Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  LBD "Nyt... : (28 March 2020 - 09:12 PM)

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Peritus_Maximus

@  LBD "Nyt... : (28 March 2020 - 09:11 PM)

Christmas Maximus?

@  Maximus Ambus : (28 March 2020 - 01:13 PM)

At least the ozone layer is healing. unless this is a 0.0000000001% thing it's sounds like good news.

@  ▲ndrusi : (28 March 2020 - 09:27 AM)

(But only pretty sure, not 100% sure.)

@  ▲ndrusi : (28 March 2020 - 09:26 AM)

Pretty sure y'all were thinking of Fortress Maximus yesterday.

@  Bass X0 : (28 March 2020 - 12:38 AM)

Dare! Dare to believe you can survive 2020!

@  Steevy Maximus : (27 March 2020 - 08:18 PM)

Baja Blast is back at retail!

@  TheMightyMol... : (27 March 2020 - 03:47 PM)

Shame he wasn't around more. He seemed like such a jolly, happy soul.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (27 March 2020 - 02:16 PM)

No, he was definitely Metroplex. You could tell because he was in Metroplex's distinctive red and green coloration.

@  Paladin : (27 March 2020 - 02:11 PM)

that was Leader-1. or possibly Jolt. maybe Grindor...

@  PlutoniumBoss : (27 March 2020 - 01:57 PM)

Metroplex was in Armada, in a flashback. He was the same size as everybody else. I thought that was the joke.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (27 March 2020 - 12:39 PM)

@Rodimus Supreme: Gah! You are right! How'd I get that mixed up? x.x;

@  TheMightyMol... : (27 March 2020 - 12:14 PM)

There is no Metroplex. Only Zuul.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (27 March 2020 - 11:13 AM)

@Tm_Silverclaw: There is no Armada Metroplex, he was in Cybertron.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (27 March 2020 - 11:12 AM)

And they'd be better off just retooling Metroplex and Fortress Maximus to be somewhat more accurate and changing/adding parts for interaction with later play gimmicks.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (27 March 2020 - 11:11 AM)

I honestly would prefer that for scale purposes.

@  Cyoti : (27 March 2020 - 11:07 AM)

They can redo all the CW combiners as Titan Class figures like Predaking/Devastator.

@  Dekafox : (27 March 2020 - 07:52 AM)

They could just redo Metroplex again too. Especially if it's going to be S3 based. They could also do another Primus to go with the coming Unicron.

@  OverDrive73 : (26 March 2020 - 10:56 PM)

If anyone is bored, or interested... I just added the last chapter to my fanfic comic in Allspark Pictures

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (26 March 2020 - 10:54 PM)

And no.. We could always get Titan Class Superion.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (26 March 2020 - 10:53 PM)

We need Titan Class Transformers Armada Metroplex.

@  Telly : (26 March 2020 - 08:39 PM)

ill be surprised if scorpy isnt the last titan

@  PlutoniumBoss : (26 March 2020 - 05:57 PM)

Too bad a new character titan class figure is pretty much an impossibility.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (26 March 2020 - 05:56 PM)

I want a titan class, really good looking bucket wheel excavator. Like Cybertron Metroplex was supposed to be but didn't quite pull off.

@  wonko the sane? : (26 March 2020 - 03:32 PM)

I just taped up a shower curtain and took my first shower in three weeks. It was heavenly.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (26 March 2020 - 11:48 AM)

I would buy that...

@  Maximus Ambus : (24 March 2020 - 02:03 PM)

Studio Series 100 Titan Class Driller.

@  Sabrblade : (23 March 2020 - 09:05 PM)

I'll give ya 25 cents, a pack of gum, and some peanuts.

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 March 2020 - 07:35 PM)

I can give ya twenty bucks for it.

@  Paladin : (23 March 2020 - 04:28 PM)

hoarder? I hardly know 'er?

@  Dekafox : (23 March 2020 - 01:52 PM)

FOR THE HORDE!

@  repowers : (23 March 2020 - 01:48 PM)

* hordes shrubberies *

@  Telly : (23 March 2020 - 01:46 PM)

YET...

@  PlutoniumBoss : (23 March 2020 - 01:22 PM)

At least we haven't resorted to shouting "NI" at old ladies.

