Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  unluckiness : (16 June 2019 - 01:20 AM)

And for hug's sake, I hope that the new Fire Emblem's PC isn't one of the DLC

@  Sean Whitmore : (15 June 2019 - 04:11 PM)

Smash Bros could never touch a new franchise again, and I'd still have laundry lists of side characters and villains I'd love to see included.

@  unluckiness : (15 June 2019 - 09:36 AM)

DINNER

@  SG Roadbuster : (15 June 2019 - 09:36 AM)

cuz i wanna fight a boat

@  SG Roadbuster : (15 June 2019 - 09:35 AM)

if we must have another zelda character, id want the king of red lion

@  MEDdMI : (14 June 2019 - 10:38 PM)

I would unironically love Tingle in Smash.

@  Paladin : (14 June 2019 - 02:06 PM)

they HAVE to put Travis Touchdown in at some point now, right???

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 June 2019 - 01:24 PM)

Right after Shaq.

@  Locoman : (14 June 2019 - 12:36 PM)

When will we get Bluster Kong in Smash?

@  unluckiness : (14 June 2019 - 08:20 AM)

The last three DLC characters are Tingle, Charles Barkley and L Tetris block with Reverse L Tetris block as an Echo fighter.

@  MEDdMI : (14 June 2019 - 08:09 AM)

Pipe dream Smash entry: The Prince from the Katamari series. :D

@  MEDdMI : (14 June 2019 - 06:35 AM)

The space/time around them gets frozen too! ....or something.

@  unluckiness : (14 June 2019 - 06:01 AM)

I still want to find out how freezing people suspends them in midair

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (14 June 2019 - 02:45 AM)

We really need Subzero or Scorpion in Smash. Violence aside, they are pretty big gaming icons as well.

@  Steevy Maximus : (13 June 2019 - 08:18 PM)

Given Nintendo's relationship with Tecmo, I'm still waiting for Ryu Hyabusa

@  TheMightyMol... : (13 June 2019 - 07:19 PM)

I'm still waiting for Doomguy.

@  Steevy Maximus : (13 June 2019 - 06:47 PM)

I just started watching High School DxD (don't judge me...) and I caught on the Nintendo Treehouse some request Rias for Smash lol

@  ▲ndrusi : (13 June 2019 - 11:25 AM)

I have having to watch a video to find out why someone wanted me to watch the video

@  Nevermore : (11 June 2019 - 04:58 PM)

I remember when the TPB for The Dark Age 2 was delayed for an entire year...

@  Trpodeca : (11 June 2019 - 03:55 AM)

I just wish they'd release the Astro City paperback trades.

@  Nevermore : (10 June 2019 - 05:31 AM)

As an open-minded heterosexual, I wouldn't mind seeing more of that.

@  Nevermore : (10 June 2019 - 05:29 AM)

Currently in the process of re-reading Kurt Busiek's Astro City. Big props for the issue featuring the "Dancing Master" and its portrayal of non-stereotypical gay characters.

@  TM2-Megatron : (10 June 2019 - 05:25 AM)

Don't phone charges often contain special rapid charge circuitry, though? The voltage might be higher too, given the selfie stick probably has a very basic battery.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (09 June 2019 - 11:28 PM)

Glad to be of assistance!

@  Telly : (09 June 2019 - 10:32 PM)

*checks selfie stick and phone charger* huh. perfect fit. thanks!

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (09 June 2019 - 09:58 PM)

I would use the USB-to-AC adapter that came with my iPhone, though I gather you must have a different brand of cell phone.

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 05:42 PM)

In that case a generic adapter is probably your best bet, then. Keep in mind a lot of hotels now have plain USB outlets in rooms too, though; but I guess that's not guaranteed

@  Telly : (09 June 2019 - 05:31 PM)

yeah, i just need something small to plug into the wall. im not sure im taking my laptop on my trip later this year and i want a way to charge my stuff

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 05:04 PM)

They also have wall outlets with built-in USB in addition to the two regular plugs; I installed those around my place so I have USB ports everywhere

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 05:02 PM)

You might be able to get a generic adapter to use with it at Radio Shack if you know the appropriate voltages or whatever

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 05:01 PM)

It came with a USB cable with no AC adapter? A lot of lower priced electronics do that, presumably assuming that USB is pretty ubiquitous

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 05:00 PM)

Yeah, must be, I guess.

