Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 August 2020 - 02:47 AM)

Fake news, no shinobi.

@  Sabrblade : (13 August 2020 - 10:31 PM)

Turns out the President set the whole thing up as a publicity stunt. Very rude.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (13 August 2020 - 08:11 PM)

The ninjas will go away, it will be fine.

@  Paladin : (13 August 2020 - 08:02 PM)

listen; i'm sure there were very fine ninjas on both sides.

@  TheMightyMol... : (13 August 2020 - 07:50 PM)

My thoughts and prayers go out to the ninjas.

@  Cybersnark : (13 August 2020 - 06:36 PM)

Can we just let them have him?

@  Bass X0 : (13 August 2020 - 06:18 PM)

The president has been kidnapped by ninjas. Are you a bad enough dude to rescue the president?

@  Otaku : (13 August 2020 - 03:08 PM)

At first, I obviously thought I was correct.  Then I thought perhaps the spelling had changed for some reason.  Copyright/trademark law is weird, ya know?  Now I just accept I goofed. XD

@  Otaku : (13 August 2020 - 03:07 PM)

See, that one directly applies to me.  Apparently, I'd been misreading and mispronouncing it wrong for over 30 years... and I still slip and do it the wrong way much of the time.

@  Paladin : (13 August 2020 - 07:37 AM)

for the Internet age its the "Berenstain" Effect.

@  Bass X0 : (12 August 2020 - 01:49 PM)

Can you root for what The Rock is cooking!?

@  -LittleAutob... : (12 August 2020 - 10:35 AM)

sOmEoNe NoTiCeD-

@  wonko the sane? : (12 August 2020 - 07:37 AM)

I am the only one rooting for the rock these days?

@  Maximus Ambus : (12 August 2020 - 12:37 AM)

Sour grapes for the next decade until Apophis hits.

@  Hg Dragon : (11 August 2020 - 11:26 PM)

Thank yoo for vatching hydroolic pthress chan-nel.

@  Hg Dragon : (11 August 2020 - 11:19 PM)

Hey, do you have any grapes?

@  Otaku : (11 August 2020 - 05:18 PM)

I dunno... it sounds kind of quackers to me.

@  -LittleAutob... : (11 August 2020 - 05:17 PM)

That would be nice....

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 August 2020 - 04:36 PM)

I wish I could just sit by a pond and watch ducks for a while.

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 August 2020 - 03:52 AM)

Others say Joe sat down at this pond next to these ducks but really there's just no place in this world for an old man and his ducks.

@  Nevermore : (10 August 2020 - 06:48 PM)

Even worse when I can produce those verifiable facts at a later point, and then the other person simply claims the argument was the other way round (as in, I was actually arguing their position and vice versa).

@  Nevermore : (10 August 2020 - 06:47 PM)

I can argue with people about my versus their memory of events when verifiable facts are not readily available, though, and I get really annoyed when I'm capable of presenting a precise, step-by-step summary with multiple key points that can be used for future verification, and the other person just goes "nope, wrong" without going into detail.

@  Nevermore : (10 August 2020 - 06:45 PM)

I forget things, and I misremember things. But when presented with verifiable facts, my reaction is more like "Huh, could have sworn it was like that", not "this reality is not my own".

@  Nevermore : (10 August 2020 - 06:43 PM)

I have an extremely good memory (which I have proven time and again), and even I can be mistaken.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (10 August 2020 - 06:40 PM)

Might be worth pointing out that it only became "Mandela Effect" and not just "I remembered this wrong" when a conspiracy theorist insisted it was proof of alternate timelines.

@  Otaku : (10 August 2020 - 06:29 PM)

Incorrectly remembering Nelson Mandela's fate may be uniquely American... but is it really that strange to get South African political history wrong when you're no where near South Africa?

@  Otaku : (10 August 2020 - 06:29 PM)

I always assumed the Mandela Effect was a "human thing", not an American thing.

@  wonko the sane? : (10 August 2020 - 02:03 PM)

Then there are people who outright manufacture memories for whatever reason.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (10 August 2020 - 01:13 PM)

The human brain is so flaky that it is extremely unlikely that a given person does NOT have any false memories.

