Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Bass X0 : (16 July 2020 - 09:43 AM)

Circuit-breaker '84, this is Megatron's rubber duck. We've got ourselves a Rodimus Convoy. Do you copy? Over.

@  fourteenwings : (16 July 2020 - 07:06 AM)

I'm not going to sit here and bicker with you. I've made my point very clear and have nothing more to say on the issue.

@  ▲ndrusi : (16 July 2020 - 07:00 AM)

I can't do anything to prevent hurricanes either but it'd be absurd to suggest I therefore shouldn't talk about them.

@  fourteenwings : (16 July 2020 - 06:57 AM)

Basically neither you nor I even like South Park anyways so the best you can do is leave it alone rather than suggest it is corrupting hearts and minds.

@  ▲ndrusi : (16 July 2020 - 06:55 AM)

In that case I'm... not sure what the point is?

@  fourteenwings : (16 July 2020 - 06:53 AM)

Nobody should be taking their morals from South Park. You can't prevent people from doing it. It's an artistic work with fans. I don't think I'm off-track.

@  ▲ndrusi : (16 July 2020 - 06:51 AM)

As far as I can tell you just of course'd the thing you were poopooing...

@  fourteenwings : (16 July 2020 - 06:47 AM)

Also, this is starting to get a bit too serious for the shoutbox (though it already was)

@  fourteenwings : (16 July 2020 - 06:47 AM)

"It's that they're internalizing the overall attitude that the writers display through the show's writing." Of course, that's South Park's "artistic" style. It's what South Park's audience wants, and that's okay.

@  ▲ndrusi : (16 July 2020 - 06:47 AM)

You can probably finish the sentence "I got 50% of my sense of humor from" with the name of some fictional work.

@  fourteenwings : (16 July 2020 - 06:45 AM)

And it still wouldn't be S.W.A.T.'ss or Grey's Anatomy's or South Park's fault.

@  ▲ndrusi : (16 July 2020 - 06:45 AM)

The idea isn't that people are taking South Park's in-universe parody moral lessons seriously (though as Nevermore points out, you can't safely assume that isn't also happening). It's that they're internalizing the overall attitude that the writers display through the show's writing.

@  fourteenwings : (16 July 2020 - 06:45 AM)

"People say" those people are right, and you should listen to them. We can't protect people from themselves, but you can advise them well.

@  Nevermore : (16 July 2020 - 06:27 AM)

So many medical disasters because someone took what they saw on a hospital show at face value.

@  Nevermore : (16 July 2020 - 06:25 AM)

So many people who think police and court procedure works like it does in Hollywood, and act accordingly. Sometimes to their own disadvantage, sometimes just to the frustration of well-meaning authorities.

@  Nevermore : (16 July 2020 - 06:24 AM)

People say "you shouldn't take your morals from a TV show" all the time, but regardless of how these people want things to work doesn't mean other people aren't doing it anyways.

@  fourteenwings : (16 July 2020 - 06:01 AM)

And I mean, if you're looking for a 1950s conservative position on something, it's certainly that a TV show is rotting children's minds.

@  fourteenwings : (16 July 2020 - 06:00 AM)

Conservatives are not hiding under the bed waiting to ruin... uh... Family Guy of all things? And like, nobody should be taking their morals from South Park. Expecting such things is impractical.

@  Maximus Ambus : (16 July 2020 - 01:10 AM)

It was just the cartoon with those foul mouthed kids in the UK until that bubble burst after the movie. Reviewers joked the movies target audience would be unable to see it for the rating.

@  Paladin : (15 July 2020 - 05:14 PM)

see also: "South Park." the show that poisoned a generation by teaching them "it's stupid to feel for other people."

@  Rycochet : (15 July 2020 - 11:04 AM)

'Take that! People who care about things!'

@  Rycochet : (15 July 2020 - 11:02 AM)

With Brian, he stopped being the voice of reason and started to be the right wing notion of a liberal, someone who's lazy, pretentious, doesn't work at anything, is every bit as abusive as the rest of the cast and only wins arguments with strawmen.

@  Otaku : (15 July 2020 - 10:56 AM)

Of course, I stopped enjoying Family Guy around that time, so my bias is clear. XP

@  Otaku : (15 July 2020 - 10:54 AM)

Is it because they changed or we changed?  Stuff that was charming, or at least, funny at first can get really annoying the longer you know a person... and I find that can go for fictional characters as well.

@  ▲ndrusi : (15 July 2020 - 08:03 AM)

familyguyjar.png

@  Maximus Ambus : (15 July 2020 - 03:45 AM)

One example is Family Guy where around season 8 Brian is suddenly reviled by everyone and has acted way out of character since.

@  Maximus Ambus : (15 July 2020 - 03:44 AM)

My least favorite thing in fiction is when it changes hands so you get a author, writer or showrunner who hates a character or messes with a arc/layout.

@  Sabrblade : (14 July 2020 - 06:02 PM)

You'll shoot yer eye out, kid.