@  Telly : (09 June 2019 - 04:59 PM)

maybe having bluetooth has something to do with it?

@  Telly : (09 June 2019 - 04:58 PM)

the one i got has an on/off button, and came with a usb to attach to my laptop to charge it. its this one https://www.walmart....ility/432985497

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 04:51 PM)

Selfie sticks have power? I thought they were to just hold the phone away from you

@  Telly : (09 June 2019 - 04:44 PM)

need some technical help.how do i charge my selfie stick without using my laptop? is there some kind of portable charger? i know it sounds like a dumb question, but i dont know very much about this stuff

@  MEDdMI : (08 June 2019 - 06:58 PM)

Different songs or overdosing don't work for me. My brain can play multiple songs at once. Best to do something else to distract me.

@  Xellos : (08 June 2019 - 05:36 PM)

Still, the worst is having the last song I hear before going into work being stuck in my head all day.

@  TheMightyMol... : (08 June 2019 - 05:00 PM)

Get a different song stuck in your head too. Let them battle for supremacy. Only the strong survive.

@  Nevermore : (08 June 2019 - 03:53 PM)

Keep listening to it over and over until you got the lyrics memorized. By that point, it will start to fade out of your system.

@  Nevermore : (08 June 2019 - 02:48 PM)

I've discovered the easiest cure for having a song stuck in your head is overdosing to the point of fatigue.

@  Steevy Maximus : (08 June 2019 - 12:27 PM)

Jedi Fallen Order sure does look a LOT like a Souls style game with Star Wars flavoring

@  Kalidor : (07 June 2019 - 06:18 PM)

I have a hard time believing that you speaking at length and with great detail is something you wouldn't be good at. Glad you had fun.

@  Nevermore : (07 June 2019 - 02:51 PM)

Funny thing is I wasn't nervous at all. Might have helped that I was able to speak freely due to having assembled my speech from a lot of smaller segments I had previously told to my colleagues on the shopfloor, with a few punchlines added.

@  Nevermore : (07 June 2019 - 02:49 PM)

Allegedly I did well. Lots of applause, and was told I was leagues beyond the guy who spoke before me (though that wasn't difficult, that guy was dry as a river on Mars).

@  Nevermore : (07 June 2019 - 02:48 PM)

So I volunteered to hold a small speech at our strike assembly today (lots of Amazon employees, plus some people from IKEA, Smyths toys and some other local retailers).

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 June 2019 - 01:17 PM)

Today Dolly the Sheep and Super Salmon, tomorrow Neo Sapiens. We're through the looking glass people.

@  Kalidor : (07 June 2019 - 12:55 PM)

Happy birthday @Pinkcolliebot

@  Pinkcolliebot : (07 June 2019 - 12:03 PM)

Today's My Birthday!!!

@  TheMightyMol... : (07 June 2019 - 03:16 AM)

Think how many copies of Optimus Prime's brain could fit on that.

Photo

walruslaw's Media Collection

117 replies to this topic

#61 Ya Kid K MK VII

Ya Kid K MK VII

Mic check onetwo onetwo

• Supporter
  • 4133 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 04 March 2015 - 11:54 AM

I love this thread. It's so cool to see Rockman666 online again. I got my copy of that awful dub of SDF Macross from you back in 1998 or so. I still have it!

I have a question for Walruslaw, Rockman666, or anyone really - 

My "Takara Collection" won't play in my player, and MF and Victory don't have the English language tracks anyway. 

I do have a set of Headmasters "VCDs" someone made that are all with the StarTV English dub. 

Does anyone still have VCD copies (or DVD versions) of Masterforce and Victory with the English dub? I'd be interested in purchasing either an old unwanted set or paying for someone to burn me a new set. I don't know of any official releases with the English dubs that will play on my DVD player or BR player. 

I would also be fine with access to downloadable dubs for those two series, but I haven't been able to find any through torrents. 

Edited by Robowang, 04 March 2015 - 11:56 AM.