@  OverDrive73 : (10 August 2020 - 01:05 PM)

Perhaps it's simple word association the movie Sinbad and then our minds apply the same memories to a man named Sinbad.

@  OverDrive73 : (10 August 2020 - 01:04 PM)

The Mandela Effect is the same as people remembering Sinbad in a movie where he played a genie... Of which he never did.

@  MidnightFox : (10 August 2020 - 09:36 AM)

People that believe Mandela Effect things would rather come up with any number of reasons as to why their version doesn't have any actual evidence(like alternate timelines collapsing into our own) than just admit they remembered something wrong

@  MidnightFox : (10 August 2020 - 09:35 AM)

Sort of. It's more that when presented with a verifiable fact, they double down because it's what they believe instead of changing their minds

@  ▲ndrusi : (10 August 2020 - 09:25 AM)

"I could have sworn that ______."

@  ▲ndrusi : (10 August 2020 - 09:25 AM)

I'm not arguing with either of those two statements, but they're not really connected. Mandela Effect is, to oversimplify, people being widely mistaken about what they think *is* a verifiable fact. Nothing to do with opinions.

@  MidnightFox : (10 August 2020 - 08:52 AM)

Pretty sure the Mandela Effect in general is an American thing. Opinion > Verifiable Facts is sadly a pretty American thing

@  Nevermore : (10 August 2020 - 04:27 AM)

Ask these people how Apartheid ended according to their recollection, and I'm sure they'll draw a blank.

@  Nevermore : (10 August 2020 - 04:25 AM)

You got two black anti-Apartheid activists who were imprisoned by the oppressive regime. One died, the other was Nelson Mandela. It's not a far stretch that Americans who don't know many details about the history of other countries would mix up the two.

@  Nevermore : (10 August 2020 - 04:24 AM)

My own theory is that these people are simply mixing up Nelson Mandela and Steve Biko, another South African anti-Apartheid activist, who did indeed die in police custody in 1977. There was an Oscar-nominated movie about his life starring Denzel Washington that came out in 1987, the same time frame these people claim remembering Mandela dying.

@  Nevermore : (10 August 2020 - 04:17 AM)

I met a few people from South Africa, and they either never heard of the phenomenon at all, or only know of it from the internet. Apparently, it's completely unknown in South Africa, and it might even be entirely limited to the United States.

@  Nevermore : (10 August 2020 - 04:16 AM)

So does anyone remember the "Mandela Effect"? I'm talking specifically about the original case where many people vividly remember Nelson Mandela dying in prison in the 1980s.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (10 August 2020 - 03:16 AM)

Crisis of Corona.

@  TheMightyMol... : (09 August 2020 - 06:16 PM)

Which crisis crossover are we on now? I lost track.

@  Rycochet : (09 August 2020 - 05:18 PM)

Much of the past decade has been the part of the comic series where less than stellar authors have driven the series into the ground and the editors are getting ready to either do a big multi issue crossover, leading to a reboot.

@  Bass X0 : (09 August 2020 - 02:28 PM)

At this point I've just decided to consider 2020 "not canon."

@  TheMightyMol... : (09 August 2020 - 02:18 PM)

'member Pepperidge Farm?

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 August 2020 - 02:10 PM)

Before the 'member berries there was Pepperidge farm. Pepperidge farm remembers.

@  OverDrive73 : (09 August 2020 - 12:21 PM)

>>>Shameless Plug<<< FYI. posted the last part of Quest for Tires in Allspark Pictures

@  SG Roadbuster : (08 August 2020 - 01:53 PM)

@Nevermore yes.

@  Nevermore : (08 August 2020 - 09:11 AM)

Is $30 a good deal for Subscription Service Breakdown?

Photo

Destiny 2: Electric Staff Boogaloo

1343 replies to this topic

#1221 Rhinox

Rhinox

Yeah, I'm kind of pissy.

• Supporter
  • 14356 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 31 October 2019 - 09:02 AM

It is on the moon.  You have to do a little quest for Eris to 'charge' an item in order to gain access.  

Pit of Heresy I believe it's called.  

It's a difficult thing.  There's a lot of figuring stuff out involved.  

"Why does history repeat itself? Because God doesn't have TiVo."

Wounds of honor are always self inflicted.

