Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  MEDdMI : (24 May 2019 - 07:40 AM)

They fight you with sparkles.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 May 2019 - 03:40 AM)

Phyrexians are the bishie-est.

@  unluckiness : (24 May 2019 - 12:29 AM)

That's why they always wear long sleeved shirts and long pants

@  fourteenwings : (23 May 2019 - 11:36 PM)

Everybody knows the most bishie thing about any bishie is his exposed sinew.

@  MEDdMI : (23 May 2019 - 10:04 PM)

*looks up the humanoid slivers* ...really? People were calling those bishies?

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 May 2019 - 12:45 PM)

Have they made a sliver planeswalker yet?

@  RichardT1977 : (23 May 2019 - 10:29 AM)

"DECOMPOSE!"

@  Paladin : (23 May 2019 - 06:29 AM)

will they next evolve into Inhumanoids?

@  Ashley : (23 May 2019 - 02:42 AM)

the original slivers were spikey monsters. then the evolved into humanoids. now they're back to spikey bug monsters.

@  MEDdMI : (22 May 2019 - 10:42 PM)

Wait. Slivers were bishies???

@  unluckiness : (22 May 2019 - 10:40 PM)

They haven't necessarily looped yet. It's possible they're stuck in "yaoi anatomy"

@  Ashley : (22 May 2019 - 10:35 PM)

I think Slivers in MTG have crossed the bishonen line and looped back around to monstrous

@  wonko the sane? : (22 May 2019 - 09:48 PM)

Maxi, provigo, loblaws.

@  RichardT1977 : (22 May 2019 - 09:42 PM)

Which store brand is it?

@  wonko the sane? : (22 May 2019 - 05:52 PM)

I need to buy more "no name" foods. This pizza is freaking awesome.

@  Bass X0 : (20 May 2019 - 11:16 AM)

SEND THE BOOKS!!

@  Cybersnark : (20 May 2019 - 08:52 AM)

So, now that Game of Thrones is over, when can we get back to The Dragon Prince?

@  unluckiness : (20 May 2019 - 12:19 AM)

Like, half of them nowadays are montages of tweet screencaps from the writer's inbox

@  unluckiness : (20 May 2019 - 12:18 AM)

lol you expected integrity from internet news

@  fourteenwings : (19 May 2019 - 11:33 PM)

I'm mostly confused how news sites went from "Analysing all the amazingness of Game of Thrones" to "Fans sure don't like this season!", like... way to prioritize clicks over a solid editorial opinion

@  fourteenwings : (19 May 2019 - 11:30 PM)

[and there's a recurring setting of a "derelict industrial site"] is this like the Toei Quarry?

@  MEDdMI : (19 May 2019 - 11:17 PM)

@Foffy and then that giant lasagna just tipped over and killed everyone, to be later known as the infamous Bad Monday event.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (19 May 2019 - 10:59 PM)

Ahahaha!!! Go read the reactions for yourself. To say anything more here risks spoiling the finale for subscribing Allsparkers, the quality of this season notwithstanding.

@  Foffy : (19 May 2019 - 10:59 PM)

pretty wild how heathcliff was in the game of thrones finale, i was not expecting that crossover

@  TM2-Megatron : (19 May 2019 - 10:48 PM)

were they still super pissed?

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (19 May 2019 - 10:48 PM)

Well, as someone who is not into Game of Thrones, it sure was entertaining to open up social media this evening to unexpectedly see headlines about fan reactions to the finale. Lmao.

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:12 PM)

But it's also a SUPER-well known location in my region, so these extensive exterior shots without any post production alterations completely ruin the illusion for me.

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:11 PM)

I mean, I get why they did it: It's an existing location that fits the purpose, it's open for the public, and they had to shoot some scenes in my home state anyway to due a subsidizing deal.

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:09 PM)

Needless to say, it's not in Berlin, and even what's seen onscreen is waaaaay too modern for something that's supposed to exist in 1929 (even moreso as a derelict site in 1929). The structures seen haven't even been built until the 1960s!