#62 walruslaw

walruslaw

Visual Archivist

• Supporter
  • 247 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 07:02 AM

I'd need to check my storage but i think i have vcd of both masterforce and victory with the dub. If i remember correctly the episodes where recorded from the tv in the 90's and as a result the quality is awful. I'll check and see if any of my usual download sites have better quality rips if not i'll see what i can do.

#63 Ya Kid K MK VII

Ya Kid K MK VII

Mic check onetwo onetwo

• Supporter
  • 4133 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 07:53 PM

Thanks man! I really appreciate it. 

The quality on these Headmasters VCDs looks like they could be ripped from TV too, but they're watchable. It's the SOUND that's bad. It just sounds like it's blaring the entire time, and the sharp Japanese sound effects don't do well with that. 

Though I will take whatever you can find, my friend. My son is a big G1 fan but he's out of episodes to watch. He started asking about my figures and I had to tell him about the other shows. "The have weird voices, but it's the guys you like!" He was super excited for Headmasters and now he wants "a Pretender show."

Edited by Robowang, 06 March 2015 - 08:02 PM.

#64 Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Citizen
  • 995 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 09 March 2015 - 06:36 PM

As a fellow TF media collector I decided to take this pic just for you... Reading through your post I didn't see if you had this covered. There are (at least) three different Kid Rhino TFTM VHS released in the US. I say at least because I don't actively search out these things so much and I have three.

20150308_180014_zps9ma9tiw0.jpg

Edited by Tripredacus, 09 March 2015 - 06:36 PM.

jBU1ixT.jpg

#65 walruslaw

walruslaw

Visual Archivist

• Supporter
  • 247 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 05:40 AM

Nice i always suspected there was a card box version of the rhino version of the movie due to American VHS tapes mainly coming that way but i had never seen one. I wonder if there is any difference between the clamshell special collectors addition and the non special version. I remember also having that VCD of Beast Wars at some point. If i remember correctly it has both English and Chinese audio but unlike DVD to change the audio you had to unplug a speaker or on a pc slide the audio to the left only for say English and right for Chinese as both audios where in a single stereo mix.  

#66 rockman666

rockman666
  • Protoform
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 10:59 AM

Hey Robowang, long time no see.   Believe it or not, I've been lingering around since the old glory days but don't have nearly as much time to dedicate to TF.   Regarding your interest in the English dubs, I recently converted my bootleg DVDs to files for a private torrent site that I'm on and could hook you up with MP4 files of Masterforce and Victory.   I could put the files on DVD-R discs.   It would probably take up about 3 or 4 discs total.   The original discs are PAL format which I'm guessing wouldn't do you any good but the ripped files look pretty nice considering they are probably TV source airings captured to DVD.   Anyway, if you still need them or anything else for that matter, drop me a e-mail at [email protected]     My entire (an insanely large) collection is still in tact :-)   

I love this thread. It's so cool to see Rockman666 online again. I got my copy of that awful dub of SDF Macross from you back in 1998 or so. I still have it!

I have a question for Walruslaw, Rockman666, or anyone really - 

My "Takara Collection" won't play in my player, and MF and Victory don't have the English language tracks anyway. 

I do have a set of Headmasters "VCDs" someone made that are all with the StarTV English dub. 

Does anyone still have VCD copies (or DVD versions) of Masterforce and Victory with the English dub? I'd be interested in purchasing either an old unwanted set or paying for someone to burn me a new set. I don't know of any official releases with the English dubs that will play on my DVD player or BR player. 

I would also be fine with access to downloadable dubs for those two series, but I haven't been able to find any through torrents. 

#67 walruslaw

walruslaw

Visual Archivist

• Supporter
  • 247 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 04:06 PM

It's been a while so i think its time for a collection update. This time i have items from G1 all the way to Adventure to show on vhs, dvd and Laserdisc.

First up this time is another VHS from the Takara Video Collection

Takara Video Collection V-15 Transformers Victory

IMAG1569_zpsalhvmiod.jpgIMAG1573_zpsxjkk3r3j.jpg

30 minute Promo for Transformers Victory titled "Fight! Star Saber!". The promo acts as a encyclopedia of sorts giving a rundown of the characters featured in the show.