#1222 Marduk

Marduk
  • Citizen
  • 1746 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 09:48 AM

So definitely not soloable at this point?

I still have to work on Shattered Throne, honestly. Gave that a try only to find out that the ogres in part II (?) kicked my butt.

I'm mostly looking for the gun grind this FoTL. How bad is it? Figure a 950 item would be really nice to my poor 907 Titan.

I thought that last year's "Ritual" stuff was annoying. At least I could level up then. This year is taking FOREVER. Prime Engrams aren't dropping & like half the weekly stuff for powerful gear is gone.

~Marduk

#1223 Rhinox

Rhinox

Yeah, I'm kind of pissy.

• Supporter
  • 14356 posts

Posted 02 November 2019 - 11:21 AM

You can run it solo, but I wouldn't.  My friend and I were able to 2 man it till the alter scene, where the damage from incoming enemies became too much.  You also have to have someone stand on an alter plate while gathering materials to open a door.  I suppose you could solo it, but you're going to have to be amazingly high in level.

#1224 Marduk

Marduk
  • Citizen
  • 1746 posts

Posted 03 November 2019 - 03:18 PM

Got my 950 auto. Gave up and just grinded out the last 30 or so chocolate strange coins via patrols.

I now am pretty much done with Festival of the Lost. If there's something interesting next reset, great. If not? Eh. Back to either not playing or playing at my own pace.

Auto rifle brought me to 920. I've still got some powerfuls to do this week so we'll see where I end up from that.

I think Iron Banner is next week. I miss the old days when I could get drops instead of doing the quests.

~Marduk

#1225 Rhinox

Rhinox

Yeah, I'm kind of pissy.

• Supporter
  • 14356 posts

Posted 03 December 2019 - 03:03 PM

So we have some details on the new Season of Dawn coming.  And with it comes a suprising resurrection from the past, Saint 14 is coming!

Just for fun I pulled the paradox out of my vault and got it to appropriate light level.  I've forgotten just how wicked it is.  

#1226 Ironbite

Ironbite

REJOICE! THE KING OF TIME HAS ARRIVED!

• Supporter
  • 29067 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 03 December 2019 - 03:50 PM

I managed to get my Sweet Business up to snuff.  My god I had forgotten the power of that gun to just mow down anything in front of it.  Meanwhile, my Nameless Midnight is still the workhorse of my scout rifles.  Also bows are fun.

Ironbite-especially with explosive arrowheads.

xC9l3eY.gif

#1227 Marduk

Marduk
  • Citizen
  • 1746 posts

Posted 06 December 2019 - 11:49 AM

Here I am stuck using a Tigerspite & the Halloween event auto.  I... really miss Y1 weapons. I haven't found anything in Forsaken / Shadowkeep that feels "right."

I pulled all the stuff out of the, uh, Annual Pass? Battle Pass? That thing that gave us Undying. Thank god you could repeat those Vex bounties in Artifact's Edge on Nessus.

Also managed to get all three IB armors in this last go. That was tough. Probably going to be wearing those for a bit because they're at least at max power and I still haven't figured out what the heck Armor 2.0 is supposed to be doing.

Looking forward to Dawn, I think. More stuff involving Titans is always good.

~Marduk

#1228 Rhinox

Rhinox

Yeah, I'm kind of pissy.

• Supporter
  • 14356 posts

Posted 09 December 2019 - 01:53 AM

I recommend grabbing the Forge auto rifle.  It's very good, right up there with tigerspite and Horror Story.  

decided to stop being lazy and get some things done.  got all the cat statues from the dreaming city.  was a fun half hour.  

#1229 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Administrator
  • 40332 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 15 March 2020 - 12:49 PM

I finally transferred my Warlock over from Battle.net to Steam, and I am enjoying the new content so far, and having fun upgrading my gear. 

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#1230 Marduk

Marduk
  • Citizen
  • 1746 posts

Posted 15 March 2020 - 02:42 PM

Season of whatever the heck the last one was had some good content.

I'm... burnt out, I guess. I logged in for Season of the Worthy and I just don't want to do it. I'll grind out the battle pass eventually - because there's some cool stuff later on - but, I dunno.

Do LOVE including Rasputin more. Finally we're picking up on plotlines from Y1.