@  CORVUS : (23 March 2020 - 11:04 AM)

Keep it out, and I won't reply to it.

@  RichardT1977 : (23 March 2020 - 08:50 AM)

It's a sad world where we can't discuss our health and safety without it descending into political arguments...

@  fourteenwings : (22 March 2020 - 11:46 PM)

woah I have no idea what's going on here but it's certainly breaking the "keep P&R out of the shoutbox" rules (which really should be enforced like... at all)

@  CORVUS : (22 March 2020 - 11:13 PM)

Ugh, Chinese. Typo-city.

@  CORVUS : (22 March 2020 - 11:11 PM)

Rodimus, you're just flat-out wrong. Trump eliminated the Pandemic Response Team. Trump was advised in January that this could be serious, and he didn't listen. Trump spent weeks downplaying COVID-19 by implying it was a hoax, and then that it was just a type of flu. He was late to close down travel from China, and by the time he closed down air-travel to the EU, that was also too late. He has refused to take responsibility for removing the pandemic response team, even though he basically bragged about it some months before. He's also prematurely talked up treatments using chlorquinine that have not been properly vetted as yet, and he keeps calling COVID-19 the "Chinense virus" because he can't help but be a jerk. Face facts: Trump is an incompetent bungler. Period. Full-stop.

@  repowers : (22 March 2020 - 03:49 PM)

That's totally super biased!

@  Nevermore : (22 March 2020 - 03:00 PM)

I'm not. I'm listening to his own contradictory statements.

@  TheMightyMol... : (22 March 2020 - 02:06 PM)

Most people don't, but it's still making enough ratings to continue, apparently.

@  Bass X0 : (22 March 2020 - 11:45 AM)

I’m not finding modern episodes of The Simpson’s at all funny.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (22 March 2020 - 11:44 AM)

Trump HAS been working on this, stop listening to those idiot "news" outlets that just spin everything against him out of bias.

@  TheMightyMol... : (22 March 2020 - 08:52 AM)

At the least, they could keep it off of Twitter.

@  wonko the sane? : (22 March 2020 - 08:10 AM)

I'm pretty sure the capuchin from "outbreak" would have done a better job than trump.

@  Nevermore : (22 March 2020 - 05:13 AM)

Isn't it sad that President Schwarzenegger would have been the better alternative in retrospect?

@  NotVeryKnightly : (22 March 2020 - 03:38 AM)

It was President Schwarzenegger, not Wolfcastle.

@  Maximus Ambus : (22 March 2020 - 02:51 AM)

He put that in a speech in Springfields 'Do as we say' festival in 2005 too.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 March 2020 - 09:05 AM)

"I came here to LEAD not to read" -President Wolfcastle

New info and pics of Beware the Batman and Teen Titans GO!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
166 replies to this topic

#41 Lizard King

Lizard King

I burned out my eyes, I cut off my tounge.

• Citizen
  • 9610 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:14 PM

QUOTE(SwiftEagle @ Jul 15 2013, 08:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I did like the depth of character cameos the episode had. Simon Stagg AND Mister Terrific!

I thought that was Mr. Terrific.

#42 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nut

• Citizen
  • 29673 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:26 AM

Now, with episode 2, there's something I didn't expect to see: A "previousy on" segment. Could this be a serialized Batman cartoon?

I think I'm getting more and more used to this Batman's voice, as it feels like it's getting closer and closer to the feel of Kevin Conroy's Batman while still being different.

Though, as keen he is at being a detective, he's not quite there yet with exchanging quips with his enemies.

Hey, it's Barbara Gordon. Voiced by Tara Strong, no less. And this version of Jim Gordon doesn't trust Batman, seeing him (or anyone who takes the law into their own hands) as not a hero.

Tatsu does not know about Bruce being Batman (yet), so that'll be interesting to see unravel.

Bruce also figured out that Tatsu is ex-military and has known Alfred since her childhood. Alfred reveals that she is his godchild.

Tatsu clearly does not enjoy being Bruce's chauffeur, and notes that this job of hers is only temporary.

Also didn't expect this episode to be so backstory-heavy for Magpie, since last episode didn't touch on the origins of Batman, Pyg, or Toad at all.

And now, Bruce has begun to test Tatsu. Pretty cliffhanger-y.

