Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (20 October 2019 - 10:36 PM)

Ex-Bundeswehr personnel, eh? Fascinating.

@  Pinkcolliebot : (20 October 2019 - 09:43 PM)

TF Roll Out Hot Rod's Presentation is coming real soon!!

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2019 - 01:05 PM)

So whenever he addresses his troops, he keeps cracking jokes. Sometimes these jokes are about the blunders he himself had made in his speech the previous day.

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2019 - 01:01 PM)

At the moment, I'm blessed with a pretty nice superior. He's got a military background, but he takes an oddly entertaining approach to it. Imagine a stand-up comedian who accidentally enlisted as a drill sergeant.

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2019 - 12:54 PM)

Another type of everyday absurdity: Imagine you're leaving your workplace for your lunchbreak. Upon your return, you discover that your workplace has been cordened and/or gated off during your break, with "construction site" warning signs everywhere. You go to your superior and tell him: "I can no longer access my workplace! Why is there suddenly a construction site?" Your superior takes a surpised look and says: "I don't know, first time I see this." You figure: "Must be a Tuesday, then."

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2019 - 12:51 PM)

It's kind of surreal, really.

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2019 - 12:50 PM)

They agree that things are less than ideal, but they acknowledge that their scope of making decisions is limited. Oddly, I keep getting that regardless of how high up the chain of command I bother people.

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2019 - 12:49 PM)

"I hear you, but you know how it is, there's nothing I can do about it." That's it, basically.

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 October 2019 - 06:40 AM)

What's it like to have management that's willing to listen to things they don't want to hear? I've never seen that.

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2019 - 04:41 AM)

I manage to argue within the company's own internal logic and point out the flaws, shortcomings and discrepancies between "official company policy" and "everyday company reality".

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2019 - 04:40 AM)

Many of my coworkers are scared to even talk to managers. I often discuss company matters with them I disagree with, and it isn't a rare occurrence that they say "yeah, you're right..."

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2019 - 04:38 AM)

I know how to watch my tone, and I prefer to keep things straightforward and factual, never to attack the person, always the problem itself.

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2019 - 04:37 AM)

The good thing for me is ever since a minor hiccup many years ago when I was still non-permanent, I've always managed to along just fine with my various superiors (I've been through over a dozen already). And that's despite my outspokenness, my blunt honesty and my oftentimes harsh criticism.

@  Sabrblade : (18 October 2019 - 11:04 PM)

With visuals presented by the Cybernet Space Cube

@  Dekafox : (18 October 2019 - 04:51 PM)

And don't forget to sign up for a cybersecurity seminar while you're there

@  Dekafox : (18 October 2019 - 04:47 PM)

Well you can always strap on some cyberlimbs and go into cyberspace for a cyberpunk experience

@  NotVeryKnightly : (18 October 2019 - 04:28 PM)

You know that "cyber" doesn't mean "cyborg", right?

@  Maximus Ambus : (18 October 2019 - 04:16 PM)

So where's the Cyborgs on CYBERtron?

@  The Doctor Who : (18 October 2019 - 03:47 PM)

Click here and we can send you notifications about your desire to discontinue notifications!

@  Benbot : (18 October 2019 - 10:40 AM)

Why does every damn website want to send me notifications? NO, no one wants your popups! Quit asking!

@  Echowarrior : (18 October 2019 - 09:19 AM)

Amazon in the US has pretty good benefits, though, and even the temp workers had forty hours a week to start with. Even with minimum wage, that's pretty good pay.

@  Nevermore : (18 October 2019 - 01:20 AM)

Oh, the turnover rates are high here as well.

@  TM2-Megatron : (17 October 2019 - 09:45 PM)

Amazon.com and .ca, on the other hand, can be pretty terrible. I know from your squawkbox posts that you guys have your issues with Amazon over there, although you're lucky to have stronger government regulations and a union there. I gather the warehouse workers in the USA and Canada have it pretty crappy, with very high turnover, close to minimum wage pay, and no unions

@  TM2-Megatron : (17 October 2019 - 09:38 PM)

Amazon.de doesn't really have the same issue. I've ordered from them (and UK, FR, IT and JP) several times, and their packaging is much better

@  Nevermore : (17 October 2019 - 05:22 PM)

I'm not sure how it works on the customer's end. As packers, we sometimes have items that are flagged as "overwrap", which means we absolutely have to put them into a box even if they're already in pretty sturdy manufacturer packaging.