~Marduk

#1231 Ironbite

Ironbite

• Supporter
  • 29067 posts

Posted 15 March 2020 - 02:46 PM

Season of the Worthy is just.....bad.  Bad bad bad bad bad.  At least, according to everything I've read online.  I can't say that I agree but this first week has been really rough.

Ironbite-I miss the Sundial event.

xC9l3eY.gif

#1232 videomaster21XX

videomaster21XX

I wanna sing a song!

• Citizen
  • 5522 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 15 March 2020 - 11:13 PM

So there is a glitch right now in The normal version of the Whisper of the Worm quest, as well as both Outbreak quests that has you doing insane amounts of damage, to the point you can pretty much one shot bosses.

Friends and I just got Whisper while it's bugged.

It's a secret to everybody

Spoiler

#1233 Rhinox

Rhinox

Yeah, I'm kind of pissy.

• Supporter
  • 14356 posts

Posted 16 March 2020 - 10:32 AM

I got the title from last season.  I was super excited about it.  

This season just straight up sucks right now.  It'll get easier as light levels rise, but things aren't dropping like they're supposed to so you can hit that soft cap or 1000. 

This is farming just to farm and it doesn't advance the plot much, doesn't do much of anything.  I'm very disappointed.  It also helps that the titan armor sets all look just hugging terrible.  

#1234 ChessPieceFace

ChessPieceFace

I have approximate knowledge of many things

• Retired Staff
  • 23159 posts

Posted 16 March 2020 - 01:00 PM

I don't have Whisper because I can't jump for shit. Same goes for Outbreak. I could probably handle the shooting bits.

#1235 Ironbite

Ironbite

• Supporter
  • 29067 posts

Posted 16 March 2020 - 04:13 PM

I got the title from last season.  I was super excited about it.  

This season just straight up sucks right now.  It'll get easier as light levels rise, but things aren't dropping like they're supposed to so you can hit that soft cap or 1000. 

This is farming just to farm and it doesn't advance the plot much, doesn't do much of anything.  I'm very disappointed.  It also helps that the titan armor sets all look just hugging terrible.  

This.  Oh so this.  You're just farming to farm really.  And with the Bunkers the way they are, unless you're insane with the grind, you'll never get 'em up to Rank 3 by the time the next Bunker opens up.

Ironbite-ahh well, such is life.

xC9l3eY.gif

#1236 videomaster21XX

videomaster21XX

I wanna sing a song!

• Citizen
  • 5522 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 17 March 2020 - 09:34 AM

A shame, I thought the story idea of trying to stop a ship from crashing into the city was good, but if the grind is that bad I'll never see it complete. Not with Doom Eternal and RE3 Remake right around the corner.

Also of course the big thing is "Trials are back!"

Bungie, I'm not doing PVP shit. You can stop trying.

It's a secret to everybody

Spoiler

#1237 Rhinox

Rhinox

Yeah, I'm kind of pissy.

• Supporter
  • 14356 posts

Posted 17 March 2020 - 11:00 AM

at the end of the day, this just isn't fun.  The public event is difficult to the point of annoyance, especially because you have to rely on random people dropping in.  The grind on top of the grind for Rasputin just highlights how hard it is to unlock anything.  It's hair pulling hard.  They hand out those bits with frikken tweezers.  I mean, I get that the first season pass had a ton of their currency everywhere.  hard to run out.  They've pendulum swung way too hard in the wrong direction for this one.  

#1238 The Predaking

The Predaking

• Administrator
  • 40332 posts

Posted 21 March 2020 - 11:21 AM

So what is the free player item level at now? I have seemed to be hitting a few that are 953, but most are 950 now. Have I reached the item level cap or should I be farming a specific area now? 

#1239 The Predaking

The Predaking

• Administrator
  • 40332 posts

Posted 23 March 2020 - 09:31 AM

Its been a slow grind, but I making my way up. I have been getting gear anywhere between 952-957.  Having a blast running around doing quests and seeing how far I can go until I run into needed to buy an expansion or a season pass. 

#1240 The Predaking

The Predaking

• Administrator
  • 40332 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 07:51 PM

I am now up to 965. Running a lot of strikes, and spending a lot of glimmer to get bonus challenges. 

I still need to try the osiris challenges. 

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users