was mostly just boring. So much of the movie was wasted on just farting around and goofing off. Couple that with no clear motive or plan from Doom and you just got a waste of time.

The second was flat-out insulting. When I heard that it was going to have the Silver Surfer I was really excited. I imagined massive battles as the FF fought against all odds against the wielder of the Power Cosmic. The Surfer is one of the most powerful beings in the universe and he gets punked by some goofy techy-thing and get sidelined for the rest of the movie. If that wasn't enough of a kick in the balls they turn around and have Johnny go all Super Skrull because the writers STILL can't figure out how to create a good action scene with them working as a team. This was seriously one of the few movies that actually made me angry.

I will also echo the sentiment that Jessica Alba was a terrible choice for Sue Storm. Personally, I would like to see Maria Bello in the part.

I don't think and all-black FF would be a very good idea. Mainly because I think that they would end up sidetracking the whole thing by doing everything they could to call attention to them being black. If they could pull it off by having the black actors but not making it out like the movie is spending it's entire running time holding up a neon sign reading "LOOK BLACK PEOPLE" then it could work. I just don't have that kind of faith in Hollywood.

#42 CORVUS

CORVUS

Everyone has secrets.

• Supporter
  • 32920 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:11 AM

QUOTE(Automan2000 @ May 3 2013, 02:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I will also echo the sentiment that Jessica Alba was a terrible choice for Sue Storm. Personally, I would like to see Maria Bello in the part.

Indeed. Hell, in addition to her weak acting, she looked like a damn mannequin in the 2nd film.
“She went around with the attitude that she would rather be beaten to death than take any shit.” - Stieg Larsson

#43 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 46587 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:58 AM

QUOTE(Automan2000 @ May 3 2013, 01:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If that wasn't enough of a kick in the balls they turn around and have Johnny go all Super Skrull because the writers STILL can't figure out how to create a good action scene with them working as a team.

More then that - it meant in both films, Johnny is ultimately the one who takes down Doom. I mean, I know the guy went on to be Captain America but sheesh.

#44 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36509 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:04 AM

QUOTE(Rust @ May 3 2013, 09:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Automan2000 @ May 3 2013, 01:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If that wasn't enough of a kick in the balls they turn around and have Johnny go all Super Skrull because the writers STILL can't figure out how to create a good action scene with them working as a team.

More then that - it meant in both films, Johnny is ultimately the one who takes down Doom. I mean, I know the guy went on to be Captain America but sheesh.

If there had been a third movie, I'd have wanted to see Doom target him before everyone else.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#45 Telly

Telly

Like a tiny sandwich...

• Retired Staff
  • 8247 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:22 PM

QUOTE(Automan2000 @ May 3 2013, 02:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If that wasn't enough of a kick in the balls they turn around and have Johnny go all Super Skrull because the writers STILL can't figure out how to create a good action scene with them working as a team. This was seriously one of the few movies that actually made me angry.

this bugged the hell out of me. how the hell did johnny get so adept at using four different powers with no practice time?? gah!

and ive a question: did the surfers voice change? sounds like two different ones, one when he has his powers, and a different voice when he didnt have them

QUOTE(CORVUS @ May 2 2013, 09:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Okay folks, we all want to hear your ideas for how the new FF film could be monumentally screwed up to the point of hilarity. And go! icon-fire.gif

dooms doing it all over a $10 parking ticket he found after reed borrowed his car. probly not all that funny, but not much worse than what we actually got
When I die I will surely go to Heaven for i spent my life in Hell

#46 Jenny

Jenny
  • Citizen
  • 22965 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:26 PM

I hope the FF rights eventually get back to Marvel, so I can have awesome scenes with guys like Doom and the Skrulls and Galactus.

staring dog stares

doggie_zpsafvtedef.png

#47 chiasaur11

chiasaur11
  • Citizen
  • 3052 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:57 AM

Well, can't say I'm disappointed if this happens.

Seen Jordan play superhero before in Chronicle. He played Steve Montgomery in that one, and he was the coolest and most likable person in the whole movie. Think he could do Johnny pretty good.

It's a role where you need some serious charisma, and he proved there he can deliver on an Evans level. Matters more than the melanin levels in someone's skin for the role, and the pool's more limited.

All three previous FF movies were turd sammiches anyway, so it's not like they'd be ruining unsullied territory. (Saying this as a big time fan of the World's Greatest Comic Magazine, too. Loved the Four before I'd even heard of Superman.)

#48 Cat

Cat
  • Retired Staff
  • 11612 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:49 AM

If anyone's getting a skin change, I'd like it to be Reed.

Goes against Hollywood stereotype of the black guy getting a flashy ability and being the cool character.

Gives kids an intelligent fictional role model to look up to. Doesn't get much smarter than Reed. (And who knows what'll happen with Black Panther, and if anyone'll care).

