Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Otaku : (19 May 2018 - 02:17 PM)

@TM2-Megatron Yeah, it is like @TheMightyMollusk says. The catch is that usually means they can contain beef, and I confirmed it by pushing my luck. XD So... yeah, if going to the theater was about watching the film, it might be worth potentially resting on the balls of my feet while technically sitting in the chair, but put it all together... and I just wait to watch it at home. Oh, and ticket prices, always ticket prices.

@  wonko the sane? : (19 May 2018 - 10:24 AM)

woot woot! Korean barbeque for dinner!

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 May 2018 - 05:51 AM)

It's meat scraps. Whatever's left over from cutting up the more choice cuts.

@  TM2-Megatron : (18 May 2018 - 11:26 PM)

Well, the hot dogs Cineplex has (pretty much our only big theatre chain) around here are quite good, but I have no idea of the composition, and honestly, it's probably better that way.

@  Otaku : (18 May 2018 - 10:01 PM)

@TM2-Megatron In my case, shouldn't risk the hot dogs, either. Maybe if they are guaranteed to contain NO beef (can't digest it anymore >_<).

@  Waspinator : (18 May 2018 - 08:12 PM)

Semper ubi sub ubi

@  Nevermore : (18 May 2018 - 01:18 PM)

Then classmate, I mean.

@  Nevermore : (18 May 2018 - 01:18 PM)

A classmate of mine once did one: Asked for the English term for [underpants], he replied "underground trousers".

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (18 May 2018 - 10:10 AM)

Urkomisch!

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (18 May 2018 - 10:10 AM)

@Nevermore First time I have ever heard of this, but it sounds awesome!

@  Arazyr : (18 May 2018 - 08:39 AM)

We did that amongst ourselves in German class in college. We just called it "Germish", though.

@  Shrug : (18 May 2018 - 07:01 AM)

Nevermore, you've peaked my interest and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter

@  Nevermore : (18 May 2018 - 04:04 AM)

The term itself is an example: "English for Runaways" is supposed to mean "English for advanced speakers".

@  Nevermore : (18 May 2018 - 04:03 AM)

Think of it as the German variety of Engrish, only done completely on purpose for maximum hilarity. The target audience are bilingual German native speakers who a) understand the intended meaning and b) realize the absurdness of the end result.

@  Nevermore : (18 May 2018 - 04:02 AM)

It's basically the official unofficial term for deliberate mistranslations between German and English, done for the lulz.

@  Nevermore : (18 May 2018 - 04:01 AM)

Has anyone ever heard of the term "English for Runaways"?

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (18 May 2018 - 01:13 AM)

Okay... Seriously.. The Mystic Knights need a DVD release already.. I keep seeing them pop up in the most random of places.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (18 May 2018 - 01:03 AM)

Unfortunately no Squidkids at Sea World so no splat zones. Now that would have been a good brand deal to advertise in the park, and would have made more brand sense than friggin' Mystic Knights of Tir Na Nog.

@  Paladin : (17 May 2018 - 07:52 PM)

i think that's where the orcas jump & land on the trainers in protest to their horrible treatment

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (17 May 2018 - 06:53 PM)

Splat zones? ;)

@  PlutoniumBoss : (17 May 2018 - 05:05 PM)

It was wet from gallons of salt water. Splash zones, man.

@  TheMightyMol... : (17 May 2018 - 04:46 PM)

Only if you're classy.

@  Paladin : (17 May 2018 - 04:42 PM)

do you serve orca meat with butter?

@  TM2-Megatron : (17 May 2018 - 03:57 PM)

I hope it was wet from butter

@  PlutoniumBoss : (17 May 2018 - 01:06 AM)

I used to work at Sea World in Florida, in the stroller rental warehouse, where we would regularly have to hose wet popcorn out of strollers. Popcorn hasn't really appealed to me since.

@  Steevy Maximus : (16 May 2018 - 07:36 PM)

Mine got the HP Pavilion Gaming 15" Green light laptop...and I can't find anything about it except the press release and HP's own website options.

@  Steevy Maximus : (16 May 2018 - 07:35 PM)

Always bemusing to find a new laptop series at Walmart and then can't find ANYTHING online about it except for the press releases

@  Paladin : (16 May 2018 - 06:52 PM)

still sounds preferable to "The Hobbit."

