Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Telly : (19 January 2020 - 11:35 PM)

just be happy your walmart even stocks voyagers. mine doesnt

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 January 2020 - 08:53 PM)

Figures that Walmart finally restocks Studio Voyagers...with Wave ONE

@  ThunderWear : (19 January 2020 - 09:27 AM)

I snagged Rainmakers for half off.  They make me want jolly ranchers.

@  Trpodeca : (18 January 2020 - 04:21 PM)

I was using my account on another comptuer, and oddly it seemed to default to $US rather than converting it.

@  TM2-Megatron : (18 January 2020 - 02:02 PM)

You should be able to set eBay to display in your local currency, although personally I like to know the actual currency the item is listed in so I know if I need to account for forex fees or not

@  Trpodeca : (18 January 2020 - 06:34 AM)

I'd also like to take the opportunity to say I despise Ebay for showing the list prices in US money.

@  Trpodeca : (18 January 2020 - 06:23 AM)

Well there is an overpriced limited edition, but I don't want to pay that much money for it.

@  Trpodeca : (18 January 2020 - 06:21 AM)

Well great. The one Usagi Yojimbo volume I don't have and it's out of stock.

@  Rycochet : (17 January 2020 - 06:15 PM)

I both love and hate that the Alien franchise seems to have had more luck finding a niche as a line of children's toys than it has at producing worthwhile films.

@  Donocropolis : (17 January 2020 - 06:35 AM)

I've seen them on the shelves at Walmart. They're pretty great looking retro Aliens toys. https://www.walmart....-Vary/934039489

@  fourteenwings : (17 January 2020 - 01:11 AM)

IIRC somebody on here mentioned an unbranded Alien toy a couple of weeks ago? It seems like it was actually part of a collection for the Alien movie series by Lanard. Mattel's making some stuff too.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (16 January 2020 - 03:12 PM)

Is it really a worse name than say, HMS Spanker?

@  Maximus Ambus : (16 January 2020 - 02:36 PM)

'Boaty McBoatface' was a actual thing?! Wow.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (14 January 2020 - 02:00 PM)

Might be worth bringing back this thread.

@  ThunderWear : (14 January 2020 - 01:53 PM)

Of course I had the idea to download all the pdfs like a week too late. Anyone got an archive?

@  Steevy Maximus : (14 January 2020 - 12:48 PM)

The Collector Club is dead. Seems like it all came down shortly after New Year

@  ThunderWear : (13 January 2020 - 11:06 PM)

I can't get to the collector club website. anyone else? I was literally going to download all the fiction to finish reading.

@  Maximus Ambus : (13 January 2020 - 04:50 AM)

News today is all 'there's a CHANCE it would snow in July' and 'dogs COULD bite back'.

@  Benbot : (12 January 2020 - 10:05 PM)

Holy crap, do many people get hurt by them?

@  wonko the sane? : (12 January 2020 - 02:11 PM)

Even in fallout, they never carpet bombed with nukes.

@  Maximus Ambus : (12 January 2020 - 12:43 PM)

I hope the stockpiled nuclear weapons of the US and Russia are accounted for then.

@  Nevermore : (12 January 2020 - 12:22 PM)

Geez. 1760 (!) bombs from World War II that had not detonated and were still armed have been found. That's only the numbers for the federal state of Germany I live in, and only for the first three quarters of 2019. For all of 2018, the total number was 2811 (!!) bombs.

@  CVReynolds : (11 January 2020 - 11:05 PM)

I've been wanting a Tarantulas that turns into a more realistic tarantula for a long time. Maybe Takara will someday do a Masterpiece, which would be neat. But I really want to see a modernized look like in the IDW comics.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (11 January 2020 - 09:43 PM)

We need more Waspinators.. and rattraps.

@  Ashley : (11 January 2020 - 07:09 PM)

I'm on board with that

@  Dekafox : (11 January 2020 - 06:17 PM)

What I'm hearing is we need Cyberverse Waspinator

@  NotVeryKnightly : (10 January 2020 - 01:27 AM)

He's appeared across more branding changes than Waspinator, so maybe it's more the other way around.

@  Ashley : (10 January 2020 - 12:01 AM)

is C3PO the Waspinator of Star Wars? he'll live forever, because it's funny for him to suffer

@  Sabrblade : (09 January 2020 - 11:52 PM)

He's still waiting for them to be funny.