Edited by Sabrblade, 20 July 2013 - 09:27 AM.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#43 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17609 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:31 AM

Seen an episode and a half.

It's decent so far. Animation reminiscent of Green Lantern for me.

Alfred's Chin is still bugging the heck out of me.

-ZacWilliam, I am pretty sure he should be dressing in red and firing crime with Timmy Turner.
Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#44 2019

• Citizen
  • 42884 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 10:23 PM

I liked the second episode. Magpie was fun for being Catwoman but insane-er.

if you can see this, i apologize for the above tweet, i was young and stupid and had nothing of value to say. please support lgbtq rights and listen to women's voices. that's all that really matters now. the right is evil, and should be opposed. thanks.

#45 Detour

Detour

Too lazy to change the avatar but Graham Linehan is a sack of sh

• Supporter
  • 20697 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 10:25 PM

II'm quite enjoying the stories and the animation style... but everytime I look at Alfred I expect Clancy Brown's voice to come out of his mouth.

You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

I'm reading that with Roy's voice. Heck, I read everything you post in a laconic Irish accent.

#46 Autobot Bubbs

Autobot Bubbs

Professional procrastinator

• Citizen
  • 5451 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 02:18 AM

Looked up Magpie before work.... have to say I love the makeover, considering what she used to look like (even before blackest night)
spoilers are a stabbing weight upon my soul.... crushing it into a dark existential nothingness

#47 Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely

That was then, this is now.

• Citizen
  • 9289 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 03:05 PM

I'm very particular about depictions of Alfred and this one just won't do for me. It's clear they're drawing on the recent "Earth One" depiction of the character, but that version still LOOKED AND SOUNDED like Alfred, which this one just doesn't. Like, AT ALL. What they've done with the CHARACTER, I'm fine with! It's just been matched up to something that doesn't look or sound anything like any version of Alfred. I know the actor playing him is actually British, too, so I don't know why he sounds so aggressively fake-British, but he does. And it's entirely the wrong sort of British. As it stands, his delivery of lines like "'Aven;t you 'eard? OI'm the butlah!" sound like they should be followed by "You caaaaaant."

Edited by Chris McFeely, 21 July 2013 - 03:07 PM.

#48 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36625 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 03:19 PM

QUOTE(Chris McFeely @ Jul 21 2013, 02:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm very particular about depictions of Alfred and this one just won't do for me. It's clear they're drawing on the recent "Earth One" depiction of the character, but that version still LOOKED AND SOUNDED like Alfred, which this one just doesn't. Like, AT ALL. What they've done with the CHARACTER, I'm fine with! It's just been matched up to something that doesn't look or sound anything like any version of Alfred. I know the actor playing him is actually British, too, so I don't know why he sounds so aggressively fake-British, but he does. And it's entirely the wrong sort of British. As it stands, his delivery of lines like "'Aven;t you 'eard? OI'm the butlah!" sound like they should be followed by "You caaaaaant."

Yeah, I agree 100% here. There is nothing wrong with the idea, as you said it works in the "Earth One" stories and its an interesting concept of having him being the one to train Bruce, but the execution is all wrong; he looks more like the kinda brute Batman would be beating up, not getting served tea from... I mean I understand the design choice and why they went with that look, it's... just not Alfred. He doesn't have to be thin and old, but he shouldn't look like a cockney bruiser either. Maybe if he sounded a bit more natural in his tone, like you said it sounds fake even if the va is actually british, I might be able to overlook the rest of his design.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#49 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nut

• Citizen
  • 29673 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:32 PM

I understand what you guys are saying, but for me, I'm the opposite. I look past the appearance and voice and can get behind either of them if the character itself is good. I like this Alred because he's a well written character first and foremost. Sure, his design could look less intimidating, and his voice could stand to sound more British and less Australian (seriously, he sounds Australian), but his character comes first for me, so I'm good with him.

