Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  wonko the sane? : (04 August 2020 - 11:37 AM)

It's almost like all drama is just manufactured pissing contests to keep us all entertained and distracted. :p

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (04 August 2020 - 10:16 AM)

Or they could go White Ranger vs Scorpion route and have both win. ;P

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:35 AM)

Besides, we all know the answer is nearly always "they fight to a standstill and then team up against a common enemy."

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:29 AM)

The best way to prove this is to give an example where the match is really lopsided in favor of one character but in popularity they're either evenly matched or the weaker one is more popular.

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:27 AM)

The "who would win in a fight" discussions are really just people trying to make "which one's better" into something you can theoretically measure objectively, usually in a very specific way they think they've predetermined their favorite will win.

@  Otaku : (04 August 2020 - 02:01 AM)

@Nevermore So... you're saying you didn't like DC Versus Marvel/Marvel Versus DC?

@  Steevy Maximus : (03 August 2020 - 06:59 PM)

So, what happened to Hasbro's Zoids relaunch? An English dub, some stuff in southeast Asia, and now a game coming in October? That it?

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 10:46 AM)

Tidal wave, cause shooting water gets you nowhere.

@  Darth Gonzo : (03 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Who would win Tidal Wave or Broadside?

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:17 AM)

Btw Happy birthday to those people in the box to the right \o/

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:16 AM)

The bottom line is obvious. It makes no literal sense to fight someone on your faction. :/

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 06:14 AM)

That's because you're doing it wrong. You're supposed to just stack skills and ability against each other. It's not the palace of doom, it's an episode of american gladiators.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:32 AM)

The only obvious winners of such a fight would be the bad guys.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

And what does it even matter? They should work together, not stupidly fight each other for the mindless entertainment of idiot onlookers.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

Why would two good guys fight each other? What are they fighting over?

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:28 AM)

I never understood these "who would win in a fight between two good guys" discussions. They make no sense to me.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 04:17 PM)

If G1 had continued we'd have had Starscream back in spirit - through Krunk, Snapdragons partner and possibly Skullcruncher unless he was mute.

@  Bass X0 : (02 August 2020 - 12:28 PM)

There are some decent impersonators in fandubs though.

@  -LittleAutob... : (02 August 2020 - 10:45 AM)

The only true Starscream voices are Steve Blum and Chris Latta, hands down.

@  Sabrblade : (02 August 2020 - 10:14 AM)

Why they didn't have Scott McNeil voicing that Starscream, when he was the one who had imitated Chris Latta when he voiced Cobra Commander in the DiC G.I. Joe cartoon, is beyond me.

@  wonko the sane? : (02 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Say what you will, that was an awesome scene.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 08:36 AM)

Beast Wars Starsream "I am AIR COMMANDER Starscream of the DECEPTICON BATTLEFLEET!"

@  Nevermore : (02 August 2020 - 07:02 AM)

I liked TF: Prime Starscream.

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:36 PM)

Hearing Starscream's screechy voice in Cyberverse has to be the most annoying thing ever in Transformers. Even his G1 voice wasn't as bad. :doh

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:35 PM)

KUP!

@  Sabrblade : (01 August 2020 - 04:58 PM)

Urkel!

@  TheMightyMol... : (01 August 2020 - 03:16 PM)

Steeeeeeeeve.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (01 August 2020 - 02:57 AM)

LEEEROOOOOOOOY! jhenkenz...

@  Hg Dragon : (01 August 2020 - 01:21 AM)

Candleja-

@  Sabrblade : (31 July 2020 - 11:02 PM)

Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice!

@  Echowarrior : (31 July 2020 - 10:18 PM)

Spongebob!

@  TheMightyMol... : (31 July 2020 - 05:13 PM)

KHAAAAAAAN

@  PlutoniumBoss : (31 July 2020 - 03:04 PM)

Bueller? Bueller?

@  Jet : (31 July 2020 - 11:31 AM)

DONKEY!

@  Maximus Ambus : (31 July 2020 - 06:55 AM)

Spanner

@  Xaaron : (31 July 2020 - 06:49 AM)

Jetstorm

@  Nevermore : (31 July 2020 - 05:33 AM)

Tankor

@  SG Roadbuster : (31 July 2020 - 04:44 AM)

Overrun

@  lastmaximal : (31 July 2020 - 01:33 AM)

Buckethead

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 July 2020 - 07:15 PM)

Now I wonder how many Transformers we can name with the fewest possible different names.