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:07 PM)

I'm currently in the process of watching season 2 of Babylon Berlin, and there's a recurring setting of a "derelict industrial site" or whatever it's supposed to be on the show, and I easily recognize it as a place only a few minutes from where I live (it's actually a former ironworks site that's been turned into a public park).

@  Xellos : (19 May 2019 - 05:52 PM)

Ever since I went to Japan last year, I have friend who dread watching anime with me due to that...

@  Xellos : (19 May 2019 - 05:51 PM)

Not hugely, but I am the type to notice places once I have been there and say "Hey, I've been there!"

@  wonko the sane? : (19 May 2019 - 05:50 PM)

Half of new york city (on tape.) is actually montreal.

@  TM2-Megatron : (19 May 2019 - 05:50 PM)

I watched Death Wish 5 last night and clearly recognized Toronto streets; didn't pull me out of Bronson's 1-man war on drugs or fashion or whatever it was that pissed him off that time

@  TM2-Megatron : (19 May 2019 - 05:49 PM)

it's nice to finally be thought of as exotic by somebody! lol

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 05:48 PM)

In an "I cannot possibly make my brain ignore the location I'm familiar with and pretend it's whatever the story claims it is" way?

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 05:42 PM)

Question for those of you living in exotic locations such as the US or the UK: If you watch a movie or a TV show that features a real-life location as a stand-in for someplace else, and you recognize the real-life location due to having been there in person, does that pull you out of the story?

@  Xellos : (19 May 2019 - 05:15 PM)

Maybe you should have installed macOS in your house instead.

@  Noideaforaname : (19 May 2019 - 04:40 PM)

Nothing like coming home after a long day to find a bird in the house. And then once you sit down for a well-earned rest after leading the bird back outside, you find it had a friend. A friend who *really* doesn't understand how windows work...

@  PlutoniumBoss : (19 May 2019 - 01:26 PM)

Bingo. The big polls don't tell people what's actually happening because that doesn't sell.

@  fourteenwings : (19 May 2019 - 10:59 AM)

IIRC there are good polls but data is easily manipulated so they give people what they want to hear

@  wonko the sane? : (19 May 2019 - 10:58 AM)

The only way to get people interested in politics is to make into reality TV. So they lie to do it.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (19 May 2019 - 01:38 AM)

Yeah, polling these days is garbage.

@  Sean Whitmore : (18 May 2019 - 11:53 PM)

Well, he was an honest man. He wasn’t gonna lie to a 5-year-old.

@  Paladin : (18 May 2019 - 08:34 PM)

Grandfather once said to me, "I'm going upstairs and hug your grandma."

@  Sabrblade : (18 May 2019 - 07:08 PM)

Mama always said that you can tell a lot 'bout a person from 'is shoes...

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 May 2019 - 03:54 PM)

Life is like a box of chocolates. Stay out of the sun or melt into a pile of gross slop.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 May 2019 - 10:26 AM)

Greasy, disappointing and still managing to be over priced?

@  Lancer : (18 May 2019 - 10:22 AM)

... Yes, it is!

@  Noideaforaname : (18 May 2019 - 09:48 AM)

Life's a fillet of fish!

Photo

Destiny 2: Electric Staff Boogaloo

1185 replies to this topic

#1161 Rhinox

Rhinox

Yeah, I'm kind of pissy.

• Supporter
  • 14104 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 24 October 2018 - 10:47 AM

Well shit.  So you stash it into your inventory and hope to get better drops with it pushing your light up.  

"Why does history repeat itself? Because God doesn't have TiVo."

Wounds of honor are always self inflicted.

#1162 ChessPieceFace

ChessPieceFace

I have approximate knowledge of many things

• Retired Staff
  • 22957 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 11:48 AM

Well shit.  So you stash it into your inventory and hope to get better drops with it pushing your light up.  

Which, to be clear, totally works and works well (unless you get 3 Kinetic Weapon powerful drops in a row, like I did yesterday and Monday). I just wanted to use my Better Devils in PVE without impacting my equipped power level.