@  wonko the sane? : (16 May 2018 - 06:15 PM)

I once farted so rank the guy behind me walked out of the lord of rings movie. Told my brother someone needed to sew my ass shut on his way out.

@  TM2-Megatron : (16 May 2018 - 06:15 PM)

If I couldn't eat popcorn, I have to admit that would remove part of the appeal for my going, as well. Although the theatre chain up here still has decent hot dogs, I guess

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (16 May 2018 - 06:12 PM)

Yeah.. Stomach issues is one of the big medical reasons for me as well.

@  Otaku : (16 May 2018 - 05:55 PM)

I rarely go to movie theaters anymore: besides being too fat to sit comfortably in the seats, I have digestive health issues. No popcorn at all. >_<

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (16 May 2018 - 05:26 PM)

Medical reasons.

@  Telly : (16 May 2018 - 12:49 PM)

why?

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (15 May 2018 - 04:37 PM)

I can't even go the theater anymore really.

@  TM2-Megatron : (15 May 2018 - 03:29 PM)

Personally, I like the short wait. As much as I still enjoy going to the theatre, I also like getting movies at home as soon as possible

@  Bass X0 : (15 May 2018 - 03:12 PM)

Just found out John Mahoney (Martin Crane in Frasier) died earlier this year. That's sad.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 May 2018 - 02:59 PM)

I don't think I'm ever going to get used to the turn around time on new movies making it to home formats.

@  TM2-Megatron : (15 May 2018 - 02:37 PM)

Only for Steelbooks and whatnot, anyway

@  Telly : (15 May 2018 - 02:23 PM)

picked up black panther on bluray. walmart had little signs next to the price sticker saying theyre actually limiting copies of it to 2 per customer. ive never seen that on a movie before

@  Steevy Maximus : (14 May 2018 - 03:34 PM)

And I get to keep the vehicle with its 43,130 miles!

@  Steevy Maximus : (14 May 2018 - 03:34 PM)

Cha-CHING! My "total loss" PT Cruiser (with some hail damage from last year with a $4200 repair bill for cosmetic damage) netted me a $6000 payday with a clear title since it is over 10 years old!

@  Locoman : (14 May 2018 - 01:36 PM)

Yes. The authorities have been notified of your predilections. Remain where you are.

@  RichardT1977 : (14 May 2018 - 11:53 AM)

Is it wrong that I want to refer to PotP Inferno's combiner form as Phoenix King?

@  Paladin : (14 May 2018 - 07:33 AM)

more and more i'm starting to wish i'd become an alcoholic years ago.

@  Otaku : (14 May 2018 - 06:31 AM)

The sad thing is that I sometimes think a little social drinking by others puts us on even footing. I'm sure you're all shocked (which emoticon do i use for sarcasm again?) that I'm not good at social situations, and either I clam up or say too much, can't read the room, etc.? XP

@  Nevermore : (14 May 2018 - 12:21 AM)

I don't drink for a variety of reasons. Family alcoholism, can't stand the smell, don't like what it does to people, etc.

@  Waspinator : (13 May 2018 - 11:15 PM)

It's not always other people caring about you not drinking that makes it awkward. You can make yourself feel awkward by not doing something everyone else is doing without anyone even trying to make you do it. Peer pressure doesn't have to be intentional, the desire to fit in can make you do it to yourself.

@  Plokatron : (13 May 2018 - 10:57 PM)

@Pennpenn Same here. I just don't see a need to drink hard stuff even if it's as simple as one sip. Two reasons one I'd probably be as much a lightweight as Doc. Brown and two my uncle was killed in a car wreck due to a drunk driver and I've made a promise to my mother to never drink unless it's very special. I'm even less tolerant of Smoking or chewing Tabaco since my dad had cancer twice due to chewing learned his lesson after he survived round two. And before I get the naysayers on this the doctors specified to him that it was chewing that screwed him up. His genes did have a possible trigger in them that coulc of gone off but according to the docs it only mutated after he started chewing.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (13 May 2018 - 08:06 PM)

I have enough problems with Diabetes messing with me.. Don't need alcohol adding to it. ;)

Photo

Avengers 2

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
935 replies to this topic

#1 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 16227 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:33 PM

Edit: Ok, just trying to leave the thread open to non spoilers AND Spoilery conversation, but if a tag in the title and none in the post is prefered, I'm cool.

Wanted to talk about this and didn't see a thread.

Found it interesting that JW apparently hinted at Iron Man 3 that Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch we're in his A2 script.