@  TM2-Megatron : (17 October 2019 - 03:05 PM)

Yeah, I really do wish amazon had an option to upgrade packaging for an extra buck or something. I hate their bubble mailers

@  Benbot : (17 October 2019 - 07:17 AM)

That's how it works. I just hope my order from Amazon doesn't arrive crushed because they idiotically stuffed it in an envelope.

@  Telly : (16 October 2019 - 10:48 PM)

my walmart is acting true to form. as soon as mirage arrives from amazon, my walmart gets his entire wave in after months of having wave 1 clogging the pegs....

@  Nevermore : (16 October 2019 - 05:18 PM)

I stirred up some trouble at work, complained about the blatant neglect of employee safety. Was asked to take photos and write down the locations so the matter could be properly escalated. Made me feel a little better.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 October 2019 - 02:55 PM)

I got stabbed in the eyelid by a mudwasp, pulled down a tree, and then got ice cream. You know, all told: not a bad day.

@  Maximus Ambus : (15 October 2019 - 09:17 AM)

Burrunjor

@  Paladin : (15 October 2019 - 08:04 AM)

your mom.

@  Benbot : (15 October 2019 - 08:02 AM)

What's your favorite Paleolithic megafauna?

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 October 2019 - 10:06 PM)

Together with the Rhino G1 sets, probably the most expensive DVDs I ever bought

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 October 2019 - 10:01 PM)

I've still got the age-old Rhino sets

@  Telly : (14 October 2019 - 09:09 PM)

i didnt find that at any of the ones around here, so i had to settle for seasons 1 and 2 of duckman for $3

@  Steevy Maximus : (14 October 2019 - 07:45 PM)

Heck, I got the season 2/3 set for $3 (?) from a Dollar General discount bin :p

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 October 2019 - 07:29 PM)

The series is pretty cheap on DVD, too, which at least will work internet or no. The complete series set seems to be OOP, but there's a Season 1 set as well as a combined 2 & 3 set.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 October 2019 - 06:10 PM)

Woot! Beast wars!

@  Steevy Maximus : (14 October 2019 - 06:08 PM)

Yay! Tubi now has the first season of Rescue Bots and the full run of Beast Wars FINALLY available.

@  Benbot : (14 October 2019 - 02:16 PM)

Just like me in a game of Civilization. Don't have gunpowder? Time for your cities to burn.

@  Rycochet : (14 October 2019 - 01:51 PM)

He dubbed the peoples that saw him as bad news cannibals and savages before enslaving and wiping them out too.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 October 2019 - 01:40 PM)

And if they had been unfriendly: he would have simply slaughtered them with diseases they couldn't fight, and technology they couldn't match until they as a people did not exist. There's something about european backgrounds that drive us to exploit.

@  Rycochet : (14 October 2019 - 11:02 AM)

He described the peoples he encountered as some of the most friendly and giving in the world, so naturally, he ate all their food, enslaved them and put them to work looking for gold that did not exist, until they as a people did not exist.

@  Paladin : (14 October 2019 - 09:57 AM)

he landed by coincidence in front of long-term residents.

@  Sabrblade : (14 October 2019 - 09:55 AM)

He said the world was round-o! (He said the world was round-o!) He said it could be found-o! (He said it could be found-o!) That hypothetical, calculated, son-of-a-gun, Columbo! (That hypothetical, calculated, son-of-a-gun, Columbo!)

@  Benbot : (14 October 2019 - 09:22 AM)

In the year 1492, Columbus gave us the day off skoo

@  Noideaforaname : (14 October 2019 - 08:59 AM)

How often do people actually celebrate Columbus or the Pilgrims? Usually it just feels like celebrating the first break in the school year and a nice dinner with the family.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 October 2019 - 08:29 AM)

You've got like two more weeks until the american thanksgiving. Canadian thanksgiving is literally a harvest festival.

@  CVReynolds : (14 October 2019 - 08:09 AM)

Hey, everyone. Come together to enjoy this national holiday made to celebrate a mass-murderer who never set foot in the USA. What fun!

Photo

walruslaw's Media Collection

125 replies to this topic

#41 Doin It To Ham

Doin It To Ham

HAMHOLE

• Supporter
  • 4296 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 25 September 2014 - 08:13 AM

Okay, so question: is "Matrix Forever" the name of the actual TFTM in Japan? I had always heard that it was. 

