Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Nevermore : (12 December 2019 - 07:45 PM)

Morten Harket of A-ha might have aged 35 years on the outside, but his voice is still pretty much the same as it was in 1984. That's some great training and exercise for you.

@  wonko the sane? : (12 December 2019 - 06:59 PM)

Depends entirely on how badly you cooked them. What?

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 December 2019 - 05:33 PM)

Can it raise the dead?

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:33 PM)

Cheddar can do just about anything.

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:32 PM)

Cream cheese has to be on a bagel or crackers.

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:31 PM)

(for example: I like Swiss cheese on sandwiches, but find it merely tolerable by itself)

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:30 PM)

I mean are you eating it by itself? With crackers? On a sandwich?

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 December 2019 - 04:48 PM)

I would ask, but I'd rather not know.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (12 December 2019 - 03:38 PM)

With my mouth, usually.

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 08:48 AM)

Depends on how you're eating it.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (12 December 2019 - 01:40 AM)

Havarti, without a doubt.

@  Greebtron : (12 December 2019 - 01:28 AM)

Not Don, thanks. I'd like a writer who actually cares enough to do the job properly

@  Benbot : (11 December 2019 - 09:34 PM)

What's your favorite cheese? I'm not sure, but it's hard to beat muenster.

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 December 2019 - 05:10 PM)

Man I wish IDW could do a season 2.5 with a few writers like Michael Charles Hill or Donald F Glut or Paul Davids involved.

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 December 2019 - 04:33 PM)

They were looking for Skids, but the animators forgot he existed again.

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 December 2019 - 02:58 PM)

He regrouped with Omega Supreme, the Dinobots, Skyfire and the Protectobots.

@  Benbot : (11 December 2019 - 08:20 AM)

Did he get infected with the rest of the Autobots or did he smartly remain off-planet?

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 December 2019 - 05:38 AM)

He really just went to the beach for a couple of days, then called it in. Who's gonna follow up on it?

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 December 2019 - 05:05 AM)

Anyone really believe Cosmos searched far enough for more ingredient for Corrostop?

@  Nevermore : (11 December 2019 - 03:48 AM)

Oh, we are pretty good at "forgetting" about that. Insisting on sending people home on their overtime, THEN suddenly rushing to do the "backlog" stuff when it's really overdue.

@  wonko the sane? : (10 December 2019 - 05:43 PM)

I've yet to find an organization which didn't have a backlog of "stuff" that needs to be done, but isn't important enough to put on the schedule proper.

@  TM2-Megatron : (10 December 2019 - 05:01 PM)

I'm sure most good/bad (depending on your POV) bosses would be able to find something for the worker to do, in most cases, even if it's spending 8 hours pretending to push a broom around

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (10 December 2019 - 04:39 PM)

Still better than American jobs. x.x;

@  NotVeryKnightly : (10 December 2019 - 11:10 AM)

I'm pretty sure you've already mentioned this before. Especially that last one.

@  Nevermore : (10 December 2019 - 11:05 AM)

That can be fun if you're strong-willed enough. "Hey, you want to go home? Overtime reduction, there's nothing to do..." - "Nah, not today. I want to work."

@  Nevermore : (10 December 2019 - 11:04 AM)

This applies to the field of work as well. Meaning, your boss orders you to show up for a full shift, you show up on time and are absolutely willing to work, and then your boss realizes he has no work for you, your boss has to pay you for a full shift even if you don't work at all.

@  Nevermore : (10 December 2019 - 11:03 AM)

Fun fact: German law has a concept named "default in acceptance", which postulates that if there is a "service for payment" contract, the party that should provide the service correctly offers their due service, and the party that should pay fails to accept the service within due time, the second party still has to pay the first party even if there was no service delivered.

@  wonko the sane? : (08 December 2019 - 10:54 PM)

If it's seasonal affective disorder, check with your doc about vitamin D supplements.

@  Maximus Ambus : (08 December 2019 - 12:46 PM)

That's what I was thinking too, It's the christmas rush and if that's not stressful enough the cold weather can also impact mental health.

@  wonko the sane? : (08 December 2019 - 12:41 PM)

Might be a stupid question given the comment, BUT: have you done anything outside the ordinary lately? Might just be a stress reaction.

@  Maximus Ambus : (08 December 2019 - 12:29 PM)

I've experienced sleep paralysis with ghostly images and similar things in the past and can snap out of it through moving my fingers. I've definitely hallucinated before and members of both sides of the family have had similar experience, some suffered forms of mental instability in two cases schizophrenia.

@  wonko the sane? : (08 December 2019 - 10:47 AM)

So... either a hallucination or night terrors. Are you prone to this kind of thing?

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 December 2019 - 11:55 PM)

It kept repeating until I sat up.

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 December 2019 - 11:54 PM)

I've been up since three and when sheepish I was hallucinating something knocking twice against my bedroom door.