View Promo

Up next is slightly newer VHS tape for Beast Wars

Transformers Beast Wars Destron Corps Encyclopedia

IMAG1574_zpswvpkughc.jpgIMAG1578_zps1eczxwj4.jpg

I previously uploaded a video to youtube a long time ago which was the Cybertron equivalent to this tape. The Destron version contains a similar rundown of the characters and their special attacks that the cybertron one had.

View Promo

Next we have the first promo for Beast Wars Metals

Transformers Beast Wars Metals Promo

IMAG1602_zpswuagqhbr.jpg

This promo for Transformers Beast Wars Metals was given away for free with Limited Editions of the C-40 Metals Convoy figure. The promo titled "The mystery of Metals Birth Revealed!!" was originally shown on TV before the series began to get viewers caught up with the story from the previous series.

View Promo

We now move on to DVDs starting with more G2

Transformers Mega DVD

IMAG1592_zpsy8pnpld7.jpg

Another Transformers DVD from the same people that released the Generation 2 DVDs with Armada Covers?? This time they have released a collection of 8 Episodes from Generation 2 featuring the final episode of Season 1 "Prime Target" which completes my G2 season 1 on DVD. The other 7 episodes are the first 7 from season 2:

"War of the Dinobots"

"Atlantis, Arise!"

"Auto Berserk"

"Kremzeek!"

"Triple Takeover"

"Starscream's Brigade"

"The Revenge of Bruticus"

The next addition to the collection is an upgrade 

Transformers Victory Box 1 and 2

IMAG1599_zpsfsqaxerq.jpg

An upgrade for a Bootleg i downloaded a long time ago. The dvds are almost identical to the previous release years ago but while looking through the special features i did notice the Big Book of masterforce promo that is included in this set is missing the shuta and grand secrets segment for some reason??

Now we replace one bootleg for another

Transformers Micron Legend

IMAG1584_zpsi3de93ll.jpg

Thanks to a user on ADC i was able to get the DVDs for Transformers Micron Legend and the DVD covers to make them look right on the shelf. If the dvds where more affordable (on average they are costing £40 each due to the minicon inside) I'd get them but till then ill be happy with these.

Moving from one bootleg to another

Transformers Superlink parts 3 and 4

IMAG1595_zpsulebcblw.jpg

These 2 DVD sets complete another series in my collection. These bootlegs contain the final half of the season on 2 DVDs per set. Picture and sound wise the episodes are ok but the video suffers a bit of compression. The set contains English subtitles but the translation is close but the character names are correct at best and completely WTF at worst. Like micron legend the official DVDs are rare and very expensive so im glad to have an alternative.

IMAG1622_zpsk7qmvxd8.jpg

Moving on to more recent media

Transformers Adventure Promos

IMAG1611_zpsc16awkpj.jpg

These 2 promo DVD where given away separately at stores and at toy shows in Japan. The DVDs contain a episode from the show and some of the commercials and promos from the takara youtube channel. Both disks have similar content but are both different in what they contain.

The final DVD this time is a movie game promo

Pachinko Transformers P-Vision Promo

IMAG1613_zpste8a7lbh.jpg

Very short 10 minute promo video for the new Pachinko machine in japan showcasing the features of the machine like special bonuses and timed events.

Next up is my latest HD media

Q-Transformers Season 1 Bluray Special Edition

IMAG1607_zpspk6q9gkb.jpg

The first season of the Q-Transformers on Bluray featuring all 13 episodes plus several extended clips, promos and trailers. With the special edition you get unpainted models of Prime, Bumblebee and Lockdown which are quite good but would look better with paint.

Next we have a HD video i cant even play

Transformers LAM HD-DVD

IMAG1604_zpspderzrin.jpg

I had no real interest in getting this version of the live action movie but when it only costs 50p you cant really complain.

#68 walruslaw

walruslaw

Visual Archivist

• Supporter
  • 247 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 04:09 PM

The last few items are in a format i thought id never get

Transformers Destron Laserdisc Set

IMAG1631_zpsy8clyih3.jpgIMAG1632_zpsqc518ydl.jpg

I was able to get a very good deal on this set which is a bit worn on the outside but the contents are fine. The set fetures the toy mural on the cover along with a design similar to the toy packages of the time.

The box contains 5 fold open disk sleeves each featuing the G1 boxart for the Destron characters featured in the show plus a couple of extra megatron designs.