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:38 PM)

Ransack. That's like another 20 or so.

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 July 2020 - 06:18 PM)

"Prowl". There, that's at least fifteen.

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:15 PM)

Or do you want people to spam the Squawkbox with lists of 100 characters?

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:15 PM)

Oky, just one question: If I were to say "Yes, I could", how could you be sure I'm not lying?

@  Bass X0 : (30 July 2020 - 06:08 PM)

i don't go into people's threads that have no relevance to my interests just to be an ass by telling them that their comments and opinions are of no value just because they have no personal interest to me.

@  Bass X0 : (30 July 2020 - 06:06 PM)

i think one of us is misunderstanding what the squawkbox is actually for.

@  Bass X0 : (30 July 2020 - 06:06 PM)

and what is wrong with that? you respond to me to lessen your own boredom.

@  Bass X0 : (30 July 2020 - 06:05 PM)

I'm asking people if they think they could.

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:05 PM)

Or did you just think of another random question to lessen your boredom?

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:04 PM)

Is this a survey?

Photo

Disney Infinity

633 replies to this topic

#41 Tm_Silverclaw

Tm_Silverclaw
  • Citizen
  • 11239 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:58 PM

Quick question.. Does this game have the hot swapping that Skylanders has?

#42 Zek

Zek

Resident Goober

• Supporter
  • 7766 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:35 PM

What is "hot swapping?"

#43 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7694 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:09 PM

Yes, you can switch characters at any time, with the only constraint being that outside of the Toybox, characters can only enter the Playset they belong to -- no pirates at MU.

WsuGTl1.jpg

#44 Daith

Daith

My Nyah brings all the girls to the yard

• Supporter
  • 9541 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:58 AM

So much fun. Went and marathoned the Incredibles storyline through. kinda wishin I had the rest of the family now. Sad that it seems the initial series is limited to a few characters from certain franchises. Phineas and Perry are in, but no Ferb or Doof? Lame. Plus I see theres going to be an uber unlock for getting all the characters in one franchise. Least theres one big safe in the Incredibles set that needs all of the characters.

Switch code: SW-6538-7795-1972

#45 Zek

Zek

Resident Goober

• Supporter
  • 7766 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:58 AM

Yeah, every set has a big safe that needs every character and you get a bunch of toy box toys for unlocking them.

#46 (Deactivated) BB Shockwave

(Deactivated) BB Shockwave
  • Guests

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:22 AM

So what is the actual game/world like? Is there a central storyline like in Skylanders, or you just visit the various worlds, like in Kingdom Hearts?

#47 Zek

Zek

Resident Goober

• Supporter
  • 7766 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:32 AM

More like Kingdom Hearts. Each playset has a story loosely tied to it's film franchise. The Cars set centers around Radiator Springs holding an international invitational race, Monsters University is about Mike and Sulley participating in "Fear-It Week" in competition with a rival school, and Lone Ranger focuses on stopping a criminal who has taken over the railway...those are the only ones I've played so far.

#48 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7694 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:28 PM

Yeah, there's no overarching plot -- then playsets are essentially franchise-locked standalone games, and the Toybox sits in the middle like some sort of chaotic afterlife, or, y'know, Wreck-It Ralph's Central Station.

WsuGTl1.jpg

#49 God Fire Ginrai

God Fire Ginrai
  • Citizen
  • 1331 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:45 PM

I've only been to the Pirates of the Caribbean world so far, and it's awesome! There is absolutely a plot going on, but as mentioned, it's a smaller game within the big toy box really. It seems the point of the different worlds is to let you adventure into each of those franchises, while unlocking some great things in the toy box to use both within that world, as well as in the toy box. Still very addicting. I'm almost done collecting the power discs (need 1 or 2 more, depending on how a current eBay auction finishes).

#50 spikeriley

spikeriley

Time To Go Turbo!

• Citizen
  • 3675 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:35 PM

Wow, someone in that tabloid is going to lose their job for this:

http://kotaku.com/we...aced-1222452879

(Only posting link since image contains graphic images of violence. You've been warned.)