@  TheMightyMol... : (07 December 2019 - 06:58 PM)

Then repaint Apeface and Snapdragon as Transmetal Optimus Primal and Megatron. It's crazy enough to work.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (07 December 2019 - 05:32 PM)

Moral imperative.

@  Nevermore : (07 December 2019 - 05:13 PM)

Wishful thinking, rumor or leak?

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 December 2019 - 04:48 PM)

Snapdragon for Earthrise.

@  TM2-Megatron : (04 December 2019 - 10:22 PM)

Still not the weirdest thing a Nic Cage character has done in a film

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 December 2019 - 04:00 PM)

Couldn't be worse than him pissing fire as Ghost Rider.

@  Rycochet : (04 December 2019 - 03:38 PM)

The Tim Burton Superman Movie is the DC movie we deserve. It would have Nic Cage in a technosuit punching polarbears.

@  Paladin : (04 December 2019 - 02:59 PM)

Wonder Woman was great. Shazam was amazing. Aquaman... exists.

@  RichardT1977 : (04 December 2019 - 01:54 PM)

TBF, Aquaman and Shazam! were pretty good.

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 December 2019 - 01:00 PM)

Not a difficult feat.

@  Benbot : (04 December 2019 - 11:50 AM)

You just put more effort into telling a compelling story than all of WB's execs.

@  Cybersnark : (04 December 2019 - 11:41 AM)

Cue the flashback to Jonathan, reassuring a terrified child: "What you are is never as important as who you are." Cue Superman's response to Brainiac: "I already know who I am."*John Williams fanfare plays*

@  Cybersnark : (04 December 2019 - 11:38 AM)

I don't think we even really need to see Krypton. I'd start with Clark growing up in Kansas, thinking he's normal, and follow him through the development of his powers. There've been enough alternate takes on Krypton that it could actually work as a mystery; is this the pre-Crisis utopia, the sterile science world, or the relic of a fallen empire? Brainiac was there, and he tempts Clark with the knowledge of what he really is.

@  Otaku : (04 December 2019 - 11:12 AM)

First, a Krypton film, ending with baby Kal-El being found on Earth.  Then Supe's early career film, establishing his values... and if Jonothan Kent needs to die, it happens because of something like a heart attack while Clark is savnig folks on the other side of the world.  After we know Clark minimizes property damage and never kills, have Zod & Company show up and force him to make tough choices.

@  Otaku : (04 December 2019 - 11:07 AM)

Man of Steel seems like someone came up with a Superman trilogy and then the execs said "We've got to catch up to Marvel, make it one film!".  I don't mean that based on the film's actual pacing, but because various story beats make more sense to me if they weren't all squished together.

@  Cybersnark : (03 December 2019 - 07:44 PM)

I've been wanting to write a Superman movie trilogy for years; "Man of Steel" (featuring a Terminator-like Brainiac) was going to be first, with "Last Son of Krypton" (featuring the Eradicator) as the sequel and "Man of Tomorrow" (in which Luthor makes his face-heel turn) as the conclusion. Thanks to Snyder I have to re-arrange my titles.

Photo

Avengers 2

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
935 replies to this topic

#21 Suspsy

Suspsy

This Title Section Needs To Be Longer

• Citizen
  • 4031 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:41 PM

Screw the Vision.

I want to see Miss Marvel added to the team. Hell, it'd have been awesome if they'd introduced Capt. Carol Danvers in the first film.
If You Even Dream Of Beating Me, You'd Better Wake Up And Apologise.

#22 Jenny

Jenny
  • Citizen
  • 22965 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:43 PM

I want freaking Squirl Girl.

And also Vision.

staring dog stares

doggie_zpsafvtedef.png

#23 Benbot

Benbot

What a nerd

• Supporter
  • 5471 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:47 PM

He's like Cartman with the powers. He's a super strong android who can fly! Fires lasers! Can be any weight! Virtually indestructible. And can go through solid objects! And what the hell, let's throw in shape shifting and time travel powers too. It's to the point of being stupid.

#24 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36509 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:53 PM

QUOTE(Benbot @ Apr 25 2013, 02:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He's like Cartman with the powers. He's a super strong android who can fly! Fires lasers! Can be any weight! Virtually indestructible. And can go through solid objects! And what the hell, let's throw in shape shifting and time travel powers too. It's to the point of being stupid.

Most those powers are the same power. He can shift his density. That's his main power. He flies when he shifts to be light enough to defy gravity, he's can be nearly indestuctible when his shifts his density to be as dense as possible. Phasing, is also on the lighter end of density shifting, just as super strength comes from hitting someone with a fist that weighs several tons.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#25 Jenny

Jenny
  • Citizen
  • 22965 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:56 PM

So, basically, the Vision is like Martian Manhunter, but with more powers and no telepathy.

staring dog stares

doggie_zpsafvtedef.png

#26 Cat

Cat
  • Retired Staff
  • 11612 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:57 PM

QUOTE(Suspsy @ Apr 25 2013, 03:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Screw the Vision.