@  ▲ndrusi : (09 January 2020 - 10:35 PM)

Why?

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 January 2020 - 04:02 PM)

I've been watching South Park, Family Guy and The Simpsons with a straight face for a decade now.

@  wonko the sane? : (09 January 2020 - 03:18 PM)

If that's what it takes to get you to take the medication, sure.

@  Bass X0 : (09 January 2020 - 01:52 PM)

If I go crazy, will you still call me Superman?

@  fourteenwings : (09 January 2020 - 11:37 AM)

I mean, it is easier to protect HDDs, and you can retransfer the data over and over forever?

@  NotVeryKnightly : (09 January 2020 - 10:45 AM)

Not in this comparison. He's making his own files, so they're (presumably) not restricted by DRM, so he can copy them as many times as he wants. It's potentially more reliable in the long term than hoping the specific copies you originally bought never accrue any damage for the rest of your life.

@  Echowarrior : (09 January 2020 - 10:44 AM)

I prefer physical copies too. Easier to protect something physical and tangible.

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 January 2020 - 09:55 AM)

I prefer having physical copies.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (09 January 2020 - 08:56 AM)

I have plenty of physical media I turn into digital media for my plex server. Just finished ripping Ultra Seven

@  fourteenwings : (09 January 2020 - 08:50 AM)

Isn't the general consensus that we're supposed to be over physical media anyways?

@  Paladin : (09 January 2020 - 08:17 AM)

i still don't own a Blu-Ray player.

@  TheMightyMol... : (09 January 2020 - 07:35 AM)

My current TV works just fine. I don't see a need to upgrade. And by the time I do, the Next Big Thing will probably be out anyway.

@  Benbot : (09 January 2020 - 03:58 AM)

Me neither. I'm no rebel, though. I'm just poor.

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 January 2020 - 03:38 AM)

I haven't gone 4K yet, I'm a rebel.

@  Ashley : (07 January 2020 - 11:50 PM)

the comic theme is amazing

@  Bass X0 : (07 January 2020 - 03:18 PM)

Sounds like Victor Caroli but I’m not sure.

@  Bass X0 : (07 January 2020 - 02:35 PM)

Should I recognise the narrator of the Mutant Hunt trailer?

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 January 2020 - 04:30 AM)

I got me Titans Return Blaster, now watch them unveil Earthrise Blaster and Generations Perceptor, a retool of Titans Blaster.

@  ThunderWear : (06 January 2020 - 10:22 PM)

I recently switched to to the comic theme here at the Allspark and I'm so happy I just want to look at it.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (06 January 2020 - 08:12 AM)

Can you not take so many lines to say anything?

@  fourteenwings : (06 January 2020 - 07:47 AM)

Iunno, maybe people having unique pronunciations of things re:how they understand language makes the world a more colourful place, rather than one where we correct every seemingly grievous error?

Photo

TMNT Live Action Movie

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
807 replies to this topic

#41 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 46729 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:19 PM

Megan Fox in new TMNT?

#42 Cheetimus Primal

Cheetimus Primal

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:21 PM

Rust, that is very insensitive of you. She may not be good but she's still an actress that needs work and clearly needs all of our support to fight back against all the naysayers. We must defend her virtue at all costs!
24674394486_13a96b16e0_o.jpg

#43 Fishbug

Fishbug

Coming out of my can and I've been doing just fine

• Citizen
  • 11941 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:36 PM

An actress I don't give two jives about is in a movie I don't give three jives about! This deserves my complete attention! TIRADE!
25aputg.jpg
#WHERESINJECTOR

#44 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 46729 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:42 PM

Yeah, no. Her last major roles were Jennifer's Body and Jonah Hex.

Halle Berry - a Oscar winning actress - had her career go up in utter flames with one bad casting decision.

#45 Megaplexia Prime

Megaplexia Prime

With a lactating basilisk and a K-sized Sharoda!

• Citizen
  • 4637 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:19 PM

QUOTE(God Fire Ginrai @ Feb 22 2013, 03:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can't hate it 'til I see it.

Sure you can; it's your god-given right as a fanboy! icon-fire.gif

Judge me when you're happy with your life.

#46 Detour

Detour

Too lazy to change the avatar but Graham Linehan is a sack of sh

• Supporter
  • 20685 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:32 PM

You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

I'm reading that with Roy's voice. Heck, I read everything you post in a laconic Irish accent.

