Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  wonko the sane? : (04 March 2021 - 04:49 PM)

a minivan which NOW sounds like it's on it's last legs. Christ, why is everything breaking now?!?!?

@  wonko the sane? : (04 March 2021 - 02:45 PM)

He's willing, but it's our parents minivan, and I'm half the labour.

@  TM2-Megatron : (04 March 2021 - 02:34 PM)

Like anything; if they're willing to haul it away it's theirs.

@  wonko the sane? : (04 March 2021 - 12:44 PM)

And now my brother wants the old fridge, so instead of letting the delivery folk deal with it, I need to move it.

@  NovaSaber : (04 March 2021 - 11:53 AM)

I take objection to the idea that public health is "politics" just because some politicians don't listen to the experts.

@  fourteenwings : (04 March 2021 - 10:59 AM)

I was only replying to the general sentiment of the last three posts before mine.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (04 March 2021 - 10:58 AM)

The person you replied to specifically gave the example of "limiting the amount of people in a facility".

@  NotVeryKnightly : (04 March 2021 - 10:58 AM)

This wasn't about "lock[ing] everyone in the country down".

@  fourteenwings : (04 March 2021 - 10:57 AM)

All I'm saying is there are lockdown and anti-lockdown people and hashing it out in the shoutbox on a toy forum is dumb.

@  fourteenwings : (04 March 2021 - 10:56 AM)

You don't have to lock everyone in the country down to mitigate risks in one population.

@  fourteenwings : (04 March 2021 - 10:56 AM)

Of course older people have it worse, but America is one of those countries where people ship their old people to homes far away from the action anyways.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (04 March 2021 - 10:55 AM)

What ar you even trying to say, anyway? That we shouldn't complain about others increasing the danger more than necessary?

@  fourteenwings : (04 March 2021 - 10:55 AM)

Frankly, there's a lot to say on this issue that can't be encompassed on the shoutbox and I really really don't want to have to deal with politics every single time I check the forums.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (04 March 2021 - 10:54 AM)

To claim that this is about the people in the 20-40 range is also disingenuous.

@  fourteenwings : (04 March 2021 - 10:53 AM)

Essential workers and such are pretty fit on average which is an extra boon for them.

@  fourteenwings : (04 March 2021 - 10:51 AM)

It's not really a personal choice issue, it's a risk versus well, anything you want to do issue. Literally leaving the house results in potential exposure, mask or no. Overall, most of us who hang out here are 20-40, and our survival rate is comparable with some pretty out there statistics.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (04 March 2021 - 10:39 AM)

Anybody who has to go out because of work or groceries or whatever can't just choose to avoid any potential disease-spreaders, for one thing.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (04 March 2021 - 10:38 AM)

Kind of disingenuous to frame this as just a personal choice issue.

@  fourteenwings : (04 March 2021 - 10:22 AM)

This whole "I can't handle people not me having the choice to not put on masks" thing's a bit much.

@  -LittleAutob... : (04 March 2021 - 09:14 AM)

Hey, Florida is one of the most infected states, and we won't even shut down. We may use masks, but restaurants, clubs, you name it, those are still wide open. Also, what's limiting the amount of people in a facility again? :p

@  Steevy Maximus : (03 March 2021 - 08:57 PM)

Oklahoma is right there, apparently. Dang bible belt. Nice people, but not the smartest cookies I've seen.

@  Hg Dragon : (03 March 2021 - 08:52 PM)

Don't worry! COME TO TEXAS WHERE OUR IDIOT GOVENOR DECALRED THE STATE 100% OPEN AND ENDED THE MASK MANDATE!!!

@  TM2-Megatron : (03 March 2021 - 04:21 PM)

Beyond just the not even being able to walk into most stores

@  wonko the sane? : (03 March 2021 - 04:21 PM)

No kidding, but right now: unless it's physically on the shelf in front of you: there's no clear idea when it'll be available. And that goes for just about everything.

@  TM2-Megatron : (03 March 2021 - 04:18 PM)

I've heard new appliances are hard to get, for some reason

@  wonko the sane? : (03 March 2021 - 04:13 PM)

And the new one we settled on is backlogged up to two months. Even better.

@  TM2-Megatron : (03 March 2021 - 11:59 AM)

I mean, it's not all bad. Disney's releasing Speed remastered on 4K

@  wonko the sane? : (03 March 2021 - 08:48 AM)

And now the fridge has died. So far 2021 has been WONDERFUL.

@  Hg Dragon : (01 March 2021 - 08:49 PM)

I'm upset I can't "Like" a shout...

@  TheMightyMol... : (28 February 2021 - 09:39 AM)

The US election? *rimshot*

@  Paladin : (28 February 2021 - 09:19 AM)

WHICH 2016 clown panic?

@  NotVeryKnightly : (28 February 2021 - 07:22 AM)

Didn't that come right after the 2016 clown panic? No way to make clowns not disturbing at the time, surely.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (28 February 2021 - 04:26 AM)

The clown guise is supposed to lure kids in, it's no good if it looks sus in one glance.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (28 February 2021 - 04:15 AM)

The new one tries too hard to be unsettling from the start. Curry's look is just a plain old clown, until he very much is not.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (28 February 2021 - 04:14 AM)

And Curry has a far more disturbing look at times than the newbie.