Or is it just the name of one of these promo videos?

#42 walruslaw

walruslaw

Visual Archivist

• Supporter
  • 259 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 12:28 PM

Okay, so question: is "Matrix Forever" the name of the actual TFTM in Japan? I had always heard that it was. 

Or is it just the name of one of these promo videos?

From what i know matrix forever is the abbreviated title for the VHS tape i just got which has the full title "Transformers: The Movie—Apocalypse: Be Eternal, Matrix". It may at one point have been a name they where thinking of using but as far as i know at release it was called Transformers The Movie (トランスフォーマー・ザ・ムービー), plus in the later promo video which shows a screening you can see a program being handed out that has the title Transformers The Movie on the cover.

Edited by walruslaw, 25 September 2014 - 12:31 PM.

#43 walruslaw

walruslaw

Visual Archivist

• Supporter
  • 259 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 04:29 PM

Been a while since I showed off my new additions, the main reason for that was I was waiting for something really special to arrive by surface mail. Got some real rarities this month including several that I never thought I would ever own:

First up is another addition to the Rescue Bots DVD's.

Transformers Rescue Bots: Mystery Rescue Shout Factory USA

IMAG1043_zps2d1e3446.jpg

Another collection of episodes of Rescue Bots From both season one and two. Unfortunately several episodes are still missing from season one to complete a full season set.

Next up is a DVD Rom released for the Star newspaper in the UK

Transformers Age Of Extinction Interactive Preview Disk

IMAG1047_zpsfd7da4b2.jpg

A Preview DVD Rom with trailers for the AOE Movie along with a preview episode of Transformers Prime season 3.

That gets all the english stuff out of the way on to the Japanese media

Transformers 2007.8.4 Roadshow Promo DVD

IMAG1050_zps77e6d0c5.jpg

Realeased as a promo in TOHO Theaters in Japan to promote the first live action movie. The disk features trailers and a introduction from Michael Bay and Steven Spielberg.

Now we move on to some of the VHS Tapes I Picked up

Transformers Beast Wars Quiz Encyclopedia

IMAG1061_zps0375f67c.jpg

This is a strange VHS Tape containing a short quiz to identify all the characters from the series. At the end of the tape there are 2 Karaoke tracks for the Series Opening and Ending. I Have already captured a copy of this video which can be found HERE

Transformers Beast Wars Special "Clash! Beast Warriors"

IMAG1065_zps33adcca1.jpg

Along with the tape above i got 2 parts of the Beast Wars special Movie. The First tape contains the section  Clash! Beast Warriors which was a clip show covering the first season of Beast Wars in Japan.

Transformers Beast Wars Special "Lio Convoy in Imminent Danger!"

IMAG1146_zps3fe187c1.jpg

The second part of the special i got was the main new part of Movie featuring the Beast Wars II cast joining forces with Convoy (Optimus Primal) to defeat Majin Zarak. All the Tapes for the Special contain a Trailer for the movie after the Episode.

Next up is the first of the Items i never though i would own

Transformers The Movie -Apocalypse Be Eternal, Matrix

IMAG1120_zpse15badf1.jpg

This VHS is the inspiration to the most common misconception about the Transformers Movie in Japan. For a long time because of this tape the fandom thought the title of Transformers the movie in Japan was Matrix Forever but as more information came to light this was found to not be the case. The Tape contains the main Trailer for the movie along with openings/commercials for every full season of Transformers Relaesed at the time and finally The Trade Trailer for Transformers the movie. I have created a new capture for this tape which can be found HERE.

Now back to more modern media

Transformers Music Matrix 30th Anniversary Version

IMAG1051_zps9fc279f9.jpg

A collection of transformers Opening and Ending videos for Transformers from FSRL all the way to Tansformers Go! This is the second release of Music Matrix however this time several of the earlier series such as Beast Wars II and Neo have had their openings added. Only Transformers Prime is missing videos unfortunately. As a bonus the full Episode of Transformers Zone is included for some reason.

we now move on to the reason there hasn't been an update for a while

Transformers Supergod Masterforce Box 1

IMAG1066_zpsb4f45b91.jpg

Thanks to my friend i was able to complete this series on Japanese DVD. The box contains The first 24 episodes of the series over 4 DVDs. Bonus features include US G1 Commercials, Japanese G1 Commercials for Headmasters/Masterforce and The 5 minute Pilot for Transformers Headmasters Episode 1.