However, a design that has had me taking a few double takes has been that of Bruce. As far as I can remember, Bruce Wayne has pretty much been a White/Caucasian man, but here he looks a but more like a Hispanic/Latino, or a mix of the two. Now, I wouldn't be surprised if the design was in any way influenced by his voice actor, but not all voice actors have to match the ethnicity of their characters. I mean, episode 2 had Cree Summer (who's Black) voicing Bethany Ravencroft (who's White). Granted, this is minor think since I do think Anthony Ruivivar plays a decent Bruce/Batman, but it still catches my attention each time.
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#50 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36625 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:38 PM

QUOTE(Sabrblade @ Jul 21 2013, 03:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
However, a design that has had me taking a few double takes has been that of Bruce. As far as I can remember, Bruce Wayne has pretty much been a White/Caucasian man, but here he looks a but more like a Hispanic/Latino, or a mix of the two. Now, I wouldn't be surprised if the design was in any way influenced by his voice actor, but not all voice actors have to match the ethnicity of their characters. I mean, episode 2 had Cree Summer (who's Black) voicing Bethany Ravencroft (who's White). Granted, this is minor think since I do think Anthony Ruivivar plays a decent Bruce/Batman, but it still catches my attention each time.

So far the only think about Batman's design that bugs me are the lips... they just really look bad when the mask it on; almost like a Muppet Mouth. The Batman's Bruce also looked to have a Latino flair to his design.

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

#51 Lazy Garou

Lazy Garou

Raider of fridges, eater of food.

• Citizen
  • 4171 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:47 PM

Funny considering that the character is called Bruno D?az in spanish speaking countries.
A persistent predator is always alert!awake! focused! and Zzzz.....

#52 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nut

• Citizen
  • 29673 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:45 PM

Doth mine eyes deceiveth me, or are we actually getting the first ever (semi-)serialized Batman cartoon? I mean, outside of the villain fights, the storyline revolving around Bruce/Alfred/Tatsu has thus far been ongoing, carrying over from episode to episode, complete with "previously on" segments and all.

Also, Anarky was fun.

Edited by Sabrblade, 27 July 2013 - 07:50 PM.

#53 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36625 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:13 PM

QUOTE(Sabrblade @ Jul 27 2013, 06:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also, Anarky was a fun foe.

I'm of two minds on him; on one hand I did like what they did with him setting him up as desiring to be sorta an 'anti-Batman', but in the comics he had a heroic angle to him. There he didn't trust the government, or corporations, or anything similar but also wanted to make things better for the little man. This would put him at odds against Batman and Robin because of his extreme methods in handling things. I actually kinda hope if this series is gonna do things really differently, that they go with Alan Grant's original intents for the character.

Serious spoilers about Anarky, you are warned:
HIGHLIGHT to view:
Anarky is actually a teenager, Lonnie Machin, and Alan Grant had planned on him reforming and becoming the third Robin, but Marv Wolfman beat him to the punch with Tim Drake and "A lonely place of Dying". So he just remained a slightly antagonistic ally, up until another writer decided they wanted to a villain named Anarky, and put Lonnie into a coma to do so. I think it would be really cool if over the season we see Anarky show a more heroic side and reforming becoming the first Robin, rather then doing Dick Grayson for umpteenth time, in season 2.

Edited by Database, 27 July 2013 - 08:13 PM.

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

#54 Glenn

Glenn
  • Supporter
  • 10600 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 04:17 PM

I gotta say.. so far all 3 episodes have really bored me.. I don't think I'll be watching #4

#55 2019

• Citizen
  • 42884 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:40 AM

I'm really enjoying Batman, Alfred, and Katana, and their interactions. The villains are kind of hit and miss so far.

I'm still enjoying it though.

if you can see this, i apologize for the above tweet, i was young and stupid and had nothing of value to say. please support lgbtq rights and listen to women's voices. that's all that really matters now. the right is evil, and should be opposed. thanks.

#56 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 28976 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:55 AM

QUOTE(Nyarlathotep @ Jul 20 2013, 10:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I liked the second episode. Magpie was fun for being Catwoman but insane-er.

#57 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nut

• Citizen
  • 29673 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 09:21 PM

Hoo, boy! Was that an episode!

We got our first glimpse at the League of Assassins, who currently seem to be led by Lady Shiva, with Silver Monkey as her field commander.