#47 God Fire Ginrai

God Fire Ginrai
  • Citizen
  • 1331 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:32 PM

QUOTE(Rust @ Feb 22 2013, 03:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, no. Her last major roles were Jennifer's Body and Jonah Hex.

Halle Berry - a Oscar winning actress - had her career go up in utter flames with one bad casting decision.

I can't stand Halle Berry. I'll just never get over what a diva she's been with the X-Men franchise. Off topic, but whatever.

Fox doesn't kill this movie for me at all. Neither of the first two Aprils were particularly good either. She magazine hot, not movie hot, but I'll get over it.

#48 CORVUS

CORVUS

Everyone has secrets.

• Supporter
  • 32939 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:33 PM

QUOTE(Cheetimus Primal @ Feb 22 2013, 02:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You guys are right. I'm totally a douchebag for disliking her as a performer and not wanting her to have a key role in a property I hold near and dear to me. I am SUCH a jackass for wanting an actress that I don't dislike on sight not only because of her piss poor acting "skills" but also because she is always treated like eye candy and I don't find her attractive at all.

I am SO terrible.

Actually, its not disliking her as a performer that I have an issue with. I don't think she's a good actress either.

Its the people who act like she's akin to a murderer or something for simply appearing in a movie. Lets face it, some people act as if armageddon is nigh because she gets cast in something, or acts as if she's a TERRIBLE PERSON. After a while that sort of hyperbole and anger becomes ridiculous.

And frankly, this move by Bay just does not come as a shock to me. At this point when his name appears upon an upcoming film, I just shake my head and move on.

Edited by CORVUS, 22 February 2013 - 04:38 PM.

“She went around with the attitude that she would rather be beaten to death than take any shit.” - Stieg Larsson

#49 Cheetimus Primal

Cheetimus Primal

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:42 PM

QUOTE(CORVUS @ Feb 22 2013, 04:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You guys are right. I'm totally a douchebag for disliking her as a performer and not wanting her to have a key role in a property I hold near and dear to me. I am SUCH a jackass for wanting an actress that I don't dislike on sight not only because of her piss poor acting "skills" but also because she is always treated like eye candy and I don't find her attractive at all.

I am SO terrible.

Actually, its not disliking her as a performer that I have an issue with. I don't think she's a good actress either.

Its the people who act like she's akin to a murderer or something for simply appearing in a movie.

And frankly, this move by Bay just does not come as a shock to me. At this point when his name appears upon an upcoming film, I just shake my head and move on.

Her involvement is a sign of Bay having too much control and making this into another Transformers which a lot of people are not excited about regardless of what the box office numbers say. TMNT has die hard fans that have been trying to ignore the script leaks and Bay nonsense and now it's hard to ignore that stuff and be positive anymore. She sucks and tossing her in there is a sign of how this film is going to be treated from top to bottom.

So yeah, fans have a right to be upset. Getting on their backs over it is just nonsense and I'm kinda tired of seeing this new trend of hating on the haters just because. No one has said anything overly offensive except that weird comment about cutting him open with a spoon... Other than that there is no reason to be pissy at the people that do not like this casting choice.

#50 Cheetimus Primal

Cheetimus Primal

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:43 PM

QUOTE(CORVUS @ Feb 22 2013, 04:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
as if she's a TERRIBLE PERSON.

She IS a terrible person. Everyone that has worked with her has said as much. That's not why people are upset but don't try to defend her as an individual when the record shows she is a piece of crap.

#51 Benbot

Benbot

What a nerd

• Supporter
  • 5522 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:02 PM

I'm less upset about Megan Fox possibly being in the Turtles movie than the fact that Michael Bay still draws breath a paycheck from utterly destroying everything that is decent about these 80s properties. Sorry for the melodrama, but I don't know if Transformers will ever recover from what he has done. He's Uwe Boll with a budget. I don't understand why he still gets work outside SyFy original movie territory.

#52 Cheetimus Primal

Cheetimus Primal

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:04 PM

I don't want TF to "recover" as the movies have been nothing but good as far as money and engineering and exposure are concerned. We wouldn't have half the product we have now if not for those movies.

That would be the only good thing to come from this franchise even though it seems to be doing pretty damn good on its own right now.