#1163 Rhinox

Rhinox

Yeah, I'm kind of pissy.

• Supporter
  • 14104 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 10:56 AM

I'm glad that works.  I've been getting powerful drops now in the 570 range, which is super nice.  

But, a lack of glimmer and cores means my character still looks like an asinine hodgepodge because I can't infuse the gear I like that looks good.  

It really annoys me that I can't get my characters to look the way I'd like them to.  

#1164 ChessPieceFace

ChessPieceFace

• Retired Staff
  • 22957 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 11:01 AM

True. The fashion game is seriously impacted by the infusion economy. I hate that my Warlock looks like he has an old lady bun hairdo because of this Scattorhorn helmet... But it's 10 points above all my other helmets. And it's also 10 points below my overall power level too, because these powerful drops KEEP BEING GODDAMN KINETICS.

#1165 Rhinox

Rhinox

Yeah, I'm kind of pissy.

• Supporter
  • 14104 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 11:15 AM

I know Bungie is aware of how important looks are in a game.  It's not just that you want to act and be powerful, but you want to look powerful while there.  It's all part and parcel of the fantasy of the game.  

Yet, they keep bringing back the ugliest hugging armor from D1 (that damned reef armor) and they make it so hard to find something you like and keep it with you.  I have a set of Lion Rampant legs for my titan.  They're my preferred exotic for the armor slot, I like the mobility.  But keeping pace with powerful drops for them have drained me of cores and cash.  I can't infuse because it's so damn expensive.  Meanwhile, I still use them because they're what I want to be wearing for the perks they provide.  Just give me something so I can use what I want and look the way I want.  

And bring back my damn Maulers!

#1166 Ironbite

Ironbite

I might be a touch....angry

• Supporter
  • 27556 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 26 October 2018 - 11:24 AM

Know what Destiny 2 is begging for?

Ironbite-Transmog system.

xC9l3eY.gif

#1167 Marduk

Marduk
  • Citizen
  • 1529 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 08:01 PM

I've been putting planetary shaders on my gear. It doesn't help my Titan not look stupid when I get stuck with the Scatterhorn helmet. I mean, I look less awful, but not by much. At least he gets a coherent color scheme.

I got used to running Dunemarchers for a while and it was great. Now, I'm stuck with the Dreaming City legs.

I kind of hate most of the Titan armor, to be honest.

~Marduk

#1168 Rhinox

Rhinox

Yeah, I'm kind of pissy.

• Supporter
  • 14104 posts

Posted 28 October 2018 - 11:32 AM

Titans have really gotten the short end armor wise this time around.  I've yet to find an exotic that really gives me a reason to take off my Lion Rampants.  Likewise, I'm hard pressed to find armor that doesn't make me look stupid.  I hate that.  

#1169 Marduk

Marduk
  • Citizen
  • 1529 posts

Posted 28 October 2018 - 12:52 PM

Took me well into Warmind to find a look for my Titan that I was happy with.  Which really sucks, because he's my main. 

Ended up with the EDZ helmet, Hallowfire Heart / Armamentarium, CoO legs, IB mark, and I think that one set of arms with the spikes on the side.  Painted him orange and called it a day.

Forsaken comes out and yikes none of those helmets look good. I'd use the PS exclusive helmet if it had the same perks as the standard gear.

~Marduk (Warlock was easy, and who cares about the Hunter, he keeps getting deleted)

#1170 RichardT1977

RichardT1977
  • Citizen
  • 616 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 10:41 AM

Am I the only one who realized that the backstory behind Exo reboots (as revealed in Warmind) was the same as one of the plot elements of "Autobot Spike"?

#1171 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Staff
  • 38741 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 04 November 2018 - 02:14 PM

So the PC version is now free to download. Definitely getting that even though I have it on the PS4 too.  80GB download is killer though!

