Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Sabrblade : (13 August 2020 - 10:31 PM)

Turns out the President set the whole thing up as a publicity stunt. Very rude.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (13 August 2020 - 08:11 PM)

The ninjas will go away, it will be fine.

@  Paladin : (13 August 2020 - 08:02 PM)

listen; i'm sure there were very fine ninjas on both sides.

@  TheMightyMol... : (13 August 2020 - 07:50 PM)

My thoughts and prayers go out to the ninjas.

@  Cybersnark : (13 August 2020 - 06:36 PM)

Can we just let them have him?

@  Bass X0 : (13 August 2020 - 06:18 PM)

The president has been kidnapped by ninjas. Are you a bad enough dude to rescue the president?

@  Otaku : (13 August 2020 - 03:08 PM)

At first, I obviously thought I was correct.  Then I thought perhaps the spelling had changed for some reason.  Copyright/trademark law is weird, ya know?  Now I just accept I goofed. XD

@  Otaku : (13 August 2020 - 03:07 PM)

See, that one directly applies to me.  Apparently, I'd been misreading and mispronouncing it wrong for over 30 years... and I still slip and do it the wrong way much of the time.

@  Paladin : (13 August 2020 - 07:37 AM)

for the Internet age its the "Berenstain" Effect.

@  Bass X0 : (12 August 2020 - 01:49 PM)

Can you root for what The Rock is cooking!?

@  -LittleAutob... : (12 August 2020 - 10:35 AM)

sOmEoNe NoTiCeD-

@  wonko the sane? : (12 August 2020 - 07:37 AM)

I am the only one rooting for the rock these days?

@  Maximus Ambus : (12 August 2020 - 12:37 AM)

Sour grapes for the next decade until Apophis hits.

@  Hg Dragon : (11 August 2020 - 11:26 PM)

Thank yoo for vatching hydroolic pthress chan-nel.

@  Hg Dragon : (11 August 2020 - 11:19 PM)

Hey, do you have any grapes?

@  Otaku : (11 August 2020 - 05:18 PM)

I dunno... it sounds kind of quackers to me.

@  -LittleAutob... : (11 August 2020 - 05:17 PM)

That would be nice....

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 August 2020 - 04:36 PM)

I wish I could just sit by a pond and watch ducks for a while.

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 August 2020 - 03:52 AM)

Others say Joe sat down at this pond next to these ducks but really there's just no place in this world for an old man and his ducks.

@  Nevermore : (10 August 2020 - 06:48 PM)

Even worse when I can produce those verifiable facts at a later point, and then the other person simply claims the argument was the other way round (as in, I was actually arguing their position and vice versa).

@  Nevermore : (10 August 2020 - 06:47 PM)

I can argue with people about my versus their memory of events when verifiable facts are not readily available, though, and I get really annoyed when I'm capable of presenting a precise, step-by-step summary with multiple key points that can be used for future verification, and the other person just goes "nope, wrong" without going into detail.

@  Nevermore : (10 August 2020 - 06:45 PM)

I forget things, and I misremember things. But when presented with verifiable facts, my reaction is more like "Huh, could have sworn it was like that", not "this reality is not my own".

@  Nevermore : (10 August 2020 - 06:43 PM)

I have an extremely good memory (which I have proven time and again), and even I can be mistaken.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (10 August 2020 - 06:40 PM)

Might be worth pointing out that it only became "Mandela Effect" and not just "I remembered this wrong" when a conspiracy theorist insisted it was proof of alternate timelines.

@  Otaku : (10 August 2020 - 06:29 PM)

Incorrectly remembering Nelson Mandela's fate may be uniquely American... but is it really that strange to get South African political history wrong when you're no where near South Africa?

@  Otaku : (10 August 2020 - 06:29 PM)

I always assumed the Mandela Effect was a "human thing", not an American thing.