The episode focuses on Batman and Tatsu each separately trying to protect Dr. Jason Burr (who becomes Kobra in the comics) from being murdered by ninja agents of the League, resulting in Burr being put under the security of Wayne Manor, which Silver Monkey and his assassins infiltrate under Lady Shiva's orders. There, they encounter Tatsu, whom Silver Monkey recognizes as a traitor to the League and tries kill her as well as Burr. Though Batman manages to help fend them all off, a few things of importance were either revealed or reiterated in this episode:
1. Tatsu is the former League of Assassins member "Katana" (which was already known to viewers keeping up with the news about the show and with the comics)
2. Tatsu stole a sacred weapon called the "Soultaker Sword" when she betrayed the League.
3. Tatsu is willing to cross the line into murdering her opponents if pressed.
4. She still has yet to discover Bruce's identity as Batman.
5. Bruce may not be aware of her League background.

And with the appearance of the League of Assassins in this episode, it's possible that they may reappear periodically throughout the season as an ongoing antagonist group, in which case would mean several things were seeded in this episode, such as the League trying to get their sword back and get their revenge on Tatsu, Burr's potential eventual conversion to Kobra, and who knows, maybe we could get Ra's al Ghul as a sort of season finale villain to cap off season 1 on the long run.

#58 (Deactivated) BB Shockwave

(Deactivated) BB Shockwave
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:07 AM

Indeed, Bruce's design could lose the lips, it is... weird.

Geez, there is sexy, and there is "let's dress this character up like a hooker". Seriously, Magpie's boobs would fall out of that corset when she does a backflip.
Also, her origin was overly complicated... did we really need to turn her from a slightly disturbed kleptomaniac to full-fledged Two-Face style schizo?

Alfred is starting to warm on me, though. He is tough and looks very different from usual Alfreds, but he is still the same overly protective surrogate father to Bruce, who is still very early in his carreer here - Gordon doesn't trust him yet, and he makes rookie mistakes like calling Alfred via a video-phone while in costume.

Anarky episode was... odd. I always thought the guy was just a demented freedom fighter, here he comes up with a plan much like the Joker in Dark Knight, and plans on "playing the grand game" with his Black Knight counterpart. Would not be surprised if he would be the stand-in for the Joker for season 1 on this show. The two idiot "artists" were annoying, but at least they were treated as easily disposeable villains, just like Anarky intended.

The League of Shadows... nice idea to tie them to Katana. Also, using obscure characters like Silver Monkey and Lady Shiva (unseen so far) - good episode. Jason Burr... had to look him up. Geez! That's HIGHLIGHT to view:
the twin brother of Kobra, as in the founder of the terrorist organization! Remains to be seen how he will turn up, considering he is one big love-struck doofus here.

Barbara's presence is probably an indication that much like in The Batman, we'll see Batgirl before Robin.
And considering we have Michael Holt (Mr. Terrific), Katana, and if Simon Stagg's presence is anything to go by, Rex Mason in this show, I think soon we will have the Outsiders aiding Batman.

The VA list on the wiki sheds light on more characters to come:

HIGHLIGHT to view:
Carlos Alazraqui - Junkyard Dog
Adam Baldwin - Metamorpho/Rex Mason
Jeff Bennett - Simon Stagg
Emmanuelle Chriqui - Sapphire Stagg
Ian James Corlett - Joe Braxton
Grey DeLisle - Magpie/Margaret Sorrow/Cassie
Brian George - Professor Pyg/Lazlo Valentin
Finola Hughes - Lady Shiva
Matt L. Jones - Humpty Dumpty
Udo Kier - Mister Toad
Arif S. Kinchen - Daedalus
Wallace Langham - Anarky/Lonnie Machin
Matthew Lillard - Dr. Jason Burr
Lance Reddick - Ra's al Ghul
James Remar - Silver Monkey
Tara Strong - Barbara Gordon
Cree Summer - Bethanie Ravencroft
Gary Anthony Williams - Michael Holt

Anyone knows who "Daedalus" is? Maybe tied to Maxie Zeus in some way?

Edited by BB Shockwave, 05 August 2013 - 09:43 AM.

#59 Monocle

Monocle

ASM Contributing Editor

• Citizen
  • 4151 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:19 AM

Magpie's design was based on Lady Gaga. With that in mind they were rather restrained in the design of her outfit.

#60 SwiftEagle

SwiftEagle
  • Citizen
  • 6309 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:36 AM

Huh. I totally assumed she was based on Pris from Blade Runner.
ASM
Tomorrow's nostalgia today!