IMAG1083_zps1412c3ee.jpg

Like the second box the DVD cases feature gorgeous artwork with Hawk and Ginrai on Volume 1 and the Headmaster Jrs on Volume 2.

The next set is another one i never thought i would ever own

Fight! Super Robot Life Transformers Box 1

IMAG1093_zps932deb87.jpg

The First Box set for Transformers G1 in Japan Featuing the first 35 episodes of the series. As a bonus several Commercials are included for FSRL.

IMAG1096_zpsb7ed00b0.jpg

like most of the Japanese G1 DVD sets the Disk art is great with each disk featuing a different art style.

The last 2 images contain bootlegs i have downloaded over the years

Fight! Super Robot Life Transformers Box 2

IMAG1098_zpsf8a27985.jpg

This is a bootleg downloaded copy of the second box set of FSRL containing the final episodes of the season along with several promo videos which i have added to my youtube channel over the years. If i ever have the chance i would like to replace it with the original but till then im glad i have at least a copy.

Transformers Victory Box 1-2

IMAG1101_zps8ffe3275.jpg

Like the FSRL box 2 this is a bootleg downloaded copy of the 2 Pioneer DVD sets for Transformers Victory. I was able to get this a long time ago and it features all the episodes of the series along with 5 of the clip shows. Like the FSRL set i would love to replace the bootlegs with real copies but at the price at the moment its not an option.

Thats all i have this time but im always on the lookout for more to add to the collection. If you want any more information about any of the media listed leave a comment and i will get back to you. 

IMAG1088_zps81d92731.jpg

• D.M likes this

#44 walruslaw

walruslaw

Visual Archivist

• Supporter
  • 259 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 05:41 PM

In the process of scanning a Storyboard set i just got for the 3rd act of Transformers The Ultimate Doom part 3 to add to the blog as a preview of whats to come heres a shot which contains 2 of my favourite things Transformers and Macross :D

17_zps5bf8b2d1.jpg

#45 D.M

D.M
  • Citizen
  • 2972 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 06:24 PM

Are the G1 episodes on those Pioneer discs unedited or do they also have Japanese text showing up during some scenes (character names etc)?

Next up is the first of the Items i never though i would own

Transformers The Movie -Apocalypse Be Eternal, Matrix

IMAG1120_zpse15badf1.jpg

This VHS is the inspiration to the most common misconception about the Transformers Movie in Japan. For a long time because of this tape the fandom thought the title of Transformers the movie in Japan was Matrix Forever but as more information came to light this was found to not be the case. The Tape contains the main Trailer for the movie along with openings/commercials for every full season of Transformers Relaesed at the time and finally The Trade Trailer for Transformers the movie. I have created a new capture for this tape which can be found HERE.

Sweet! The early ads don't have the redish tint, like on the ones on Youtube that made Soudnwave look purple-ish. :)

In the process of scanning a Storyboard set i just got for the 3rd act of Transformers The Ultimate Doom part 3 to add to the blog as a preview of whats to come heres a shot which contains 2 of my favourite things Transformers and Macross :D
17_zps5bf8b2d1.jpg

Interesting that the Skyfire decision was brought at the very last moment. :)

Edited by D.M, 10 November 2014 - 06:26 PM.

#46 walruslaw

walruslaw

Visual Archivist

• Supporter
  • 259 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 06:42 PM

Are the G1 episodes on those Pioneer discs unedited or do they also have Japanese text showing up during some scenes (character names etc)?

The episodes are the Japanese Fight! super robot life versions which are edited slightly and have the Japanese Text introductions for characters and places.

I was very surprised as well when i got the storyboard as i always thought it was changed alot earlier in the production. That being said the Toy ad for Jetfire has the macross model and that was a second year Toy. Maybe him and shockwave where supposed to be year one toys which where delayed due to the macross issue.

• D.M likes this

#47 D.M

D.M
  • Citizen
  • 2972 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 07:58 PM

Jetfile was probably delayed due to that.
As for Shockwave... difficult to say. Constructicons too appeared before their toys came out. Reflector too, of course, though wasn't quite part of thee toyline. Then there's year 3 characters that were featured in the early TF:TM draft from 1984, plus tripplechangers.

#48 walruslaw

walruslaw

Visual Archivist

• Supporter
  • 259 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 05:54 AM

Just thinking of the commercial that matches up shockwave against Jetfire in his macross jet mode. size wise they match up and it would be understandable if they where both supposed to be year one toys but we will prob never know.