@  wonko the sane? : (10 August 2020 - 02:03 PM)

Then there are people who outright manufacture memories for whatever reason.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (10 August 2020 - 01:13 PM)

The human brain is so flaky that it is extremely unlikely that a given person does NOT have any false memories.

@  OverDrive73 : (10 August 2020 - 01:05 PM)

Perhaps it's simple word association the movie Sinbad and then our minds apply the same memories to a man named Sinbad.

@  OverDrive73 : (10 August 2020 - 01:04 PM)

The Mandela Effect is the same as people remembering Sinbad in a movie where he played a genie... Of which he never did.

@  MidnightFox : (10 August 2020 - 09:36 AM)

People that believe Mandela Effect things would rather come up with any number of reasons as to why their version doesn't have any actual evidence(like alternate timelines collapsing into our own) than just admit they remembered something wrong

@  MidnightFox : (10 August 2020 - 09:35 AM)

Sort of. It's more that when presented with a verifiable fact, they double down because it's what they believe instead of changing their minds

@  ▲ndrusi : (10 August 2020 - 09:25 AM)

"I could have sworn that ______."

@  ▲ndrusi : (10 August 2020 - 09:25 AM)

I'm not arguing with either of those two statements, but they're not really connected. Mandela Effect is, to oversimplify, people being widely mistaken about what they think *is* a verifiable fact. Nothing to do with opinions.

@  MidnightFox : (10 August 2020 - 08:52 AM)

Pretty sure the Mandela Effect in general is an American thing. Opinion > Verifiable Facts is sadly a pretty American thing

@  Nevermore : (10 August 2020 - 04:27 AM)

Ask these people how Apartheid ended according to their recollection, and I'm sure they'll draw a blank.

@  Nevermore : (10 August 2020 - 04:25 AM)

You got two black anti-Apartheid activists who were imprisoned by the oppressive regime. One died, the other was Nelson Mandela. It's not a far stretch that Americans who don't know many details about the history of other countries would mix up the two.

@  Nevermore : (10 August 2020 - 04:24 AM)

My own theory is that these people are simply mixing up Nelson Mandela and Steve Biko, another South African anti-Apartheid activist, who did indeed die in police custody in 1977. There was an Oscar-nominated movie about his life starring Denzel Washington that came out in 1987, the same time frame these people claim remembering Mandela dying.

@  Nevermore : (10 August 2020 - 04:17 AM)

I met a few people from South Africa, and they either never heard of the phenomenon at all, or only know of it from the internet. Apparently, it's completely unknown in South Africa, and it might even be entirely limited to the United States.

@  Nevermore : (10 August 2020 - 04:16 AM)

So does anyone remember the "Mandela Effect"? I'm talking specifically about the original case where many people vividly remember Nelson Mandela dying in prison in the 1980s.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (10 August 2020 - 03:16 AM)

Crisis of Corona.

@  TheMightyMol... : (09 August 2020 - 06:16 PM)

Which crisis crossover are we on now? I lost track.

@  Rycochet : (09 August 2020 - 05:18 PM)

Much of the past decade has been the part of the comic series where less than stellar authors have driven the series into the ground and the editors are getting ready to either do a big multi issue crossover, leading to a reboot.

@  Bass X0 : (09 August 2020 - 02:28 PM)

At this point I've just decided to consider 2020 "not canon."

@  TheMightyMol... : (09 August 2020 - 02:18 PM)

'member Pepperidge Farm?

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 August 2020 - 02:10 PM)

Before the 'member berries there was Pepperidge farm. Pepperidge farm remembers.

@  OverDrive73 : (09 August 2020 - 12:21 PM)

>>>Shameless Plug<<< FYI. posted the last part of Quest for Tires in Allspark Pictures

@  SG Roadbuster : (08 August 2020 - 01:53 PM)

@Nevermore yes.

@  Nevermore : (08 August 2020 - 09:11 AM)

Is $30 a good deal for Subscription Service Breakdown?