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 July 2020 - 04:36 PM)

I shot the sheriff.

@  ▲ndrusi : (14 July 2020 - 04:24 PM)

han wasn't even in the movie until later

@  ▲ndrusi : (14 July 2020 - 04:23 PM)

the stormtroopers shot first

@  Sabrblade : (14 July 2020 - 03:33 PM)

Maclunkey

@  Paladin : (14 July 2020 - 06:18 AM)

the correct answwer to "who shot first" will always be "Harrison Ford if he ever hears that hugging question again."

@  Maximus Ambus : (14 July 2020 - 12:25 AM)

Han shot first. Plain and simple.

@  -LittleAutob... : (13 July 2020 - 06:21 PM)

\(-_-)

@  Bass X0 : (13 July 2020 - 05:26 PM)

"Here's a little---whatever. A little thing. A disclosure. An insight. Revisionism---I've always been fascinated by it. By the idea of a writer going back and altering things. Make no mistake: an edit is a profoundly aggressive act. As Froid once said, we grieve for the murdered word. If you want to get the measure of an author, don't look at what they've left on the page.... look at what they've taken away." -- Rung (MTMTE #28)

@  Verno : (11 July 2020 - 11:20 PM)

2021: :idea :rolleyes :p :D

@  -LittleAutob... : (11 July 2020 - 06:20 PM)

Perfection. :thumbsup

@  Patch : (11 July 2020 - 06:17 PM)

My plans:  :hmm  2020:  :)

@  -LittleAutob... : (11 July 2020 - 06:02 PM)

Our plans for 2020 were as amazing as Optimus Prime. But then 2020 came like Hot Rod.

@  -LittleAutob... : (11 July 2020 - 05:50 PM)

Indeed....

@  Bass X0 : (11 July 2020 - 05:40 PM)

"He who dies with the most toys wins."

@  Rycochet : (11 July 2020 - 01:11 PM)

Hey you, get moving, it's not too far, you're looking good so come as you are. Hey you, you never know what you'll see, when it's through that door with the 73.

@  Rycochet : (11 July 2020 - 01:10 PM)

Hey you, get ready, get on your feet. Get into gear and hit the street.

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 July 2020 - 12:46 PM)

I recall number 73 (old british show) discussing the Transformers movie and had the presenters trying to transform a few figures, one argued his deflated beach ball was a Transformer too.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (11 July 2020 - 08:03 AM)

And he's a big ball, but he's not the biggest ball of them all. (That'll be Pulse Unicron.)

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 July 2020 - 07:37 AM)

Trypticon so scared my Primus figure he turned into a ball.

@  ▲ndrusi : (09 July 2020 - 09:56 PM)

King Nine, however, will not return.

@  Bass X0 : (09 July 2020 - 05:05 PM)

Bass_X0 will return after these messages ^^^

@  TheMightyMol... : (09 July 2020 - 03:37 PM)

WHATAMIFIGHTINGFOOOOOOOOARRGH

Photo

TMNT Live Action Movie

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
807 replies to this topic

#1 Cheetimus Primal

Cheetimus Primal

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:57 PM

http://comicbook.com...as-april-oneil/
In spite of a high-profile break with the Transformers franchise and a media storm that followed alleging that she and filmmaker Michael Bay couldn?t get along, Megan Fox is back in Bay?s fold, starring as (probably) April O?Neil in the upcoming Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles reimagining, Ninja Turtles.

Now referring to the film as ?TMNT,? Bay just released a brief statement that simply read, ?TMNT: we are bringing Megan Fox back into the family!?

April O?Neil is starting to make the rounds, most likely on the grounds that she?s the female lead in all of the source material. It?s unlikely Bay will add another without removing April first.

That?s awful friendly, considering that not long ago, Fox compared Bay to Hitler on the set of the Transformers films and called him ?a nightmare to work for.?

I hope and pray this is NOT true.

It's a good thing I'm too sick to flip any tables right now.

#2 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36720 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:13 PM

Yeah... This is really bad new... Its one thing if she's playing her own character, and its flat. But an established character like April needs to be more brains then looks.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#3 Esser-Z

Esser-Z

I'm never going down at the hands of the likes of you

• Citizen
  • 32946 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:14 PM

He should cast April O'Neil instead.

#4 Paladin

Paladin

Have Zord, Will Travel

• Citizen
  • 13384 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:23 PM

What if Megan ends up playing Venus de Milo??
Stuff for sale; every little bit helps. :) https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/143212-for-sale-3p-mp-potp-super-sentai-stuff TWITTER: Paladin4221

#5 God Fire Ginrai

God Fire Ginrai
  • Citizen
  • 1331 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:24 PM

I'm sort of flat lined over this possible news. Megan Fox is eye candy, not sure I'm willing to give her much beyond that. Also, she's probably about the age to play the traditional April role. Oddly, having given the new series a chance, I kind of like the profile of the new April even more. I'm sure this will be Bay's own re-imagining of the character, but whatever. I can't hate it 'til I see it.