#49 D.M

D.M
  • Citizen
  • 2972 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 11:10 PM

Looking at TF:TM promo trailer and reading that Ron Friedman draft... it looks like they based it on a draft that came right after that one.

Kup (trailer):
"this gigantic Ick Yak come stomping at us out of nowhere..."

Kup (script):
"this gigantic Bull Ick Yak comes stomping at us out of nowhere..."

A small difference, next what we see Kup doing this bit from the script:

(imitating footfalls)
"Crump! Crump! Crump! Closer and
closer he came ... Crump,Crump... "

Then what follows appears to be part where Arcee, in hologram form, check up on Hot-Rod and rest of the crew.

early-tftm-01.jpg

Perhaps whole segments they depict were animated? :)

Edited by D.M, 14 November 2014 - 05:39 PM.

#50 walruslaw

walruslaw

Visual Archivist

• Supporter
  • 259 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 12:09 PM

That makes alot of sense since it was the earliest draft, never really thought it was based on anything just a teaser reel, nice.

Edited by walruslaw, 20 November 2014 - 12:09 PM.

#51 rockman666

rockman666
  • Protoform
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 02:12 PM

Not sure how true this is but the Matrix Forever promo was sent to me years ago (I think even a few decades ago) as part of Transformers Hero special that was owned by a friend of mine who didn't speak or read Japanese.   So whether Hero is anything official or just some compilation put together by a fan remains a question in the minds of many    Of course, with all the misconceptions in the TF world, its hard to determine what is and what isn't, with the perfect example being whether Matrix Forever is the subtitle for The Movie.   Some say it is, some say it isn't.    

On another note, you have a nice collection of stuff, walruslaw.    It's nice to see other passionate fans of the media side of things much like myself having been collecting TF videos for almost 30 years and have almost an entire 12 foot wall of shelves fill with TF videos highlighted by my 36 different copies of TF The Movie on DVD, VHS, laserdisc, and bluray LOL.   Luckily my wife is understanding.   :zzz  Speaking of which, I have an extra Japanese TFTM on laserdisc that I don't need if you don't have it and want to buy it off me.    Its the 1998 black cover release.   I also have a few other miscellaneous TF items that I have duplicates of, a few dvds and some playstation and DS games.  I can send you a list or picture if you are interested.  Let me know.    Anyway, impressive collection.....good job man.

Edited by rockman666, 20 December 2014 - 05:47 PM.

#52 walruslaw

walruslaw

Visual Archivist

• Supporter
  • 259 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 05:49 PM

On another note, you have a nice collection of stuff, walruslaw.    It's nice to see other passionate fans of the media side of things much like myself having been collecting TF videos for almost 30 years and have almost an entire 12 foot wall of shelves fill with TF videos highlighted by my 36 different copies of TF The Movie on DVD, VHS, laserdisc, and bluray LOL.   Luckily my wife is understanding.   :zzz  Speaking of which, I have an extra Japanese TFTM on laserdisc that I don't need if you don't have it and want to buy it off me.    Its the 2001 black cover release.   I also have a few other miscellaneous TF items that I have duplicates of, a few dvds and some playstation and DS games.  I can send you a list or picture if you are interested.  Let me know.    Anyway, impressive collection.....good job man.

Thanks man. I have been collecting the videos ever since i was a child due to the lack of air play the older episodes got when i was a kid in the uk so every carboot sale and fair i went to i had get all i could. This is only my collection of Disk based stuff and new additions i have a bunch of other VHS tapes in a sepeate secion on my blog plus i collect any digital files i can find through serveral sites online and archive them for future use. I would definately be interested to see what you have as im always on the lookout for items to add to the collection. If you haven't done so you should check out my blog and youtube channel i usually digitse all the rare videos and promos for everyone to view.

#53 rockman666

rockman666
  • Protoform
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 12:08 AM

On another note, you have a nice collection of stuff, walruslaw.    It's nice to see other passionate fans of the media side of things much like myself having been collecting TF videos for almost 30 years and have almost an entire 12 foot wall of shelves fill with TF videos highlighted by my 36 different copies of TF The Movie on DVD, VHS, laserdisc, and bluray LOL.   Luckily my wife is understanding.   :zzz  Speaking of which, I have an extra Japanese TFTM on laserdisc that I don't need if you don't have it and want to buy it off me.    Its the 2001 black cover release.   I also have a few other miscellaneous TF items that I have duplicates of, a few dvds and some playstation and DS games.  I can send you a list or picture if you are interested.  Let me know.    Anyway, impressive collection.....good job man.