@  Trpodeca : (08 August 2020 - 06:24 AM)

Oh dear God no. Twitter has changed it's default layout to the terrible new one. Why waste so much space on the left?

Photo

TMNT Live Action Movie

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
807 replies to this topic

#81 NICK NEMESIS

NICK NEMESIS
  • Supporter
  • 17901 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:27 AM

QUOTE(Cheetimus Primal @ Feb 23 2013, 01:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The three turtles would be named Leatherhead, Metalhead and Serge.

Honestly, I laughed.

I'm looking forward to the turtles two friends whom shredder mutates with hog and rhino DNA, to create his lackeys Hip-Hop and Beat Master.
Http://www.scatterville.com

#82 Cheetimus Primal

Cheetimus Primal

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:39 AM

There will be an old asian janitor that would spend his time teaching the turtles how to speak and act and showing them martial arts moves to keep them occupied. After they escape he will be seen looking forlorn as he lost the only friends he had in the world. As he mops we hear him say, "OW!" He looks at his finger and says, "Hmm. A splinter."

And we never see him again.

#83 Pale Rider

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.

• Citizen
  • 9127 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:37 AM

Schadenfreude requires that I welcome this news.

#84 Devcon

Devcon

'Sup?

• Retired Staff
  • 11906 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:35 AM

QUOTE(Cheetimus Primal @ Feb 23 2013, 12:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There will be an old asian janitor that would spend his time teaching the turtles how to speak and act and showing them martial arts moves to keep them occupied. After they escape he will be seen looking forlorn as he lost the only friends he had in the world. As he mops we hear him say, "OW!" He looks at his finger and says, "Hmm. A splinter."

The worst thing about this?

That sounds EXACTLY like something that could happen in this movie.
From the Page of Cage!

#85 unluckiness

unluckiness

Kazuma desu

• Citizen
  • 20325 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:55 AM

Sounds like what a Turtles movie would be like if the people who made that Super Mario Bros. movie made it.
Naturally, i want to see it now.

XgxCpmP.png

#86 D.M

D.M
  • Citizen
  • 3018 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:41 AM

QUOTE(Benbot @ Feb 22 2013, 11:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't understand why he still gets work outside SyFy original movie territory.

Because people keep giving him the money.

QUOTE(Cheetimus Primal @ Feb 22 2013, 11:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't want TF to "recover" as the movies have been nothing but good as far as money and engineering and exposure are concerned. We wouldn't have half the product we have now if not for those movies.

That would be the only good thing to come from this franchise even though it seems to be doing pretty damn good on its own right now.

You could say the same thing for TMNT after Bay Turtles make a billion at the box office...

Edited by D.M, 23 February 2013 - 10:44 AM.

#87 RCX

RCX
  • Retired Staff
  • 2880 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:51 AM

QUOTE(Devcon @ Feb 23 2013, 07:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Cheetimus Primal @ Feb 23 2013, 12:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The worst thing about this?

That sounds EXACTLY like something that could happen in this movie.

The janitor is Jackie Chan, and he says "Hmm. A spRinter."

"I am stronger than you know."
- Rattrap, The Weak Component

#88 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 29228 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:54 PM

I'm starting to think I slighted Bay at some point in the past and he's made it his life to destroy what I love.

If he gets that Gundam movie Sony are floating, that's it. I'm out, man.

Megan Fox as April.....oh so very wrong.

#89 Cheetimus Primal

Cheetimus Primal

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:31 PM

QUOTE(D.M @ Feb 23 2013, 10:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Benbot @ Feb 22 2013, 11:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't understand why he still gets work outside SyFy original movie territory.

Because people keep giving him the money.

QUOTE(Cheetimus Primal @ Feb 22 2013, 11:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't want TF to "recover" as the movies have been nothing but good as far as money and engineering and exposure are concerned. We wouldn't have half the product we have now if not for those movies.

