Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  TheMightyMol... : (09 August 2020 - 06:16 PM)

Which crisis crossover are we on now? I lost track.

@  Rycochet : (09 August 2020 - 05:18 PM)

Much of the past decade has been the part of the comic series where less than stellar authors have driven the series into the ground and the editors are getting ready to either do a big multi issue crossover, leading to a reboot.

@  Bass X0 : (09 August 2020 - 02:28 PM)

At this point I've just decided to consider 2020 "not canon."

@  TheMightyMol... : (09 August 2020 - 02:18 PM)

'member Pepperidge Farm?

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 August 2020 - 02:10 PM)

Before the 'member berries there was Pepperidge farm. Pepperidge farm remembers.

@  OverDrive73 : (09 August 2020 - 12:21 PM)

>>>Shameless Plug<<< FYI. posted the last part of Quest for Tires in Allspark Pictures

@  SG Roadbuster : (08 August 2020 - 01:53 PM)

@Nevermore yes.

@  Nevermore : (08 August 2020 - 09:11 AM)

Is $30 a good deal for Subscription Service Breakdown?

@  Trpodeca : (08 August 2020 - 06:24 AM)

Oh dear God no. Twitter has changed it's default layout to the terrible new one. Why waste so much space on the left?

@  Steevy Maximus : (07 August 2020 - 08:28 PM)

@Bass X0, yeah, the Joe comic got REALLY solid in the upper 20s to the Cobra Civil War. It's interesting to see how well the Joe comic has aged relative to the cartoon. Where as I feel the opposite is true of Transformers

@  -LittleAutob... : (07 August 2020 - 03:58 PM)

Its so fun watching past TF Conventions.

@  Bass X0 : (07 August 2020 - 02:20 PM)

I've been reading classic 80s G.I. Joe lately. Its still decent even though I don't have any nostalgia towards it.

@  Sabrblade : (07 August 2020 - 08:50 AM)

Think of it as Adam West Batman instead. ;)

@  wonko the sane? : (07 August 2020 - 07:49 AM)

That sounds more like the flash, or maybe booster gold than batman.

@  Sabrblade : (07 August 2020 - 12:27 AM)

They would get bored fighting each other and instead decide to take an epic cross-country road trip together.

@  RichardT1977 : (06 August 2020 - 08:57 PM)

What would happen if Batman were to fight Squirrel Girl?

@  PlutoniumBoss : (04 August 2020 - 09:03 PM)

Unless you count the Mask vs Lobo special, but that's less a duel and more a duet.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (04 August 2020 - 08:52 PM)

My favorite crossover fight was Thor vs Shazam/Captain Marvel. Early in the fight, Thor discovers that Billy Batson needs lightning to transform, and being a god of lightning he simply denies him that.

@  Sabrblade : (04 August 2020 - 08:46 PM)

Let's see a fight between Death Battle and Super Power Beat Down

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 August 2020 - 06:15 PM)

Which Lobo later claimed was because he was paid to take a dive. Yes, really.

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 August 2020 - 06:15 PM)

And then there's the times it's been decided by a fan vote, which is how we get things like Lobo (who can go toe-to-toe with Superman at full strength) losing to Wolverine.

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:49 PM)

And then there are the "but my favorite characater will totes win because I say so" people.

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:49 PM)

I mean, there are some people who really approach this from a somewhat reasonable standpoint, coming up with a plausible scenario and a setting that creates a fair environment that doesn't favor one character.

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:46 PM)

My favorite stupid "why would they even fight each other" question recently was about three versions of Optimus Prime (G1, Bayverse and Aligned).

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:45 PM)

Batman obviously can beat everyone. Even Galactus. He's Batman. He's so smart, he'll just throw a Batarang and hit the weak spot at Galactus's forehead, knocking him out instantaneously.

@  wonko the sane? : (04 August 2020 - 11:37 AM)

It's almost like all drama is just manufactured pissing contests to keep us all entertained and distracted. :p

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (04 August 2020 - 10:16 AM)

Or they could go White Ranger vs Scorpion route and have both win. ;P

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:35 AM)

Besides, we all know the answer is nearly always "they fight to a standstill and then team up against a common enemy."

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:29 AM)

The best way to prove this is to give an example where the match is really lopsided in favor of one character but in popularity they're either evenly matched or the weaker one is more popular.

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:27 AM)

The "who would win in a fight" discussions are really just people trying to make "which one's better" into something you can theoretically measure objectively, usually in a very specific way they think they've predetermined their favorite will win.

@  Otaku : (04 August 2020 - 02:01 AM)

@Nevermore So... you're saying you didn't like DC Versus Marvel/Marvel Versus DC?

@  Steevy Maximus : (03 August 2020 - 06:59 PM)

So, what happened to Hasbro's Zoids relaunch? An English dub, some stuff in southeast Asia, and now a game coming in October? That it?

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 10:46 AM)

Tidal wave, cause shooting water gets you nowhere.