Thanks man. I have been collecting the videos ever since i was a child due to the lack of air play the older episodes got when i was a kid in the uk so every carboot sale and fair i went to i had get all i could. This is only my collection of Disk based stuff and new additions i have a bunch of other VHS tapes in a sepeate secion on my blog plus i collect any digital files i can find through serveral sites online and archive them for future use. I would definately be interested to see what you have as im always on the lookout for items to add to the collection. If you haven't done so you should check out my blog and youtube channel i usually digitse all the rare videos and promos for everyone to view.

I've been to your site a few times.   It was refreshing to see some of the older stuff again.   With the exception of TF Prime, I haven't particularly liked too much of the newer shows.  I downloaded those puppet episodes awhile back.   I'm pretty sure those were ripped from the source tapes that I received from someone way back when and was once selling back in the 90's.   I still have those tapes and the muffled sounds is pretty distinct like it was recorded on a mono 2 head VCR    I only met the guy one time and he gave me copies of those episodes at a BotCon convention years ago which was a pretty cool gesture.  I had some of them I had recorded myself back then but I only grabbed the ones I was missing so it was nice to get the whole set in one shot.   

As far as the stuff I have duplicates of, I have the 1998 Japanese TFTM laserdiscs, a TFTM DVD (Metrodome UK release with Rodimus on the cover), Transformers Ultimate Battle DVD, Transformers The Game (PS2), Transformers The Game (PSP), Transformers Revenge Of The Fallen (NDS), and Transformers War Of Cybertron Decepticons (NDS).  If any of that stuff looks good, let me know.   

I've kinda fallen off the map a little but I do still have my website up which does have some pretty old stuff on it.    I haven't updated it in over 10 years but I've kept it up because still to this day, I get people who want copies of my videos which is pretty nice that my site can still be found on search engines but in my hey day, I had the biggest collection of stuff so that was pretty much my reputation years ago as the "go to guy" for TF videos.   Check it out at http://www.tfrid.com/nojava.htmland have a good laugh at the outdated HTML code LOL.   

Anyway, let me know if you need any of that stuff.   If you want to get in touch with my directly, my e-mail address is [email protected]

• D.M likes this

#54 D.M

D.M
  • Citizen
  • 2972 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 12:58 PM

I've kinda fallen off the map a little but I do still have my website up which does have some pretty old stuff on it.    I haven't updated it in over 10 years but I've kept it up because still to this day, I get people who want copies of my videos which is pretty nice that my site can still be found on search engines but in my hey day, I had the biggest collection of stuff so that was pretty much my reputation years ago as the "go to guy" for TF videos.   Check it out at http://www.tfrid.com/nojava.htmland have a good laugh at the outdated HTML code LOL.

Say, did you once host first two episodes of Beast Wars?

Edited by D.M, 21 December 2014 - 01:05 PM.

#55 rockman666

rockman666
  • Protoform
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 03:36 PM

Yeah, that would be me.   In fact, they are STILL on the site.    Probably in crappy quality too considering how many years ago it was that I captured them and I probably used a VHS of TV recordings as the source.   I intended on putting the whole series online but......well that didn't happen.  

• D.M likes this

#56 walruslaw

walruslaw

Visual Archivist

• Supporter
  • 259 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 09:21 AM

I've been to your site a few times.   It was refreshing to see some of the older stuff again.   With the exception of TF Prime, I haven't particularly liked too much of the newer shows.  I downloaded those puppet episodes awhile back.   I'm pretty sure those were ripped from the source tapes that I received from someone way back when and was once selling back in the 90's.   I still have those tapes and the muffled sounds is pretty distinct like it was recorded on a mono 2 head VCR    I only met the guy one time and he gave me copies of those episodes at a BotCon convention years ago which was a pretty cool gesture.  I had some of them I had recorded myself back then but I only grabbed the ones I was missing so it was nice to get the whole set in one shot.   

LOL im not surprised that they look familiar i bought them from you a year or so ago on bluray disks along with G2. You might remember having to ship to someone in Scotland. Been to your site several times in the past most of the commercials for the G1 toys on youtube are from the set you had online at one point. The good old days of internet video before flash player and clouds.