IMAG1636_zpsv8it21w7.jpgIMAG1639_zpscubcyxlr.jpg

IMAG1642_zpsdb1ickya.jpgIMAG1645_zpsrjdxkasm.jpg

IMAG1646_zps6drgudgc.jpgIMAG1650_zps80u8o2vl.jpg

IMAG1653_zpsnjussrlu.jpgIMAG1654_zpsowertgvm.jpg

IMAG1658_zpsttw0p3gi.jpgIMAG1660_zpspcgcimqe.jpg

The set contains 2 extra bonuses a booklet which you can read at rockmans website

and a CD. 

IMAG1667_zpsrvo180di.jpg

The CD contains the intro and outro music in many different forms, diaclone/microman audio dramas and US intro/commercial music. The only track of note that hasnt been released on other media is a copy of the Soundwave vs Grimlock Audio Tape released as part of the VS series of toys relesed in Japan.

The Last item today is another holy grail for me

Transformers The Movie Hillcrane Laserdisc

IMAG1672_zps132ubxhi.jpgIMAG1674_zpsrdh94uwl.jpg

This is the rarer of the 2 releases of Transformers the movie on Laserdisc. This is the first edition of the movie relesed on the laserdisc format and features both Japanese and English audio. Unlike the later release this disk uses the higher quality Digital audio track for the English audio which unlike later releases has not been added to or modified giving a better audio experience.

IMAG1676_zps2gmbf4aq.jpgIMAG1681_zpsqwjukli6.jpg

Removing the OBI strip gives us a better look at the cover. The cover dows not fold open like the destron sets do but rather acts as a disc sleeve for the Laserdisc.

IMAG1683_zpskvtn5pqp.jpgIMAG1684_zps71he7ooj.jpg

The disk itself is very plain with just the Hillcrane logo and several standard logos for audio and format.

Thats it for now but check back soon as i might have another update coming in the next few weeks with more more new additions from Prime and Galaxy force.

#69 D.M

D.M
  • Citizen
  • 2934 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 06:50 PM

Could you try to extract the audio from the laserdisc?

#70 walruslaw

walruslaw

Visual Archivist

• Supporter
  • 247 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 03:46 PM

Could you try to extract the audio from the laserdisc?

id like to at some point but i dont have the equipment to do it properly just now.

#71 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 27840 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 03 December 2015 - 01:28 PM

Okay, this thread is awesome. I think I'll be keeping an eye on it from now on.

Transformers Superlink parts 3 and 4

IMAG1595_zpsulebcblw.jpg

These 2 DVD sets complete another series in my collection. These bootlegs contain the final half of the season on 2 DVDs per set. Picture and sound wise the episodes are ok but the video suffers a bit of compression. The set contains English subtitles but the translation is close but the character names are correct at best and completely WTF at worst. Like micron legend the official DVDs are rare and very expensive so im glad to have an alternative.

IMAG1622_zpsk7qmvxd8.jpg

Might the subs be those that were done by TV-Nihon?

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#72 walruslaw

walruslaw

Visual Archivist

• Supporter
  • 247 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 05:28 PM

Put it this way here is a example of only a couple of seconds of dialog

Attached File  dvd_snapshot_00.03.59_2015.12.03_22.15.44.jpg   56.31KB   1 downloads

Attached File  dvd_snapshot_00.04.18_2015.12.03_22.16.21.jpg   54.09KB   1 downloads

Attached File  dvd_snapshot_00.04.06_2015.12.03_22.16.02.jpg   46.27KB   1 downloads

and the whole series is like this from what i can tell i haven't got around to watching more than a few episodes this way as i think its killing my brain cells.

#73 walruslaw

walruslaw

Visual Archivist

• Supporter
  • 247 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 05:21 PM

It hasn't been long since the last collection update but i had forgotten to include the paper based media i had collected in the past few months plus i got a few more DVD/BD that just arrived this week.

First up this time is another set i never thought i would be able to afford

Transformers Prime Japan Vol 1-26 DVD

IMAG1706_zpsxg6eilse.jpg

IMAG1714_zpsyzgwiygc.jpg

All 26 volumes of the Japanese Version of Transformers Prime. Each DVD contains only 2 episodes and some Toy ads. Originally each DVD cost around £30 but i was able to get the whole set for £40 due to it being the rental copy. As far as i can tell the only difference with the retail and rental is a small sticker on the back that says rental on it.

