Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  TheMightyMol... : (09 August 2020 - 06:16 PM)

Which crisis crossover are we on now? I lost track.

@  Rycochet : (09 August 2020 - 05:18 PM)

Much of the past decade has been the part of the comic series where less than stellar authors have driven the series into the ground and the editors are getting ready to either do a big multi issue crossover, leading to a reboot.

@  Bass X0 : (09 August 2020 - 02:28 PM)

At this point I've just decided to consider 2020 "not canon."

@  TheMightyMol... : (09 August 2020 - 02:18 PM)

'member Pepperidge Farm?

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 August 2020 - 02:10 PM)

Before the 'member berries there was Pepperidge farm. Pepperidge farm remembers.

@  OverDrive73 : (09 August 2020 - 12:21 PM)

>>>Shameless Plug<<< FYI. posted the last part of Quest for Tires in Allspark Pictures

@  SG Roadbuster : (08 August 2020 - 01:53 PM)

@Nevermore yes.

@  Nevermore : (08 August 2020 - 09:11 AM)

Is $30 a good deal for Subscription Service Breakdown?

@  Trpodeca : (08 August 2020 - 06:24 AM)

Oh dear God no. Twitter has changed it's default layout to the terrible new one. Why waste so much space on the left?

@  Steevy Maximus : (07 August 2020 - 08:28 PM)

@Bass X0, yeah, the Joe comic got REALLY solid in the upper 20s to the Cobra Civil War. It's interesting to see how well the Joe comic has aged relative to the cartoon. Where as I feel the opposite is true of Transformers

@  -LittleAutob... : (07 August 2020 - 03:58 PM)

Its so fun watching past TF Conventions.

@  Bass X0 : (07 August 2020 - 02:20 PM)

I've been reading classic 80s G.I. Joe lately. Its still decent even though I don't have any nostalgia towards it.

@  Sabrblade : (07 August 2020 - 08:50 AM)

Think of it as Adam West Batman instead. ;)

@  wonko the sane? : (07 August 2020 - 07:49 AM)

That sounds more like the flash, or maybe booster gold than batman.

@  Sabrblade : (07 August 2020 - 12:27 AM)

They would get bored fighting each other and instead decide to take an epic cross-country road trip together.

@  RichardT1977 : (06 August 2020 - 08:57 PM)

What would happen if Batman were to fight Squirrel Girl?

@  PlutoniumBoss : (04 August 2020 - 09:03 PM)

Unless you count the Mask vs Lobo special, but that's less a duel and more a duet.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (04 August 2020 - 08:52 PM)

My favorite crossover fight was Thor vs Shazam/Captain Marvel. Early in the fight, Thor discovers that Billy Batson needs lightning to transform, and being a god of lightning he simply denies him that.

@  Sabrblade : (04 August 2020 - 08:46 PM)

Let's see a fight between Death Battle and Super Power Beat Down

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 August 2020 - 06:15 PM)

Which Lobo later claimed was because he was paid to take a dive. Yes, really.

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 August 2020 - 06:15 PM)

And then there's the times it's been decided by a fan vote, which is how we get things like Lobo (who can go toe-to-toe with Superman at full strength) losing to Wolverine.

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:49 PM)

And then there are the "but my favorite characater will totes win because I say so" people.

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:49 PM)

I mean, there are some people who really approach this from a somewhat reasonable standpoint, coming up with a plausible scenario and a setting that creates a fair environment that doesn't favor one character.

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:46 PM)

My favorite stupid "why would they even fight each other" question recently was about three versions of Optimus Prime (G1, Bayverse and Aligned).

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:45 PM)

Batman obviously can beat everyone. Even Galactus. He's Batman. He's so smart, he'll just throw a Batarang and hit the weak spot at Galactus's forehead, knocking him out instantaneously.

@  wonko the sane? : (04 August 2020 - 11:37 AM)

It's almost like all drama is just manufactured pissing contests to keep us all entertained and distracted. :p

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (04 August 2020 - 10:16 AM)

Or they could go White Ranger vs Scorpion route and have both win. ;P

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:35 AM)

Besides, we all know the answer is nearly always "they fight to a standstill and then team up against a common enemy."

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:29 AM)

The best way to prove this is to give an example where the match is really lopsided in favor of one character but in popularity they're either evenly matched or the weaker one is more popular.

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:27 AM)

The "who would win in a fight" discussions are really just people trying to make "which one's better" into something you can theoretically measure objectively, usually in a very specific way they think they've predetermined their favorite will win.

@  Otaku : (04 August 2020 - 02:01 AM)

@Nevermore So... you're saying you didn't like DC Versus Marvel/Marvel Versus DC?

@  Steevy Maximus : (03 August 2020 - 06:59 PM)

So, what happened to Hasbro's Zoids relaunch? An English dub, some stuff in southeast Asia, and now a game coming in October? That it?

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 10:46 AM)

Tidal wave, cause shooting water gets you nowhere.

@  Darth Gonzo : (03 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Who would win Tidal Wave or Broadside?