Hope that's true.

-ZacWilliam, There's not another Brother-Sister act in Avengers lore it could be right? They'd be a great starting point to get Vision in there, which I really want.

Edited by ZacWilliam1, 25 April 2013 - 01:47 PM.

Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#2 Cheetimus Primal

Cheetimus Primal

Commissions! cheetimus@cheetimus.com

• Retired Staff
  • 48474 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:37 PM

While SW did marry the Vision I fail to see why you think they would be a good starting point for the Android built by the AI built by Hank Pym.
24674394486_13a96b16e0_o.jpg

#3 Cheetimus Primal

Cheetimus Primal

Commissions! cheetimus@cheetimus.com

• Retired Staff
  • 48474 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:39 PM

Also if you're going to start a thread with spoiler tags just mention spoilers in the title and carry on like normal in the thread.
24674394486_13a96b16e0_o.jpg

#4 Blade Raider

Blade Raider
  • Citizen
  • 2035 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:46 PM

Legally, the Avengers movies can use the characters, but they can not be mutants nor can they be related to Magneto in anyway. Unless Marvel gets the X-Men rights back, they will be just shadows of their characters rather than the characters are suppose to be.

#5 Cat

Cat
  • Retired Staff
  • 11612 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:48 PM

I don't like either Scarlet Witch or Quicksilver. I don't even know how you could make her power work on screen, it's just so poorly defined. It seems hokey.

I also don't know how they'd explain them. Can they reference Fox's franchise? It seems like it may be a bit much to have to explain their origins, especially if you had to alter the mutant origin. And fanboys would be pissed at the lack of Magneto connection.

A science explanation for QS might be hard to do without veering into Flash territory.

I can't think of who else it'd be though. Vision and Jocasta are the only others that spring to mind, and that seems more doubtful and more tenuous.

#6 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 16227 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:51 PM

QUOTE(Cheetimus Primal @ Apr 25 2013, 02:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
While SW did marry the Vision I fail to see why you think they would be a good starting point for the Android built by the AI built by Hank Pym.

Well, most of the classic drama and interest surrounding the Vision is rather involved with his romance with the Scarlet Witch. You lose a lot of the cool of having him there if you don't have her and her brother to play him off IMO.

So having them there is a good set up for introducing him and running with some of his classic themes IMO. Given the coming of the Antman film and how high Ultron is on the list of major Avengers villains I'm not worried about Marvel having that side of his origin covered, but this gives a foundation for what I'd like to see done with him.

-ZacWilliam, I love the Vision but without the Scarlet Witch romance angle you lose too much of his classic arc IMO.

Edited by ZacWilliam1, 25 April 2013 - 01:56 PM.

#7 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 16227 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:55 PM

QUOTE(Blade Raider @ Apr 25 2013, 02:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Legally, the Avengers movies can use the characters, but they can not be mutants nor can they be related to Magneto in anyway. Unless Marvel gets the X-Men rights back, they will be just shadows of their characters rather than the characters are suppose to be.

Not necessarily. All they legally have to do is not specifically mention "mutants" or "Magneto". In the world established they hardly have to use the term Mutant to have their superpowers make sense and saying they or their Father were know terrorists covers that part of thier origin fine.

As long as the pair are close siblings, Pietro is an arrogant super fast egoist who tries to protect his sister, and Wanda is a formerly sheltered slightly strange young woman with the ability to make things go catastrophically wrong, you've got all of them that matters characterwise.

ZacWilliam, can't think of any other siblings he could mean either...

#8 NICK TYRANNO

NICK TYRANNO

Www.scatterville.com

• Supporter
  • 15912 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:10 PM

You could just mention they were born with their powers and be done with it.

If Joss is using them he probably answered all the questions we're thinking of.
Http://www.scatterville.com

#9 Shadewing

Shadewing

Evil faces a Black Night

• Supporter
  • 35126 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:10 PM

QUOTE(Blade Raider @ Apr 25 2013, 12:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Most of that can be covered by simple vague information. Just say they were born with their powers, and make a comment of them being the son of Villain.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#10 Cat

Cat
  • Retired Staff
  • 11612 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:16 PM

If they mention children of a villain, even vaguely, then people will expect that to be a major plot point for a future villain, like the Thanos scene.