Next up is the newest addition which just arrived today

Q Transformers Season 2 Limited Edition Blu-Ray

IMAG1729_zpsa6c4twj3.jpg

I just got this today in the mail Q Transformers Season 2. I preordered this and as a bonus you get a extra Music CD of the BGM of the series and the 4 outro themes. Also part of the limited edition is 3 papercraft models of prime, bee and lockdown.

Next we go back to the early 2000's

Transformers Galaxy Force Special Secret DVD  

IMAG1736_zpsktxlqh2p.jpg

I  was missing this from the collection the promo DVD for Galaxy Force. This disk features a Promo for the Galaxy force series along with the first episode of Robot Masters.

Lastly in the video based media is more prime love

Transformers Prime TV kun special DVD 2012 & 2013

IMAG1737_zpsrptytrf5.jpg

Up next is the Paper based media i have collected this year

Transformers Beast Wars Neo Ep22 script

IMAG1747_zps1c6oqr7q.jpg

Script book for the Transformers Beast Wars Neo Episode 22 The Stolen Gung-Ho.

The next item i have today is possibly the strangest TF item i own

Transformers Kiss Players 15 go,go collection 

IMAG1750_zps300lro7q.jpgIMAG1754_zpsnbt6erdw.jpg

The complete Manga collection for the Japan only Kiss Players series which is infamous in the fanbase for its sexually suggestive content with young girls.

The next items i have today are from the latter years of G1

Transformers Press Fliers

IMAG1771_zpsvzs71kay.jpg

These 2 press fliers are from early 1990 and feature the original promo image for the G1 show and the US movie poster. 

IMAG1767_zpsiepq8wia.jpg

The G1 press flier goes over the basic story of the show along with a list of the languages the show i available in and the press contact details.

IMAG1759_zpsohwhkmmw.jpg

The G1 movie flier gives a synopsis of the movie along with the cast and crew list from the theatrical poster.

Last up today is a hard to find book from the G1 movie

Transformers The Movie Special Data Book

IMAG1616_zpsefqxc3fw.jpg

This book originally came with the Matrix Forever VHS tape and features details on all the new characters along with interviews with Japanese Transformers Staff and a special look at the un-produced Unicron Toy from 1986.

That's all i have for this year hopefully next year will be just as good as this year has been.

Edited by walruslaw, 07 December 2015 - 04:54 PM.

#74 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 27840 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 15 December 2015 - 05:37 PM

Put it this way here is a example of only a couple of seconds of dialog

attachicon.gifdvd_snapshot_00.03.59_2015.12.03_22.15.44.jpg

attachicon.gifdvd_snapshot_00.04.18_2015.12.03_22.16.21.jpg

attachicon.gifdvd_snapshot_00.04.06_2015.12.03_22.16.02.jpg

and the whole series is like this from what i can tell i haven't got around to watching more than a few episodes this way as i think its killing my brain cells.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#75 D.M

D.M
  • Citizen
  • 2934 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 11:00 AM

Could you make ultra high rez scans of press flier with the G1 promo image and of Special data book cover? :)

The G1 press flier goes over the basic story of the show along with a list of the languages the show i available in and the press contact details.

Interesting that it's a package of 98 eps. Here in Serbia, in 1991 & 1992, only 26 episodes were aired and that's without MTMTE.

Edited by D.M, 19 December 2015 - 11:06 AM.

#76 walruslaw

walruslaw

Visual Archivist

• Supporter
  • 247 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 03:14 PM

Could you make ultra high rez scans of press flier with the G1 promo image and of Special data book cover? :)

I'm afraid i don't have access to a scanner at the moment. Was using my old works one up till recently to do my scanning and my new work ain't got one. I'll see what i can do in the new year might be handy to have one.

#77 walruslaw

walruslaw

Visual Archivist

• Supporter
  • 247 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 07:05 PM

Wow it's nearly half a year since my last update. This time i have items from the beginning of G1 to the Latest series Transformers Robots in Disguise including 3 complete seasons and one very rare VHS tape.