@  Darth Gonzo : (03 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Who would win Tidal Wave or Broadside?

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:17 AM)

Btw Happy birthday to those people in the box to the right \o/

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:16 AM)

The bottom line is obvious. It makes no literal sense to fight someone on your faction. :/

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 06:14 AM)

That's because you're doing it wrong. You're supposed to just stack skills and ability against each other. It's not the palace of doom, it's an episode of american gladiators.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:32 AM)

The only obvious winners of such a fight would be the bad guys.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

And what does it even matter? They should work together, not stupidly fight each other for the mindless entertainment of idiot onlookers.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

Why would two good guys fight each other? What are they fighting over?

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:28 AM)

I never understood these "who would win in a fight between two good guys" discussions. They make no sense to me.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 04:17 PM)

If G1 had continued we'd have had Starscream back in spirit - through Krunk, Snapdragons partner and possibly Skullcruncher unless he was mute.

@  Bass X0 : (02 August 2020 - 12:28 PM)

There are some decent impersonators in fandubs though.

@  -LittleAutob... : (02 August 2020 - 10:45 AM)

The only true Starscream voices are Steve Blum and Chris Latta, hands down.

@  Sabrblade : (02 August 2020 - 10:14 AM)

Why they didn't have Scott McNeil voicing that Starscream, when he was the one who had imitated Chris Latta when he voiced Cobra Commander in the DiC G.I. Joe cartoon, is beyond me.

@  wonko the sane? : (02 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Say what you will, that was an awesome scene.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 08:36 AM)

Beast Wars Starsream "I am AIR COMMANDER Starscream of the DECEPTICON BATTLEFLEET!"

@  Nevermore : (02 August 2020 - 07:02 AM)

I liked TF: Prime Starscream.

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:36 PM)

Hearing Starscream's screechy voice in Cyberverse has to be the most annoying thing ever in Transformers. Even his G1 voice wasn't as bad. :doh

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:35 PM)

KUP!

Photo

Sony Playstation 4 thread

1065 replies to this topic

#21 Jet

Jet

Runaway Raccoon

• Citizen
  • 25000 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:03 PM

Jeez, cloud-driven backwards compatibility? I understand the Vita not being backwards-compatible, what with using carts insteada UMDs, but if this is another disk system, there's not really any excuse for that other than Sony wants to make you buy your old games again. The pay-for-online would be a deal-killer if I gave a fig about online, but that's pretty much gonna kill the only advantage Sony's online had over Xbox Live.

Jeez, Sony, I've been with you since PS1, but you really seem to love dicking over your customers.

D&D has to report to shareholders. Pathfinder only has to impress its neckbeards.

#22 Zyking

Zyking

Totally one of gods gifts to women!

• Supporter
  • 5675 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:19 PM

Well I guess one can hope that Sony is doing the pay-for-online move to enable a better price point of Orbis.

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it". - Upton Sinclair.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning". - Rick Cook, The Wizardry Compiled.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider than that!" - George Carlin.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans". -John Lennon.

"A lot of things have been done in the name of Jesus that heaven does not approve of" - Jostein Gaarder.

"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, surrounded by bungholes." -William Gibson

#23 awa64

awa64
  • Citizen
  • 12625 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:21 PM

QUOTE(Spin Out @ Feb 20 2013, 05:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jeez, cloud-driven backwards compatibility? I understand the Vita not being backwards-compatible, what with using carts insteada UMDs, but if this is another disk system, there's not really any excuse for that other than Sony wants to make you buy your old games again. The pay-for-online would be a deal-killer if I gave a fig about online, but that's pretty much gonna kill the only advantage Sony's online had over Xbox Live.

Jeez, Sony, I've been with you since PS1, but you really seem to love dicking over your customers.

The excuse is "Sony took a bath on their custom Cell chip design, and instead of it being used in everything from toasters to televisions it was only ever really used in the PS3, so they're switching to a much more affordable-to-develop AMD chip this time. As a result, unless they basically want to put a PS3-on-a-chip into the new system, and increase the cost of the system by the price of a PS3, they can't do built-in backwards-compatibility."

(FYI, the PS2 had a PS1 in it, and the launch PS3s had PS2s in them. The former used it for an I/O coprocessor, the latter used it pretty much exclusively to not have people scream bloody murder about the lack of backwards compatibility and they axed it in a desperate attempt to save money.)

#24 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 48083 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:31 PM

In the era of Digital Media, it really is baffling that "Backwards Compatibility" is still something that can be denied. More then that, it's baffling why something like that is still tolerated.

My games are mine. I bought them once - I shouldn't have to buy them again.

Edited by Rust, 20 February 2013 - 04:31 PM.

#25 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Administrator
  • 40313 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:36 PM

Plus it would be neat if they had a subscription based service for BC games. want to play PS3 games on a PS4? Subscribe to PSN+ for $15 a month for unlimited gameplay of all the titles that they can get to sign on.