#51 (Deactivated) BB Shockwave

(Deactivated) BB Shockwave
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2013 - 02:01 AM

Sounds neat... I am surprised they went with a Monsters University-themed world rather than Monsters Inc (especially since the three playeable characters are the main cast from the first movie, not the new guys from University).

I will have to check some videos about what the Toybox is like to decide on this. People compared it to minecraft, and I am not fond of that game - I don't like spending my time building life-size replicas of the statue of liberty in a game, I like to PLAY.

#52 ZeroX

ZeroX
  • 2226 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:28 AM

Great, now I own this game along with all the Incredibles and am currently well on my way to building the Overworld from the original Legend of Zelda once I get all the necessary pieces(And if the game's building restrictions allows it, I may attempt to build all of their corresponding dungeons underground with teleport locations to their entrances in the Overworld. Or maybe just build the dungeons as separate toyboxes.).

I really have no one to blame but myself for not being able to stay away from this thread and gameplay videos. I'm too much of a Disney addict.

Neat little exploit people might want to take advantage of before it get patched: the free spin capsule at the top of the largest mountain to the east over by the racetrack in the pre-made "Launch" toybox infinitely respawns every time you quit the map without saving(Not every time you leave the map to do a challenge mind you, every time you formally quit).

#53 spikeriley

spikeriley

Time To Go Turbo!

• Citizen
  • 3675 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:24 PM

I have it now, got five figures (the three starters as well as Mike and Mrs. Incredible) and I am enjoying this.

I am building my own world, and found out there's ESPN stuff there as I put two baseballs with the sports channel's logo stitched into it in there.

#54 MrBlud

MrBlud

Goes down smooth...

• Retired Staff
  • 52587 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:20 PM

TRU is having a big sale on this the 7th of September.

Awfully tempted to pick some up at those prices.

card-strongarm.jpg

#55 Tm_Silverclaw

Tm_Silverclaw
  • Citizen
  • 11239 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:23 PM

Ehh.. still to much for me to not like about this for me to take the dive until I find a -very- cheap deal on starter.

#56 Confuzor

Confuzor

They put em in Smash Bros!!!!

• Supporter
  • 8249 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:39 PM

40% off is mighty tempting for the individual figures. Mighty tempting....

#57 Rhinox

Rhinox

Yeah, I'm kind of pissy.

• Supporter
  • 14347 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 04:39 PM

Toys R Us is also holding back their exclusive discs for the event. Supposedly one of the TRU exclusive discs is Tron based.

"Why does history repeat itself? Because God doesn't have TiVo."

Wounds of honor are always self inflicted.

#58 Daith

Daith

My Nyah brings all the girls to the yard

• Supporter
  • 9541 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:21 PM

Looking at the pics of upcoming figures on Gamestop.com and I'm a tad disappointed. Looks like few characters are going to be Toy Box only. I figured it would be odd for campaigns for solo characters like Jack Skellington or Sorcerer Mickey and I guess I was right. The Frozen girls come in a two pack and only give you 2 custom skin discs instead of a playset. Toy Strory Playset will include Buzz and Jessie and the Toy Story Playset. Other than that looks like I said earlier about the Pumpkin King is confirmed.

I'm just hoping Wreck-it Ralph and Phineas and Ferb get a Playset campaign.

Switch code: SW-6538-7795-1972

#59 ZeroX

ZeroX
  • 2226 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:31 PM

They don't.

You can tell because their character chests appear in toy box mode, otherwise they would only be in their corresponding playset like the other playset characters.

Edited by ZeroX, 17 September 2013 - 05:31 PM.

#60 spikeriley

spikeriley

Time To Go Turbo!

• Citizen
  • 3675 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:40 PM

QUOTE(Daith @ Sep 17 2013, 03:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looking at the pics of upcoming figures on Gamestop.com and I'm a tad disappointed. Looks like few characters are going to be Toy Box only. I figured it would be odd for campaigns for solo characters like Jack Skellington or Sorcerer Mickey and I guess I was right. The Frozen girls come in a two pack and only give you 2 custom skin discs instead of a playset. Toy Strory Playset will include Buzz and Jessie and the Toy Story Playset. Other than that looks like I said earlier about the Pumpkin King is confirmed.

I'm just hoping Wreck-it Ralph and Phineas and Ferb get a Playset campaign.

I agree. On the other hand. I saw an ad at my Wal-Mart promoting the Woody figure coming out early there.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users