I will contact you through email about buying the Laserdisc might be after christmas when i have the money tho. 

#57 walruslaw

walruslaw

Visual Archivist

• Supporter
  • 259 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 09:25 AM

This will be my final update to the collection this year containing only a few items. This time i have managed to finish my collection of Japanese Generation 1 and Beast Wars DVD sets plus a brand new item only just released:

First up is another copy of the Transformers The Movie on VHS.

Transformers The Movie VHS Takara Japan

IMAG1249_zps98ef1d1b.jpgIMAG1245_zpseee82978.jpg

The first release of the movie in Japan on VHS. The tape itself uses the international version of the movie with the scrolling text intro. The only unique part of this version is whenever a major character is introduced his/her name is shown on the screen for a few frames. The audio is in japanese only and before the movie the theatrical trailer is shown. This is one of the 2 different covers for the movies initial release however i am not sure if this is the retail or rental version of the cover as there are no special markings.

Next is the final G1 Japanese DVD set i needed.

Transformers The Headmasters Universal Japan

IMAG1254_zps6610d8be.jpg

This set is a reissue of the Pioneer DVD sets released in the early 2000's. Originally this set only had 5 DVD's with only the episodes from the series however this time the set comes with a extras disk containing a Dual audio (Japanese/ENG) copy of the Rebirth episodes and a collection of commercials from the 2010 series. The funny thing is this disk originally came with the transformers 2010 dvd set in the 2000's but was left off the reissue set from a few years back.

The next item is the final boxset i needed for Japanese Beast Wars

Transformers Beast Wars Returns Universal Japan

IMAG1253_zps7597794f.jpg

This set was released in 2013 and is a reissue of the DVD's released in the early 2000's. There are 7 DVD's for this set and every episode is dual audio apart from the only clip show in the series titled "Where Is the Banana? R". Like the original sets a extra music CD is also included featuing 3 different versions of the song "Megatron Ondo"

Last up is something which is brand new.

Transformers Rescue Bots Season 3 Press Kit

IMAG1264_zpsf3f7754b.jpgIMAG1208-001_zps7d3f598c.jpg

Recently I was able to get a copy of the Press Screener DVD for season 3 of transformers Rescue Bots. This press screener contains a DVD of the first 2 episodes of the series and a small press release from Discovery Family with details about the new series and a cast and crew list.

That's all for this year hopefully next year will be just as good.

Edited by walruslaw, 22 December 2014 - 09:26 AM.

• D.M likes this

#58 rockman666

rockman666
  • Protoform
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 08:46 PM

LOL im not surprised that they look familiar i bought them from you a year or so ago on bluray disks along with G2. You might remember having to ship to someone in Scotland. Been to your site several times in the past most of the commercials for the G1 toys on youtube are from the set you had online at one point. The good old days of internet video before flash player and clouds.

I will contact you through email about buying the Laserdisc might be after christmas when i have the money tho. 

haha, well that certainly explains it.   Glad you made good use of those.    Those were my VHS copies put to Bluray and with the exception of the crappy menu I used, they came out decent and operate much better than VHS.  Speaking of the G1 commercials, I've undertaken a pretty large project to put all of those on either DVD or Bluray, depending on how much space they take up.    I'm going to start with DVD and if the compression starts to kick in, I will bluray them.   I think I started this project about 2 years ago and still going.   It's difficult when I have commercials on about 50 different source tapes, DVDs, etc.   

• D.M likes this

#59 D.M

D.M
  • Citizen
  • 2972 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 07:45 PM

Yeah, that would be me.   In fact, they are STILL on the site.    Probably in crappy quality too considering how many years ago it was that I captured them and I probably used a VHS of TV recordings as the source.   I intended on putting the whole series online but......well that didn't happen.  

Awesome! Thanks to you, I got to see them for the very first time. :)

haha, well that certainly explains it.   Glad you made good use of those.    Those were my VHS copies put to Bluray and with the exception of the crappy menu I used, they came out decent and operate much better than VHS.  Speaking of the G1 commercials, I've undertaken a pretty large project to put all of those on either DVD or Bluray, depending on how much space they take up.    I'm going to start with DVD and if the compression starts to kick in, I will bluray them.   I think I started this project about 2 years ago and still going.   It's difficult when I have commercials on about 50 different source tapes, DVDs, etc.