I want to see Miss Marvel added to the team. Hell, it'd have been awesome if they'd introduced Capt. Carol Danvers in the first film.

You may want to check that.

Seems set for Carol. But she'll be as Captain Marvel, apparently.

But obviously a lot of this stuff will be dropped before filming. So many new characters announced. Makes sense in a way to add extras early on, particularly with one key role not yet a certainty.

And if they don't drop anyone. It'll be X3 all over again.

#27 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36509 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:01 PM

QUOTE(Escargon @ Apr 25 2013, 02:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, basically, the Vision is like Martian Manhunter, but with more powers and no telepathy.

That's fairly apt, maybe not 100% accurate, but generally they are similar characters in basic personality and power set.

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

#28 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36509 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:04 PM

QUOTE(DrSpengler @ Apr 25 2013, 03:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If we get Vision and Scarlet Witch in the same movie we'll have to suffer through that insipid "I am a robot. What is this emotion you call love? It does not compute. It does not compute." bulljive that I positively cannot stand.

So I'd prefer neither of them.

You've said this once before, and I'll say the same thing I said then: I've no clue where you get this impression from. Vision was NEVER trope at any point during his life.

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

#29 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17382 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:26 PM

QUOTE(Database @ Apr 25 2013, 05:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(DrSpengler @ Apr 25 2013, 03:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If we get Vision and Scarlet Witch in the same movie we'll have to suffer through that insipid "I am a robot. What is this emotion you call love? It does not compute. It does not compute." bulljive that I positively cannot stand.

So I'd prefer neither of them.

You've said this once before, and I'll say the same thing I said then: I've no clue where you get this impression from. Vision was NEVER trope at any point during his life.

Yeah this.

That complaint sounds like someone whose never actually read Vision stories talking. He was always an emotional fully "human" synthazoid. That's why the Scarlet Witch fell for him. He was a gentle, feeling, heroic soul.

He has exactly 2 powers: Mass shifting and lasers from the eyes. That's hardly overpowered in the world of Avengers at all.

-ZacWilliam, Vision is really one of the core classic Avengers and deserves to be in the films.

Edited by ZacWilliam1, 25 April 2013 - 04:28 PM.

Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#30 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 35134 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:29 PM

Make Vision the AI Jarvis in a robot body.

Admit it.

It'd be awesome.

"Disabled people donít have special needs. We have very reasonable human needs. Our needs include freedom from abuse, violence, and mistreatment, the right to autonomy and self-direction, the right to represent ourselves, equal opportunity for education and employment, the right to accommodation, and societal inclusion and acceptance.

The need for accommodation isnít a ďspecial needĒ. Itís a basic human right. Itís a leveling of the playing field that allows us the same opportunities and chances as non-disabled people."

- Amethyst Schaber, http://neurowonderful.tumblr.com/

#31 (Deactivated) Smitty

(Deactivated) Smitty
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:31 PM

QUOTE(Database @ Apr 25 2013, 04:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Rhinox @ Apr 25 2013, 01:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
screw all this beating around the bush. Just pay Fox a pittance and use the damn M word.

Which one? icon-waspy.gif

Migger?

#32 Cheetimus Primal

Cheetimus Primal

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:43 PM

I'm all for Vision in the movies but I'm more than OK with him having no connection to Wanda or Simon. Honestly it was FOREVER before I knew of the Simon connection and the Wanda thing always seemed too damn weird and forced to me. Just keep him as an Ultron creation and I would be very happy. Make the connection by using the Human Torch from the first Cap movie and I would pee my pants.

Also EFF Wanda entirely. I can not stand her powers... which are whatever the current writer says they are. She is just a terribly defined person.
24674394486_13a96b16e0_o.jpg

#33 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36509 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:45 PM

QUOTE(Razorsaw @ Apr 25 2013, 03:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Make Vision the AI Jarvis in a robot body.

Admit it.

It'd be awesome.

But that'd kinda rob us of Rescue.

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

#34 Undead Scottsman

Undead Scottsman

THANOSCOPTER

• Citizen
  • 10399 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:36 PM

With Marvel wanting to do a Dr. Strange film, they could easily just have Wanda be a straight up witch weilding chaos magic or whatever. I'm pretty sure she had magical ability in addition to her mutant powers, so it wouldn't be that much of a stretch. Quicksilver could be the product of a spell or a mystical item or something, I dunno.

The other alternative is to weave them into the Inhumans mythos.

MSzBav1.jpg

#35 Lizard King

Lizard King

I burned out my eyes, I cut off my tounge.