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#26 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 43599 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:38 PM

QUOTE(Rust @ Feb 20 2013, 05:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In the era of Digital Media, it really is baffling that "Backwards Compatibility" is still something that can be denied. More then that, it's baffling why something like that is still tolerated.

My games are mine. I bought them once - I shouldn't have to buy them again.

No, your game DISCS (or carts as the case may be.) are yours. Content of the media is irrelevant and valuable only until the system the media was meant to play in no longer works ( or is available.). The games are property of the company and you can be damned well sure that they will take every opportunity to sell them to you for as long as the market will put up with it.

In short: They don't care if you've already bought "stranger's wrath" 7 times, they only care if you'll buy it 8.
Per Nick Nemesis's Suggestion: I hate everything.

#27 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 48083 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:41 PM

QUOTE(wonko the sane? @ Feb 20 2013, 03:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, your game DISCS (or carts as the case may be.) are yours. Content of the media is irrelevant and valuable only until the system the media was meant to play in no longer works ( or is available.). The games are property of the company and you can be damned well sure that they will take every opportunity to sell them to you for as long as the market will put up with it.

In short: They don't care if you've already bought "stranger's wrath" 7 times, they only care if you'll buy it 8.

That's what I mean. In the era of Digital Media (Steam, MP3s, etc) why is this mentality still tolerated?

#28 Jet

Jet

Runaway Raccoon

• Citizen
  • 25000 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:46 PM

QUOTE(Rust @ Feb 20 2013, 04:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's what I mean. In the era of Digital Media (Steam, MP3s, etc) why is this mentality still tolerated?

Because when it comes to money, corporations are never satisfied.

D&D has to report to shareholders. Pathfinder only has to impress its neckbeards.

#29 Ashley

Ashley

The nerd formerly known as Waspinator

• Citizen
  • 23929 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:48 PM

Streaming games will always be a bad idea unless some kind of lag-reducing pixie dust is invented.
If you can read this, you don't need glasses.

#30 skankerzero

skankerzero

Back in DFW!

• Citizen
  • 7459 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:49 PM

Here we go.

So we can all play along together

-----------
jesse sosa
owner / creative director
Dinosaur Games

#31 Corgis Pal

Corgis Pal

I don't need a rationale to sing The Internationale

• Supporter
  • 6210 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:57 PM

What's this duck business?

Also, awa, swear filter.

Edited by corgsopal, 20 February 2013 - 04:57 PM.

#32 awa64

awa64
  • Citizen
  • 12625 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:58 PM

QUOTE(corgsopal @ Feb 20 2013, 05:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What's this duck business?

Also, awa, swear filter.

Thanks.

(Duck = Sony likes using duck-in-bathtub as a tech demo to show water simulation.)

Edited by awa64, 20 February 2013 - 05:01 PM.

#33 2019

• Citizen
  • 42884 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:05 PM

Less than an hour.

if you can see this, i apologize for the above tweet, i was young and stupid and had nothing of value to say. please support lgbtq rights and listen to women's voices. that's all that really matters now. the right is evil, and should be opposed. thanks.

#34 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 48083 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:07 PM

I'm not seeing a "Hit the Weak Spot for Massive Damage".

#35 Corgis Pal

Corgis Pal

I don't need a rationale to sing The Internationale

• Supporter
  • 6210 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:11 PM

QUOTE(Rust @ Feb 20 2013, 03:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not seeing a "Hit the Weak Spot for Massive Damage".

It's on the giant enemy crab.

#36 Automan2000

Automan2000

Liberati tutumet ex infernis

• Supporter
  • 4542 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:16 PM

- Controller: Similar design as before, only now with a small LCD touchpad screen on top, move functionality and such

That's an automatic pass for me. Unless they can move their controller setup into the 21st century I am not using that medieval torture device.

#37 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 43599 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:50 PM

QUOTE(Rust @ Feb 20 2013, 05:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Because corporations are positively midievil when it comes to copyrights, IP's and making money hand over fist?
Per Nick Nemesis's Suggestion: I hate everything.

#38 2019

• Citizen
  • 42884 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:51 PM

Ten minutes remaining!

if you can see this, i apologize for the above tweet, i was young and stupid and had nothing of value to say. please support lgbtq rights and listen to women's voices. that's all that really matters now. the right is evil, and should be opposed. thanks.

#39 awa64

awa64
  • Citizen
  • 12625 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:02 PM

Oh, good. Sniping at Microsoft and Nintendo in the opening video.

#40 Zyking

Zyking

Totally one of gods gifts to women!

• Supporter
  • 5675 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:07 PM

Heh, IGN.com is probably getting nuked right about now......

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it". - Upton Sinclair.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning". - Rick Cook, The Wizardry Compiled.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider than that!" - George Carlin.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans". -John Lennon.

"A lot of things have been done in the name of Jesus that heaven does not approve of" - Jostein Gaarder.

"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, surrounded by bungholes." -William Gibson

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users