@  Sabrblade : (28 February 2021 - 02:22 AM)

And the original was a showcase of Tim Curry's delightfulness as an actor. 'Nuff said.

@  unluckiness : (27 February 2021 - 10:19 PM)

first one was a decent horror flick but the second was a mess plotwise and even the scares were worse

@  tigerhawk : (27 February 2021 - 04:57 PM)

Never understood the hype for the IT movies, too many floppy zombie chases, They're not in the least unsettling.

@  Maruten : (25 February 2021 - 06:00 PM)

It's better than the last one!

@  Steevy Maximus : (25 February 2021 - 11:30 AM)

The new Wizards of the Coast logo looks stupid

@  Steevy Maximus : (25 February 2021 - 11:29 AM)

It's really rather shocking watching the Investor Day presentation and seeing how much Hasbro actually owns now.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 February 2021 - 10:26 AM)

If everyone had COMMON SENSE, then things would maybe go a little better-

@  repowers : (24 February 2021 - 05:33 PM)

If everyone would just have the exact same opinions as me then we wouldn't have this problem

@  Kalidor : (24 February 2021 - 01:49 PM)

It just depends on what it is. It is preferable to take it to P&R though. But sometimes current news as it's happening is less restrictive.

@  fourteenwings : (24 February 2021 - 12:18 AM)

Huh, good point (x3)

@  ▲ndrusi : (23 February 2021 - 11:46 AM)

Yeah. 1. People treat it like Twitter. 2. There's no "take it to P&R" since there's no P&R for the Shoutbox. 3. There's similarly no way to avoid either subjects or people in the Shoutbox since there's no division and it doesn't respect the ignore function, so people end up engaging when they normally wouldn't.

@  fourteenwings : (23 February 2021 - 10:56 AM)

Is there something about the Shoutbox that just means we get politics taking over the thing at least once a week?

@  wonko the sane? : (23 February 2021 - 08:26 AM)

At least your government is willing to talk about the collapsing medicare system. In quebec, their ignoring it in favour of talking about language again! Oh, and unconstitutionally denying access to eduction.

@  Shockwave 75 : (23 February 2021 - 07:52 AM)

At least here in my home province of Ontario we have a conservative gov't who doesn't want to cuz $$$$, but the argument is that they'll end up paying in medical care anyways for those sick people so why not?

@  Shockwave 75 : (23 February 2021 - 07:51 AM)

We have paid sick leave here in Canada too, but it's not very much and not everyone has it. So we're trying to get the gov't to extend it, and give it to everyone.

Photo

Disney Infinity

633 replies to this topic

#41 Tm_Silverclaw

Tm_Silverclaw
  • Citizen
  • 11336 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:58 PM

Quick question.. Does this game have the hot swapping that Skylanders has?

#42 Zek

Zek

Resident Goober

• Supporter
  • 7766 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:35 PM

What is "hot swapping?"

#43 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 8212 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:09 PM

Yes, you can switch characters at any time, with the only constraint being that outside of the Toybox, characters can only enter the Playset they belong to -- no pirates at MU.

WsuGTl1.jpg

#44 Daith

Daith

My Nyah brings all the girls to the yard

• Supporter
  • 9928 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:58 AM

So much fun. Went and marathoned the Incredibles storyline through. kinda wishin I had the rest of the family now. Sad that it seems the initial series is limited to a few characters from certain franchises. Phineas and Perry are in, but no Ferb or Doof? Lame. Plus I see theres going to be an uber unlock for getting all the characters in one franchise. Least theres one big safe in the Incredibles set that needs all of the characters.

Switch code: SW-6538-7795-1972

#45 Zek

Zek

Resident Goober

• Supporter
  • 7766 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:58 AM

Yeah, every set has a big safe that needs every character and you get a bunch of toy box toys for unlocking them.

#46 (Deactivated) BB Shockwave

(Deactivated) BB Shockwave
  • Guests

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:22 AM

So what is the actual game/world like? Is there a central storyline like in Skylanders, or you just visit the various worlds, like in Kingdom Hearts?

#47 Zek

Zek

Resident Goober

• Supporter
  • 7766 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:32 AM

More like Kingdom Hearts. Each playset has a story loosely tied to it's film franchise. The Cars set centers around Radiator Springs holding an international invitational race, Monsters University is about Mike and Sulley participating in "Fear-It Week" in competition with a rival school, and Lone Ranger focuses on stopping a criminal who has taken over the railway...those are the only ones I've played so far.

#48 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 8212 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:28 PM

Yeah, there's no overarching plot -- then playsets are essentially franchise-locked standalone games, and the Toybox sits in the middle like some sort of chaotic afterlife, or, y'know, Wreck-It Ralph's Central Station.