That would be the only good thing to come from this franchise even though it seems to be doing pretty damn good on its own right now.

You could say the same thing for TMNT after Bay Turtles make a billion at the box office...

As I said, in the statement you quoted, that would be the only good thing to come from what looks to be a horrible cap movie. Doesn't mean I WANT the movie to be crap though.

#90 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

Praise be to Stakeout.

• Supporter
  • 27385 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:23 AM

QUOTE(Detour @ Feb 23 2013, 12:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(MrBlud @ Feb 23 2013, 12:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm expecting three blue turtles, who wear astronaut costumes and use their laser guns to fight the evil Shredder, who is a werewolf, and the sinister Krang, who is a female human with the power to control the brains of reptiles.

I kinda want this version now...

Me too.

I'd see it at midnight.

#91 Esser-Z

Esser-Z

I'm never going down at the hands of the likes of you

• Citizen
  • 32946 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:48 AM

QUOTE(▲ndrusi @ Feb 25 2013, 10:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Detour @ Feb 23 2013, 12:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(MrBlud @ Feb 23 2013, 12:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm expecting three blue turtles, who wear astronaut costumes and use their laser guns to fight the evil Shredder, who is a werewolf, and the sinister Krang, who is a female human with the power to control the brains of reptiles.

I kinda want this version now...

Me too.

I'd see it at midnight.

As would I.

#92 Beast Girl

Beast Girl

Yes this is me! GET OVER IT!

• Citizen
  • 3791 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:17 PM

Why couldn't they hire one of the Olsen twins to play April O'Neil? At the very least it would be a little less insulting to the Ninja Turtles fans. icon-waspy.gif
DISCLAIMER!!! The opinions expressed are those of Beast Girl and do not reflect those opinions of the All Spark its staff and administrators or ANYBODY.

#93 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30655 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:41 AM

QUOTE(Optimal-T @ Mar 4 2013, 08:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why couldn't they hire one of the Olsen twins to play April O'Neil? At the very least it would be a little less insulting to the Ninja Turtles fans. icon-waspy.gif
Why, I'd even take Miley freakin' Cyrus of all people over Fox. icon-primal.gif
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#94 2019

• Citizen
  • 42884 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:51 AM

if you can see this, i apologize for the above tweet, i was young and stupid and had nothing of value to say. please support lgbtq rights and listen to women's voices. that's all that really matters now. the right is evil, and should be opposed. thanks.

#95 TriBlurr

TriBlurr

The Purple Monkey

• Citizen
  • 6667 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:52 AM

*claws out his own eyes*

#96 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36725 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:26 AM

So they're trying to make the most cartoony and stylized set of turtles, into what I'm guessing is supposed to be a "realistic" look?

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#97 Detour

Detour

Too lazy to change the avatar but Graham Linehan is a sack of sh

• Supporter
  • 20732 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:19 PM

....Isn't that from an upcoming video game?
http://kotaku.com/59...mes-this-summer

You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

I'm reading that with Roy's voice. Heck, I read everything you post in a laconic Irish accent.

#98 Cyoti

Cyoti
  • Citizen
  • 1093 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:57 PM

Donatello looks like Venus.

#99 2019

• Citizen
  • 42884 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:08 PM

QUOTE(Detour @ Mar 6 2013, 03:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
....Isn't that from an upcoming video game?
http://kotaku.com/59...mes-this-summer

Damn, almost had you guys.

if you can see this, i apologize for the above tweet, i was young and stupid and had nothing of value to say. please support lgbtq rights and listen to women's voices. that's all that really matters now. the right is evil, and should be opposed. thanks.

#100 Beast Girl

Beast Girl

Yes this is me! GET OVER IT!

• Citizen
  • 3791 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:16 AM

They.... can't...... be....... serious?
DISCLAIMER!!! The opinions expressed are those of Beast Girl and do not reflect those opinions of the All Spark its staff and administrators or ANYBODY.