#53 NICK NEMESIS

NICK NEMESIS

Www.scatterville.com

• Supporter
  • 17113 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:39 PM

QUOTE(CORVUS @ Feb 22 2013, 05:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am SO terrible.

Its the people who act like she's akin to a murderer or something for simply appearing in a movie. Lets face it, some people act as if armageddon is nigh because she gets cast in something, or acts as if she's a TERRIBLE PERSON. After a while that sort of hyperbole and anger becomes ridiculous.

Pretty much, yeah.

The last time she got mentioned, the conversation took a turn I'm still trying to forget. If anything, saying what we've said has saved the thread at least 3-4 pages, before it would've gotten to this point anyways.

Now I'm wondering if this April is going to be a scientist, or a reporter. Or maybe she's the daughter of an astronaut who brought the turtles eggs back from space.
Http://www.scatterville.com

#54 Cheetimus Primal

Cheetimus Primal

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:46 PM

Yeah but no. No no no no no.
I remember that thread and it was gross and ridiculous. Nothing in this thread got that far and saying it's ok to jump on people for disliking her as an actress is perfectly ok because you're afraid some random people would say some gross stuff in the future is ridiculous. This isn't Minority Report. We aren't out to prevent future crimes or prosecute thought crimes.

I HATE MEGAN FOX!
I DON'T WANT HER IN ANY MOVIE I WANT TO SEE!

That is a perfectly ok thing to say and I can scream it from the hill tops if I want to regardless of some random garbage that has been posted in the past. And the only reason that thread is even being brought up now is because of your post.

You guys are being ridiculous. You you be so defensive if a crappy actor was named to play Casey Jones? I highly doubt it.
Just ridiculous...

Edited by Cheetimus Primal, 22 February 2013 - 05:49 PM.

#55 Fishbug

Fishbug

Coming out of my can and I've been doing just fine

• Citizen
  • 11941 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:54 PM

QUOTE(Cheetimus Primal @ Feb 22 2013, 04:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I HATE MEGAN FOX!
I DON'T WANT HER IN ANY MOVIE I WANT TO SEE!

If Megan Fox is in it then it's not a movie you want to see, so what's the problem?

25aputg.jpg
#WHERESINJECTOR

#56 Cheetimus Primal

Cheetimus Primal

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:59 PM

Because you've never complained about anything in your life?

Seriously, the holier than thou attitude towards anyone that complains about anything gets old as hell. People WANT to enjoy a movie about a property they like. How is that hard to understand? People WANT to like it but are having a hard time doing so because they are unhappy with the choices being made.

Edited by Cheetimus Primal, 22 February 2013 - 05:59 PM.

#57 Cheetimus Primal

Cheetimus Primal

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:04 PM

Screw it, I'm letting it go. You guys have fun brow beating people for disliking what they dislike. I'm out.

#58 Creature SH

Creature SH

Condimented

• Supporter
  • 6133 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:43 PM

Megan Fox being in that movie just means that I'm not going to see it even harder.

j1GI7Gi.gif

#59 DINOBOT SLUDGE

DINOBOT SLUDGE

Jungle Warrior

• Citizen
  • 6975 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:43 PM

Life is hugging hilarious.

I feel really bad for what the TMNT fans are about to go through.
What is singature?

#60 CORVUS

CORVUS

Everyone has secrets.

• Supporter
  • 32939 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:50 PM

QUOTE(Cheetimus Primal @ Feb 22 2013, 04:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So yeah, fans have a right to be upset. Getting on their backs over it is just nonsense and I'm kinda tired of seeing this new trend of hating on the haters just because. No one has said anything overly offensive except that weird comment about cutting him open with a spoon... Other than that there is no reason to be pissy at the people that do not like this casting choice.

This is the last I'm going to say on the subject. I don't know what has made my posts so seemingly incomprehensible of late, but its getting tiresome.

Getting upset is one thing. Fans have a right to be upset. I would think that after 9 damn years on this board it would be understood that I think people have a right to be upset when something they deeply want gets pissed all over and jived upon.

All I'm saying that there's a point at which the anger becomes ridiculous and overblown. And that is ALL I am saying.

If that makes me pissy, if that makes me a hater, so be it. I'm not going to go round-and-round about this with you, or anyone else. I'm hugging done.

Edited by CORVUS, 22 February 2013 - 06:51 PM.

“She went around with the attitude that she would rather be beaten to death than take any shit.” - Stieg Larsson