WsuGTl1.jpg

#49 God Fire Ginrai

God Fire Ginrai
  • Citizen
  • 1331 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:45 PM

I've only been to the Pirates of the Caribbean world so far, and it's awesome! There is absolutely a plot going on, but as mentioned, it's a smaller game within the big toy box really. It seems the point of the different worlds is to let you adventure into each of those franchises, while unlocking some great things in the toy box to use both within that world, as well as in the toy box. Still very addicting. I'm almost done collecting the power discs (need 1 or 2 more, depending on how a current eBay auction finishes).

#50 spikeriley

spikeriley

Time To Go Turbo!

• Citizen
  • 3693 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:35 PM

Wow, someone in that tabloid is going to lose their job for this:

http://kotaku.com/we...aced-1222452879

(Only posting link since image contains graphic images of violence. You've been warned.)

#51 (Deactivated) BB Shockwave

(Deactivated) BB Shockwave
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2013 - 02:01 AM

Sounds neat... I am surprised they went with a Monsters University-themed world rather than Monsters Inc (especially since the three playeable characters are the main cast from the first movie, not the new guys from University).

I will have to check some videos about what the Toybox is like to decide on this. People compared it to minecraft, and I am not fond of that game - I don't like spending my time building life-size replicas of the statue of liberty in a game, I like to PLAY.

#52 ZeroX

ZeroX
  • 2226 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:28 AM

Great, now I own this game along with all the Incredibles and am currently well on my way to building the Overworld from the original Legend of Zelda once I get all the necessary pieces(And if the game's building restrictions allows it, I may attempt to build all of their corresponding dungeons underground with teleport locations to their entrances in the Overworld. Or maybe just build the dungeons as separate toyboxes.).

I really have no one to blame but myself for not being able to stay away from this thread and gameplay videos. I'm too much of a Disney addict.

Neat little exploit people might want to take advantage of before it get patched: the free spin capsule at the top of the largest mountain to the east over by the racetrack in the pre-made "Launch" toybox infinitely respawns every time you quit the map without saving(Not every time you leave the map to do a challenge mind you, every time you formally quit).

#53 spikeriley

spikeriley

Time To Go Turbo!

• Citizen
  • 3693 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:24 PM

I have it now, got five figures (the three starters as well as Mike and Mrs. Incredible) and I am enjoying this.

I am building my own world, and found out there's ESPN stuff there as I put two baseballs with the sports channel's logo stitched into it in there.

#54 MrBlud

MrBlud

Goes down smooth...

• Retired Staff
  • 52853 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:20 PM

TRU is having a big sale on this the 7th of September.

Awfully tempted to pick some up at those prices.

card-strongarm.jpg

#55 Tm_Silverclaw

Tm_Silverclaw
  • Citizen
  • 11336 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:23 PM

Ehh.. still to much for me to not like about this for me to take the dive until I find a -very- cheap deal on starter.

#56 Confuzor

Confuzor

They put em in Smash Bros!!!!

• Supporter
  • 8438 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:39 PM

40% off is mighty tempting for the individual figures. Mighty tempting....

#57 Rhinox

Rhinox

Yeah, I'm kind of pissy.

• Supporter
  • 14673 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 04:39 PM

Toys R Us is also holding back their exclusive discs for the event. Supposedly one of the TRU exclusive discs is Tron based.

"Why does history repeat itself? Because God doesn't have TiVo."

Wounds of honor are always self inflicted.

#58 Daith

Daith

My Nyah brings all the girls to the yard

• Supporter
  • 9928 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:21 PM

Looking at the pics of upcoming figures on Gamestop.com and I'm a tad disappointed. Looks like few characters are going to be Toy Box only. I figured it would be odd for campaigns for solo characters like Jack Skellington or Sorcerer Mickey and I guess I was right. The Frozen girls come in a two pack and only give you 2 custom skin discs instead of a playset. Toy Strory Playset will include Buzz and Jessie and the Toy Story Playset. Other than that looks like I said earlier about the Pumpkin King is confirmed.

I'm just hoping Wreck-it Ralph and Phineas and Ferb get a Playset campaign.

Switch code: SW-6538-7795-1972

#59 ZeroX

ZeroX
  • 2226 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:31 PM

They don't.

You can tell because their character chests appear in toy box mode, otherwise they would only be in their corresponding playset like the other playset characters.

Edited by ZeroX, 17 September 2013 - 05:31 PM.

#60 spikeriley

spikeriley

Time To Go Turbo!

• Citizen
  • 3693 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:40 PM

QUOTE(Daith @ Sep 17 2013, 03:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looking at the pics of upcoming figures on Gamestop.com and I'm a tad disappointed. Looks like few characters are going to be Toy Box only. I figured it would be odd for campaigns for solo characters like Jack Skellington or Sorcerer Mickey and I guess I was right. The Frozen girls come in a two pack and only give you 2 custom skin discs instead of a playset. Toy Strory Playset will include Buzz and Jessie and the Toy Story Playset. Other than that looks like I said earlier about the Pumpkin King is confirmed.

I'm just hoping Wreck-it Ralph and Phineas and Ferb get a Playset campaign.

I agree. On the other hand. I saw an ad at my Wal-Mart promoting the Woody figure coming out early there.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users