It doesn't really matter what colour Ben is, because that's not important. But I'd like the black guy to be seen, and be prominent (unlike say, Darwin from both First Class, where of course the black dude died first, and the comics where he looks white). And angry strong black guy is rather tropey.

Plus, this way, the black guys in charge, because he's smartest not strongest, he's not gonna die or turn evil, he doesn't have a criminal past, and we get a prominent interracial couple. (All that stuff fits various prominent black heroes Marvel derailed).

Only downside would be bitchy fanboys calling him 'Mr Blacktastic'.

Edited by Cat, 04 May 2013 - 10:51 AM.

#49 Automan2000

Automan2000

Liberati tutumet ex infernis

• Supporter
  • 4474 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:59 AM

As far as the Thing goes they really need to do it CGI. The rubber looking Thing-suit was just awful. I get that Chiklis wanted to be on camera but if you looking for a face-role you don't take the role of a superhuman thing made of orange rock.

#50 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36509 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:11 PM

QUOTE(Automan2000 @ May 4 2013, 10:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As far as the Thing goes they really need to do it CGI. The rubber looking Thing-suit was just awful.

No, they really don't. A good suit can work, if they actually make it a good suit. Look at Iron Man, they have regular practical suits along with CGI suits. It also helps make him feel more real. CGI works fine for the Hulk, because the hulk isn't always "on" and he's more of a monster, and CGI helps with that. But The Thing? He's always on, and despite being a rock creature, is still very human. I feel that because of that he needs to be more real, more physical then Hulk.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#51 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 22983 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:40 PM

I dunno, I mean, CGI can get pretty good. And Iron Man having actual suits made sense anyway, considering he was quite literally, a man in a suit.

#52 NICK NEMESIS

NICK NEMESIS

Www.scatterville.com

• Supporter
  • 17086 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:41 PM

QUOTE(Cat @ May 4 2013, 10:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If anyone's getting a skin change, I'd like it to be Reed.

Goes against Hollywood stereotype of the black guy getting a flashy ability and being the cool character.

Gives kids an intelligent fictional role model to look up to. Doesn't get much smarter than Reed. (And who knows what'll happen with Black Panther, and if anyone'll care).

It doesn't really matter what colour Ben is, because that's not important. But I'd like the black guy to be seen, and be prominent (unlike say, Darwin from both First Class, where of course the black dude died first, and the comics where he looks white). And angry strong black guy is rather tropey.

Plus, this way, the black guys in charge, because he's smartest not strongest, he's not gonna die or turn evil, he doesn't have a criminal past, and we get a prominent interracial couple. (All that stuff fits various prominent black heroes Marvel derailed).

Only downside would be bitchy fanboys calling him 'Mr Blacktastic'.

This idea is incredible. More please.
Http://www.scatterville.com

#53 Detour

Detour

Too lazy to change the avatar but Graham Linehan is a sack of sh

• Supporter
  • 20674 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 04:59 AM

...so has there been any update to this?

I'm especially worried about the director trying to cast a black actor as Johnny and a white actress as Sue. I'm fine with an ethnicity change but let's at least keep it consistent within the family here.

I like Cat's idea of making Reed black.

You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

I'm reading that with Roy's voice. Heck, I read everything you post in a laconic Irish accent.

#54 Undead Scottsman

Undead Scottsman

THANOSCOPTER

• Citizen
  • 10399 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 06:16 AM

It's supposed to start shooting in September and they changed the shooting location to Louisana.

It sounds like Michael B. Jordan will be starring in that Rocky spinoff, so that may conflict with him being in Fantastic Four.

MSzBav1.jpg

#55 CORVUS

CORVUS

Everyone has secrets.

• Supporter
  • 32920 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:57 AM

QUOTE(Detour @ Jul 28 2013, 05:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I like Cat's idea of making Reed black.

I'd be totally down with that.
“She went around with the attitude that she would rather be beaten to death than take any shit.” - Stieg Larsson

#56 Pale Rider

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.

• Citizen
  • 8712 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 12:26 PM

Cast Denzel as Reed and Naomi Watts as Sue, ramp up the romance then watch the southern states collectively implode.

#57 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 46587 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 04:17 PM

Denzel as Reed...

My mind suddenly went "OH...MY...GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWD."

It fits.
It bloody fits.

#58 Detour

Detour

Too lazy to change the avatar but Graham Linehan is a sack of sh

• Supporter
  • 20674 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:15 PM

Oh god no.

You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

I'm reading that with Roy's voice. Heck, I read everything you post in a laconic Irish accent.

#59 Confuzor

Confuzor

They put em in Smash Bros!!!!

• Supporter
  • 8040 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:27 PM

Reed "becomes" a scientific genius? Uh...no?

#60 CORVUS

CORVUS

Everyone has secrets.

• Supporter
  • 32920 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 11:09 PM

*headdesk*