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#1172 The Predaking

The Predaking

• Staff
  • 38741 posts

Posted 05 November 2018 - 10:45 AM

From the front page:

https://www.allspark...ree-for-the-pc/

#1173 Marduk

Marduk
  • Citizen
  • 1529 posts

Posted 05 November 2018 - 01:19 PM

If I had a gaming PC I'd probably get it.

I'm half tempted to sign up for battlenet and get it "just in case."  They don't check system requirements for purchases, do they?

~Marduk

#1174 Ironbite

Ironbite

I might be a touch....angry

• Supporter
  • 27556 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 05 November 2018 - 05:16 PM

They do not.

xC9l3eY.gif

#1175 Marduk

Marduk
  • Citizen
  • 1529 posts

Posted 05 November 2018 - 06:57 PM

Awesome.  Assuming I don't forget, I'll get a copy. 

I mean, I barely get the milestones done on one character a week.  Why not add another platform? Lol.

~Marduk

#1176 Marduk

Marduk
  • Citizen
  • 1529 posts

Posted 23 December 2018 - 05:57 PM

Just a heads up for anyone still playing:

If you own Forsaken, it is absolutely worth doing your "Offering to the Queen" / Gateway between worlds milestone this week in the Dreaming City. 

~Marduk

#1177 The Predaking

The Predaking

• Staff
  • 38741 posts

Posted 04 May 2019 - 01:23 PM

So this past week or so, I finally got around to trying this out on the PC. I had been needing another PC game to play when the wife and kids are using the big TV in the living room where our consoles reside, and thought to give this game another try. I should state that my PC is a cheap AMD build from 2013 and the Graphics card was a midgrade card form 2014 when I was playing WOW.  So my PC isn't that great, but it doesn't seem to have that much trouble playing the game on medium settings. It looks a lot like the PS4 version that way, and it loads a lot faster than the PS4. 

So I am definitely liking this game on PC a lot better as it is a fun FPS to play, and so far isn't as repetitive as the base game of Destiny 1. I have only got to level 20 and I am running around the third world after rescuing Cade-6  and doing some public events and a few of the adventures. Definitely fun switching between various weapons and seeing which ones I like the best. Every time I shoot a revolver though, I have to say, "I'm your huckleberry". I just can't help it. 

#1178 The Predaking

The Predaking

• Staff
  • 38741 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 08:09 AM

Well, last night, I finished the main campaign of the base game. It was fun. I don't know what I am supposed to do now, but I will look into it and see what content there is without buying a season pass or the expansion.

#1179 ChessPieceFace

ChessPieceFace

• Retired Staff
  • 22957 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 05:44 PM

Well, last night, I finished the main campaign of the base game. It was fun. I don't know what I am supposed to do now, but I will look into it and see what content there is without buying a season pass or the expansion.

There's a good amount of content just with the base game, but you'll definitely encounter some stuff you're too underpowered to do. Like, Iron Banner, Xur weapons, Nightfall, etc.

But hey, you've got strikes, regular crucible, planetary adventures and quests, public events, etc. all ahead of you. Just keep looking for stuff on the map to do!

And really, consider buying Forsaken. Looks like the full pack of 3 expansions (Osiris, Warmind, Forsaken) is $40 on PC. The expansions are well worth it, especially Forsaken. You'll have SO much stuff to do, and you can get to the same power level as the rest of us.

The Annual Pass is very skippable. Everything I really enjoy in the game right now is from Forsaken and free seasonal updates, not the Pass content.

#1180 Marduk

Marduk
  • Citizen
  • 1529 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 08:06 PM

Yeah, Forsaken is worth it, even if the story isn't so great.

Curse of Osiris was bad, story-wise, but it's got some neat weapons and armor.

Warmind was super fun. Solid patrol zone, great weapons.

Get 'em both with Forsaken and it's totally worth it.

The Annual Pass is very meh unless you're super into Destiny. The Forges are a good idea, but I'm not sure how busy they'll be later in the year. This season's Gambit content is not fun at all.  We'll see what Season of Opulence brings.  Hopefully it's not just "go raid again."

~Marduk

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users