If Shia stars as Casey Jones, I quit.

#6 NICK NEMESIS

NICK NEMESIS
  • Supporter
  • 17757 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:25 PM

If this goes well she'll probably make her way into transformers 5 too.

Man, what am I supposed to hope for here?
Http://www.scatterville.com

#7 Rhinox

Rhinox

Yeah, I'm kind of pissy.

• Supporter
  • 14319 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:32 PM

Piss poor timing to make up with his car washer. Just terrible news, I was quite content with her acting career in the gutter, where it belongs.

"Why does history repeat itself? Because God doesn't have TiVo."

Wounds of honor are always self inflicted.

#8 Cabooceratops

Cabooceratops

Former Staff~

• Citizen
  • 22999 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:37 PM

Megan Fox is inoffensive, even entertaining, enough, in a supporting role, but I can't really see her pulling off a character like April O'Neal.

Like my art? I do commissions!! -> https://www.allspark...

#9 Demovere Xeno

Demovere Xeno

Not a model, perhaps

• Citizen
  • 3968 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:51 PM

.........Well, she's a brunette like the original Mirage April, at least. icon-waspy.gif

#10 Lizard King

Lizard King

I burned out my eyes, I cut off my tounge.

• Citizen
  • 9610 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:58 AM

I'm so hugging frightened

#11 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30422 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:05 AM

QUOTE(God Fire Ginrai @ Feb 21 2013, 10:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If Shia stars as Casey Jones, I quit.
Nah, Megan will be Casey Jones. icon-waspy.gif
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#12 Detour

Detour

Too lazy to change the avatar but Graham Linehan is a sack of sh

• Supporter
  • 20725 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:41 AM

At this point, I think Michael Bay is just trolling with the TMNT fandom. Getting them riled up for giggles.

You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

I'm reading that with Roy's voice. Heck, I read everything you post in a laconic Irish accent.

#13 D Immortalis

D Immortalis

I've gotta make the world know my name...

• Citizen
  • 3887 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:08 AM

Perhaps Fox'll play some kind of semi-attractive girl whos already hideous thumbs are mutated even more? =]

_+-=-+DAEMON IMMORTALIS+-=-+_

I see behind a thousand lies that you try to hide

I bleed inside: you left your knife but I'm still alive
I...love the way you kill me
I love the way you watch me die

Life or death a bullet to the chest
I'd do it again...
Just when I think I've cut you out
You come with open arms to drag me down

#14 Bass X0

Bass X0
  • Citizen
  • 44215 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:30 AM

I disagree that Megan Fox is eye candy. She doesn't do anything for me. She's generic wannabe eye candy.

Just because you can't win doesn't mean you stop working.

#15 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 43525 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:38 AM

I hope she plays baxter stockman. AFTER the mutation into a fly.
Per Nick Nemesis's Suggestion: I hate everything.

#16 Kevin S

Kevin S

Unswerving in my duties

• Supporter
  • 6016 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:43 AM

I really hope Nickelodeon doesn't think they need to ditch the CGI TMNT, and come up with something that fits in with Bay's movie (other studios have done similar to good shows, Hasbro got rid of Renegades, for that reason). Especially, if he ends up turning the story into Alien Turtles & ditches the Mutant/Ninja motif of the comics/cartoon.

Frankly, I'd like to see this movie bomb enough that Bay's movie career is done. I can't stand his movies, which are all show & no content.
My FlickR folder...

And yes, I was too lazy to come up with a decent TF related forum name, and just *GASP* used my own.

#17 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Staff
  • 40142 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:47 AM

Maybe she will play the Shredder?

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#18 Benbot

Benbot

What a nerd

• Supporter
  • 5674 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:51 AM

God I hate Michael Bay with the burning fire of a billion suns.

#19 Zyking

Zyking

Totally one of gods gifts to women!

• Supporter
  • 5675 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:53 AM

I don't really get the hatred people have for Megan Fox in particular.

While she is far away from being oscar material, she is not too bad really.

And yeah, she is attractive. And yeah, thats kind of her appeal for producers and directors.

Everybody is on attack/defence, depending on stance, when somebody really attractive makes it in Hollywood, it seems.

Its the "she don't really deserve it" gene most of us have. I am as guilty as everyone, to be fair. icon-hotrod.gif

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it". - Upton Sinclair.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning". - Rick Cook, The Wizardry Compiled.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider than that!" - George Carlin.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans". -John Lennon.

"A lot of things have been done in the name of Jesus that heaven does not approve of" - Jostein Gaarder.

"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, surrounded by bungholes." -William Gibson

#20 Cheetimus Primal

Cheetimus Primal

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:59 AM

She blinked one eye at a time in TF 07. Her acting is crap. She's also a terrible person.
Oh, and I'm not at all attracted to her.