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:17 AM)

Btw Happy birthday to those people in the box to the right \o/

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:16 AM)

The bottom line is obvious. It makes no literal sense to fight someone on your faction. :/

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 06:14 AM)

That's because you're doing it wrong. You're supposed to just stack skills and ability against each other. It's not the palace of doom, it's an episode of american gladiators.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:32 AM)

The only obvious winners of such a fight would be the bad guys.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

And what does it even matter? They should work together, not stupidly fight each other for the mindless entertainment of idiot onlookers.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

Why would two good guys fight each other? What are they fighting over?

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:28 AM)

I never understood these "who would win in a fight between two good guys" discussions. They make no sense to me.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 04:17 PM)

If G1 had continued we'd have had Starscream back in spirit - through Krunk, Snapdragons partner and possibly Skullcruncher unless he was mute.

@  Bass X0 : (02 August 2020 - 12:28 PM)

There are some decent impersonators in fandubs though.

@  -LittleAutob... : (02 August 2020 - 10:45 AM)

The only true Starscream voices are Steve Blum and Chris Latta, hands down.

@  Sabrblade : (02 August 2020 - 10:14 AM)

Why they didn't have Scott McNeil voicing that Starscream, when he was the one who had imitated Chris Latta when he voiced Cobra Commander in the DiC G.I. Joe cartoon, is beyond me.

@  wonko the sane? : (02 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Say what you will, that was an awesome scene.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 08:36 AM)

Beast Wars Starsream "I am AIR COMMANDER Starscream of the DECEPTICON BATTLEFLEET!"

@  Nevermore : (02 August 2020 - 07:02 AM)

I liked TF: Prime Starscream.

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:36 PM)

Hearing Starscream's screechy voice in Cyberverse has to be the most annoying thing ever in Transformers. Even his G1 voice wasn't as bad. :doh

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:35 PM)

KUP!

Photo

Find any Knockoffs lately?

1160 replies to this topic

#1141 Princess Viola

Princess Viola
  • Supporter
  • 29970 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 12 September 2019 - 06:20 AM

Yeah that Devastator is a KO of DX9's Hulkie

dznwjievmaanw90kooil.png

#1142 Dvandom

Dvandom

Purveyor of Ponies. And Physics.

• Supporter
  • 17372 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 14 September 2019 - 05:43 PM

Tuesday Morning is getting in their holiday assortment of knockoffs.  The usual carded mini-sized combiners (I am amused that Bruticus is called AdHoc Fighter), plus they added an upsized Strafe to the Mega-Tech Dinos line.  Dunno what its name is, both of the ones they had were in not-Scorn boxes.

---Dave

DAVE'S WEBPAGES
-- www.eyrie.org/~dvandom/BW --
NEWS, REVIEWS and SIGHTINGS
-- www.dvandom.com --
ARTWORK and IMAGES

Pssst...if you
can't see my images,
try my deviantArt!

#1143 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 9215 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 16 September 2019 - 02:06 PM

From Wish.com (login required to view link) comes what I'm guessing is a KO of a 3P Devastator.  The clever distinguishing feature is that not-Hook's crane splits in two and folds up to become the chest piece.

KOdevastator2019.JPG

Comes as six blister card figures (not-Scavenger gets the hands, not-Scrapper gets the gun), individual figures around 3" tall with decent articulation.  I had to cut a LOT of mold flash off, though.  $34, but about a third of that was shipping cost.  The company name on the blister cards is Bao Hai Xing, but there's a Qinzibuluo sticker on the back of the card, possibly the distributor/wholesaler.

---Dave, also got Jaki's Machine Change Union Lingyao this week, but it seems to be genuine and not a KO.  Nice femme jet, very kibbly in bot mode.

That's ... the oversized Hulkie? I got him and I love him! For the Scrapper anyway. What an amazing small-to-big-but-still-small figure!

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

#1144 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 9215 posts

Posted 16 September 2019 - 02:09 PM

See, I don't know if this is a knock off or not. It's obviously inspired by the Protectobots but the look doesn't evoke Defensor. The package even says Combaticons, haha.

But as a Lego ish figure, he's pretty cool looking for a cop combiner, a guard gestalt. He even has a Rook, hehe. No robot modes though.

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

#1145 unluckiness

unluckiness

Kazuma desu

• Citizen
  • 20321 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 20 September 2019 - 01:35 AM

bRCHeHX.png

AUtobots Babies they make their dreams come true

XgxCpmP.png

#1146 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Administrator
  • 40313 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 30 September 2019 - 03:21 PM

Growing up, my brother and I both each had our own white 4 star starscream toy.

http://www.collectic...-knock-off-500/

We had other seekers too, like Thrust and Ramjet, but I have a soft spot for that white and blue toy. I hate that we broke ours and all I have left is the wings.

I was thinking about trying to kitbash one of the modern seekers to look like this. Before I do that, I had two questions. Am I being crazy? Has it been done before?

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#1147 Telly

Telly

Kelp of discontent

• Retired Staff
  • 8747 posts

Posted 30 September 2019 - 03:35 PM

i had that, or one like it. i know it was white, but i think the stickers were different. 