#11 Shadewing

Shadewing

Evil faces a Black Night

• Supporter
  • 35126 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:26 PM

QUOTE(Cat @ Apr 25 2013, 01:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If they mention children of a villain, even vaguely, then people will expect that to be a major plot point for a future villain, like the Thanos scene.

I'd say the plot point is the others wondering if they could trust them. "Apple doesn't fall far from the tree" type thing. worst Case scenario claim that he is dead, and make it sound vague to leave room enough for if Marvel ever gets the rule rights back, to introduce him.

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

#12 Rhinox

Rhinox

Yeah, I'm kind of pissy.

• Supporter
  • 13838 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:58 PM

screw all this beating around the bush. Just pay Fox a pittance and use the damn M word.

"Why does history repeat itself? Because God doesn't have TiVo."

Wounds of honor are always self inflicted.

#13 SwiftEagle

SwiftEagle
  • Citizen
  • 5958 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:00 PM

And then it turns out to be the Strucker twins.
ASM
Tomorrow's nostalgia today!

#14 Shadewing

Shadewing

Evil faces a Black Night

• Supporter
  • 35126 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:00 PM

QUOTE(Rhinox @ Apr 25 2013, 01:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
screw all this beating around the bush. Just pay Fox a pittance and use the damn M word.

Which one? icon-waspy.gif

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

#15 Nightwing

Nightwing
  • Citizen
  • 960 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:05 PM

If Avengers gets a speedster to the big screen first, Justice League will have that much more trouble. The Flash will seem like a shameless copycat to a lot of people, no matter how slowly you explain it to them.

I'm still really looking forward to seeing some new Avengers though.

Edited by Nightwing, 25 April 2013 - 03:24 PM.

Ninpo Ikkan Magakoro Ni Masari

Shikin Haramitsu Daikomyo

#16 Lio Kaiser

Lio Kaiser

Gattai! Lio Kaiser!

• Retired Staff
  • 4096 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:18 PM

QUOTE(Nightwing @ Apr 25 2013, 03:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If Avengers gets a speedster to the big screen first, Justice League will have that much more trouble. The Flash will seem like a shameless copycat to a lot of of people, no matter how slowly you explain it to them.

I'm still really looking forward to seeing some new Avengers though.

True, with a 2015 release date, Avengers 2 would beat DC/WB to the punch with a silver-screen speedster.

Either way, I would be happy to see those two in the next film, mention of Magneto/Mutants or not. They need to show us (the audience) that the world of the MCU is rapidly growing to include heroes (and villains) from all over the world, and of all walks of life.

-Lio Kaiser.

#17 Benbot

Benbot

What a nerd

• Supporter
  • 4535 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:23 PM

Uhg, no to Vision. He's lame and ridiculous. For the comics that works just fine, but the movies should be slightly more down to Earth.

#18 Shadewing

Shadewing

Evil faces a Black Night

• Supporter
  • 35126 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:26 PM

QUOTE(Benbot @ Apr 25 2013, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Uhg, no to Vision. He's lame and ridiculous. For the comics that works just fine, but the movies should be slightly more down to Earth.

I don't see how he is, but for him to be completely accurate we probably need Wonder Man on the team first.

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

#19 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 16227 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:39 PM

QUOTE(Benbot @ Apr 25 2013, 04:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're lame and rediculous. ;p Vision rocks.

There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about Vision that is one iota less realistic then every other character in the Avengers films.

-ZacWilliam, sure his visuals will stand a more realistic tweaking but everyone else has gotten that too.

#20 Cat

Cat
  • Retired Staff
  • 11612 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:40 PM

Vision and Wonder Man being added to the first's cast would be brilliant. For me.

*Sorry for weird grammar, sleeping pill is starting to kick in.

OR: could it be Vision and Wasp? There's the speculation/almost certainty/maybe of Wasp being in it.

If Vision is created, he may see Wasp as his sister. She was something else, but became something new after Pym stepped in. Same with him.

But I still think it's SW and QS.

Another reason I'm not fond of QS here is that he'll seemingly have to get a new origin. Scientific in nature, most likely. They know that WB will have a Prominent Flash in either the JL movie or an endscener in another film on the spiderweb.

Why bring up this comparison, QS who may be closer in origin to Barry (Should be Wally), and in big films around the same time.

It's gonna get tonnes and tonnes of comparisons. Who did it better, worst, sexier, etc.

Why not just stay away from that. You don't want the audience to start noticing all the simarities, do you?