WOAH!! :love
It sure will be nice to finally see 'em in decent quality. Those ancient low quality rips got tiresome. :)

Edited by D.M, 23 December 2014 - 07:53 PM.

#60 walruslaw

walruslaw

Visual Archivist

• Supporter
  • 259 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 06:58 PM

It's been a couple of months since my last update this is due to moving home and having to get everything set up. I don't have much this time but i do have a few very rare items including the earliest Japanese G1 VHS tapes.

First up is my new backdrop for my collection photos

Main Collection Backdrop

IMAG1302_zpsf0mo7rnq.jpg

This is my current storage for my Transformers DVDs which i will be using as a backdrop for new collection updates. This is not all my collection but most of the main items i own. Starting with the bottom 2 rows of western released DVDs and the upper 2 rows mainly consisting of my Japanese sets and animated movie DVDs.

Now that thats out of the way my first new addition is the First Japanese G1 VHS

Fight Super Robotlife Transformers VHS VAP Japan

IMAG1360_zpss0e7g2qh.jpgIMAG1370_zpsfnfdqz9d.jpg

This VHS was the only one released in Japan for the first series of Transformers. The tape contains the first 3 episodes of the series edited into one 45 minute episode similar to how the first 3 episodes where released in the UK as "Arrival from Cybertron" and USA as "More than meets the eye". The only difference is each individual episode has a title card for each of the 3 parts of the pilot("The Road to Earth", "Secret of the Ruby Crystals" and "Escape from Earth!"). This tape may be the first of the lost clip shows for transformers in Japan titled "Birth of the Transformers" but there is no way to confirm this assumption

Next up is the first of 2 Supergod Masterforce VHS Tapes from Japan

Takara Video Collection V-04 Japan

IMAG1339_zpswgeekv7p.jpgIMAG1351_zpsmg3idrpd.jpg

IMAG1358_zps7ardfwfv.jpg

Released as part of the Takara Video Collection this tape contains a short 10 minute promo for the Supergod Masterforce series. The promo contains a introduction to the series and characters. This special release comes in a cardboard box with a bonus pin badge of God Ginrai.

The next release in this series is alot more interesting

Takara Video Collection V-10 Japan

IMAG1307_zps1hdeului.jpgIMAG1319_zpswb8jvncs.jpg

IMAG1325_zpsfmmgdvt2.jpg

The 10th release in the Takara Video collection is alot more interesting. This tape contains the home video release of the Masterforce clipshow "You too use the masterforce" which also includes the added extra promo "Shuta and Grand's Masterforce Super-Secrets".

Next up is another copy of Transformers the movie

Transformers The Movie Recostructed Metrodome UK Press DVD

IMAG1385_zps3pgdh8uw.jpg

This is my second copy of this DVD which explains where the other check disks came from. This one however has a sticker on its case with contact info for the advertising company.

The final DVD of the Day is another Transformers Animated promo

Norimono saikyō DVD Japan

IMAG1403_zpsuzqzvrb6.jpg

This DVD was a cover mount special a few years back. The Transformers portion of the DVD contains the Transformers Animated episode Elite Guard along with promos for live action movie toys.

The final items today where purchased as a lot on ebay

Collection of production material Micron Legend/Galaxy force

IMAG1405_zpslvd6ovxp.jpg

Managed to pick up this collection of production material for both Micron Legend and Galaxy Force. The lot contained design documents, a script and staff only Galaxy Force voucher.

Galaxy Force 3D Modeling Samples

IMAG1414_zpslss1hfku.jpg

A set of 3D design models for The Galaxy Force series. The set contains models for all primary characters in the series, a character relationship map and planet key descriptions.

Galaxy Force Hand Drawn Designs

IMAG1415_zpscwctctrn.jpg

A selection of design drawings for Galaxy Convoy, Master Megatron, Starscream and SpeedLeader(Nitro-Covoy)

Transformers Micron Legend 7 Carnival Script

IMAG1418_zpss6ofl6qt.jpgIMAG1446_zpsrhl8xpr8.jpg

Dialog Script for the Micron Legend episode Carnival signed by the cast of the series. Strangely this script is bound into a booklet instead of seperate sheets like the others i have picked up over the years.

Thats all this time but i will be adding copies of the Galaxy Force design drawings and 3d Model sheets to the blog soon and ill be adding the short masterforce promo to my youtube soon. For more promos, production files and collection photos visit TFRaw!!

• D.M likes this

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users