First up is where it all began

Transformers Vol 1, 4-9 & 12 US

20160503_230853_zpsbdyymyfy.jpg20160503_230957_Burst01_zpscivxmu17.jpg

20160503_231106_zpst1jygawp.jpg

Picked these up in a lot of tapes to get one in particular but im happy i did get them. These are the American vhs tapes for G1. Each video has a small comic strip on the back acting as a story blurb for the episode included. As can be seen there are 3 few different versions of the tapes with the larger ones being the oldest, smaller coloured ones being the second edition and the grey ones being the 3rd release. I'm tempted to try and get the big box versions for the collection as they are so much cooler than the uk versions.

20160503_231507_zpsjm3akaco.jpg

From L-R: Japan, US, UK Versions of the G1 Pilot

Next up is another version of the G1 movie

Transformers The Movie FHE US

20160503_231314_zpsltlezxuc.jpg

Another version of the Transformers The Movie on VHS but this one is the very first Version of the Movie released to the home market.

20160503_231348_zpsthulcpsq.jpg

From L-R: Japan, US, UK Versions of Transformers The Movie

Up next is one of the rarest US released Transformers VHS

Transformers Jaws of Terror/Slaves of the Insecticons US

20160503_231146_zpsli2zlutm.jpg      20160503_231212_zpsptirf83l.jpg

This is the very rare Kid Stuff Transformers Educational VHS tape containing the stories Jaws of Terror and Slaves of the Insecticons along with Vocabulary tests and quizzes for the stories. As this is Very Rare it has been captured and added to the Youtube Channel for all to see.

20160503_231242_zps1n9qq0uh.jpg

Kid Stuff Transformers VHS Tapes

Moving away now to more modern fare

Transformers Rescue Bots Season 1 AUS

20160503_230325_zpseaikbioe.jpg 

Unlike Shout Factory, Austrailian Company Beyond Entertainment is releasing the series in order with season one coming on 5 DVDs.

Transfomrers Rescue Bots Season 2 AUS

20160503_230452_zps59ioibdl.jpg

Beyond Entertainment continued with season 2 over 4 DVDs. Why can't Shout do season sets for this show? Heres hoping Beyond continue with season 3.

we now move on to more Austrailian Goodness

Transformers RID season 1 AUS

20160503_230531_zpsl4r8pmv7.jpg    20160503_230705_zpskp8pdlvl.jpg

Another Beyond release Transformers RID season 1 over 4 DVDs unfortunately just as i got this set Shout Factory decided to release season 1 in the US with special features so i will prob upgrade in the future.

Last up today are some more Promo DVDs for Adventure

Transformers Adventure Promo 3 JP

20160503_232021_zpsbstnbnfb.jpg

Almost identical to the previous 2 Promo DVD but it includes a different Episode on the disk.

TV Kun March 2016 DVD JP

20160503_231939_zpsvhl8hta7.jpg

Along with other promos the DVD contains the final scenes from season one of Adventure to promote the Release of season 2 titled Transformers Adventure -Prime of Micron-

Thats all i have for this update hopefully it wont be as long a wait till the next one.

Edited by walruslaw, 03 May 2016 - 07:06 PM.

#78 Ya Kid K MK VII

Ya Kid K MK VII

Mic check onetwo onetwo

• Supporter
  • 4133 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 07:55 PM

Love the original movie VHS release. I always thought mine was the first, but mine doesn't have the "Full Length Feature" blurb at the bottom. 

#79 walruslaw

walruslaw

Visual Archivist

• Supporter
  • 247 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 06:22 AM

Love the original movie VHS release. I always thought mine was the first, but mine doesn't have the "Full Length Feature" blurb at the bottom. 

There was a re-release of the same tape a year or so later by Avid which might be the one you have. From what i can tell its the same tape in a new box seems like a common thing for the Transformers Movie just going by the US/UK/JP there must be like 20 different covers with only maybe 8 actual different Tapes.

#80 Ya Kid K MK VII

Ya Kid K MK VII

Mic check onetwo onetwo

• Supporter
  • 4133 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 08:08 AM

Nope, mine is FHE. My box is pretty beat up, but I have it somewhere. The tape however is missing. 

I got it in '89.

Edited by Robowang, 04 May 2016 - 08:09 AM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users