I was thinking about trying to kitbash one of the modern seekers to look like this. Before I do that, I had two questions. Am I being crazy? Has it been done before?

i can answer the first question: yes you are. not for wanting to do this, but just in general :p

When I die I will surely go to Heaven for i spent my life in Hell

#1148 Dvandom

Dvandom

• Supporter
  • 17372 posts

Posted 30 September 2019 - 09:57 PM

Presenting Warrior Calamity, a sort-of-Stunticons set that adds in a new car and makes Optimus Prime ("Professor Motor") form the mostly unseen spine and shoulders.  Another Wish purchase.  Qman does pretty good combiner sets.  Dainichi not so much.

WarriorCalamity1.JPG

WarriorCalamity2.JPG

---Dave

DAVE'S WEBPAGES
-- www.dvandom.com --
ARTWORK and IMAGES

Pssst...if you
can't see my images,
try my deviantArt!

#1149 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 19740 posts

Posted 05 October 2019 - 01:54 PM

http://www.collectic...-knock-off-500/

We had other seekers too, like Thrust and Ramjet, but I have a soft spot for that white and blue toy. I hate that we broke ours and all I have left is the wings.

That is pretty cool. Painting anything white is a PITA, but it would look sweet if done right. I'm sure there was a white KO of the Classics Seeker mold back in the day (they did pretty much every color under the sun - I think I might have a white and maroon one), but it's also going to be tough to find any of those a decade later.

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#1150 Donocropolis

Donocropolis

Broom broom!

• Citizen
  • 3279 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 03 November 2019 - 09:27 AM

SirToys now has "random" multicolored Cool-Become-Brave combiners.  I've bought a couple of the CBB knockoffs and have been happy with the quality.  Not quite Hasbro, but decent.  The random recolors would be great for custom characters, and the ability to buy individual figures means you can mix and match to make your own fan-combiner.

#1151 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 9215 posts

Posted 28 January 2020 - 06:01 AM

I recognize Cosmos and Ultra Magnus but I don't know who the other two jets are. Is upper orange one Cybertron / Galaxy Force Thrust?

Also, I don't know what subline the green Ultra Magnus is.

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

Episodes here

#1152 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 39394 posts

Posted 04 February 2020 - 01:41 PM

Clockwise from top left- Kabaya Ultra Magnus (with simplified arms and a reworked cab that looks kind of like the Thrilling 30 one), Cybertron Thundercracker with guns stuck to his shoulders instead of one on the forearm, Legends Cosmos, Kabaya Jetfire with a rounded off front on the nosecone.

Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#1153 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30631 posts

Posted 07 February 2020 - 09:51 AM

Just saw this on eBay. It's a striped Cheetor KO that I'd never seen before.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#1154 sparkasylum

sparkasylum
  • Citizen
  • 1376 posts

Posted 07 February 2020 - 09:57 AM

That's no striped Cheetor.... it's a yellowed Tigatron.

Interesting he's got ball-jointed knees.

Edited by sparkasylum, 07 February 2020 - 09:58 AM.

#1155 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30631 posts

Posted 07 February 2020 - 10:01 AM

A little more searching and the same seller has even more KOs of Terrorsaur, Bazooka, Sling, Break, Stampy, and Shadow Panther, the latter of whom looks to have gotten Cheetor's yellow noggin and blue waist piece, explaining Cheetor having Shadow Panther's black head and sliver waist piece.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#1156 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 39394 posts

Posted 10 February 2020 - 05:20 PM

I'd buy it, but the quality looks like total garbage on these.

Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#1157 LiamA

LiamA
  • Citizen
  • 3367 posts

Posted 22 February 2020 - 07:56 AM

https://www.joissu.c...6/#.XlEkofR7m2w

#1158 Dvandom

Dvandom

• Supporter
  • 17372 posts

Posted 13 April 2020 - 09:26 PM

NotBreacher.JPG

Came in the mail today.  I mistakenly thought it was an upscaled Flak.  Not-Breacher has lightpiping, ooh.

---Dave

DAVE'S WEBPAGES
-- www.dvandom.com --
ARTWORK and IMAGES

Pssst...if you
can't see my images,
try my deviantArt!

#1159 tec

tec

Shhhh or she will take your yubi's

• Supporter
  • 32730 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 17 May 2020 - 01:25 AM

Anyone have any info on these guys I used to have a full set back in the day and liked them bought them at Walgreens back in 99 with a few more KOs from there at that time

or if you know of any more Walgreens KOs from that era

s-l16001.jpg s-l16002.jpg

s-l16003.jpg s-l16004.jpg

Visit my store! Vintage toys (SW/ST/TFs Collectables)

www.vintagenerdvana.com

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

#1160 Have a Pickle

Have a Pickle

Have a Pickle

• Supporter
  • 4590 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 02:32 PM

I am looking for the green and purple knockoff of Cyber Battalion Megatron.

Any chance anybody has one for sale or trade?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users