The official specs from Sony:
- Main Processor: Single chip custom processor. CPU is an x86-64 AMD "Jaguar", 8 cores.
- GPU is an custom made AMD next-generation Radeon graphics engine rated at 1.84 teraflops with 18 unified Compute Units. Based on the Radeon 7000-series desktop graphics cards.
- Memory: 8GB GDDR5 with 176GB/s bandwidth.
- Hard Drive: Built-in ( No word on capacity )
- Optical Drive (read only): BD 6x CAV, DVD 8x CAV
- I/O: Super-Speed USB 3.0, Aux (for PS4 Eye)
- Communication: Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T), IEEE 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 2.1 (EDR)
- AV Output: HDMI, Analogue AV out, optical digital audio output
- Controller: DualShock 4, Move features, small touchpad screen, share button, headphone socket. Similar in design as before.
Other info and some rumors
- Easy to develop for
- Developers seems to be pleased with its performance and abilities
- Focus on sharing and social gaming, like posting videos of ones gameplay, realtime streaming of gameplay, chat rooms etc etc
- New UI and menus
- Connectivity with Vita - Offscreen play Wii U style!
- Backwards compability with PS3 games is unclear, but it is said to have som form of cloud-based backwards compability
- Will likely have Paid subscription for "most" of its online features, similar to Xbox Live, and the ability to hook up your smartphone, similar to SmartGlass.
- Price is rumored to be in the $400-450 range, probably ?400 in the UK, ?400-450 in Eurozone. Although a report say that one version of the Orbis will cost $529.
- Rumored to come out in November this year.
- Killzone Shadow Fall
- Some racing game ( Will find name... )
- Infamous: Second Son
- The Witness
- Deep down. ( from Capcom )
- Watch Dogs
- Diablo 3 ( Yes the one from Blizzard! )
- Destiny ( from Bungie )
- EA, Activision, Ubisoft, Square Enix etc etc all on board for PS4.
Edited by Zyking, 22 February 2013 - 09:52 AM.