• Citizen
  • 9610 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:16 PM

I honestly really hate the idea of Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver being on the big screen without them being mutants. It's such huge, huge parts of their characters. However, I have an unwavering faith in Joss Whedon. He'll find a way to not only make it work, but to make it awesome.

#36 Lio Kaiser

Lio Kaiser

Gattai! Lio Kaiser!

• Retired Staff
  • 4096 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:23 PM

Agreed - with Joss at the helm, he'll be able to incorporate what he can and make it work in a way that is both believable and faithful. It would also be an amazing thing if Fox and Marvel/Disney got a contract together to where they could share properties if needed.

I think Fox would have NOTHING to lose if they could borrow elements of the MCU and put it in their upcoming X-Men and X-related films! Imagine a S.H.I.E.L.D. cameo, or mentions of the Avengers as a team, or it's members, in upcoming X-Men films? How AWESOME would that be for the fans?!

And the idea that Logan could off-handed-ly mention his involvement in WW2, talk about the great Captain America, and mention the Avengers and Cap's return? With that in mind, it wouldn't be too far to bring in some form of the Marvel Illuminati if Fox and Marvel/Disney could share rights to characters.

Honestly, Fox would only GAIN from such a union, especially since Fox still has X-Men and Fantastic Four characters. An Avengers/X-Men/FF Cinematic Universe would be astonishing! HELL, Sony was willing to work with Marvel to incorporate the OSCORP tower in the Avengers' NYC Skyline, but rendering was already complete by the time all the red-tape was cleared.

Between Fox, Sony and Disney, Marvel could create a more unified MCU and be able to swap characters interchangbly and piece together a universe that co-exists between DOZENS of films.

-Lio Kaiser.

#37 (Deactivated) BB Shockwave

(Deactivated) BB Shockwave
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:56 AM

QUOTE(Benbot @ Apr 25 2013, 08:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, that's basically the Martian Manhunter in a nutshell. Except Vision is an android, but both are just about as clueless about human behaviour. I wonder which one of them came first in comics?

#38 bigbot69

bigbot69

Back and slightly less angry...kinda

• Citizen
  • 1398 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:15 AM

QUOTE(Lio Kaiser @ Apr 26 2013, 12:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Honestly, Fox would only GAIN from such a union, especially since Fox still has X-Men and Fantastic Four characters. An Avengers/X-Men/FF Cinematic Universe would be astonishing! HELL, Sony was willing to work with Marvel to incorporate the OSCORP tower in the Avengers' NYC Skyline, but rendering was already complete by the time all the red-tape was cleared.

-Lio Kaiser.

But honestly that's why it won't happen because marvel/disney have nothing to gain from the union.

Marvel would ultimately want the characters back under their own fold, a union that allows other companies play to strengthen their hold wouldn't do really. And a union just so you can have an off hand mention of the fast SW and QS are mutants or wolverine fought with cap in WW would make us happy but they won't ultimately add or detract from the film.
It's a Newcomic (apparently)

#39 Undead Scottsman

Undead Scottsman

THANOSCOPTER

• Citizen
  • 10399 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 04:38 PM

One of the key factors of keeping the MCU fro descending into dreck is a careful and thorough oversight of the series from Marvel/Disney (by way of Kevin Fiege.) Attaching themselves to Fox and Sony's offering is giving up some of that control. Additionally, working together would not be the creative paradise you seem to think it would be, as once multiple companies start workign together, it means multiple teams of lawyers start working together. Suddenly you have people demanding a higher cut of the profits due to a character having 2 minutes more screentime than in a previous draft, or conversely, bitching that their character is not getting enough face time. A quick cameo like putting a building in a background is one thing; subjecting your products to the whims of what is essentially a competitor is a terrible idea in the best of times.

Also, Fox has had some EXTREMLY dire movies (Daredevil, Elektra, Fantastic Four 1&2, X-Men 3, Wolverine) and so has Sony (Spider-Man 3, Ghost Rider) Those movies are filled with bad creative decisions, poor choices of actors, writers and directors, and just generally poor decision making that doesn't respect the source material. I'd prefer if those guys are as far removed from any additional IP's as possible. MCU is doing great on it's own, let's leave it that way.

MSzBav1.jpg

#40 Cheetimus Primal

Cheetimus Primal

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:45 PM

Well... jive...

http://www.comicbook...e/news/?a=78662

I HATE the Scarlet Witch! I hate her. I hate the way her powers are so ill defined that they are pretty much whatever the current writer defines them as. I hate her for marrying a robot. I hate her for having psychic kids with a robot. I hate her for being the marvel U's Deus Ex Machina to EVERYTHING. I hate her for hugging her brother in the Ultimate Universe. I hate Loeb for spelling that out in his jivey run on the book when it was previously only eluded to and easily ignored.
24674394486_13a96b16e0_o.jpg